[PP-F2] Strange Eons (Able, Atzo)

The cool night air brushed past The Forgotten King as he sat on the porch outside the second story bedroom of the Emerald Mansion. It was hard to believe a month had passed, a month he couldn't remember, a month he couldn’t recall. It was a struggle to deal with how dirty the place had gotten, it seemed that Raina had decided to move on in his absence, it was not surprising. To hope that someone like him would ever come back would be idiotic anyways. “I miss Kikas” He said to himself aloud, lamenting his now dead familiar. “I wish I could have known that something would have happened that day, but how was I to know of the future?”

Looking out in the direction of the main city, he sat in sadness watching the trees sway. He couldn’t see the city, it was at least three hours away from his house but there was a patch of open land that you could see the mountain mansion from halfway. “I wonder what actually happened” he walked inside and looked at the armour rack by his bed. His armour, The Faces of the Damned and his Amulet of the Damned were resting on the rack. Misguidance, the now cracked mirrored blade was in a display case above his bed. At the moment he was wearing his white collared shirt, a pair of slacks, and The Cloak of the Changing Tide. “I really need to invest in some new armour and weaponry. I have a feeling that the effects of them are what cause me to break like I did.” He walked to his second floor study and opened the windows. Grabbing a book off the immaculate bookshelf, specifically “Covert Persuasion: Psychological Tactics and Tricks to Win the Game” by James Speakman and Kevin Hogan. He sat down at his large desk and began to read.

@Able

Another day out in the fields was how Able had found himself spending his day. After having just defeated a mere mob earlier, he was beginning to get the hang of things in terms of combat. Martial Arts was a strange combat style to get used to, but something he was finally starting to get the gist of it. Learning the sword arts that came with every level of the combat level was a challenge as well, but nothing he couldn't handle as it was a simple task once you made note of which skills were good and which were relatively bad for the level they are. While walking the fields, he stumbled upon a house in the distance, but nothing he had intentions of going to investigate. Instead, he found himself a very weak boar, one that shouldn't cause too much of a problem, in fact he figured he was strong enough take them on at the same time. 

[ID: 85882]

Wild Boar: [MD: 5] [Miss]

Able: [BD: 4] [Miss]

As he had only just encountered the enemy, he didn't decide to dive in head on. He wanted to read the enemy, meanwhile the boars returned the request of what turned out to be a stare down between enemies. Able read the battle field, open plains, hardly any trees. If there was a reason for him to run, he had plenty of land to do it, but could he outrun them in the situation he was overwhelmed? After all this was the first time he had engaged in a unfair combat situation of being against more than one enemy. Clenching his fists tightly, he looked at the level of the mobs, only to see they weren't too strong. Being able to tank a fair amount of damage already gave him some reassurance that he wouldn't be one shotted by the mobs.

Able | HP: 180/180 | NRG: 18/18 | Hate - 0

Wild Boar | HP: 20/20 | DMG: 6

Wild Boar | HP: 20/20 | DMG: 6

Edited by Able

Atzo grew bored of the novel quickly. It was a book he had read quite often and he knew exactly what it said. Standing up and setting the book on the desk he walked back into his bedroom, staring at the armour and sword that were going to start growing dust. “I can’t get stronger and better gear if I let these sit.” He put the armour on, equipped his leather coat from his inventory, and deposited the amulet into his inventory. He then grabbed Misguidance off its rack, the cracked mirrored blade. He looked into it, ignoring the depictions of his inner demons and observed the crack. The once prestigious sword now broken, the power it held still stood but there was something that felt wrong about it. It was a mental barrier, one that came from looking at what was one his prized pristine blade and was now no more than a broken tool. How could he hope to hold this blade with the same confidence he once did? It was only a matter of time before the thoughts that came to his mind from holding the blade got to him, so he put it in the open sheath on his belt and proceeded down the grand staircase. Walking outside he decided to head toward the city. I wonder if I can still hit my old speed

@Able

Able kept his head from looking over at the house in the distance. Although he could tell is was more than just a mere house, from what he could see, there wasn't much to it. The boars in the meantime didn't hesitate a single second to go in for an attack together. Both charging in on him headfirst, they managed to take a portion of his health, but nothing he couldn't handle. After all, Able wasn't stupid enough to fight a fight he would most likely lose. All he needed was to land a single sword art and then they would both be low enough to kill, perhaps he could one shot both at the same time if the system would grant him the ability to land a critical strike. Being too focused on what attack he would use when he went in, he realized that the window of opportunity had passed once again in order for him to land an attack. Charging in again for an attack, he knew he would have to think fast this time around.

[ID: 85935]

Wild Boar: [MD: 9] [6 + 1 = 7 * 2 = 14 - 3 = 11]

Able: [BD: 3] [Miss]

Able | HP: 169/180 | NRG: 15/18 | Hate - 0

Wild Boar | HP: 20/20 | DMG: 6

Wild Boar | HP: 20/20 | DMG: 6

Edited by Able

Atzo closed and locked the door to the Emerald Mansion. Turning to the forest he took off at fifteen miles per hour, and thanks to this game not causing energy loss from running, he was able to keep up that speed indefinitely. 
(OOC: that is not an unreasonable sprinting speed, Atzo is very well trained in the art of running away)

The air around him was quite brilliantly flying past him, he enjoyed his runs, though he did have to periodically slow down whenever he got to rough passages, though he was getting faster at moving over those every day. I wonder when I will get to the point of being able to pass over those perfectly and not have to sacrifice speed at all. Surely that will happen at some point. He thought to himself. It didn’t take him too long to reach the halfway point, he was definitely getting better at this. There seemed to be someone there fighting, not wanting to intrude on the fight Atzo allowed himself to be heard, not too noisy but enough where he wouldn’t startle the man. “Hey, need some help? Or do you got this under control?”

@Able

Able noticed a fellow player had approached him nearby requesting if he needed help. Considering his offer for a moment, he then attacked the mobs with a Crescent Moon, a sword art that can be used by players who have the Martial Arts skill. Dealing a good portion of the two enemies health at the same time, he looked towards the player as they seemed to almost have been dazed by the hit or perhaps, were afraid to go in on him. "Feel free to finish them off if you'd like, got them pretty low if you ask me with one attack. If you'd rather leave this to me, then that's fine too. I'm alright with either or at this moment." Gesturing at the player that he may finish them off if he so desired, he took a stance that only prepared for what was to come, for all he knew the player may have been preparing to turn tail, or even attack Able in return. He had to be ready for anything right now, even though a player looks friendly, doesn't mean they are. Also, that green icon above their head was only a sign showing that they have yet to do something, or they've redeemed themselves before. One blink of an eye and that icon could go orange and his life would be over.

[ID: 86135]

Wild Boar: [MD: 1] [Miss]

Able: [BD: 6] [5(3*1) = 15 Damage to 2 Targets]

Able | HP: 169/180 | NRG: 4/18 | Hate - 1

Wild Boar | HP: 5/20 | DMG: 6

Edited by Able
  • 3 weeks later...

Atzo had no problem helping this man. Activating Blast, Atzo attempted to aoe the boars into submission. On his way to attack his foot caught a tree root causing him to tumble forward. He muttered to himself “Well, so much for first impressions.” Jumping back to his feat he watched the man, ready to jump back into the fray if they weren’t dead. He began to think to himself. “I wonder what this man was doing out here. I feel like I should give him the benefit of the doubt as it stands. I wonder if he is trustworthy, The only way to find out is to battle by his side, it is a shame that this game has brought us back to the mindset of the past. No longer is trust based on character, then again that just makes my life easier.” He quickly took invantory of the battlefield hoping he wouldn’t make the same mistake again.

ID# 86576

Spoiler

BD:1 (Fail)

Stats

Spoiler

Able | HP: 169/180 | NRG: 4/18 | Hate - 1

Atzo 400 Hp | 38/40 EN | Hate: 0

@Able

Edited by Atzo