F1-PP) Sellin Wares (Earning a Living)

Sky yawned as he once again fell down in the town of beginnings, in the biggest park. He was sitting in a tree, relaxing and just having a break from fighting mobs and other creatures, as well as trying to search for his companions. He hadn't found any traces of them, and he had been searching for ages, he needed something to take his mind off everything. 

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS!!!" He yelled at the top of his lungs, begging the world to hear him and bring them back. He wanted them back so bad!!! He hadn't seen Olivia.... Or Atzo in what felt like months.... In reality it had only been about a month. He wasn't high enough leveled yet to search the higher floors, where they might have ventured. He was willing to die to save either of them, though..... He knew that if he did die they would kill him, so he wasn't about to risk it.

Please let you be safe..... Atzo please be alive.... 

@Zanne

Zanne was int the Town of Beginnings enjoying the breeze as she relaxed, taking a nap under one of the tree's in the park near the Inn she usually stayed at. She knew the rumors about sleep PK'ers, but she just felt safe in this town, and this was one of her favorite spots. Not too far away she hear some one call out. Well she thought she did, she could have dreamt it but something told her to get up and go investigate. There some something oddly familiar to it after all. passing through the trees and avoiding the paths  she moved along to where she could have sworn she heard the noise from but there was no one to be seen. With a shrug she discarded her curiosity as a figment of her imagination and settled down under the closest tree, closing her eyes and once again enjoying the breeze. She decided to be lazy today, Gryas was off on some errand involving but it was a bit too sciencey for her liking so she made him promise he would stay safe she left him to his own for the day. Mmmmm that breeze truly was nice, she had a smile on her face as she began to doze once more. 

Sky was daydreaming. He had found his friends, he was hitting Atzo over the head with a angry shout, he was pissed that he had left him on his own for this long. But he knew he couldn't do anything about it. Lady Olivia was there, she was with her cute white Fox he had helped her find. Woke up suddenly, blushing like crazy before falling out of the tree!!! He shouted, desperately trying to grab onto a tree but failing!!! He was trying to catch on, TRYING to not fall, but he failed. He thought about how much this would have hurt in the real world, before suddenly he crashed into someone.... He rolled off, swearing under his breath as he sat up, looking to see who had had fallen on.... ONLY to see a girl!!! Zanne was her name, at least if he remembered right. He blushed even more, quickly standing up and offering a hand.

"I'm so sorry!!!"

Something crashed into Zanne from above and the full weight of the person on her had knocked the breath from her. Instincts kicked in and the person tucked and rolled to the side she went the other way, rolling to her feet and began drawing her dagger. "I'm so sorry!" He called out. Zanne hesitated a moment, returning her dagger to its sheath and standing up straight from her half crouch. She thought she recognized the young man who was standing opposite her, bright red face and well made suit. Stryder was his name. Pulse still racing from the surprise but starting to normalize, Zanne relaxed a bit more and managed a casual response with her ever-present smile. "Its ok, Stryder isn't? Been a while! So, I have to know... What exactly were you doing up there? You weren't spying on me were you!" That was a playful jab rather then an accusation. She was just surprised that she hadn't noticed him up there, she was usually fairly perceptive.

Sky was on edge when he saw her hand on the knife, he was quick to have his arms raised, but they were in a safe zone.... He lowered his fists, watching as she put her dagger back where it belonged. In its sheathe, where its edge wasn't going to start any troubles. He had felt somehting jab into his back when he landed on the ground after hitting her, but noticed nothing there.

He blushed when she asked what he had been doing. It was a hobby of his, napping in tree's. Not everyone liked to climb them, and even less players looked up there, as shown right now.

"I wasn't spying, more like napping" He said, a little laugh in his voice to make light of the accident. Neither of them had been hurt, so there was no real issue with anything. If one of them had been hurt, the situation might ahve gotten a little moooorre... Uncomfortable, still, it was nice bumping into someone.

ID# 84572 results:

Loot: 8

Zanne laughed softly. "I can think of many better places to fall asleep! Particularly ones that don't have the risk of falling on poor defenseless young women!" Zanne said with a smile, wondering what he was doing back on the first floor. Zanne couldn't imagine spending more time in the Town of Beginnings then she needed, once she was strong enough to survive on the upper floors she intended to do the best she could on moving forward not backwards. She wondered what it was she was doing today as well, she figured she could spend the entire day just lounging around but that seemed like a bit of a waste of her time at the moment. The surprise that she received a moment before has also sparked her into action and she wanted to do something productive now. She had a think of what first level quests she had been told about and recalled one that was in her log book about learning a trade, she hadn't bothered doing it up until now but decided that it didn't actually sound like a bad way to spend the day. And if Stryder had time to laze around napping in a park as well maybe he wouldn't mind keeping her company. "Hey Stryder, if you don't have anything planned for today would you like to accompany me on a few errands?"

Sky laughed a tiny bit also, knowing she was right about it. Though he was thinking of saying a comeback like 'You could have looked first', or something witty, but everything he thought of just sounded... Weird and cruel, so he kept it in. Thinking about his day, he wondered what he had planned. He had come to the first floor in order to see if he could meet anyone else leaving the town, but he had run into this young woman again, and she had just asked him to accompany her... He was mentally racking up ways to get out of it, knowing she was going to make him carry stuff, but he fell on her, and if he refused...

"My days clear, sure why not" He replied, giving her a half real, half fake smile that said i'm happy to help, but your gonna make me carry stuff....

A slight twinkle could be seen in Zanne's eyes and she could read that look on his face like an open book. To be honest though she had no idea what this quest entailed. It said to seek out an NPC willing to teach you their trade. She had thrown the idea around her head quite a bit trying to work out what she wanted to make a living out of, she had always liked shopping and she just couldn't move past the idea of being a merchant. Besides it gave her the ability to stock up on wares at base price that she could distribute to her friends to help keep them safe. Plus people would bring her interesting new items all the time for her to identify, that would be cool! "Well first of I was thinking of taking up a quest called Earning a Living. Do you know of any merchant NPC's near by that take on apprentices?" Zanne asked Stryder, hoping that he had some more information on the quest and knew what to do. The idea of owning her own little shop was appealing to her as well, she wouldn't want to make it on this floor though, so she would probably wait till she explored some other floors before she decided to set up a shop of her own.

He knew the quest, having done it once or twice himself. It was a great meeting quest, it having such a low, well, nonexistent really, risk, meant that any one could do it and be one hundred percent fine, meaning he didn't have to go agro guardian unless this gal wanted to fight some mobs... In which case something might need to be done about it. He thought hard, wondering about them. He honestly didn't know, but he knew where to look.

"Maybe in the market square, there might be a merchant" He replied, hoping he wasn't giving false infomation. He wanted to get better at helping others, and the only way to do it was through experience.

"Il lead the way" He said, smiling as he started heading towards the market square. He didn't come here very much, he was ALWAYS on the first floor, but rarely did he actually stop and look around. He was normally out hunting or meeting people, so this was one of his first times to actually relax and check around.

"OK! Sounds like a good idea!" Zanne said, falling in toe with Stryder. If merchants would be anywhere it would make sense to find them in the market square. It wasn't too far to the square, this park was only a few blocks from the outskirts of it so it didn't take long to reach the end of the park and cross the few streets for them to begin seeing the hustle and bustle of the square unfold in front of them. While they walked Zanne made some small talk, asking Stryder a couple of questions while they walked. "So what have you been up to since last we met? Have you had any luck finding those friends of yours?" Zanne hoped she didn't cross the line with that second question and regretted asking it the moment she finished saying it. She gave him the most reassuring smile she could manage and hoped that the answer was a yes. 

Sky was a little surprised with how giddy she was, but he couldn't help but feel his spirits lifted by her joy. He walked with her the few blocks towards the Market Square. He was laughing happily, even after he heard the two questions.

"Well Iv been trying to level, haven't had much luck with that just yet, and no, not yet. I haven't heard anything, good or bad. If they had died rumors would have gone around by now, Atzo was a well known player" He said, keeping on the up high. He wanted to stay that way, he wasn't going to go down as long as he could help it. He wanted to find his friends, but if he found them and they found out how he had been, they would be pissed with him.

It was a big area which had a large variety of different merchants and NPC's walking around. Sky looked around, finding what looked like a merchant. 

"Over there?"

Zanne was relieved that she hadn't offended him as they entered the market square. "Yeah that looks good! Lets go and have a chat with them!" Zanne made her was past several stores until she had reached a wooden stand with a velvet cloth above it for shade. Standing there was a friendly looking older woman with graying hair and simple clothing. In front of here were various goods up for sale, from health potions to basic equipment. "Hello there! I am interested in becoming a merchant and I was hoping you could give me some assistance and advise in how to begin!" Zanne said to the woman. "Ah a fellow citizen with a passion for buying and selling eh? Of course I could show you a thing or two! Do you have a guide book with you dear?" The old lady asked and Zanne nodded. "Alright then let me just add some information to it to help you out! Read through the guide book and it will explain to you how to buy and sell, and all the other little bits of information you need. The first thing you should do is find some equipment to sell or you could perhaps find something to identify, either from another player in need of the service or something you own or find yourself!" The old woman said. That seemed to be all the information she could get from her as she just repeated the same information when asked. Zanne turned to Stryder and shrugged. "Well that sounds easy enough! Any ideas where to start?" She had never found anything that needed to be identified before and honestly didn't know where to look.

Sky followed her, smiling as she seemed all energetic and all to look and maybe get a profession!!! Once they got the little wooden stand, he looked around, noticing it was a NPC merchant. He didn't see to many of these, mainly because he had prefered player merchants he stopped in for when he needed to buy stuff. He listened in, his face going a little bit grim as he listened to it. She had to IDENTIFY AN ITEM??? He didn't know what that meant fully, before realizing, the new patch that was slowly being implemented by the Cardinal system. He swore, loudly, knowing what it was now. He had to go kill a bunch of strong monsters to get an item drop for her to evaluate....

"God damn it.... I know exactly what to do..... Were going to need to go fight some very strong monsters...... I'm sorry, but this isn't going to be easy. To get the items you need we need to go kill loot mobs, and beg one drops an item" He said, sighing. Since he was there, they had to fight HIS equal for a loot standard monster.... meaning this wasn't going to be easy for his companion.

"Oh.." Zanne's face dropped slightly but she quickly perked up with another smile. She felt a bit guilty in asking him for this kind of assistance, she thought she would have to just find materials like you could get away with for most professions. It seemed however that becoming a merchant was a bit more difficult considering they did not make anything and had to rely on identifying, buying and selling wares. "Is that going to be OK?" Zanne asked. "I am sure I will be able to manage this on my own if you think mobs your level will be too dangerous!" Zanne had fought a loot level mob before, they seem to scale with the players own strength and even though she hadn't really seen what Stryder's full combat potential before she knew that he was still far stronger then she was. Even though Zanne felt she was asking a lot from him to help in this quest she was glad that he had decided to come along even just this far anyway. Besides, he did fall on me! She wasn't really offended by that, but in him helping her now fair is fair. Zanne grinned at Stryder a he stood there looking a bit uncomfortable at the idea of having to fight just strong monsters with someone who really had no place in combat against them.

Sky noticed her face, her being slightly upset, but perking up, though it was to late. Her face dropping was all he needed to see to further confirm what he already was going to do, help her do this quest. He shook his head at her, he was going to do this weather it was dangerous or not.

"I'l stick with ya, i'm not about to let you go and fight strong monsters on your own... But since i'm here, they will scale to my level, not yours, so i need you to promise me, STAY OUT of the fight. I don't care if you think you can help, i'm not about to watch you die at your level" He said, his stare going serious, his normal carefree attitude switching away. He hadn't lost anyone yet, and he didn't plan to, especially not those he was helping out.

"I can fight two at once, so i'l be fine" He said, telling her that he was in no danger himself. He didn't mind if she decided to pick on her own monsters, but his fight was to dangerous for her, he wasn't about to let her die like this.

Still with a smile on her face Zanne give Stryder a single firm NOD that she understood and do as he had asked. She wasn't about to go risking her life for no reason, she would however jump in to give him a health potion if he looked worse for ware. "So what kind of mobs do you want to fight? Something tells me that there wont be any boars that strong on the first level!" Zanne had never left the first floor or ventured into the more dangerous parts of this one for that matter. She figured even if she couldn't fight she could study the way he did and maybe learn a thing or two. Besides there is usually different kinds of materials you can find safely without having to fight monsters to get. Well either way she was happy to follow his lead and trust that he knew what he was doing.

Sky was glad that was cleared up, and his carefreeness came back. She had promised him that she would stay safe, meaning that he didn't need to worry to much. He thought for a moment, before thinking about the third floor, that seemed to be where his monsters lived.

"I believe we will need to head to the third floor" He said, thinking hard. He had been there a few times, but hadn't done to much. He thought about it, wolves, lots of wolves. That was what he had seen up there, so he knew to be prepared for having to deal with fangs.

"How are you about killing wolf packs?" He asked, knowing that was what was about to come. He started to walk over towards the warp gate, ready to head up to the floor. He didn't want to leave the first floor, sure, she had leveled and was at least level three meaing she could take a hit from one of the ones he had to fight... But still, it wasn't going to be an easy mission. He was ready though, ready to keep them both safe.

Zanne was thinking maybe the second floor would have monsters strong enough... But the third? She had always figured she would make her way up the floors one at a time, making herself stronger for the next one before proceeding. Even though it was still only the third floor the idea of skipping one was both exciting and a bit daunting. She gave Stryder another single nod. She was ready.

"OK! Lets do this!" She said as she followed him in the direction towards warp gate. She didn't know what to expect from the third floor other then the fact that there appeared to be plenty of wolves. She wondered what kind of floor it was, she had heard people talk about how each of the different floors had completely different biomes. Checking her guide book on information on the third level she saw that it seemed to be fairly similar to that of the first floor. She was a bit disappointing that it wasn't going to be a winter wonderland filled with arctic wolves and giant frozen lakes she was still in high spirits. This would be quite the tale to tell once she got back to the first floor!

Sky led the way to the warp gate, hoping he wasn't making a mistake by bringing her up here... He hoped she was ready for this, he honestly didn't know if she was, but he really hoped she was. Once there he sighed, looking at his partner, he had been taking on a lot of... Well not apprentices, but a lot of newbies on to train, and honestly, a lot of them didn't seem like they wanted it. It was sort of rough, and he hoped that he wasn't annoying her by making her do this with him... 

"See you on the third floor" He said, before saying the name of the main town and warping up there. Once he warped, he cracked his neck, stepping off the platform and turning, waiting for her to come through. He had good memories of this floor, Atzo had come to his rescue here once after he had almost gotten a guild member killed, that was when he had realized that he needed to be stronger.... Since then he had never even closely lost someone, he didn't plan to let that start now.

Stryder disappeared before her and Zanne stepped up onto the platform to teleport as well. She had seen this done before, knew how to do it, but this was actually her first time using the warp gate. "Teleport, DELILAH!" Zanne called out, quite possible far louder then  she had intended and louder then she needed. The vision of everything around her warped and before she knew it she had 'landed' somewhere completely different. Looking around she saw Stryder standing there, waiting for her to arrive. The town was so different to that of the Town of Beginnings, wattle and daub buildings with thatch roofs littering the streets gave her the impression that this town was plucked right out from medieval Europe. The town was much smaller then that of the town of beginnings as well, and far more colorful. It was beautiful! Just the view of the town itself and the colorful fields surrounding made this trip well worth it all on its own. 

Edited by Zanne