{PP-F1} Free Will -Floofy and Myself- Completed

Watching the frown on Sakoda grow and grow, he awaited her next question.  He listened to her words and after she trailed off he chuckled, a soft grin on his face.  He knew what she was thinking.  To be honest he was wondering when it would emerge.  This was a common reaction to those who were rushed into things rather than going through the normal process Domarus had.  Normally he would slowly alter their personality over time with events, words, stories and many other techniques, changing their perspective on life until they were at a position where they would follow him regardless.  Sakoda's reaction in her duel with Keres had interrupted his plans and he needed to kick it up a notch.  Now he would need to tread carefully.
     "In answer to your first question, to some extent yes.  I intend to gain a hold on Aincrad and rise to a position of power, influence and authority over Aincrad.  As for your next series of questions do not fret my dear.  You are not going to be a mere tool in this operation.  If you were nothing more than a tool, I would have withheld my secrets and true nature completely.  You'd only know me as a white knight who seeks to aid everyone.  Your role will come up shortly, but first you must finish listening to my story.  So calm yourself and listen."  Keres continued to watch Sakoda and if the girl turned to the maid, she would nod encouragingly.
     "Now then.  After I had practiced on the games, I decided to take it to the next level.  I experimented with my neighborhood first, and had confirmed that the process worked in the real world, not just in games.  And thus, by the end of the year I had mastered the art of deception and manipulation.  The next year my father moved me from homeschooling to public school.  High school.  My first day there I spent setting the foundations of 'friendships' by being kind, gentle, and aiding someone when they needed it.  Obviously the bullies of the school made me a target.  However there was one player who saw through my facade and knew who I truly was.  That person just happens to be in this room with us."

@Floofy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She nodded and glanced over to Keras before quickly returning her attention to Domarus. Part of her wondered what Keras gained from all of this, or if she just did it to be with him. "And what if you get killed off? Personally, I'm not one to risk finding out whether or not one really is killed when they die in here. Maybe I dont want to risk myself to further your own desires? Maybe I don't want to do as you tell me!!" Her eyes appeared to flash red, and Domarus could easily tell that her chatoic nature was starting to come out again, unless he could find a way to restrain it. It would certainly be easier to control Sakoda without the intervention of her inner chaos, as she seemed to become a completely different person. It was as if two people inhabited one body or something. Perhaps Sakoda had multi-personality disorder, and was never diagnosed? Or another possible option was that with her lack of friendly contact, her mind had developed another person for her to interact with? Whatever the reasoning, Domarus would benefit from figuring out how her two halves interact, and how he can manipulate either of them.. or combine them into one.

Domarus watched as Sakoda's attention flickered between Keres and him for a brief moment and once he finished she yet again challenged him.  Her challenge started off as her talking about his getting killed and the risk of her getting killed.  He nearly scoffed at that but all he did in the meantime was give a mild grin.  Then she openly challenged him with a change in her eye color.  He could tell now that the method he had been using up till now would be ineffective.  That much was blatantly clear.  And as he thought about it he believed he had discovered the method he needed.  He rose slowly to his feet.
     "Then prove it.  If you think you don't need me, defeat me.  Whether by argument, combat or otherwise I will beat you.  And unless you can stand against me, you won't rise to a position of power at all.  I find it amusing how you were so desperate for power a moment ago, and yet now you challenge the only person with true power who is willing to offer you his teachings.  But what do I know?  I've only spent my entire life focusing on a goal I've known since I was young.  How could I be a match for a young woman who's been lost and confused her whole life?"  He leaned in towards her, only an inch away from her face.  His eyes holding a flame, not anger, but a fierce and unyielding passion that could easily trump her own.
     "So go ahead girl.  Prove me wrong."

@Floofy

She grins, accepting the challenge with eager. "very well then, I will. I will prove to you that I am strong, and you will accept me as your equal in the matter! Name your battleground, whether it be with swords or words, it matters not to me. I will overcome your power with my own." She didn't look away from his gaze. She remained seated, glaring back at him with fiery intensity and determination. For now, she showed no fear of Domarus, but she didn't have the insanity from her fight with Keras. This was something else, some mixture of her personas. This would appear to only solidify the impossibility of her having Multi-personality disorder, on top of the system having cured it when she entered the game. Personalities wouldn't mix like this normally. No, this was something else entirely. No disorder, but more likely a form of coping mechanism that she had unintentionally developed, possibly earlier in her life, with it just now surfacing.

The girl was far too cocky for her own good.  Domarus however, had an idea of how he wanted to proceed from this point.  There was strength in her arrogance though, even though it was mainly arrogance.  It would get her kill, which to be quite honest, he couldn't care less at this stage.  However letting her go would be an extreme risk.  And thus there was going to be a catch.
     "Equal?  Well at least you actually have a goal, regardless of how temporary.  Alright then.  Here's the deal."  Domarus grabbed her by the throat and straightened himself upright.  As he did he took three long strides and pressed her against the wall.  Hard enough to encase her, and enough pressure to prevent escape, especially with his strength, but not enough to gain him an orange marker.  He held her below his eye level.  His face showed no emotion.  It didn't have to.  His eyes revealed the fierce passion that burned fiercely beneath him.
     "Convince me.  Give me a reason not to leave you in this room for the rest of the game.  You know my secret, and it's painfully obvious that you are untrustworthy, sporadic, and at this current point, hopeless.  You demand that you are better than me and challenge my authority.  So either convince me you let you leave this room, or force your way out of my grip.  Otherwise you'll be living the rest of your life in this room.  I'll get my materials elsewhere."  If she switched to her pathetic state again, he wouldn't let go.  He'd just stare her down until she gave him a solid answer.

@Floofy

She practically laughed at him. "I would be more useful outside of this room than inside. What would you have me do, locked up in here? Be your maid? As if! We both know that you have no use for me in here." She was acting like a bratty teenager, arguing with her parents. Unless Domarus could show his superiority and control over her, he would need a way that would force her to submit, assuming even that would have an effect on her. A part of Sakoda was enjoying this confrontation, and wanted to push Domarus to the point that he didn't want to reach. The fire in her rose, heating her emotions and making her more excited. Domarus has burnt her down, now he needed to control the flames that would reignite his little phoenix of a student, otherwise she could and would grow out of his control.

Domarus' eyes flashed, showing his lack of interest in her bulls**t.  He threw her across the room and stood tall, revealing how he truly felt:  All authority, superiority was on display for her to see.  His eyes held back none of the fiery wrath he kept hidden.  His posture switched to a much stronger, more king like form.  He held himself high with power and confidence unparalleled and unyielding.  The very air around him would seem to bend, bowing down to him.  His eyes, revealed his lack of love and empathy.  He was a ruler, and whether in Aincrad or the real world he would rule the world.  He kept his fiery eyes fixed on Sakoda's own.
     "Leave us Keres."
Keres rarely saw Domarus like this and wished she could see the events unfold, but she bowed and walked away, a huge smile on her face as she did so.  He began to walk over and if she talked back to him he would strike her fiercely with the back of his hand, sending her sprawling to the floor.  Whether she did or did not however he would say this:
     "From now on you speak to me with the respect due.  You are nothing more than a child.  A little brat who's arrogance is too much for her own good.  Not a moment ago you were hopelessly lost, chasing after company because you were 'lonely'.  Now you're just grasping at straws.  I, Sakoda.  Don't need you.  Plans upon plans.  Schemes within schemes.  I've prepared for nearly every outcome and you Sakoda, are not a need.  I could lock you in here and forget you ever existed and I could care less.  The truth is this:  You have no reason why I should let you out of here."  He began to walk over and if she talked back to him he would strike her fiercely with the back of his hand, sending her sprawling to the floor.  Whether she did or did not however he would say this:
     "From now on you speak to me with the respect due."

@Floofy

Sakoda growled in anger and glared up at him, but did not react. She was somewhat stunned from Domarus' sudden action, and was still recovering from her collision.Time passed, but she finally bowed her head in acceptance. "Fine, I'll submit to you.. But only if you treat me like the servant you have placed me as. If you are so high and mighty, than show it to me. Show me how submissive I must be to you. If I am not your servant, then I have no reason not to rise against you, correct?" She paused in her submission, smirking and stifling a laugh. "After all, I've shown myself to be.. annoying, as you would put it. Without a leash on me, how would you ever keep me under your thumb?" She asked, taunting Domarus' authority. Yes, for now she would submit, and she would serve him. If she were not treated as such though, she would seize the moment and retaliate, showing Domarus that he did not control her as much as he would like to believe. Until he had remade her into his perfect phoenix, she would need to be kept under control.

Domarus watched and waited as there was silence.  Sakoda showed anger towards him but the greater response he noticed, was the shock at his sudden display of pure kingly authority he released upon her.  After a moment she bowed her had and, 'grudgingly' it seemed, submitted to him and his authority...  She did however, inform him that she would only do it if he treated her as a servant, demanding to see him press down on her and keep her in submission, smirking as she essentially threatened him.  He placed his foot right below her throat and pressed down.
     "Then start by speaking to me properly."  While he did this he thought about how he was going to keep her in line.  He certainly could not place her in a maid's outfit, or any other form of humiliation, as that would destroy his reputation.  People accepted what he said about Keres choosing on her own accord to be his servant, but if he had a second person appear in a maid's outfit with the same excuse there would be many players who would become skeptical, judgmental, and doubtful of Domarus.  This he could not allow.  He would soon find out that pain would get him nowhere as in a moment or two he would discover that the cardinal had removed pain entirely.  He thought of a third and more suitable option:  When Aereth was on his side completely, which wouldn't be long now, he'd have the player target Sakoda whenever she displeased him, and he would beat her into submission:  Mainly cut her up into the red zone and remind her of how weak she truly was.
     "When you address me you will speak to me as your master.  When you address me in public you speak to me as sir, or mister Domarus as one would speak to someone with higher authority.  You will not by any means reveal anything about myself, whether through a joke or bluntly.  If I tell you to do something you follow it without question.  If you disobey me you will regret it."

@Floofy

With him pressing down on her throat, she could only nod in response as she feared that any attempt to speak would cause her to choke. Granted, she didn't know if she would or not, but she didn't want to risk it. Domarus wanted her to serve him? Fine, but he would need to assert it onto her. Some of the other players may willingly let him manipulate their ideals, but not her. Were she not currently undergoing her identity crisis of sorts, she would normally either willingly submit or try to refuse him. With recent events however, she had become more arrogant and cocky. This resulted in Sakoda gaining the mindset of 'If he so badly wants me, then he'll have to show it!' Clearly she didn't know how easily Domarus could 'show it' to her, otherwise she may have selected a different train of thought.

Domarus watched as Sakoda nodded, still attempting to act tough even though she was under his power.  In her eyes however, he could see a twitch of doubt.  Whether that was her determination to go through with this, or her thoughts on Domarus, he could not be certain.  All he could tell was that this was going to be a rather interesting ride.  He eased up the pressure but did not let her go.  He pulled an item out of his inventory and showed it to her:  It was a solid black ring.  When he brought it close to his own black ring, a symbol appeared on it, while his own emblem (seen on his shop) appeared on his ring, both appearing as a fiery red and orange color.

"You will wear this ring.  Once I'm done, those in league with me will be able to identify you and your position with this ring.  They will all know that you are beneath myself and them."  Domarus grabbed her left wrist and slipped the ring on, the item tightening when he did.  Only the codeword could loosen it and he didn't share it with her.  He wouldn't.  This would be the imagery he needed to remind her of her position. 

@Floofy

She frowned and tried to pull the ring off, if anything to show a sign of resistance.  of course, it didn't come off. Looking up to domarus she smirked "you have my attention, sir. What are your orders?" She would play along now. Domarus showed that he planned to dominate, and so she would obey until he showed weakness. Then she would start resisting again until domarus puts her in her place. She didn't intend to make this easy for her new master, but once he has her changed, she would stay loyal. 

Domarus pressed down again when Sakoda smirked at him, his face cold and unrelenting, crushing her against the wall but not enough for her health points to drop.

"Comport yourself or I shall do it for you."  After about five seconds he pressed a little harder before letting go entirely, turning around and taking a few steps away before turning around again.

"First things first, we'll need to raise your levels a little bit or else you'll be utterly useless.  I can't afford to drag two of you around.  You won't be going anywhere else besides with me for a while, not until I've established something first to ensure your obedience.  If you try to disobey me behind my back, Keres and Rhozarth will be watching.  And Rhozarth is anything but merciful."  He couldn't trust her on her own until Aereth made his little, demonstration.  Once he did Domarus doubted that she would disobey on purpose on her own.  Once Aereth and Hidden were on his side, he could order them both to keep an eye on her, not just Aereth.  Especially since Sakoda didn't know about hidden, he could easily make stories about her to drive enough fear of her and Aereth into stable obedience.  

@Floofy

"As you wish, Domarus sir. And how do you plan to do that? Also, I believe it would benefit you to give me my own identity among the regular players? After all, I wouldn't imagine you want a 'beta tester' to be affiliated with you." She laughed, joking about how all the other players believed her to be a beater. She did believe that it would benefit Domarus to keep his influence with her a secret, though. If players learned that he had the allegiance of a 'beater', they would begin to fear him and avoid him. Who would be able to gain the power of a beater like Sakoda? They would wonder. "Yes, you'll need to give me the illusion that I am my own player. One who stands out from you, and from the other prisoners of this world." She smirked before continuing, "But I'll leave those details to you, my lord."

Domarus listened to her and her mentioning identity as well as rumors that she was a beater.  This girl really didn't understand the power and influence Domarus had in this world did she?  Rather pathetic honestly.  Such lack of trust and understanding.  She tried to convince him that he needed to do so.  It was a very weak and puny attempt to control his thinking but at least it was someplace to start.  If Domarus wasn't a schemer, as well as extremely cautious, she might end up tricking him one day to do something that would not benefit him in the end.  However he doubted she would ever fool him.

"No need to worry about that.  Already I have quite the influence among the lower players that dawdle in the protection of the towns, and I know a few players who believe I would never lie.  They'll believe me when I tell them you're not a beta tester.  And those who don't at first I can easily persuade and prove wrong.  This Sakoda, is another example of power.  Reputation and influence can be a powerful ally when one needs it."  He didn't worry too much about that last smirk.  Given her state she'd probably be doing it for a bit.  If she became to consistent however, he'd remind her what her place was.

@Floofy

She frowned in annoyance, thinking she had found her first step in manipulating Domarus. Clearly not, however. She giggled and shrugged, "Oh well, it was worth a shot!" In an instant, her entire attitude did a 180. She went from cocky and demanding to silly and fun with a flash. "Anyways, how ya gonna make me stronger? Just by quests and stuff?" She asked, opening up her menu and looking at her stats. "I think I still have some beginner quests to complete, so I could do those at some point... As for gear, I dunno how to go about getting that." Sakoda closed her menus and returned her attention to Domarus, smiling cheerfully. "Whatever you wanna do, boss!" Sakoda announced cheerfully, saluting Domarus as she did so.

As the two gazed at each other one thing would be made apparent.  Sakoda, at least for now, was ever changing and never the same, whereas Domarus was unmoving and unyielding.  She might have softened but Domarus kept his posture and position the same.  The girl began again by asking how they should go about her training.

"Yes.  Further training will begin once we've made you far more stable.  So for now we'll work on your levels so you don't accidentally kill yourself somehow.  I'll also need to teach you how to fight more properly rather than just swinging wildly in rage.  Monsters are nothing to be trifled with.  And emotion like that will get you killed.  If you wish to do the beginner quests then you will do so alone.  Rhozarth will keep an eye on you as well, and make no mistake he is very aggressive.  As for your gear you can buy anything you'd like..  For now.  Once I feel you've deserved it I'll get you something far more worthwhile."  Finally she saluted and called him boss.  Honestly it was beginning to make him sick to his stomach but all he would give was a blank stare, awaiting her response to his instructions.

@Floofy

Sakoda smiled and nodded in understanding. A moment passed, and an idea popped into her head, making her grin in excitement. "Domarus, one more thing! It's more of a favor if anything, but could you turn me into a legend? I want to be known as a Heroic Spirit. A warrior of legend, like King Arthur or Gilgamesh... Ya that would be so amazing! I want to be mysterious and have the player-base question if I truly exist, or if I'm some kind of AI that the game randomly generates, or if I'm just a myth!" She beamed with excitement. The idea clearly was something that inspired her determination. "Yes, that would be perfect.. A legendary fighter, unknown to the world, but spoken of in whispers and legends..." Her eyes closed as she imagined this outcome. After a minute of her daydreaming, she giggled and looked back to Domarus. "Yes, I've decided! Create a legend out of me! I'll let you figure out the details~."

• 2 weeks later...

It was very much clear that Sakoda would be flip flopping between personalities, though which would hold more dominance was yet to be seen.  Would she be jittery and giddy longer than she was defiant and wild?  Time would tell.  Especially after he told Aereth about her.  Domarus refocused as she appeared ready to ask a favor of him, which was getting annoying as she was in no position to be requesting things like that.  Not to mention that her request was rather over the top and a very very large order from her.  He narrowed his eyes.
     "Prove your loyalty and I might.  Regardless of what form of legend you'd want to take, it would be nearly impossible to establish it throughout Aincrad, nearly mind you.  I can think of a few ways where I might be able to, but you have yet to show me a reason that you're worth the effort.  Change this, and I'll do everything in my power to do as you say.  For now do as I have said:  Stay low, only leave this room with me.  We'll train you and get you higher in level.  If you try to disobey me I will know.  And you'll regret it."  He'd need to message Aereth as soon as humanly possible about this, but then again he'd need to rescue Aereth first.  In the meantime he might as well get started.
     "Grab your gear and follow me."  He walked over to the door and opened it, waiting for Sakoda to follow before making it outside.

@Floofy

She bowed, grinning with excitement "Oh yes sir, Domarus sir!" grabbing her gear, she hurried out the door in excitement. It would appear that this side of her was accepting of her place by Domarus' side, more so than her more insane half. She had full faith that Domarus would be able to turn her into a powerful force indeed, but of course with that strength Sakoda would want to push her limits with him. Only time would tell how loyal she would remain, or if Domarus would have to take drastic measures with her. For now though, she would be loyal to him and do as he says. As she exited the room, she turned to see if Domarus would be following her. However, as she turned around she stumbled over her own feet, falling onto the floor with a thud and blushing with embarassment at her own gracefulness.