[PP-F3] The search for more Mats(Itzal and Wardege)<<Earning A Living>> [Complete]

Wardege had tried and failed to complete an order, so now he was out on floor 3, hoping to find more materials to stock up his pantry with. He began walking further from the nearest safe zone, assuming there would be more materials further on than near the safe zone. "I just need more materials. Either way, I need to finish that order. I don't want to go on with a failure, and I will do what it takes to complete this task I still have!" Wardege was certainly determined to find materials and finish the task, but he was a little down, since just leaving like this made him feel like he had failed his customer. He hated failing others, even if it only felt that way and there was still hope of finishing a task. "I couldn't possibly just give up, I pretty much now have a debt to pay! And I prefer not to leave debts unpaid! ...I don't know if it's something I'm missing, or a lack of skill that's preventing me from crafting a perfect item, but I will take this time to search for materials and fill the missing holes!"

@Itzal

Edited by Wardege
  • 2 weeks later...

Itzal swung his blade at a monster about fifteen times in the span of one and a half seconds, finishing it off as it shattered and then sighed.  Monsters had become far more difficult as of late, and with the patch that came out preventing him from gaining experience on the dungeons in tier one floors anymore he'd need to switch to martial arts and max it out as fast as he possibly could.  Once he did that he could probably take on the intermediate dungeons in the tier two floors.  Still, it would take quite some time before he reached that point.  By his calculations he'd need about thirty seven more sp before he could bring martial arts up to rank five...  This was going to be an annoying nuisance.  And what's worse it didn't seem like people were accepting his offer to help them out, and most of his friends had been busy as of late, making it difficult to do anything besides monster grind...  Which was extremely annoying.  He decided to pause and just gather materials, switching from Niger Natio to his Twilight coak and began to walk around the forest.

Velnia, his purple dragon, darted to and fro with incredible speed and hyper active mindset as she usually did while he scanned for materials.  He needed to come up with a far better strategy to gain experience than what he was doing right now.  Hopefully there would be some players who would be willing to go adventuring with him, or ask him for assistance in a quest or two?  He stumbled upon a few song crystals that seemed to be growing from their own plant of some sorts.  That was new.  He plucked them and inserted them into his inventory before continuing his walk.

ID#  86520  LD:  18  +4 MAT  Itzal 4  <>  @Wardege 0

Edited by Itzal

As Wardege continued to walk, he was still pondering over what could have gone wrong. There was absolutely nothing. Nothing. At. All. Did the plains of floor 3 have to be so...plain and empty? Maybe he should search in the forest. he made his way there, pondering his mistakes as he went. "It wasn't like there was always failure, the items I made...were just too 'ordinary', I guess. Well, at least I know why those Items are hard to come by if they really are called 'perfect'..." Wardege stopped, and looked around. He thought he saw someone, but maybe that was just him, since it was a little dark in this forest, and what he saw appeared to be black. Someone's armor, perhaps? Although, he was alone, and anything could happen. Upon realizing this, he decided to call out for whatever/whoever he saw, in case it wasn't his imagination. "H-hello? is someone there?"

@Itzal

ID# 86543 LD: 1(Failed)

Edited by Wardege

As Itzal continued to contemplate his current dilemma, he heard a voice calling out, asking who was there.  He activated reveal and turned, seeing a black haired player through the trees.  Velnia spotted him too but before she could shoot off, Itzal grabbed her tail with his hand, keeping his eyes on the player.  Velnia tried to take off but felt resistance.  After a few tugs she glanced back and saw the hand.  She gave Itzal the 'really?' look and he just shrugged in response.  "He's a bit nervous Velnia, let's try to take it slow for once."  At the word 'slow', Velnia flopped to the ground, lying there for a moment.  She hated slowing down.  Not only because it was in her nature, but she just hated it.  She was far too impatient for taking time to do things.  She would not stand for it!  She bit Itzal's foot but he couldn't feel it.  However.  He looked down.  "What, now you're biting me?"  She looked at him before giving up.  Seeing her finally give it up he nodded and began to walk over to the player with Velnia on his shoulder.  He approached him with a friendly and reassuring face.  "Hello there!  I didn't know there were others in the forest with me.  My name's Itzal, nice to meet you!"

@Wardege

Wardege heard a voice once or twice, then a player emerged from the trees, greeting him with a smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Itzal. Wardege, at your humble service." Wardege thought for a minute, then he spoke once more. "Well, I guess I could use some help. I'm trying to find more materials so I might be able to finish an order I had failed to fill, and perhaps still have a good amount of materials remaining." He took a quick look around as he spoke, but there was nothing to be found. "But, as you can see, I'm not exactly having the best luck at this search..." He would appear slightly disheartened, for he was originally hoping to be able to find plenty of materials, and still have plenty by the time he finished his incomplete task. He was definitely going to need Itzal's help, that was the one thing that was certain here.

@Itzal

ID# 86786 LD: 10(Failed)

Edited by Wardege

Itzal watched the man introduce himself and explain why he was out here in the first place.  He understood as many players needed materials, sometimes asap like Wardege here.  He nodded with an understanding smile.  "You're not the first to be in need of materials.  If you'd like I could help you out.  I'm a scout so finding materials is nearly all I'm good for at the moment," he said with a chuckle.  "And if you'd like I could lend you materials now, or stop by your shop and drop them off.  That way you'd have some to craft with until you've gathered more.  If you need any more materials you can always buy some from either a merchant, or myself.  I have far more materials than I need, so feel free to take as much as you'd like Wardege."  He spotted a few more of those song crystal plants and pulled them out.  He handed two materials to @Wardege with a smile.

ID#  86801  LD:  12+8  +4 MAT  Itzal 6  <>  Wardege 2

Edited by Itzal
  • 2 weeks later...

Disgruntled at his situation as a low level player once more. "Is it Kayaba's intention for low level players to have ill luck? I can't take much more of this, it's practically humiliating!" Out loud, he said, "Thanks. I would like to receive materials. Is there a payment required? I have 300 Col at the moment, but I can still keep going with less." "Well, the real question is, how on earth am I going to repay this debt? He too, is a high level player, and there isn't much I could possibly do for him... Perhaps this way of life I have doesn't work here, since back in the real world, all we had was a little skill or know how, but otherwise we were all equals!" He looked to the ground, hoping to see if he had missed something in such an obvious place. It would have been nice if something were actually there, however.

@Itzal

ID# 87416 LD: 7(Failed)

Edited by Wardege

Itzal chuckled when he asked if there was any cost to the materials and he chuckled.  "No, actually no payment necessary.  I have no need for col at all right now, and I doubt I'll need any in the future either.  Listen, I enjoy helping others out.  Helping you to me, is payment in itself."  Itzal scanned the area and found another four materials, and walked over to pick them up.  Three of them were herbs so he handed the three to Wardege while he kept the song crystal for his own use.  He handed the materials over to Wardege.  "Out of curiosity, what build are you shooting for?  Tank?  DPS?  Supporter?..  Scout?"  Normally one would think that scout was the last build players would shoot for.  However for a while there was a point where most of the players he helped enter the guild, ended up wanting to be scouts.  It surprised, yet pleased him.  Itzal was a scout because he focused on what he enjoyed rather than what made him powerful.  He wasn't like the KoB who tended to focus on themselves and their own glory.  He had hoped that the Celestial Ascendants would be different.

ID#  87417  LD:  10+8  +4 MAT  Itzal:  7  @Wardege:  5

Edited by Itzal

Turns out that Wardege apparently owed nothing. This would have mentally urged him to do something in return, but there was nothing he was capable of to do so. Another impossible debt to pay, another thing to worsen his inner mood. "I'm hoping to go for both Tank and Healer. I prefer to help others, and to repay kind favors as much as possible. Whether I am used, or I assist, it doesn't matter. I live to serve. That is my way of life." He scanned the area, hoping he could actually find something. There was nothing, which made him feel even worse. "But I noticed it doesn't seem to be working in this game, much less being able to find anything at all..." He couldn't keep going like this. Either his luck needed to improve, or he would have to seek out a better life, and find a turning point that could make it happen.

@Itzal

ID# 87430 LD: 8(Failed)

Edited by Wardege

Itzal listened to what Wardege said...  And was a little disturbed by what he was hearing.  "Well, then...  That's a bit...  Interesting to say the least...  I think I'll address the second issue first however.  Wardege, I'm guessing you're new to games and the concept of them.  There are different skills and stats in every game.  Without those skills, you're more of use as an informant or counselor.  I am probably the only player in this game who decided to maximize my scouting skills before any other.  Because of that, I level grinded until I had achieved that.  It took a long time mind you, but it's possible.  There is something that I've learned, and that everyone will learn at some point in their life.  Before you can, and are able to help others, first you must help yourself.  If a beggar was asked by a man with a house and family for money he wouldn't be able to do a thing now would he?  No, the beggar would have to have a job, and steady income to care for himself, and then he could spare some for the man in need."  Itzal spotted another four materials as he spoke, handing three of them to Wardege.  Velnia landed on Wardege's hair and began to make herself comfortable.  Itzal shook his head and picked her up, causing her to yelp out in annoyance before he put Velnia on his shoulder.

"Also, you say you don't mind being....  Used.....  Would you mind elaborating on that?"

ID#  87491  LD:  11+8  +4 MAT  Itzal:  8  @Wardege:  8

Edited by Itzal

Wardege listened carefully. He wasn't exactly surprised about the response to what Itzal first said, and his response to Wardege's way of life. The explanation, however, was something to think about. "Well, you're certainly not wrong about the fact that I I have little experience in how this kind of game works. Sure, I have even tried an RPG, but it was not an MMO, so I guess for inexperience, I only have myself to blame. Thanks for telling me that I have to make an effort on myself if I am to go anywhere." Wardege didn't exactly mind the small dragon settling down on his head, but of course her owner would pick her up against her will like that. He thought he saw something to the side, but when he looked over there, nothing was around. "Surely, I will tell you why, it just won't be very easy to explain..."

ID# 87508 LD: 13(Failed)

@Itzal

Edited by Wardege

Itzal listened and it seemed that Wardege had accepted the fact that he wouldn't be able to do anything if he didn't help himself first.  He was relieved to hear that as the player didn't seem the one to think about anything save for other's wishes.  Velnia saw a butterfly in the air and began to chase it, trying to bat it with her paw from Itzal's shoulder before leaping to the tree branches in an attempt to swat it...  She liked a fair chase now and then.  Wardege mentioned how it wouldn't be easy to explain.  Itzal shrugged.  "I catch onto things rather quickly.  I'm not in any rush either so take your time explaining.  That is, if your comfortable with sharing.  If not I don't mind, I've just never heard anyone say those words...  Before.  It's really got me puzzled."  And very concerned he thought.  Those words he said could go in multiple directions, most of them not a good thing at all.  Especially for Wardege he thought.  Itzal found another four materials and picked them up, handing three to Wardege.

ID#  87509  LD:  19  +4 MAT  Itzal:  9  @Wardege:  11

Edited by Itzal

The small dragon seemed to behave not like other dragons he had heard of in his life, let alone the familiars he'd seen in this game that were also dragons. "Your dragon seems to have a rather unique personality when I compare her to others I've seen and heard of. I'm sure what i said might be less complicated when I explain." He recalled a few memories in his head, to make sure he was responding via an actual moment in his life. "Someone once helped me when I suddenly became a target for bullying, and I did my best to repay that deed. Little did I know that he was one of them. And as they made use of me, and I assisted them for the kinder deeds done to me, one of them eventually spoke with me alone, saying, 'You know, I'm actually feeling bad about what we've been doing with and to you, but there's one thing I'm confused about. Why don't you have any steel in you? why be soft as bread dough, or fragile as glass?' I explained how I enjoyed helping others, even if it meant getting taken advantage of sometimes. He replied to that with, 'You're really softer than I thought you were, Leif. At some point in your life, you gotta grow a backbone. As my last kind deed for you, I'm gonna get the others to stop this thing with you.' Right now, I'm starting to see what he said become clearer..."

@Itzal

"Yeeeaaah.  That dragon is a mystery, even to me.  Best way I can describe it is that she's some combination of a puppy, kitten, and squirrel all wrapped in one and given dragon scales, horns, wings, and lightning breath.  Seriously, that girl is the most random thing I've ever known."  He then began to explain his own story and hearing it really hurt Itzal, hearing that he was letting those bullies use him to do those things.  Itzal nodded when he heard what this man said, but he also caught what he guessed the player's real name was.  "He's right in a way.  Those people used you to do things that weren't right.  By letting them use you, they were able to do more harm than they could before.  I was bullied as well in the real world.  Mainly because I was good with computers.  You know what I did?  I escaped them.  I didn't fight them or anything I felt it was pointless.  So I just practiced on evading them.  Climbing trees and leaping from them, getting places they never could.  Things like that.  When I return from this world however, I'm not running from them anymore.  Don't let someone like that control you.  Be your own person.......  And by any chance is your name Leif?"  Itzal scanned the area for materials but didn't spot anything.  "Also don't feel bad.  Even I can't find materials once and a while."

ID#  87514  LD:  3+8  @Wardege

Edited by Itzal

"Oh, no, it's certainly not like I would hurt anyone. I've actually taken the hit for others from time to time as I repaid debts. Thus, I began searching for ways to make myself at least a bit sturdier. After all, I don't exactly think bullies can enjoy hitting someone who won't fall to the ground wounded and/or bruised. Of course, after the person who spoke to me had done the deed of ending that order for me to do things for them, they turned on us both. When they couldn't use force to knock me down, they tried to make me cave through words. The experience made me emotional enough...to retaliate with striking the face, not with a closed fist, of course. I regretted the action and fled immediately, and I had never been in such a situation again where I was reckless enough to retaliate by slapping one's face. The other students said I was brave to retaliate, but I didn't exactly wish to have enemies in the process..." Wardege looked down again, looking like he regretted much. He lifted his head up again, and spotted a berry bush, walked over and plucked the ripe ones.

ID# 87576 LD: 17(+1 T1 Mat)

@Itzal

Edited by Wardege

Itzal listened, but it seemed that Wardege's words looped back on itself.  "From what I'm hearing, you really do mind being used Wardege.  You don't mind helping others out, but used is a completely different matter entirely.  I think the correct way to phrase it would be 'I used to not mind being used, and now I want to help in any way I can'.  Trust me, people will react differently around you when they hear that."  He smiled and patted his back as they walked.  "Also, a slap in the face isn't much of a retaliation if you're slapping them instead of punching.  Regardless of this there is something called self defense.  If you're forced to defend yourself and your beliefs, don't be upset about it.  Especially when you aren't given a choice."  Itzal spotted a few more materials and handed them to Wardege, keeping one for himself per usual.

ID#  87706  LD:  18  +4 MAT  ID#  87509  LD:  19  +4 MAT  Itzal:  10  @Wardege:  15

Edited by Itzal

Wardege listened to the explanation. Once again, there was a bit of a communication issue. "Ah, well, I just love to help others and return favors. It's truly the only thing I've ever focused on for a long time, actually. That day, those words cut me deeply, and, well, I'll just say it is far more difficult for me to control emotional reactions than others..." This player seemed to be trying to comfort him as well as understand what Wardege was saying. "If I hadn't physically been a wall to the bullies then, I would have tried to prioritize healing entirely. Although I would have taken heavy armor anyway, I noticed how the tanks are virtual walls that protect, and somehow that lined up with my beliefs as well as healer." Wardege scanned the area yet again, and yet again, nothing. Wardege had to find something else soon to avoid being disheartened yet again.

ID# 87828 LD: 10(Failed)

@Itzal

Edited by Wardege

"Well whatever the case my friend, the past is in the past.  We can't change it, only learn from it, and use that knowledge to make better choices for ourselves in the future."  Itzal spotted another four materials and picked them up, handing three to Wardege.  "At any rate, maybe after we're done here we could go and get some lemonade.  I've never had it before and I've been interested in what it taste like.  And hey, if you want to hang out, talk, or go grind some dungeons or quests, I'd be happy to help,"  Itzal said with a smile.  He enjoyed making friends, especially since he didn't really have any friends in the real world.  He was so isolated he wanted SAO to be different.  Of course he needed to keep a lookout for Fearx, in case he wanted to prod him further towards leveling up and gaining the skill points he needs to defeat him.  If only the process would go easier...

ID#  87954  LD:  19  +4 MAT  Itzal:  11  @Wardege:  18

Edited by Itzal

Wardege took those words to heart. Past is in the past. Better choices for the future. If his original beliefs couldn't help him, perhaps keeping this on his mind might encourage him to try something else for a change. Either way, he still needed materials, and it wouldn't be long before he had a decent amount, thanks to this player here. "Well, with the future in mind, I still owe a few people, including Vigilon, Domarus, and now Itzal...How am I possibly going to do it all? One at a time I guess..." He looked to his left and right, trying to see if there was anything else he could find. He noticed an herb, and plucked it from the ground. "I will keep that in mind. Thanks for the offer, I will consider it for now." He had to return to finishing the order soon, and he currently had a decent amount of materials. But how to repay...

ID# 87955 LD: 18(+1 T1 Mat)

@Itzal

Current Total Mats(Wardege): 19

Edited by Wardege

Itzal smiled upon hearing his friends words and nodded.  "Glad to hear that man.  And, going off of what I now know about you, you can repay me by inviting me to help you find materials, or just coming to me for materials.  As you could probably guess I have loads of them."  Itzal chuckled before looking one last time for materials for Wardege before they departed.  He could feel they were about to after all.  Itzal had managed to successfully spot four additional materials and collected them, handing three to Wardege.  Afterwards he stretched himself, Velnia darting too and fro through the air multiple times.  Itzal chuckled again at the sight and shook his head before gesturing for her to follow.  "Alright looks like that's it for today.  You want to join me for lemonade or shall we depart for today?"  He really hoped Wardege would accept the offer.  He loved making friends and having conversations.

ID#  87960  LD:  7+8  +4 MAT  Itzal:  12  @Wardege:  22

Edited by Itzal