[PP-F3] Killing a shadowed Elf for armor <<Worn out Welcome>>[Complete]

Dazia was in the settlement known as Delilah, waiting for the player who offered to help her earlier, as she leaned up against one of the buildings' walls. "I wonder when Vigilon will show up. Until then, since I'm in a safe zone, maybe I can seek out a player or two to help me out, or to chat with. I've been alone, planning without ceasing, and it's been getting boring and tiring. I should get to it for a change." The shade of the building she leaned against was close to, but not exactly matching her black apparel, and her long black hair flew slightly in the breeze. Normally, she wasn't one to be impatient, but all that time spent not doing anything but planning can make one wish the next thing could go a bit faster...However, she was still waiting for Vigilon to also come by with a Rapier that was better than her current one.

(OOC: Vigilon and I have agreed to refrain from mob combat during the beginning so that he would have give me that Rapier he still owes me. He says he's ordered it from the shop and is currently waiting :/ )

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

Edited by Dazia
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vigilon had just reached Delilah after purchasing a weapon for Dazia in floor 4. He began walking, keeping an eye out to see if Dazia was around. He spotted her in the shade, not exactly obscured from sight. "You know, I don't think you're going to keep yourself out of sight without the sneak skill. Besides, it's a safe zone, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. By the way, here's that weapon you need." He transferred the Rapier over to Dazia's inventory, and then said, "Say, before we go to take care of that quest, you want to walk around town and possibly meet another player? When you're low level, I learned it's best to find some friends and allies, especially if they can get you out of tight situations. Then again, since you're the one taking the quest for some armor, I guess that'll be your call." It didn't really matter if someone showed up or not, even though it was likely, but there was nothing else at the moment regarding preparations for taking this quest. "Although she's the one taking the quest, I should still keep an eye on her. If something goes wrong, I'm sure I can deal with it."

OOC: Don't wory about what was previously said, it's been taken care of now. So just feel free to jump in when you're ready! (I don't mind the extra players in this thread.)

@Raze @Aster

Rapier of Wrath given to @Dazia(Details in spoiler)

Spoiler

Name: Rapier of Wrath

Item Type: Rapier 
Tier: 1

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: +2 DMG, +1 ACC

Description: This Rapier has a golden hilt which arches around the handle. The blade itself shimmers in the sunlight, and has a silvery glow when in the darkness. On the blade itself, the words ‘I am without fear’ etched onto the blade itself

A crack of thunder awoke him from his sleep. Rain flowing into an alleyway long forgotten by the Starting City dwellers. 

..Something... there was something... on my arm.. 

Disjointed thoughts begin to turn the cogs of a young man's lethargic mind. 

"How long.. has it been..?" Raze muttered to himself, his hoarse voice bearing witness to its inactivity. He looks to the sky only to be greeted with a downpour of rain, rusting his new armor, dulling his old blade. Another cascade of thunder jolts him to reality. 

"Must be nice to have a house to sleep in.." Raze sighed, under his breath: not wishing to offend some non-existent listener. This rain is irritating, can't sleep.. 

Can't remember.. what I was dreaming of..

Well, it doesn't matter. I won't do me any good to lay around here. 

Rising from the prone position upon the muddy earth, Raze's joints pop from lack of use and return to their original functionality, wincing slightly at the pain. 

I need to talk to Zulas.. He said he could help me. But it's been so long, and have I received no word from him. I cannot blame him however, I was the one who became dormant, he thought bitterly. 

Last I recall, we were on floor three, right after that one quest with the dark elves, Raze shuddered at the memory. 

I'm sorry I'm late friend, but perhaps we can begin the hunt. 

And with that, Raze trudges off through the mud to the teleport, ignoring the cloud break, signature slight frown consuming his visage.

Straight to Delilah.

Edited by Raze

"Behave, you hear?" Aster frowned, feeling as though she was the mother of an unruly toddler. The target of her warning was none other than her familiar Reginald, the orange fox that was currently circling and weaving around her ankles while the ginger girl stood still. A small sigh escaped her lips, and the creature was nudged by her feet as she moved forward, leaving the teleport gate in the middle of Delilah. 'Surely there has to be quests here that I can still do...' She thought, amber eyes scanning the area for any NPC quest-givers that flagged players down or made their plight obvious for others to inquire about. The support-built girl had managed to get a few levels to her name as of late, but her statistics still weren't anywhere near satisfactory for her yet.

"Reginald, be a dear and find us some work, will you?" She mumbled the request under her breath, knowing full well that the creature couldn't be bothered to do anything outside of its programming. Aster's eyes darted between players and NPCs alike, looking for anything of interest on her way to the city's request board. She had nearly reached her destination when a pair of players--no, one person in particular--caught her eye. Aster stopped in her tracks, standing still in the middle of the city streets, staring curiously at the girl with exceptionally long, raven-black hair.

Dazia looked at Vigilon, not amused with his observation. "I wasn't trying to." She looked at the Rapier in her inventory once it appeared. "If it's quality was any lower than this, I'd say it took you long enough." A perfect Tier one weapon right off the bat...that was something to be pleased about. She hadn't run into any monsters yet, so she should be fine if one shows up. Especially since she has a virtual meat shield to protect her and take the hate. She equipped the Rapier, and unsheathed it to examine it. The blade glowed slightly in the shade, and there were words etched in the blade that read, "I am without fear". "He either really cared enough to get me such a weapon, or outdid his own intentions. Either way, I won't be worrying about better weapons anytime soon..." She looked ahead, and saw a face that seemed familiar, someone that would be the least likely to actually be here. "No, It couldn't be... It's just not possible! I must be imagining things or something..."

+ Rapier of Wrath(2 DMG, 1 ACC)

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

Vigilon wasn't exactly thrilled to hear the tone and attitude that the response came with. "Oh, lighten up, I searched three whole floors for open blacksmiths before finding the shop and getting you this. You could say, 'Thank you', at least." Vigilon remembered the times when he would occasionally have a typical conversation with his older sister, but it would  sound like an argument. He only hoped that he wouldn't be constantly remembering these moments when working with this player. "Man, you seem to know how to turn a thankful moment into a bitter one by the way you responded. Just what is it you want from me? I thought we were trying to train like every other starting player for the sake of survival!" Dazia looked towards the road, and she appeared slightly surprised at the moment. What exactly could have her surprised after her seemingly serious demeanor? "You alright, Dazia?"

@Raze @Aster @Dazia

Stepping out of the portal, more than a little queasy, Raze observed the elven town. 

It has been a little while since I've been here. 

Raze takes a deep breath and steps off the teleport platform, dropping water from his drenched armor and silver hair. 

Now: How to get to that old shop..

Raze stands thoughtfully for a moment before suddenly tensing up. 

Something's... off...

Raze quickly scans the streets with vibrant purple eyes, noticing the various elvish NPC's, eyes passing over a Beast Tamer, before coming to rest on a pair of Players conversing or conducting trade of some sort within the shade of a dark-colored building. 

...those two, are watching me..

or maybe someone behind me.?

Raze glances over his shoulder at the Beast Tamer, pondering silently. 

His frown deepens as he recalls his and Zulas' first meeting.. He had been so awkward that Zulas had almost left him to his own devices. 

I think I can do myself the favor of making a good first impression. 

Raze begins walking towards Vigilon and Dazia, and begins to construct some sort of a greeting. 

The girl, she kind of reminds of..

no, never mind, I'm getting ahead of myself. 

"Hello, my name is Raze. You two look like the advertising sort. I'm looking for.. no, I can't tell them that!

"..Looking for a group to do the Quest <<Worn Out Welcome>> with, I was wondering if you'd be interested."

Raze sighed even more deeply than before. The last he had remembered seeing him was during such a quest. 

Talking to people is really difficult.. but I'm sure Zulas would be proud.

Raze just awkwardly stands there, stone faced, but his mind is racing with self-criticisms. 

I must have screwed up talking somewhere. 

He mentally berates himself repeatedly.

(OOC: sorry in advance, Raze is awkward as hell)

It took a while for the fox familiar to realize his master was no longer following after him. With little expression, Reginald circled back and weaved himself between Aster's ankles. The sensation of the fox's fur brushing across her skin was just enough to distract the ginger from her locked gaze, breaking away and looking down at the creature. "Oi, what?" She scoffed lightly. Only paying the familiar a moment's attention, Aster looked back to where the familiar girl was standing, only to blink in surprise when she had disappeared from view. No, that wasn't quite right. The sandy-haired player was still there, but in between herself and the petite black-haired girl now stood an tall, intimidating figure--a man that appeared to be speaking to what Aster assumed was both of the others.

The ginger frowned for a moment, unsure of what to do. Curiosity burned at the back of her mind, no longer able to study the familiar-looking face from her position. The gears of her mind continued to turn just as Reginald stared up at Aster's face. Taking it upon himself as he always did, the girl didn't even notice when the fox trotted off. He weaved between other players walking along, nimbly making his way toward the trio. Without caution, the furry familiar began to sniff at Raze's shoes.

Dazia decided to ponder whether who she thought she saw was there or not for later, since a tall player stood in front of her, blocking her view. He asked if she and Vigilon were interested in taking the quest <<Worn out Welcome>>. "We were actually finishing up preparations to do just that. I don't exactly mind another player joining in." It was nice to know she would have more than one ally on this quest. Then again, some players were actually interested in helping out the weak. Inwardly, she half smiled. Although at the moment she felt as if she would be using them to grow stronger, she might reconsider...might. She saw a small fox begin to sniff Raze's shoes, and at first she thought that might be his familiar, but a familiar that always tagged along wouldn't be sniffing the owner at all. "Well, it doesn't seem that we're alone..."

10 Light Points have been added to Dazia's Journal(See the journal for details)

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

OOC: Yes! 10 Light Points!(Better than nothing) :)

Vigilon saw as the appeared-to-be-a-tank came by, asking if the were interested in taking the quest <<Worn out Welcome>>...awkwardly. "Yeah, we were about to set off and take the quest, but you are 'welcome' to join us." He laughed as he said, "welcome", humoring his own joke. Dazia saw a fox sniffing the other player's footwear, and guessed that they weren't alone. Veriost heard those words as she yawned and stretched, and the small white frost dragon took flight, circled the fox, then flew upwards before diving towards Aster and circling her for a few minutes, then returned to Vigilon's shoulder, looking at him as if to say, "Healer inbound!" Vigilon couldn't possibly know how Veriost could possibly know if anyone nearby was a healer, unless she was making a guess on appearance, which she most likely was. "Um, that's a guess, right, Veriost?" The dragon familiar looked at Vigilon as if she was responding with, "An educated guess, you mean." Either Veriost was overly confident, or it was possible that a player's appearance could somehow scream, "Healer" for some unknown reason. But Vigilon was confused either way.

@Raze @Aster @Dazia

Raze nods slowly, the pun from Vigilon either going WAY over his head, or being ignored.

"Thank you. I was in a similar situation once: without a great man's tenacity, I would have never left the starting city." he said slowly and carefully.

Thanks Zulas, I won't let anyone go when I could offer help.

Raze glances down and stares impassively at the small fox inspecting his boots. He opens his mouth as to say something to the animal but is distracted by a miniature dragon zipping around and past him.

"First time I've seen familiars up close..", he mutters to himself, almost excited about it. This should be good, its been too long since I've had a fight, and I'm interested to see how good these guys are. Raze rolls his shoulders, and takes a similar position to Vigilon and Dazia along the wall; being careful to stay at an optimum distance as to not be considered overbearing but also to not be thought of as distant and unapproachable.

Despite his best attempts, he seems to be both.

"Ready whenever, just let me know." he said, and tried to pass off a smile. Unfortunately, it simply became a totally emotionless face as opposed to his regular slight frown.

Edited by Raze
Misconception of Expressions

"What do you think, Regi--" The girl stopped mid-sentence when she gave the ground at her feet a quick scan. The orange fox was nowhere to be seen. "Oh, would you stay put for once." She muttered under her breath. Before the girl had the chance to search for the creature, a blur of motion caught her off guard. Giving a start, Aster's head swiveled as she tried to catch sight of the winged object circling around her. When Veriost had stopped examining her and flew back to her owner, the ginger's eyes followed her. 'A dragon?' Her head tilted to the side with curiosity.

"There you are!" She growled. Her eyes drifted down to spot the bundle of orange fur inspecting the tall man that had blocked her view before. She hesitated a moment, intimidated at the sight of the man with the emotionless face. Still, she had to collect what was hers. Steeling herself, Aster walked over to the small gathering of players and quickly scooped the fox up in her arms, holding Reginald close to her chest with her arms below his front legs. She gave a small clear of her throat before speaking up to excuse herself. "Ehm, sorry about him." She said, the touch of an English accent audible in her voice. "Well, uhm... Cheers," She ended awkwardly, turning away.

Dazia saw the frost dragon wake up and take flight. She remembered when the familiar appeared to be in peril when another dragon familiar had began to playfully roughhouse with it. "Nice to know your familiar survived the 'roughhousing'." The familiar and Vigilon must have a strong bond, since he seemed to be able to find out what it was thinking by reading it's expressions. "What is she trying to tell you? Was she looking for the fox's owner?" Then another player came to retrieve the fox familiar. She was the one Dazia assumed that she recognized. However, now that Dazia saw her from a shorter distance, the similarities to someone she knew were even suggesting that who she saw and someone she knew were one and the same, and shock almost filled Dazia's face. Dazia would tell you that she lost her head that moment(If you asked her, that is). "Wait....Are you...Wha-..!? Asteria!?!? Is that you!?"

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

OOC: Ah, Raze, I hate to burst your bubble, but nobody actually said "Healer", that was merely expressions and such...

"Well, I guess a lot of us need a little push or assistance to start off, you're not alone. Heck, Without Itzal's encouragement, I might have not left the Town of Beginnings myself!" Dazia then asked Vigilon what Veriost was trying to tell him. "Well, Veriost believes there is a healer nearby. If a player is nearby, they'd probably be the owner of this little fox here, and even I wouldn't guarantee that they were a healer unless they say so." It wasn't long at all before a player showed up to retrieve the familiar, apologizing about it. "No worries!" He looked over to Dazia, who looked a little shocked for some reason. "You all right, Dazia?" Then she seemed to ask the player if she was someone Dazia knew. Vigilon's eyes widened a little, then blinked a few times. "So, wait, assuming I heard you correctly, you know this player?"

@Raze @Aster @Dazia

(OOC: actually a convenient cut and paste)

Healer?, Raze overheard, perhaps that is the Beast Tamer that owns the fox. If a healer were to join this already substantial party, we should be virtually unstoppable.

Battle tactics swarm his thoughts, and confidence in the success of this quest washes over his emotional palate. 

And when the girl approached, Raze took a breath to begin a recruitment speech, but quickly halted before a word was released from his lips. 

It isn't my place to invite people, what if this woman doesn't have an interest in partying with us.. Then I would be guilty of forcing her to join us...

Raze's brain continues on its tangent of overthinking the simplest of societal interactions, so much that he effectively tunes out whats happening right in front of him, appearing to be lost in thought. 

Then, an outburst from his female party-member, professing recognition of the Beast Tamer, spurred him to action. 

He began slowly, with several short pauses in between his words.

"It seems, that you two are already acquainted. Would you perhaps, like to join the party?" he managed to utter forth.

Raze suddenly feels his nervousness in social encounters alighting as he JUST did what he said he shouldn't be doing.

I have overstepped my bounds, haven't I? It isn't my place. Sorry to cause confusion and trouble. Why do you always have to be an idiot.., he complained to himself.

Throughout this exchange, Raze remains stoic, if not slightly irritated in appearance at his own shortcomings.

Aster had taken a step and a half away from the group when she froze in place. How long had it been since she heard the rest of her name spoken aloud? Still holding the fox--who was seemingly content with being carried around like a plush doll--the ginger spun around slowly, amber eyes looking back at the girl with raven hair. She stared back at Dazia's shocked expression, taking in all of her features. Finally, Aster's eyes widened in recognition of her own. "Vi--" Her mouth clamped shut before she uttered the girl's real name. She froze up for another second, unsure of how to handle the situation. The healer cleared her throat in an attempt to compose herself when a nearby voice spoke up rather suddenly.

Aster's eyes were drawn to the light-haired man. He was considerably taller than her, and his less-than-friendly facial expressions only added to his intimidating persona. His words were to the point, causing the ginger to frown slightly as she continued to process the situation. In no attempt to be rude, the girl didn't address his invitation right away. "It's Aster," She started, looking back to Dazia as a tiny smile made its way to her face. "and yes, it's been a while, hasn't it?"

At first, Dazia's emotions were colliding with themselves. "What were you thinking!?!? It's been a while since you've seen her, so how could you know that was her?" Then Vigilon asked why Dazia recognized the girl. But when the girl almost uttered Dazia's real name, it was pretty much confirmed. "Im-...Impossible...Why? How?" Then Raze gave her an invitation...to a party that hasn't even been formed yet... "Ah, w-we actually haven't formed a party yet..." "Why is everything seem to be happening at once? This moment is as awkward as it is, so hopefully nothing else but the quest happens....." Dazia had planned possible responses and choices for various scenarios. Fighting or fleeing, talking her way out of conversations she had nothing to do with, even some of the skills she sought to obtain and use, but nothing like this. Not at all. "It really has been a while, I guess... Aster."

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

Raze literally asked the player if she would join the party. It hadn't even been formed yet! Talk about early in a situation like this! Turns out, Dazia had the same thought. When the player turned around and appeared to recognize Dazia as... well, the full name wasn't uttered, but it wasn't like it mattered to Vigilon just yet. In this game, it seemed to be the players' choice whether to use their real names or their usernames in conversations. To Vigilon, being stuck in this game was like having a second life, where the soul's goal was to return to the first. The player corrected her name to be Aster. Once again, this was a player who made a username by twisting the actual name, assuming Dazia really said the girl's real name. "Well, to fix the problem of there not being a party yet, I'll just start one. But whether you join or not is up to you. We plan to do the quest <<Worn Out Welcome>>."

Party invites have been sent to @Raze, @Aster, and @Dazia

He knew it. There were too many people here. His social anxiety cannot handle three other people. Everything he says is a blunder, whatever he does becomes misinterpreted. Raze winced severely as his outburst of a party invitation caused stress to the group. Raze's mind began to shutdown, applying mental torture to himself in recompense for his self-perceived idiocy. His face returned to a slight frown, with a slight twitch in his eye.

Too many people at once.. Traveling with Zulas was rough, but with this many.. It's disrupting my thoughts, causing reflex speech..

Raze grimaced, as he shook himself out of his stupor, I can't give up, just because I'm too much of a coward to talk to people...

In fact I believe that... His thoughts were interrupted by a notification from his menu.

Party Invitation From Vigilon

Raze corrected his facial expression to apparent apathy and hesitantly selected; ACCEPT

It is about time I learned what perseverance means. Now is as good an opportunity as any.

Despite the tension in the air, Aster's small smile persisted. The fox held in her arms was practically like a plush doll at this point, expressionless and patiently immobile. Before much longer, a notification appeared in front of the ginger--a party request from the sandy-haired boy beside Dazia. The player's name read 'Vigilon', and he seemed to be sending them to all three of them. The thought finally clicked in Aster's mind to remind her that she had been looking for a party to hire her just minutes ago. While she didn't have the chance to inspect the other party members beforehand, the healer set down her familiar in order to give her a free hand to press 'Accept' on the invitation. Her eyes flickered to her top-left, examining the party information that displayed in her HUD. Once the raven-haired woman would accept, Aster's eyes fell upon her username--'Dazia'.

Not necessarily wanting to take the lead, but eager to start this quest that they had mentioned, Aster gave a small nod towards the group. "Well, there's always time to catch up," She began, not wanting Dazia to think she was shrugging off their meeting. "Should we get started?"