<<The boy in black>> Worn out Welcome (SP_F3)

She burst through the doors to the NPC's shop and immediately moved to the husband and wife that stood at the counter. They appeared taken a back from her sudden barging in, and even further surprised that she already had a player made item. "What do I have to do?" She asked the couple unkindly. They gave each other a look of confusion and then quickly told her of the dark elf in the forest. Of course it was in the forest. She might as well live there as much as she had to be there for quests. She exited the shop and quickly turned back to the normal route she took to the forest of wavering mists. She was so close to tier two, she could already taste it. Her skills had become much better than before and she was on her way to actually being something. She cut through the trees, knowing that she had to go through quite a bit of stuff before she got to her target. She had better not have to deal with those spiders again. They gave her good money, but we're quite boring to have to deal with. Perhaps she would become less bored when she was tier two ok and could actually fight stronger things by herself. She was almost to the stage where dungeons were going to be a constant thing. If she could find them that was. 

She moved through the trees, preparing herself for any creatures that may or may not be lurking in the bushes or trees. She had been to this place so much that she knew where most of the crevices and spawn areas were and now managed to avoid them. She still had no idea where to find the most material areas. She figured her scouting skill must be invested into further to find those on a daily basis. Her dagger skill was one rank from being grandmastered now, meaning that she could deal a bit more damage, but the most damage was still to come. She needed to get her sneak and hide before she finished that though. Then, she could complete Gemini and Arabian nights. Her skills would be much better overall. She cut through another branch and heard the kidnapping of others in the distance. That signed another player or a mob. She began to crouch, allowing her low level sneak and hide to come into effect. Her dagger was out as she crept forth, moving to find the sounds origin. She heard grunts, and the occasional spider squarely. Least it sounded like the spiders that roamed this forest. They were big nasty creatures that she did not care too much for. It sounded from here that someone was fighting it. 

She found the source of the sounds. A cloaked male with a sleek black sword fought against not one, but two spiders at once. One was at half-health and the other in red. A quick thrust of the man's blade and the second spider was dead, leaving a one on one. She was just about to turn around when she seen it. The boy's health bar was in the red and his energy bar was almost completely depleted. He appeared to be stepping away from the spider, obviously trembling. The boy was going to die. She felt an urge in her stomach to help the man, but had no idea why. She did not know this man. She had little care for him and had no idea what his name was. She had little reason to even care for this man. She felt her hand on her dagger as she inched forward. She should not risk her own life by helping this man. The spider thrust forward, but he managed to roll away just in time before being flattened and then drained alive by the creature. She stepped away, turning away. The man had no idea he was here, he would die alone and think he was alone where there was no one to save him. He deserved it, traveling alone and uncautionary. He should have known straight what he was walking k ing into. Question was, WHY DID SHE CARE? She felt herself leaving her body, her vision dimming as the flashback hit her. The scene played over like a recording.

Hospital

June 29th, 2005. 8:36 PM

Hilda stood there, frightened as she stood in the waiting room. Just hours ago, as he had received terrifying news from men called police officers that her mother got in a car crash, and was now suffering injuries. The doctors would not let the young girl in the room, which she fought against. She now sat in the waiting room, sitting across from the officer who was the bearer of bad news. She did NOT like this man. She put her fingers in her ears anytime he tried to say anything. He had even brought her dinner, but she would not touch it. The food looked good, but she did not want to consume anything that that man had brought her. Several other waited in the room, but other than the police officer she only knew one. Aunt Tilly sat in tears a few seats away, upon Hilda's request. She was crying and the young girl wonders if she could have possibly made her aunt cry when she said she did not want to sit next to her. She hardly ever saw the woman and had little comfortably even being near the lady. She looked back to the police officer and said with venom in her voice, "When are you going to let me see my mommy" Her voice was deathly calm, but surprisingly rude. The man flinched and began to reply, "uh I cant" then a man in a white suit began to walk their way, his expression grim. He walked to the police officer a first and whispered something to him. The police officer sat there, his face dawned with new horror. The man in white turned around and got on his knees, down to her level. She liked that. He looked at her with solemn eyes and said, "Alright sweety, please don't cry. Come with me, and we are going to talk about your mother" The little girl, confused,  nodded to the man. They walked through the doors to a hallway and he looked straight forward as he said, "Your mother... passed away from her injuries. I ambsorry to say, but your mother is gone" The words were unbelievable, heart destroying words. She froze for a second, comprehending the harsh words. They she broke. With a scream she burst forward, sprinting through the halls, just trying to find her mother and get out of here. "MOMMY? MOMMY! WHERE ARE YOU!" She screamed and felt someone grab her. The policeman. She kicked and squirmed but his hands were like iron vices. He took her screaming body into a room, where aunt Tully sat, bawling as she spoke to the doctor. The woman was furious at the teens and how it was unfair that they had survived. The little girl bawled, her eyes streaming tears. Then, Tilly got a sight of Hilda and began to cry to the doctor about how she had told Hilda's mother the stupidity of allowing college kids to watch her children. That she should have not even got into the neighbor hood. 

The only thing Hilda comprehended from those words, were that if she would not have gone to the baby sitters her mother would have been alive. She caused her mother's death. 

She recovered from the flashback with a tear. She was responsible for her mother's death. She would have never had gone on that road with drunk teens, if she did not exist. Her mother would be alive if she had not gone to that baby sitters. She looked back to the battle and found the boy, now disarmed pinned the the ground by the snapping spider. It's fangs prepared to finish the job. She could NOT let someone else die on her account. She had killed before, but Stacy had deserved that more than anything. Her mother had been innocent, those teens should have died, burned to death in a fiery inferno while crashing into the side of a building. Stupidity did not exactly deserve death either. She was going to help this man. She went to a deathly calm, scaling the tree quickly, climbing over, and then falling to the ground in one graceful move. She thrust her weapon into the spider, her blade completely knocking the spider off the boy who scrambled away in fear. Instantly, she kept on the move, slashing her weapon through the spiders bodyn. It squealed, but shattered upon a few more slashes. She sheathed her dagger and turned towards the boy. This was the second life she had saved in Aincrad. Aincrad was quite in debt. 

The contrived his hood, but she kept hers on as she she growled forward, her hood completely concealing her facial features. The boy had dark black hair and pale skin. He had blue eyes that were full of fear and relief. He looked around her age, probably older by about a year or two. He gulped before saying in the voice of a sixteen year old boy, "Thanks for uh... you know... saving me" He raised his hands into the air and tried for a smile, but he was obviously just as afraid of her as the spider. He made one dark chuckle and replied, "Don't mention it, now get out of this forest. Obviously. You can't handle it" She walked past the boy who seemed relieved as she walked by. She was almost out of the clearing when she paused at the sound of his voice. She turned to see him retrieving his black sword and speaking. "The name is Blackshade. I always thought I would be the one saving the girl, not uh... The other way around" She giggled a second and then replied, "Well it makes sense. The girl is probably quite a bit better than your sorry tail" He gave an embarrassed grin. Obviously he was trying to go for the funny guy personality. She turned fully to him and asked, "Blackshade? Where did that come from?" He smiled, obviously happy he succeeded in conversation. "It's my last name. Blackshade. Nicholas Blackshade is the name"

"Nicholas Blackshade? Not a bad name you got there, Nico" Already finding a name to lord over him. He smiled shyly and then began to walk towards her. "Mind if I party with you for a bit?" She looked away. She preferred to travel solo, but he was probably going to die if she let him go now. She nodded to him and said, "You can come with. Mentioning now, if you try anything suspicious, I am going to rip you apart with my dagger" He laughed nervously. "Alright, I'll just tag along. If it's alright I will stay out of combat. I have only invested into the Sneak and Hide skill. I have grandmastered it just recently though" She nodded and began to go forward. The sneak and hide skill was only good after you got it with other skills. Grandmaster it right off the bat seemed foolish, but maybe he had a reason. It sounded strange, but perhaps he knew what he was doing. "So, Nico. What brings you to this floor?" He looked over to her and replied grimly, "My group and I separated. They don't want me anymore" He sounded rather sad about it actually. A party request popped up and she accepted it and the name Blackshade appeared under her health bar. He was slowly regaining health which was good. He chuckled and said, "Hidden? That has got to be the least unique name I have seen yet" she gave the boy a sarcastic laugh and replied, "Very funny. Believe it or not, it actually I'd the mixture of my first and last name!" He laughed and told her that he w as just kidding. 

Blackshade had not appeared to be any sorts of suspicious far, but she was curious about this group that cast him out. Most groups did not send you away unless they really did not like you, or you betrayed them. This man could have betrayed his guild. She had no o idea I'd he had only invested into sneak and hide. She decided to keep such thoughts to herself though. He now walked beside her, facing forward. "What are you doing in the forest of wavering mist?" He asked questionably. She looked at him for a moment before answering, "I am taking the Worn out Welcome quest. I need to get it done, just for the SP. The other rewards are trash and I just planned to give it away or sell it. I have no use for uncommon armors. So, here I am hunting a dark elf which will fall almost instantly" He nodded, understanding her words. She wondered if he had already done this quest before, but took it on with his group. Was it a group of low levels? She had no idea about what group he came from, or even if it was a guild or not. His build was unclear from what he told her, so even that was a mystery to her. This man had told her his name, revealed his face and she still knew nothing about him. He w as even talkative. He played her game as well as her, and was comfortable and not suspicious about doing it. He was good. 

As they walked forward, a snap was heard. Instantly she snapped her head in the direction, her dagger already in her hand. Another spider had come into the battlefield. Blackshade moved backwards away from it. Her made a nervous chuckle and said, "I am just going to sit this one out if you don't mind" With that he instantly vanished, melted into the shadows of the trees. One thing for sure was that he was not lying about having the Sneak and hide skill. The spider began its advance and she darted forward to intercept it. She took her dagger and slashed through the spider's body. It squealed in pain and rage and attempted to snap her with its printers. She dodged masterfully by leaping into the air away from it. Gracefully landing on the ground, she made a quick attempt to find the boy, but had no seen him. He was quite good at hiding, especially when she was so observant. The spider seemed to be recovering from her attack, beginning its advance on her once more. It was a bit annoying that Nico could not help her, but she always worked better alone. 

85797 BD:3+3 MD:7-3

Hidden 480/480 <> 41/48

Spider A 176/240         DMG:8*8=64

Edited by Hidden

Hidden moved quick as an arrow and she shot over to the spider. It lashed forward with bits spear-like legs and bit with its fangs. She managed to dodge it all, flipping up with a spin and coming down on top of it. As she landed, she put all of her strength into thrusting through its iron hard skin. Her blade became of of a shadowy essence and it through the skin of the spider before returning to its metal state. She ripped her dagger upward, opening a gash and sending electrical tendrils through the spider's body. She leapt off the spider and with a graceful landing noticed that Nico had come out of hiding. "Extraordinary" the boy muttered, peering at the now disengaged spider. "Your skill with the dagger is amazing. You have rendered it helpless" He stared at her dagger for a second, appearing to have realized where the work had come from. The damage had all been from her, but the effects had been from the work of the dagger. The spider had lost a bit of health, but they still had quite a bit to go. "I shall return into the shadows and allow you to finish your work from here. It. Is fun to watch" She gave the man a questioning glance, but said nothing. She was not one that liked to be observed. It made her feel predictable. 

85806 BD:9 MD:5

Hidden 480/480 <> 34/48

Spider A 104/240 (Paralyzed 1/1 | Bleed 2/2)         DMG:8+1)*8=72

Edited by Hidden

Hidden stepped forward to the spider that laid helpless on the ground. Her attacks and bleed effect should finish off the spider quickly, but she would still have to spend just a bit of more time. She raised her dagger and smiled wickedly down at the giant spider that lay at her feet. In a flash, she slashed through its body, slicing ruthlessly. It littered violently which caused her to wonder if they felt pain. If they had a mindset like a real monster. A will to survive. She stepped away as it slowly began to stand and recover. Dark red shards seeped out of the wound in its chest. Nico was no where to be seen. His skill in it was true, but it had no effect if he actually could do more. He was still a mystery to her, but he knew already of her capabilities. He could possibly just be gathering intel on her. He appeared to be a nice guy, but it could be a mask. Perhaps she was just being far too precautions about the ordeal. The spider stood with a shriek, shrugging off the rest of its paralysis. It hissed and began back on her again. 

85842 BD:4+3 MD:Paralyzed

Hidden 480/480 <> 27/48

Spider A 28/240 (Paralyzed 0/1 | Bleed 1/2)

DMG:8*8=64+12=76

Edited by Hidden

Hidden smirked as the spider stepped forward, a wild look in the beasts eyes. She knew its health was low and she would be able to finish it off in a single blow. Clutching her dagger tighter, she darted forward after the spider. It hissed and made several offensive moves, but each failed due to her unmatchable speed. She dodged backward and then darted in. Then, her sure footing failed her. Her foot slipped on slick ground, her knee plunging into the grass. She growled in anger, her eyes darkening several shades as she return to stand. That was literally a waste of her time. She backed away, knowing the tactical thing was to strike from a different angle and move. Fighting this was bad. It was a bad standpoint as the spider had begun to move its way at her upon her fall. She could imagine Blackshade laughing his tail of at the moment when she seen her. Umbra was seen sitting down, watching the battle intently. She glared at her familiar and said, "You could help for once in your like you know" The shadow fox stood, looking hauntingly at the spider. It arched its back like a cat, as if the fox would pounce the spider. 

85843 BD:1 MD:5

Hidden 480/480 <> 26/48

Spider A 16/240 

Edited by Hidden

Hidden would watch as Umbra would begin to crawl forward after the spider, it's claws were seen like dark glowing knives sticking from its paws. Umbra had some control over her physical form like size and density. She could almost completely vanish by thinning herself out, or increase her size by a little more than a foot. The spider managed to see the stealthy beast and turned on it hissing. It struck forward with its legs, piercing the essence of her familiar. A whine was heard and the shadow familiar backed up quickly, a hole seen in her body. It was patching itself as quickly as it had been made. The girl rolled her eyes and moved forward, but the spider had began to scuttle up the nearest tree. She smiled at the clever spider. But it was not the only thing in the forest that could climb. 

85844 BD:1 MD:7-3

Hidden 480/480 <> 25/48

Spider A 16/240 

Edited by Hidden

The spider hurriedly scuttled up the tree, moving away from its attacker with quick speed. She smirked and darted forward. She planted her first foot onto the tree and pushed upward, running up the side of the tree. Then everything went crazy. The spider came crashing down, looking a bit dazed as it fell through the air. She dove to the side, swinging on one of the branches. As it fell below her she jumped. She tumbled gracefully through the air, and heard the thud as the spider hit the ground. She landed atop, slamming her dagger into its body. The blade moved right through the skin and opened another gash, but died instantly as she pulled out her blade. It shattered, leaving her in the mess of all the shattered fragments. She sheathed her weapon and looked over as Nico returned into view. He had a grin on his face, appearing a little happy for the spider dying. If he had helped, perhaps it might not have taken her as long as it did. She had received a pretty good amount of col from that entire ordeal, and was rather pleased with the outcome. She was untouched as well, so no waiting around to heal. 

Battle: 85845 BD:9 MD:4

Hidden 480/480 <> 21/48

Spider A 0/240 

Loot:85848 LD:19+4 CD:2. 3120 Col

3120 Col total

Edited by Hidden
  • 3 weeks later...

Hidden walked forward, meeting Nico in the middlee. His smile slowly faded and he said, "You are welcome for the assist. It might have gotten away ya know" She frowned. What was he- oh. He had shoved it down from the tree, taking it by surprise with the sneak attack mod. She shook her head and replied, "Let us just go and find that damned elf and get out of here. I am only here to level up, and if I just get distracted repeatedly, I will never get it done" She turned to him, and noticed that his dark eyes stared at her contently, as if he was absorbing out all of the information about her. "Anything you can tell me about your old guild, or why you got kicked out?" He turned to her, looking with a pained look in his eyes. "My guild was more of an information scouting guild. We scooped up information for a few other builds such as players, guilds, or even farming areas. I was never the scouting type, but my hiding skill always put me first. It even earned the title 'New Moon'. The guilds name was 'Eternal Night'. Not much to the name that you would know of" He turned away. He still had mentioned nothing about how he got kicked out, but she was going to ask it later.

• 4 weeks later...

Hidden walked forward, the man behind her fell silent. Nicholas Blackshade was an interesting person indeed, but she had an odd suspicion that he was not telling ehr the whole detail. If he was going to stick around, he was going to have to. From Domarus, or her. She walked forward, moving in silently. She could hear her quest mob. The dark elf would be an easy chore for her, and she would dispatch it upon contact. Her dagger whipped out into her hand and she crept forward. Nicholas was soundless beside her, acting almost as a floating object. She was amazed how the sneak skill made him so soundless, its was a force  to be reckoned with. Her target was know in sight. It was a short creature, points ears and dark sinned. Its eyes were black like a devil's and its hand rested upon the hilt of a sheathed sword. If she could get closer, she might be able to sneak in from the shadows and kill it from afar. She made a wait motion with her finger at Nicholas and began to move forward, silently creeping in the direction of the tree nearest to her target. In mere seconds, she would have arrived at her destination,

She darted forward, her adrenaline pumping as the shadows ripped off of her, bringing her into sight from the creature. She did not have the Sneak Attack mod, so she couldn't go all the way. Her dagger glew a bright orange, and she watched as the creature turned, becoming aware of her precense. It gained a look of surprise just before she attacked. She lashed forward, her dagger quickly striking the target. It burst into pixels immediately and Blackshade appeared at her side. "I believe my job here is completed, now, let me get you out of this forest. I believe it is just this way a bit, and I will have you out of here" She sheathed her dagger and he nodded. Togetehr, the two began to move out of the clearing, beginning to trek back the way to the town. Blackshade was a quiet guy, she wondered what his guild actually did. But, sshe wouldn't be seeing him soon enough.

87518 BD:5+3 MD:1-1

Dark Elf is dropped dead.

Edited by Hidden

She moved forward, cutting through the trees in between her and the town. Nicholas Blackshade followed silently behind her, his face pale in the sunlight. They were getting close enough to be able to see the buildings through the dense trees. She turned around, facing the player that walked behind her. She cleared her throat and said, "We should split here. Follow these trees forward and you can go where you please" She nodded tot he boy and began to walk away. Then she heard his reply. "Wait. I truly have no where to go. I was- I was wondering... If you could take me somewhere, and I will party and stay with you for a bit" She raised an eyebrow at him. "What will I be receiving from this deal?" He looked at her with a serious gaze and replied, "I will do your bidding until I leave" She took a second, wondering what to reply to such an offer. He was practically asking to be her servant in exchange for a safe place to stay. What ccould she even offer him to stay at?

She stared at him, wondering for an answer. She was definitely not letting him stay at the Dawn, but she did have one other pace. She rolled her eyes and replied, "Fine, I have one place for you to stay. Its a store on the First floor called Shadowed Wares. In the room behind the desk, there is a bedroom with a bed in it. You can stay there. BUT, don't think of doing anything other than staying there until I call upon you. I will be having a close eye on you from time to time" She turned and made a motion with her hand that meant 'Follow me' She moved forward, heading towards the teleportation gate. She couldn't believe she was letting a plaer sleep in her shop. She hardly knew the player, but something told her she would be the one getting something in return. He had a house, and she apparently had a servant. She wondered if Keres would like him. They walked over to the teleport gate, her at a loss for words. She thought for a scond that maybe he hadn't been kicked from his guild, and he was still gathering info. This time on her.

They arrived at the teleport gate and she glanced at Blackshade once more. "Umbra shall guide you there and give you a key to the door. Message me if you need anyhting, but do not come and find me. We will speak of your rules and orders tommorow as we venture to the sixth floor." He raised an eyebrow. "What do you have there?" She snapped a finger and replied, "I have a quest there that required attention, and do not question me. I know what I am doing, even when I don't" His face molded into a puzzled expression and she gave a short smile before telling the Teleport gate, "The Dawn" and she was whisked away in a flash of blue light, leaving a curious Blackshade, and an energetic Umbra to go to the first floor. Umbra would be checking up on the man several tiems throughout the night to ensure that he was doing things that she did not want him to do. She wondered what Domarus would think about this, and at first he probably would not  trust Blackshade.

COMPLETE

2 SP