[PP-F1] Battering Boars <<RGQ>> (Vigilon, Wardege, Winik, Gryas, Yzjdriel, Raeze)

Vigilon was walking in the Town Of Beginnings, near the safe zone's edge, with the fields nearby and the hills on the horizon. Veriost woke up from her nap, and yawned. "Lucky for you, you just slept through a very boring day so far." It was still in the afternoon, and Vigilon had spent the morning trying to plan or think about the future. Not much luck on that one, and now he was pretty bored, but that would change pretty soon. Veriost noticed something off to the side, and began tugging at Vigilon's ear. "Agh, Veriost, what is it?" Vigilon walked over to the safe zone's edge, where two NPC's at the opening of the city's wall seemed a bit weakened. "If it keeps going like this, they might actually break through. They normally aren't this aggressive, though..." "Something wrong?" "Grrrmm?" Vigilon was slightly confused as to why they looked like they needed serious wound treatment, and wanted to know if there was something going on. "Please don't be anything like a PKer or something terrible that I can't handle..." "Boars. They've been unusually aggressive lately, and they've all been coming from that direction, over in the hills." "Boars? Unless it's lots of them, they couldn't possibly be a threat..."

@Wardege @Winik @Gryas @Yzjdriel @Raeze

OOC: Nocturn has asked to opt out, so he has been removed from the thread.

Edited by Vigilon

Wardege walked along the wall, right outside the safe zone, finding nothing as he scanned the area for materials, he decided to call it a day with a finished search. "I wonder if there's anything else for me today. It's still only in the afternoon, after all." He soon heard some noise, followed by some boars squealing, and what seemed to be a starting conversation afterwards. He drew closer and saw Vigilon talking with two NPCs who seemed weak and injured. "May I inquire what the trouble is? I would be happy to assist." "There have been Boars frequently attacking the gate area. It's as if they want to break in to the city for some reason." was the reply. "I thought monsters couldn't get in the safe zone. What could this possibly be?" Wardege knew nothing of RGQ's at the time, but was to learn of them pretty soon.

ID# 85228 LD: 11(failed)

@Vigilon @Nocturn @Winik @Gryas @Yzjdriel @Raeze

Gryas had hear rumours from several NPC's already today that apparently boars were posing a threat towards the gate and harassing NPC's in that area. This was dangerous, low level Players usually use the safer areas around the walls and gates to farm materials but if they came across a pack of aggressive boars then this could cause a real danger to actual lives. Gryas decided that he would go investigate, and figured that checking out what was going on around the gate was a good place to start.

Gryas made his way through town and exited through the gate and could see off to the side a player speaking with some NPC's that appeared wounded. Gryas was about to step forward when a second player approached the group and offered assistance. This made Gryas smile, he was glad to see that he was not the only person in the area interested in helping keep the area safe. Approaching the group he chimed in as well. "Aye, I would like to offer some assistance as well!" Then looking at the two players Gryas extended his hand in greeting. He recognized one of them, well two of them to be precise, Vigilon and Veriost. He had worked briefly with them before, the other however was new to him. "Good to see you again Vigilon, you too Veriost!" Then turning to the stranger.  "I do not believe we have met before though, the names Gryas. Pleasure to meet you."

The weather had been perfect, as it always was.  Yzjdriel had been wandering aimlessly until he noticed a small gathering of players and NPCs near the city gate.  With a shrug, he decided to head in their direction and see what was going on.  Once he got closer, he realized that he recognized one of the players.  "Hey, Vig!" he called out as he approached the group.

Reaching the group, he quickly looked everyone over before relaxing into a carefree posture, swinging his hands forward and back a little.  "What's wrong with these NPCs?  It's still a safe zone here, right?"  Pausing, he waved at Gryas and Wardege with a grin.  "Hello.  I'm Zid.  Nice t'meet'cha."  

It seemed that there would be something to do today after all.  Zid ran over his equipment list quickly in his head while the other two introduced themselves.  He still had that armor he'd received as a gift, so he should be okay so long as they stayed on the first few floors.

• 2 weeks later...

A small, dark blue haired player was seated just outside the Town of Beginning's outer wall. She was nestled underneath a large full tree, shading her from the sun's rays. She had her back arched as she hunched over and had her nose stuck a rather thick manual. She had a free day so was going through one of the free user guides that had been given out around the town.

The small girl folded the corner of the page that she was currently on and closed the book, setting it down in the grass. Righting her body, she placed her hands on her waist and curled her back outward in an attempt to work out the ache that had knotted itself into her lower spine. As she began twisting her upper body back and forth, trying to coerce it to pop she noticed a group of people a few feet away conversing among themselves. She smiled, happy that others seemed to be enjoying their day. When she heard a groan from one person and heard a few comments of boars and danger.

Furrowing her brows, she picked up her manual and put it away into her pouch. She stood, allowing herself to stretch a little before cautiously moving toward the group. She made sure to stay right up next to the was to ensure she was out of the aggro radius of anything. Once she got closer she noticed that two of the group were NPCs, and injured.

She tried to skirt around the group, hoping to go unnoticed. As much as she might, she wasn't strong enough to help. Even if they let her tag along, she would probably get killed in the process. 'Even if I manage to stay alive, I would just be dead weight anyway.' She sighed as she kept herself from saying anything to the group.

Winik strolled through the streets of the Town of Beginnings, his armor sparkling in the light.  He felt even better now that he got himself some new gear, he'd have to make sure to repay the player who made it all possible.  With his head in the clouds and a smile plastered on his face, he passed the gate when the worried voices caught his attention.  His steps faltered, his rhythm winding down as he turned his head in hopes of catching more threads of the conversation.

Hearing of the boar problem worried him, he had bad luck with boars as memory serves.  They liked to knock him around, working him like some sort of punching bag.  He stepped up cautiously, one hand held up in greeting.  "If there's a problem I could help with, I'd love to do it," he called out, plastering a grin on his face as he approached.

Vigilon took notice of the increase of players in the vicinity. "Gryas, Wardege, Zid, nice to see you guys again!" He turned directly to Gryas and Wardege. "So the other day, I realized something. Turns out, Veriost here is a girl. I feel so ridiculous not being able to figure such a simple thing out..." "Grrmmm..." Veriost was watching one of the players curiously, and Vigilon turned to see two players, one of them, which Veriost was watching, seemed to be hoping to avoid trouble, going around them, and the other came up and offered to help. "Well, with something like this, we might need some help. I wouldn't worry about dying though, that is, as long as we keep the enemies' eyes on us rather than you." He put his hand into his pocket, finding the song crystal that could heal an entire party for about 45 HP. "Glad I've still got this, I can use it to avoid casualties..." He looked around before standing firm to say, "So from what the NPCs are saying, some boars have been growing aggressive and harassing anyone that comes near, as well as trying to assault the Town of Beginnings. This I definitely consider a threat, since I don't want any new players getting killed easily in only ten yards from the safe zone." He thought about it first, then proceeded to open the menu and sent a mass party invite that reached all the players, and, unintentionally, the player trying to avoid the situation. "Whoops. Ah, anyways, the invite is purely optional."

@Wardege @Gryas @Yzjdriel @Raeze @Winik

Turn order: Vigilon, Wardege, Gryas, Yzjdriel, Raeze, Winik

Wardege smiled at the knowledge that there were more players who wished to help. He turned to the four players who entered the scene, and replied to the greetings, as well as introducing himself to all four players that he had yet to meet. "It's nice to meet you as well. Wardege, at your humble service." As usual, he topped off his introduction with a bow. He chuckled when Vigilon mentioned that his frost dragon really was a girl. "Had a feeling she was." He listened to what Vigilon had to say. He seemed to stand firm as if he was a leader of sorts, then proceeded to send a mass party invite, which Wardege accepted. "This ought to pay my debt to you, Vigilon. I am ready to protect and assist. It doesn't matter to me that I don't yet have the sufficient gear, but nevertheless I am willing." He waited patiently for whatever response could be said, as well as the expected response from Vigilon...

@Gryas @Yzjdriel @Raeze @Winik @Vigilon

Gryas examined the group and was impressed with the turnout of people willing to join up and help with a group of complete strangers. It seemed that Gryas was not the only one familiar with Vigilon however and that was probably a good thing, Vigilon was reliable and he had trust in Vigilons sense of judgment. Gryas was eager to put his tanking skills to the test and having a quick look around at the range of gear of those around him he made a commitment to himself that he would do his best to keep them all safe. He accepted the group party invite that was sent out. "Well this is a rather nice turn out, as I had said earlier, my name is Gryas. I would like to volunteer as tank for the group, if these attacks are as bad as it seems then it looks like things might get a little dangerous. I hope you don't mind me asking but might I inquire as to everyone's combat experience?" Gryas tended to over assess situations but felt it was better to strategize then to go into things blind. He hoped that he did not come off too upfront though.

@Vigilon @Wardege @Yzjdriel @Raeze @Winik

Edited by Gryas

Zid looked the group up and down quickly as the party invite showed up.  He accepted, then scrolled through his menu absentmindedly as people introduced themselves.

"As far as combat experience goes, I'm new to SAO's combat, but in real life I'm an iaidoka, so I'm no stranger to swordplay.  I spent the first few months here in the Town of Beginnings acting as a counselor for other players.  I felt like my ability to empathize was more important that my ability to play, since players committing suicide was a very real problem in the early days.  But now that the assault team is making real progress the players who are left feel more confident in our ability to clear the game, so I think it's high time I get to leveling up and join them."  His hand found the equip button for his sword, and he pressed it without looking down: the basic Iron Sword that you got from the item store appeared at his waist.

@Vigilon @Wardege @Raeze @Winik @Gryas

Edited by Yzjdriel

Raeze stopped short when the invitation popped up in front of her as well. She looked back at the group. 'I'm not really that useful. Boars would probably just maul me.' She mused to herself. The only thing she felt she was good at so far, was partially gathering materials. Even though she didn't have any skill geared toward that or any items to help. She decided to make her way over to the group, still allowing the invitation to wait. "Hi, um, hello. Did anyone mean to send me a party invitation?" She looked around at the group of males. 'Oh great, they are all going to shun me because I'm the only female here.' She looked around nervously, not sure as what she should do. "I'm only level one. I'm not sure I would be much help against a bunch of angry boars." She didn't want to seem weak but she felt the need to ensure they know that she would probably be dead weight.

Winik smashed his finger on the accept button, a grin splitting his face from ear to ear.  "I'm a budding tank myself, just like the other armored one here.  I just left the Town of Beginnings recently, thanks to the generosity of a fronliner.  I was able to get some gear and start grinding.  I'm happy to help in any way I can." Winik looked over his other party members, even though he wasn't the leader of the party.  'With two tanks we should be able to deal with the mobs easily,' Winik thought to himself, crossing his arms.  The sound of metal scraping against metal could be heard as he did the gesture.  The short member who hadn't accepted yet drew his attention.  For some reason she looked very familiar. He just shrugged his shoulders however.  Now isn't the time to dwell too hard on it.  "This is just a simple mob massacre quest, right?  Shouldn't be too hard."

When Wardege introduced himself in his usual way, Vigilon facepalmed, muttering, "You've got to stop that, man. It'll bring you as much trouble as it's worth." He looked at the player list as the names appeared under his. Wardege, Gryas, Yzjdriel, Winik.... "As some of you know already, I'm Vigilon. I'm no stranger to swordplay either. I used to practice it outside often, but I usually only had a sparring opponent when my older sister had a bad day and needed someone to vent on...I usually ended up getting bruises, then and before this game, so I guess both of us improved." Vigilon heard the girl ask if the invitation was intentionally sent to her. "Actually, I didn't mean to. You looked like you were trying to avoid the situation just now." Veriost rolled her eyes, gave off a "Hfff" and took flight, circling around the player before landing on her shoulder, and looking her in the eyes for a bit. "*Sigh*, Come on back, Veriost." She flew over to Vigilon's shoulder, and looked at him as if to say, "You see someone who needs to be safe, but I see someone who probably has potential." Vigilon facepalmed and shook his head. This player had every reason not to go on any shenanigans at the moment! "Right, so like I said before, the whole party thing is optional. feel free to decline if you want. I won't stop you. You have every reason not to accept. However, should you come with us, I'm sure the tanks can keep you from any excessive harm." He turned to the NPCs. "We would be glad to help out." He heard Winik ask if it was just a mob massacre quest. "Yeah, right. Like it could possibly be-" The accept quest notification popped up. "Oh, for crying out loud! Did the Cardinal really have to endanger this safe zone and the players within just to make a quest? This is ridiculous!"

@Wardege @Gryas @Yzjdriel @Raeze @Winik

Wardege took notice of the turnout as well. Perhaps this quest would blow over smoothly, assuming the boars weren't as aggressive as he'd seen a few happened to be... "It's nice to know that some of us have experience with us. I'm sure we won't have anything to worry about. However, Vigilon, did you say that you only sparred when someone needed to...vent, was it? are you certain?" Wardege wasn't exactly sure that he heard Vigilon correctly. He sparred because his own sibling vented on him? That doesn't sound right. He also noted(granted, it was a little late) that the only girl in the vicinity basically tore herself down with words, in a way. "I'm level two right now, sure, I have more HP and Energy, but damage wise, since I don't have any decent gear, I'm no weaker than you are." He said with a chuckle, hoping to encourage her. Wardege was about to continue, then a message appeared on his menu. "I'm terribly sorry, but I'm afraid I have to leave." He walked back into the town, and wished the others well.

-Wardege has left the party

-Wardege has left the thread

Edited by Wardege