[PP-F21] Digging in the Mines <<Katana Retrieval>> (Aereth)

Hikoru watched as the boy prepared for the hit, and he knew that he knew, that there was no way of finding him. He had become more of a DPS than a scout, and his scouting abilities weren't up to par compared to the other players that he had met in his travels. He moved in quickly, using his <Charge> Along with his <Sneak Attack> mod and landing onto him, striking, jumping up into a cavern above, then jumping back down rapidly, seemingly coming from nowhere all at once. He landed on the ground, picking up dust and dirt from the area beneath his feet as he landed with his dagger in hand. He waited for the dust to settle before moving, getting into a defensive position and waiting for an attack. He knew that the boy was fluent in Martial arts, so he was expecting to get a few punches today. He prepared for the worst and hoped for the best.

ID: 85576

BD: 5+3-3=5 (Disregarded Due to Sneak Attack)

Hikoru used Swarm: 14x16+4=20= 280x1.15= 322-48=274 Damage to Aereth

Hikoru: 1295/1295 MIT: 66
@Aereth: 546/820 MIT: 48

Seeing his health bar drop so fast, caused Aereth to grunt. He hated it to be outclassed in such a way. But he also knew when it was time to strike for himself. Hikoru's special sneak attack was just a one trick pony, because it could only be used at the beginning of a fight. That much Aereth was able to get to know from his time with the Celestials. 

As soon as Hikoru tried to retreat, Aereth followed him and started to dish out punches and kicks towards the black haired man. Unfortunately the player was able to dodge everything Aereth tried to hit him with. He even drew the sword on his back in order to try and catch him off guard, but it was futile. At the end of the first clash, Aereth was almost down to half of his health, and Hikoru simply took some burn damage from his unique enhancement. "Frustrating, but who am I kidding..." he thought and rose his still drawn blade in front of him in a defensive manner.

ID# 85691 results:
Battle: 3+3-3, MISS
Damage: 10 (Flame Aura) = 10 DMG

Aereth used All Might

@Hikoru: 1285/1295 MIT: 66
Aereth: 546/820 MIT: 48

Hikoru dodged every single attack that came at him. He went for punches and kicks, and he dodged easily, parrying with some attacks with the dull side of his dagger, redirecting the attacks away from him. He gave him a moment, then moved quickly, slicing and slashing quickly and efficiently until he brought him to over half of his health depleted. He let out a sigh and sheathed his dagger, knowing that he had won. He let out a small sigh as he turned to him, giving a nod.

"Nice attacks. I'm just a bit faster than you might have expected. Your form is good, keep it up." He said, giving him a positive look on the loss. He had lost to Oikawa, the Para-King a long time ago. He learned from that experience and became stronger, and now he hoped that he could have that same experience with Aereth. He let out a small sigh and waited to see what would happen next, hoping that the boy would take some learning from this experience.

ID: 85694

BD: 8+3-3=8 Hit!

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 13x1=13x16= 208-48= 160 Damage to Aereth

Hikoru: 1285/1295 MIT: 66
@Aereth: 386/820 MIT: 48

Ten points of actual damage. That was everything Aereth was able to inflict to the insanely strong front liner. Hikoru's attacks came so insanely fast Aereth hadn't even the time to do anything in return to the black haired player. Sheathing his sword and getting out of his battle stance, Aereth knew that he still had a long way to go until he would be able to put on a serious fight with that player. He was by no means happy about the outcome of that battle, but he still was a man of his word and thus opened up his inventory and sent eight of the newly discovered tier three materials over to Hik. "Here, take them. You've earned them." Aereth said, and added a small. "Kinda." at the end of the sentence with a dark grin. To be honest, Aereth was kind of p*ssed that Hik was able to kick his a** this easily, but Aereth would work hard, to avoid getting his a** kicked this hard in their next spar. "Next time you won't have such an easy spar. I intend on dealing actual damage to you the next time." Aereth said while laughing and putting his hands into his pockets.

@Hikoru

Hikoru gave a chuckle and took the materials. He had kicked his rear end, and he still had a sense of humour, but he still sensed a bit of hostility. He let out a sigh and placed a hand on Aereth's shoulder, shaking his head as he said it wouldnt be an "easy spar." He just gave a small chuckle.

"You think this was easy? The only reason I was able to beat you so easily, is because I have a unique skill, and I used my dagger. That plus my higher level makes it extemely difficult for anyone to really be able to beat me..." Then he gave a chuckle. "Next to Zandra, who can heal whatever damage I deal, then easily attack me with that axe of hers..." he said with a small sigh. He gave a small. "You are very strong for where you are, dont doubt your strength. We both have our strengths and weaknesses, and mine is those damn healers.." He said with a small sigh, then gave him a small, but genuine smile. "Keep going and get stronger. Trust me, it wont take you long to get to the level that i'm at now."

Ten points of actual damage. That was all the damage Aereth was able to deal to the front liner. Next time however, this wouldn't be the same. Aereth would train and work hard until he was finally where he wants to be in this game. 

Aereth simply nodded to the statement of Hikoru, and continued to listen what the cloaked master of shadows had to say to him. "Thanks for the compliment. I really appreciate it. And I'll be working hard to put up an interesting fight in the future." After that, his eyes flickered for a brief moment, and he found another set of four ores on the ground beneath them, hidden under a layer of loose rocks. Picking them up Aereth replied. "If that certain player heals all the damage you deal to her just double your fire power. Two players get the job faster done than only one." Aereth didn't care how he got rid of players as long as it worked. And if he couldn't take down something by himself alone... Well, lets say there's always a way to cut someone down...

ID# 86053 results:
Loot: 18+5

Materials: 16-8(Given to @Hikoru)+4

• 3 weeks later...

Hikoru gave a nod as he said that he planned to give a better fight, and he just chuckled. He couldn't wait for that day, he always loved a good challenge. He gave a sigh as Aereth suggested using another player to beat Zandra. He shook his head as he accepted the materials. He knew that what he had just said wasn't a fair fight, and wouldn't be legal in a half-loss duel, or even a full loss duel by his standards. He just shook his head once more and gave another sigh.

"That's wrong in the way of battle. The honest way is one on one. Even though I may fight from the shadows, I would never cheat in a battle to win. I would rather win by my own blade than have the help of another in a duel of any kind, even if it meant the loss of my own life. I'd rather die with honor than win as a cheater." He said. He knew that Aereth probably wouldn't agree, but that is what he believed. Even if his Unique Skill called for him to attack and bend the shadows to his will, he would fight with honor with these skills. Although, it was difficult in some instances.

Pride, honor. F*ck that sh*t. Aereth didn't fight because he wanted to have a fun battle with somebody. When Aereth fought, he fought to kill. Aereth preferred to be a called a living coward, than a honorable dead man. But Aereth simply shook his head. He didn't want to convince the man that his style of fighting was wrong. He got his ass kicked by this honorable fighting style after all. But if Hikoru wanted to fight this way, then so be it. "I understand that way of thinking, and in friendly spars this might work perfectly, but I'm kinda different on that matter." As long as the job gets done, it doesn't matter how it gets done.

"Soooo. Are you planning on grandmastering the Katana? Or are you just using it in combination with your unique skill to get a damage boost?" Aereth asked curiously and tried to find some more materials on the way.

ID# 86467 results:
Loot: 4+5

Materials: 12

@Hikoru

Hikoru nodded as the boy said that he preferred a different way of fighting, and he only sighed. The orange cursor above his head was evident of that, and he knew that the boy probably preferred to kill over a friendly duel. He just sighed and perked his head up when he was asked if he would be grandmastering the katana. He unsheathed the bulky weapon and looked at it for a moment, then curved it to the side so the edge was facing the neck of Aereth

"The thing with weapons is, they affect your base damage." He said. He opened his HUD up while lowering the blade to his side. "If I look at my stats now, my Base damage is 14 with it." He said, then grabbed his dagger and held it out "But with my dagger, my base damage is 16. It would make much more sense for me to use my dagger, since it has a stronger attack than my katana at this moment." He said, then sheathed both his Dagger and his Katana. "The only way Katana is going to be useful to me is if I Grandmaster it, getting the maximum damage out of it and making it a much more useable weapon compared to my Dagger." He said, hoping that his explanation would help.

Just now Aereth realized how stupid his question just sounded. Of course he would need to GM the weapon if he wanted to generate the maximal damage from using it. Mentally facepalming, Aereth rose his hands in front of him and apologized. "Sorry for being stupid. Seems like my brain decided to shut down for a moment. Yeah, I understand now. You don't get the bonus damage from the five ranks if you don't grand master it. And why would you bother going up here grabbing a new weapon if you didn't intend to use it at some point..." Sighing at his own stupidity, Aereth scanned the area for some more materials.

After once again finding nothing, Aereth turned over to Hik with a more serious face. "I'm sorry about what I'm going to ask you, but I that question was in the back of my mind ever since you entered my shop for your new armor. Do you have any idea what Ariel wants to do? I've heard from some players that she's plotting some not so good things... And I figured since you have to know her better than anyone else...." he paused. "You know what, forget what I just said. I'm sorry, and I didn't want to overstep any boundaries..."

@Hikoru

ID# 86473 results:
Loot: 5+5

Materials: 12

• 1 month later...

Hikoru listened curiously. Although he didn't want to speak of it, any information he had on Ariel would be of no use to him. He honestly didn't know anything and that would be useful to him. He said he was overstepping boundaries, and he just held a hand up to stop him

"You would have the right to know if I knew anything. I trust you, and you have proved that. I know no information of her plans, we don't talk a lot nowadays for obvious reasons..." He said, then eyed Aereth "But she's not the only one planning some things.... And you may be just the kind of player I'm looking for..." He said, a look in his eyes that seemed devious, plotting, and mischevious. He had a plan that he had been forming for awhile, and now he felt it time to start it, and he thought that Aereth would be a good candidate to be the start of something dangerous, and something that he could use for the benefit of those in the group.

His eyes shone in a faint red for a little moment as he continued his search for some more materials. Only some moments later another set was spotted and stored away into his inventory.

"Yeah, I can imagine. Must have been some rough months after finding out about all the stuff... Believe me, I can relate more than you think. But still thanks for answering the question, though. And I'm glad that I managed to gain your trust." Aereth said while putting a hand on the shoulder of his friend and listening to his last comment. "Oh really? And what could it be that you would need a player like me for?" Aereth asked, his curiosity getting the better of him. Was Hikoru trying open some kind of PKKer guild of sorts? Well, the brunette would get to know as soon as Hikoru would decide to answer his question.

@Hikoru

ID# 88184 results:
Loot: 11+5

Materials: 12+4 = 16

• 5 months later...