[PP-NK-F3] A Trio of Training

Able had considered this fight riveting. It wasn't nearly too difficult, but it wasn't easy either, for a single attack from it would surely chunk his pool of health quite rapidly. He stood back for a moment as he watched the cycle of the party go through and Telrenya had landed herself a stun on the monster. "Nice job, gorgeous", he called out to her as he gave her that usual grin and a look of approval. When it came about to Vigilon's turn, he couldn't help but chuckle slightly at the player for missing a stunned target. "No worries, if it makes it better I got stuck in a series of me being unable to hit a goblin as it mocked me, so don't beat yourself up over it." He took a look at the scene of the battle, the monster still unable to move for perhaps one more attack to go through. Able had heard the whisper almost as if it where in his own head, up until Vigilon had called out to everyone apologizing for his charm's whispers. "Although creepy, it does mix up the battlefield sometimes, making us have something to listen to, even though it seems rather-- spontaneous."

Charging in with another Sword Art at his disposal, he took his knee once more at the torso of the boss that stood before them, and finished his attack with a chop. He fought in combat with grace and smooth motions, making his attacks appear fluid. His hair waved in front of his face as each attack went towards the skeleton, and his shirt wafted in the motion that he went. "This fight is seeming too easy almost, anybody else thinking the same thing yet?" he asked as he made his rotation back beside Tel and Vigilion, the two players that had accompanied him on a hunt for something stronger. "Just think guys, this is the weakest enemy I can fight in order for me to earn loot from something. I'd rather not make this enemy a regular."

The health bar above the Skeleton had shifted from the original green color, to being down to almost a third remaining and it's now nearly red, more like an orange hue than anything else. "Not much more and we'll have this thing dead in no time!" Able cheered on the party so that they didn't feel bad about anything they did or didn't do. In combat, he had the idea of making sure to keep everyone thinking positive rather than negative. 

ID: [86377] | BD: 10 [7 * 4 = 28 Damage] | MD:  9 [Stunned]

Able: 180/180 HP | Energy: 11/18 (+1 Regen / - 4 Sword Art) | Hate: 4 (+2 For Crit)

@Telrenya: 40/40 HP | Energy: 0/4 | Hate: 0

@Vigilon: 160/160 HP | Energy: 15/18 | Hate: 0

Molten Skeleton: 36/90 HP | Damage: 27 (Stun Immune / 2 turns)

Edited by Able
  • 2 weeks later...

"Phew," The players were rotating smoothly, slowly taking down the monster's health while it was unable to attack. Telrenya let out a breath to ready herself for her turn to strike again. Her energy bar was depleted, leaving her with only one option. She'd have to forget any more fancy moves and just stick to getting regular strikes in with her rapier. Taking advantage of the last of the monster's status effect, the knightly woman lunged forward, her metal blade stabbing into the creature's exposed ribcage. Flames licked at her weapon as she pulled away, and her attack dealt only a single point of damage. The woman frowned, but stayed silent knowing she couldn't expect much better results from her beginner equipment and low level.

When the sound of whispers reached her ears, Telrenya gave a small start. She was just about to search for the source, anticipating another enemy to appear or something similar, but Vigilon's explanation came shortly after. The woman silently raised a brow as her mind processed it--a charm that whispered. It was odd, and she would agree with Able that it might be a bit creepy at times. This game certainly never stopped surprising her.

ID: [86474] | BD: 8 - Hit! [1 DMG]

@Able: 180/180 HP | Energy: 11/18 | Hate: 4
Telrenya: 40/40 HP | Energy: 0/4 | Hate: 2
@Vigilon: 160/160 HP | Energy: 15/18 | Hate: 0

Molten Skeleton: 63/90 HP | Damage: 27

Edited by Telrenya

Vigilon saw as Able and Telrenya successfully attacked the monster. Even though they were doing just fine, he needed to make a hit himself. Well, let's just say it could have gone waaaayyyyyy better than it did. He charged, about to use snake bite, but he tripped, despite he didn't fall, and missed once again. "Oh, come on! did I really have to miss twice in a row? This is embarrassing enough as it is! I always try to do my best to strike an opponent and deal decent damage, and maybe encourage or inspire others in the process! jeez, this is ridiculous! Was it always this easy to miss, do I just have terrible luck, or is freaking Kayaba laughing at everyone's misfortune, that he might have caused? Wait, stop it, Vigilon! don't let your hate blind you! you only have one problem right now, and it is to take care of this stupid skeleton!" He wasn't wrong. After all, he has one job right now, and he was sucking at it so far.

@Telrenya @Able

ID# 86508 BD: 2+1=3(miss)

Snake Bite-Failed!

[4] Able: HP 180/180, EP 11/18

Vigilon: HP 160/160, EP 12/18

[2] Telrenya: HP 40/40, EP 0/4

Enemies:

Molten Skeleton: HP 35/90

Edited by Vigilon
  • 1 month later...

As the three novice players took on the flaming skeletal creature, Telrenya stood cautiously with her rapier pointed at the monster. Vigilon's attacks were proving unsuccessful so far, but the blonde simply hoped that he would be able to hit his mark soon. She knew all too well how cruel the targeting system can be to a low-level player. Without accuracy bonuses, fights can drag on painfully long, and this was an opponent she would rather not have to deal with for much longer.

Able made for another attack with his martial arts, but as he got into range of the monster the skeleton reached out a bony hand to firmly grasp the man's loose collar. Telrenya's eyes widened slightly in surprise as the redhead was lifted off the ground with what seemed like no effort on the monster's part. Despite any attempts to swing at the skeleton or free himself, the monster refused to release its grip on the man. Telrenya's jaw tightened slightly, a chill of fear running up her spine. Should they retreat? Would they be able to down the monster before Able would take too much damage?

ID# 87964 | MD: 6 - Hit!
Telrenya's Action: Running Away (Begins Next Turn)

[4] Able: HP 153/180, EP 12/18
Vigilon: HP 160/160, EP 12/18
[2] Telrenya: HP 40/40, EP 1/4

Enemies:
Molten Skeleton: HP 35/90 | 27 DMG (Stun Immune 1 turn)

Edited by Telrenya

Things were starting to get out of hand. The Molten Skeleton grabbed Able, and things wouldn't look too good unless Vigilon could actually get a few hits on this thing. "Stay back, I'll try to get a hit on this thing!" He rushed forward and struck with Snake Bite, dealing some damage, and inflicting bleed(Apparently) to the monster. This fight might end quickly, as long as Vigilon continued to hit it. "Hey! Look down, you bonehead!" Although he asked Telrenya to stay back, he had good reason to, for if the monster tried to attack with the hand that wasn't keeping a grasp on Able, the other player who had been successfully attacking it, Telrenya, would be another possible target. "I just need to keep it's eye sockets focused on me..." As close as Vigilon was to the enemy, he hoped he didn't get burned or anything, should the monster attack him eventually. For now, he just needed the fiery bonehead's attention.

@Telrenya

ID# 87968 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base damage) CD: 10(Recovered 2 Energy)

Snake Bite-6*3x1=18

[4] Able: HP 153/180, EP 12/18

[2] Vigilon: HP 160/160, EP 11/18

[2] Telrenya: HP 40/40, EP 0/4

Enemies:

Molten Skeleton: HP 17/90, Bleed: 2 turns, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

As Vigilon's sword slashed through the flame-covered bones, the skeleton let out a hoarse cry. His grip on Able loosened, dropping the player to the ground while the monster's HP bar dropped significantly from the attack and lingering bleed debuff. The skeletal hand that had grabbed onto the red-headed player raised up before it came crashing down to the earth. The monster caught a glancing blow on Able before he was able to fully evade the attack, but luckily the player's large health pool wasn't in any danger of going into the red anytime soon. Telrenya had taken a few hesitant steps back after Vigilon had warned her to back off. Luckily, the monster didn't seem to be paying her any mind. Still, the woman felt a bit bad for how little she had been able to contribute to the fight. "Uhm... I can try using a stun again soon!" She called out, even if to try and justify her current inaction. "If we even need it by then..." She muttered out after taking a look at the monster's remaining HP.

ID# 88035 | MD: 6 - Hit!
Running Away CD: 12 - Success!
Telrenya left combat

[4] Able: HP 126/180, EP 12/18
[2] @Vigilon:
HP 160/160, EP 11/18
Telrenya:
HP 40/40, EP 2/4

Enemies:
Molten Skeleton: HP 5/90, Bleed: 1 turn, 12 DMG | 27 DMG

Edited by Telrenya

It didn't exactly matter anymore whether he hit the monster or not. It was doomed either way. He thrust his blade into the monster once more, finishing it off. The monster let out an unearthly cry, then it shattered. When the loot menu popped up, There was only 270 Col. "Even for a lootable mob, that's a little disappointing..." Still, loot was loot. He decided on splitting the loot, and 270 divided by three equals...90 Col for each. He went over to Telrenya, handing her 90 Col as he said, "I think we should wait until something else comes out, unless you'd like to call it a day after what just happened." He brought 90 Col over to Able, and when he was pretty much between the two players, he asked, "So, anything else we could do?" He didn't exactly see much else to do other than grind another mob, but even if the party decided on that, they would still need to rest for a bit and regenerate.

ID# 88041 BD: 8+1=9(Hit)

ID# 88042 LD: 4, CD: 10(Nothing but Col...)

+270 Col

90 Col Given to @Telrenya

90 Col Given to Able

[4] Able: HP 126/180, EP 12/18
[3] Vigilon: HP 160/160, EP 11/18
Telrenya: HP 40/40, EP 2/4

Enemies:
Molten Skeleton: HP 0/90

Edited by Vigilon

As Vigilon's sword sank into the monster's bony ribcage and its health finally depleted to zero, Telrenya let out a sigh of relief. In truth, they hadn't been in much danger. Save for the rocky start, the party had taken down the monster without taking too much damage themselves. Telrenya's shoulders dropped a couple of inches as she stood up straight and relaxed her stance. She took a moment to sheathe her rapier before Vigilon approached her with a handful of col. "Oh...thank you." She felt a bit shy about accepting the reward. She felt as though she hadn't done much, but also didn't want to raise a fuss over the boy's generosity.

When the question of what they should do from here arose, Telrenya put on a small, thoughtful frown. "Hmm..." She hummed, glancing between the two players. "Well... I'd hate to stop after just one fight, but..." Once again she felt bad, this time for suggesting that they stop their training. "There are still a lot of quests I haven't done on the lower floors yet. If you're free sometime and need to do them, I wouldn't mind meeting up again!" She gave Vigilon a friendly smile with the offer.

Thread Complete!

Telrenya: 1 SP, 233 col
@Vigilon: 1 SP, 233 col
Able: 1 SP, 233 col

Edited by Telrenya