[PP-F1] Uprising Legends [Nocturn, Telrenya, and Able]

"Dammit, why is it every time I want to go hunting, players keep taking out all of the mob spawns in the area?!" Able had shown his frustration on his face as it seemed like the mid-tier players keep coming through the lower leveled floors and clearing out all of the mobs to harvest their loot and Col. "How exactly are we supposed to level up if these players are stealing our training locations?" Asking questions aloud was one of his few pet peeves as it let others hear exactly what he was thinking, not that he has ever really been a person to keep his thoughts to himself. Being vocal and honest about how he felt was a common process of his. Normally there'd be some boars right outside of town, but it seems as if someone had just taken those out too. "Well, looks like no training for today, and since the area is clear--", he stopped himself mid sentence as he took another glance around himself just to make sure there wasn't an enemy in sight or a player anywhere in the immediate distance. Once he found that the coast was clear, he dropped his body to lay on the grass of the fields on the first floor and just relax. He closed his eyes lightly enough to where he would block out the sun, but nothing to put him to sleep. His arms were under his head for comfort and legs were in the shape of a four while one was bent and the other rest upon it, a rather uncomfortable position, but he didn't quite feel the need to change his posture.

The temperature was perfect and nothing was wrong with this floor, if anything, many people would say that the first floor was one of the most perfectly designed floors for people to just relax, live, hang out, train, run a shop, everything. Of course he wanted to make his way to the front lines relatively soon, but nothing really mattered if he couldn't kill any mobs for experience. He let out a sigh of relief as now he was just able to rest his body further.

@Telrenya
@Nocturn

Edited by Able

Trudging through the sprawling fields outside of the Town of Beginnings, Telrenya couldn't help a small frown from resting on her face. The first floor had always been rather peaceful, but this was just...too quiet. She had only passed by a couple of stray mobs since making her way back from the forested area a bit farther from the safe zone, which was odd considering she'd spotted several packs of wolves and boars roaming these areas just a few days ago. Her basic rapier was left sheathed on her left hip, and she brought a hand up to rest against the hilt as she walked. Things had been a bit slow-going for her tastes; she still needed new equipment and she didn't have enough skill points invested into her weapon in order to deal significant damage to monsters around her level. Taking on quests or higher-level challenges was close to impossible, at least if she wanted to try to do anything on her own. Despite how soloing was discouraged, Telrenya thoroughly enjoyed the feeling of freedom it provided.

Closing the gap between herself and the town's southern gate, the blonde squinted into the distance when she thought she spotted a figure laying in the grassy field. She held up a hand to block the sunlight from interfering with her vision while she came to the decision to investigate. If there was a player that was hurt or otherwise vulnerable, what kind of person would she be to turn a blind eye?

Once she was close enough to make out some features of the person on the ground, she blinked in slight surprise. That red hair paired with the man's clothing was almost unmistakable. 'Is he asleep? Or...' She thought curiously as she continued to approach him. If the man hadn't opened his eyes by the time she was close by, Telrenya would lean over to stare down at him, her blonde hair falling down over her shoulders. The man's face would be upside-down to her the way she was facing, and she would simply hover there for a bit while she debated what she should do or say.

Noct stepped from behind the tree. "Figure he's asleep?" He asked the familiar face. Telrenya, the blonde woman whom he helped become a tailor not that long ago. "Nice to see you again." Noct said to her, his Demon's Jacket, fluttering slightly in the wind. He looked at the man who was apparently sleeping beneath the tree. "Hey, you awake?" Noct asked, fairly certain that he was awake. Or, how in the world could someone sleep like that. And for why he was there in the first place, he was trying to meet up with one of his contacts that day. He had met her earlier today, and dropped of the item that they wanted. She hired for another project of hers, and he of course agreed to do it, only after hearing out the details. Another item, another payday. He felt bad, he was doing her jobs because it was for the good of the community. Stealing back from those who stole. He smiled, it was a bit more Robin Hood then he had anticipated. Noct reached out with a foot, tapping the man. "Hey, say something already." He said, his hands inside his pockets.

Shortly after he had caught himself dozing off slightly, he heard noises and commotion going on. Lifting his eyelids he immediately saw long blonde hair hanging above his face and a feminine face that he recognized relatively quickly. Telrenya, a player he had met on the ninth floor and trained with on the third, spending plenty of time fighting a single weak enemy as he seemed to struggle. Shifting his eyes over to the other figure he saw a male asking him to say something as if he had been laying there like a dead man. Smiling at Telrenya with his typical flirty but charming smile, he waved at her. "How's it going up there? I hope the weather is as beautiful as you are today." he flirted slightly. Then turning his head towards the player, not even bothering to sit up quite yet, "As for you, I'm alive and well, don't you worry. The name's Able, or Tobias. Feel free to call me either, I might just respond when you call me like a good boy." he chuckled at his joke. The dress shirt he had was open as always near the top exposing his structured chest that he had trained on for years during high school for sports and athletics. Finally coming to a point where he felt comfortable sitting up, he made his way onto his feet.

Reaching out his hand towards the male figure, he felt the need to shake his hand as a common gesture to greet a person. "Yeah, so long story short. All of the mobs were wiped out today, had intended to train. Decided to take a nap instead and there ya have it. The entire story in a single sentence or two." He rose his hand up behind his head and began to scratch through his red hair that had been neatly done, but still looked rather ragged, hanging down to his eyes but still out of the way so it wouldn't impair his vision.

"Hm?" Telrenya looked up in surprise at the sound of another, yet familiar, voice in the distance. She quickly spotted the black-haired man and broke out into a grin at his greeting. "Hi again!" She lifted a hand for a small wave while Noct made his way over and questioned the red-haired man on the ground, casually nudging him with his shoe. Before she had a chance to reply, Able spoke up himself, causing the blonde to look downward towards him again. Her grin had vanished, replaced with a flustered expression as she registered his flirtatious comment. Not to say that she had never been teased before, the blonde was simply too 'innocent' to return the redhead's nonchalance. Despite having just graduated high school before entering the game, Telrenya couldn't confidently say she had been in a functioning relationship before.

'Ah, what am I getting sidetracked with?' The blonde questioned herself, straightening up and taking half a step back to allow Able the space to stand up himself. While he had moved to offer Nocturn a greeting, the woman found a small smile returning to her features. "Well! Looks like I'm the mutual acquaintance here." She clapped her hands together in front of her chest, maintaining an air of positivity. "It's a shame all of the monsters were cleared out," A small, thoughtful frown appeared on her face. "Do they take a long time to come back? Or maybe we could look somewhere else..." Subconsciously inserting herself into the situation--or even Noct as well, as her vague use of the word 'we' left it unclear--the girl idly tapped her index fingers together as she tried to think of a solution to the man's dilemma.

@Nocturn

Edited by Telrenya
  • 2 weeks later...

Noct shook the man's hand, more so out of politeness then any need to connect with the man. Noct was a bit, perturbed but by what he couldn't tell. Perhaps it was the flirting that Able did to Telrenya. Able mentioned that all the mobs in the area had been farmed clean, and now that they were waiting on them to respawn before they come back. "Easiest way to tell they're coming back is to wait for the farmers to come back." Noct said. If they are farming the place clean, then they probably know the spawn rates better than anyone else. And they're probably in a different area currently farming some more." Noct suggested, thinking about the situation to clear his mind. He ran a hand through his hair, then following to adjusting his glasses. "Well, Telreyna." Noct turned, adjusting his attention. "What brings you out here?" He asked.

The idea of waiting for the mob farmers to return sounded interesting, it could potentially work, however what if they were hostile and killed anyone who bothered taking their farming grounds away from them? Noct had followed up asking Telrenya what she had been doing around here, after shaking Able's hand. "She's out here with me, training, because I kidnapped her and forced her to in a nice way. Plus I couldn't help but wanting to see her eyes again, wouldn't you agree?" Able had a way with words that seemed to make everything that came out of his mouth turn into a compliment for not just Telrenya, but anyone he took an interest in. Looking around the terrain, he realized that there wasn't a single mob in sight. "Perhaps we could go to a different part of this floor, or we could go to a higher up floor, since we have more people, we should be more than strong enough to take on the tougher enemies above this floor." Both suggestions proved to be wise, as he wanted to make caution for any hostile players that were looking to hog the farming grounds. He let out a yawn, as standing around bore him. He needed to practice some sword arts with his Martial Arts skill to perfect it, not much longer until he knew he'd level up and potentially gain some new skills or even gain some damage, plus the extra needed health would be greatly appreciated as it would just make him tankier and a better leader to aggro the enemies that they would train on.

@Telrenya @Nocturn

Able had answered Noct's question for her, but his response caused the woman to grow flustered with each word. "Wait, w-what?" The woman stammered out before giving the redhead a pout. "Jeez! Stop saying such weird things." Telrenya had finally called the man out on his embarrassing comments before turning her attention back to Noct and trying to compose herself. "I believe this man is confused." She tried to play off his words in a joking manner of her own before taking a more serious tone to answer the raven-haired man's question. "But really, I was just exploring a bit. I don't have much map data outside of the cities, so..." Her words trailed off as her thoughts failed to keep up with her explanation.

Not realizing that she had referred to them together herself moments ago, Telrenya tilted her head just slightly. "Are we making a party? Do you guys want to?" She looked between Noct and Able. The trio seemed to have come together by chance, but after considering it for a moment Telrenya had to admit that they would make a strong team. She wasn't in any position to deny experience--in fact, she was finding herself more and more impatient to raise her level lately.

@Nocturn

Noct held back his distaste in Able's choice of words, when 'flirting' with Telrenya. Any idiot could pull the 'oh your eyes are so beautiful' comment. Telrenya voiced her concerns aloud, then turned to Noct trying to explain herself. She obviously didn't want to be associated as Able's prize, or date, or whatever it was being called. "Several things wrong with that idea Able. First, we don't know how strong the next floors are. I myself, haven't gone beyond the safe zones of floor three. It's very possible that we could bite off more than we can chew." Noct said, debating Able's plan to go grind further up. "I'm with Telrenya's plan of exploring the first floor further. Knowledge of an area is a decent strategy but," Noct said, trailing off. "Why not just get the information from another player? There are a ton of high leveled players on the first few floors. Some frontliners even make their shops on the first floor. You could ask them for their mapinfo, and get a ton of floors info as well." Noct asked, giving out a suggestion. But if it were so easy, why hadn't he done it yet. He guessed he was just preoccupied with trying to get the crafting system understood. On top of balancing his night job with his daytime social outings. All of which was difficult for him, to say the least. From going to no outings, and no friends. To a few adventure's and a smattering of friends, was exhausting. "But I'd be able to tag along Telrenya, give you some backup if you need it. If you'll have me, that is." Noct said, moving some hair from his face.

He scoffed at the player, "Please, it's not like we're going up ten floors. You realize this is only the first floor. Plus Telrenya and I have already done a small touch of training together, on the third floor. I'm not looking for a death sentence, I'm looking for experience." He slid his hand into his pocket and relaxed his posture, knowing that he has nothing to worry about. Especially since this player seemed to be concerned with going past the first floor. "But, if you'd rather stick around here on this floor then sure." He noticed also that Telrenya hadn't taken a liking to his last choice of words and he ought to slow things down. "Also, Tel, my sincerest apologies, I was only joking. I had no intentions to insult you with that statement or to irritate you. You shouldn't take the things I say to heart, that's when feelings get hurt." Able chuckled as he always did, it was a signature of the sort of him, as well as his clothing statement that he seemed to always been seen around in.

The talking about exploring the first floor made him think of how much map coverage he had, and when he checked, he had a fair portion but not nearly all of it, the floor had been too large for him to explore ALL of it within the short amount of time he's been training himself. Though he didn't exactly like the idea of exploring more of the map, he wasn't entirely against it either. Instead of voicing another opinion however, he remained quiet this time around and allowed the two to discuss their opinions on the matter further and what they wish to do. Last thing Able wanted was conflict with anyone because they don't like the things coming out of his mouth.

Telrenya listened to the exchange, at first feeling a bit nervous that the men wouldn't get along. With Noct's suggestions, Able's eventual agreement, and most notably the apology towards her that followed, the woman let out a small chuckle. She waved a hand in front of her, giving Able a quick, "No no, it's okay." with a friendly smile. Although she brushed it off as nothing, she appreciated his words. With how often jokes would go right over her head, Able's flirtatious demeanor often threw her for a loop. Still, she was glad the man seemed to be taking that into consideration.

"Hmm..." She found herself musing as the topic of what they should do was still at hand. "Well before I forget, let's make it official." She nodded to herself, swiping through the air to open up her menus. Selecting a couple of buttons, both Noct and Able would find party invitations hovering in front of them. With her interface still floating in front of her, Telrenya tapped a finger on her chin thoughtfully. "That's true, we did okay on the third floor..." She mumbled as she talked to herself. Once Noct had joined the party, her eyes flickered up to the corner of her vision to read his level after it was displayed. The raven-haired man was comparable to herself, though if he had better equipment--which was likely--he would easily deal more damage than her. She quickly found a frown pulling down at the corners of her mouth. She was starting to second-guess her initial suggestions. "If we just want the fastest experience..." Her head swiveled around as she looked out over the almost barren fields. "I admit, it might be better to move up one or two floors. Buuut, we could still try going past these spawning areas to find something cool. I think I'm still leaning to that." She admitted, the grind for the fastest and most efficient experience gain sounding very unappealing to her.

@Nocturn

Edited by Telrenya