[PP-F11] Dungeoniers Arise! <Itzal, Shield, Sey>

Not long after clearing out a quest with Shield and Sey, that quest being the Lich's call, the three realized they worked well together.  Itzal would still be clearing quests with Jonathan, especially since his friend was helping him with the dragon anthology questline.  That questline was nothing but twisted and sick.  Having to kill infant dragons?  Itzal felt like a murderer than anything else.  As he waited for the others in the Italian themed town that reminded him oh so much about Assassin's Creed, he pulled out an item.  It came randomly and it was called Yui's Grace.  Where it came from or why he had no clue, other than that it gave him an additional experience boost.  He activated it and watched as it disappeared into the air as his experience rose.  Sighing he put his hands into his twilight cloak, watching Velnia fly around the many npcs that were programmed with daily activities.  Faithkeeper sat on his hip and Skyreach on his right hand.  He was equipping looting gear today so they could make the most out of the dungeon.  Normally he wouldn't but if there was a tank with him, he felt safe to do so.  Plus he wanted to get the tanks much needed col, materials, and other rewards as well.  Hopefully the day would prove fruitful.

@Shield  @Sey

It had been some time since the last venture with his fellow guild-mates, though there had been talk of future ventures as well. As he put away the last of his shop's new shipment of mundane equipment, he opened his contacts list and sent a message to @Sey and Itzal.

"Hey guys,

It's been a bit, but if we're still wanting to look for dungeons, feel free to meet me at my shop. There are a number of good hunting spots near here.

-Shield"

He closed up his store front before shouting back to the little one room house that he shared with Beat. "I'm heading out for a while," he called out, stepping outside of the gate and closing the door behind him.

Spoiler

ID# 84511 results: Loot: 16 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 21 - +1 Material (1 total)

Swapping gear:
- Finder's Keeper (- 1 skill rank: search & detect), -Seeking Aura (- 3 LD), + Pain Drinker (+ 54 Regen), + Manticore Mask (+ 2 taunt, + 16 flame aura, + 36 damage mitigation)

As he stepped free from the building, he noticed the familiar glow of his earring on his shoulder. Glancing at the ground, he spotted the typical giant granule of sugar on the ground that the giant ants of the floor left me behind. He retrieved it before changing out his gear, swapping his Seeking Aura earring for his Manticore Mask and the Finder's Keeper wristband that he wore for the Pain Drinker regeneration shield to join the Patchwork Armor that he wore. He brought out one of the mundane axes from his stock as well.

"If there's a dungeon out there for us to find, then I'll be equipped when we do."

Edited by Shield

It was his home floor! Ever since he was living up so high, he was able to get far better rests than he ever did in the inns. If only the real world had such good quality beds. However, it was the same home that opened up a lot of sudden direct messages for him. This was no different, as he would get one from the same tank who PMed him a few times. Usually the timing was just him in his bed. His girl was out already, perhaps spamming some quests like the both of them talked about the other day. Well, he might as well try to attend. So he would open up his map, get off the bed, and prepare to equip his armor and his shield. He could use some exercise this morning anyways, this was just the way to do it. It was going to take a bit of time before he arrived there however.

Itzal received Shield's message and raised an eyebrow.  Looks like the meeting spot had been moved.  Itzal started to move and whistled to Velnia, getting her attention.  She shot over and landed on his shoulder as he rushed to the gate.  When he passed the guards he sped up until he neared the forest, leaping up and hoisting himself onto the branches, getting to his feet and leaping from one branch to the next, making his way over to the coordinates.  Dungeon hunting was something that could sometimes take a while, especially if the monsters were a high level, or players were rather slow at what they were doing.  Itzal of course, had become a lot stronger than he used to be.  He was only one rank away from maxing out charge now, but that wasn't the plan he had in mind.  Itzal soon saw Shield's shop and leaped from the branch, rolling after landing and waved over to his friend.

@Shield

Spoiler

ID# 84552 results: Loot: 13 + 1 skill = 14 - No materials (1 total)

It appeared that Itzal was the first to join him. Raising a hand to return the greeting, Shield walked over to where he had landed. A serpent's tongue forked its way out of the collar of his cloak just below his ear, tasting the new arrivals in the air. Whether it could actually detect anything or whether this was just flavor programmed into the game was beyond him.

"Good to see you again," he said, crossing his arms over his chest. "Still no sign of Sey?"

It hadn't been terribly long since he had sent his message, so he wasn't surprised. Itzal's speed was admirable, which he supposed was also not surprising since this was one of the only players who currently out-leveled him in the Ascendants.

"This will be a fresh experience for me," he continued. "I've only been into a handful of dungeons, and all of them had been with Beat right beside me. Feels odd to leave him in his shop today."

@Sey

Edited by Shield

"No sign of Sey? Well that's odd." Sey would reply from an isolant distance away, Kyu charging forward happily as she was the first one to make her way onto the scene. They ran on foot, and since the game did not have anything else to transport them, he would end up having himself making it a little bit late. "Heyo, turns out another dungeon is here, right? In that case, let's get this taken care of." The snow-haired player declared with a half smile that he would always have equipped on his being. It was just normal for him to be more reclusive if anything. And he had no idea what was even going on in this, nor did he get some information on the map. The most that he knew about it was that it was able to provide him with some loot and some levels. And that mattered the most to him right now, as he was in a dire need for just those things if he wanted to get some skill mods.

Itzal nodded with a smile to Shield's greeting.  "And you as well Shield!  I want to make up for lost time with the guild members, but so far you guys seem to be the only ones available really.  And I'm sure he'll be here momentarily."  In truth he already knew Sey was there.  The combination of detect, which increased his range of sight and detection, as well as reveal, which allowed him to see through solid objects, allowed him to spot players rather easily, and made it easier to detect players trying to sneak towards or around them.  When he mentioned how it would be a new experience for him Itzal nodded.  "Honestly with how far I've come in damage, your powerful tank sills, and Sey's additional damage as well as healing?  I'd say we'll clear this dungeon out swiftly.  If I recall correctly we need to fight fifteen lootable monsters before taking on the boss himself."  Itzal heard Sey approach and mention how they should take care of the dungeon already.  Itzal nodded.  "Yep, I'd say we're all set.  I've got my loot gear.  You guys look like your ready so shall we get started then?" 

@Shield

Spoiler

ID# 84585 results: Loot: 7 + 1 skill = 8 - No materials (1 total)

Shield gave a nod as @Sey approached, opening his stance to allow the newest a place in the conversation. From the sounds of things, Itzal was hoping to find an advanced dungeon, which meant that they had their work cut out for them.

"Well, with the gang all here, I think we need to put some road behind us," he said, glancing up at the sky to see where the sun was before motioning for the others to follow. "Dungeon hunting up on this floor is definitely the way to go. With all of the ant colonies, there are little hidden entrances all over the place."

He led them along the road until they found themselves at a set of rocky crags that jutted up from the landscape. He swerved off of the road and led the others around behind them to a steep drop-off. At first, it seemed like there was nowhere to go, but as Shield brought them closer to the edge, the top steps of a staircase took shape. The steps ran sharply downward following the shape of the cliff that led down into the deep canyon below.

"If we're going to find a dungeon, this is the place to start looking."

Edited by Shield

All right, they were going to have to go on the hunt for perhaps a stray map located around somewhere int he area? The snow haired player would nod his head as he would proceed to look around for some piece of paper. The game made it so that they can be found in the weirdest of places. It was not like SAO had a certain grind table required in order to gain some levels. If that were the case, he would have been out there spamming it all of the time. But it would have made a huge gap between him and the players as well, as they would probably have a 2 year headstart. It was fine though, he was able to catch up with enough time, and the game did seem to have a level limit. Hopefully... Considering Calrex was a thing, he was not too sure he would like to have that as an excuse to not level up. Because if he were to be wrong like the last two years.... Well, the map was something he didn't prepare to scout. His current equipment was designed for battle. "Well, we are not going to get too far without it. Itzal, how long might you have to look in order to find a map.

Itzal listened to Shield mention how there were many entrances that antmen had made and Itzal nodded, chuckling as he recalled his first time on this floor.  He had run into the ants by accident but with the proper gestures managed to stay neutral with them.  With that he was able to explore their tunnels and search for materials.  Things still haven't changed for him but most likely they hadn't for Shield and Sey.  At least, Itzal wasn't sure.  "Yeah.  Oh yeah, uh...  Try not to target the black antmen.....  It's a long story, you gotta trust me on this one."  The three began to walk around the land and while they did Sey mentioned something about Itzal finding a dungeon map.  He chuckled and patted Sey's shoulder.  "Buddy, I don't find maps.  I draw them out.  I've mapped out over half this floor already.  Dungeons pop up randomly and only stay if you make a map to keep it's location solid.  I'll be finding the dungeon and we'll clear it immediately."  He nodded to the two.  "I think we're that good.  Let's find it, and clear it out."

@Shield

Spoiler

ID# 84623 results: Loot: 12 + 1 skill = 13 - No materials (1 total)

The descent into the canyon was a slow one. The rough staircase that clung to the pale cliff wall was steep and narrow, only allowing the players to walk single file from one cramped landing to the next, alternating in direction each time. Still, they were making progress. With each pass along the wall, the floor of the canyon grew a little closer and a little clearer.

"I'm glad I'm not afraid of heights," he said, more to himself than anything. The view was dizzying, even for someone without phobias of such things. "I can't imagine Itzal would take long to find what we're looking for," he said in regard to @Sey's question. "The big issue is that non-scouts, or at least those who haven't dipped into scout skills, have a much shorter effective range when looking for dungeons. While I might be able to identify an entrance from twenty feet off, Itzal can probably do so from twice the distance, meaning he doesn't have to explore as far in any given direction."

There were only a few flights of steps remaining from the bottom now, but the last one seemed to be the longest, which meant they had some walking left to do.

I swear, half of what I do in this game is walk. Oh well. I think I made peace a long time ago with the fact that overcoming obstacles wouldn't all be guts and glory.

Edited by Shield

"Hm, it does seem kind of odd. but I guess there is a reason that they are called "drops"." Sey explained as he would place his hands in his pockets, then shrug his shoulders as he would look around. If he were to find something, he would pick it up. But his focus wasn't so much on that, as he did have a lack of interest without his gear on. Sey prepared for a fight, and he was not interested in changing his equipment. It took a bit of time, and he would rather not reorganize everything when Itzal was the one who had the best shot at any form of map finding. "I could take a shot, but my chances are not as high as Itzals. If anything, it's more coin toss chances to find anything worthy of good rewards, which is better than default odds, but not something we should be riding on currently. Not if we don't want to look all day for the maps... Which I doubt any of us have the time for anyways."

OOC- I'll need to post after the next player's post.  Since this is post 13 and I need to search on the 15th post.

Itzal nodded to Shield's statement.  "Yep.  I started off by giving it all I had to become the greatest scout in Aincrad.  So far I think that I'm successful.  Sure there are players out there who have searching demonics, but to my knowledge they rarely, if ever use it.  Plus I don't believe they're very active anyhow.  And yeah, if we want to get this over with then we need to find the dungeon swiftly.  Regardless of what difficulty it is I suggest we clear it.  Unless you guys want to take an intermediate or advanced dungeon rather than a beginner dungeon.  If that's the case then we can turn the location into a map.  That, and killing mobs and looting chests, is how you get dungeon maps."  They soon reached one of the many entrances into the ant's tunnels.  Itzal had found the one he first fell into by accident and smiled.  These ants weren't the antmen.  They were ordinary ants, save for the size of humans.  They were still monsters, but like the boar's on the first floor, they didn't attack unless provoked.  Itzal walked over to the entrance when two ants popped out and nearly jumped on him.  Itzal didn't do anything and let their antenna detect his scent, recognizing him from before, and letting him pass.  They also allowed the others which seemed to be with Itzal, but would watch carefully just in case.  Itzal gestured for the others to follow.  "And pleas don't draw your weapons guys!  I'm still earning their full trust and with my bringing new scents they'll be more cautious than before."

@Shield @Sey

Spoiler

ID# 85179 results: Loot: 1 + 1 skill = 2 - No materials (1 total)

To say that Shield was skeptical of working hand in hand with ants was a bit of an understatement. He had lived on the eleventh floor for months, and never once had he had a peaceful encounter with the bugs. He wasn't concerned with having out a weapon. That wasn't his bread and butter. As long as he could keep his armor on and ready, he was fine.

"I hope you know what you're doing here, Itzal," he mumbled out of the side of his mouth, "because I certainly do not."

He kept his stance relaxed. After all, he could tell that the ants weren't hostile. If anything, it reminded him of an old movie from a previous decade where a scientist's kids were shrunken down to a small enough size to ride an ant like a horse. It wasn't quite to that level of friendliness, but it was at least tolerable.

Edited by Shield

Itzal heard Shield mutter something and when he heard his friend he chuckled.  "Don't worry, we're safe if they aren't provoked.  Like I said, they're like the boar's on the first floor."  Itzal led them through the ant's tunnel's, staying on the right side so the ants still had room to pass through, and activated reveal.  "Huh.  Looks like the ants have been busy lately.  More tunnels than before...  That one though.  Why are there so many ants clustered there?"  He turned it off and led the two in the general direction of where the ants were clustering.  The closer and closer they came, the more rapid the ant's movements, as if they were hurrying.  When they reached the area Itzal could hear buzzing on the other side of the wall of ants.  Itzal saw where they were blocking and discovered that it was the entrance to a dungeon.  And advanced dungeon.  "Well, we found the dungeon."  An ant was about to dash past them when Itzal flagged it down.  It turned to him, appearing agitated.  "If you guys move out of the way, we can kill whatever is attacking you guys.  I promise we won't let it escape."  The ant seemed to hesitate before going to signal the others.  Itzal turned to Shield and Sey.  "Once they make a path for us, I'll activate charge and push whatever it is back.  Once I do that you two follow me and hit the roof of the entrance to block it.  No doubt the ants will assist you.  You guy's ready?"  As he said that the ants dispersed and revealed four creatures that seemed to be some form of mutated yellow jacket with a glowing abdomen.  And they seemed extremely aggressive. 

ID#  85178  LD:  20+11  Advanced dungeon found

@Shield:  ???/???  <>  ??/??
Sey:  ???/???  <>  ??/??
Itzal:  1,240/1,240  <>  124/124

Mysterious Hornet1:  700/700
Mysterious Hornet 2:  700/700
Mysterious Hornet 3:  700/700
Mysterious Hornet 4:  700/700

Hornets have 188 dmg each

Edited by Itzal
Spoiler

Action: Howl

ID# 85184 results:

MOB: 9 + 3 ACC + 1 EVA = 13 - Hit! - 188 dmg + 1 crit - 134 mit = 54 dmg x 4 = 220 (Insignificant after Regen and Battle Healing)

[H:4] Shield HP: 1183/1183 | EP: 104/104 | REG: 54 | BH: 50 | MIT: 134 | THN: 14 | FLA: 16 | TAUNT
@Sey:  ???/???  <>  ??/??
Itzal:  1,240/1,240  <>  124/124

Mysterious Hornet1:  700/700
Mysterious Hornet 2:  700/700
Mysterious Hornet 3:  700/700
Mysterious Hornet 4:  700/700

Hornets: DMG: 188 | ACC: 3

As soon as there was enough room, Shield rushed through the entrance, ducking behind his shield as he made his entrance. Once inside of the tunnel, Shield found himself face to face with four sets of segmented eyes, each of which was the size of a bowling ball. The hornets that were attached to them were massive, their fat bodies practically clogging the passage. Shield took a deep breath and howled with all of the force of his chest, propelling the creatures back with his voice.

"Buzz off, scrubs!" he bellowed, pushing past them into the main chamber behind them which was full to bursting with ant larva. "Going after their young? I can see why they want you gone."

Before he could to much about them, there was a rush of wings and buzzing and four stingers plunged into his torso. He winced. There was no pain, but it was still unpleasant sensing solid objects piercing his body.

Edited by Shield

Spoiler

ID# 85185 results:

Battle: 6
SA: Forceful Attack - 1x7 - AoE - (14 Energy) - A powerful mid-tier thrusting attack aimed for the enemies chest.
Dmg: 12 x 7 x 1 = 84 Dmg

[H:4] Shield HP: 1183/1183 | EP: 104/104 | REG: 54 | BH: 50 | MIT: 134 | THN: 14 | FLA: 16 | TAUNT
[H:1] Sey:  1,060/1,060  <>  97/106
@Itzal:  1,240/1,240  <>  124/124

Mysterious Hornet 1:  616/700
Mysterious Hornet 2:  616/700
Mysterious Hornet 3:  616/700
Mysterious Hornet 4:  616/700

It was not the best of thoughts to get stung by one of their stingers. He would like to return the favor that they had done to the young ants though. They provided him loot and skill points, and that was all the reason he needed to shove the sharp end of a spear through their limbs. "It looks like we're going to have ourselves a little dance. Better keep up!" Sey declared, blurring the next moment as he swiftly confronted the monsters, arriving at the first one with his full strength piercing through it's chest. The second hornet tried to get revenge by coming from behind, but Sey instead turned the spear to the side to allow the second hornet to stack. "See? You all aren't paying any attention!" The snow haired player declared as he swung the hornets on a stick at the remaining two, sending all of them to the ground as he jumped away from them. "Now that felt good."

Itzal watched as the two got to work, Sey managing to drop their health nearly by a full one hundred health.  Itzal prepared himself.  He had been waiting for this for a looooong time.  He activated charge.  He shot forward with far more force than he ever had before and was nearly as fast as Velnia, though not quite as fast.  His blade bathed in lightning as he and Velnia attacked together, releasing Shadow Explosion.  He struck the joint connecting the abdomen to the body which seemed to be their weak point.  The creatures seemed to make an insect like roar combined with a series of clicks from the attack, and the lighting chained among them, paralyzing them all.  The attack had left the creatures bleeding what seemed like glowing lime colored blood.  Itzal turned to Shield and Sey.  "Don't touch the blood!  We don't know what it is or does yet!"  Itzal signaled Velnia who was about to close the entrance but before she could the ants charged into the room and......  Began to destroy the larvae.  Itzal stared in shock but there wasn't much they could do about it.  He glanced at the others.  "I guess we'll just have to trust they know what they're doing." 

ID#  85187  BD:  10

[H:4] Shield HP: 1183/1183 | EP: 104/104 | REG: 54 | BH: 50 | MIT: 134 | THN: 14 | FLA: 16 | TAUNT
[H:1] Sey:  1,060/1,060  <>  97/106
@Itzal:  1,240/1,240  <>  106/124

12+4+2x9=162 dmg to each hornet

Mysterious Hornet 1:  454/700  <2/2 bleed  1/1 paralysis>
Mysterious Hornet 2:  454/700  <2/2 bleed  1/1 paralysis>
Mysterious Hornet 3:  454/700  <2/2 bleed  1/1 paralysis>
Mysterious Hornet 4:  454/700  <2/2 bleed  1/1 paralysis>

Edited by Itzal
Spoiler

+54 HP x 4 - Regen, +50 HP - Battle Healing

Action: Howling

ID# 85189 results:

MOB: 5 + 3 ACC + 1 EVA = 9 - Hit! - 188 DMG - 134 dmg = 54 dmg, Thorns - 14 dmg, Flame Aura - 16 dmg - Nullified by paralyze

[H:8] Shield HP: 1183/1183 | EP: 104/104 | REG: 54 | BH: 50 | MIT: 134 | THN: 14 | FLA: 16 | TAUNT
[H:1] @Sey:  1,060/1,060  <>  97/106
[H:2] Itzal:  1,240/1,240  <>  106/124

Mysterious Hornet 1:  430/700  <1/2 bleed  0/1 paralysis>
Mysterious Hornet 2:  430/700  <1/2 bleed  0/1 paralysis>
Mysterious Hornet 3:  430/700  <1/2 bleed  0/1 paralysis>
Mysterious Hornet 4:  430/700  <1/2 bleed  0/1 paralysis>

Shield shrugged. He was having to do a lot of trusting on this mission, but so far he had not been put into any significant danger as a result of it. He turned his eyes back to the battlefield, but his enemies were down, which left him little to do. He chose to capitalize on his lead in hate, since Itzal had likely closed a bit of that gap with his attack.

"It may be that the brood is infected," he called out, speculating on the actions of the ants. Filling his lungs, he let out an explosive burst of sound that rolled the paralyzed and bleeding insects along the floor. "Looks like the big, scary hornets are in trouble!" he roared, advancing slowly on them while avoiding the viscous blood like Itzal had suggested. "You should probably start running as soon as you're able." The wings of the insects attempted to move, but failed to do so, and Shield sat and waited.

Edited by Shield

Spoiler

ID# 85199 results:

Battle: 10
SA: Forceful Attack - 1x7 - AoE - (14 Energy) - A powerful mid-tier thrusting attack aimed for the enemies chest.
Dmg: 14 x 7 x 1 = 98 Dmg

[H:8] Shield HP: 1183/1183 | EP: 104/104 | REG: 54 | BH: 50 | MIT: 134 | THN: 14 | FLA: 16 | TAUNT
[H:3] Sey:  1,060/1,060  <>  84/106
[H:2] @Itzal:  1,240/1,240  <>  106/124

Mysterious Hornet 1:  332/700  <1/2 bleed  0/1 paralysis>
Mysterious Hornet 2:  332/700  <1/2 bleed  0/1 paralysis>
Mysterious Hornet 3:  332/700  <1/2 bleed  0/1 paralysis>
Mysterious Hornet 4:  332/700  <1/2 bleed  0/1 paralysis>

"Blood that looks as deadly as gamma rays... Oh what fun." He commented as he would look at whatever even is supposed to be that liquid. It made a venom, that was the only thing he could think of. But it was time to refocus. Sey swiped the spear against the ground to cause a small spark to emit from his weaponry. Next, the Forceful strike Sword Art would be triggered to allow the tip to glow in bright blue light. The next second, he charged towards one of the hornets before piercing through it like last time. The rest tried to aid, but he moved his weaponry to line up with all their bodies, each of them meeting his spear with a severe result by the end of it. He slammed the spear against the wall to get all of the hornets off of it. "Hm, seems like they are dropping faster and faster, despite them having what looks to be more health."