PP-F21) A Shelled Obstruction <<Feeding the Enemy>>

With the passing away of Sol, Morgenstern needed a new familiar. Chaos's hellhound, Fang, had ripped the poor bird, pixel by pixel. He would find that player again, but he would keep it secret to Itzal for now about the player that had attacked hi. About the player, that had information about his sister. His sister was in the game, and now he would stop at nothing to find her. He sent a message to Itzal to bring a familiar call and meet him in the main town of floor twenty one. The first time he had been in this floor. He still had no tier three equipment, so battle was mainly out of the option. He had heard of a creature on this floor from one of the townspeople. It had been imbued with dark energy from the floor boss, and now was gigantic in size, and the townspeople could not stop its havoc. He mentioned also, that if they fought such creature, it would shrink back to its normal state, and become tame. He figured this would be a good time to farm some tier three mats, and also be a good time to perhaps get a level in. He needed as much skill points as he could get to level him up. After he got this familiar, he would breeding to rank it up and then even go on quests with it and Itzal. He would await Itzal until then.

Consumed Angel food cake, +3 LD

@Itzal

"It figures that you'd go and choose the highest floor to go and find a familiar on.  If you're not careful, you're going to run into something you're not ready for man."  Itzal walked up behind his friend and patted his shoulder piece with a wide smile.  "So, knowing how painful it is to lose a familiar, I won't ask you to tell me what and how happened unless you're ok with it.  In the meantime:"  Itzal pulled out the familiar call he crafted not too long ago and tossed it into the air beside Jonathan for him to catch.  He smiled.  "Let's find you a friend shall we?  Do you have any gear for searching?"  Itzal was wearing his Twilight Cloak as usual, but he was very much willing to lend Jonathan the item if he forgot to bring gear for the occasion, though it wasn't like Jonathan to come unprepared.  Velnia landed on Jonathan's other shoulder and nuzzled against him in order to consul him for his loss.

@Morgenstern

Spoiler

Name:  Shinzou Wo Sasageyo
Profession: Performer
ID: 86140
Roll: 12  <11+1>
Item Type:  Attraction
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements:  Familiar Call
Description: 

Post Link:  http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/13078-f3-el-tercio-tocador-performer-the-dragons-soul/?do=findComment&comment=519861

Jonathan turned as he heard Itzal's voice behind him. He turned and smiled with a nod. "I figured this would be the best place to find a familiar" Itzal mentioned the loss of Sol and Jonathan looked away. He turned and simply said, "He was shredded by a hellhound. That is all I will say for now" There was more to the story, but it was not time for Itzal to know. Itzal would try to stop him from hunting down Chaos, perhaps even convince him. Jonathan could not afford that now. An item flew into the air and Jonathan caught it. The familiar item was a... familiar call. How familiar. He nodded to Itzal and then the man asked him if he had searching gear. Jonathan nodded and equipped his white jacket. The jacket materialized around him and he began to move forward, sliding the call into his pocket. As they walked, Jonathan began to speak of the familiar he searched for. "I have heard of a creature on this floor, of utmost resilience. According to the townsfolk, it has been invigorated with power from the floor boss, and to tame it, one must remove such power and then try" He pulled out a picture of the creature for Itzal to see. It was a bill for its hunt, and it was a large turtle creature seeming to be made of metal. "I figured I could gather some tier three materials today as well. Teion has yet to make me some items"

@Itzal if you dont remember what it looks like, just look up FF12 Darksteel

Itzal listened to Jonathan describe briefly how his familiar died, and yet even that was a painful thought.  Itzal's eyes soften as well as his posture.  "I'm really sorry man."  He remembered when Velnia died by the vicious actions of a warg king.  Ulises and Itzal insisted that the familiar could respawn and continued to pursue Velnia and their endless search ended up bearing fruit.  Itzal suspected there was a lot more to the story, just as there was far more to the story of Velnia's death than a warg killing it, especially since it was Itzal's fault in the first place.  However he knew it was a sensitive subject and thus he wouldn't pry on the matter.  Perhaps he'd be able to talk to him about it in the future, once time had passed and the event settled.  "Alright then, that works out.  Also you know it's possible to purchase materials from merchants right?  I have no more need for col so you can take as much as you need.  In the meantime we go looking for this empowered monster and tame it.  Know where we should look first?  This is a large floor but I've explored a decent amount of it so far."  Itzal scanned the area and spotted some materials, picking them up and storing them in his inventory.

ID#  86331  LD:  10+8  +4 MAT

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan walked forward, Itzal in tow. Itzal said that he was sorry, but Jonathan did not listen to it. Sol did not need sorrow, only vengeance. He moved forward, scanning the ground for any materials. Itzal asked if he knew it was possible to buy materials from merchants. Jonathan rubbed the back of his head, raffling the blond hair found there. "I don't believe they sell tier three. Anyways, I am trying to save myself some cash, not spend it all in one go" The floor was rather dark for his liking, and damp. He hated damp. Then, Itzal asked where they might find the empowered monster. Jonathan glanced over at him and replied, "Last it was seen in a large tunnel just north of here. It was chased from some warm water bath or something. I really have not explored this, but I was handed a map. The townsfolk were really enthusiastic about the ridding of this creature. I wonder what they would do if I took control over it, and then set March on the town" He chuckled at the thought of a bunch of NPC soldiers surrounding an enormous turtle, trying to send it away. Itzal found some materials, and Jonathan began to look rather closely. He scanned the walls, but the darkness and diverse patterns made it hard to make out any of the ores and minerals of the floor. 

86396 LD:2+6=8

@Itzal

Itzal heard no response to his telling how he was sorry for him, hinting that he understood the pain of loss of a very precious companion.  Whether this was out of grief, which Itzal could totally and completely understand or not wasn't entirely clear.  Whatever the case, Jonathan's stride and posture showed determination so something was driving him.  Itzal was driven by seeing Velnia a second time after her death.  What could possibly be driving him?  He mentioned how they couldn't sell tier three materials which shocked Itzal if he was frank.  He needed to check in with a merchant or broker to double check that statement.  He nodded.  "Makes sense.  Out of curiosity what are you saving up for nowadays?  I don't really need anything so if you ever need something just let me know."  Jonathan explained where it was and upon mentioning the bath Itzal recalled that, but was pretty sure nothing would be M or R rated in this game, so he shouldn't be too worried about that.  However when he said his joke it seemed a bit more, dark than he usually said.  "Well while they're npc's, I personally don't like the idea of wrecking havoc through the floors."  He spoke in a way to let Jonathan know that he was joking, but let his eyes show slight concern.  He spotted some more materials and added them to his inventory.

ID#  86415  LD:  11+8  +4 MAT  8 Total

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan walked forward, heading to the area in which he thought where the turtle was to be found. This happened to be his LEAST  favorite quest, but of course Chaos had to go around and kill his familiar. He did prove how unresilient Sol was. He was going to need a familiar strong enough to be able to take on Fang, and give him a constant advantage. Not one just every few turns. Itzal then asked him what he was saving his money for. He rubbed the back of his head and replied, "I am still wanting a house, but not on any of the floors we have yet. Its just not what I want or am looking for.  I really don't know what I am waiting for. Perhaps a heavenly haven. Thats what I need" /he chuckled and kept looking around for more materials as they walked. It appeared Itzal was not too fond of the idea of attacking and enslaving the entire townspeople. "I am just kidding. No enslaving the townspeople for me. I am a protector of the people, not the villan. I am the good guy, promise!" He  chuckled and kept walking forward. It would appear they had another half-hour of exploring before they got to their destination. Hopefully their presence would not scare off the beast, but instead them being a small force would make it think they were easy to handle.

86416 LD:5+6=11

@Itzal

Itzal listened as Jonathan told him that he was planning to save up for a house, but he wasn't sure when he'd get it as none of the floors thus far suited his taste.  Itzal found a floor that was peaceful and quiet and that was really all he wanted for his house.  And now Itzal and Kasier would be moving into his house soon enough.  "Depends on what your heavenly haven would look, feel and sound like then I suppose."  Then he assured Itzal that what he had said was simply a joke and moved ahead.  'It's the tone of the joke that concerned me' he thought to himself.  It wasn't too dark but most of his jokes were usually...  Far less as dark.  Itzal followed behind Jonathan, Velnia darting too and fro scanning the area for anything she could mess around with.  Itzal also scanned the area but for materials he could gather together.  Luckily he managed to find a few and picked them up, inserting them into his inventory.

ID#  86445  LD:  19  +4 MAT  12 Total

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal
  • 2 weeks later...

Jonathan continued to search the area with Itzal as they stumbled forward into the darkness. He figured Ital could see perfectly fine though. Itzal told him tha it depended on what his heavenly haven appeared to be. The blond gave it some thought and then shrugged. "I don't know. I am thinking two things. One, a floor that actually represents heaven or some form of it, or just a nice peaceful little town that just appears to be a normal thing. I don't even know what house I want. I used to live in a great manor, and now I am not sure if I want something basic, or something just as fancy. Or even the mixture of the two" Itzal appeared to know or have everything that he wanted. The blond tank could not say the same thing about himself any longer. It was all just a confusing mess for him at the moment. "Hey, do you have any ideas what the mobs are like on this floor?" He was curious of what the floor's main mobs were. He had not really explored much, but had a undetailed map. He was certain Itzal could make better.

@Itzal sorry for the wait.

Itzal listened as Jonathan explained the type of place he'd like to live in.  From what he described, as well as his view of the house and a glimpse of his past and taste, Itzal had a bit to think about before he replied.  "Well, I'm not sure if they plan on making a heaven or hell in any of the floors, but as for a peaceful town I guess you'll need to wait a little bit.  So far most of the floors have been rather opposite of that.  As for the building itself, how about something that is elegantly designed?  Something that's unique and stands out, while at the same time it's medium and humble sized house?  A cozy little home that is pleasing to the eye.  Best of both worlds right there.  I went total simple with mine.  Everyone has their own tastes though."  He heard Jonathan ask about the monsters and he nodded.  "For the most part it's mainly goblins and giant spiders, but there is the rare chance of spotting a troll on occasion.  I'm willing to bet that there are even more monsters out there though.  I mean come on, if I was designing this game I would give a far greater variety than just three mobs to an entire floor.He spotted a few materials and picked them up, inserting them into his inventory.

ID#  86829  LD:  15  +4 MAT  16 Total

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan moved forward, aware that they were slowly getting much closer to their destination. Soon, they would be upon the beast, and they would be forced to fight it. H was ready though. Completely ready for what lie ahead of him. He had Itzal by his side, and he really did not need much else. Itzal and he fought like twins of ice and fire. Nobody fought better at his side other than he. It had always been that way. Itzal spoke after a bit of a pause and told him that there was probably a low chance of a floor that resembled hell or heaven. He mentioned that he would have t wait a bit for a more cozy floor due to the fact that the floors all seemed to follow the opposite side at the time. Jon nodded. Then the dark haired man told him that the best of both worlds might suit him. Medium sized and cozy, but unique in its own way. Jonathan nodded. "That might be nice, I will look into that a bit. At least it is something to go on. When I find a floor or town, Then I will begin to sweat the details" After the last question, the man began to explain how he had mostly seen goblins and giant spiders. "Ugh, not more goblins! I am getting just a bit tired of those guys! Speaking of goblins, did you say you had any news over the shaman?" He wasn't sure if the dwarves were their own sidequest or what, but they had taken up the job.

86891 LD:4

@Itzal

Itzal chuckled in reply to Jonathan's response in regards to the floor and shop.  "Yeah that tends to be the best option of them.  Patience tends to be rewarding, no matter how much people wish they can just burn through things.  I remember how I would be careful of which quests Beatbox and I took on, and then he would just burn through things while I tried to calculate the best approach...  We nearly died one time and still he burned through stuff."  He shook his head with a light laugh at that memory.  Then Jonathan got upset about the goblins and Itzal shrugged.  "Hey, maybe these guys will be a challenge.  Maybe the goblin king will be on this floor, who knows?  Although I think the more likely is the goblin king coming to reside here once the boss has been finished."  Then Jonathan had asked if there was any news on the shaman.  Itzal shook his head.  "I've just been keeping him alive mainly.  He's regaining his powers over time and seems rather nice, but I promised you that we'd do the interrogation before or after we took on the third dragon hunting quest together.  Remember?"

@Morgenstern

The blond walked forward. He knew they were approaching their target, which was a good sign rather than bad. It would be a hard fight, and without a familar, he would be able to be harmed. Without a defensive familiar, his mitigation was halved, forcing him to change his armor, or take more damage. He would allow the damage, but if things went south he would be switching to his Tier 2 armor without a doubt.  Itzal spoke of how patience was best, and that he and Beatbox used to burn through things and they almost died once. As much as he tried, the blond could never burn through things. It always ended in a failure and he just couldn't find the motivation to do it. It helped you a lot, but you got bored and tired afterwards. He then answered his shaman question, and Itzal mentoned he was fine. But then reminded him that they needed to finish the third dragon quessst before even worrying about that. The blond nodded. "Alright, I believe we are close. Equiop you battle gear and prepare for the worst. It will be much bigger than a large dog, but it will shrink in power and size once it gives in to players. Hopefully, it doesn't make another getaway" The blond opened his inventory and pulled out his brand new Tier three items. It was time. The entire set was white and made him standout from the darkness of the floor. The new armor looked impressive, but Jonathan was more impressed by the stats of them. He had spent hours trying to figure out what enhancements would work best for him. The armor also worked best without accuracy  so he was going to do great.

Stats

Spoiler

BATTLE STATS

Battle Stats:
1,221  HP
106 Energy
+0 Accuracy
-1 Evasion
14 Base Damage
80 Mitigation
75 Battle Healing
+42 Thorns
+1 Paralyze
+1 Taunt
+6 Heavy Momentum

Equipped Items:
» «White Edged Blade» (+9 DMG) (Tier 3, One Handed Curved Sword)
» «White Edged Aegis» (+21 Thorns, +1Paralyze, +1 Taunt) (Tier 3, Shield): 
» «White Edged Protector» (+21 Thorns, +6 Heavy Momentum) (Tier 3, Heavy Armor)
» *«Dimensional Backpack» (+1 Battle Ready Inventory extra slot)

Skills
Rank 4 - One-Handed Curved Sword (+4 DMG)
Rank 5 - Block (+50 MIT)
Rank 5 - Heavy Armor (+30 MIT) -------------------------------------------------------------> Mod: Stonewall (+Active Mitigation in HP)
Rank 5 - Battle Healing (+75 HP per Turn)
Rank 0 - Howl (+3 Hate) ------------------------------------------------------------------------> Mod: Focused Howl (+5 Hate)

E - Rank 0 - Survival (Immune to Environmental Effects)
E - Rank 0 - Meditation
E - Rank 3 - Protector Familiar

Itzal watched as his friend pretty much ignored most of his words and responses.  When Jonathan told him to get ready for combat he sighed and switched his gear around, Niger Natio becoming his armor.  "Yeah, I'm all set..."  He drew Dragon's Soul as there was no need to reap rewards from this monster.  That wasn't the reason.  Velnia's scales suddenly gave off unsteady and shaky light as lightning began to stretch across her body with insane speed, meaning that she was prepared as well.  What was up with his friend?  Itzal knew something was wrong.  The fact that he ignored Itzal entirely was the last straw of the long line of things that were not right with his friend.  He needed to focus on the enemy, but the enemy had not shown itself yet.  His friend looked focused, and yet at the same time he couldn't see any emotion or expression.  His friend's face was completely blank.  He closed his eyes, genuinely concerned for his friend at this point.  He truly hoped things didn't go south, and that his friend would open up for Itzal.  He couldn't help others if they didn't share what was wrong.

Spoiler

General
Level: 64
HP: 1,280
Energy: 128

DMG: 15 (base 1 damage + 9 dmg (Velnia) +5 sword skill)

SP Available:  0

Total SP:  316

Equipped Items

Yakimba (+2 Bleed +2 Paralysis Tier 2)

Niger Natio  (+3 evasive Tier 2)
Beauty Incarnated  (+3 Accuracy Tier 1)

-------------------------------------------

Twilight Cloak  (+3 LD Tier 1)
Faithkeeper  (+3 Accuracy Tier 2)
Skyreach  (+3 Col Multiplier Tier 1)

Skills: 

Grandmaster one handed straight sword (+5 DMG) <50 sp>

Journeyman light armor (+7 MIT) <13 sp>

Expert sneak and hide  (+6 sneak) <23 sp>

Grandmaster Search and Detect  (+5 LD) <50 sp>

Gatherer (turns each material found into the ammount of 4) <10 sp>

Picking (+3 LD when opening chests) <15 sp>

Velnia (Rank 3 Fighter: +9 dmg) <18 sp>

Master Charge (+4 dmg first attack) <35 sp>

Expert Battle Healing (45 HP per battle post) <23 sp>

Mods:

Reveal (+2LD when searching for dungeons or players.  Dungeons rolled for every 15 posts rather than 20) <9 sp>

Detect (+1 to dungeon searching, +3 to player, npc, mob searching, all player stealth bonuses are negated) <15 sp>
Night Vision (Ignores any penalties from low light or darkness, as well as negating others stealth bonuses from it) <9 sp>

Dismantling (+2 LD for picking chests)  <8 sp>
Tracking: Allows the player to track another player or monster down by entering their name if the name is known to the player. This negates the targets hiding bonuses and when hunting monsters, guarantees a hit regardless of BD roll, though still requires to roll for a critical. Tracking takes a post action. <15 sp>

Extra/locked Skills: 

Meditation (+ 1 energy on natural 10 rolled cd)

Survival (Ignore environmental effects and regenerate 6 instead of 3 hp per non combat turn)

Disguise (when activated, turns Itzal into his opponent, giving him +1 BD and his opponent -1 BD during Itzal's and the opponent's turn.  can only be used every 12 turns

Expert Martial Arts (+3 unarmed damage) <23 sp>

@Morgenstern

Action: Familiar Roll.
Darksteel Action: None.

Jonathan moved in through the tunnel, the light from the strange mushrooms lighting the way. Then, he seen it. It was an enormous beast, one that seemed heavily armored and prepared for a battle. It definently looked like one that could wreck a town. He pulled out a familiar call and played it. The song moved deep throughout the tunnel echoing. The beast turned, making no movements to run away. It appeared to be challenging the player, unafraid. It made a deep  groaning noise and prepared itself to fight the players, and see if they were powerful enough to tame him, to own him. It stomped its feet and the battle appeared to have begun. The blond extended his weapon and brought his shield in between them. This was not going to be an easy fight, but they would come out victorius and stronger than before.  "Alright here we go!" He moved in between ITzal, knowing he would have to howl next turn.

87474 LD:16+7=23

[0] Morgenstern  1221/1221 <> 106/106
[0] @Itzal 1280/1280 <> 128/128

<<Darksteel>> 1000/1000 <> 81 Mit / 200 Damage per hit / AoE on BD:9-10 / Stun on CD:10-12

Itzal watched as the boss was revealed.  Dang that was a big turtle Itzal thought.  This wouldn't be difficult, more of tedious, time consuming he thought.  He scanned the turtle which seemed to be armored head to toe, or rather back to toe.  He needed to scan it's area for a weak point.  He recalled the game Shadow of the Colossus and one of them was a giant turtle.  To defeat it, the player had to find a way to flip it on it's back so that they could strike the feat, where the symbol would appear.  He decided to go with that.  He activated charge and launched toward the left legs, activating meteor strike as he did so.  He dealt a total of one hundred and twenty eight points of raw damage to the beast, but with all it's armor he had yet to land a critical hit just yet.  Velnia kept the head busy by flying above and shooting lighting at it's eyes and nose.

ID#  87486  BD:  6
15+4x11-81=128

[0] @Morgenstern  1221/1221 <> 106/106
[0] @Itzal 1280/1280 <> 117/128

<<Darksteel>> 872/1000 <> 81 Mit / 200 Damage per hit / AoE on BD:9-10 / Stun on CD:10-12

Edited by Itzal

The blond watched as Itzal took lead, him making several strikes, while Velnia attacked with lightning. He had seen it many times, but he wondered she she had learned that. He thought of howling for a mere moment, but knew if he got a successful attack, he would gain double hate from his taunt. He grabbed the White-Edged Blade and charged, moving in with a charge. He slashed forward, hacking at the places unprotected by its massive shell. He was not dealing a ton of damage, but enough to continue on. "Nice, so glad I actually hit!" The turtle eyed them, seeming unaffected by their blows, but seeming to be a proud creature itself. Then, it retracted into its shell, becoming still for a moment. Then, it began to violently spin at rapid speeds, sending out many arcs of energy in all directions. "Watch out!" The blast wave hit him, knocking him back. He tried to get up, but his head spun, and he couldn't move. He was stunned. Itzal was also seen on the ground. 'Now I can see why it is such a threat!'

ID: 87513
BD: 8. Hit! Taunt Activated, +1 Hate! 14*8= 112-81=31 Total DMG! Battle Healing Activates: +75 HP
MD:10. Critical hit! AoE Attack!     Jon Takes: 200-80=120 DMG | Itzal Takes: 200-7=193 DMG
CD: 10. Stun Attack!

[2] @Morgenstern  1186/1221 <> 98/106 <<Stunned 1/1>>
[1] @Itzal 1087/1280 <> 117/128 <<Stunned 1/1>>

<<Darksteel>> 841/1000 <> 81 Mit / 200 Damage per hit / AoE on BD:9-10 / Stun on CD:10-12

Itzal continued to slash at the legs, attempting to cause it to buckle and fall onto one of it's sides.  If it did, Itzal and Velnia could launch themselves and tip it over completely.  However before he could get to that point, the creature began to pull it's legs back in.  Itzal was fast but with the amount of area he had to cross and the creature already being close to the ground, Itzal didn't stand a chance.  The creature began to spin violently, knocking Itzal and Jonathan away.  Velnia of course, just hovered above the monster until it came out again. Itzal tried to move but when he failed to, he groaned.  The one thing he hated more than anything.  Paralysis.  He hated losing the ability to move his body in any way.  He watched as Velnia continued to zap the turtle's eyes and nostrils, not dealing damage, but certainly irritating the eye.  Itzal stopped struggling and simply chuckled, the chuckling returning to laughter at the sight of Velnia.  If he could he'd be shaking his head.  "Hey Darksteel?  I think you've got something in your eye!"

[2] @Morgenstern  1186/1221 <> 98/106 <<Stunned 1/1>>
[1] @Itzal 1087/1280 <> 117/128 <<Stunned 1/1>>

<<Darksteel>> 841/1000 <> 81 Mit / 200 Damage per hit / AoE on BD:9-10 / Stun on CD:10-12

Jonathan laid there sprawled out onto the ground, his sword skidded a few feet away. Luckily, both of them and quite decent health, and could take several more of those before worrying. He struggled to get up, but there was nothing that he could do. He was dazed from the attack, and wondered if his familiar would be able to do that in the long run. Velnia kept strong, zapping the opponent with tendrils of electricity. He had once considered a dragon like Velnia, but with different capabilities. He had seen another player with a dragon like Velnia, but its capabilities were frost. He had only seen this player once, and hadn't even introduced himself. Darksteel roared in annoyance at the dragon, the pesky thing getting in its way. Velnia seemed to be doing a good job of distracting the beast, but also seemed to be doing a good job of making it very angry. "Alright, let's charge at once when this stun wears off! Darksteel appears to be distracted, I think we can get a good hit off him!"

ID: 87515
BD: PARAYZED - Battle Healing Activates: +75 HP
MD:3. Miss!
CD:3. Stun Not Activated!

[2] @Morgenstern  1221/1221 <> 98/106
[1] @Itzal 1087/1280 <> 117/128 

Itzal didn't have to be told that.  The second the paralysis wore off he launched himself toward the boss, releasing meteor strike along it's legs again.  He had grown stronger with tier three having came out, and not only that but with his charge skill he was able to deal far more damage than he ever could beforehand.  And once he maximized his martial arts skill, he'd be dealing even greater damage.  Not only that, but he was going to be getting the two mods ferocity and precision.  He originally planned to be getting meditation maxed out, but he found out that the skill required one to do no actions for that turn, and even more so, there was only a very small chance to regenerate energy.  At any rate, there were energy consumables out there as well as a new mod for first aid skill that regenerated energy.  Thus he didn't really need to concern him too much about that area.

ID#  87618  BD:  3+3
15x11=80

[2] @Morgenstern  1221/1221 <> 87/106
[1] @Itzal 1087/1280 <> 117/128 

<<Darksteel>> 761/1000 <> 81 Mit / 200 Damage per hit / AoE on BD:9-10 / Stun on CD:10-12

Edited by Itzal