[F1 PP] Appletrees and small boars (with Kasier and Nocturn)

Hei was back to floor one after some adventures he had in the higher floors. His Shop had been closed since he had run out of materials to use, which was a bad thing. Finding material was nothing Hei was having fun at, so he combined it with something he had more fun at. - I need to get some more mats, but it's always so boring. I should go for a walk and maybe some swimming in the small lake where I met Saphira - he thought and left the town towards the lakes.

The sun was high in the sky and it was warm, as it always was. Hei was wearing his black cloak with the big eye on the hood, as it enhanced his senses and so he would be able to find more loot, but it was getting really warm under the hood, so he pulled it back, so that his black hair was visible. A small breeze went through his hair and ruffled them, but it felt pleasant, as it cooled down his body a little. While walking towards the lake Hei started looking for some materials, as he had learned, that one can find them nearly everywhere in this game, and his master was right, as id did not take long, until he found a tuft of cotton flowers he quickly gathered.

Spoiler

ID# 84784
Loot: 16+3 = 19 -> found T1 mat

+1 T1 Material found

@Kasier @Nocturn

Edited by Hei

ID: 84790
LD: 3

"The Town of Beginnings" - where most of the population of Swords Art Online resides in. This is the iconic image that most people who do not play the game think of when they hear the words: Sword Art Online. It's always festive and cheerful in this place, unlike quite a few other floors. Sometimes, Kasier would spend the entire day sitting on the top of a rooftop and admire the festivity and activity of the first floor. As Kasier grew higher and higher in level, she realized that the higher one goes, the less willing they are to work harder and grow even more. It was a trend that she recognized and it was something that she, too, suffered from. Kasier sighed, pulling out a piece of bread that was left in her inventory from a while back and beginning to chew on it as she dropped down from the low ceiling onto the ground. I'll waste my time looking at people later. Today's not the day for it though. She thought to herself.

Soon, Kasier made her way to the outside of the safe zone. She exited it at the exactly same location that she had first left the safe zone when she became an active player. It sure brought back memories - some bad and some good. I sure have changed, Kasier reminisced, it sure has been a while. Looking into the distance, Kasier recognized a lake that she hadn't seen for a long time. As she reached the lake, she scanned the area to realize that there was someone in the distance, someone in the cotton fields, carefully picking up a patch of cotton to add a material to his inventory. Been a while since I went material searching. Brings back memories of tier one. She thought, grinning. 

@Nocturn

Edited by Kasier

Noct teleported back from the fourth floor. It's cold wind and freezing temperature preventing him from exploring it further. perhaps more exploring would grant him the jacket he was wanting. He opened his menu and looked at his crafting ability. It held all of the information he needed, including the evasion stat he wanted to boost so desperately. But it would take him such a long time to get to that level. He sighed, and closed his menu. The sounds of the crowd washed over him. 'Look at that guy, he's pretty cute.' 'Think we should we picnic at the lake tomorrow?' No way I'm paying that much!' Hundreds of voices all bustling together in a community. But it was somewhat hot out, perhaps that lake he heard about wasn't a bad idea. He checked his map, looking for the body of water on his map and made a heading.

The lake glistened in the horizon as noct approached his destination. The sun's rays reflected off the lake, and only a few others were around the lake. A few swimming, others trying to fish, and some just loitering around. A few hung around the lake's exterior, gathering materials it seemed. Noct took the time and walked over to the lake's edge, and sitting down. He wanted to do something, but what he didn't know. He would relax in the water, but he had no swimsuit. He'd fish, but he didn't have the skill, or the profession to make it worthwhile. He'd go material gathering but he didn't want to impose to the players already searching.

Hei was still searching for material, as he had been lucky enough to find some right after leaving town. So he went on, looking at every plant in closer proximity and the first three or four of the cotton flowers had already been harvested. There was no cotton left, just the leaves and what once where flowers. But Hei would not give up so fast, so he walked further away and finally found some plants that had not been harvested. He plucked some cotton of them, until he had enough for crafting.

Spoiler

ID# 85399
Loot: 13+3 = 16 -> found T1 mat

After that he went over to the lake, where he found an unexpected amount of players, as he normally was all alone over here, but that would not stop him from swimming, so he quickly unequipped his spear and Armour and his cloak, so he now was nearly naked, only wearing bathing pants and the black chain with the dragon's eye hanging from it. When he entered the water it was as cold as he remembered and a shudder went down his spine. "Wha, soo cold" he murmured quietly, but instead of stepping back he jumped into the cold wet. He swam a few rounds through the lake, until he reached another point, on which he left it. Close to him there was a player, sitting and looking as if he wasn't sure what to do, so Hei went over to him and approached him.

"Hello, my name is Hei, but you surly know, as I am a well known gaming journalist. What are you doing here, just sitting around? There must be something better to do."

+1 T1 mat -> 2 T1 mats found

Edited by Hei

Kasier kept her eyes on the man who had been picking cotton and kept a tight glance on him, using her eyes to follow the movement of the black-haired man. He had gone over to talk to yet another player and the two seemed unacquainted from what she can tell in the distance. The two players seemed quite occupied with talking to each other so she would not interrupt the two, instead, she would wait for their introduction to be over before approaching the two players and adding a few more names to the players that she had become acquainted with. This game was a death game, so the players should be trying their hardest to work together with other players and get along with people. Yes, she had changed, but this change was different from the original change. Beforehand, she had suffered from the pain of killing. Now, she had benefitted from the love of other players around her. Each day, she feels that she was beginning to turn back to her old self and the more she interacted with other players, the more she felt herself changing. Sure, she'll never go back to who she was in the beginning of the game, and she will never want to, either. Back then, she had been weak, but now she was stronger than ever - and she liked it. She liked being able to go out of the safe zones with a confidence of survival and she likes being able to help low-leveled players occasionally with a few quests and things of the such. Soon, she'll be on the front lines, helping everyone in Aincrad.

So, Kasier stood close to the two people engaged in a conversation with her hands placed on her waist and her back turned facing the sun to reduce any sunlight that might cause discomfort to her.

@Nocturn

Noct picked up a smooth stone from beside him, and tempted flicking it against the lake's sheen surface. He rolled the stone in betwixt his fingers, mulling over the thought. He set the stone down, deciding against it. After all, there were people in the lake and people fishing in it as well. Last thing he wanted to do was cause an issue between him and someone else. He had heard the man coming, as he made no attempt to hide himself, and Noct looked up at him. He introduced himself as 'Hei', and that he was some sort of video game journalist. Noct mulled the name around in his mind for a second. "I know you. I've read your reviews in some chat rooms before." Noct said, recognizing the man's name. But Noct though about how he would recognize a journalist, when all they did was write things? Perhaps he had a magazine with his face on the in cover, like a book? "And as for your question. I heard about this lake earlier today, and thought it would be a good idea to relax some. I've been doing, odd jobs as of late and those can get tiring quickly." noct said, remembering the last time he went out on a mission with Piera.

When Hei heard, that Nocturn actually knew him, he wasn't able to hide a grin. Even though he thought of himself, that he was a well known gaming journalist, he hadn't been to long in Japan, and so he wasn't as famous as he was over in the US. - Nice to know, that there are people here, that read what I write - he thought, but he wasn't able to have more thoughts about that, as Nocturn shortly after continued talking, answering his second question. Hei was a little surprised, that someone would actually come out here, just to relax. He always was using his little walks and his daily swim to search for material. "Nice to hear that people still can learn new things every day, and that there are still people that can enjoy the game. If you want to relax, you should take a swim. The water is wonderful cold and refreshing. " Hei said, then looked down his body and realized that he was not wearing much. When he looked back up, he saw, that there was a third person close to them. It was a woman, but he couldn't make out any details, as she was a silhouette against the sun.

Hei quickly opened the menu and chose some of his equipment (the black armour and the black cloak with the red eye on the hood) that he equipped. Then he once again looked over to the woman, and beckoned her over. When she would come over, he would slightly bow and great her. "Hi there, my name is Hei, of the <Emerald Harbingers>. How have I earned the honour of meeting such a beautiful woman?" and ended this formal greeting with a wink and a smile.

One of the black-haired characters made a motion, indicating that the time was good for her to walk over. However, when she did walk over, she was greeted by a quite a disgusting passage of speech. She did not know whether the man was attempting to flirt with her or it was just her personality so she decided that she will just go along with it for now as she didn't see a point of announcing that she was be married soon enough. Besides, if she got all defensive, that would be quite weird to the people she wanted to interact with. "My name is Kasier of the Celestial Ascendants. It's actually not that hard to meet such beautiful woman in this game. In fact, I've been strolling on this floor for quite a while now. It's not that hard to see me around." Kasier exclaimed, her eyebrows twisting a bit as she said that sentence in humor to rebuttal the man's approach during the introduction. Kasier had never liked flirtatious guys and that stands even today... Actually, especially at the present time. There should only be one person who should approach her in this way and that person is not here at the moment.

Kasier looked over to the man standing just beside Hei. "And you are?" Kasier asked, wanting to get to know more and more people now that she had become stronger as a player.

@Nocturn

Noct noticed the man's smile, and returned one of his own. Noct racked his brain for a moment thinking more of what he heard about the man in front of him. He knew he was American, and that SAO was only just released in Japan. So, what was he doing in Japan? Noct was about to ask, but before he could Hei switched clothing. Black robes with a red eye. Ominous to say the least. But the reason as to why he did so was quite apparent as Noct turned his head. Looking up he could see a woman with  blonde hair, making her way towards them. Hei introduced himself with the tact of someone who read to many mangas, which to his surprise didn't visually upset the woman. But, her words that followed confirmed that she had been. Noct stood up, brushing the grass from his backside. "I'm Nocturn. A pleasure to meet you Madame Kaiser." Noct said, trying to be respectful. He had heard about the Celestials from passing word from other players. He even had thoughts about joining, and the last thing he wanted was shakey relations with one of thier members.

(Please excuse the phone post, it tried to correct Hei to Get ALOT.)

@Hei

When Hei got Kasier's response, he was sure, that what he had said had not been what he should have said. He had wanted to compliment her and also introduce himself, but she sounded a little like the girls in high school had, when he and his friend had tried to flirt with them. - No matter where I am, it seems, that I just can't handle the words with which I talk to women. And as it was in the USA, it mostly is the new language that makes me sound weird. But I can't change that now, so let's think about what to say next. - he thought, while watching her and the guy, who just told that his name was Nocturn. - She said she was from a guild, the Celestials, but I have never heard of them, but I wasn't a guild type before I met Stryder and Atzo, so that doesn't have to mean anything. -
Hei turned back to Kasier "Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, as it seems I might have offended you. Japanese isn't my native language and I am not a master with words by now. And of course you are right, there are many good looking women in this game, and I believe you, when you say you are on this floor for quite a while, but I hadn't met you before." to ensure his will to apologize he lightly bowed towards her.

(OOC: Sorry for taking so long to respond, last week had been a little rough)

This Nocturn character was quite polite - an obvious sign of class. Although she was not exactly one for formality. She had never really lived in a condition of such wealth and power to be addressed with titles such as "madame", although she does not mind it as she quite enjoyed it when she was called that. Kasier nodded her head to Nocturn, acknowledging his introduction before replying with a few quick words, "Nice to meet you as well." 

Kasier then looked over at the other black-haired man who did not quite make such a good first impression with her. Although, first impressions are incorrect most of the time. Now that she observed the two players, it seemed that they looked rather similar. Perhaps it was simply the black hair that they shared but their eyes were of similar dark color and both of their chins were to the side of being pointy. Their hair was unique as well and they could definitely pass as being brothers. "You aren't the only one who has not mastered the art of speaking in this game. I don't mind, I was just joking after all. Although you might want to start speaking your native language since I'm pretty sure that this game has a translation feature. I think, at least."

@Nocturn @Hei

Edited by Kasier
  • 4 weeks later...

"Oh, well, that's pretty nice to know, thanks already for teaching me something I didn't know about the game Kasier." Hei replied to her telling him, that there was a translation function and he could have talked in his native language the whole time, instead of speaking the bad Japanese of one, who had just begun learning the language. To be sure she had told the truth he opened his menu and looked it up, and there really was a translator in the game. - nice, that should increase my ability to talk my way out and also get information quite well - he thought. As he had already opened up his menu he opened the inspection panel, to have a look at Kasier's equipment and stats, just to realise, that she was a high level player, maybe even a frontliner. - Wow, she is strong, so her guild should be strong too. But I wonder why she is down here a lot, as she has just told me. But I can't ask her about that, as it would be rude to do so - 

After closing his menu he looked at both of them and asked "So, as we already introduced ourselves, how about doing something out here? There must be a better way of wasting time than walking around the floor alone."

OOC: In case some of my phrasing is bad, it's because I'm not a native speaker, but Hei should be good at talking, at least from now on, as he uses the translator. I hope that is not a problem.