[F1-PP] <<Secret Medicine Of The Forest>> Gryas, Zanne & Stryder

Spoiler

On the first floor, player are given a quest that introduces them to 'Field Bosses'. The quest states that a small village is in need of a medicine, <Little Nepent's Ovule>, which is dropped by a special variant of the mob, Nepent. The players who partake in the quest, must slay normal Nepents until a 'Variant Nepent' spawns. The Nepents spawn in the wooded area on floor 1.

The nepents stand at around a meter and a half tall. Its lower body consists mostly of countless roots that it uses to move around. It has two arm-like vines with pointed leaves attached to either side of its body, just above the roots. The center of its head holds a wide red mouth with viscous liquids dribbling out of it as it opens and shuts.

The variant has a red bulb on top of it's 'head' which reveals to be a giant red flower. Or it's decorated with fruit. Either way, it's the same as its counterpart in shape, size, and strength.

Completion Requirements:

- 20 Posts Minimum.
-Must defeat 2 Nepents per player.
- Nepent Variant must be defeated.

Nepent Information:

HP: 7
Mitigation: 0
Damage: 3

2 Nepents spawn for each player in the participating party.

Nepent Variant Information:
Nepent Variant is a Quest Boss and has the following statistics:

HP: 15
Mitigation: 5
Damage: 10
Nepent Variant ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 10

Drops the quest item <Nepent's Ovule> on an LD roll of 18-20, failure will have you fight the normal Nepents again until another Variant spawns.

Rewards:

Anneal Blade: A Sword that has the enchantment '+1 Damage' (Sword has 1 base, and 1 extra damage)
1 Skill Point

Parties or Groups of low level players are advised.
Recommended Level: 5

The forest was still very dense as they made their way down the narrow game trial. "I am sure that this path leads to the town of Horunka, that's what the map that the Rat had sold us back in the Town of Beginnings." Gryas said over his shoulder to Zanne. The trees looked dark and ominous at times, and there were plants in this region that seemed quite dangerous. The trees began to thin slightly and through them Gryas swore he could see a thin line of smoke that appeared to be coming from a chimney. "Hey Zanne! I think we finally made it!" Gryas said with a breath of relief as they finally broke through the last line of trees. The view before him was quaint. There were only 10 buildings inside this town, the Inn had a homely simple look to it and a welcoming trail of smoke coming from the small chimney at the top. "I know that the Rat said to go check out the two story building over there I think it might be best to go check out the Inn. The travel was tougher then we thought" Gryas could finally relax now that they were out of the danger, he was looking forward to putting his feet up and relaxing for a time in the Inn.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Oh woooow! This town is so cute!" Zanne said excitedly as she brushed past Gryas and walked into the town. Zanne really didn't mind the travel, the forest was actually quite beautiful but you cant find any kind of comforts in the Town of Beginnings. The Inns and taverns are simple and cramped, sure some of the stores had some nice things but they all cost Col and Gryas and she had spent all their money on food, rent and a map that they purchased from another player. She went by the name Rat and said she was an informant, but she seemed to have good intent and happy to help other players even if she had to qualms about taking the last of their Col. "You know what Gryas,relaxing in the Inn for a bit is the best idea I have heard all day! Do you think the Inn has a bath? I would love one travelling through after that forest!" With a cheerful bounce in her step she lead the way towards the in and gracefully stepped in through the door.

Edited by Zanne

Sky groaned as he sat outside the inn, lots and LOTS of noise beckoning out from it. He was tired.... He had spent half the night fighting mobs that had decided to get just a little to close to the road to his store on the second floor. Not something pleasant. He hated it, but he couldn't help it, it was part of his job to make sure that the roads were clear to his store, otherwise how would people get there? Though he had an alterior motive. He had been trying to find his mentor Atzo. That guy was the one who had set him a life goal, one he was keeping and not dropping... But.... His friend had vanished. He had been trying to find him, as well as Lady Oliva... but he had no luck at all...

I wonder where atzo is... I hope he is okay... Lady Oliva to.... She is so shy, i hope she hasn't died....

ID# 84409 results:

Loot: 6 - No mat found

Zanne had already entered the Inn ahead of him but as Gryas approached the Inn he paused as something caught his eye. Even though the town itself was just a small one with only a few buildings the Inn itself was bustling at this time, and didn't seep to provide the quiet rest and relaxation that he was hoping. It was early afternoon and he could see a few NPC's moving between the buildings and milling around in the town, the thing that had caught his eye however was a player that was seated just outside of the Inn. Gryas was not sure what to make of him, the man was very well dressed and considering the fact that Gryas heard this town was more of a hub for hunters and the like he was expecting to see more players fully kitted out in weapons and armour. He was about to follow Zanne into the Inn when he decided instead to go up and introduce himself. Maybe he should try to be more sociable after all like Zanne keeps insisting. "Wasn't expecting to find many players all the way out here, that Inn sure seems bustling though! Anyway the names Gryas, what brings you out this way?"

Zanne slipped quietly into the Inn and looked around. It was bustling with noise and motion, both players and NPC's were scattered around the tables enjoying themselves, boasting about hunts they had just done or loot they had found. Moving past the tables some of the players called out to her asking her if she wanted a seat. With a smile she politely turned them down one by one as she moved her way to the bar. Pulling up a stool she leaned over and signaled the Inn keep over. The NPC made his way up the bar to her after he had finished serving some drinks to a small party of players at the other end. "What can I do for you young lady?" He asked. "Two rooms for tonight please and just some bread please!" She asked with a smile ready to accept the keys from the Inn keep. "OK dear that would be just 50 Col total!" A transaction window popped up and with a start Zanne had realized that it must be only in the Town of Beginnings that offers free board and basic food for the low level players. It seems that anyone who has made their way out here must have at least basic gear and some money to pay for things like this, and she had spend all of hers on travel expenses to get here!

Slightly embarrassed she quickly turned away mumbling something to the Inn keep about deciding to keep on moving instead and looked around for Gryas. He wasn't in the Inn so she decided to go outside and search for him. Looks like they will need to take this quest first after all before they could go and relax. Slipping out the door she could see him just off to the side, back to her. "Gryyyyyaaas they want us to pay at this Inn and..." As he turned slightly to look over his shoulder at her she noticed that they weren't alone, he was talking to another player! Well that's a first! She thought! Feeling slightly embarrassed and hoping this newcomer didn't piece together the reason why she was complaining about having to pay she walked up to him and with a smile and outstretched hand "Hello my name is Zanne, pleased to meet you! I hope I wasn't interrupting!"

ID# 84439 results: Loot: 3 (could not find anyone to buy her an afternoon snack)

Edited by Zanne

Sky's head pounded when he heard the voice, his sleep deprivation really hitting him, though he shook his head out, snapping himself out of it so that he could talk and react to him. But before he could do anything else, someone else came out, and he learnt both their names. The girl was called Zanne, a unique name. He hadn't really heard one like it before. Then their was Gryas, a guy who had pretty much snapped him out of his little daze. They seemed to be a little out of Col right now.

"Good'aye Zanne, Gryas. I'm Stryder, Rank one of the Emerald Harbingers Guild's recon division. As for what brought me out here....." His voice went from happy and cheerful to a depressed and upsetting tone. "I'v been looking for some friends of mine that went missing....." He said, sighing. He stood up, opening his menu and sending Zanne sixty Col, hoping it would pay for the inn.

"Here, take this. Its not safe to sleep out on the streets, player killers might kill you, even in a safezone they might find a way" He says, smiling at them.

Zanne paused, a trade window popped up on her screen and which she was hesitant to accept. What shocked her the most however was what he had said about player killers. Why would a player want to do something like that? The thought of it horrified her! And the Emerald Harbingers? Zanne didn't know much about the guilds but she did know that those that usually joined them usually fought on much higher levels and were quite strong! Even while all of this information was sinking in she was able to keep in control and held one of her convincing smiles.

Zanne had a knack of reading people, and the man she just met, Stryder, he just had a similar look on his face that Gryas had when they first met. Zanne had been working hard to help bring Gryas some joy to his live ever since and she decided that in payment for Stryder's kind deed she would do the same. Zanne click accept on the trade window as she brushed past Gryas. "Well that is very kind of you! As payment though maybe you could tell us the names of those people you were looking for! I could keep an eye out for them for you!" Zanne put on as reassuring voice as she could. She knew a level 1 that had never left the first floor probably wouldn't be much but she meant what she said.

Edited by Zanne

Gryas looked up at the sky and weighed his options. It was still early afternoon and his disposition changed to that of restless, even though they had already spent most of the day traveling and avoiding the mobs on the way here he began to feel a little confined by all this inactivity. He also was not too sure with what to make about this situation with the stranger they had just met, trust was usually a hard earned thing for Gryas and he didn't like the idea of being indebted to someone. "Thank's for the Col Stryder, are you going to be hanging around here for long? If so maybe we could repay you later this afternoon. We received a tip that there is a decent quest you can pick up in this village and that should be more then adequate." He hoped he wasn't coming of as rude, he never meant to but according to Zanne he could be rather short with people at times and he needed to work on that. 

Edited by Gryas

The first thing he noticed about the two was that the girl was cheerful and friendly. She instantly thanked him for his gift, and offered to repay him by keeping her eye out for his companions if he told her there names, though as he was untrusting, he was a little... uneasy about it, though he decided to anyway. He on the other-hand, seemed a little on edge. He seemed like he didn't want the help, and it did come off as a little rude, though he tried to push past it.

"Their names are Atzo, my guild master and probably one of the best friends i have got here, and Nashoba, a girl i helped find a pet... Both have been missing for awhile..." He said with a sigh. "And no need for any repayment, i make enough Col to spare an odd hundred. And i should be hanging around for awhile, which quest is it?" He asked, wondering if it was one he had done before. He doubted it, unlike most he had skipped many of the beginner quests and had hit higher leveled areas, with help of course, but he hadn't exactly done it the most safe way. 

Stryders words stung Gryas in a way that he hoped didn't show clearly on his face. He spent years in the real world struggling to deal with the loss of the person he loved most and it was only the shock of being trapped in this new world with new rules and boundaries that snapped Gryas out of it and he was able to try and move on. He new the pain of loosing someone, he knew what strength it took to move on. Gryas made a mental note of the names. Atzo. Nashoba. If he ever came across those names again he would make sure to seek out their whereabouts. Focusing now more on the second question Gryas gave up the information that he was told by the informant known as the Rat back in the Town of Beginnings. "We came here because we were told of a quest that as a reward it gave players a decent way to fight the oncoming struggles with. 'Look for the two story house, inside is an NPC that needs your help.' we were told. So here we are." Gryas was considering his options. He wasn't sure if he should ask this new player along for the quest, he wanted to prove to himself that he was able to do it on his own merit. It wasn't just his pride though that he had to protect... There was someone else that he needed to keep safe, and honestly he didn't know if he was strong enough yet to do so. "Well Stryder if you haven't done the quests in this area yet then your welcome to come along and join with us." It was tough for him to say, but he knew strategically it was a sound plan. Besides, he figured that in order to survive in this world one needed allies, and this young man had currently lost his. Gryas felt for his loss, and in the mean time would be happy to provide some companionship, even be it a brief one,

Zanne was actually quite proud of Gryas, she knew how much effort he would have put into being open like that, and to ask this new player along with them. She was happy for him to join of course, She wanted to expand and make new friends in this world. Zanne never had the opportunity growing up to have many friends. Her father moved them around too often to make any lasting friendships. Now that they were trapped in this world there was no moving around. No being left behind or leaving people behind. She could make friends on her own terms and she could be there for them and vice versa when needed. "We would be happy to have you along!" Zanne said. "Why don't we just head over to that two story building that we told the quest was available in?" Zanne began moving towards the house, hoping that the both of them would follow. Out of habit she had a quick look around. It never hurt to keep an eye out for useful materials. None were in view as they walked through the village towards the large story house and their next quest to be had.

ID# 84526: Loot: 4

Edited by Zanne

He had done a WHOLE heap of quests in this general area. It was a great place to farm XP while he was still a lowish level. Sure, he was high enough now that he could keep anyone alive on these floors, but compared to the strong players... He was fairly far behind them. He was only level thirteen, they were level fifty. He was still over thirty six levels away from being able to fight at there standard....

"Guess i can tag along, don't want you guys dying if this turns out to be dangerous" He said, using it as a way to boost himself back into a good mood. He loved helping people, even when he was in the dumps, he was alright if he managed to help someone. "You will both be safe if this quest has any fighting, but promise me not to join in the fights, i'm not watching anyone die!" He said, knowing it was a little out of the blue,  but he could tell these two were just out adventuring. He wasn't about to risk them getting hurt in a stupid fight. He got up, following Zanne towards the building they were heading towards, where this NPC was.

ID# 84527 results:

Loot: 5

Gryas followed behind the two of them towards the two story building. He was not necessarily content with letting someone do all the fighting for him. He also knew however that Zanne could be a bit reckless at times. If she jumped into the midst of danger again nothing would stop him from protecting her. He just hoped it wouldn't come to that. Entering the two story building he found an old woman who was fretting about a illness within the village. Gryas new that this was just an into to the quest so this Illness was not really a concern. He spoke with the old woman briefly an accepted the quest, opening up the party window and sharing it with Zanne. He also realized that they had not partied yet with this newcomer. Gryas sent Stryder a party invite.

After sharing the quest details with everyone else he decided that it was best to work out a plan of attack. This quest was very different from any he had done before. It required killing a bunch of different base level mobs for the area before the boss mob would appear. Of course this is standard in a lot of video games, he had seen this kind of thing before so it made sense to him. He just never had to actually do it in SAO before, and the rules here were vastly different, in a fatal kind of way.

As Gryas left the house he decided to have a quick look around for some different kind of flowers or herbs he could use for his new experiments. The front garden of this building had the basic snow lily's and varies different plants of this region, all of which he knew provided no alchemical properties. Getting ready for the adventure ahead he turned to Zanne. "The monsters we are about to fight are of a different level to what we are used to. Please promise me you wont charge into a battle that you cant win... I couldn't bare to loose you too." A darkness crossed his face. He banished it with a smile. "I will be there to keep you safe either way, just don't do anything rash again."

Zanne could be impulsive, she knew how to handle herself but he was still worried. Gryas moved up to Stryder and spoke a few quite words so that Zanne couldn't hear. "Don't worry about me, if things get serious, promise me you will keep her safe above all else."

ID# 84533 results:   Loot: 10

Edited by Gryas

Zanne entered the two story building and hung back a bit, looking around while Gryas went up and talked with the NPC. She could still hear their conversation So she knew what they had to do but she was just fascinated with the interior of the place. She would love to own a home like this one day. It had beautiful wooden furniture, large floor to ceiling cabinets with open glass fronts that displayed their contents, and a beautiful wooden staircase leading up to the second floor that she wanted to go up and explore as well but thought better to stay down here with her party. Zanne received the 'shared quest' pop up and quickly scanned over the requirements to make sure they didn't miss anything. Hmmm.. its suggested level was a little higher then she had expected. It was not too high, she imagined that between the the three of them they would be able to manage it. 

Zanne was still over by one of the cabinets examining its content through the glass when Gryas walked up to her and said a few words about staying out of danger. True, she was known for being reckless at times, and it has but the both of them in danger before. This quest though was different, if she got caught out it could prove fatal. Zanne gave him a half embarrassed smile. "Don't worry Gry, I will stay safe, and make sure that you are too!" Gryas could be a bit blunt sometimes, this was one of those times. Zanne however never felt offended by the way he said things, she knew everything he did was backed by well meaning and good intentions. Zanne headed back outside into the early afternoon sun and thought she would try her luck at finding something in the area as Gryas and Stryder were a bit slower to leave the building. Nothing caught her eye, which was to be expected considering if there were things lying about in the center of a village other players would surely have snatched them up themselves by now.

ID# 84563 results:   Loot: 6

Edited by Zanne

This guy had jus changed Sky's WHOLE opinion of him. The fact that he wanted him to keep her safe over anything else..... And he seemed Genuine. Although the words stood strong, Sky shook his head towards Gryas.

"I have not lost anyone yet, and i don't PLAN to lose anyone, so you stay the hell back to if stuff is out of your league, which this quest IS" Sky said to Gryas only. THis guy was like him in a way, wanting to protect others. The difference was...Unlike himself, this guy couldn't back it up just yet. He was going to keep both of them safe, he wasn't going to lose them like he lost Nashoba and Atzo, both had vanished on him, and he needed to find them.

Sky stayed silent after that, following Zanne and Gryas out of the building, into the streets. The sun was in the sky, warm and bright. He knew this wasn't going to be especially tricky or hard, for him, but he had these two along. He didn't know if he could trust them not to get themselves into a fight they couldn't win....

Gryas began to wonder if they should had just stuck with lower level quests. He didn't like feeling useless or helpless, especially if it involved defending himself or others. Heading out of the building and into the street he doubled checked all of his equipment. Glad that he had spent the time to prepare for this quest and making sure that he had plenty of HP potions he began strolling down the path towards the edge of town and the start of the forest. He began looking around for different kinds of mushrooms as they walked, he had been dabbling in alchemy lately and was interested in finding some different components he could experiment with. Unfortunately all he could see ware several different mushrooms and flowers that he had already come across and unfortunately have no useful alchemical properties. Deciding to keep an eye out for useful materials as they went Gryas remained cautious of their surroundings.

ID# 84571 results:  Loot: 11

Edited by Gryas

Zanne followed him out of town and began scanning the area for anything that was of interest, both mats as well as enemies lurking in the trees. Unfortunately she could not find any of the first option and luckily she also could not find any of the second. Waiting for the three of them to group she asked the two men "So do you think we have to go somewhere in particular to find the monsters or just anywhere in the area? I can't see any yet but it would make sense that they wouldn't be too close to the village." Zanne was interested to see what this Stryder could do in combat, she had not ever seen higher players fighting before and she hoped she could learn a thing or two from him. Still keeping an eye out for items and danger she was ready to head deeper into the forest.

ID# 84579 results:  Loot: 5

Edited by Zanne
Spoiler

Stryder 260/260 HP | 18/26 EP | 1EVA | 18MIT | 3ACC

Spoiler

ID# 84601 results:

Battle: 4+3 - 7 Hit

Agressive Twins - 11*2x1 - 22

Nepent Information:

Spoiler

ID# 84602 results: 

MOB: 4

Nepent Information:

Spoiler

ID# 84602 results:

Nepent Information:

Spoiler

ID# 84602 results:

Nepent Information:

Spoiler

ID# 84602 results:

Nepent Information:

Spoiler

ID# 84602 results:

Nepent Information:

Spoiler

ID# 84602 results:

HATE

Stryder - 1All

Sky shrugged at the question, having an eerie feeling, but trying to push it off, at least for now. He looked around, not fully knowing where they might be, as he hadn't done this quest before.

"I have no idea, can't be to far out, i mea-" He was cut off by the sound of something moving behind him. He was quick to react, quickly ducking as a vine went right over his head. He stood up, before seeing five more creatures!!! The monsters they had to kill!!! He was quick to run in, yelling "STAY BACK" 

He watched as the second fine came in, grabbing it and quickly doing a backflip as he heard one behind him, making the two vines get tangled as he dogged the second and third attack. He pulled them both in, and quickly used his Agressive Twins sword art, delivering lighting fast left and right jabs, and within two hits each exploded into thousands of pieces. He heard the sound of a whip, quickly turnign and catching the vine, his gloves strength boost giving him the strength to catch it no sweat, or damage. He pulled it in, using his sword art to take it out. He quickly dashed intowards the last two, sliding under their vines before noticing that one was near him. He used his art, taking it out instantly, but before he could do much else he saw two of them backing up a little, the only two survivors.

@Gryas @Zanne

Edited by Stryder
Spoiler

Gryas:  HP - 60,  EP - 5/6, Dam - 1,  Mit - 3

Nepent Information: (Targeted by Gryas)

HP: 6/7

ID# 84640 results:  Battle: 6 (Hit)

Nepent Information:

Gryas leapt into action. He had to move quick to avoid the backlash from one of the attacks that flew at Stryder. Dashing to the side and heeding Stryders words he began to retreat however made sure he still stayed between the monsters and Zanne, one of the remaining Nepent however moved faster then he expected and tried to cut him off. Drawing his new spear that he had received on lend from a blacksmith he had met the day before Gryas smiled thinking this was a perfect time to try it out! Gryas lunged and even though he had never wielded a spear before he managed to get inside the reach of one of the Nepent's and struck a glancing blow. Its HP bar went down slightly, it was still in the green which made sense, Gryas was built for defending, not attacking. Luckily for him however the Nepent had not recovered enough yet from its initial charge at Stryder to attack him back. And luckily Stryder seemed to be in complete control of the situation. "We will stay back here and make sure to stay out of danger, if you need me to help or retreat then give me the call, I will follow your lead!"

Edited by Gryas

Zanne watched as Stryder moved with swiftness and easily avoided attacks from all directions wiping out most of his attackers in short succession, it was quite impressive to watch. Confident in her team she darted forward, dagger in hand and determination in her eyes. She made sure to stay on the edge of the battlefield not wanting to get too close and risk any danger. The last thing she wanted was to worry her companions about her safety and distract them, possibly placing their lives in danger. She zipped in and out a few times to attack but her range with the dagger felt far to short compared to the vines of the Nepents. She hung back a little more, watching closely and biding her time for an opening. These ones did not seem too threatening but she was still mindful to keep an eye out for stronger Nepents that she would definitely need to avoid. She double checked her inventory and made sure that her health pots were readily available if the need arrived. 

Zanne: HP 60/60     Energy 5/6      ID# 84642 results:   Battle: 2

Nepent Information:

HP: 6/7

Nepent Information:

Edited by Zanne