[PP-F12] Flashy Wyvern <<Lord of the Seas>>

To: @Domarus

Subject: Some grinding

Text:
Hey Dom, I just got my hands on a quest on floor twelve. If you like you can join me. I'll be starting tomorrow at 0800 in the morning, and you'll find me just outside of the Lazaro safe zone at some rundown inn (I'll send you the my map position). You know, the shady cloaked player with the red cursor. 

Aereth quickly wrote that message after receiving the quest information from some NPC outside of Lazaro. He was pretty lucky to get his hands on said quest, because usually the Quest NPC is staying insides of the main settlement, but thankfully he was able to kindly ask a small group of players to lure the quest NPC out. And asking kindly consisted of Aereth giving all of the three players some Col, in oder to get this sh*t done for him. "I also could have threatened them until they'd have done it for me...." Aereth rumbled before slowly making his way to a shabby and f*cked up inn outsides of the safe zone.

Slamming the door behind him, and immediately locking it, Aereth let himself fall on the old bed and closed his eyes. "Why do all the inns outside of safe zones have to be so f*cked up...." he thought before pulling himself up again and removing his cloak sword and shirt.

Domarus needed to clear out quests for the experience points and who better to do it with than Aereth.  Unfortunately it seemed that the player was a higher level than him and while he'd like to rise higher than him, there weren't any other players to train with.  Thus he would settle for rising with Aereth.  Domarus had received a message from Aereth about how he had found a quest on the twelfth floor and how he'd be the shady player.  Domarus was not in the best of moods today.  An update had appeared and after reading it he found out that the two potions he had received from Mari had lost all their effects and were nothing more than vials of water.  In a wrathful rage he destroyed the items and lashed out at Keres when she approached him, which of course she enjoyed.  When he appeared on the twelfth floor he was in his Hopebreaker armor.  Players reacted a bit badly from him but he heard players whispering something about knowing him and soon player's reactions became more soft and kind.  Good, his reputation was growing.  He soon saw Aereth who would be able to see one or two of the marks that Domarus had made on her while they too faded from view.  Rhozarth was not on his shoulder but flying overhead.  When he reached Aereth he nodded.
     "Apologies for the delay, I've received some...  Unfortunate news recently.  What quest is it?"

@Aereth

When Domarus finally reached him, Aereth pulled back his hood and removed his facial mask. "No hard feelings. At least it's quit nice to see you again." Aereth said greeting the armored player. "And it's also nice to see you again Keres.." Aereth said while noticing a couple of fading damage markers on the exposed parts of her body.

Aereth was about to ask if she was alright, but to be honest, up until now he was used to see her inflicting damage to herself and walking around, covered in red damage markers, so he turned back to Domarus. "Nothing special. Just another field boss to take down. The quest NPC told me how they were suffering from something like a wyvern that is able to summon thunderstorms..." Aereth precisely avoided asking for the topic of Domarus' bad mood, since he could already guess what caused that mood, and if Domarus would want to tell him, he would already have. The new update, the Cardinal system has put out, also hit Aereth in a pretty annoying way. His only unique enhancement got slightly nerved, and thus didn't mitigate the same amount of damage it did before and in addition to that even did less burn damage to attacking targets... Shaking his head slightly, Aereth asked one more question before the would start. "Any other questions, or are we set to go?"

@Domarus

Domarus gave a firm nod at Aereth's comment as he walked over.  When he neared Aereth he shook his hand.  His scout general.  Well, not scout anymore.  He had another purpose in mind.  However that was for another time entirely.  Domarus had written his notes on the matter and thus he would return to it later on.  
     "So this monster will probably specialize in high amounts of damage with no mitigation.  There's also the chance it might paralyze players as well."  Domarus had decent mitigation and high damage, however because Aereth had martial arts he might have more damage than Domarus did.  He had done research and apparently Martial arts and the Two handed Assault spear had a sword art that deals the same damage output.  Both were the highest sword arts.  This didn't favor Domarus much but then with Aereth having a unique enhancment he was really outmatched anyways.  Regardless of this fact, Domarus would overcome Aereth in the end.  He'd even get his hands on a suitable demonic in the future.  Perhaps...  Even a unique skill.  When Aereth wanted to see if he had any more questions he had a thought but it needed to wait until his big plan was in motion.
    "No I don't.  Let's get this quest over with shall we?"

@Aereth

That man's thoughts still were a puzzle for Aereth. No matter how hard he tried, no matter how careful he was around Domarus, he just couldn't get inside of man's head. Pushing these thoughts to the side for now, Aereth crossed his arms over his chest and answered. "Probably, but we cant be sure. We're not on the first couple of floors anymore, and thus need to be careful, but with the two of us together this will be over in a couple of hits. And I wanna try out a couple of new tricks I've been working on lately." Aereth replied, while clenching his left had to a fist. 

After @Domarus mentioned that he didn't have any more questions, Aereth sent a party inviatation over to his comrade in heavy armor, and pulled up his hood and face mask once more. "Well then let's find the boss. From what it looks like the weather is getting worse and worse if we were to walk southwards. Maybe we should start our search there." Aereth added, and pointed at the dark clouds that hung over a region in the southern part of this floor.

Domarus listened to Aereth's comment and nodded.  If Domarus was doing this by himself he would need to get a buff or two just to be safe, and might not be even then.  With another player by his side he should have no worries on the matter.  Especially Aereth.  The two should be able to clear the quest out swiftly and reap the experience points.  Domarus needed the experience and hopefully he'd find other players he could complete quests with so he could catch up to Aereth in level.  It was clear the player was far ahead of him and he very much disliked that information.  Domarus heard Aereth mention how he wanted to try out something and watched as the player clenched his left hand into a fist.  At his level he would probably deal more damage than Domarus but that didn't really matter at the moment.  What mattered was focusing on his own skills and gear and getting them maxed out.  Once he was completely maxed out he doubted even Aereth would be able to take him down.  After all, his build was entirely battle orientated.  Aereth mentioned how they should begin their search in the section where a large thunderstorm hung overhead.  Domarus walked alongside Aereth as they journeyed over there.
    "Might I ask why you wear your intimidation battle armor in public?  I try to avoid scaring players unless necessary so I wonder why you wear that without a care."

@Aereth

The question Domarus just asked Aereth somehow took him a little bit off guard. He never really thought about that. Since the last couple of weeks he was wearing the same black hooded coat with his facial mask in order to prevent people from seeing how he really looked. He then looked over to Domarus and answered. "Well to be honest, I'm permanently wearing this hood and mask in order to conceal my real face and identity as much as possible. The coat helps me to keep my unique armor hidden. Players tend get greedy and envious over those unique enhancements...  And I'm not much interacting with players anyway... Even if I encounter players while traveling, I very much prefer if they are scared of me to begin with. I came to see that if I'm wearing these things, I'm much less likely to be attacked, than with my normal attire. And you would be surprised if you knew how often I get attacked even in this attire..." Aereth said in a somewhat annoyed tone. He hated it that many players that saw him, would immediately attack him just for his orange cursor.

@Domarus

Domarus watched as Aereth seemed surprised towards Domarus' question.  This meant he was either shocked that Domarus would ask something like that or he hadn't thought of the question whatsoever.  Domarus felt it was more the latter.  When a person begins to practice something they eventually forget to ask themselves why they do it in the first place.  Domarus on the other hand, felt it prudent to keep his mind sharp about things and to ask himself questions daily, as well as others.  He needed his generals to be equally sharp.  Aereth's explanation made sense to a point.  However even that explanation would be nullified and considered void after Domarus appointed him.
     "First of all, people who recognize you will understand that you're not a villain.  Players who know you already know that you're not a dark pker.  I've asked around so I'm certain.  Secondly, by creating such a dark image about yourself, you seem to be working towards destroying what good people know about you.  Your friends may begin to think you've turned into a true player killer.  I don't think that's something you want.  I understand you wish to take down the laughing coffin but this isn't the way to do it.  You'll only draw more attention to yourself and that's how you get killed."  It was true.  People who tried to act tough, or made themselves appear something they were not, ended up paying dearly for it.  The laughing coffin could be seen as a dangerous gang in the real world.  If you tried to make yourself seem dangerous, they would take you out to make a point.  Laughing Coffin would be no different.  They wanted players to know that they were the most deadly organization in the game.  Lately they seem to have been quiet, possibly training or recruiting, possibly both.
     "As far as muggers, a simple show of force scares them off.  Do that consistently with any who try to jump you and you will notice a decrease in assaults.  Players who speak negatively to you should be ignored completely.  They're wrong and the fact that they talk of matters they know nothing about shows how hopeless they are so let those go.  I see no real reason to keep this charade up.  I won't stop you of course."  

@Aereth

For now Aereth only let everything sink in what Domarus just said. "The other thing on why I'm wearing these things is to keep my connections to the Celestials in the dark. And it isn't like I'm wearing the cloak and face mask all the time... But I understand from where you are coming from..." Aereth replied when a question popped up in his mind. "But why do you wear such aggressive armors then. I can remember your tier one armor to be just as offensive as the one you are wearing right now. I always utilize my dangerous appearance in combat with other players. They tend to get nervous and are much more likely to make mistakes, which in return makes the battle easier for me.

Quite some time passed while the two of them were talking, and so they didn't even notice how they got nearer and nearer to their objective. When a sudden thunder sound roared through the floor Aereth turned his attention back to their surroundings. "Seems like we're almost there. According to my map data, there should be a swamp area just ahead of us, maybe the quest boss will be there. Are you ready?" He told his companion.

OOC: Will spawn the quest boss in my next post.

@Domarus

• 3 weeks later...

Aereth tried to give his reasons to back up his actions, and to be quite frank they were rather pathetic reasons.  If he wished to keep his connections with the celestial ascendants, he shouldn't have joined them.  Domarus heard from other players talking about the guild, so the fact that he was a part of it for a while meant there would be no way to avoid the information.  If players knew Aereth with the armor he wore now, then the facade would be utterly useless.
     "Then if we took down the laughing coffin, would you give yourself a less darken appearance most of the time?"  Then Aereth asked Domarus about his own armor, causing him to chuckle.
     "This armor has it's purpose, but far from yours.  It's not to disguise myself.  It is specifically for combat only.  Anything else I use the dragon bone armor.  It is meant to intimidate my opponent and give me an edge in the combat.  That is all it is meant for.  It gives off a nightmarish image during battle, and hopefully once I've maximized my skills, they'll be dead terrified of me when I wear the armor.  However I do plan on forging a second pair for tanking purposes, as well as giving myself a good image."  Aereth told him that there should be a swamp nearby and that would be where their target was.  Domarus nodded and pulled out his weapon, the black two handed weapon pulsing a dark red glow as he did so.

Spoiler

Using current Stats for this thread

Level 32
HP:  640
EN:  64
DMG:  15-16
MIT:  54
THRN:  24
ACC:  3-4

Skills

Survival
Charge, Rank 1
Concentration
THBA:  Rank 5
Ferocity (rank 1,2,5)

@Aereth

The thing was, Aereth never leaves back any witnesses when he goes out for a mission, and he was pretty much out on missions all of the time so... "F*ck it. I don't have the motivation to try and talk much more about that matter anyways..." he thought ans let out a small sigh. "I understand your reasoning and I'll think about what you just mentioned. But for now..." Aereth said but wasn't even able to finish sentence because of the huge Sea Wyvern interrupting him. 

The big mob saw the group of three, and immediately started to attack the group. "Sh*t, this bastard is fast." Aereth said and immediately drew his sword before going into his battle stance. "We need to get Keres out of the attack range of that mob..." he said and immediately sped over to the maiden. He knew that he was much faster than Domarus in his light armor and reached Keres in almost the blink of any eye. He grabbed her very hard by her upper arm, forgetting the already activated Material Arts sword skill on this hand.

Immediately the Wyvern tried to follow the two players, but fortunately Aereth, even with Keres in tow was faster than the field boss. "Sorry about that, but stay away from the battle." Aereth said, then released the maiden again and where his hand gripped her, now shiny red damage markers were visible. He would worry about that later, now it was time to show that mob who the hunter was...

Aereth placed his sword in a backhanded position and jumped at the Wyvern. He parried the first headbutt of it with his sword, and then buried his fist deep into the nose of the stupid mob, taking away over two third of its health in the process...

ID# 85826 results:
Battle: 9+3, Critical HIT
Damage: (14+1)*15 = 225 DMG

Party Info:
[H: 0] @Domarus: 640/640 HP | 64/64 EN | 15 DMG | 54 MIT | 24 THRN
[H: 2] Aereth: 820/820 HP | 66/82 EN | 14 DMG | 48 MIT | 10 Flame Aura 

Filed Boss Info:
Sea Wyvern: 75/300 HP | 300 DMG