{PP-F1} Free Will -Floofy and Myself- Completed

Not too long ago Domarus had an interesting event on the ninth floor.  In the volcanic landmass Domarus had met up with Sakoda who had asked to dual Keres.  During the dual, Sakoda had snapped and went psychotically insane with rage, lashing out at Keres with a bloodthirsty rage that belonged to a lunatic.  Domarus had intervened, pulled Keres away and tore away his facade, revealing the cruel warlord he truly was.  Seeing as how he had revealed this to her she had two options:  To either join him and stay close by his side for the rest of her life, or die.  Nobody could know his true personality unless he could be completely sure they could be trusted.  Aereth he trusted completely, and Hidden had proven enough.  Dominion was clearly dedicated to serving him regardless of what his goals were.  Now he had a girl who was such a horrible mess he couldn't afford to risk it.  In the end he unleashed such a force on her that completely broke her arrogant mindset from the first blow.  In the end he asked her what she wanted to know and she asked him what her purpose was.  His answer was the truth:  She had no purpose other than to be a stepping stone.  Someone others can use to ascend themselves.  He then gave her a choice:  Either die and be a stepping stone for Domarus, or choose to grow stronger and defy the world.  Today Domarus would set the rules and give her a little eye opener on how the world works.  To Sakoda, those rules would be the law of the universe whether she wanted them to be or not.  Domarus waited for her in his shop as he told her to.  Keres was down in her own shop which was connected to Domarus' own and it's entrance was concealed in the walls.  He sat there at the counter looking through his journals and notes which were written in Greek.  To his knowledge only he would be able to read these but just in case he was careful to have them ready to withdraw at a moment's notice.  Rhozarth sat on his usual resting place in the shop and Domarus wore his usual black shirt and pants while he awaited Sakoda's arrival.

@Floofy

Edited by Domarus
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sakoda entered the shop, bowing before Domarus. "Hello sir. I'm here, as you've requested." She kept her head bowed as she spoke. The events on Floor 9 had humiliated her, although they were blurry to her. Most of what she knew was what Domarus told her about what happened, but even with her limited memory of her insane breakdown, she had lowered herself to the status of a servant. After all, she was no more than one right now. Domarus had taught her that much, at least. Although she was sure that he didn't want her to act as such, she believed it was her only use as of now. The cheerful and bubbly girl had become dormant, replaced by a quiet and obedient follower. She would even do what Keres told her, with how broken she had become. Regardless, this was who she was now, until Domarus remade her in his image.

Domarus' eyes shot up, his hands on his notes as he looked at who had entered his shop.  When he saw it was Sakoda he let go of the notes.  When he noticed that she bowed and kept her head down he stared for a moment before sighing.  This was just pathetic.  He'd have to bend her into shape before the day was done.  Unless she was disguising it she seemed to be very much willing to play the stepping stone role.  He would need to correct that swiftly, or at the very least have her disguise her distraught appearance.  He stood up and gathered his notes, inserting them in his inventory before coming around the counter and gesturing for Sakoda to follow.  He then pulled aside the banner and opened up the hidden door to Keres' work station and held it open for Sakoda.  He didn't say a word.  Rhozarth stared at Sakoda with disappointment.  He thought she would be worth something but so far she was showing the exact opposite.  Still, it was secretly hoping that it was right, as it disliked disappointing it's master.  When Sakoda walked down she would see Keres writing something in a small book before looking up and grinning at Sakoda.  She bowed to the player.
     "Welcome Sakoda, to my own little shop.  Domarus would like us to discuss things privately in here."  Domarus walked down the stairs behind her and closed the door, locking it so they would not be disturbed.  He walked over to a blank wall and leaned against it, crossing his arms as he did so.  The familiar's were not here but keeping an eye on the shop.  Domarus let the silence hang for a moment before he addressed her.
     "Sakoda, do you still seek to be someone the strong will step on to ascend to a higher plane?  If that is the case then we have no business here.  I need proof that you wish to become strong and no longer a tool.  I can teach you how to control the tools and gain victory against the strong, but you must have the desire to do so first.  Now...  Please decide.  You do not leave this shop until you have done so."

@Floofy

Keeping her head bowed in shame, she answered "Yes sir, I wish to be strong." She avoided eye contact with either Domarus or Keres, feeling too humiliated at her pathetic self-control from the other day. She knew her only hope was for Domarus to shape her into something great, but as of now she only felt weakness and fear. Fear that she would lose control again, and end up getting herself killed because of it. It was as if she had lost all faith in herself. As she stood there, words of doubt echo'd in her mind, questioning if Domarus was right. Perhaps she really was a stepping stone. Maybe she did deserve death. All of these words came from her inner darkness: her corruption that had taken control on floor 9. The side of her that wanted pain and agony, the side that wanted her to suffer, and to make the world suffer in turn. This was the side of Sakoda that Domarus needed to deal with.

Domarus stared at her as she spoke her reply, avoiding any eye contact and just standing there moping in whatever thoughts she allowed to swim through her head.  He sighed with frustration and sat down in one of the only chairs in the shop, folding his right leg over his left and folding his arms across the others, his eyes closed with thought.  This girl was far more broken than he anticipated.  Not only had she given up everything, she had become the lowest human on earth.  A woman who would do anything anyone else told just because they asked her to.  It was like a drugged slave save for it's her own decisions.  At least Keres had a backbone and personality to go with it.  She defied Domarus from time to time yes, but he knew she only did it to be punished, that being her odd hobby.  Domarus didn't need two servants.  Actually he never needed one but Keres' case was...  Special.  Sakoda however was most likely in this state of mind where she felt she didn't deserve anything but slavery.  He tapped his arm for a moment, Keres waiting patiently.  

"It is obvious to me Sakoda that you do not want to get strong, not yet.  If you did you wouldn't be moping in your own despair, seeking to serve me like a slave or a dog.  Prove to me here and now that you want to be strong and not a slave."  He sighed and leaned back, showing what he rarely showed to anyone at all, save for Keres.  Though even then it wasn't often.  Fatigue.  Not from physical activities or of what he does.  But of the sheer overwhelming knowledge of other people's pathetic thoughts, actions and sheer stupidity.  Normally he lashed out at something but this was different.  From the moment she had talked to him he had begun to form plans, and on account of her unpredictable nature he had to adjust them swiftly multiple times.  This was where he crossed the line.  Today he'd force her onto a path or keep her from going on whatsoever, and that was the end of it.  He was good, excellent, and a master at what he did.  But even a master grows tired of things once or twice.

@Floofy

Sakoda wasn't expecting this kind of response from Domarus. This caused her to finally look up at him. "How will I do that? How will I prove myself?" As she spoke, something nagged at her, telling her that she shouldn't be acting like this, like a servant (although she did love Keres' maid outfit~). She was better than this! A single moment of weakness, and a side of her that nobody knew existed, were nothing that should be removing her pride! So why now was she kneeling before this mans feet like a dog waiting for scraps?! The more these thoughts tugged at her, the more furious she got with herself, and Domarus with his trained mind could see this fury building in her, through her eyes. Something inside of Sakoda was trying to come out, and if Domarus could pull this off, he could bring Sakoda to an all new greatness. A part of her that combined the carefree and fun Sakoda that he met, and the battle ready and bloodthirsty Sakoda that appeared to them on Floor 9. Someone who he could control without making a servant of. He could raise her as his phoenix, burning the past Sakoda and creating a new one from her ashes. 

(OOC: So for the record, we are up to three different personalities for Sakoda lol. Her carefree and cheerful one (currently broken), her psychopathic and destructive one (from floor 9), and her rebirth one (Domarus' goal))

Domarus saw her look up to see him in the eyes again, and her response was mildly disappointing.  However at the same time it was satisfactory.  She lacked the information and accepted it, asking Domarus how she could prove it to him.  That was the satisfying part.  The disappointing part was that he had a lot of work ahead of him.  He sighed with aggravation.  

"Well for starters you can stop acting like a slave and more like a d**n apprentice.  You are going to be taught by the greatest manipulator in the world, the one who will rule whether by me or my legacy.  So acknowledge it, respect it, but don't act so pathetic."  He sighed as he rose to his feet and began to slowly pace around the circular room.  
     "Sakoda, you were born in a world of weakness.  Every single solitary aspect of your world was one of weakness.  I don't expect you to be a master all in an instant but I do expect you to listen and obey.  So before we do anything we shall set down the rules.  Number one:  If I tell you to do something, you do it.  No questions asked.  Rule number two:  You do NOT discuss with anyone else about me, our connection, or your training.  You keep it hidden and a secret.  I would prefer it if you stayed away from everyone...  Except players I specify to you.  Rule number three:"  He stopped in front of her this time.
     "If you have a question ask it.  Do not hesitate.  I'd like you to try thinking about things thoroughly so that you can find answers on your own as well.  It would definitely save time."  He returned to his seat and folded his hands, leaning forward and resting on them as they rested on his elbows.
     "If you can keep these rules, and refrain from showing such pathetic weakness, then we may continue towards our first lesson which must be laid down at once."

@Floofy

She folded her arms. "You expect me to serve you, and yet you tell me to not be a servant." She stood up and walked to him. "Sounds rather Hippocratic to me.." Sakoda folded her arms. At first she was willing to do as Domarus said, but now that he actually stated his intentions... She didn't feel so eager anymore, Something about this made her feel uneasy. With this unease though, came doubt. She could trust Domarus, right? He saved her life after all, and he helped her overcome her inner hatred. If she wanted to become stronger, what better way to start than by questioning those who wished to use her? If Domarus wanted to use her, he would have to prove to her that his ideals were what she should follow!

Domarus stared at her for a moment after her reply and analyzed her stance.  She had switched rather swiftly from a pitiful stepping stone to someone with far too much confidence.  And from what he could tell the girl hadn't really been listening to him.
     "Did I ever say I wanted you to serve me?  Once again I shall explain this to you and it will be the last or my patience will run out so listen with your ears and brain.  I don't need any more servants.  I never wanted one in the first place but the circumstances allowed Keres.  The only reason you're alive is because you said you no longer wish to be a stepping stone.  If I wanted you to remain a stepping stone believe me, things would have turned out far more differently."  He was so close to putting this girl back in her place but...  He would show restraint.  Instead he would give her a warning and only one single warning.
     "And don't get too arrogant.  Confidence is a good trait but too much of it and I will put you back in your place.  Even if you managed to gain stats higher than myself I will always have leverage and power over you and soon enough you'll learn why.  If you swear to obey these rules then I will make you greater than most people dream they could be.  I will teach you and share with you things I never have with others."  For the love of everything this girl had better agree to his terms.  One more issue and he just might lose it.  He really just wanted to get on with the day and get this over with.  If she refused he'd keep her locked up here until she agreed so she would listen to him, though that would spark bitterness and thus not his first option.  His last actually.

@Floofy

She folded her arms "I don't think I want to OBEY anything!" Her train of thought got derailed, as normal, as she remembered she had requested an item to be made for her. She decided not to mention it though, as now didn't seen to be the right time to do so..  "You say you don't want a servant, yet you insist I obey you and do as you tell me. Sounds pretty servant-like to me, and anyone else you would ask!" Her confidence began to grow into arrogance, as she felt like she could stand against Domarus. At least verbally. Mentally and physically, she was far outmatched, but that wouldn't stop her from trying.

Domarus growled as he had enough of this.  He walked up to her and struck her across the face with his outspread hand, enough force to push her to the ground.  His eyes flashed a very dangerous light.
     "Silence!  I said you are my apprentice, and every apprentice is given a set of rules to obey!  All must follow a law of some form, whether it be nature's or another's, and seeing as how you are among the lowest at the current moment, and how you told me you wish to become strong, you WILL obey my instructions!"  He turned around and walked over to Keres' shelf, only one or two potions up there at the moment.  He picked one up, damage potion, and observed it.
     "In order to lead, one must first learn to follow.  That is a fundamental fact Sakoda.  Before you can teach you must first learn.  And before you can demand you must first have the power."  He placed the potion back onto the shelf and turned around to face the arrogant brat again.
     "Even if you crave power to the point where you feel you could tear the world up just by thinking about it that does not give you power.  Only the potential.  I am here to guide you, help you cage and channel that potential, and show you where to lead it.  I will not stand for this behavior any further.  One more arrogant remark or threat out of you and you will regret it."

@Floofy

Sakoda recoiled, looking away and silencing herself, finally listening to Domarus. It would appear that he was beginning to make progress with her, although time would tell if that were the case or not. Right now, Sakoda appeared to prefer to resist and struggle against Domarus' work with her.  She did appear to be more angry and aggressive than when they first met, and her resistance was more than likely a result of her attitude shift. After a moment's silence, Sakoda finally muttered. "I'm kinda hungry..." She hadn't eaten for a while, almost 24 hours or so, although she doubted Domarus would let her eat with her recent arrogance and attitude. It wouldn't hurt to say something though, maybe she would get lucky and get an actual meal instead of bread and inn food.

Domarus watched as she became silent.  She was silent for a long while, implying that she was thinking to herself.  Either that or she was simply in pure shock that anyone would strike her.  Which was a very poor and stupid thought that nobody would take such action against her, let alone Domarus.  Or perhaps the action had finally knocked some sense into the girl.  Either way she seemed more arrogant, agitated, and rebellious.  He would need to burn respect for him into her very being and this he would do without a doubt.  No matter how long it took she would become his apprentice.  And his right hand.  The only words she chose to say, out of all of her options, was asking for food.  Domarus thought the request was humorous at first.  However it was possible that she now understood that her life was in his hands.  If she learned to listen to him instead of simply reacting, and trust that he knew what he was doing, perhaps he could use less violent methods.  He only lashed out when he was confronted with stupidity and arrogance that possessed nothing to back him up.  However something the girl needed to learn was nothing was easy.
     "The human body can last a total of five hundred and four hours without food, or three weeks.  The strong learn to ignore such needs if the need is not so dire and there is something of more importance at stake...  You may eat when it is noon.  That is about four hours and forty nine minutes from now.  Far less than five hundred hours.  If you refuse to listen to my words then you can wait till the evening."  Domarus squat down, making his eye level even with hers.
    "You have no clue what the world truly is like.  If you think your strong just because you believe you are I assure you, the world will grind you to dust.  I am showing you an opportunity, and normally I refuse to assist the weak.  People can improve themselves they don't actually need outside assistance.  However there is something about you that interested Rhozarth, and in turn through watching you, myself.  Do not disappoint me Sakoda."

@Floofy

Sakoda bowed her head to him, finally accepting submission. "Yessir, I'll listen." She had finally realized that Domarus was now in control of her, and if she chose to resist that control, he would destroy her life. Either by killing her, or other means that scared her to even think about. This was her destiny now; to be Domarus' apprentice and to carry out his will. If she desired to show disloyalty, she would be punished. No, she knew now that she had to accept this outcome, as the other choices were detrimental to her well-being. Although she had low self-esteem, she still valued her own life and wanted to continue to live. It's why she was still trapped inside of this game, instead of removing herself from it. She wanted freedom, she wanted to survive. She was willing to subject herself to subjugation if it meant she could live longer.

Domarus nodded rather slowly and moved over to his chair.  When he did he gestured to Keres who bowed and moved to go fetch the second chair which was hidden.  He waited until Keres brought it and set it beside Sakoda.
     "I don't want you collapsing on me while we begin your first lesson.  Whether you choose to sit or not is up to you."  He waited for Sakoda to make up her mind.  He was doing this to show to her that she wasn't going to be forced to do everything.  In fact, he only planned to force a handful of things on her.  The majority was the rules, obviously.  However there was also the matter of her needing to show him the respect and attention he believed he deserved.  Now that she was showing a bit of progress however, it was possible they could move on.  The first step was to establish the boundaries.  Show what she wasn't allowed to do and show her that she had freedom inside those boundaries.  Much like how a fence is placed around kindergarteners to keep them protected.  In fact there was a story about that and he would use it if he needed to.  When she made her decision he would continue.
     "Sakoda.  You have shared your boring history to me and insisted there was nothing left to know.  I'm inclined to believe you.  However my history.  Is far from boring...  Would you like to hear it?"

@Floofy

Sakoda hesitated for a second before accepting the chair and sitting. Looking to Domarus, it took her a while to register his question. "O-oh, I uhh.. I never really thought about it, to be honest.." Although now that the topic was brought up, she was a bit curious about Domarus' history. Part of her didn't want to know, but curiousity won out. "If you wish to share it, I won't argue with you sir." She replied, sitting back quietly to listen to him, whether or not he decided to tell her or if he chose to ignore sharing it. Interestingly enough, ever since her little personality experience, she hadn't even been paying much attention to Keres. She still could tell that she had feelings for the girl, but they weren't as obvious anymore as they were. Perhaps she had started to gain some self-control?

Domarus watched as she hesitated a moment before deciding to take the chair.  Well, they were certainly making progress.  When she heard his offer she had some trouble getting her words out, mentioning how she had never thought about it before.  She was once again back to her nervous self it seemed, which Domarus did not need.  Neither however, did he need the rebellious version of her as well.  He needed her to be somewhere in the middle.  Strong, but not arrogant.  Brave but not stupid.  Obedient but not a servant.  Self esteem but not cocky.  It would take time to shape her into the phoenix she wanted to be.  And the apprentice he'd been needing.  After hesitating a little bit, she gave a roundabout answer.
      "A yes or no will do next time, try not to beat around the bush.  If I ask you if you'd like to know something then there is no right or wrong answer.  Now since you wish to learn about my history we'll start at the beginning.  My father.  He wasn't the kindest of fathers but at the same time wasn't cruel.  Every opportunity he had he would have me watch the news with him, seeing the chaos, death, pain that went on around the globe.  The foolish arguments that meant nothing in the end.  He would show more disasters in the papers, anything and everything to show me the darkness in the world.  Something he had taught me that I would never forget is this:  The strong are on top, and the weak are on the bottom.  The weak live to serve the strong.  Men on the top will either be tyrants who are overthrown, do gooders who barely stay on the throne or are assassinated, or men who manage to hold a balance.  Most of the time it is men who care about nothing but themselves."

@Floofy

Sakoda nodded as she silently listened to Domarus tell his story. Hearing what he had to say, a lot of it made sense to who he was as a person. However, one thing bugged her, and she needed to ask. "What about your mother? What is... or was... she like?" She had noticed that Domarus avoided talking about her, and wondered if there was reasoning behind it. Was there some dark secret about her that he wished to keep that was, or was he simply holding off on those details? Sakoda would get the answers she wanted, even if Domarus did not want to share them with her. And as she thought about this, more ideas began to sprout in her mind. What if she became good enough to manipulate Domarus himself? Get him to do things that she wanted? It would be tricky and it would take time, but Sakoda was convinced that with Domarus' own training, she could gain the upper hand on him.

Domarus listened to Sakoda's question and thought about the Starry Eyed potion's effects on him.  It would never work again thanks to the cardinal system screwing him around, but it was a rather...  Interesting event to say the least.  He could recall what it made him saw, and the way she spoke towards him.  Of course he knew the real answer and that potion was nothing more than his imagination, quite literally in fact.
     "My mother died delivering me into this world.  I don't know what she looks like, or what she was like personality wise.  My father didn't have red hair so I suspect I got that from her, as well as my eyes.  My father was tall and strong, so I got that part from him.  That's all I know, and all I care to know.  I can't miss someone I never knew, and I tend to focus on the future rather than ghosts from the past anyways."  Unless the questions were about something Domarus would keep guarded, or something that was off limits in other ways, Domarus had no qualms answering.  However if she expected an emotional reaction from Domarus, she would be sorely disappointed.  Showing that he wasn't bothered with her asking a question, he continued.
     "Thus my eyes were opened.  I knew the truth of the world:  It is corrupt and nothing can save it.  There may be one or two specks of light here and there but overall the darkness rules.  And thus through darkness one can rise to the top.  There was something I had yet to learn however, and I would soon learn it.  At some point during my teenage years I began to play MMORPG games.  I would attempt to have my avatar conquer the world but of course, the players would crush me in an instant, mocking my pathetic attempts.  After multiple failures I had come to the conclusion:  If you show your true intentions, everyone will fight back.  If I told the world I was going to conquer it all and rule them forever, they would unite against me.  If I started slow however, with a company for instance.  I can slowly grow my influence throughout the land, starting with a single state, turning my company into an empire.  Absorbing one company after another.  Soon I work towards gaining influence in the government itself, which is actually quite easy.  The point here is that if one wears a mask, people can't attack you.  For they have no reason to.  And those who suspect, or even know the truth, cannot attack in the open due to the fact that it would make them look criminal.  My next attempt in the MMO resulted in gaining an army of players, most of which who hated me for fooling their characters in game, and soon enough I was very nearly handed a kingdom with but a few opposing me."

@Floofy

As she listened to him recall his tales of MMO conquest, she began to frown. So he wanted to take over SAO too? "I assume your goals are the same here then? If thats the case, what do you have planned for me, a fresh player? You would certainly be better off taking influence of stronger players... Unless..." Her eyes widened as she started to think of several possible reasons for Domarus putting so much effort into her, each one more diabolical than the last. She looked up again at Domarus as she began to see him for the man that he truly was. If she didn't figure out some way to worm her way out of this, she would become a puppet. Of this, she was sure. Domarus wouldn't allow anyone to leave his sights if he thought they would expose his true intentions, and Sakoda knew she was no different. But even after all of this, one thing still bugged her. Why her? What was so interesting about her that prompted Domarus' attention?