[PP-21] Exploring the mines <Scouting the 21st floor labyrinth>

"Tomoika!" I said loud and clear as I stood in the warp gate on floor 16. A bright light shined and blinded me for a few seconds. When the light faded and I couod see again, I was five floors higher up. I took a few steps forward. This was the first time Ive put my feets this high up in this floating castle. I took a few moments to suck it all in. My jaw fell to the floor when I saw how it looked. It was totally wonderful. I wouldnt say no to move up here.
Guided by the light of the mushrooms I headed out in a fast jog. I had missed the field boss battle. But I wouldnt let that shoot me down. I glanced at the map for where the fight habe been held. I wasnt far away now and from an information broker I got the intel that some have already started exploring. I have been away from the frontlines ever since the bug battle. But that ends now. I will do my part. I slowed down when I was at the field boss area and took a few moments to catch my breath and prepare for the exploring in the endless labyrinth. I also took forth a shake as well as a potion of my own. I consumed both of them and felt my strength and accuracy increase. I finished of with drinking some Booze.

-Potion of vicious dragon-fang +6 dmg
-Herbal shake +1 acc
-I Booze, You lose +6 dmg -54 mit

-Yuis grace used (3rd of 5. 2 left)

Stats:

Spoiler

Lvl: 68
HP: 1475
Energy: 136
Dmg: 30 base

Spoiler

with charge: 35
with ferocity: 31
with fallen: 38
with charge+ferocity: 36
with charge+fallen: 43
with ferocity+fallen: 39
with charge+ferocity+fallen: 44

Mit: 39
Acc: 4
Thorns: 38

Skills:
Utility & Mobility:

Expert(rank 3) Search & Detect

Combat:

Grandmaster(rank 5) First aid
Grandmaster(rank 5) Charge
Grandmaster(rank 5) Heavy armour
Journeyman(rank 2) Block
Howl

Weapon skill:
Grandmaster(rank 5) Two-handed Battle-axe
Journeyman(rank 2) One-handed Curved sword

Extra skills:
Concentrate
Survival
Unskilled(rank 0) Martial Arts

Mods:
Field medic
Athletics
Reveal
Ferocity(Axe 5)
Bull rush

Buffs:
-Potion of vicious dragon fang +6 dmg
-Booze +6 dmg -54 mit

Gear:
-Darkened two-handed battleaxe -2h battle axe- 2x Fallen damage 1x ACC
-Inferno -Heavy armour- 2x Flame aura 1x MIT
-Celtic ring -Lucky sharm- +1 ACC +2 LD

At ready:
-Handwrps of accuracy: Lucky sharm +3 ACC
-Amphibian war rally
-Banner of leadership (+3 dmg to party)
-Banner of superior support
-Crystal of the blood-dragon horde (Mass-heal crystal) x5
-Crystal of vicious blood-dragon (HP-recovery +240 crystal) x5
-Crystal of potent blood-dragon (HP-recovery +160 crystal) x5
-Dimensional backpack
-Dimensional pouch

Spoiler

ID# 85645 results: Loot: 18+ 3 LD item + 1 skill + 1 expertise = 23 - +1 Material (1 total)

Swapping gear:
-Finder's Keeper (-1 XPT: S&D), -Seeking Aura (-3 LD), +Manticore Mask (+15 FLA +45 MIT +TNT), +1 Angel Plate (+8 Holy Blessing)

Shield found himself once more before the entrance to the labyrinth. Between clearing the floor boss below, the field boss guarding its entrance, and looting every crack, cranny, and chest he could find, he had easily invested more time and energy into this floor than any other before it. The only possible exceptions were floors one and eleven, but working in his shops and sleeping in his house weren't quite the same thing.

He straightened up, holding up the lump of the light, durable material he had been finding all over this floor. Whatever it was, it reminded him of the material 'mithril' from other fantasy based stories and games. As he stored the item, movement caught his eye, and he glanced over to see another player approaching. He kept his menus open, shifting to his quick inventory as he swapped out his loot gear for defense. This would either be a PKer to defend against or a potential ally to scout with. Either way, his earring and wristband wouldn't cut it. As the figure approached, he recognized the face.

"@Zandra, right?" he said with an incline of his head. "We've been in a few of the boss fights together. I believe Ariel introduced us at the ball."

He did not let his thoughts bleed onto his face, remaining stoic and impassive as he dropped the name of the player who he least trusted among those he had encountered in Aincrad. It may be a chance to test her allegiance and see what relationship Zandra had to the bloodthirsty front liner.

Edited by Shield

I quickly turned around when I herd a voice behind me. What I saw was a man. A man Ive seen a few times before. But only during boss battles. It seemed he remembered my name and I nodded in answer. Then he also mentioned that Ariel had introduced them to eachothers. I took a closer look and scan on him. Did we met during the ball? ‘’Oooohh.’’ I said when I finally remembered the name that belonged to the man. ‘’You are Shield right? Excuse me, Im not that good with remembering names.’’ A few moments pause before I continued. ‘’Sooo, what brings you to this area?’’ When I waited for his reply I herd another sound from the labyrinth. There I saw a group of four weird looking creatures. I smirked. ‘’Hehe, just a sec. There is something I need to do.’’ Then I darted forward and activated my strongest sword art. Well, I planned to but by some reason it slipped out and cancelled before I could slash them and instead I flew past the mushroom looking creatures. Luckily, that made all of them miss me as well.

ID: 85646
BD: 1 miss
MD: 4 Miss

Zandra: 1,415/1,415 (138/140)
Shield: 

Armoured mushroom 1: 700/700
Armoured mushroom 2: 700/700
Armoured mushroom 3: 700/700
Armoured mushroom 4: 700/700

Spoiler

Action: Howl

[H:0] @Zandra: 1,415/1,415 (138/140)
[H:4] Shield - HP: 1301/1301 | EP: 114/114 | MIT: 179 | FLA: 15 | TNT | EVA: -1 | H.B.: 8 | B.H.: 75 | REC: 3

Armoured mushroom 1: 700/700
Armoured mushroom 2: 700/700
Armoured mushroom 3: 700/700
Armoured mushroom 4: 700/700

Shield rolled his eyes and ran after Zandra. Whatever her intentions were, she seemed more concerned with killing monsters than with killing him, which at least made them tentative allies. He stood opposite the other player on the far side of the mushroom creatures.

"Between these fungi and the ones Hirru and I mowed down, I may just decide to leave off the mushrooms next time I get pizza," he mumbled to himself before taking a deep breath and propelling the sound at the mushrooms, kicking up dust and debris with the force of his <Howl>. "Hey, toadstools! Come and pick on someone else! Plenty of good meat on these bones, so come and get it!"

He banged the mundane axe that he carried onto the grotesque features of the Manticore Shield that he carried. The mushrooms one by one turned away from Zandra and began lumbering his way, gurgling as they closed in on their target.

"Ugly cusses, aren't they?"

Edited by Shield

I let out a short giggle as I herd the man named Shield howling out against the weird mushrooms that now seemed to change their focus from the dragoness. Not that I mind that. What Ive herd, that man was a pretty good tank, and from the booze I just drank, my mitigation wasn’t what it have been. I then answered him. ‘’They really are. Havent seen these kind of mobs before.’’

Then I took a steady grip of my axe, lowered my stance. Good thing I had passed them this far away, now it seemed I was enough distance away to be able to use my charge skill. A cloud of dust was everything that was left from where I just stood and a second later I was standing in the middle of the four mobs. ‘’Hehe! Yes.’’ I said as I glanced down at the big two handed battle axe in my hands. And I saw a faint aura of black smoke surround it. Then I felt the sword art was ready. The black weapon was swung and cleaved thru the small mobs. All of theirs health dropped almost ninety percent. ‘’Haha! Your now so cooky now are you? Small useless thingies.’’

Spoiler

Action: Explode catapult 39x14=546 dmg +AoE

ID: 85647
BD: 7 Hit! Fallen activted
MD: 7

[H:0] @Zandra: 1,415/1,415 (111/140) -28 +1
[H:4] Shield - HP: 1301/1301 | EP: 114/114 | MIT: 179 | FLA: 15 | TNT | EVA: -1 | H.B.: 8 | B.H.: 75

Armoured mushroom 1: 154/700
Armoured mushroom 2: 154/700
Armoured mushroom 3: 154/700
Armoured mushroom 4: 154/700

Spoiler

+75 HP - Battle Healing, + 8 HP x 4 - Holy Blessing

Action: Energizing Zandra - [-10 EP > +8 EP to Zandra]

ID# 85648 results:

Craft: 5 - No Recovery

[H:1] @Zandra: 1,415/1,415 (119/140)
[H:4] Shield - HP: 1284/1301 | EP: 104/114 | MIT: 179 | FLA: 15 | TNT | EVA: -1 | H.B.: 8 | B.H.: 75 | REC: 3

Armoured mushroom 1 - HP: 154/700 | DMG: 210
Armoured mushroom 2 - HP154/700 | DMG: 210
Armoured mushroom 3 - HP154/700 | DMG: 210
Armoured mushroom 4 - HP154/700 | DMG: 210

The incoming attacks from the mushroom creatures definitely left a dent in his health. It was rare these days, but it was not unheard of. He watched a moment as his regeneration kicked in and turned his focus back to the battle at hand

While the hit that Zandra dealt them was considerable, so too was the energy cost to do so. He didn't know whether he could trust Zandra to explore deep into the labyrinth together, but he had teleportation crystals, and she had shown her damage potential now. It was considerable, but it was not enough to put Shield in significant danger. She would need to continually paralyze him to stop him from teleporting out. With only slight reservations, he summoned up a ball of light in his hand.

"Zandra, catch!" he called out, hurling the ball at her and striking her on the shoulder. The light absorbed into her and slightly recharged her lost energy. "It's not much, but it'll keep you going."

Edited by Shield

As usual, my energy had gone down a lot. The big disadvantage with aoe attacks was that Im running out of this energy so quickly. I guess I should be more careful. So I went thru what other attacks I had. And then I remembered one I haven’t used in quite awhile. I glared at the mushroom that was located on my right side. ‘’Well hello there mister.’’ I said before charging against it with my shoulder first. I knocked it over and it turned to blue and white crystals. I then turned to the rest. ‘’Now its your turn!’’ I said before swing my big weapon, slicing thru the virtual flesh of the mushroom mobs. One by one they exploded into more crystals, shining up the walls of the cave we was in. The reward screen poped up. I was kinda excited to see what I would get. Rumors about new loot drops have reached my ears. But when I saw the screen, I lost the hope of any good loot. ‘’Well this sucks Shield. The loot from these mushrooms dosent seems as promising. Hopefully we will find anyone that drops something more then just this.’’ I let out a sigh before taking the lead into the labyrinth.

Spoiler

Note: I wrote wrong in Perma roller. I wrote Crimson blood but used Trample act.

Action: Trample Act 30x6=180 dmg +aoe

ID: 85649
BD: 5+3=8 Hit!

ID: 85650, 85651, 85652 and 85654

LD 1: 1+3=4 Nothing
LD 2: 14+3=17
-CD: 5 +3 t3 materials
LD: 3: 1+3=4 Nothing
LD 4: 15+3=18
-CD: 6 +3 t3 materials

+700x3x4=8,400

[H:1] @Zandra: 1,415/1,415 (106/140)
[H:4] Shield - HP: 1284/1301 | EP: 104/114 | MIT: 179 | FLA: 15 | TNT | EVA: -1 | H.B.: 8 | B.H.: 75 | REC: 3

Armoured mushroom 1 - HP0/700 | DMG: 210
Armoured mushroom 2 - HP: 0/700 | DMG: 210
Armoured mushroom 3 - HP0/700 | DMG: 210
Armoured mushroom 4 - HP0/700 | DMG: 210

Spoiler

+75 HP - Battle Healing

ID# 85653 results:

Craft: 9 - Recovery 3

MOB: 8 + 1 eva = 9 - Hit! - 210 dmg - 179 = 31 x 4 = 124 dmg, Flame Aura - 15 dmg

[H:0] @Zandra: 1,415/1,415 (114/140)
[H:4] Shield - HP: 1177/1301 | EP: 108/114 | MIT: 179 | FLA: 15 | TNT | EVA: -1 | H.B.: 8 | B.H.: 75 | REC: 3

Dancing Crystal Blade 1 - HP: 685/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 2 - HP685/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 3 - HP685/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 4 - HP685/700 | DMG: 210

Apparently we're going in further. Let's hope I don't need to dip into my teleportation crystals...

Shield walked a little way behind Zandra, keeping his eyes both ahead of them as well as flickering on occasion to her. He had not heard anything particularly unsavory about her, but she was associated on some level of friendliness with someone who he knew to be a PKer and overall susceptible to blood lust. As long as there were not monsters to occupy them, he would keep on eye on her.

As they walked, there came a sound of cracking stone from overhead. the ornate, glittering walls were full of facets of gems and crystalline structures, but it appeared several were breaking off from either wall. Four floating curved swords, each easily as tall as Shield and nearly a foot wide from the edge to the spine of the blade. Not wanting them to get the jump on the players, Shield leaped back and filled his lungs, hurling his voice at them.

"Sneaky good-for-nothings! Come back here and see if your blades can cut through my armor!"

Zipping through the air, the swords did exactly that, though the damage was minimal in the long run. Not to mention the little bits of damage each of them took as well.

Edited by Shield

I glanced over my shoulder to see if the tank was following me or had turned and left. I saw him a few steps behind. There seemed he looked at me. Or rather, kept an eye on. I shrugged and didn’t minded it. Wasn’t strange to be on your guard when travelling alone in the frontlines unless its with someone you know as good as your brother. Or even better.

‘’So Shield. You decided to tag along. You also wants to put your hands on some sweet map fragments?’’ When I herd his answer I immediately stopped. I have been called several things during my time here in Aincrad. But none have ever called me a good-for-nothing. I grit my teeths and knit my fists. I took a steady grip of my weapon and turned around when he told me to show him my blades can cut thru his armour. ‘’Don’t you talk like that to me. Be careful for what you wish for.’’

Then I saw he haven’t shouted to me. Four huge swords surrounded him. A silent ‘’Oh.’’ Let out over my lips. Next second I entered a battle stance and shot forward with my charge skill. My two handed battle axe cleaved thru their armour, reducing their health even more then my previous attack.

Spoiler

Action: Explode catapult 44x14=616 dmg +AoE

ID: 85647
BD: 6 Hit! Fallen activted

[H:0] @Zandra: 1,415/1,415 (79/140) -28 +1
[H:4] Shield - HP: 1301/1301 | EP: 114/114 | MIT: 179 | FLA: 15 | TNT | EVA: -1 | H.B.: 8 | B.H.: 75

Dancing Crystal Blade 1 - HP: 69/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 2 - HP69/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 3 - HP69/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 4 - HP69/700 | DMG: 210

Spoiler

+75 HP - Battle Healing, + 8 HP x 4 - Holy Blessing

ID# 85657 results:

Craft: 11 - Recovery 3

MOB: 10 + 1 eva = 11 - Hit! - 210 dmg + 2 - 179 = 33 x 4 = 132 dmg

[H:1] @Zandra: 1,415/1,415 (88/140)
[H:4] Shield - HP: 1152/1301 | EP: 102/114 | MIT: 179 | FLA: 15 | TNT | EVA: -1 | H.B.: 8 | B.H.: 75

Dancing Crystal Blade 1 - HP: 69/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 2 - HP69/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 3 - HP69/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 4 - HP69/700 | DMG: 210

"Yeah, I tend to insult monsters when I howl," Shield said, summoning up another handful of energy and tossing it to Zandra. "Makes my job as support a little more interesting. If you hear me insulting a player, there's going to be a very good reason for it."

There was very little health remaining on each of the sword's gauges. It seemed as if this was going to be a very quick run to recover map fragments, if things kept up at this pace. He had no complaints about that prospect. While the idea of adventuring with relative strangers made him uneasy, he had done more than his fair share of grinding due to lack of damage.

As the blades retaliated against the players, they flashed menacingly in the dim glow of the luminous crystals around them. The first knocked aside his shield while it and the others proceeded to slash through Shield's body.  It left more of a mark than the prior attacks, though not nearly enough to change the color of his health bar. A small serpent poked its many colored head out from his collar as his damage continued to slowly mount.

"Hello there, Lilith," he said, glancing down at the angular head of the miniature viper. "Looks like you may be called upon for a heal before long, little friend."

Edited by Shield

‘’Hehe, yeah. That is pretty funny. Thou they don’t understand it I guess. I usually insult mobs when not howling as well. It just gets boring to only swing around the axe after ten thousand swings.’’ The dancing swords had so little health left. So I took a steady grip on my axe. And then I channelled one of my weakest area of attack sword arts. When the sword art was complete, I planted the bottom of my weapon in the ground and held it upright with my right hand. My left hand rested on my hip. ‘’Also, just like that. I think my blade would cut thru that armour of yours. I wouldn’t say without problem, but I can probably do it I wants to.’’ The reward screen poped up. ‘’Olala, we got ourself a armour piece. Otherwise, just col and materials.’’ I closed the screen and headed deeper into the labyrinth.

Spoiler

Action: Lumberjack 30x3=90 dmg +AoE

ID: 85658

ID: 85659-85662
LD 1: 8+5=13
-CD: 8 +1 Rare armour
LD 2: 12+5=17
-CD: 2 700x5=3,500 col
LD 3: 14+5=19
-CD: 10 4 t3 materials
LD 4: 7+5=12
-CD: 9 2 t3 materials

+8,400 col

[H:0] @Zandra: 1,415/1,415 (83/140) -6 +1
[H:4] Shield - HP: 1301/1301 | EP: 102/114 | MIT: 179 | FLA: 15 | TNT | EVA: -1 | H.B.: 8 | B.H.: 75

Dancing Crystal Blade 1 - HP: 0/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 2 - HP: 0/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 3 - HP: 0/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 4 - HP: 0/700 | DMG: 210

Spoiler

ID# 85663 results:

Craft: 12 - Recovery 3

MOB: 1+ 1 eva = 2 - Miss

[H:0] @Zandra: 1,415/1,415 (91/140)
[H:4] Shield - HP: 1152/1301 | EP: 96/114 | MIT: 179 | FLA: 15 | TNT | EVA: -1 | H.B.: 8 | B.H.: 75

Dancing Crystal Blade 1 - HP: 700/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 2 - HP700/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 3 - HP700/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 4 - HP700/700 | DMG: 210

The odd comment from the other player was a real test for Shield's ability to keep a straight face. It was puzzling, and given a possible allegiance with Ariel, it meant that such comments couldn't be taken merely as humor. He knew his abilities though, and as long as Zandra thought she could take him out easily, she could continue to think that. He had watched too many players get into arguments over stats and abilities that resulted in people giving away their trump cards and secret weapons to a potential enemy before the fight. He was not so foolhardy to allow a possible threat glean extra information from him, and he did not let any of his thoughts show on his face.

Before he had time to react to the announcement of the new armor, however, there came another sound of chipping stone and another batch of dancing weapons had burst from the wall. He leaped back to give himself distance as he pulled air into his lungs.

"More weakling weapons!" he called out, shaking the walls with the booming force of his voice. "Your friends are nothing but pixels now, and so will you be soon enough!"

They each swiped at him, his howl having grabbed their attention, but their attacks bounced harmlessly off of his shield.

Edited by Shield

Relaterad bild

I haven’t walked far before I once again herd the man shout out something. I let out a sigh. There couldn’t have spawned another group of mobs this fast. But to judge from what he said, there have. He said the new group of weapons would turn to pixels soon as well. With that he probably meant me to do. ‘’Well well. I guess that’s one of the reasons Im here after all.’’ So I turned around and darted forward towards the enemy. Thou I did the mistake to not check where the target was. So my charge skill missed all of them with like a meter or so. ‘’Crap. Don’t think I will spare your virtual lifes just because I miss you once.’’ I said to them as I flew by. I glided a few meters on the ground before I could stop. If I kept on missing, this fight would take forever. I need to hurry up if we are going to catch up on that other group already exploring.

Spoiler

ID: 85705
BD: 1 Miss

[H:0] @Zandra: 1,415/1,415 (90/140)
[H:4] Shield - HP: 1152/1301 | EP: 96/114 | MIT: 179 | FLA: 15 | TNT | EVA: -1 | H.B.: 8 | B.H.: 75

Dancing Crystal Blade 1 - HP: 700/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 2 - HP700/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 3 - HP700/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 4 - HP700/700 | DMG: 210

Spoiler

+75 HP - Battle Healing

ID# 85707 results:

MOB: 7 + 1 eva = 8 - Hit! - 210 dmg - 179 mit = 31 x 4 = 124 dmg, Flame Aura - 15 dmg

[H:2] @Zandra: 1,415/1,415 (98/140)
[H:4] Shield - HP: 1103/1301 | EP: 87/114 | MIT: 179 | FLA: 15 | TNT | EVA: -1 | H.B.: 8 | B.H.: 75

Dancing Crystal Blade 1 - HP685/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 2 - HP685/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 3 - HP685/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 4 - HP685/700 | DMG: 210

Zandra had missed her window on her charge attack, but that wasn't surprising. With the enemies quite literally coming out of the walls, keeping a bead on each threat was something of a problem. The upside was that although she missed, she did not expend as much energy. Shield focused his energy into the palm of his hand, amassing it into a glowing orb that he tossed over to his tentative ally. The blue bar replenished once again, and Shield turned his eyes back to the dancing swords.

"You know, usually dancing swords have actual people that summon them, but these ones are just floating around without an actual summoner," he grumbled. "I kinda feel like that's cheating."

The swords slashed at the stoic defender, taking small chunks off of his health gauge as his regeneration fought to stay on top of the damage. With each slash, he was getting closer and closer to the mark where his familiar's power would actually be necessary. However, there was still some slight satisfaction in seeing that the swords themselves were taking damage as they struck.

Edited by Shield

a9kNsMN.gif

Im previous attack missed, but I wouldn’t let that happened twice is a row. I activated my charge skill and flew forward. Or that was what I was thinking to do. But it seemed the previous turn had removed that opportunity. So instead I rushed forward as fast as my legs could carry me, I kept my focus on the hovering swords, made sure to not fail this time. When in range I activated the explode catapult sword art. The black two handed battle axe flew in wide circles, just a few centimeters from striking the tank. I saw my enery drop a huge amount. ‘’God damnit. It running out fast.’’ But also, quite a lot was refilled. I smiled when I realise it was the man that had energized me. ‘’Thanks there mate. This will definitely make things easier.’’ I said and gave him a thumb up after my attack had cleaved thru the mobs and reduced each of their health quite a bit.

Spoiler

Explode catapult 39x14=546 dmg +AoE

ID: 85708
BD: 8 Hit! Fallen activted

[H:0] Zandra: 1,415/1,415 (71/140) -28 +1 (+8 from Shield)

Dancing Crystal Blade 1 - HP: 139/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 2 - HP: 139/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 3 - HP: 139/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 4 - HP: 139/700 | DMG: 210

Spoiler

ID# 85710 results:

Craft: 12 - Recovery 3

MOB: 7 + 1 eva = 8 - Hit! - 210 dmg - 179 mit = 31 x 4 = 124 dmg, Flame Aura - 15 dmg

[H:1] @Zandra: 1,415/1,415 (79/140)
[H:4] Shield - HP: 1086/1301 | EP: 81/114 | MIT: 179 | FLA: 15 | TNT | EVA: -1 | H.B.: 8 | B.H.: 75

Dancing Crystal Blade 1 - HP: 124/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 2 - HP124/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 3 - HP124/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 4 - HP124/700 | DMG: 210

"I mean, I might as well," Shield quipped back, channeling another glowing sphere of energy. "I pretty much have no use for the stuff, so it might as well go where it's needed."

The ball of light hovered just above his palm, casting a dim glow across his face and arm. With a flick of his arm, he sent it to join the others, adding the points into Zandra's energy pool. It wasn't much, but it would be enough to keep them going for at least another fight after this one. Potentially more, if need be.

The swords, in the mean time, were on their last legs, already well into the red portion of their health bars. It was just as well. Another hit like the ones they had seen so far would be more than enough to finish them off. Whether because they sensed their imminent demise or because they were merely programmed to do so, they rallied for one last attack, cutting and slicing at Shield's legs and arms. The cuts began to close almost immediately, though more slowly than most opponents simply due to their higher damage.

"Got another hit in you, Zandra? I think they need to be put out of their misery."

Edited by Shield

After taking a few more hits as well as energizing me, the tank asked me if I had another hit in me. I just glared at him with raise eyebrows. A second later I barged into one of the swords, making it burst into blue and white crystals. Even before they started to fade, I had change my focus to the trio of still living swords. I smirked and made two quick swings, making all of the three floating weapons burst into crystals as well, just like there brother. I rested the axe on my shoulder and smiled at Shiel. ‘’If I got another hit? Well, it seemed I did right?’’ Then I glanced at the reward screen. There wasn’t anything that special. Except one of the items, a perfect armour. ‘’Oh, I’m not that into this new loot system yet. But we got ourself a perfect armour.’’ I said and looked at the tank. ‘’Also, are you ready to head in deeper in the labyrinth?’’

Spoiler

Action: Trample act 38x6=228 dmg +AoE

ID: 85711

ID: 85712-715
LD 1: 16+5=21
-CD: 6 +1 Perfect armour
LD 2: 9+5=14
-CD: 1 +1 Rare weapon
LD 3: 6+5=11
-CD: 10 2 t3 materials
LD 4: 4+5=9
-CD: 1 700*2=1,400 col

+8,400 col

[H:0] Zandra: 1,415/1,415 (68/140) -6 +1
[H:4] Shield - HP: 1086/1301 | EP: 81/114 | MIT: 179 | FLA: 15 | TNT | EVA: -1 | H.B.: 8 | B.H.: 75

Dancing Crystal Blade 1 - HP: 0/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 2 - HP: 0/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 3 - HP: 0/700 | DMG: 210
Dancing Crystal Blade 4 - HP: 0/700 | DMG: 210

Spoiler

ID# 85716 results:

Craft: 10 - Recovery 3

MOB: 2 + 1 eva = 3 - Miss

[H:0] @Zandra: 1,415/1,415 (68/140)
[H:4] Shield - HP: 1193/1301 | EP: 85/114 | MIT: 179 | FLA: 15 | TNT | EVA: -1 | H.B.: 8 | B.H.: 75

Dire Jewel Eater 1 - HP: 700/700 | DMG: 210
Dire Jewel Eater 2 - HP: 700/700 | DMG: 210
Dire Jewel Eater 3 - HP: 700/700 | DMG: 210
Dire Jewel Eater 4 - HP: 700/700 | DMG: 210

"I'm always ready," he replied with a nod, turning his attention further down the hall and waiting for Zandra to take the lead once again. "Also, since the equipment needs appraising, I recommend taking it to my shop to have it done. We can work out a deal later as far as who gets what depending on what enhancements end up on what we find."

The passage widened as they explored, angling outward until they found themselves in the middle of an expansive area that seemed to be unlike the rest of the labyrinth and more like the floor itself. Shield glanced around at the ground which was littered with boulders encrusted with gems.

"Did we go through an exit without meaning to, or is this just-" before he could finish with his question, the ground below them began to rumble. "Oh, great."

Taking a long stride back and a deep breath, Shield waited for the would-be ambushers to emerge, and emerge they did. With a crash, boulders heaved upward as a wide section of ground burst up into the air. With a push from his core, he hurled the contents of his lungs at the familiar hedgehog-like creatures.

"Come and get it, you spiny devils!" he bellowed, although as he studied the creatures, he realized they were much more tough looking than those he had encountered with Hirru. The creatures tucked into balls and rolled at him, their needle-like spines seeming to elongate as they bore down on Shield. He held out the Manticore Shield to protect himself, which somehow managed to divert the creatures like a dam. "That was a close one."

Edited by Shield

‘’Well that sounds good.’’ I answered automatically before I rembered I already had a personal merchant I used to go to. But I haven’t herd from her for quite awhile. Nor have I visited her either. Maybe her business was more. So I didn’t cared of correcting my reply.

The couple pressed on deeper into the labyrinth. For each step they took, a little bit more map data was gathered. It also seemed to have calmed down when it came to engaging enemies. I did kept my axe ready just in case there would be an ambush. Thou I didn’t doubted that the tank would pull them away from me anyway. But better safe then sorrow. We actually walked on for quite a bit when the corridor change to a huge open area. ‘’Maybe so.’’ I answered just before another group of mobs, hedgehog’s this time, appeared and crashed into Sgield’s shield. ‘’It surely was.’’ I replied and entered combat mode, slashed at the enemies, reducing their health a lot. ‘’And like that, they soon will be no more.’’ I said with a smile on my lips.

Spoiler

Action: Explode catapult 44x14=616 dmg

ID: 85717
BD: 7 Hit! Fallen activated

[H:0] @Zandra: 1,415/1,415 (41/140)
[H:4] Shield - HP: 1193/1301 | EP: 85/114 | MIT: 179 | FLA: 15 | TNT | EVA: -1 | H.B.: 8 | B.H.: 75

Dire Jewel Eater 1 - HP: 84/700 | DMG: 210
Dire Jewel Eater 2 - HP: 84/700 | DMG: 210
Dire Jewel Eater 3 - HP: 84/700 | DMG: 210
Dire Jewel Eater 4 - HP: 84/700 | DMG: 210

Spoiler

+75 HP - Battle Healing

ID# 85718 results:

Craft: 7 - Recovery 3

MOB: 1 + 1 eva = 2 - Miss

[H:1] @Zandra: 1,415/1,415 (49/140)
[H:4] Shield - 
HP: 1268/1301 | EP: 79/114 | MIT: 179 | FLA: 15 | TNT | EVA: -1 | H.B.: 8 | B.H.: 75

Dire Jewel Eater 1 - HP: 84/700 | DMG: 210
Dire Jewel Eater 2 - HP: 84/700 | DMG: 210
Dire Jewel Eater 3 - HP: 84/700 | DMG: 210
Dire Jewel Eater 4 - HP: 84/700 | DMG: 210

With their hit points almost instantly depleted down to nothing, Shield was disappointed to see them hanging on by one last little bit of health. He cursed under his breath, but even as he did so, he knew that this was a good deal quicker than his battles usually went, so he did his best to hold his tongue and not jinx anything.

Though he had done all he could to keep it as full as possible, Zandra's energy was finally beginning to show signs of depleting. He tightened his axe hand into a fist before opening his fingers, his axe's handle pinched firmly between his thumb and forefinger. In his palm, he conjured up another ball of energy and tossed it to Zandra, hoping it would be enough to keep them going a little while longer. As he looked back to the jewel eaters, they were just coming back around, looping in wide circles as they continued their rolling attacks. Holding up his shield once again, they bounced harmlessly away.

"Almost there!" he called out over the clashing of battle. "One last little bit!"

Edited by Shield