{PP-F1} Reevaluating -Raeze, Turnip and myself-

It had been some time since Domarus had went out and went mob grinding.  It was definitely needed, for experience as well as gathering loot and rewards.  Particularly col.  Unfortunately there hadn't been any loot required mobs anywhere in sight.  Frustrated with the disappointing turnout, he sheathed his two handed battle ax Soul Seeker, a black weapon with red designs that pulsed a red glow, and switched his Hopebreaker set, black armor designed to be intimidating with a glowing red visor, with his normal outfit of black t shirt and pants, equipping also a black trinket with deep purple gems that was used for searching.  Rhozarth, his red dragon who was constantly ablaze, landed on Domarus' shoulder, equally as bored and disappointed.  Rhozarth was a familiar that preferred strength over anything else.  He also tended to have a good eye that could get a general read on player's personalities, depending on how well said players kept their true personality secret.  Regardless of how well they did however, Domarus would find the truth in the long run.  One way or another.  He ended combat due to the fact that he wasn't getting any good competition, so he figured he should focus on gathering materials and stocking up in his shop.  Nobody bought at his shop as frequently as they would with shops that sold consumables, but he insisted on maxing out his profession's skill.  Despite the fact that Keres was not here to search with him, he was able to spot a group of materials.  Ingredients for potions as well as metals for his own profession.  Rhozarth took flight and swooped down, grabbing them with his claws and returning to Domarus who inserted them in his inventory.  Keres was remaining at the shop due to her...  State.  Porvós, her familiar, was keeping watch over her, ensuring she didn't kill herself.  After all, when one's powerful addiction is suddenly removed without warning and with no return, there are side effects.

ID#  84625  LD:  20+3=23  +4 MAT   4 Total

@Raeze

Edited by Domarus

An extremely short girl wondered on the very outskirts of town, through a quiet field. She was attempting to search for some decent materials that may help her. Since she was so low a level, she was hoping materials would help her to be able to acquire a slightly better weapon.  The girl didn't appear to be in a hurry, as she moved slowly around keeping her head directed at the ground.  Even though her focus was toward the ground, she still managed to trip into a hole in the grass. Her short form smacking hard into the grass, a small yelp erupting from the girl.

"Owww, how the crap did I even miss that?" She groaned noisily at herself. She rolled onto her back and looked up into the sky. She still couldn't believe that she was here. 'Well I mean, I never left the Town of Beginnings. Crap, anyone I meet now is going to think I'm a scaredy-cat.' She mentally chastised herself, smacking her forehead in the process.

When she laid her hand back down in the grass, she felt something kind of poking out. She rolled onto her knees and began moving the grass around in an attempt to possibly find her first item.

[ID: 84626 LD:20  +1MAT]

Raeze gasped excitedly when she pulled up a small soft wooden block. She quickly stuck it into her side pouch and tried to stand up, her foot catching in another hole and falling down again.

Edited by Raeze

@Raeze

A young man in white starter robes had been watching from within the Town of Beginning's open gates, and he'd been standing there for a very long time. His eyes were just a little puffy, as he'd been crying lately. Just today as he approached the gates he felt that he was ready to put away the tears and start trying to live a decent life in this strange new world. His stomach was rumbling and his back was sore, more than anything his soul was starved for friendship. People came and went but they never looked at him. As he stood at the gates he'd watched the short girl go strolling out. She walked out into the field, reaching the outskirts before falling suddenly. In that moment he gave an order to his legs: "Move!" and swallowing what fear he had of death, he went sprinting out. 

He arrived by the girl's side in short time, soon realizing that she had already found some material in the grass. At first he felt foolish for having run out like this. In another way he felt rather brave for leaving the Town of Beginning's walls for the first time since coming here. Feeling braver yet, he decided to speak. 

"Umm... Are you okay? Nice thing you have there... Do you need help staying up?" 

Everything was going to hell lately.  The potions that Mari had crafted for him had been reduced to pointless liquid that did absolutely nothing for him.  The potions were supposed to make the transforming of other player's personalities far easier, and speed things up.  Now that that option was gone however things would need to be done the long way.  Not only that, but with the new patch, pain dampeners can no longer be turned off, by potion or by one's self.  That was why Keres was in such a depressed state.  She craved pain and torment dearly, and very much enjoyed it when Domarus lashed out on her.  With her addiction completely erased from the digital world she was so fragile and weak minded it was pathetic.  And all of this........  Really didn't bother him at all on any level.  Sure it pissed him off at first, but in truth it was very normal for him to be patient and wait for the opportune moment rather than making the moment come to him, so the issue with potions wasn't much of a bother.  The more pressing issue was Keres.  He would need to deal with her soon enough before she started going out of hand.  Suddenly he heard a soft thud and stopped his walk, turning briefly to see a girl lying on the ground face first.  Personally he really didn't care what happened but he had a reputation he needed to keep clean.  Domarus was about to move over when he saw another player approach the girl.  Domarus watched him as he moved over and saw the boy's eyes, puffy and bloodshot from crying, most likely recently.  When the boy spoke to her he made a silent scoff.  The boy was rather pathetic, but at least the girl was pulling herself together long enough to stand a chance at survival.  And by chance he was thinking five percent.  The boy was hopeless.  He decided to wait for the girl to reply and instead nudged Rhozarth who took flight.  The flaming dragon flew overhead, waiting to see if either noticed him.  Domarus would position himself so it looked like he was approaching them so that if either spotted him he would do just that.  And he would do so with a jolly yet slightly concerned look on his face.  A master of disguise after all.

@Raeze

Raeze looked at the male, her eyes widened in shock, not expecting anyone else to be around. "I'm fine, thank you. Just a little clumsy." She chuckled a little nervously. People normally didn't notice her, she spent most of her time reading the information manuals that were put out for everyone to read. She stood on her own, brushing some stray strands of grass off her baggy pants. "I appreciate the offer though." She looked back up once she had righted herself, finally noticing his red eyes. "A-are you okay? Has something bad happened?"

Raeze saw a figure out of the corner of her eye, causing her attention to be diverted slightly. The person seemed to have seen her fall, and the most recent interaction with the newcomer.

"I've just decided to come out looking for MATS. I need to get some more items so I can get better equipment. I'm so ready to get out of this death game." She growled the last part of her sentence, speaking once again to the boy.

@Raeze

He sniffled back, grinning an unsure, daring grin. "I'm fine," he said, "Still finding my bravery is all." He looked at the ground between his shoes, looking for all the world like a man who has never looked too long into another person's eyes. He steps back. curse my life and all those around me. Why was I born to crave attention but too meek to take it.

@Domarus

Seeing the huge man coming in from the back. This was one more person than the limit he'd allowed himself. What if he was here up kill them? What if they were robbed? Turnip couldn't defend himself, especially against another player. I can't just run now , he thought. 

He let go of the girl, worked up his next smile, and said, "salutations, stranger! Pleasant day, right? And how are you?" He laughed nervously beneath his breath. 

Edited by Turnip-Senpai

Both players had noticed Domarus in the end it seemed, but not Rhozarth.  The flaming familiar had noted this two and the obvious conclusion was that neither of the two players looked up often.  Nonetheless it was time to interact.  Still smiling gently with some concern showing on his face, he approached the two players.  The boy was doing a pitiful job at hiding his obvious terror.  Really, this sight was rather pathetic.  The girl was on her feet now and although see seemed a bit shaken, maybe a little nervous, it was clear she was handling this far better than the boy.  The boy was the first to address him and Domarus refrained from rolling his eyes in annoyance.
     "I'm doing well thank you and yes it is a pleasant day.  I came over to see if you were ok but it looks like someone beat me to it!"  He gave a rather kind and warming chuckle and held his hand out in greeting to the two, offering to shake their hand one at a time.
     "My name is Domarus.  And miss I apologize but I couldn't help but overhear your comment to him as I approached.  If you would like assistance gathering materials I wouldn't mind aiding that help."  He gave a whistle which signaled Rhozarth.  The flaming dragon switched from a glide through the air into a dive, shooting down towards the ground before opening it's wings and stopping it's flight, landing on Domarus' shoulder.  The dragon shifted as it adjusted itself to a more comfortable position.
       "This is Rhozarth by the way.  He may look rough but he won't bite."  Rhozarth spotted some metals and jewels hidden in a bush that Domarus could use to craft items in his shop with and took flight, flying over and piercing the bush, grabbing the materials with his claws as he turned around and flew back towards Domarus, dropping the materials in his hands which he inserted in his inventory.

ID#  84674  LD:  16+3=19  +4 MAT    8 MAT total

@Raeze

Edited by Domarus

The moment the dragon had glided in above Turnip felt his heart leap in his chest. It felt like terror, might have been excitement. What on earth is this man, he wondered, and most importantly, No player deserving to be in the Town of Beginnings would be here. Himself and the lady were outside of town's protective walls. Just standing here looking for materials. He'd better play it cool. Maybe he'd be a good guy. The man's cursor was green, so he hadn't killed anyone yet.

"Yeah, sure. Let's go find some materials... " He found a nearby rock which looked home to any sort of creature of treasure. I have no idea what I'm doing. Squatting, he wriggled both fingers beneath the rock and lifted with his back. 

ID# 84679 results: Battle: 6 Craft: 9 Loot: 14 MOB: 5

With the bulk of his strength, which wasn't very much at all, he managed to lift the boulder out of its nesting in the grass. Once it tumbled over with the exposed contents beneath... Nothing. There was absolutely nothing underneath this boulder. Nothing except worms and wet dirt. Standing up, he sighed. Good first impression, Turnip. 

Edited by Turnip-Senpai

Raeze jumped back a little, having never seen a familiar she was unsure of what to do. In the real world she didn't like animals because of the bugs and dirt they carried. However, 'A dragon couldn't have bugs... could it?' She questioned herself. She smiled brightly at the newcomer with the dragon. "Hello Domarus! I am Raeze, and I would love some help gathering items! I'm seriously new to this, I've been to scared to leave the Town of Beginnings." She chuckled with a little nervousness, reaching a hand up to fidget with her long ponytail.

She called to the cloaked male as he went a little ways away in search for items, "I don't believe you have introduced yourself. What may we call you?" She spoke politely and an easy smile on her face. Her gaze shifted to Domarus as she found her own spot to search. Raeze kneeled down by the knotted roots of a tree, opened her menu and quietly slid on a pair of basic gloves and set forward with digging around the roots.

She looked once more at Domarus, he had an air about him that said not everything was quite as he made it seem. She felt that maybe his happy demeanor wasn't quite genuine. However she continued on her search, 'I'll figure it out eventually.'

[ID: 84686  LD: 12 (+0MAT)  TOTAL: 1MAT]

Raeze sat back on her heels and sighed, nothing. She must have gotten lucky earlier. She stood up and stretched her back, wiping a sweat bead off her forehead.

Edited by Raeze

Domarus watched as the boy vaguely agreed to go find materials by making an attempt to find some underneath a rather large rock.  The result was as Domarus expected.  Wow he thought.  This kid was rather hopeless.  Then the woman spoke up, greeting him as well and offering her name to Domarus.  Indeed she was far more brave than the boy was.  A sad sight Domarus thought.  Raeze was her username eh?  Rather interesting he had to admit.  She mentioned how scared she was and he glanced at her with an encouraging smile.  A shred of it was honest actually.  It wasn't often the players who cowered in the safe zones managed to step out.  Of course they looked like the sorts who would get themselves killed.  

"Don't worry too much.  Unless you hit a quest area or dungeon, most of the mobs on this floor don't attack you unless you attack them.  Gathering materials is a good way to start out."  Then she asked the boy what his name was, which was quite a fair answer.  Domarus watched as Rhozarth took flight, flying around the three and scanning the area for any materials they could use.  The familiar saw two metal ores sitting inside the stone that the boy had upturned and dived towards it, shattering the stone with it's talons and force, grabbing the ores and flying over to Domarus who hand found some plants able to be used for alchemy.  Domarus handed the ingredients to @Raezeand inserted the ores into his inventory.

ID#  84689  LD:  15  Domarus:  10  MAT  Raeze:  3 MAT

Edited by Domarus

Raeze looked up at Domarus, the surprise frozen into her features. "T-thank you!" She wasn't really sure what to say. People never really noticed her due to her size, let alone are nice enough to give her something. "A-are you sure you don't need them? I don't even have a profession yet. I planned to get some materials so I could train hard once I did go on that quest." She looked at him unsure. She put the items in her bag, extremely grateful for his help.

While talking, Raeze moved to the other side of the tree and dug around more in the dirt surrounding the old, knotted roots that protruded out of the ground. She politely awaited the cloaked male's response, patiently allowing him to do his own searching before answering her. She genuinely hoped he was able to find something useful to him.

She was pretty in awe to see the familiar help out it's master with searching for items, however, she admitted to herself that she still probably couldn't have one for herself. She really didn't like animals much, she could tolerate them out of respect for others, but not have one of her own.

Raeze dug her hand underneath a hole in one of the roots, feeling around for a moment.

[ID: 84690  LD: 17  (+1MAT) TOTAL: 4MATS]

Raeze squealed in delight as she pulled a large rusty iron nail out of the hole in the tree root. "AHH! How cool, I found something!"

Edited by Raeze

@Raeze

Turnip chewed on the question for longer than he wanted to. What may we call you? No one had asked him that, nor had he spoken to anyone in what felt like weeks. Was this the beginning of friendship and the end of his loneliness? Stammering, he answered, "My name is Turnip. Just Turnip." He couldn't live with the burden of giving anyone his full name. Turnip-Senpai turned out to be the biggest mistake of his life. It was supposed to be Turnip-Sensei, but he wasn't paying attention during the avatar creation process and got this instead. There wasn't even the chance to change it in here. If he'd known this would have been permanent, or at least if he was going to stay here a while, he would have chosen his real name instead, or at least something not so silly. Silly seemed to be a flaw in his nature.

"And what's your name?" He reached out with an open hand to shake.

@Domarus

There was a twinge in his gut that told him this guy was no good. He probably had an ulterior motive if not to kill them. PK'ing level-1'ers here had no reward except for the thrill of killing, but this man didn't look like that type of killer. He had a lot of questions to ask.

"And by what may I call you?" He reached his left hand out across his right to shake as well. Goodness I'm not even paying attention at this point. "Why are we looking for materials exactly? Shouldn't we be killing monsters?"

Domarus watched as the girl reacted with shock and gratitude.  Either she would leech off of others from now on, or she would-  He didn't finish his thoughts as she pretty much described the other option which was do her own work and earn her way higher.  Domarus looked at her with mild respect for choosing to go about it herself.  However she needed to be informed of some extra information or she would definitely die...  Perhaps, she might turn out strong enough to join him.  He didn't need any more generals, or at least, he hoped he wouldn't need any more.  It would technically depend on what her build was.  He nodded to her.
     "Of course.  I have more than enough at the moment and nobody is coming to my shop lately.  Thus I really don't have much need for them other than stocking up on them."  Finally the boy spoke up and when he mentioned his own name Domarus could not help the silence that stood afterwards.  He was quite...  Shocked to hear such an...  Interesting name such as that.  When he spoke he hid most of the shock in his voice but allowed a small amount to break through.  Perfection was the most suspicious.
     "Well then, Turnip.  Nice to meet you."  Then the player asked him what his name was.  This kid...  His blood was starting to boil the more the boy talked, obviously not paying attention to anything whatsoever.  However he kept his rage down and only showed slight confusion.
     "Um, my name is Domarus as I've informed you two before.  And three things.  The first being that we are gathering materials for Raeze.  The second that materials are used for crafting items, if you have a profession that is, as well as buying materials.  And third, you two are level one.  If you try taking on monsters I guarantee you that the monsters will kill the both of you.  If you intend to fight monsters I suggest getting a party.  Today we should start with gathering materials."  Domarus found some more ingredients which he handed to Raeze and opened his hand with the materials his familiar had found.

ID#  84694  LD:  18+3=21    Domarus:  12 MAT  @Raeze:  6 MAT

Edited by Domarus

Raeze noticed the slight tension building within the group, silently and gratefully took the items, but chose not to make any comments on it. She held herself a little higher, hopefully making herself look somewhat more authoritative. "Well Turnip," She made a quick face stumbling over the odd-ness of it. "I posted a request on the town bulletin for assistance in gathering materials. I am not comfortable going out to battle monsters quite yet. If you would like, I assure you, I will not hold you back." She kept her eyes on him, even though he was taller than she, Raeze made sure she didn't falter so she didn't appear to be backing down.

"Please keep in mind, Boars appear to be the most spawned monster on this floor. Boars are one of the strongest monsters in comparison to our levels." She raised her eyebrows at him to see if he might challenge her knowledge. She continued on very quickly. "With that information, if you would like to venture out. Be my guest. As for me, I will stay right here, happily gathering my materials." She was very irritated by that point. Turnip had said it like, it was wrong for her to just want to gather things. She turned away and walked a few steps away, attempting to calm her frustration. 'Thank you very much! Now I am irritated and don't much feel like being out here.' She ranted in her inner monologue.

The breeze blew up for a moment, and movement and a glimmer of light caught her eye. When she bent down to inspect the item, it turned out to be a piece of plastic wrapper stuck in the grass. Her irritation level increased. Raeze picked up the trash and angrily threw it away in a nearby bin.

[ID: 84695  LD: 1 (+0MATS)  TOTAL: 6MATS]

Edited by Raeze

One eye blinked. Then another. What had just happened to rush all the blood to his head? That pressure turned into a queer smile, an awkward stair. "No - no," he said, "I'd like to stay with you two, if you'll have me... I don't want to go out at it alone... " There was a small shrub nearby, by which after having observed the other two, looked like a good place to find items. He bent over the shrub and pulled. Gardening with strangers who probably thought you were crazy and deaf wasn't so bad. 

As he pulled, he said to @Domarus, "S-sorry about that. It's just... I don't know. It feels like five hours have passed in the last few seconds. It's pretty surreal."

ID# 84696 results: Battle: 8 Craft: 1 Loot: 13 MOB: 4

The shrubbery's roots gave out all at once, spurting pebbles and dirty all over his cloak. There was nothing there. "Oh good grief... "

He looked to the others. "Where exactly is a good place to go looking for materials, because apparently I'm on a different planet right now."

Edited by Turnip-Senpai

Domarus paused and turned to Raeze as she spoke to this....  Turnip.  The manner in which she spoke to him, speaking gently but giving him the message in a subtle way.  And the way she finished it impressed him.  All he did outwardly was raise his eyebrows in minor surprise.  Inwardly he was satisfied at the moment with this.  The girl was showing more strength than most players have shown him and he was definitely more interested in her now than when he first met her.  Even Rhozarth hovered in place to watch her for a bit, also intrigued.  He watched as the boy was breaking under the pressure.  He chuckled to the boy.

"No worries, Turnip.  And you can find materials anywhere.  I've only been getting materials due to an item I have...  And I'd like to go so far as to say that I've been lucky today.  Regardless, if you give up you're going to get nowhere.  You need to just keep trying."  When Turnip wasn't looking he turned to look at Raeze one more time before turning to look for materials again.  Rhozarth hovered in place still looking at Raeze with curiosity before joining Domarus.  Domarus found some more ingredients that they could use and handed them to Raeve, taking materials that Rhozarth found once more.  This time it was dark iron ores and a small ruby.  He inserted them in his inventory and turned to Raeze.
     "Out of curiosity, what build are you shooting for?  Dps?  Tank?  Supporter?"

@Raeze

Edited by Domarus

Raeze kept her distance for some time, letting her frustration work itself away. She hopped from tree root to tree roots not really finding any good places to search. During this time, she looked at the two people who had joined her.

One of which, she was unsure about still. Domarus had a certain air about him, which confused her. He outwardly seemed to be a rather nice person, however, this death game changed people. She had watched guild-mate fight in the middle of town and turn on each other, battling with no holds barred. She planned to keep an eye on him, keep her naturally kind personality, but she decided she would be cautious around him. She called her answer to him @Domarus "I'm going for DPS, with a focus on evasion and regeneration over mitigation."

She turned and glanced at Turnip. He was weak, that was obvious, but so was she. She hoped he would be able to grow and set out and help toward ending this terrible game. Because after all, that should be everyone's final goal. She knew it wasn't that way, but one could always hope.

Her thoughts had brought her to a rather large berry bush, which she found herself sitting beside. She took a moment to unenthusiastically search the bush.

[ID: 84706  LD:10 (+0MATS) TOTAL: 6MATS]

A heavy sigh escaped her lips, with this she was beginning to feel Turnip's feelings. But she refused to let it slow her down. Raeze stood once more in an attempt to find a good looting spot.

Edited by Raeze

Perhaps this guy wasn't so bad, this Domarus. He certainly he seemed like a well-adjusted enough guy, composed and knowledgeable about the world. Perhaps he'd make a good friend. As of now Turnip's friends list was entirely blank. "I'll keep trying," he affirmed Domarus. "We'll make a swell team." He smiled then, a world of confidence than what he had shown before. 

There was another nearby rock, a bit bigger than the previous one though still within means of tackling. This time he squatted to lift with his knees, found the effort vastly kinder on his digital back, and pulled. 

D# 84709 results: Battle: 6 Craft: 3 Loot: 18 MOB: 9

The rock flipped over and Turnip was now the new owner of a T1 turnip. It was as big as his fist and with a shoot of green leaves coming out the top. "A'ha!" he cried out. He rose to present his new prize to his friends. "Behold! I think I finally found my luck!"

Edited by Turnip-Senpai

Domarus listened as the boy seemed to relax a little bit after his words and told Domarus he would try.  At his next comment Domarus mentally scoffed.  No they wouldn't.  The two of them were far too weak.  Raeze would be best as a follower, which was still required.  Domarus already had his inner circle, although he may need to fill in another spot.  Regardless of who was in it however, Turnip would not survive in Domarus' Inner circle.  Rhozarth seemed to think so as well.  He doubted Raeze would either.  Nonetheless he continued his facade of being a gentle man and nodded with a smile.
     "Maybe one day."  He turned his attention to Raeze who seemed to be deliberately move away from the party.  Domarus suspected it might have been because of Turnip but it was also a strong possibility that either it was Domarus, too many players for her liking, or she preferred isolation.  For whatever the reason he wouldn't push her or chase after her.  That would very well hurt his reputation.  Instead he chose to focus on gathering materials and nothing more.  
     "A dps eh?  Well then if that's your goal, I'd suggest getting a partner to fight along side with.  Particularly someone with mitigation skills, or regenerative abilities.  They could tank while you strike from behind.  You'd also need to get your damage maxed out, which I would suggest clearing quests and dungeons for that."  Domarus would not ask her if she wanted his help, she'd be the one to ask for assistance.  Then Turnip cried out, apparently finding his first material.  Domarus nodded with a smile and checked on Rhozarth, noting that his familiar hadn't found any materials this round.

ID#  84797  LD:  7+3=10  Domarus:  12  @Raeze:  6

Edited by Domarus

Having had time to clear and cool her head, Raeze walked back toward the boys once more. "I'll eventually find someone to team up with. Right now I need to get a feel for being out and about. Like I said I've stayed on floor 1 and 2 the entire time we've been in this game." She chose to lean her short frame against a tree, contentedly watching the familiar fly around in search of items. Once again she found herself thinking of her friend. He had been so kind to hold a spot for her to get the game. And not once had she thought to really find him. Then again, she couldn't really bare the thought of finding him on the monument.

A yell pulled her out of her inner thoughts. She looked back toward the ground to see Turnip holding, ironically, a T1 turnip. Raeze chuckled and shook her head. However his excitement was contagious, her smile grew wider as she clapped for him. "Congratulations! Be careful though, it gets kind of addicting." She stepped forward, having her eye on a rock she thought she might find something in, however she felt her boot roll over something. She inspected the foreign feeling, only to see a crumbled rock.

[ID: 84833 LD:14  (+0MATS) TOTAL: 6MAT]

Edited by Raeze