F3-PP) The dark Elf (Worn out Welcome)

Sky yawned as he sat outside the inn on floor three, he had been up a little bit to early... It was rough. He wondered if he was going to see any new players around. It hadn't been to long, he had seen Zanne and Gyras recently, two players who had finally left their shelter in floor one to explore the world. He had done it awhile back, and had now hit level thirteen. He wasn't enjoying it, the mobs had gotten even harder for him to fight....

Ugh.... where the hell are you guys... Atzo.... You are such an IDIOT.... If you are dead i swear i will kill you...... You saved me more times then i can count, so where the hell are you so i can come save your fat behind.... Nashoba.... I hope your alive.... Please be alive....

With this he wiped a tear out of his eyes, standing up before looking around, hoping to see someone he could go adventuring with, he hadn't had much luck for a little while, and he wouldn't mind meeting some new people.

Winik strolled down the street, his armor and equipment marking him as a new player. He knew that he was getting in over his head by coming up to the third floor so soon, but he was anxious to catch up to everybody. He had aspirations to be one of the best tanks on the frontlines and he knew sitting around on floor one feeling sorry for himself wouldn't do him any good. 

His head turned side to side, taking in the scenery. He wanted to get some new equipment, but his reserves were sadly dry. As he walked, he smiled at the player's passing by. Maybe one of them would have some tips for him, something to help him out. 

With a heavy sigh, he settled down on a bench outside the inn and rested with his elbows in his knees. "Well, if I can't join them just yet I'll just watch and wait," he muttered to himself.

Spoiler

ID# 84541 results:

Loot: 15 + 1 Mat

Sky couldn't help but watch as a player sat right next to him. He was surprised, it seemed like he didn't even realize that he had!!! He shook his head, very curious for a moment before noticing some materials sitting right behind him... In the weirdest spot. A bird must have dropped it, he grabbed it and put it in his inventory.

"Hello Mate, names Stryder" He said to @Winik, introducing himself outright. He had no fear of whatever might come, it was immidetly visable that this guy had JUST left the safety of the town of beginnings. He had noticed that recently more and more players had been coming up to the floors to level and start to play the game, many more then before. He had met a lot of new guys recently, and he wanted to continue doing so... For Atzo... For Nashoba.... For his friends, he needed to survive, and help others survive.

Edited by Stryder

Winik sat there with his head in his hands, lost on what to do.  He let his mind be wrapped in its own melancholy until he heard a voice speaking aloud next to him.  "Hello Mate, names Stryder," pierced through his thoughts, taking him aback and surprising him.  'Is he talking to me?!,' he thought, slightly panicked.  He tried to keep his composure as he turned his head to answer.

"Hello, I'm Winik," he spoke aloud, hoping he was talking to him.  He really didn't want to make a fool of himself.  He looked the player sitting next to him over, taking in whatever details he could.  The player's dark coloration and thin build was a stark contrast to himself, but that didn't make him any scarier than any other total stranger.  "I hope I'm not bothering you," Winik continued.  "I didn't notice you sitting here and I just needed somewhere to rest my feet."

Winik leaned back against the bench, letting the breeze that was running through lift his hair off of his forehead.  'Sucks to be on a floor higher than what I can handle, but I'll manage.  I always do.'

@Stryder

Edited by Winik

Sucks to be on a higher floor? That confirmed it, he was a low level player. This was an easy floor for a level thirteen like himself, but.... Well a level one is a different story. He couldn't help but feel a little sorry for the guy coming up to this floor so early on out of the slump.

"Its all good, i needed company anyway. So, now that i met you, want to go on a quesT?" He asked, hoping it wasn't to sudden. He felt akward asking him if he wanted to, as he had only just met him and was already askign if he wanted to go questing. He hoped he would dsay yes, as SKy himself needed to get out of his own mental slump. His friends were missing, and he wanted to get out and find them, he wanted to live for  them, he wanted to be alright for them. But... it was going to take sometime before he managed to actually get to a point where he was goign to be happy to move on, and that might not be until he found them both, and brought them home safe and sound.

Winik stated at the other player. 'Why is he inviting a total stranger that accidentally sat me to him on a quest,' he thought. ' Maybe he's one of those weirdos who make friends with anybody and everybody once they're in the game. But, beggars can't be choosers.' 

Winik extended his hand to the other player. "I'd love to join you, if you don't mind watching out for a greenie like me. If it's not an issue, I'd like to love to the end of this death game," he commented cheerily. 

Winik watched the other player for reactions. Back in the real world, he was told he was charming. That he had a certain charismatic air to him whenever he wanted to get something done. Hopefully that carried over when he got stuck here. If not, he doesn't know what he'd do.

Protect him, that was something he was going to do anyway. Anyone who wasn't at least close to his level or higher, he was going to actively protect. Once you got above his level, there was nothing he really could do, that was more when Sky would consider you a teammate then someone he is helping, unless he likes you from the get go. He stood up, smiling as he looked as his new companion.

"Iv done this quest before, its got a single fight in it, but its easy, piece of cake as i can pretty much tap it on the head and it will die" He says to Winik, smiling. He did a lot of these easy quests, sure, the EXP they provided was minimal at this point in time, but each bit helped him get up in levels and helping out these players told him that he was doing somthign worthwhile with his time. He wanted to save as many people as he could, and if that was helping them to get some starting gear, so be it. He didn't like the idea of a low level on these floors though, last time he had done that.... His friend had to come save them both... But he was stronger now.

"I'm fine with anything you're willing to help me with," he said honestly.  He was happy to have found someone who was ready and able to go questing.  He spent too much of his time in the Town of Beginnings mulling over his fate.  He had someone who logged on that he had to find, and when he found them he wanted to be able to help them.  Or at least be a meat shield for them.  He wanted to be a tank, and the journey of 1000 steps starts with one.

"I don't have much in terms of gear, or anything for that matter, so I'm ready whenever you are," he replied.  He settled back on the bench, staring out at the people milling about.  He didn't know what was in store for him, but by God he was ready.  As he rested, the wind picked up and blew his bangs out of his face.  He smiled up at the sky, his blue eyes catching the light and lighting up.  For all intents and purposes this was a death game, but it was a beautiful one at that.

Sky didn't care about his gear, or any of that. It was his level he was worried about. The quest mob here didn't do that much damage, but if Sky missed, and it went after this guy... Sky quickly shook his head, that thought being thrown into the volcano inside his head. He wasn't about to let that fear come and haunt him. He smiled, nodding him over as he headed towards the blacksmiths shop.

"THe quest i had in mind will give you an uncommon armor piece of your own creation, so yeah. I don't know much much use it will be, but i can get to know you on the boring walk" He said, smiling as they headed towards the shop he had to take him to. He had no intetnion of accepting the quest himself, it was all for his little friend here. He wondered what kind of build he was going to make, it was always one of his first questions when he met seomene, he never asked though, it felt rude to ask how they wanted to play the game. He sighed, smiling as they got near.

Winik clapped his hands on his knees, pushing against them as he straightened.  He towered over most other npcs or players, being above average height for a Japanese male.  He strode over to match pace with Stryder, his long legs carrying him quickly.  "I'm going for a tank build in this one, what build are you?," queried Winik, he couldn't really tell from the player's current equipment.  Since he was new and partnering with someone he didn't know, he wanted to make sure he had a game plan for their encounters.  'I know he said he would tank the mobs, but I just want to be careful,' Winik thought to himself.  He had no idea where Stryder was taking him, but he felt that the player didn't have any ill intentions, even if there was something about him that felt off.  Maybe he had some skeletons in his closet he didn't want people to know about.

Sky's pace was easily matched by Winik, the guy being pretty dam tall. He didn't really care though, not trying to be speedy. If he wanted to he was sure he could outrun this guy.... He hoped. The system allowed for very fast movement if you knew how, which he had experienced when he had chased after Atzo... On this floor.... He sighed, seriously wishing that he had his friend here with him, he missed him. He listened as he said his build without any prompting. He wasn't a tank, but.... He could still tank monsters on this floor, no sweat at all.

"Well i'm a damage dealer, but i'l be tanking while you are with me. I'm not about to have someone die on a quest with me" He said, before stopping outside the door to  the blacksmith. He sighed, before looking at his companion.

"Head inside and accept the quest, il be out here making sure i have the right gear equipped"

"Okay, thanks," Winik replied, pushing into the forge. The first thing to hit Winik was the oppressive heat. There was a fire burning in the back of the room, more like roaring, with an older man standing in front of it. Large, beefy arms pumped bellows as the scraggly face of the smith concentrated on his work. Every now and then embers would come out of the forge, smashing against the smith's leather apron with no results.

"Excuse me," Winik called out. "I'm here about some armor?"

The smith turned from his work, turning to come over to the player. He wiped his hands on a dirty rag before extending it. "I'm Griswold, my wife and I are helping all the new players in town. If you bring me the right materials, I'll craft you something worthwhile."

A window popped up in front of Winik, the prompt for Worn Out Welcome. Winik pressed accept before turning and leaving the forge. He strode over to Stryder, shooting him a thumbs up to show he was done.

Sky simply watched the sky while his companion was inside. He had no reason to go in, he wasn't accepting the quest personally, it was for this guy, though he didn't know what good it would be. Once he came out, Sky gave the thumbs up back, smiling as they walked off towards the edge of town. He had done this before, all they had to do was kill a wimpy little elf.

"The quest itself is easy, theres an elf in the forest we gotta kill. Thats it" He said, shrugging. It was simple, and for a damage dealer that made it even easier. He could easily take it out with a simple tap to the head, and as easily as a punch in the face. He didn't like how easy it was... But at least it meant no danger. He wished he was stronger though, sure he was good for this floor, but what about when he had to go higher? When he had to face stronger creatures? What was going to happen then? Would he kneel over and die, or would he survive?

Winik followed along side Stryder, he felt they were at least somewhat equals in this quest even though the other player was the stronger of the two. He raised his arms and entwined his fingers behind his head as they walked. "What's the quest reward again? Will it be something involving the mob drop? I wasn't really paying attention when I accepted the quest," Winik spoke aloud, aiming for some pleasant conversation. He wasn't always the best at it, but he tried. That's all anyone could ask for. Again, he looked at the player's gear, wondering how it suffered from any other gear. He understood heavy armor, it was like wearing a fortress. But light armors elduded him. Why would anyone wear something that didn't offer protection? It seemed ludicrous to him, but hey, to each their own. He was sure there were some merits, but why run from the hit when you could just stand and laugh in their face as the blow did nothing? That seemed the most enjoyable way of doing it at least.

"The reward is either a heavy or a light armor plate, which will help keep you alive" He answered, walking towards the exit of the town. He had done this quest about two, three times? It wasn't to hard, or bad. It was quite easy in all honesty. He looked at his companions armor, noticing it was a little heavy. He was glad that he had it on, this game would have already been lost had it not been for tanks. Damage dealers like him were not made to take a lot of hits, they were there to take down the boss, and were the ones who often got drops, but without tanks, they would all be dead already. He sighed, a little dissapointed that he was going to have to tank here, but he knew he wasn't even going to get hit, and if he did it would do no damage, thanks to this suit. 

"So, which will you choose?"

Winik thumped a fist against his chest, puffing up before speaking. "The heavy plate, of course. Someone's got to protect the squishies out there." That being said, Winik visibly deflated, his shoulders slumping forward. "Unfortunately, I can't even do that right now. I'm a little underleveled and under equipped. But one day I'll be able to protect others. The frontlines are calling and I'm going to answer the call." Winik straightened back up, raising his arms to entwine his fingers behind his head. Gear was Winik's passion, making him jealous of those who are out in the frontlines with their awesome gear. He'll be there someday, he promised himself. "How long have you been higher leveled? It seems to take some time around here, with the whole penalty of death thing. People have to have larger safety margins. And I understand fearing the end, but I still want to tank, you know?"

Edited by Winik

How long? He had been around level ten or above for at least a month. It wasn't to hard to gain that, but after you get past that point... It was like he had hit the threshold, it was getting harder and harder to gain levels afterwards. He chuckled a little at his situation though, a tank unable to tank. He knew the feeling, but he had gotten past that once he had specialized in the right skills. 

"Iv been a highish level since around four weeks ago, and i don't really have safety margins. As a light armor, i can avoid nearly every hit and when i do get hit, i can still take out most of the damage before it hits my health" He replies, smiling. He wanted to be stronger, and he was going to get stronger. Once he had his familiar, he would be able to take more and more damage, and be able to doge more and more damage.

@Winik

Edited by Stryder
  • 2 weeks later...

"I've been looking around at some of the blacksmiths around the towns I can find.  Some gear would definitely help my plans along," he chatted merrily.  "So, since we've got this quest started, would you mind leading the way?  I don't want to get blindsided and end up getting pixelated.  I do, however, promise to repay the favor later when I can tank better.  Maybe hit up some dungeons as a duo?" Winik didn't like always being in someone's debt, he was more of a helper.  The weight of a debt unpaid has always bothered him and he wanted to make sure he repaid it as soon as possible.  He was still excited about the prospect of a quest, however.  Just the thought of new gear sends shivers down his spine, thoughts of flavor texts and items speeding through his head. He did have to ponder the thought of an EVA player tanking.  What did he mean that he could soak up the damage before it hit his health?  Light armors typically don't boast those abilities.

• 4 weeks later...

Sky simply nods at his request, it was simple enough. He had done this before, it was a simple quest, only requiring to kill a single Elf, who wasn't even that strong to begin with. In all honesty, he believed that this guy could beat it solo if he wished, but he was here to help. He smiled at the idea of hitting a dungeon or two, which he hadn't actually done yet. He had done a lot, a dungeon was not one of them, yet. He wanted to hit a higher level, have a familiar and have his other armor set before he tried that, and besides, he would need a team. One that had a damage, a tank and a healer. He had two of those already, but he still needed a healer. 

"Don't worry, this will be easy. Theres no need to pay me back, its kinda my job to do this, besides, i enjoy it, so don't worry" He replies, just giving his companion a light punch in the arm.

@Winik

Winik chuckled at his compatriots antics.  'At least the game hasn't stolen his spirit,' he thought to himself.  He gestured with his arm, swiping it through the air slowly.  "Lead the way, I'm ready to get things going," he called out, slapping his companion on the back after he was done speaking.  "Plus you have to lead, I don't know the best way to get there."  'I can't wait to get this finished up.  Who knows what the stats on the armor could be.  Plus, I'll be one step closer to finding her,' he thought to himself, his smile disappearing briefly before it came flooding back onto his face.  He can't let his spirit fall, he needed to keep himself moving forward.  How else was he going to find her?  She could be anywhere, but there was no one else he would rather have on his team watching his back.  He felt he could trust her with his life at this point.