[F4-pp]Exterminating the Pack (RGQ qith Stryder) COMPLETE

Deep in the snowy forests of the fourth floor, there lives a pack of wolves. These wolves are bigger than the wolf one normally finds in these woods and they are many. The Pack is lead by a group of alpha wolves with white fur, whose eyes glow as blue as the core of an ice elemental. Lead by these wolves the pack wanders the forests, hunting down other predators as well as the few animals the human hunter could hunt without risking his life.
In the latest time, the pack was seen close to a small settlement, whose NPC inhabitants were caribou herders, but with the dangerous wolves outside their settlement they can't bring the herd to their grazing ground. To help those poor herders and their animals a bounty is paid to the one who eliminates the threat. To find the pack one must enter the deep forests and find a hidden cave, which is where the pack will return to after a long hunt. This is the best place to hunt them down and exterminate the pack.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a long morning of tracking, Sky groaned. He had accepted a quest from a farmer who had asked him to wipe out some wolves who were being pesks to his farm. He wanted to find and take out the wolves, he needed to help these poor people.... Well, NPC's, but in this game they were one and the same, with the exception that unlike players, they couldn't die.... He sat down at the outskirts of the woods that they called home. Deep in this forest they called their home, deep within was where he was going to be fighting a pack of wolves. He didn't know the numbers, or how big they might be. All he knew, was that he wasn't scared. He had been in dozens of fights, and not once had he even nearly been killed, he was able to old his own, and he would now. Still.... A little help might have been nice, but he knew he was probably going alone.

"Im comin to get ya doggy!"

@Hei

Hei was at the fourth floor, enjoying a day in the cold snowy place, as he had just returned from the heat of the desert. The heat was nearly unbearable for him, and so he had decided to come here for his day off. The big forest to his left reminded him of what one sees regularly in TV around Christmas, even though everything looked a little darker than the nice Nordic forests one sees on TV. - I'll have a few hours before I want to return, so what could I do? - he asked himself, thinking of what he had done on this floor so far.

The last time he had been here, he had met Stryder and they had gone on a hunt for some gigantic ice elemental field boss, which had been fun, even though they had fallen into a cave and coming back out of there had been difficult. - That where good times, maybe I should ask Stryder what he is doing. If he isn't engaged in something at the moment, he might be happy to meet up and have some fun together - And so Hei sent a private message to Stryder.

Hi @Stryder,
I just happened to think about our hunting trip to the fourth floor. I thought that it was fun, and wondered, if you had time to repeat that.
If you have any good ideas what to do, or when to meet the next time, it would be my pleasure to meet for some fun stuff.

Yours, Hei

• 2 weeks later...

Sky was about to charge headfirst towards the dogs before he saw a message pop up, he had no idea who it was from, though he was on a hunt!!! He needed to go in and kill the dam things! He sighed, opening the message, seeing it was from his pal Hei, a guy he had done a quest with a little while ago.

Hi Stryder, I just happened to think about our hunting trip to the fourth floor. I thought that it was fun, and wondered, if you had time to repeat that.
If you have any good ideas what to do, or when to meet the next time, it would be my pleasure to meet for some fun stuff.

Sky couldn't have been more suprised or happy, he had just been thinking about getting help, and now..... He had a partner!!! He quickly replied, sending a message back.

@Hei Hey, I'm on the fourth floor doing a hunt for some NPC's, i need to kill a pack of wolves.... Its not looking good, i haven't found them yet but i'v chased them to the forest, and i have a feeling a massive pack is gonna be there. If you want to come join me, i would welcome the help!

After sending that he grins, sitting down and watching the forest intently, he didn't want to get ambushed afterall.

Hey was surprised how quick an answer to his message popped up. He opened he message and read it, and what it said was ... well ... fantastic? or strange?  Stryder was on the same floor and he actually was doing something interesting and maybe fun. He was going on a hunt and he probably wasn't far away. - It must be my lucky day, I should invite him into a party, so I can better find him and go help him with his pack problem - and so Hei opened his friendlist and sent an party request to Stryder.

At the same time he did that, he more or less switched into battle mode and equipped his armour instead of the black cloak, grabbed his spear and went of to search for Stryder and the wolves. The white frosty forest was a little scary, especially if you knew that a whole pack of evil wolves was waiting in there somewhere, and that they probably where strong enough to kill him. So Hei rushed through the forest looking for his friend and also looking out if there were any big mobs around.

When Sky saw the request, he instantly accepted, hitting the beautiful circle which appeared in front of him. It was a useful system, and he was going to be easy to track now, for Hei at least. He looked into the forest, taking a deep breath before walking in, taking great strides as he tried to track the wolves. He wasn't going to lie, tracking was hard. He didn't have the skill for it yet, and he wouldn't have it for a long time.... Though he wanted it, it would help him a lot when doing stuff like this!!! 

He was about to wait for Hei when he spotted something, tracks. He grinned, having found something he could track, without needing the skill. He slowly started walking along the line, only to hear something....

Spoiler

ID# 87034 results:

Battle: 2+3+1(Concentration)

Acupuncture - 10*3x3-90 - 10 Energy

Stryder 280/280HP | 18/28 Energy | 3 ACC | 18MIT | 1EVA } Concentration - 5/5 (Cooldown)

Bear 80/170 HP 51 DMG

ID# 87035 results:

MOB: 1 (Crit Miss

Sky heard it before it even pounced, quickly spinnign around and using his Acupuncture Sword art for the very first time!!! As the bear came he quickly ducked, getting underneith it and smashing it in the gut, hitting it so hard it flipped onto its back. He quickly leaped up, smashing it in its vital points before he jumped off it. He realized that he had used his concentration, having just realizedthe bear was coming and he had time to make sure he hit! 

"Dam forest bear...."

When Stryder accepted the party invite, his name appeared in the top left corner of Hei's vision and he was able to track him down on the map. He rushed the way Stryder was and there were just a few meters left until he would reach him, when Stryders energy bar dropped down. - He must be fighting, I should check on him, and help, if there is anything I can do. - Hei thought, hurrying even more than before. When he reached Stryder, he saw him standing over a bear, that was lying on the ground, it's HP bar already yellow. Hei didn't wait until he really knew what was going on, but grabbed his spear and while running at the bear charged his Dragonfly Cutter. He released the swordskill and the spear thrust forth and back, leaving red marks on the bear and disabling it from moving for a short time. The bears HP dropped down into the red and Hei said "seems like I just appeared at the right time for some fun"

Spoiler

Stryder 280/280HP | 18/28 Energy | 3 ACC | 18MIT | 1EVA } Concentration - 5/5 (Cooldown) | Heat 1
Hei 280/280 HP | 17/28 Energy | 3 ACC | 2 Eva | 1 Savvy | Heat 2

Bear 8/170 HP 51 DMG Stunned

ID# 87039
Battle: 9 -> crit -> (8+1)*(4x2) = 72 DMG + stun | -11 energy

OOC: @Stryder you have to change your stats, as you are level 14 in this quest (RGQ rules) ans so you just have 280 HP and so on.

Edited by Hei

(My bad XD I changed them to correct stats for the thread)

Spoiler

ID# 87050 results:

Battle: 3+3=6

Flash Punch - 10*1x1 - 10

Stryder 280/280HP | 18/28 Energy | 3 ACC | 18MIT | 1EVA } Concentration - 4/5 (Cooldown)

Bear 80/170 HP 51 DMG

ID# 87051 results:

MOB: 5-1-=4 miss

ID# 87053 results:

Craft: 8 - 1 MAT

Loot: 7 

170*3= 410 Col

Sky pushed into the gut of the bear, leaping up as it swung a claw out at him, still on its back. As he pushed into the air, he flipped backwards, noticing Hei dashing in, using a brutal sword art to nearly kill the bear!!! Seeing the opportunity infront of hi, he grinned, landing against a tree and launching himself off it, flying towards and pulling his fist back, delivering a crushing Flash Punch into the bear, it exploding from the point of impact into countless rainbow shards.

"Almost in time for some fun, thanks for the help!" He said, grinning as he stood up, dusting off his suit. He wanted to get rid off it, it didn't really suit him anymore. He looked up into the forest, glad it was quiet. 

"I tracked them here before getting ambushed by the bear, i think they went.... west deeper into the forest" He said to him, thinking as he looked around, seeing slight bits of tracks.

When Stryder fist punched the bear so hard it exploded into pixels, Hei realized, that the most fights wouldn't be hard, but there would probably be some great time for having fun. "You're welcome, and thanks for waiting with the fun part of hunting down wolves." he added, while he sat down in the snow, to recharge some energy. Even though he hadn't done more than one attack, it drained nearly half his energy and he would need to become more economical with his energy when they would fight stronger enemies, or multiple enemies at once. When he walked over to where Stryder was, he heard him saying something about being ambushed by the bear and tracking them deeper into the forest. "When you say they went deeper, we should do so too, but maybe we should try to avoid fighting until our energy is fully recharged. Maybe we could do some material gathering alongside tracking the pack, as we venture deeper into the woods."  and just to strengthen his statement, Hei changed from his armour as active item to the dark black cloak, so he would be able to gather more effective. Shortly after that, he found an interesting plant, that grew beneath a big tree and defied the frost and gathered it.

Spoiler

ID# 87054
Loot: 14+3 = 17 -> 1 T1 mat found

Energy +1 -> 18/28

Edited by Hei

Sky looked around, knowing his energy was depleted quite a lot. He could take out maybe one or two of the wolves.... But he couldn't take out the pack easily, even with Hei's help. Some of the wolves were Dire Wolves.... Who were about two times stronger then the normal wolves, and a lot more ferocious.... And he had a feeling their would be more then a few he had seen, as the pack had seemed a little small....

"Hei, i think their might be more of them then i saw..... I don't know why, but i just.... Feel that they were to hasty to escape, like they were running somewhere to get help..." He said, leaning against the tree he had launched off, the freezing wind blowing his hair aorund, though he took zero notice, instead thinking about how they could do this. He knew if they fought all of them at once, they WOULD die.... But their had to be a way... Maybe draw them out?

"I agree.... Lets stay out of anymore squables until we are back in fighting strength"

1turn

Hei hadn't really thought, that Stryder would stay calm, as he seemed to be a little quick when it came to fighting and so haw happy to hear that. - Seems like he has realized, that mobs can get strong, especially if one runs in without being prepared. - he thought while he walked around, looking for more useful materials. The forest was full of ways to find material he had learned from Aereth, who had first thought him about gathering materials.  For example one could look for small animals, as they often gathered them themself and one could easily take them. But Hei was looking for more plants that  would look out of the snow, but he wasn't lucky and found nothing of interest.

Spoiler

ID# 87059
Loot: 3 + 3 = 6 -> nothing found

When he came back from wandering around he asked Stryder "Hey Stryder, how have you found out about this pack of wolves we are hunting, and is there more information than the little you sent me via pm?"

Energy: +1 -> 19/28

Edited by Hei

Post 2, 1 more till full energy

"I found out after running into a distressed farmer, he offered payment for taking out a pack of harassing wolves. As for what i know, their is around four of them, that i have seen, but the way they ran from me.... I feel their is a few more deeper in, and some of them looked like Dire Wolves" He replied to Hei, still leaning against the tree. He didn't want them to actually be able to kill them, but he knew in an all out fight, they were doomed. No matter how strong they were as of right now, these things could and would tear them open, and he wasn't ready to die yet. 

We could lure them out with food, but.... will they fall for it? Maybe take them out one at a time, but still we would be under attack from who knows how many of the bastards at once.... What other options do we have....

When Stryder told him, that he had found out about them from a farmer, and that he had seen some wolves already and was sure there were even more in the woods, he had a bad feeling about it. Fighting a pack of wolves would be dangerous, as anyone knew wolves were great hunters as long as they were fighting as a team. "So you say, there are more than the four you saw, and some of them might even be direwolves. That doesn't sound to good. Do you have any ideas how to find them and at best not fight more then two or so at once?" he said, and waited for Stryder's response.

After he heard him out, he went on to search for a little more material, but he kept closer to the tree where Stryder was standing, so he could come and help in case of wolves coming for him. He had already walked around here, but this time he noticed something reflecting the sunlight and when he took a closer look, Hei saw that it was some kind of metal. He collected it for it could be helpful material for crafting.

Spoiler

ID# 87106
Loot: 13+3 = 16 -> found T1 material -> 2 T1 mats

Edited by Hei

Energy Regenerated

Sky pondered the thought, judging by how strong this bear was, he could fight maybe one or two on his own, and with Hei's help.... He still thought he could only fight maybe one or two at a time...

"Maybe if we lure one or two out, and we each take out one or two of them? As for how, maybe.... we could lure them out with some meat?" He said, wondering a plan. He really didn't know waht to do, it was a hard time thinking of a plan that didn't get them killed. No matter what, at the end of this something was going to happen, weather its them succeeding in winning this or them dying, one of it was going to happen. He wasn't scared though, he had never gone down to much in a fight, and if the cause came for it he could always run away from the fight, and Hei was here, it wasn't just him for once. He grinned, ready to do whatever was needed to be done.

As Hei's energy was fully regenerated he was getting ready for their fight, meaning him switching his equipment back to armour instead of cloak. Even though the wolves would be strong, he was not really worried about fighting them, as the spear was a great weapon for fighting multiple enemies at once. - If the wolves are as strong as the Bear we just fought, I might be able to land two Forceful Attacks, which should take down two thirds or even more of their HP, but after that, I wouldn't have any energy left, so I would have to attack them one at a time without a swordskill. Stryder may be quicker with his, or we could just fight them together, to save energy. So fighting them isn't really the problem, but he is right, we have to lure them out. - towards Stryder he said "It's a good idea to lure them out, but I don't know if it is better to each fight one ore two, or to fight them together. I can't kill them with the little energy I have, as aoe attacks drain it quite quick. Maybe we should try to flank them and kill them together. And for a good thing to lure them out, we could hunt a deer or stag to gather some fresh meat."

Spoiler

H1 Stryder 236/280HP | 18/28 Energy | 3 ACC | 18MIT | 1EVA } Concentration - Usable

ID# 87350 results:

Battle: 9+3=Crit (1dmg)

Acupuncture 10+1*3x3= 99DMG - Dire Wolf

Dire Wolf - 81/180HP 54 DMG 

ID# 87352 results:

MOB: 1

Wolf - 140 HP 42 DMG

ID# 87354 results:

MOB: 10(+2dmg) - Stryder

(Note for anyone who checks rolls. Dice roller messed up and rolled twice for both, for fairness i took highest mob dice from the double rolls)

"Well.... Luring them won't be easy, but maybe we could try and hunt down the pack as it hunts?" He suggested, before hearing the errie sound of bushes rustling.

Sky, quickly ducking as a HUGE dire wolf, around twice the size of a normal wolf, pure white and beautiful, water falling off its body as it lept at him, going right over his head, swore loudly. Sky was glad he had managed to actually doge that, the wolf being HUGE, and if it had hit him, it would have bloody hurt. He charged in, the wolf having hit a tree and landed on its side. He used his Acupunture sword art, delivering strikes to key joints, and as his last blow hit, he felt something brutal, he looked down at his side, and saw fangs coming through his body, as well as a claw scratch across his leg, a mark that he knew hurt. He pushed himself forwards, out of the fangs and claw, kicking off the dire wolf and landing.

"Stupid MUTT"

@Hei

Hei was standing there, when he saw how Stryder looked over to some bushes and then ducked out of a big white wolf's attack. - Wow, that was amazing, I don't know if I had been quick enough to evade such a surprise attack. - Not just that Stryder evaded the attack, he also quickly ran for the beast and attacked it with his bare hands, damaging it pretty bad. But what Stryder couldn't see but Hei could was a second wolf coming from the bushes and attacking him. Hei was gonna warn him, but his "Stryder, turn around, there's another one" come to late, as the wolf quickly attacked the fighter. As Stryder freed himself of the wolf's fangs, Hei grabbed his spear and charged a swordskill, while he walked towards them. When the spear was glowing in a dark red, Hei thrust it forward, impaling both the wolf and the dire wolf. The swordskills glow disappeared, as did the HP of both monsters. The normal wolf's HP dropped to yellow, and the dire wolf's dropped to red, as Hei stood there and yelled "Their both pretty low, can you end it quick?"

Spoiler

H1 Stryder 236/280HP | 18/28 Energy | 3 ACC | 18MIT | 1EVA } Concentration - Usable
H2 Hei 280/280 HP | 14/28 Energy | 3 ACC | 2 Eva
Dire Wolf: 11/180 HP | 54 DMG
Wolf: 70/140 HP | 42 DMG

ID# 87355
Battle: 10 -> crit -> +2 base dmg -> 10* 7x1 = 70 dmg AOE -> Dire wolf 11/180 HP | Wolf: 70/140 HP
Hate +2 | -14 Energy

Edited by Hei
Spoiler

H2 Stryder 193/280HP | 7/28 Energy | 3 ACC | 18MIT | 1EVA } Concentration - Usable

36+25= 61

ID# 87356 results:

Battle: 4+3=Hit

Tornado Kick - 10*6x1=60

H2 Hei 280/280 HP | 14/28 Energy | 3 ACC | 2 Eva
Dire Wolf: 11/180 HP | 54 DMG

ID# 87357 results:

MOB: 7-1=Hit 52-18= 36

Wolf: 10/140 HP | 42 DM

ID# 87358 results:

MOB: 9+1dmg 43-18= 25

Loot Roll Dire Wolf

Spoiler

ID# 87359 results:

Craft: 8

Loot: 16

- 3 T1 Crafting Mats

- 180*3- 540 Col

Quest Progress

2 High Level mobs killed

4 Low Level, 1 High level remaining

Watched as Hei ran in to help, though he was a little to late. Sky quickly ducked under the first paw strike of the Dire Wolf, which had gotten up, but he quickly felt a second tear through his face, he responded by using the impact to do a full three sixty, charging his Tornado kick,  the second wolf charging in. Sky quickly let it go, delivering a brutal kick to both wolves, the Dire wolf exploding into thousands of pieces, the other slamming into a tree and attacking him!!! He more claws scratch right through his body, his HP dropping lower, having gone down by over a quarter, the lowest it had ever really gone before.

"Kill this mutt!" He yelled out, staying composed as he grabbed the wolfs neck, holding it from biting him, and hoping he was able to help Hei get the finishing blow with that brutal spear he used.

@Hei

Hei was just retreating from the wolf, so he could use his spear with its full power, when Stryder got attacked by moth wolfs again. They damaged him a lot, at least as Hei would say, but he knew the fight would be over very soon, as Stryder kicked both wolfs, killing the dire one and holding the normal one, so he could land a deadly hit. Seeing how low the wolfs HP was, he just charged a weaker swordskill and his spear began glowing in a bright purple. When he released the Maiming Blow the spear hit the wolf right in it's leg and the HP began to drop, when Hei pulled it back and thrust it once more, the Wolf exploded into pixels. "Hey, we got them, what do you think how many are left?" Hei said towards Stryder, then he had a look at the monster drops and was a little disappointed by it being just some col, but he of course accepted the reward either way.

Spoiler

H2 Stryder 193/280HP | 7/28 Energy | 3 ACC | 18MIT | 1EVA } Concentration - Usable
H2 Hei 280/280 HP | 11/28 Energy | 3 ACC | 2 Eva
Wolf: 0/140 HP | 42 DM

ID# 87360
Battle: 4 +3 = 7 -> hit -> 8*4 = 32 DMG -> 0/140 -> dead

ID# 87361
Loot: 4 -> just the 420 col

Quest Progress

2 High Level mobs killed
1 Low Level mob killed

3 Low Level, 1 High level remaining

Edited by Hei
Spoiler

H2 Stryder 203/280HP | 10/28 Energy | 3 ACC | 18MIT | 1EVA } Concentration - Usable
H2 Hei 280/280 HP | 11/28 Energy | 3 ACC | 2 Eva

Quest

3 Low Level, 1 High level remaining

Sky didn't react much as Hei crushed the last wolf with his sword art. He had nothing to say, except to lean against the tree again, listening for anymore. He was alert, using all his senses, wishing he had the skill to track them properly. After around a minute he breathed a sigh of relief, glad that they were in the clear.... For now, by his guesses, he might be wrong.

"I think about four left....." He replies to Hei, a little upset that they still had to fight more. This was the most fighting he had ever done at once, sure it was in parts, but he rarely fought this many creatures in a row. He normally just fought one or two, not in the woods, fighting for his life... While he managed to keep his composure outwards, on the inside he was getting a little worried, hoping that nothing was going to happen that was to serious. He had lost a fair amount of HP during that fight, and had left his potions at his house, forgetting to bring them every time he had gone out.... Never again would he make that mistake.