[PP-F12] <<Lord of the Seas>> (Seul)

Kasier had heard rumors that lightning had been striking the swamps of the twelveth floor recently and the cause for this was a creature that was extremely dangerous and capable of dealing great damage and harm. Now, the twelveth floor was a floor that Kasier would not want to go or had the ability to go a few weeks before but now she was confident. She had the ability to reach that floor and although she can't do much on her own, she wanted to see what this boss is like. What it is capable of and exactly how intimidating mobs above the first ten floors were. So, without a second of hesitation, Kasier equipped her heavy armor and put her shield on her back, ready to enter combat at any time before she walked into the teleportation zone to be teleported to the twelveth floor. 

"Geez." She said, noticing the rain that was coming down upon the players,  "There's a chance I get hit by lightning right now,"  She nervously joked, wondering if that could actually happen... For the players to be struck down by lightening. It wouldn't exactly be painful as that does not exist in this game but the damage would surely be dealt and no one wants that. Kasier walked to the center of the town and posted a notice signaling for players to come and talk to her inside a nearby cafe if they were interested in taking down this creature that was causing trouble to NPCs and players alike. "I hope someone else is willing to come. The reward for defeating this monster will surely be great as it's such a dangerous one." She said to herself, sitting down in the cafe. Perhaps the most dangerous one I've faced so far. 

@Seul

“Rain again…?”

The drops hit him softly as they fell from the cloudy sky above. It was times like these when Seul most questioned his taste in floors. For as far as the eye could see it was literally just a swampy wasteland, but for whatever reason he found himself at ease in this particular. Not many people tended to visit this floor ever since the higher ones were cleared but few still came every now and then to challenge the quest boss that lurked in the murky depths a good distance away from the main settlement.

He couldn't remember how many times he had killed the creature over the last few months, but the task had become a relatively simple one now. Thus here he was, stationed just outside the town’s gate with his back pressed against a rock. He would watch for any passing players that dared to leave the safe zone and offer his assistance… For a modest fee of course. Being a third tier player now placed his skills slightly higher than the norm on these floors after all so he figured partying up had to be worth something.

Kasier waited for approximately one hour and when she realized that no one was going to come, she stood up in frustration before sitting back down really quick when she noticed the gaze of a few NPCs around the cafe. No one. She thought, her face in her palm,  I guess that's how it is. Most people have either already done this quest or do not have the ability to do this quest. She thought, sitting there to ponder what she will do for the rest of the day. There was no way that she can complete this quest on her own without a damage dealer. After all, she was simply a healer with a few tanking abilities. She cannot handle a sea monster as grand as the quest provides the players with. Finally, after debating on whether to return to the first floor and spend some time with people or to go material gathering on this floor and to be fair, she was definitely in need of more materials. How can one not need materials? There is never too much of them.

Kasier stood up, waved at the waiter who looked at her in confusion wondering exactly why she had not ordered anything before she walked out of the door and toward the end of the safe zone. She had not expected anyone to be there as this floor was not very populated but there he was, a black-haired man with... An orange cursor. "Player killer," Kasier said, instinctively as she got closer and closer until she stopped right at the edge of the safe zone. "Isn't it quite dangerous to stand out here by yourself as a player killer? Right in front of the safe zone as well. Anyone can simply stroll by and kill you with a blade." Kasier said, wondering how someone can live down the fact that he killed someone and how they can live with the thought that any player can kill them if they are found. The life of danger. Only the wicked can possibly live a life such as this one.

@Seul

Edited by Kasier

Amid the pitter-patter of rain a new sound emerged; the voice of a woman calling out to him. He'd would have been lying if he said he wasn't surprised. Most players tended to avoid him for some reason these days. Whatever happiness there was surrounding the interaction quickly faded though as his gaze rose to meet hers.

Not one for taking chances he assumed considering the distance between them. Why go out of her way to approach him in the first place then? Only to pretend she was concerned for his well-being? Seul just didn't understand people sometimes.

“I guess it might be.” He said with a shrug. “At the very least I welcome people to try killing me if they have a death wish. Though, I will also say anyone who's brave enough to attack a guy that’s just minding his own business is the real threat you should be watching out for; not me just because I happen to be labeled as a murderer.”

Edited by Seul

"Well, you happen to be labeled for a reason, right? The consequence of killing a player in this game is to be hunted and marked down. Seems like quite a reasonable exchange to me. Of course, some players become player killers, not through the actual intent of killing someone." Kasier carried on the conversation. If he was safe enough to be around, she can surely ask him for a favor and help on the quest. He seemed exceptionally confident about his abilities if he was simply standing outside of the safe zone on an intermediate floor. There were strong people among these floors, players capable of one-shotting lots of things. "So, what is your reason for being a player killer? Is it through self-defense or murderous intent?" She asked, trying her hardest to not sound hostile or offensive. On this floor, she was not powerful. Her damage output of one was incapable of dealing any damage to anyone who might threaten her and her damage mitigation will not be enough to absorb a majority of a powerful player's best attack. If she was to be attacked by the player, she would definitely be the one dead at the end of the exchange. Although, I do have a teleportation crystal if I do want to step out. I doubt he can one-shot me. Kasier thought although she would prefer not to take the risk and her reaction to seeing a player killer is definitely normal in a death game such as this. One mistake can end her life and a who knows whether a player killer will kill another player?

@Seul

“Probably both.”

It wasn’t like he owed her any explanations. She was just some strange girl who happened to be passing by. Still, being rude wasn’t going to help his “not all pkers are dangerous” case.

“A guy was threatening my life so I took his. Apparently he wasn’t working alone, but I haven’t had anyone else try to pull some stunt like that again. It hasn’t been easy, of course. I haven’t even been able to see the girl I met while back since I’m not sure if they’ll start targeting too. Also don’t want her to look at me differently now... She's too good to be wrapped up in a shitty situation like this so, even if it hurts, keeping her safe comes first.”

It was somewhat relieving to get it all off his chest. No one else really knew the severity of the predicament, so to share the burden with another person was liberating for Seul’s mind. He wanted to say more, but was cut off by the crackling of thunder in the distance. A bolt of lighting touched down with the ground just before and the brewing storm only seemed to be getting worse.

“Nice chatting with you, but I have to watch out for any parties that might be looking to take out the field boss.”

@Kasier

Edited by Seul

"Killing in self-defense. Seems like a justified reason. And sorry about the girl." Kasier said simply as she stood there for a few minutes in dead silence after being interrupted by a sudden strike of lightning. Although she knew the man could possibly be lying, she had a strange feeling that he wasn't. No one would lie about something like this. A lot of deadly player killers who go around killing for fun is proud of what they did and most actually won't even hide the fact that they've killed many players with cold intent. Kasier was about to speak again when he bid goodbye by saying he needed to look out for the anyone that could be looking to defeat the field boss. "Well, we've got a party right here." She said, stepping out of the safe zone. "I'm looking to defeat this field boss. My name is Kasier. I'm a tank and healer. Why don't you come with me? I will need the assistance and I am interested in hearing more of your story." Kasier said. Everyone has a story... Everyone has experiences that can be learned from. Through the exchange of stories, players become more able to communicate with each other and more able to understand other players. Stories are able to bring upon emotion and everyone's unique story is what truly shapes a person. That is why someone's story and experiences are so important... Because it shapes who he or she is. "Let's start walking, then." She exclaimed confidently, beginning to walk without waiting to hear a word of acceptance from the black-haired player killer. 

@Seul