[PP-16] Whatever you want -Hikoru-

Afternoon. Floor sixteen. Beach.

I sat in the sand infront of my beachhouse and stared at the ocean. It was almost hypnotizing to see the wave going up and down, up and down. Never stopping splashing in on the beach. I sat just so it wet down my feets but nothing else. The cold water felt refreshing on my bare feets. I closed my eyes and felt the salty wind blowing my hair.

After half an hour just sitting in the sand I rose and walked back to the house. I sat down at one of my chairs in the shop-area on the lower floor. I swiped open my menu and started writing a mail.

Spoiler

Hey Hikoru.

I saw you was presence on floor four when, well, you was there so you know. I just wonder if you would like to come over to my beach house for a little chat? I’m waiting outside my beachhouse. Also sending the coordinates. Hope to see you soon.

Best regards Zandra

I felt a tear rolled down my cheek as I pressed send. Because this have reminded me of the break up Ive done with the man I love. It was quite awhile ago and I still wonders if I really acted right.

Then I rose and took a big felt, a couple of classes and a large bottle of cold lemonade. I went back out and unfolded the felt on the sand. Then I sat down on it and poured up lemonade in the glasses. Placing one in the sand and started sipping on the other myself.

-Yui's grace used-

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hikoru just finished training for the day when he received the message. He had swept another horde of giant bugs and slugs and was about to hit the tavern on floor 4 when the message popped in front of him. He opened it up and was instantly wary. Had she heard his vow to kill Ariel? No, no he was sure he never spoke a word about it, that he had kept it to himself. It definitely wasn't something that he liked, but the possibility of questions being answered made it difficult to pass up. He sent a message saying he would be there and entered the co-ordinates into his map. They wouldn't show up until he got to the floor, which soon happened as he appeared at the teleporter in town. He appeared on the 16th floor and made his way to his co-ords in stealth. He played it safe, looking around corners and scanning the area, but only Zandra was here. He let out a breath of satisfaction and looked around. It really was a beautiful view, the sun giving a certain color to the waves as they overlapped the sand, the soothing sound of the waves hitting the sand gave him a small nostalgic sense of his home in the real world next to the coast.

He looked and saw Zandra closeby, in a red hood that gave a large contrast compared to the pale-colored sand. It made it easy to spot her, and after one last glance around, he came over quietly, his hood drawn and sat next to her, his cloak and her jacket being the only things on the shore. He noticed a glass in the sand and ignored it, not fully trusting what it held inside. He continued to stare at the waves.

"So what's on your mind?"

I jumped when I suddenly herd a voice only a few feets beside me. I turned my head and spotted what I expected to see. A black-haired, hooded young man. I put on a smile as Hikoru stared at waves. ‘’Hello there Hikoru. Nice to see you.’’ I said with a welcoming tone in my voice. Last time we saw each others was probably during that event against the bull king. That was a really close call. Almost losing three frontliners. ‘’Have you recovered well from that Asterios fight? It was really close we hitted the dirt there. Good thing the others arrived.’’ I turned my eyes to the ocean as well. ‘’I have prepared a glass of cold and fresh lemonade. Its in the sand beside you.’’ I took another sip of my own glass.’’Mmmm… it tastes very good. I think its I bougth this from Takao a long time ago.’’ I held up the glass infront of my eyes and twirled it. The liquid inside whirled. Then I let the last of it pour down my throath. Then I picked up the bottle and refilled the glass.

Hikoru saw her jump and wasn't all that surprised. He had the tendency to appear from nowhere to people's surprise. It was his Unique Skills gift, to blend into the shadows and not be seen. He let out a small sigh as she greeted him and he gave a small wave. She asked about the Asterios fight and his face went grim. He didn't want to talk about it, but a few players had died from what happened that day, and it was almost the death of him and her, plus a few other players as well. He didn't like to think of it that much, as it was one of his worst moments in his time of SAO, where his actions and decisions cost the life of a beginning frontliner, and almost the death of him and many other players. He continued to stare at the waves.

"Let's not speak of that day." He said in a low voice, making it more of a command than a thought. He was not going to speak of that day, whether she liked it or not. She motioned toward the drink, and he ignored it still. It was impolite to ignore it, but it was more impolite to spill it onto the sand and bring out his own drink. He left it at be and gave an audible sigh. "Have you brought me here to catch up on old times? Because I have a bar and beer back on floor 4 that can do that on it's own." He said with a slightly irritated tone.

• 2 weeks later...

I turned my attention to the other frontliner. He said he didn’t wanted to talk about one of the most challenging fights that had ever happened in this death-game that I know about. ‘’Wait what? You don’t want to talk about it?’’ I thougth for a few moments in silence to try and figure out the reason behind his thougth. No, it sounded more like an order. I smirked. ‘’You know, it wasn’t your fault that you couldn’t be of much use. His paralyse skill was pretty overpowered.’’ He metioned something about a bar as well. ‘’You don’t have to be all grumpy over it, everyone have a bad day and don’t go into a depression with the alcohol as only friend.

It also seemed he didn’t wanted the refreshing liquid Ive poured up for him. It made me kind of irritated for him to not even say a word of it. But I decided to let it go and just shrugged. ‘’Well, its your loss. It is really good.’’

But, it seemed he didn’t wanted to ease the mood with some chitchat. Just wanted to get to the point directly. I let out a deep sigh. ‘’Well, I only half expected that you would actually show up. Still, I’m not glad you did or not. But I guess we have to have a talk sooner or later. And there wouldn’t be any reason to put it up to later.’’ I glanced at him before looking back at the waves. ‘’I guess you haven’t forgot about that time on floor four a few weeks ago. With Jomei, Calrex and the other from Velvet room. I did ignored you back then, but I still remember you and how you looked. To begin with…’’ Now I turned my focus back to Hikoru and looked at the hood, if he decided to look back at me I would look into his eyes. ‘’…how do you feel Hikoru?’’

Hikoru grit his teeth as she said he couldn't do something and ignored her statement about it. It was still a touchy subject for him and he wouldn't give her any satisfaction from his reactions about it. She called him an alcoholic, and he only gave a low chuckle. Alcohol doesn't register here, doesn't even give the affects, so how the heck could he be an alcoholic? It was just a drink to him now, nothing more and nothing less. She asked him about how he felt after all the events that had happened recently. He had been there where he learned the truth, and most of them showed in their faces and actions showed that it was true. He let out a small sigh, and pulled down his hood, revealing his face and long hair, which showed no emotion as he stared into the waves.

"Honestly?... I feel nothing. I feel dead on the inside to know that she betrayed me, over a simple thing... And now, I can never forgive her, because of her actions nothing will ever be the same between the two of us, and there's no way to fix it. And now I feel like it's my job to seek vengance for Lowenthal..." He looked down, doing his best to hold back tears, but the water was still formed on his eyes and it was easy to tell. "But I know I cant...." He breathed and looked up. "Not yet, I need to get stronger, and then I can take care of what needs to be done..." And he looked at Zandra intensely, malice in his eyes and his next words.

"And no-one will get in the way of me killing her."

I listened to Hikoru’s words in silence. Didn’t said a thing to risk interrupt his flow of words. Thou I was very surprised that he opened up to me so quickly. Even after he knew that Im standing on his targets side. The man stared at the waves and let me know that he cant revenge his former teacher. Then his head turned and I looked into a pair of turquoise eyes. It did felt like his last statement was aimed at me personally. I broke eye-contact and looked at the sand beside me. Hikoru, that had been my companion on several quests and hunting missions, Ive fought side by side in hard boss fights. And it sounded he was now ready to kill me. I couldn’t believe it.

‘’Hikoru.’’ I said without looking at him. ‘’You know that Im going to stand by her side right? And I wont be able to let you do what you intend to do.’’ It felt so strange. Talking all peacefully, in a physical way, and talking about killing other players. Even eachothers. There was so much I wanted to say. But I had to choose my words carefully. I cant tell him everything. Not yet at least.

Hikoru let out a sigh as he heard her words. He knew she would stand by her, he had a feeling. Even with how he felt about this girl, she stood by the woman who took his one of the few people he trusted, which caused the hatred and anger to cancel out the feeling of love he felt for her and the friend of hers that he was talking to. he pulled up his cloak and let out another sigh, then disappeared in teh blink of an eye and stabbed into the back of Zandra. He hit her with a stun, so she was left helpless with no way to move. He stood above her, his cloak hiding his eyes, which were nothing but malice, only showing the grim frown that held his lips tight.

"Then I suppose we are no longer friends." he said. He grabbed her arm and put her in a more decent position, resting her against a tree and leaning down. He could easily enter stealth and would be gone, but he wanted answers. "Give me one reason, one solid, structured reason as to why I should let you live. You are standing next to the woman who killed Lowenthal, a comrade of ours, our friend, my mentor...." He breathed and made sure to not let his anger get to him. "If you think that killing the woman I had once loved comes easily, you have no idea the pain and torment I have to go through." He said, his dagger firm to her neck. "Now, I want to hear this reason, or you die by either my blade or by being thrown off the edge of Aincrad."

ID: 84963

BD: 8+4=12 Hit!

Hikoru used Backstab: 4x16= 64-30=34 Damage to Zandra

Hikoru: 1275/1275 122/126
Zandra: 1361/1395 138/138

Suddenly, the man infront of me was gone. It took me a few seconds to realise what had actually happened infront of me. ‘’What …’’ I said and was just going to raise when I felt something hit me in the back. ‘’God damnit.’’ Was all I could say before I fell sideways on the sand. I big spot showed on the cloth as the glass of lemonade fell down and wet it down. The glass Ive sipped on just seconds earlier. I felt the hard warm sand to my side when something grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the beach. When we was back on the grass the shadow master leaned me to a tree. Now I could see the man, hiding in his hooded cloak. I stared at him, my crimson eyes getting redder. He told me to give him one good reason for him to not kill me. I spit towards him before I started speaking. ‘’What the F**K!!! are you doing Hikoru!?’’ My eyes shot ligthnings towards the shadow master. I couldn’t believe he just stabbed me. Hikoru, one of the last ones I still trusted. Thou that seemed to be wrong. ‘’Are you totally out of your mind? Are you going to kill me!?’’ I stared at him. There was nothing I could do. I was unarmed and unarmoured. There was no way I was going to be able to fight him back. Probably he have his enchanted armour on. Goddamnit. The only thing I could do was to buy time and hopefully the stun would wear off. Maybe there would be a small window so I at least can equip my gear.

These was the thought that went thru my mind at the same time as I worked up a reason for him to spare my life. ‘’Well, I honestly don’t get you. I don’t even get what is going to be better if you kill me. Or Ariel.’’ Since there was nothing else I could do, I held my eyes fixed on Hikoru. ‘’But if you really want a reason to not kill me. Remember that I am the highest levelled support player in this death game. I’m always a pretty good damage dealer and could do some tanking if necessary. There would be a huge loss to the frontlines if I disappeared.’’ I didn’t wanted to brag. But when saying these words, I did realised Ive actually have climbed pretty high at the ladder to the frontlines.

Hikoru listened to her words, and shook his head. Although she wouldn't understand it, killing the helper of Ariel would break her spirits, and send her to him. She would more often than not come in blindly, and fall into a trap. It was a good plan, and he's glad that he could pull it off thanks to her calling him there. He let out a small sigh and spoke very quietly and in a low tone.

"You wouldn't understand it, even if you tried." He said. She spoke about that she was one of the top-levelled players and a support player. He raised his eyebrow underneath the hood, but it was hidden by the shadow of his cowl. "There will be others, and one less will hurt, but the hole you will create will be filled." He said, then disappeared, then appeared in multiple areas and struck around the player, dealing a good chunk of health, and he let out a small sigh as his energy dropped once more. He shouldn't use it that much as it costs a large amount of energy, but he couldn't help it, as it was hard to control his enjoyment of the feeling. He looked. "And also, you didn't give the answer I was looking for. Shame, it's sad that I have to kill such a... Unique face." He said, avoiding any weird conflict. There was no way that he could turn back now.

ID: 85293

BD: 3+3=6 Hit!

Hikoru used Swarm: 14x16= 224 Damage to Zandra

Hikoru: 1275/1275 122/126
@Zandra: 1107/1395 138/138

’’I… I wouldnt understand?’’ Was the thougth that flew thru my mind when he probably decided to reveal if my reason was good enough. What he then said made me grit my teeths. ‘’You… you little…’’ Was all I could say when he said there wouldn’t be such a big deal if I disappeared and the hole would quickly be refilled. Then he flew at me again, first at the chest and then followed up with stab after stab. He also darted back and forth and it was hard to focus on the shadow master. When he was done he decided to tell me I didn’t said the answer he wanted.

The fact that he so easily think about my capabilities was still on my mind when I started channeling my field medic mod. Close to all damage Ive received from the man was now being refilled. I smiled. Even without a weapon, I maybe going to survive this.

I let out a sigh. ‘’Hikoru.’’ I started when trying to find out something else to say. To be honest, in the situation we was in at the moment, I had went on completely the wrong track. Maybe it was true or false that I was needed. But it wouldn’t change his mind in the emotional state he was in right now. After some seconds I continued. ‘’Do you really wanna kill me? After all we have been thru?’’ I looked at the shadowed face with a few seconds pause. ‘’remember that time when we completed that bomb quest first of all. I haven’t herd about anyone else completing it after us either. To be honest, I not only like to do the quest.’’ I looked away with a faint shade of a red tone appeared on my cheeks. ‘’I liked to do it with you. I’m also got very happy when you wanted to scout in the labyrinth with me as well. Do you really wanna kill me Hikoru?’’ I finished. Then I closed my eyes and prepared to be stabbed again.

ID: 85332

CD: 11

Zandra used Field medic +279 HP (20% of 1395)

@Hikoru: 1275/1275 122/126
Zandra: 1386/1395 134/138 -4

Hikoru listened and watched as he health was brought up to almost full. His teeth were grit together as his jaw locked tightly. He had forgotten that she had Grandmastered healing, and as soon as it happened, he knew that he had lost this. There was no way in his state that he could even come close to killing her. He would need to fight her fully buffed to even stand a chance. She said that she enjoyed spending time with him, and even gave a small blush. He felt his own cheeks start to warm a bit, and he made sure to hide his face. Did she.... Why would she like him? She knew that he had been with Ariel, and she had even been with Jomei, a close friend of his. He couldn't... He needed a moment. He sheathed his dagger and entered stealth to do his best to regain his composure. Besides, he could get a better vantage point from here and strike her when she didn't expect it, right?... He let out a breath and pulled back his hood, his hair going everywhere underneath as he listened to his heartbeat, going nuts and doing his best to calm it. He didn't know how to react to this new information. Did she actually like him? He couldn't tell, he didn't know. His emotions were confused with what he thought was his morals... And he, for the first time in a long time, was lost in what to do.

"What do I do..." He muttered to himself.

Hikoru entered stealth: 26+ to find (Due to being near water)

With my eyes closed shut, I waited for the dagger to be buried in ly virtual flesh. Even if we didnt felt the pain from attacks, there was still this feeling when the blade pierced the skin. Thou, that feeling never came. Wouodnt he attack me again? I slowly opened my right eye to watch what he was doing. But there was noone there. The two crimson goobes was now open and scanned the open area. Thou the man was nowhere to be found. When I realised Hikoru wasnt here and had disengage, I immediatly activated my charge skill and darted towards the beachhouse. If I just got inside I would be safe. Then I wouod be able to lock the door and barricade the Windows. I was pretty sure he wouldnt begin a siege all on his own.
But why hadnt he attacked? What was it that I said that could have scared him away. But the onoy real thing I said was that I liked doing quests with him. But why would that make him disapear without a word? It wasnt until I was onoy ten meters from the house realised what may habe been. Did he think I like him in that way? My speed slowed down akd I stopped onoy a few meter from the frontdoor. I turned around and looked at the spot where he had placed me. The ocean breeze fluttered my long black hair and the short red skirt. The smell of salt was in the air as I slowly turned back towards the house and started to take a few steps towards it.

Hikoru took a moment and thought. Why would she like him like that? She had Jomei, a much better man than he was. All he was, was an assassin that knew how to fight dirty. Jomei had always been a player he had looked highly upon, but he hadn't seen him in some time. The last time was when he had seen the two of them... Break up. He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. That had been a detail he had forgotten to notice. He breathed and did his best to re-gain his composure. Although he wasn't the best assassin, he knew how to finish a job. He looked for Zandra, and noticed that she had disappeared. He looked and saw that she was heading towards the house. She acted quickly, he noted. He opened a shadow-door nearby, and focused the other side towards the inside of the house. With the house still open, he had access to it, but once the door was shut he was trapped either in or out. He jumped and went through the shadow door, tumbling quietly into the house. He moved quickly and entered stealth, blending into the shapes of the house and becoming out of sight. He would wait until she was vulnerable, then he would strike.

I took the last few steps and entered the house. Before I closed the door I scanned the fields of grass and sand to hopefully spot a hooded blackhaired man. To actually have no idea of where the enemy was felt so uncomfortable. Or was he really my enemy? Well he did stab me countless times. That thing I had hard to believe actually happened. Hikoru, one of the few friends I have, or had it seems. How could he do such a thing? So much have happened the last hour. I quickly barricaded all the windows in the house before I threw myself on the couch. I closed my eyes and took several deep breaths as I tried to gather together my thougths. So, what to do next? Hikoru probably would wait outside so in here I was safe. Since he wouldn’t start a siege would he? I guess I should equip my gear and head out before he ran away. I still needed to talk to him. But it had really been a chain of events I haven’t expected or was prepared for. Thou it felt so good to just lay on the couch. Well, just a minute at least.

Hikoru watched her enter, and did his best to not smile. She had left herself wide open. He opened up his inventory and pulled out Yakimba. Even if he couldn't deal good DoT Damage, if she got in a Stun-lock, she was dead. He soon felt the familiar weight within his sheath, and he reached for it slowly. He did his best not to let the metal give too much noise within its sheath and took things as slow as he could. As he finished pulling out the weapon however, he bumped into a nearby potted plant. It fell and shattered, and he knew his cover had been blown. He looked around quickly and saw that there were stairs. He didn't know where it lead, but he didn't care. He opened up a shadow door and made sure it would be behind the corner so he would be out of sight. He stepped through and quietly stepped upstairs. He saw an open door and ran into it, closing the door behind it. realized it was her bedroom. He ignored his thought and quickly disappeared underneath the bed. Blending in with the surroundings and disappearing from sight. He breathed and waited until things died down to continue with his plan.

The rhytm of my breaths was suddenly ended when a loud crash was herd. I sat up straight in the sofa, my eyes now open and focused and my mind was completely clear. This was a game, and stuff just don’t fall over by accident in games. And there would be no reason for it to do it now. Someone was in here. When I sat up, the loud sound have came from behind me. Was I becoming backstabbed again? But when I turned my head around there was nothing there. Well, there was a crushed flower pot on the floor and dirt all over it. But no virtually living creature. It must have been him. I have no idea how he did it. But there was no one else it could have been. I know he have that unique skill, was that doing more then just giving an opportunity in battle? Thou I don’t know if he is blocked by locked doors. Was he still inside? Or have he retreated away? I stood completely still, my hearing sence on full focus.

There!

I herd a something thud against the floor above me. ‘’In the bedroom.’’ I whispered to myself. My finger opened up the menu and clicked almost automatically on a lot of buttons. Soon, my heavy armour was equipped. I was putting the axe and my warhorn in the at ready inventory. I didn’t wanted to fight him, but I wont intend to do be attacked again when totally unarmed. I started to slowly walk up the stairs, prepared if a body would suddenly fly at me.

Hikoru heard movement downstairs, and slow walking on the stairs. As he had guessed, she had heard him. By the heaviness of her footsteps, either she wanted him to know that she was there, or she had equipped her Heavy Armor. He grit his teeth. It would be much more difficult to fight her with heavy armor on. He should have taken his chance to finish her off then, but for now he was stuck with what happened. He grit his teeth and shuffled quietly to where he could leap out easily. He set up a shadow-door next to him, and linked it to the stairs that she was coming up on. If things went bad, he could escape and hide somewhere downstairs until she opened the door or a window, then he could leap out and escape easily. For now he steadied his breathing and waited for his chance. He had no clue what she had planned, but her bulky weapon would be proved useless in such a small area as the hallway. Unless she wanted to fight with another weapon, she would only be stuck to fight in the large bedroom he was located in. He gave a quiet sigh and waited to see what things would go down in this bedroom.

I tried to walk as silently I could. But this heavy armour really gave me an disadvantage. Thou it would still be worth it. To fight him without any armour at all, that would be worse then having this barricade of protection between me and that dagger of his. But hopefully it wouldn’t come to that.

Now I was outside the bedroom. I put my hand on the handle. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Now was the time. When I opened this door, there was no return. I could still walk down the stair and head into town. To the safe zone. But what about then? He could easily follow me undetected and attack me anytime on the way there. I remember his dagger from the duel I had with that long ago. That paralyze was a real pain in the butt back then. Also, I couldn’t leave this house because of emotional reasons either. Not now, it was still to soon.

I opened the door and bursted into the room. No need to sneak, he would hear me anyway. When inside the bedroom, I couldn’t see anyone. I got a confused look on my face. Then it went up for me. He had probably went into the bathroom when herd I was coming up the stairs. I opened to door where I usually showered each morning and evening when being home. Thou it was still empty. ‘’So, he did leaved after all.’’ I said when standing in the door post facing the bathroom.

Hikoru watched as she entered the room, then turned her back on him. He got out quietly and stood. Now was his chance! He charged at her, appearing from the shadows and hitting her rapidly, dealing a large amount of damage, even through her armor. He landed behind her and with shallow breaths held his dagger in a reverse-defensive position. He would be ready to take whatever attack she threw at him. This was a battle to the death. And if things got bad, He could stun her and run away back into stealth. He prepared for the worst and hoped that he would be able to survive her first hit. He knew she couldn't use charge, as he had closed the distance between them easily. She had no room to, as now he had pushed her into the bathroom with his attack, and stood in the doorway. If she was able to take him out with a stun, she would have time to run. This was one of those times he wished that he could stop stuns with his weapon, but sadly he didn't have Paralytic Immunity or any way to dodge a stun. He grit his teeth and waited for the next attack

ID: 85436

BD: 4+3=7 Hit!

Hikoru used Swarm: 14x16+4=20= 280x1.15= 322 Damage-93= 229 Damage

Hikoru: 1275/1275 110/126
Zandra: 1166/1395 138/138