[Event - F16] Summer Beach Party

It wasn't long before Calrex had decided to move closer to the party group that he heard a familiar voice speak to him, one that had a younger tone than his own. Looking over as the young man approached the bluenette recognized the appearance of Hikoru. Giving a friendly smile and nod he turned to face him, "Nah, no intrusion at all. Besides it probably would have felt more weird if you had tried to avoid me during the course of the party, heh. It certainly has been a while since the last time. I saw that a smaller guild was hosting this party, and figured it would have been a nice breather from our usual day to day grinds."

He gave a casual glance around the party, figuring that if his fellow frontliner was in attendance, there was likely more familiar faces in the crowd. Of course they were probably also busy with their own musing, so he didn't continue that task for long, returning his full attention back to the conversation, "So how have things been with you? From the looks of it you've definitely been busy, at least from the last time we met."

@Hikoru

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hikoru just gave a chuckle as he approached and he said it was no intrusion. He spoke of the guild and he gave a nod. He had seen a few un-recognizeable players with a strange guild symbol, which must have been there guild logo. He just shrugged and took another once-over but didn't see anything too out of the ordinary. He just let out another chuckle as he said that he had changed in appearance. He gave a sigh and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly

"Well, I suppose that has things to do with what's happened..." He said with a small sigh. "After I lead an event, a player died. Even after all the planning and making sure teams were good, I still lost someone, almost a few players. After that, I took things a lot more seriously." He said with a sigh. "I mastered Shadowed Path, and i'm working a bit on getting stronger with damage. And my appearance? Well, I didn't need those glasses." He said with another small chuckle. He turned to him and crossed his arms. "What about you? I never see you or Momma Tea anymore." He said, bringing up his old nickname from the motherly-figure player he had missed over these months. She was probably not much older than he was, but she was still like a mother to him, at least in his mind. "Have things been going well?"

@Calrex

Edited by Hikoru

He wasn't the type for this.

No, really, this totally clashed with his personality.

Corvo stood, pale as a ghost in the midst of a party filled with people, half-dressed and unarmed. The urge to stab people was barely suppressed, and if not for their disarmament clause in the invitation, he would already be swinging his dagger around violently. As it stood, the Assassin had no fangs, and he didn't know anyone.

Why did he do this, again?

Because there's always the chance someone has seen Arc, he remembered. There's still a chance in all of this that I'm not absolutely alone.

Social events were the one part of Aincrad that brought everyone together. They were his last, best chance to meet and mingle-

And here he was, drinking and brooding.

This could only go well.

ccfe52eb7ecaa9b2745ad72f72185632--manga-

While Beatbox approached what Teion could only assume was some friend or acquaintance, the woman gave a glance down the length of the beach. There were plenty of other players around and enjoying the party, none that she recognized at first glance. It was only a matter of time before Teion wandered off, leaving the blonde swordsman to chat. With a rather blank expression, the blacksmith pulled her long violet hair over her shoulder. Her fingers went through the motions to form a braid, and once she had reached the ends of her hair, she secured the style with a blue ribbon.

By now she had put some distance between herself and the center of the festivities. Spotting a couple of towels and large, colorful umbrellas set up beside them, Teion took a quick look around before deciding to claim one. The woman sat down, folding her legs underneath her and propping herself up with one arm. The red long-sleeve top still covered her upper half, but her legs were still bare and leaving her with a slight feeling of discomfort.

She stood there in the bikini she had found, her face bright red. Her hand was now touching the door knob, as she tried to gain enough courage to walk outside like this. That was it, she couldn't do it, even as Elucia. She swiftly moved through her inventory and equipped  her cloak. She pushed through the bathroom door, activating her Sneak and Hide Skill. She was out the door and now bursting back out of the party. This just wasn't her, she couldn't be like this. She was out of the area in what seemed to be a matter of seconds. Elucia wasn' t her, she just couldn't be like that. She was Hidden and had to remain that way. She hoped Aereth and Domarus had found somebody, but it was too late for-. "Leaving so soon?" Nicholas stood there, staring at her from a few feet away. Either he was already leaving, or had seen her leave. "I-I can't do it. All these people, the amount of them make me nervous, and I can't be someone I am not" The dark haired boy nodded and turned. "We should begin leaving soon, and head to the sixth floor where the Gemini is. I wish to take the quest as well, I might be a tag-a-long, but I steal need to get stronger as well" She nodded and decided she would throw away that bikini later. She was glad Sey hadn't come, as he might have given away her true identitiy.

-Hidden Exits Thread-

Wardege relaxed knowing this player was fine. She nervously introduced herself as Kaya, and then she and Pixel began conversing, obviously without him at the current moment. He decided to take a small break from all of this. He walked over to the water, and watched the waves crash down on the sand. He began to imagine a section of the sand being his way of life, the waves being reality, slowly taking it all away... "I guess it's true then. I can't keep going like this... I need to do something...but what?" The tide rose, and the waves reached up to a quarter of the leg. The waters of reality had gotten to him, and he needed to find a new way to handle it... He began walking back to the conversation, hoping he might be able to join in again, but then a message popped up in front of him, asking him to come back to floor 1. He re-equipped his gear and left.

-Wardege has left the thread-

Jomei's eyes scanned the gathering once again, trying to spot any friends of his whom he could speak with and help get his mind out of the ditch it was in. However, looking over everyone only made him more depressed. Events like these used to be filled with people he knew. Jomei would attend these events surrounded by friends, even when there was tension between some of the players, as there was usually with Opal, he still knew he could count on mostly everyone there. Now, the amount of people he knew, let along cared to see, he could count on one hand. Everyone else had either gone into hiding or were dead. 

Looking back out, Jomei spotted Hikoru walking across the beach to speak with Calrex. At the moment, those were two faces he knew he could still call his friends. Stepping onto the sand, Jomei made a straight walk to them, his green cloak blowing in the breeze behind him as he strode. He did not care to change into any sort of beach attire, or anything more casual. He felt comfortable how he was for now. After a minute of walking, Jomei slowed to a stop in front of the two men. Jomei gave them a fake smile, "Calrex, Hikoru. Sorry if I'm interrupting the conversation. Good to see you both." his words came out in a monotone voice, not much cheer behind it. 

@Calrex @Hikoru

Hearing about Hikoru's growth both as a individual and as a team player the bluenette gave a nod, "Well, you are a damage-dealer after all, heh. Can't really say anything eventful has happened as of late on my end. I haven't seen much of Tea as of late, although the last time I saw her she was at the shop, although I can't really say what she was doing, since I can't recall any orders being made. I guess she's just cleaning up the place and making more room. For my I've just been at the usual, trying to amass more skill points and keep my build up to par. If it's one thing any tank-like player can benefit from, it's more health."

Looking over as he heard another familiar voice speak up Calrex turned to see that Jomei had also joined the festivities, however it did seem like the ginger-headed man wasn't in as high spirits as he normally was. Either case the Ultramarine Knight kept a welcoming tone, after all he still felt he didn't know the dueler well enough to be completely casual, but still wanted to express concern in his voice, "Good to see you too Jomei. Hope things are going well. Planning to stuff your face too? I was thinking of taking advantage of the food while out here, heh."

@Jomei @Hikoru

Aoda was a little late to the party. In fact, the dazzling sun was already starting to set, creating a beautiful mix of colours along the horizon. The beach was still lively, which didn't come as much of a surprise to the player. For the first time ever, the noirette was dressed in something other than the starting armor that everyone wore at some point during their time in SAO. A light red pair of swim shorts and a dark t-shirt. Perfect for a hot Summer day at the beach.

Not long after arriving, the lad realized he didn't know any other people who were there. Maybe this was a mistake. He thought, standing there idly among the crowds of players formed in the sand. Some played beach volleyball, whilst others simply chatted. There were even some who sat around the table covered in delicious-looking snacks and desserts. One girl stared daggers at a plate full of pastries, as if she were a lion and they were a group of gazelles waiting to be prayed on.

The man let out a sigh, wishing his "partner in crime" had decided to show up. But alas, he stayed back on the first floor, only saying "Maybe I'll show up for the fireworks or something." He knew that wouldn't happen either. Festivals and such weren't his cup of tea.

Whatever. This'll be fun.

Pastels bled through gray-black clouds as the sun slowly dipped behind the horizon. Murky and dark, the deep water reflected the dying light like a brush had dipped in it. Ripples on the creating waves washed back toward Corvo as he sat at the edge, tossing tiny pebbles toward oblivion. 

Somewhere at the end of that pixelated sunset, the world actually did end. It wasn't like his own reality, where all of this just stretched on infinitely across time, and at any given point in time and space, there existed a sunset. In Aincrad, it operated on a timer.

One a day. For everyone. He rested his face against his palm and sighed, heavily. Surrounded by people, but totally alone. Now I know how the Cap used to feel.

He glanced back at the crowd, still growing since the time he got there. They all look excited to be here, he observed.

That was good. It must have been difficult for them to find that happiness, all things considered.

"It's certainly lively now, isn't it?" Sannae's voice left her in a small sigh. As the sun began to fall and slowly meet the ocean's horizon, the brunette woman stood with her arms folded across her chest. Gazing out over all the different players that had gathered, the tall man with pale sandy hair looked away and brought up a hand to the back of his neck. "Mm...yeah." Tantis rubbed idly before letting his hand fall and tuck back into the pocket of his black pants. "I'm sorry, by the way." Still looking ahead, Sannae wore a soft smile. "I knew something like this would make you uncomfortable. But thank you for sticking it out for her." Sannae's golden eyes followed the lively brunette in the distance as Kitt3n dashed across the sand to meet the edges of the rolling waves. The man was silent for a moment, but then let out a small breath of air through his nose as the corners of his own mouth turned up just slightly.

Continuing to make the rounds with her 'responsible' chaperone, Kitt3n had become distracted with the beach itself. "Hey Levy!" She called out, causing the green-haired man to perk up at attention. He turned towards the teen just before a cold splash of water greeted him. Levande let out a small yelp at the surprise, followed by a chuckle. An impish grin took over his features, one that Kitt3n knew all too well. The expression caused the girl to tense up for a second before she went on the defensive. A strong offense was a good defense, right? Something like that. As if to prevent the mischievous green-haired player from getting close to her, Kitt3n leaned over to dip her fingertips back in the ocean. She continued to splash water towards him, as if it would ward him off and prevent whatever retaliation he had in store. Levande simply brought an arm up and pushed forward into the shallow water, causing the girl to abandon her spot. She had made it a fair distance as Kitt3n tried to flee from her guildmate, but along the way something beneath the surface must have caught her by surprise. Whether it was seaweed, a small neutral creature, or just her imagination, the teen let out a small scream in reaction while she lost her balance. She was just about to pass by a stranger with fiery red hair that had been sitting alone when she fell face-first among the shallow waves. @Corvo

The blonde continued to watch @Zandra's reaction and gasped when she brought her face closer to hers. She enjoyed this kind of flirting between them and was honestly hoping that it wouldn't change anytime soon. After all, she was one of the last friends by her side that she could fully trust and open up to. The reveal of certain detail had her face gradually turn from somehow happy to sour as she started connecting some dots between what she overheard. A conclusion somehow formed in her head but it seemed to outlandish to take it as a fact. Instead she looked at Zandra...  Ariel's expression turned serious as she asked the next question "Forgive me for eavesdropping on you but when you were talking to Hik I heard you asking 'if you didnt came here to kill me, why are you here?' What is all that about? And please don't lie to me." She then grabbed Zandra by the hands and force her gaze on the dragoness, wanting to read her expression as she replied. Ariel though she was normally holding her hands but she might've put a little bit too much pressure on her grip, hinting towards the fact that she was starting to get nervous and depending on her answer it will either calm or get worse.

On the other side, where the white lioness had just been captured near the food tables, Claudia was happily patting Kimba which in return started purring. Her favorite thing after food was being given attention and the crimson haired maid had a particular gentle touch to her technique that the white furball particularly enjoyed. If it wasn't for that, she would have put more effort into her escape until now. "Let's get you back to lady Ariel." softly said Claudia, seeing as she had successfully tamed the wild beast, or at the very least it stopped making her life difficult. She turned towards Keres and made a slight bow while saying: "Thank you so much for your help miss. I wouldn't have managed it alone.

She stopped petting the little kid in her arms and made a few gestures in the air, next a friend invitation from 'Claudia' would appear in front of Keres (@Domarus) and the maid would say: "I want to repay you for this so send me a message when you need a favor or just want to hang out." she bowed with a bright smile. Then she gently picked up Kimba's paw and waved at her while saying 'bye'. The lioness wasn't really into it and let out a big yawn, happily starting to purr again as the two turned around and started walking away.

Domarus was leaning against a nearby tree watching the events unfold.  It seemed that the volleyball tournament was silently canceled with everyone else going off with their own activities or conversations.  He watched as Hidden had left, seeming to be stressed out.  Of course he hadn't trained her in controlling her emotions.  That was for Sakoda.  That girl was a mess inside and out and he would be spending, possibly wasting so much time trying to straighten that woman out.  It would take time and great effort but if things turned out the way he deemed them to, it would be well worth it.  He would need Aereth's help with one of the more, important tasks as well.  He and Hidden were his inner circle so far.  He would continue to look for two others he could manipulate or persuade to join him who were strong enough as well as loyal enough to also join his inner circle.  The chances of finding anyone soon was extremely unlikely at best.  He closed his eyes as he thought.  Beside his inner circle he still need followers.  These followers would be a part of the guild he had been planning for quite some time.  He believed it was coming close to the point where he would need to start the guild.  He had the details completed but he needed one last member to start it up.

Regardless of this there was another issue.  Domarus needed to train.  He needed to grind quests and dungeons so that he would be able to catch up with the front liners.  He didn't want his guild to become famous before he had reached the front lines after all.  He hated to solo but it was beginning to reach the point where he didn't have much of a choice.  He wouldn't waste time if he could help it and simply steamroll through quests with as much speed and force as he could.  With his increasing destructive abilities in combat he shouldn't have too much of an issue doing so.

Meanwhile Keres bowed to Claudia ( @Ariel - The Crowned Lion) and selected the option that read accept.

"Of course Claudia!  I suspect that my master will be a bit busy, but I will see if we can't find a time to hang out together!"  Keres mentally grinned.  With Ariel's maid or servant believing she owed her, and with Domarus' ingenious mind, she had no doubt that they could take advantage of that.  If timed right, and with the right use of this new 'friendship', perhaps they could gain information on the maid.  She wouldn't tell Domarus just yet however.  She'd save that for later.

My forced smile disappeared when I herd @Ariel - The Crowned Lion next question. ‘’Ehh…’’ I started. But before I could say anymore Ariel startled me by take a hard grip on my hands, stopping my attempt to take a step away from her. It seemed she had overheard my conversation with Hikoru. But even worse, she herd when I asked him why he was here if he didn’t was here to kill me. I felt a drop of sweat appearing on my forehead and my face got a little pale. I was gonna wipe it away but Ariels grip was to strong. I gulped as my brain worked at full speed. I cant lie to her, just as she said asked. After all, this was the only one here that trust me, I think. So what I say next could actually destroy this trust as well. I bit my lower lip as I tried to figure out what to say. Because if I told the truth, I would break a promise that could do the same thing but to Hikoru. This is probably the worst situation Ive ever been in since I putted on that stupid helmet. ‘’Ariel, please…’’ I started to try give time. ‘’I… I just.’’ What was I going to say? I never thougth I would have to choose between two friends. ‘’Please Ariel. I beg you. I don’t wanna lie to you. But if I tell you, he will never forgive me. I like both of you. I don’t wanna have to choose between you and him. I cant loose you Ariel, please. You are the most important person to me right no…’’ I suddenly stopped before I could finish the last sentence. Those last words wasn’t meant to come out loud and my eyes went wider as I stared at the silver-globes.

Face-expression:

Spoiler

a8c67c65164a0ddb9c0188b1b60d928a053c0c68_hq.png

He blinked.

If he hadn't seen it happen right in front of him, the degenerate might have thought he was watching a comedy. The girl faceplanted in the shallows just next to him, and he blinked. There wasn't really a better response than that.

Well, except maybe the standard "are you okay" most polite people would offer. Corvo watched the girl for a moment, forgetting himself as he gawked at the fact a player in this world could be so unused to the system that literally aided them with movement.

How are you not dead already? was what he wanted to ask.

What he actually said was, "that... was impressive."

@Gladiolus Alliance

She didn't need to hear a clear answer, Zandra has already replied to the blonde through her body language. Her face getting pale when directly faced with the question, sweat starting to visibly drip due to nervousness, increased heart rate that the blonde could feel through the tight grip around her wrists. And that was just the physical response, her response to the blonde's request wasn't clear and highly hesitant. Her left eye twitched at the sentence 'he will never forgive me'. Already having a clear image in her mind of what was happening, the girl's hesitation and indecision didn't help calm the self proclaimed lioness down. She let go of Zandra's hands and was about to turn around and head towards Hikoru for a 'deeper questioning of what was going on'. A impulsive action that she was about to take without knowing what she will do... until she heard Zandra's last sentence.

Turning back and seeing her wide-eye bewildered expression, the blonde let out a deep sight. Expulsing some of her rage alongside the stale air from her lungs as she had been unconsciously holding her breath until now. She then pulled Zandra in a deep hug. "Okay, I won't press any further, I got my answer."

• 2 weeks later...

The Event Has Ended!
~Thank you to all those who participated~

@Aereth - 1 SP (3 posts)
@Hidden - 1 SP (4 posts)
@Morgenstern - 1 SP (5 posts)
@Daniella - 1 SP (4 posts)
@Itzal - 2 SP (6 posts)

@Domarus - 1 SP (4 posts)
@Hikoru - 2 SP (6 posts)
@Shadowpixel - 3 SP (9 posts)
@Zandra - 1 SP (5 posts)
@Ariel - The Crowned Lion - 2 SP (6 posts)
@Calrex - 1 SP (5 posts)
@Vigilon - 1 SP (5 posts)
@Kasier - 1 SP (3 posts)
@Wardege - 1 SP (5 posts)
@Dazia - 1 SP (5 posts)
@Kaya - 1 SP (3 posts)
@Corvo - 1 SP (3 posts)

All above participants also receive 94 col. Unfortunately, players with less than 3 posts are ineligible for thread rewards.