{PP-F1} Reevaluating -Raeze, Turnip and myself-

This was going much better than he'd anticipated. Domarous and Raeze were smiling at him! For once he felt like he actually fit in with people. Maybe one day they'd be friends. Domarous didn't look nearly as dangerous once he was in a good mood, and Raeze looked as peaceful as a dove. 

Then the shock hit him... It was a little scary - frightening, even. He'd had friends before, but they usually ended up hurting him or using him. Turnip didn't want to be hurt again. It might even mean death here. Then there was the continuation - the terror that somebody might know him inside AND out. Turnip needed to leave. He didn't have anywhere to go, so first he needed to lie. He needed to get away, back to the Town of Beginnings. If they really liked him, they'd probably go looking for him or send him a message. That's what real friends did. They looked for you even when you didn't want to be found... 

He put the turnip into his inventory and looked around himself. He said, "I need to head out now, though... I-I I promised to be - to meet with a vendor earlier. Said I needed to be at so-and-so at X time... Right about this time. " His eyes flashed the town gates. "You don't mind if I leave, do you? Of course not... Goodbye!" And without another word he shot off in the direction of the town gates. 

OOC- Turnip has left the thread

Domarus listened as Raeze spoke up, essentially mentioning how she felt she'd stick to soloing for the moment.  How she wished to get a feel for the freedom of escaping the cage of the safe zone.  Upon her next words Domarus turned over to her with an approving smile, though in truth he was just acknowledging that the girl was more stable than most of the cannon fodder out there.

"Hey, floor's one and two are better than nothing.  I know a few players who refuse to leave the first floor's town at all.  Some even stay in the same one hundred feet radius.  Why they don't get over their fear and at least check out the towns on other floors I have no idea."  Rhozarth he noticed was paying a little more attention to Raeze, for reasons of course he could not tell.  Domarus would need to watch at a longer time frame as well as more of her personality to work off of before he could have a clearer idea of what he should do with this woman.  If he decided to use her at all.  Then the player Turnip seemed to switch immediately.  He had appeared to be gaining confidence but suddenly he looked extremely nervous.  The player stuttered as he made some excuse that clearly didn't add up and then dashed for the town.  While Domarus didn't know what the player was thinking, the fact was that there wasn't nearly enough time for the player to consider either of the two his friends yet.  You don't gain friends by seeing someone for a few minutes.  People became friends over time and no other way.  Domarus of course, had only one friend, but he really didn't care.  After the player was gone he turned to Raeze.
     "Well he was an...  Interesting one......  Turnip...  What an odd name to choose."  

ID#  85089  LD:  3+3=6    Domarus:  12  @Raeze:  6

Edited by Domarus

Raeze looked from Turnip to Domarus and back again. Turnip switched so fast it made her head spin. However, she allowed him to leave.

"Interesting is for sure a good way to put it." She replied looking toward Domarus again. "And yeah, its better than some people but then there are many others who have worked their tails off to get to the frontlines. I aspire to work that hard. Someone needs to pay for the deaths that have already happened, and the more that are surely to come."

Raeze noticed the creature watching her a little bit so she took off her glove and held her hand out. "May I see you?" She questioned straight to Rhozarth. She kept steady eye contact and allowed an easy and genuine smile to appear. "I'm harmless, really. You could surely kill me faster than I could do any damage to you. Even though I never would." Raeze laughed softly smiling brighter.

[ID: 85224 LD: 13 (+0MATS) Total: 6MATS]

Edited by Raeze

Domarus observed her as she mentioned how while it was better, it paled in comparison to those who worked hard for the front lines.  He definitely agreed with that, and would honestly like to ignore the lot of them.  However if a player did indeed rise from the weak to become strong, it was his goal to be there and be the first to catch his prize before someone else did.  When she mentioned how someone had to pay for the deaths he nodded.  
     "Kayaba has killed many in this game.  Technically he's killed far more than players who have physically died.  People change when they're held hostage, or the threat of death hangs over them.  Many will leave this game leaving their old selves dead in the past."  Not that this would be an issue of course.  Domarus could care less for those who couldn't survive.  So many people in the world sat on their lazy ***'s all day expecting the world to revolve around them.  It was those people who fell under control of others so easily.  They were the kind Domarus didn't even think about.  Domarus returned to gathering materials when he noticed that Raeze had begun to return Rhozarth's gaze.  Rhozarth, who had seen this beforehand, didn't give her a half look now and instead gave all it's focus and attention on her.  The dragon was always on fire but it's eyes held a stronger flame.  If a person became an expert at seeing the truth through the eyes, they would note that this familiar respected nothing but strength.  Upon hearing her request Domarus raised an eyebrow and glanced at Rhozarth who didn't budge.  When she kept steady eye contact and smiled the familiar still didn't budge.  At her words Domarus laughed lightly.  
     "Well you're accurate on the killing part.  He doesn't fight without reason, but when he does....  He tends to be aggressive."  Domarus turned to Rhozarth who still hadn't moved.  This indeed was an interesting sight.  
     "You have my permission if you wish Rhozarth.  Fair warning Raeze, he's quite heavy."  Rhozarth would wait a little so that the girl would have time to prepare before opening it's wings and pushed itself into the air, gliding over the short distance to the girl's arm and landed on it.  When he did, his front was still directed towards the player and not to the side.  One foot in front of the other.  Rhozarth folded it's wings, showing that it didn't need them open to balance himself out.  In all the actions he took, his gaze did not falter.  While this  occurred, Domarus spotted some materials and picked them up, sending two materials Raeze's way.

ID#  85231  LD:  14+3=17  +4 MAT    Domarus:  14  @Raeze:  8

Edited by Domarus
  • 3 weeks later...

Raeze gasped softly as Rhozarth landed on her arm. His weight nearly toppled her over, even though she was warned. Despite being a very clumsy person, she regained her balance as quickly as she could so as to not scare off the familiar. 'He's really is quite heavy for such a creature,' thinking to herself. She didn't expect him to weigh all that much. 'Ah please don't hate me, I'm sorry I'm clumsy.' She thought after regaining her full balance. She was worried he would fly off and then ignore her because of how lame she is. 'I mean what kind of 17 year old really trips as often as I do. There cant be many. No wonder no one talks to me. I must look like the weakest of weak.'

All this time she keeps her eye contact and smile directed toward Rhozarth. Hoping he would at least like her a little. She had all but forgotten their previous conversation but nodded at the material sent her way, she would gather them once she was done seeing the familiar up very closely. "Thank you, again, Domarus. And I do hope we stay in contact so I can thank you more when I reach the front lines. Because you are one of the reasons I will have made it." She smiles brightly, some true happiness shining through. "I'm very glad I met you." She nods towards him, "Both of you." She directs it towards Rhozarth as well.

@Domarus

Domarus watched as she struggled against his weight despite his warning, working to keep her balance which she did surprisingly fast.  She may be clumsy, but she seemed to have the ability to recover from it swiftly, whereas Domarus was an immovable mountain, and unstoppable force who could not be knocked down.  A rather interesting combination but Domarus wasn't really interested in ideas such as that.  She finally regained her balance and Rhozarth simply stared at her.  The entire time his wings were out a little bit to help him keep perfect balance while she struggled to retrieve it.  Once she was solidified, Rhozarth continued his gaze, looking for any change.  With him being close up she could see more detail on Rhozarth.  His scales were pure red, with flames seeping through the lines.  It seemed that there might be two to three layers of scales in fact.  The horns and spikes were black, but upon closer inspection it would seem as if they were translucent, with the possibility of ruby in the center of them.  It's eyes were hard, sharp and calculative, clearly focused on weaknesses and strengths.  Domarus could see on her face that she had a low self esteem.  This tended to be usual among players who tended to stay in the safe confines of the towns for long periods of time.  
    "I would like that yes.  And there's no need to thank me Raeze, it's no trouble at all.  You will have been the main reason.  You took the first step of leaving the safety of the town."  Upon having received a compliment which he usually didn't get but at the same time didn't really care about, Rhozarth nodded slightly, his gaze beginning to lighten as he was getting an idea about Raeze.  Domarus spotted a few more materials and gathered them, sending two to Raeze.

ID#  85878  LD:  13+3=16  +4 MAT  Domarus:  16  @Raeze:  10

Edited by Domarus

Raeze looked deeply into the dragon's eyes, glinting as if they were made of rubies. She slowly reached her other hand up in motion to 'pet' his scales. They were mesmerizing to her and she very much wanted to feel them. "You are magnificent!" Raeze exclaimed brightly to the dragon keeping balance on her arm. She allowed Rhozarth to fly off if he wished, she wouldn't keep him against his will. 'Ive never had an animal allow me to be this close to them for this long. It's like he's made of fire and jewels. Hes beautiful. But I don't think he would take kindly to being called beautiful.'

"Domarus? How long have you had Rhozarth?" Her deep blue eyes turned to the male. "You both look a lot alike if you think about it. Your red hair and his red. . . well everything." She giggled softly. Raeze shifted the weight from her right hip, to her left shuffling her feet a little.

Raeze nodded toward the items when Domarus tossed them toward her. Acknowledging them and noting a thanks in his direction.

[ID: 85998  LD:2 (+0MATS) TOTAL: 10MATS]

Edited by Raeze

Rhozarth wasn't surprised that she was fascinated by him.  His aggressive and cruel personality during combat was only daunted by his high ego, pride and sense of authority.  Upon her calling him magnificent, Rhozarth felt it fitted perfectly, though he wasn't all too comfortable with her petting him.  He would be a bit rigid during this, but honestly she wouldn't feel the rigidness with all of his scaled armor.  She then positioned herself so that Rhozarth could take off and he did, the air being pushed away by his take off, and flew over to Domarus, landing on his shoulder again and, as usual, holding himself high.  Domarus checked to see how Rhozarth felt about her and what he could tell was that Rhozarth didn't hate her, but that was about it for now.  He returned his attention to Raeze and listened to her question.

"It's been a while but I don't recall the exact date.  I remember the day very clearly though.  Rhozarth proved himself well."  After hearing her comment he laughed lightly along with her but honestly didn't care about the colors.  However appearance was an extremely important part of reputation.

"Yes well, appearance is where we're similar.  Rhozarth tends to be proud."

@Raeze

She smiles brightly at the dragon. "Its okay to be proud sometimes. As long as you don't allow it to over take who you truly are." Her smile grew just a little. "You just gotta stick to your morals." She hit her closed hand into her open palm in determination. Then she turned around to begin searching for more materials. She sneaked a peek at the pair. Domarus had a darker air about him but Raeze didn't want to think that he was a bad person. 'Just maybe hes not as... hm.' she turned back to her searching, 'I'm not so sure he really cares as much about others as he portrays that he does.' Her brow furrows slightly. 'Why would he hide who he truly is?'

[ID: 86103 LD: 5 (+0MATS) Total:10MATS]

With a sigh, she sat back on her heels and wiped a trail of sweat from her forehead. "Well no luck here. I really hope I can get some items eventually to help my precarious situation." A nervous bubble of laughter left her. "Maybe Ill get a little better at this."

@Domarus

Edited by Raeze

Listening to Raeze's words, he couldn't help but think in response to her statement that Rhozarth was the very definition of pride.  He believed more than Domarus did, that strength outweighed everything.  If you weren't very strong he felt you beneath him.  If you were stronger than he was he would bow to your superiority.  As it was, he felt Raeze was below him, in physical strength and in spirit.  
     "Well that's true enough.  It's good to take pride in your work, as it aspires you to become better, but to let it be your whole world can be destructive."  She returned to gathering materials and Domarus would do the same.  As he searched he could feel her gaze remaining on him.  She was still cautious and that, although it made things more difficult on his part, would make her a better follower than others would.  He heard her trying to give a positive look to the situation but the nervous laughter threw him off guard.  Why would she sound nervous?  What on earth was she thinking right now?  Regardless he'd work on it over time.  He picked up a few more materials and handed some of them to Raeze.
     "Practice makes progress my dear.  The more active you are at something, the more skilled you will become.  The less active you are at something, the weaker you are in that area."

ID#  85878  LD:  13+3=16  +4 MAT  Domarus:  18  @Raeze:  12

Edited by Domarus

Raeze nodded thoughtfully at his last statement. "You're right on that point." She looked back at her new spot of searching. It was a small grove of bushes some with thorns. Raze stuck her small leather glove covered hand into the branches and moved things around. A small yelp escaped her when a thorned branch swung out from her hand and struck her across the cheek. She jumped back and touched her cheek, then remembering that there would be no pain to follow, she shook her head and dove back onto the set of bushes. 'This game is so odd. And its hard to get over the instant reaction of waiting for the pain to come. I'm kind of glad though, or I would be hurting all of the time.' She chuckled to herself, the noise floating across the area. She sounded a little odd. Laughing without anything being said before hand.

'I think I'll need to get some gloves that have an enhancement after this, that sounds to be one of my best courses of action.' She nodded to herself. 'I just need to find someone willing to help me out from here.' Raeze looked over at Domarus. 'Maybe he will know a reputable crafter willing to work with me' She glanced down at her worn leather gloves. 'Hopefully not judge me for my odd tendencies.'

[ID: 86323 LD: 9 (+0MATS) Total: 12]

@Domarus

Edited by Raeze

Raeze responded to his words by agreeing with him but after those words she became utterly silent.  After waiting a while he realized he was going to get nothing more out of her from sound so he would observe her secretly.  He heard her yelp and snapped his attention over to her.  He was able to catch the movement of a branch moving back and forth as well as Raze holding her cheek and was able to figure the rest out himself.  Seeing her shake her head and dive into the bushes again he assumed she now recalled the fact that pain is nothing in this game...  At least anymore.  He thought about Keres and her unique cravings, and how she was in an obnoxiously unusable state because her one addiction was stripped from her by the game itself.  He heard her chuckle to herself but this time he couldn't determine what she was thinking as he didn't have too much context to link the thorn incident to whatever humor was in her head at the moment.  
     "You said you wanted to be a dps right?  How do you plan to go about it?  Damage over time?  Damage per second?  And what weapon do you wish to use in that case?"  Domarus scanned the area for materials after he said this but didn't spot anything.  From the looks of it, Rhozarth couldn't either.

ID#  86370  LD:  11+3=14   Domarus:  18  @Raeze:  12

Edited by Domarus
  • 2 weeks later...

Raeze turned her deep blue eyes toward Domarus, her head and upper body turning in the process. "Oh, I'm thinking damage per second. With putting emphasis on evasion instead of mitigation." She smiled hoping she was using proper terminology. "I also want to obtain and level up a stealth skill, along with the gathering skill." She has tried to do research on how she wants to grow within the game with the information that is out there. "Why do you ask?" she tilted her head in question as her eyebrows raised. She didn't mind to tell others her ideas, to see if anyone had some helpful suggestions on things that might work better. 

Then she turned her body back around, her pony tail sliding over her shoulder. She flicked it back and scooted on her knees toward another bush near her. This one, with no thorns and seriously lacking leaves, looked to be maybe a mess up in the programming. She didn't see "dead" plants in the game.

Raeze groaned as she pulled her hands out empty. 'I really need something to help with this. I'm so lame' She dropped her head.

[ID: 86519 LD: 3 (+0MATS) Raeze: 12 @Domarus: 18]

Edited by Raeze

Raeze answered his question fairly straightforward and gave what details he needed, including how she wanted to gain stealth skills.  That was rather interesting.  It seemed that stealth was becoming the rage as of late.  Despite the fact that it's only advantage was against players and not much against entities.  It was much easier to use two handed weapons with heavy armor than to take out enemies one at a time.  Not to mention the stealth only worked at the beginning but who was he to judge?
     "I know two others who also want to master stealth, and I know there's someone who mastered stealth as well.  I never understood why players wanted it but that's not exactly my business either.  Another thing is that you can actually have two handed weapons as well as stealth and evasion.  If you have a two handed weapon, you'll have an additional two points of damage added to your base damage, giving you increased overall damage.  One handed weapons are better for if you want a shield or something.  I don't know why most players choose to have one handed weapons despite that it's weaker against two handed."  After that Raeze asked him why he had asked that question.  It was a good response to his actions but not one that he wasn't prepared for.
     "I've played games a long time and since this game is about life or death, players need to be very cautious of the decisions they make as if they make the wrong one, it could mean their life.  I like to hear what other people are shooting for, whether it's something they want or what Aincrad needs as of now.  And as of now Aincrad needs tanks more than ever."  Domarus failed to find any materials right along Raeze, but it seemed she wasn't handling it as well as he was.  Making her feel better would most likely increase her trust with him.  It would barely be anything but every step, no matter how small, was still a step further, making the progress faster.
     "Don't be too upset about not finding anything.  I mainly find materials due to an item I have.  It enhances my searching abilities by a little.  Besides that I try to keep an eye out for materials any time I can so long as I'm not in combat.  If you take every opportunity to gather materials, then you'll soon find yourself with more and more materials."

ID#  86529  LD:  10+3=13  Domarus:  18  @Raeze:  12

Edited by Domarus

Raeze frowned a little. "I don't think trying to be a tank would be very useful with me. I'm seriously way too small. That's why I am going DPS." She chuckled "I feel heavy armor would weigh me down way too much. I'm already clumsy enough." Her brows knitted together and she chewed on her bottom lip. "And to be honest. I know it sounds odd but I don't care about maxing out my stealth skill to hide really. Its just I need to see if it will help make me not a clumsy." She felt stupid to admit this but she figured if Domarus could handle her germ issue, he could handle her coordination issue. Its a miracle she hasn't died just from not being able to walk on a flat surface without falling.

She shrugged, "I chose one handed curved sword because I plan to use a khopesh, and with the way its shaped, it has the cutting power of an axe and the weight of a sword. The hook allows you to get around shields and trap opponents swords. In theory, it seemed to be my best bet. But only time will tell, I know I have other options if I need to have a plan B."

She moved around again, in search of more items. "I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I like to look for them, but its hard to not get discouraged when you don't find things." A nervous laugh escaped her. 'He probably thinks I was like twelve irl. I sound like a child. I don't even know how to talk to people anymore. I've secluded myself so much it seems.' She spent a lot of her time reading any and all information she could get her hands on so, she found solace in learning rather than being sociable.

[ID:86557 LD: 1 (+0MATS) Total: 12] @Domarus

She pulled at a small tangle of weeds revealing a small knot. When she brushed it off, she discovered a very dead, very old acorn. A shiver ran up her spine as she grimaced and then began to laugh.

Edited by Raeze

He listened to her words and to be frank her first sentence was utterly pointless and held no grounds whatsoever.  Size didn't mean anything.  The game had it's own accuracy system, no matter how small you were you have the same chance of being hit as everyone else.  Domarus just wished that they'd increase the potency of the thorns enhancement.  It was pathetically weak at the moment and even though he sought to deal maximum damage and every little sliver counted, he would much rather deal far more damage with his thorns enhancement.  Especially since it didn't do much to the huge amounts of health players had.  Raeze's second excuse had far more grounds to it.  If she was clumsy, wielding heavy armor would indeed make that more difficult.  Upon her final words Domarus shook his head.
     "I can understand the latter half of your reasons why not to use heavy armor, however from what I've heard and seen from others who use the stealth skill, it doesn't make your body any more stable than it already is.  That's something you'll need to overcome on your own I'm afraid."  She began to explain what weapon she had chosen, and the why behind it.  At first it sounded like a fashion choice, choosing it because it was cool looking like all the other fools out there do.  However it was soon made apparent that she had her own little strategy specifically against shield users, and intended to use it.  Whether it would work or not was yet to be seen, but at least she wasn't completely hopeless.  She might make a fine strategist...  He chuckled.

"Well I doubt you'll get a hold like that on my ax, but it does sound like a decent strategy.  Do you often come up with idea's like this?"  The girl was clearly weak in the social department, but that was something that was easily fixed.  She sounded and appeared young but it was clear she had a mind that could work behind that skull of hers.  Rhozarth, Domarus believed, was right to pick her out.

@Raeze

A sighed passed her lips, "Yeah, I didn't think so. It was worth a shot looking into though." She didn't think the stealth skill would help, but she couldn't help but hope. In response to Domarus' question she shrugged her shoulders. "I dunno really, I mean I like to plan ahead. It helps me remain calm when something changes suddenly. And this game has taught me a lot about gaining as much knowledge as possible before setting anything in stone." She tiled her head a bit, in thought. "I also like to try to account for multiple possibilities to something. But you can never account for everything, no matter how hard you try or how smart you are." She explains. This was something she had learned from her father working as a surgeon, things changed all the time and nothing was set in stone.

She shrugged again, chuckling. "I've never thought about it much. Its just something I do." She smiled and returned to her root searching. She consequently turned up empty handed, another sigh escaping her lips.

[ID:87085 LD: 11 (+0Mats) Total:12 Mats] @Domarus

Edited by Raeze

Raeze was proving to be more and more like him in the aspect that the two rarely took anything on without setting a plan in stone beforehand.  Calculating every possibility, every thought process.  Every possible outcome or goals that matched the foe's personality, as well as alternatives that went against that personality.  Suspecting everything as deception until proven otherwise.  Watching and waiting for events to occur.  It seemed that while she was cautious and prepared, she wasn't as dedicated to this as Domarus was.  Or at least, that is what Domarus suspected.  

"Then in that regard, we are similar.  I too try to be prepared for nearly every outcome.  And while it's impossible to plan something for every outcome, it is possible to safeguard most paths.  I have been able to do so many times before.  The trick is knowing when you are being overcautious is it not?"  There were many reasons this could be an issue, but for Domarus it relied in his facade.  If he chose to be overly cautious, it would show.  That was why he had trained himself to be focused, analytical and calculative.  He watched as Raeze gathered more materials and thought about it.  He wondered if Raeze would be a decent follower, or better yet, a general.  She could be his strategist.  And once he had this girl, that would allow him to create the guild he had been planning out.  However he would still need a great many numbers of players before he reached the position he so desired.  Once he had Wardege in his grasp all he would have to do was message him and he would join the guild.  As of now there was only himself, Aereth and Hidden.  If he could increase the numbers in any way, he would do so. 

ID#  87223  LD:  1  @Raeze

Edited by Domarus

She nodded toward him, "That is true, however, when playing with peoples' lives. Over caution, may sometimes be a good thing." She giggled lightly. "As for me, I tend to be over cautious. Most of the time on accident."  She smiled to the two.

Then changing the subject slightly. "I think we have found most of what we will out here. We are still pretty close to town, so I understand if the pickings are thin." She stood and brushed her trousers off. She swiped the air with her left hand and brought up her menu. She tapped a few things and her gloves returned to her inventory. She stretched out her short limbs and walked closer to Domarus.

"Would you like to continue in a different area? Or would you like to call it a day?" She played with her ponytail, slightly nervous. She didn't want him to think she was trying to get rid of him. She had just begun to notice how neither of them were getting very good results.

However, she was soon distracted by a small object behind Domarus. As she moved around him, her leg caught a small hole, causing her body to wobble. Luckily she caught herself before she actually fell. Once she reached the object she bent to pick it up. It was a small purple flower, something that might be useful since she was thinking of becoming an alchemist.

[ID: 87281 LD: 19 (+1Mat) Total:13 Mats] @Domarus

Edited by Raeze

"Better to be over cautious by accident, than to be caught unprepared.  However I would suggest you turn it into a habit more than accidental chance.  Luck can run out.  At the same time, if you choose to turn it into a skill, I would suggest balancing caution with confidence.  It tends to help one from stepping over the line into paranoia.  It takes time to master but once it's mastered.  Just about nothing will take you by surprise."  Domarus watched as she approached him, messing with her hair.  Either she was a bit fidgety, or she was distracting herself from something either embarrassing, or other unpleasant thoughts.  Since he wouldn't be figuring out her reason, he listened to her and moved on.

"I was thinking the same thing really.  I believe we should call it a day.  If you need any assistance, or would like someone to spend some time with, just message me."  He scanned the area for any last minute materials but he spotted nothing.  Figures.  He'd be needing materials for his shop and crafting, and thus he needed as many as he could get his hands on.  While it wasn't as much as he'd like, he would take these materials.  He turned to Raeze with a smile.

"Remember, anything you need.  Just let me know."

Summary

Domarus - 18 MAT  400 col  2 sp
@Raeze - 13 MAT  400 col  2 sp

Edited by Domarus