[PP-16] Whatever you want -Hikoru-

"OH MY F***ING GOD!!" I let out when feeling the preassure on my back and I took a few steps forward into the bathroom. I felt stab after stab piercing my armour and ticking of my health. Thou unliie before, this time my damage answered. The armour bursted into flames and for a few moments, it surronded Hikoru and reduced his health. It wasnt much, but it was something.
 This was also same attack pattern like outside. But now he did alot more damage. Not only that from charge skill, must be something more. Did he took q damage potion? But there was other stuffs to worry about rigth now. Like how I was going to get out of the bathroom since in here, my axe didnt had enough space to attack with. I needed to get out of here. But the only way out was blocked by an assassin. I looked around, but there was nothing useful in here tyat I could use. There was only one thing to do.
As I was cornered in the bathroom, panic started to show on ly face. My head looked from side to side and I took a few shaky steps backwards. When I felt the wall behind me I stopped and looked at Hikoru with big, scared eyes. "No... Please Hik..." I started with shaky voice. I gulped and just stared at the man. " Hikoru please. Please dont do this. I dont want to die." well after all, that was the case of most players in this deathgame. "Dont do this Hik, I beg you." I finished with a scared and desperate voice. I was trapped. A axe wielder vs a dagger wielder in a small room. There was no way I was going to win this. I just had to rely on Hikorus feelings.

Hikoru -30 from flame aura

Hikoru: 1245/1275 110/126
Zandra: 1166/1395 138/138 

Spoiler

59eb6fc32677677fe2ac91463d90fc21.thumb.jpg.e09b244e0b2ebda80b767734b80f61a7.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hikoru looked at his victim. He grit his teeth as the flame thorns found their mark on his skin and ignored it for the moment. It wasn't enough damage to scare him by any means, and he would be fine. She asked for mercy, and he just hid his eyes beneath his cloak. He needed to do this, he had to finish her off. She was poisioned with Ari's lies, she was a victim of her deceit, she needed to be released from that. He raised Yakimba high in the air and was ready to attack... But he couldn't. He dropped the dagger back to his side. He couldn't do it... She looked so scared, and he realized he was the one causing this fear. He thought he would be ready for those eyes, but he wasn't. He looked away, and with frustration threw his Dagger into the wall. It stuck, then turned to pixels as it returned into his inventory. He felt tears in his eyes, and did his best to stop them but he couldn't. Two streaks of tears ran down his face as he did his best to hide them. He stifled a sniffle and turned around, walking out of the house without another word, knowing that he couldn't complete what he had started.

I did begged him to not kill me. I also didnt thougth it would stop him. Why would he? Hikoru had come here with the intention to kill me it seemed. He had tried one time, and failed. Now he tried again, and failed as well. I only wish I could see his eyes. To see someones eyes could tell so much about a person. Revealing things thats almost impossible to hide. But that hooded cloak refused to grant me that wish.
I jumped when the dagger was throwed at wall and shattered with a loud noice. I maybe couldnt see his eyes, but I did saw two teardrops, rolling down his chin and falling towards the floor, just before he turned around and walked away, leaving me alone in the bathroom.
It took a few seconds for me to realised what have happened. Hikoru didnt attacked me. Hikoru cries. Hikoru left without a word. Something wasnt rigth with the young man. I herd the frontdoor open when I ran down the stairs. I rushed to the door and scanned the grassfield.s I quickly spotted the shadow master. I catched up to him with a quick jog. I grabbed his left hand in my rigth to slow him down. With some quick steps I was infront of him. I embraced the man and whispered. "Its alright Hikoru. I wont harm you. Lets put the Ariel subject on ice for awhile. Im here if you wanna talk out about it or something else." I finished off with a calm voice before waiting for him to answer.

Hikoru heard footsteps approached as his hand was grabbed, and Zandra embraced him in a hug. She said it was okay, and that she was there if he needed to talk. He did his best to keep his composure, but he finally broke, and sank to his knees. He let the sobs out, and they came in short bursts, hitting him hard and being released from the dam of emotion he had blocked up for so long. He cried, doing his best to stifle his sobs, but some still escaped from his lips despite his efforts. He was unable to say anything for awhile, but as he cried he finally found words.

"Im sorry.... Im sorry..." He spoke, over and over again as the tears hit the ground. He was such a better person than this. What had he become? Blind with rage, thirsting for vengance, becoming cold to everyone he had held so dear. He cried, unable to stop for what seemed like forever, and even after the tears fell, he still held onto her, unable to let go, for fear that he wouldn't be able to stand again, and be stuck in the grassy fields for eternity. He felt weak, alone, helpless... And nothing he thought of could make it better.

The answered my embrace, held onto me tigth and broke. I stood still, brushing him slowly on his back. After a short while I herd words between the sobbings. He said 'Imsorry' again and again. At first I said its fine. That he would relax and made sure that he knew he is safe. But when he kept on apologizing I rolled my eyes. 'come on Hik. You dont have to repeat yourself this many times.' I thought but didnt said. Instead I did something more forceful.
I am a warrior. I think everyone on the frontlines is a warrior. There takes much effort and thats why not everyone is there. I also did liked this man and rated him as one of my best friends. But he had stabbed me countless times today. I couldnt ignore it. My warrior-soul couldnt just ignore a killing attempt. I took a step back as my armoured hand started glow. I knit my fist. "I have herd you are sorry. So can we go on? Wake up Hikoru!" I said before letting the glowing fist fly thru the air. The punch landed right on his stomach with full force. A red mark appeared on his armour and health reduced by a single point. Before he could retreat I grabbed both his hands in a steady but firm grip. "Hikoru, now we are even. Okay? Both are well and fine."

Hikoru sobbed for a few more moments, holding tightly. He felt the safest he had been in a long time, and he finally started to relax, when a punch to the gut send him sprawling. The wind was knocked right out of him, and it took him a moment to process what had just happened. He tried to stand, but the girl held fast onto his hands and said that they were even. He finally processed, and wanted to hit back in retaliation but her hands stood firm around his. He grit his teeth, but knew that he had deserved it. He stood slowly with a nod and ignored the streaks of tears on his face, as he really couldn't wipe them away with his arms held as tight as they were. He then realized that if a passerby saw them, they would think that they were having a romantic moment, and he felt his cheeks glow a tad bit hotter than they had before. He broke away from her grasp and gave a small cough, covering his face and looking away.

"Yes, well, thank you for... that." He said, then he looked at her in all seriousness. "Not a word of what happened today to anyone. If I hear it come out, I will come after you... But I don't believe I have the guts to kill you, or anyone else..." He said. "Yet."

It seemed Hikoru was ashamed for what have happened today. He didnt wanted anyone to find out... ever. He even threatened to kill me if I wouod tell anyone. But why didnt he wanted me to tell anyone? Was it because he didnt took me down? Or was because he did attacked another player? Maybe it was he didnt wanted anyone to know that we have met at all. "Well, Im not very happy when it comes to killing other playe..." I suddenly stopped in the sentence when remebering something. I remembered a day a very long time ago. The first time I saw a player die. And it was my fault. I could have saved him. But I didnt. My arms losed their strength amd fell down the sides. My crimson eyes broke eyecontact and looked at the beach-house. "Nevermind. Just, dont worry. I wont spill it to anyone." I said with a neutral voice. What happened to that guy, could have happened to me today. This thougth was stealing the colour from my face and I suddenly felt scared. What if Hikoru had only tricked me to get away from the house and had others hiding in the bushes, waiting for his command.
I took a few steps towards the house. I stopped. "Well, Im going back to my house. You can follow me if you want. Or if you prefer to leave, I beg you farewell and good luck on your journey." Then I started walk again.

Hikoru listened as she started to say something, then her tone changed entirely, taking eye contact from him and he raised an eyebrow. Something was on her mind, and as curious as he was, he knew that here wouldn't be the right time or place to talk about it. He thought for a few moments as he pulled up his hood, hiding his face, and started to walk away. Something was tugging at him though, that he had come here for a reason. He thought for a moment, and remembered that he had come here for information, and something else was tugging at him, but he ignored it for now. He let out a sigh and pulled back his hood and turned tail, running up behind Zandra

"Wait!" He said between breaths. He slowed down as he caught up, and bent over out of breath. Although he was a user of stealth, he still couldn't run a straight line without being tired. He stood and get a sigh "Could I... Come in, for awhile? I still have stuff I need to talk about..." and he looked down sheepishly "And.. I don't really have my own house to sleep at. It gets kinda cold at night and it'd be nice to sleep on a couch for once..." He said with a sigh, looking down as he did his best to pull a "Innocent lamb" maneuver to get someplace warm to sleep.

((OOC: You can end the thread on your next post))

A sigh left me when Hikoru turned around and headed in the opposite direction. Thou if it was of relief or disappointment, that I don’t know. Thou not long time have passed when I herd footsteps quickly approaching just when I laid my hand on the handle of the door. I turned around before I had opened the door, My left hand opening my battle ready inventory, just in case. Thou it was only Hikoru, and he was alone. I relaxed a bit. But only a bit, after all it was he that stabbed me. Would he do it again?

After hearing him out, I closed the floating screen. I gave him a silent nod before turning around, open the door and walked in. As Hikoru also had entered the wooden house, I closed the door and made sure it was locked. I took a walk around the house to check all windows was barricade. Everything seemed in place. Then I sat down on one of my armchairs infront of the fireplace. I felt comfortable enough now to unequip my armour. I leaned back, my eyes always on Hikoru to make sure I wouldn’t be attacked again.

She gave a nod, and he was in. He meant no harm, but he knew that she would be watching him like a hawk. He didn't blame her, as he had attacked her multiple times. He let out a sigh and did something that he hadn't done it what felt like years. He opened up his inventory and unqeuipped his cloak, revealing his armor underneath, just basic-looking black clothes, but somewhat skin tight as the design he had hoped for. It didnt show anything... unnecessary, but it still didn't leave much to the imagination, which gave him a small blush as he felt very exposed. He ignored the feeling as best as he could and entered the house, taking a seat on the couch and awkwardly sitting there. He waited for her to enter, then he brought his hands together, looking down at the ground.

"Why do you.... Why do you trust her? After what she did... It just, it doesn't make sense to me..." He asked. He didn't plan on attacking, but he needed to know.

• 3 weeks later...

The master of shadows sat down in the sofa. His next action surprised me. Surprised me alot. He removed his cloak that had covered most of his body. My eyes looked at the well shaped man until he started to speak. I listened in silent eyecontact and when he was done, I kept silent for awhile. I took a deep sigh and pushed myself out of the armchair. I walked over to one of the very few shelfs that didnt had any potions or crystals on it. There I took two cups akd poured up some refreshing lemonade. I walked over to Hikoru and placed one of them beside him. "You can ignore it like you did outside. But honestly, why would it be poisioned?" the question was more of rethorical so didnt waited for an answer. My face turned sad before I turned around and faced the everchanging fire. I stared into the flames and took a sip. "Why I trust her you ask?" I was quiet in a few more seconds before continiuing. "Hikoru..." I turned around. "...if she hadnt done the kill, would you trust her nowadays? Or have she changed anything"

Hikoru watched as Zandra got up and brought over a drink for him. She joked about it being poisoned, but he knew that she didn't poison it, he had watched her the whole time, and it had been sitting there before they had even got there. He took a sip and found out it was lemonade and took another sip as she asked a question that he had never thought of. He thought for a moment about that, and he mentally shook his head. After everything that had happened between them, it was hard to not think about what she did. But he did his best and thought about before everything happened. Although he loved her, she was so secretive, he always felt that she was hiding something. And nowadays, he had heard about how she treated Kimba, her familiar that he had come to love. Abusing her and seemingly treating her like trash, it made him sick as to how much she had truly changed. He shook his head and gave a sigh

"Seeing as you say that, I would say yes." He said. "But, seeing what kind of person she's turned into now, I can't. And I don't think I ever will. I will never trust her, but I know I don't have the heart to try and kill her as I thought I would..." He said with another sigh. "I may have to leave that for the hunters, if any of them decide to try."

I gulped as I listened to Hikorus reply. I took a few steps towards rhe couch as he spoke. When he was done I first just stood there, turning my head to watch thru window. I rubbed my forehead with my hand as I was thinking of how I would proceed. I know this is a very, very important moment. The words the is going to leave my mouth soon, could ruin the fragile friendship that was between me and Hikoru. It could also do much more damage to others if I don’t pick the right words. I closed my eyes for a few seconds and took a deep breath. Then I took the last steps to the couch and sat down, leaving about a meter long gap between me and the master of shadows. I looked at him with sad eyes. It was hard to keep the eyecontact, but I had to. ‘’Hikoru.’’ I started. How could it be so hard to just say some words. ‘’Hikoru. That your friend…’’ I said your instead of our since I wasn’t worthy to call him friend. ‘’…is no longer alive, its my fault.’’ Even if I knew this was the case, I have never said it out loud, giving the expression to myself that it was just a lie. It was too much. I broke eyecontact and quickly rose. My beathing getting faster. ‘’Aaaahhh!!!’’ I screamed and threw the glass as hard as I could at the wall. Then I just stood there, breathing fast like when getting furious. And just stared at the wet spot on the wall as the blue and white crystals from the glass faded away into nothingness.

• 4 weeks later...

Hikoru turned to her as she said his name. She took a pause, then she spoke, words that both confused him, and startled him. Her fault? How was it her fault? He was confused, then she threw glass at the wall, it shattering into pixels and he jumped a bit. He was startled, and confused. How was she the one that caused the death of Lowenthal? He didn't understand and was a bit confused at what she meant. He stood and took a step closer to her, hands awkwardly at his sides as he wondered what she meant. He stood behind her, a bit worried by what happened just now.

"Your.... Fault?... But, you never struck against him, did you?... Unless, you both tag-teamed against him... But then someone would have an orange crystal...." Things just didn't add up in his head, and he sat down and tried to make sense of it. How could she be the cause? Without an orange crystal, there was no way that she could have hurt him, and there was no way that Ariel did either, he saw that she didn't have one. But yet time after time again, he was told it was her. All this new information was... Confusing, and he didn't know of what to make of it.

I tried to calm down as I stared at the wall. Thou it was useless. My breathing would slow down and I still gritted my teeths. My face felt warm and my mind got a blurry. Then I herd the man speak. You don’t get it? How can you not get it? Was what I thougth. Thou I didn’t thinked about that he probably didn’t knew about my potions. The only one that did was after all Ariel. And those that she have told. But probably she haven’t told Hikoru that. If she even had told him anyting about that day. But it wasn’t my business so I didn’t bringed it up.

Still, none of these thougth crossed my mind in my current state. I spun around on the spot, much of my face got covered by my long black hair. I brushed most of it away with a quick sweep with my hand. I stared at him. Standing there and looked confused. My red eyes was burning as I stared into the ice-blue pair. For some time I only stood there, face to face with the first person to have ever attacked me physically.

I had calmed down a bit and relaxed in my jaw when I finally could get some words out of me. ‘’So, how long have you been together with Ariel? I don’t know how long but guess it was quite some time. And you honestly didn’t knew her good enough to know she wouldn’t do a thing like this? Be honest with yourself now Hikoru. Do you think there is any reason your girlfriend would have killed Lowenthal? Honestly.’’

Hikoru's head looked into her eyes, which seemed to be fueled with anger, fire from somewhere that he couldn't understand. Here he was trying to understand, get the facts straight, and yet he had done something to get her mad. Sometimes, even he, one of the smarter people he knew, wasn't able to comprehend everything a person may say or mean. He let out a small sigh and stood, scratching his chin as he thought. He had gone out with Ariel for awhile, and he knew that she had always been a bit mad about that cape that Lowe had gotten from the boss. He thought more, but that was about it. Even now the girl had the cape, something she was proud of having. She had also gotten the drop from Mothra, so she had both armor and a weapon that were demonic. It ticked him off a bit, and he knew he needed to get him some demonic armor as well

"As far as I can remember." He said after a few moments. "All Lowe did was get the last kill at a boss raid, that Ariel felt she had deserved. I wasn't there to witness it, but I remember it well." He sighed remembering how she went on and on about it at one point. But that seemed like a valid reason to hate a person, let alone kill someone. The only way that she could have killed from that much anger is... He looked at Zandra. "Wait... Your an Alchemist, I forget. Did you make some sort of emotion triggered potion or something of the sorts?"

It seemed like Hikoru had understood what I have done. Why it was my fault that Ariel did what she did. That it was my fault that Lowenthal was dead. That also meant it was my fault that the man infront of me and Ariel had broke up. My own fault so many of my relationships had broken as well. My anger started to calm down, thou I still breathed heavier then normal. I felt a little dizzy and my anger-attack. So much have happened today already. These last months have been so calm, and so lonely. This was on way to be to much for me. To my relief, the couch was right beside me and I half sat, half fell down into it. Leaned back on the sofas backrest. I closed my eyes.

So now, it was reality. Up until now, I had just pressed it down, telling myself it wasn’t me. After sitting there all silent for a minute or two, I slowly turned my head to look at Hik. I gulped before I started to speak. ‘’Yes Hikoru. Im an alchemist. And I don’t wanna brag, but Im a darn good one as well. Thou, this thing started way earlier then when I grandmastered alchemy.’’ Was I really going to tell him? I had only said it to two persons before. And that was because they was victims to my actions. I looked at him a few seconds before I turned my head away. ‘’Well it dosent matter. You just gonna think Im silly. The thing is. I made potions that had effect on your mind. I kinda hacked the system. Thou I kept these experiments to myself since I didn’t wanted it to spread to the other players. I didn’t do it only for fun, but also to find a cure to…’’ I stopped in the sentence a few moments. ‘’…a thing. In some way, Ariel found out and.’’ Another pause. ‘’I made her some anger potions. To enchant your emotions and remove thougths that would block your actions.’’

Hikoru listened intently, learning that she was a good Alchemist. He ignored the fact that she talked about experiments and focused on the fact that she gave anger potions to Ariel. Even though she thought it was her fault, she was only a producer to the consumer. She couldn't control what happened when she gave the potions. How could she know that this would be the cause? He just shook his hand and placed a hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort.

"I know you may blame yourself, but it's not as if you knew that this is how things would end up. You were playing the role of shop keeper. She asked for an order, and you supplied. You didn't know everything that was happening. And even if you did, I know it's hard to say no to a friend..." He said, and gave a sigh "I don't... I don't blame you for what happened. You, in my eyes, are innocent. And that will not change." He said, and gave a small, warming smile.

(OOC: Phone posts until further notice ;-; )

I looked at Hikoru and shaked my head as I listened to his reply to my confession. I looked at his hand as he tried to… make me feel better? I raised an eyebrow and looked at the man. ‘’Hikoru. Why? Here I gave you a great opportunity to blame everything on me and stop hating the woman we… ehm… the woman you love. You would have an excuse to forgive her and you two would be a lovey dovey couple again and everyone would live happily ever after.’’ I paused and looked him in the eyes. I couldn’t see any lies or deceptions in them. He said I was innocent in his eyes, and it did looked like it. I moved closer to him in the couch, now sitting right beside him. I felt my eyes get wet so I closed them, the master of shadows disappearing from my field of view. I sniffled and bit my lower lip. After a few seconds I opened my mouth, ‘’Are you serious? Am I really innocent in your eyes?’’ I opened my shining crimson and looked at him. He did said it earlier. But I wanted to be sure.

Hikoru listened as he shook his head. Although yes, he could blame her, it wouldn't hide the fact that Ariel had still killed his mentor. That was something that he couldn't shift the blame of. And how she had turned out now, it wasn't the Ari he knew, and it was an Ari he didn't want to get to know. She sat beside him and he felt a small tinge of a blush forming on his cheeks. She seemed adorable, innocent, hurt as she closed her eyes, starting to cry and showing emotions that he had never seen her show before. She seemed... Hurt? He couldn't tell. She asked him if she was really innocent, and he took a moment and nodded once more.

"You never did anything wrong... And I can't blame you..." He said with a small chuckle and his blush growing slowly until it reached his ears. He avoided eye contact and looked down. "Sorry, I'm not the best at these sort of predicaments..." He said. "I.... Sorta...." An image of Jomei flashed in his eyes, and he shook his head. "I sorta.... Enjoy, having you around..." He said, avoiding what he was just going to say.