[F1-PP] To Produce a Potion <Earning a Living> (COMPLETE!)

Spoiler

<<Earning a Living>>

This quest takes place on Floor 1
This quest is repeatable
This RP will not count in the benchmark

Description: Every player, to survive in this death game, must make some form of Col. For some, they just hunt mobs. For others, they may earn a living and take up a profession. may meet During your search for a profession you meet a friendly NPC who will train you with your profession. You will have to material hunt and craft your item, or receive a free basic item from the NPC (such as an instrument or fishing rod for performers or fishermen.) Profession options and guides can be found here. Each profession's enhancements guide can be found here.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)

-RP can be PP or SP

-You may have assistance, however only one player may gain their profession and the materials rolled for at the end by a Moderator

-Repeatable for Materials only

Rewards:

A title relating to your profession
The ability to open up a shop in the 'Merchants and Shops' section.
1 extra Skill Point
Extra materials (rolled by Moderator whether GM or PST with Loot Die upon topic completion)

Recommended Level: 2

Gryas woke up earlier then usual today, he had decided to have a crack at learning a profession. The actual quest for it had been sitting in his quest log for weeks now but he didn't take it seriously enough until recently when he realised just how damn expensive potions could be. A tank should always have some healing handy and if he wanted to survive he thought it would be a good idea to make sure that he could keep himself stocked up. Besides, study and research always came naturally to him, he spent years in the real world doing one experiment or the other and figured that this would not be all that different. We'll except for the fact that his life would literally depend on the things that he produced! Gryas equipped his armour and sword as he walked out of his small cramped room in the Inn and made his was down stairs. Not many players were about this early, it was an hour before sunrise and Gryas wanted to get to where he was going before the streets started to pick up. He moved out onto the streets and began heading north. The day before he had scouted out a few different stores and the one he marked on his map was a workshop all the way to the North almost directly under the wall itself. It seemed to be out of the way enough to not attract much attention which suited Gryas just fine. He began a brisk walk down the street eager to get his studies underway.

@Vigilon

Edited by Gryas

Vigilon woke up with Veriost, his small white frost dragon, sleeping on his chest, near his head. He got up, he helped Veriost up his shoulder, at which she yawned and promptly went back to sleep. "Easy for you to just fall back to sleep, I'm lucky if I can get another second or two before I can't sleep again for the rest of the day..." He had been couch,-er, no, "Bench"-crashing the past few nights, and had been losing sleep at times. He began walking, and stopped to see if there were any materials, since the area seemed mostly clear, giving him a chance like an early bird would.

Let's roll, shall we!?

He was an early bird, all right, but there seemed to be nothing around. "Must be the current lighting, I guess." He continued to walk around, and he soon saw a player in starter gear, heading north. He walked over to him and said, "Need some help?"

@Gryas

ID# 84484 LD: 14(Failed)

Gryas was surprised to find another player out on the streets this early, looks like his olan to avoid social interactions had failed. It made sense though, when there are hundreds of people about no one woul take notice of a single figther walking the streets but in thd pre morning darkness he must stand out like a lone tree on a hill. It was too early for this... too early to be sociable... he had trouble doing that of the best of times, usually relying on Zanne to break the ice and smooth things over.

Gryas turned towards the stranger and gave him a friendly nod and "Good morning." Gryas inspected the man, not sure what his intentions were. He tried his best to keep his suspicions hidden on his face, he wasnt sure how well me managed that tho. "No help required neighbor, I'm merely on my way to a store before things get busy." Gryas replied, making an effort to turn and continue on his path. Hopefully this other player took that as a subtle hint that he didnt want to be disturbed. 

Edited by Gryas

Vigilon couldn't help but be a little curious as to why the current response, as well as feel suspicious when the player looked at him as if inspecting him, or, hopefully not, sizing him up. Vigilon laid down on the nearest bench, his eyes watching the player carefully. Veriost tried to lay down and sleep on his chest again, but he nudged her, whispering, "I need to see, Veriost. I want answers, so I'll get them secretly and stay hidden unless otherwise." Veriost looked at Vigilon as if she was genuinely confused. She gave off a "Hfff," and began flying towards Gryas. "Well this is just perfect," Vigilon got up and ran after her, hoping to keep Veriost from doing whatever she was about to do. "Hey, hey, HEY! Veriost! Come back here!" Veriost looked back at Vigilon in mid-flight, made a sound that might have been a scoff, and began circling the player from above.

@Gryas

Gryas paused again and watched as a small frost drake began to circle overhead. He had heard of people being able to bond with such creatures but he had never before seen one. It was a curious little thing, and Gryas couldn't tell what its intent was circling above him. Looking over to Vigilon he was intrigued in the creature, and wanted to learn more about it. "Thats a beautiful companion you have there. Veriost is its name?" Gryas tentively held out his arm for the creature, not too sure what he was doing or why. "How long have you two been bonded?" He asked Vigilon. 

Zanne was always pushing him to be more sociable, but Gryas was just cautious about letting people close. The thought of loosing somone else was.. No he wouldnt let his mind wander there again. Gryas checked his inventory and found what he was lookimg for. He had dried rations that he always kept in reserve if he was outside of town for an extended period and did not bring any food. Selecting some cured meat he held it up offering it to the white frost dragon overhead.

Edited by Gryas

When Gryas looked at Vigilon, seeming to be intrigued by Veriost, and began asking about her, Vigilon thought before he responded. "Yup, his name is Veriost. We met at floor 4, but it was only because I was dared to search there. I recommend searching on whichever floor you are able to survive in, should you want a familiar yourself. It's been about...maybe a few days, or maybe a week. It's a bit hard trying to count the days without a calendar or something. I'm currently trying to understand him through the expressions he makes, but there could be more to him than I originally thought." Veriost saw Gryas pull out some cured meat, and she came down, sniffed the meat, took a nibble or two, and then she took a chunk out, spat it out, blasted some ice-cold breath at it, and dug in afterwards. "Yeah, he's...kind of a picky eater. He apparently dislikes warm food." When Veriost finished the cured(and also chilled) meat, she settled down on Gryas's shoulder, and looked at Vigilon. "Grrmmm..." "Well, Veriost seems to trust you, if not like you and consider you a friend."

@Gryas

That's Interesting.. Gryas thought to himself. The little frost dragon did not seem all that timid. In fact out of the three of them she seemed the most open to the company. This made Gryas smile, it seemed a little silly sometimes how players can be so paranoid about what is around then yet an creature like this one is so ready to trust someone she just met. Thank kind of innocence was dangerous in this world. Luckily for these two they had naught to worry about in regards to Gryas. "Well she does have a cleverness to her eyes, I would definaely say that she is not just a simple creature like the rest of those found in this world. As much though as I am enjoying this conversation, I do have somewhwere I wanted to be before the sun came up. You are welcome to walk with me for a ways if you like. You might find what I have planned for the day a tad boring however, I intend to learn how to do alchemy today." Gryas was surprised at himself for how easy it was to say that. This little creature perched up on his shoulder seemed to disarm him and made him feel more comfortable about being social. He rather liked the little Frost Dragon named Veriost.

"She? He seriously thinks Veriost is a girl?" Vigilon thought, oblivious to the fact that she was a girl. "Um...I think you mean he." He listened to the rest of what Gryas had to say. "Ah, so you want to be an alchemist, then. I'd rather be a blacksmith myself, but every profession is important. I think I know of a place here in Floor 1 where we can find materials without worrying about monsters. I've been exploring the first floor for a few days, and I remember finding an area outside the safe zone where monsters won't spawn, but it had plenty of materials to find. Last time I checked, it was behind the hills that are southeast of the Town of Beginnings. Perhaps we could gather the materials you will need there." Veriost jumped back on Vigilon's shoulder, and grinned at Gryas. "Well, if Veriost trusts him, I guess I might... Either way, I guess I might be doing more today than I thought."

@Gryas

OOC: Note, I will be practicing the rules that follow the latest patch update starting now, so that I don't have to worry about changing anything suddenly once the strong players finish the current floor boss and the patch applies.

"Oh, my mistake..." Gryas replied, he could have sworn that Veriost was female by thr way the little Frost Dragon reacted and there was a look about the eyes... but he must have been mistaken. Gryas was familiar with the area that Vigilon spoke of, he had searched around that area with his friend while doing an earlier quest. "That area should suit our purpose well. I know there are baors in that area however they are passive so they wont attack unless provoked. Well lets head to the alchemist first so I can proceed with the quest." Gryas said, making his way down the road once more, this time with a traveling companion. Gryas did his best at small talk as they walked but it didnt come easy to him, and he was glad when they finally arived at the alchemists. Gryas entered the building and looked around. It was a very simple store and workshop combination. Just the one room with a counter that had a glass top and items inside at the front and behind it was the workshop where everything was made. Tinkering with a potions rack was an old man who had a once well made robe on that was stained in various places and bleached white in others. "Greetings sir, have you got a moment to give me some assistance?" Gryas asked the old man, who turned towards them with a big smile and nodded his head in reply. "Of course I do! Now what can I be of assistance for? Hmmm some Health Potions? Or maybe a Crystal?" The old man guessed. "Well actually, I was hoping you could show me the basics of alchemy, I would like to take it on as a trade" Gryas responded and the old man seemed genuinely happy at the request. "Oh I haven't had an apprentice in years! I would be overjoyed to teach you the basics! Here take these first!" He said as he removed a mortar and pestle from under the counter and a small guide book that had the title 'The Arts of Alchemy'. Adding all the items into his inventory he listed to the basic methods and what he needed to do from the old man. The basics of it were: Find materials, and try combining them in the mortar and pestle. Gryas intended to read every word of the guide book on their way to the gathering grounds but he felt he had held up Vigilon long enough inside this store. "Sorry that took so long, so, ready to go?" Gryas asked him after thanking the old man for the instructions.

Edited by Gryas

Vigilon wasn't bothered by having to wait, nor was Veriost. Heck, as soon as she laid down on Vigilon's chest she was practically snoring. "Easy for you, of course." He tried to rest for a moment, but he didn't get any kind of sleep or rest at all. When Gryas came out of the building, Veriost yawned and soared into the air, and landed on Vigilon's shoulder once he got up. "I'm ready. There shouldn't be too much trouble if something happens." Veriost was fully rested, so instead of falling asleep again like she normally did, she grinned and began playfully gnawing on Vigilon's ear. "Ah, um, okay, Veriost, I uh, don't think doing that is going to help at the moment." Veriost then stared at Vigilon right in the eyes, for about four minutes. "Grmmmm......" Vigilon had to think carefully about what he should say. "Ah, Veriost, is there a reason you're staring at me like that? You really haven't done this at all until now."

@Gryas

Edited by Vigilon

Gryas headed off down the street towards the Southern Gate. "So south-east of the Town of Beginnings is a good place to start? I haven't explored that area much yet, just the areas to the north." Gryas said, he knew the way to the South Gate well enough however once they reached there he would rely on Vigilon to lead the way. The sun had now risen and the streets began to fill with the hustle and bustle of vendors moving towards stores, players calling out to and meeting comrades, even children filled the streets. That was something that Gryas had never noticed before, and the thought of children being stuck in this death game of a world without their parents was one that he couldn't bare. He decided on the spot that there was now one more reason driving him to see an end to this game. For those that were powerless to do it themselves and all the parents waiting night and day for their children to come home. Before he realised they had reached the South Gate and were walking into the rolling hills beyond the walls. The last time he was out on the hillside he was completing a quest for an NPC called Zacheriah, involving searching for materials. He thought he would get in a quick look for anything useful but figured that this area probably gets picked clean on a regular basis. Turning to Vigilon he asked with a friendly smile "So which way now? I will follow your lead."

ID# 84641 results:   Loot: 6

Edited by Gryas

Vigilon walked towards the nearest hill, saying, "I remember finding the place when I went this way." At the other side of the hill, a boar stood in his way. "I don't have time for you. could you please move?" The boar didn't budge. It let out a squeal, and two other boars came running. The three all stood in his path, but Vigilon scoffed and continued walking. That is, until the first Boar charged and hit him in the back. "All right, now you've asked for it." He struck the Boar three times, killing it in the process. the other two proceeded to attack Vigilon as well. "I wasn't planning on giving beat-downs to pigs this morning, but if you insist on a fight, I'll slice you into bacon!!" Veriost was in the air, ready to help Vigilon in his next attack. "Grarrr!!!" Vigilon guessed that his current status made most of the monsters on floor 1 weak in comparison.

@Gryas

ID# 84680 MOB: 9-1=8(hit)

ID# 84681 BD: 8(hit)

Snake Bite: 5*3x1=15

[1] Vigilon: HP 117/120, EP 11/14(Base 12, +2 from Energist rank 1) 5 Base damage(White blade [+2], OHSS Rank 1 [+1], Veriost [+1]) 1 EVA(Sunset's Light) 9 Mitigation(Sunset's Light)

[Stats locked in for thread]

Enemies:

Boar 1: HP 0/15

Boar 2: HP 12/12, 5 DMG

Boar 3: HP 12/12, 5 DMG

Edited by Vigilon
forgot to show the monsters' damage

Gryas began following Vigilon across the rolling hillside, but before he knew it 3 boars had appeared in their path. Vigilon made an effort to walk past them but was greeted with an attack from behind! Gryas drew his weapon and charged one down. He wasn't made for damage but there was one thing he could do and that was tank. He bellowed out a challenge to the boars and hoped that his attack would get their attention. By the way Vigilon destroyed the first boar Gryas knew that this fight would be over in a matter of seconds so he wanted to do all he could to contribute while he had the chance.

"Ok! Hit them again while I have their attention!" Gryas knew that he didn't need to tell this other player what to do, he was far more experienced then he was anyway. Gryas just wanted to try and act like a team and practice their coordination as it would probably come in handy one day.

Gryas:   60/60HP,    5/6 Energy,   3 Damage Mitigation,  1 Base Damage,  5 Regen upon hit for 3 turns

ID# 84720 results:   Battle: 7   Craft: 9   Loot: 4   MOB: 8

[Stats locked in for thread]

Enemies:

Boar 1: HP 0/15

Boar 2: HP 11/12  (Gryas  -  1 Hate)

Boar 3: HP 12/12

@Vigilon

Edited by Gryas

Vigilon saw Gryas attack one of the boars, dealing barely any damage, but certainly grabbing their attention, at which they charged for him, both ramming him in the chest. Vigilon didn't want to waste his energy, but he could still kill the enemies in a few hits. "Sure, just try not to get yourself killed." He wasn't paying attention to Gryas's HP and level, he kept his eye on the enemy. His attack may have been simply swinging his blade at the boar, but it did deal a pretty good amount of damage. "You want some more, pigs?" The monsters didn't care, even though Veriost was blowing frost breath at their faces. "Fo!!!" Vigilon looked at Gryas, and said, "I pretty much have this covered, but you can still feel free to help, as long as your HP doesn't drop too low, that is." He then began thinking of what he should do in the next possible scenarios, preparing himself for the boars' next moves.

ID# 84813 MOB: 8(hit)

ID# 84814 BD: 8(hit)

[2] Vigilon: HP 117/120, EP 11/14

[1] Gryas: HP 56/60, EP 5/6

Enemies:

Boar 2: HP 11/12

Boar 3: HP 7/12

@Gryas

OOC: Um, if you're level 4, isn't your HP maximum 80 and Energy 8?

Gryas watched his HP bar regen back up to full, this new armour he picked up is proving its worth already! "Against these mobs you don't have to worry about my health, they wont be able to hurt me as weak as they are." Gryas reassured Vigilon. He took a moment to assess the battlefield and saw what he was looking for, an opening, Gryas charged forward and struck one of the boars with enough force to send it tumbling. He might not do much damage but Gryas had a knack for spotting weak points. The boar still seemed more interested in him then in Vigilon and that suited him just fine. It was still early morning but Gryas felt like he wanted to wrap this combat up quickly. He usually felt that way about comabts, the longer your in them the higher change something could go wrong. There wasn't much fear in this one going wrong however, these boars were too low level.

Gryas:   60/60HP,    5/6 Energy,   3 Damage Mitigation,  1 Base Damage,  5 Regen upon hit for 3 turns

ID# 84870 results:   Battle: 9 (Soft Crit)   Craft: 12   Loot: 10   MOB: 4

[2] Vigilon: HP 117/120, EP 11/14

[1] Gryas: HP 60/60, EP 5/6

Enemies:

Boar 2: HP 9/12

Boar 3: HP 7/12

OOC: I actually mathed wrong and didn't get as much SP as I thought. With only 8 SP I am only level 3.

Edited by Gryas

Vigilon smiled at the reassurance, then struck the boar again, while Veriost continued to blast her frost breath at the enemy. The Boars charged for Vigilon, doing barely anything, but it still almost knocked him over. "I don't care what you freaks do to me, which is barely anything, to say the least. What matters is I'm not losing this fight!" Veriost looked at Vigilon, as if she were to say, "They just won't listen, will they?" Vigilon rolled his eyes and replied with, "I didn't expect them to." The two boars stared at him menacingly, as if they only thought about the demise of players...How ridiculously stupid of them. The fact that two players were only passing by, not looking for any trouble, and three boars just attack out of the blue, its just not normal, even if they are monsters, was absolutely stupid. "Man, did Kayaba ever program their AI correctly? The only thing these stupid pigs seem interested in is killing!"

ID# 84985 BD: 7(hit)

ID# 84986 MOB: 8-1=7(hit)

[3] Vigilon: HP 115/120, EP 11/14

[1] @Gryas : HP 60/60, EP 5/6

Enemies:

Boar 3: HP 2/12

Gryas charged in again but this time the boar managed to turn just enough to knock his spear side wards as he struck it. Gryas didn't care too much that he wasn't able to do very much damage, he was pretty tanky as it was and he was just about to receive his defensive upgrades from the Blazing Typhoon so one he got that these mobs would kill themselves quicker then a dps possibly could. He began to consider quickly heading back into the Town of Beginnings to pick them up because on the way out here this morning he had actually received a message from the blacksmith that they were done. He figured he would bring up the topic to Vigilon after these boars were dealt with. For now though he just waited till he saw another opening to take advantage of.

ID# 85009  BD: 4(miss)

[3] Vigilon: HP 115/120, EP 11/14

[3] Gryas : HP 60/60, EP 5/6

Enemies:

Edited by Gryas

Vigilon looked at the current situation carefully, found his opportunity to strike, and finished off the third boar. Now there was just one, but it seemed to be eager to retaliate, and rammed Vigilon right in the face, but not too badly. "Man, this armor helps." Veriost wasn't too happy about the boar's retaliation, not one bit. "Grrrraaaawwlllaaawwllll!!!!!" She dove for the boar, but missed by an inch. "I got this, Veriost, no need to worry about me. I think Gryas is doing well too, so please don't blow a blizzard right now." "Phffft." "Hey now, don't give me that crap, I care about you as much as you do me, and a blizzard or an angry berserking dragon won't help the situation! Heck, you're a Frost Dragon! Aren't you supposed to be calm?" "Grawllfff..." Vigilon turned back to the fight, that one boar wasn't going to kill itself, so someone had to finish it off before it caused too much harm to anyone else.

@Gryas

ID# 85035 BD: 7(hit)

ID# 85036 MOB: 9(Critical! +1 DMG)

[4] Vigilon: HP 114/120, EP 11/14

Enemies:

Boar 3: HP 0/12

Edited by Vigilon

Gryas had a lot on his mind as the battle continued to unfold, and it made him react slower and completely miss opportunities to attack entirely. He hoped he did not look as distracted as he felt today, his combat skills however might give that away at the moment. Gryas was currently reciting what he had read in the guide book about basic alchemy in his head at the moment, these boars did not look like they would give up any useful materials for alchemy and Gryas figured that he would have to find some by looking around and searching. Vigilon seems to understand that little Frost Dragon pretty well, and they definitely seemed to be useful to have around. Maybe Gryas aught to get one himself one day... OK Gryas snap out of it, your in combat, avery non threatening combat albeit but combat none the less. He had to get his head back in the game.

ID# 85232 results:   Battle: 1

[4] Vigilon: HP 115/120, EP 11/14

Enemies:

@Vigilon  OOC Sorry I took so long to reply, I have been super busy at work

Edited by Gryas

Vigilon noticed that Gryas seemed lost in thought. The last Boar charged for Gryas while he was distracted. Vigilon managed to stop it with a simple thrust attack, dealing 5 damage in the process. "Watch out!!!" The Boar squealed and glared at Vigilon menacingly. "Just one left. This won't take long. Then we can get to the area past those hills with little trouble." Veriost was right on Vigilon's shoulder, ready to blast frost breath when needed. "Grrmmm... GRAWLL!!!" Veriost was staring at the boar as if to say, "Just give up while you still can, pig, or I'll be having bacon for breakfast!" Vigilon chuckled softly. "Veriost, I'm not sure you'll be getting any bacon from this thing, it doesn't look lootable..." Veriost seemed disappointed. "Maybe after this is all over, I can get you something cold and sweet. How about that?" "Gaaaroooo!!!" "Yeah, had a feeling you wouldn't say no to that."

ID# 85253 BD: 7(hit)

ID# 85254 MOB: 3-1=2(Crit. Miss)

[5] Vigilon: HP 114/120, EP 11/14

[3] @Gryas : HP 60/60, EP 5/6

Enemies:

Boar 2: HP 4/12