[PP-F3] Killing a shadowed Elf for armor <<Worn out Welcome>>[Complete]

(OOC: Wow, already 4 pages... this thread will be worth plenty of SP...)

Dazia watched as...her allies failed to hit the Dark Elf at all. Vigilon slipped and had fallen on his back, Raze seemed to be riled up, and Aster gave Dazia some words of reassurance. To avoid being the popular target, Dazia decided to just try and evade for now. The Dark Elf began rushing towards Dazia, blade in hand. Dazia waited until the opportune moment to sidestep safely away from the Dark Elf's knife. "Hmph, aren't you a clever one. But that won't stop me. Clever or not, my blade will taste of your blood!" Dazia knew that unless someone struck the Dark Elf enough times to divert her attention, she would be solely focused on killing Dazia. She had to just keep this enemy away for now, but either the enemy will be struck down, or the enemy's attention will be taken. Hopefully. "Perhaps it wouldn't hurt if someone could actually HIT her this time around..."

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

ID# 88631 Mob: 3(Miss)

[Dazia takes no action]

[1] Vigilon: HP 179/180, EP 8/20

[2] Raze: HP 178/180EP 2/18

[2] Aster: HP 340/340, EP 32/34

[4] Dazia: HP 20/20EP 2/2
            Enemies:

Dark Elf: HP 43/90

Edited by Dazia
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The others' attacks could have gone better as well, but at least Dazia was able to avoid the Dark Elf's attack. Right now, Vigilon might have seemed like the clumsy one, due to some unknown reason. For now, he could rest assured that Aster could heal Dazia should the Dark Elf manage to hit her, but he also didn't feel like he wanted to take any chances. He looked towards the Dark Elf. "I'll show this dark elf who to hate. Somehow." Finally, he managed to hit the dang Dark Elf with Snake Bite, and seeing that the attack came from behind, the next attack should leave her pissed off towards him, and in this situation, that would be a good thing. The Dark Elf's HP was still in the yellow, but it would take two or three more hits with a sword art to take this thing down. "Time to show this Dark Elf the ones who own this fight."

@Raze @Aster @Dazia

ID# 88633 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG)

Snake Bite-6*3x1=18

[3] Vigilon: HP 179/180, EP 6/20

[2] Raze: HP 178/180EP 2/18

[2] Aster: HP 340/340, EP 32/34

Enemies:

Dark Elf: HP 25/90

Edited by Vigilon

(OOC: @Vigilon I'm fairly certain that a critical hit adds an additional point of hate. You should be on par with Dazia now.) 

(Does anyone know how attacking without energy works? I thought I read somewhere that even without sword arts you still use energy. I could be wrong)

Raze missed by an almost dramatic margin, the Dark Elf effortlessly dodging and working her way towards her target. Raze whipped his sword around using its momentum to halt his lunge harshly and surveyed the situation. Dazia had managed to cleverly dodge the Elf's attack, leaving the Dark Elf unbalanced and unprepared for Vigilon's potent snake bite. Raze's eyes lit up with something other than anger at the sight of the Dark Elf's swiftly diminishing health bar. He almost laughed. The foe stands alone, glaring hatefully towards two members of Raze's party, the Intent to Kill written plainly across her face. "Eyes over here, wounded one." Raze uttered threateningly. "Can you feel it yet? Can you feel the end drawing nigh? Can you feel yourself getting weaker? Becoming Exhausted? Losing the will to press on?"

"You see, unlike you, we have the option of freedom. Unfortunately for you, you cannot flee. The very concept of surrender has escaped your programming" Raze growls forth, gutterally. 

"Let us send you back from whence you came. Enjoy your reunion, with the Cardinal system..."

The Dark Elf just barely dodges a thrust <<Straight>> to her face, managing only to suffer a grazing wound to the side of her head. Her fatigue was becoming apparent. 

<<Straight>> - Success!

ID# 88698 results:

Battle: 6(hit!) - 4 damage*2(<<Straight>> sword art) 8 damage

[3] Raze: HP 178/180EP 0/18

[2] Aster: HP 340/340, EP 32/34

Enemies:

Dark Elf: HP 17/90

Edited by Raze

(OOC: Yep, 9's and 10's both add 1 extra hate, but he was only at 1 hate before. And basic attacks cost 1 energy so after the first attack it balances out with the 1 starting regen)

'Ugh, and here I thought we had a well-rounded party.' Aster aired her greivances in her mind. She had accepted the need for her to fight herself, as much as she preferred to stay out of the fray and focus on using her supportive skills. Perhaps if she'd been a prepared alchemist and been able to supply some damage or accuracy bonuses, she would have been able to do so.

The ginger girl decided to save her self-scolding for later. She certainly wouldn't let herself forget this lesson anytime soon, at least. The elf still had a fair amount of health left, and so Aster attempted to make another attack in hopes that one of her status effects might trigger. Stepping up to try and catch their opponent off guard, she wasn't nearly as lucky as she had been before. Her first swing missed as the Dark Elf dodged to the side of her clenched fist. Following with a wide kick, her strike was blocked with relative ease.

ID#: 88867 | BD: 1 - Critical Fail!

[3] Raze: 
HP 178/180EP 0/18
[2] Aster: 
HP 340/340, EP 31/34
[4] Dazia: 
HP 20/20EP 2/2
            Enemies:
Dark Elf: 
HP 17/90

Edited by Aster

Dazia saw how Vigilon managed to bring his hammer down on the Dark Elf at last, so to speak. Raze pitched in, and Aster failed to strike the Dark Elf. Now the Dark Elf was coming for her. Dazia stepped back, and took a cautious stance. She and the Dark Elf wound up with their weapons in lock. "Don't think this will be so easy. I will persist until one of you dies! At the very least, that is..." Dazia was upset over the fact that she would have to rely on her allies to avoid suffering damage right now, and sure, damage might not be at this exact moment, but she hoped it wouldn't come at all, and that the others would be able to finish off the Dark Elf. "I'm not alone, but you are. There are some reasons why teamwork prevails. Ever wonder why people came up with the term 'Strength in Numbers'?"

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

ID# 88868 Mob: 5(Miss)

ID# 88869 BD: 3+1=4(Miss)

[2] Aster: HP 340/340, EP 31/34
[4] Dazia: HP 20/20EP 0/2
            Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 17/90

Edited by Dazia

Vigilon saw that Raze successfully struck the Dark Elf, and Aster failed to leave a scratch. Dazia and the Dark Elf ended up in lock, and he had to help. He rushed for the Dark Elf, and attacked with Snake Bite, striking three times. "It won't be long now, and I also have the enemy's attention. Now one of us has to either hit her, or hit her hard enough, and she will be defeated at last." The Dark Elf was definitely gonna be pissed off by that attack. He'd interrupted hers, and now it would hardly take much effort to finish the fight. "Alright, Just one more hit ought to finish this! It's nearly over now!" At this rate, anyone could finish this fight. Although, Vigilon didn't mind if it was Dazia who finished off the Dark Elf. This was her quest, after all. The others were just helping out, including Vigilon, for that matter.

@Raze @Aster @Dazia

ID# 88939 BD: 5+1=6(Hit) CD: 10(Recovered 2 Energy)

Snake Bite-5*3x1=15

[4] Vigilon: HP 179/180, EP 6/20
            Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 2/90

Edited by Vigilon

Can you hear it? The clock bells tolling? The time has come.. Raze looked down upon the Dark Elf as she stumbles from Vigilon's latest attack. Her rage at Vigilon and Dazia was nothing compared to Raze's raw hatred. In Raze's eyes was nothing, and empty abyss. His face gave absolutely zero indication of his fury. For the first time this fight, Raze's blade was not dancing with a deep red light, this time: it was all of his own power. He pulls his blade behind him and digs into the ground, aiming himself like an arrow at the Dark Elf. Explosively, Raze rockets from his position his body sending this weapon of judgement towards the foe...

"All yours Dazia." Raze speaks with a sudden peace. I'm in control. This is my proof of that.

Raze had stopped his cut millimeters from the Dark Elf's face. "You won't die by my hand, sweetheart." , Raze spat out the word with contempt to the common enemy, "Aren't you a cocky one.. despite being seconds from death." Raze stands up to full height before kicking the Dark Elf in the abdomen, sending her in Dazia's direction. Raze would attempt to make eye contact with Dazia, offer the slightest of smiles and nod gently.

[No action taken]

Enemies:

After backing off and carefully watching the others' movements, Aster held herself back from attempting another attack. With his last attack, Raze has quite literally passed the target over to Dazia to take the final blow, almost as if as a reward to mark the completion of the quest. The sentiment irked her, as it would have been more logical, not to mention easier, to have one of the higher-level sword-wielders finish the elf off. Aster reserved herself, however, relaxing her stance and wrapping her fingers gently around her left wrist, rolling her hand to let herself recover from the lengthy skirmish.

'After his I've got to find that troublesome fox and get back to my shop...' She already began thinking of her next actions once they'd returned to town and the quest would be considered complete. Running into Dazia was a surprise that had long faded from her memory, but perhaps it wouldn't hurt to send the girl a friend request before they'd part ways. 'Either way, I've got a lot of work to do.'

--No action taken--

Enemies:

Dazia watched as Vigilon brought the Dark Elf's HP to almost nothing. Raze faked an attack, then pretty much handed the enemy over to Dazia so she could finish her off. The Dark Elf looked between Vigilon and Dazia, and then with a cruel smile, threw her dagger at Dazia, inflicting what was plenty of, but not lethal, damage to Dazia, bringing her HP to yellow. The Dark Elf wasn't going to get away with that one. Not at all. She rushed forward and stabbed the Dark Elf in the heart, finishing the fight at last. "This...isn't...over...Mark my words, this...isn't...over..." The Dark Elf shattered, leaving Dazia to hope there weren't any more of those Dark Elves in the current area. "I'll be heading back to the smithy, if you ask me. I'm through with combat for at least a day or two." She gestured for the others to follow if they wanted to, then began making her way out of the forest, hoping someone would follow.

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

ID# 89147 Mob: 10(Critical, +2 DMG)

ID# 89148 BD: 6+1=7(Hit)

[5] Dazia: HP 9/20EP 0/2
            Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 0/90

Edited by Dazia
  • 2 weeks later...

(OOC: If nobody minds, perhaps I could try going for a chest in my next post, unless you would rather not on the slim chance of 10% of encountering a mimic instead...)

Vigilon saw that Raze had pretty much given Dazia the chance for the final blow, which was fine by him, seeing that it was her quest. The Dark Elf struck Dazia pretty hard, but thankfully she wasn't dead, and in fact retaliated with a killing blow on the enemy. Finally, at last, at long last the enemy had been defeated. Now the group could proceed back to the smithy and get Dazia some armor that she would most likely need. "About time that's over with. I was getting tired of that agile foe." He noticed that Dazia was already starting to head out. Dazia wouldn't make it out alone, so he began to follow closely, in case anything else had the ridiculous nerve to be aggressive at this moment. He began to dwell on the Dark Elf's last words, "This isn't over". There couldn't possibly be more of them close by at the very least! Vigilon had had enough of Dark Elves already, due to how agile the one they fought was. then again, this one could have easily been different than the others...

@Raze @Aster @Dazia

Vigilon: HP 180/180, EP 12/20-2 turns till complete HP/EP Regeneration
Raze: HP 178/180EP 0/18
Aster: HP 340/340, EP 32/34
Dazia: HP 9/20EP 0/2

(OOC: I do not particularly care, one way or another, though I recommend an energy refresh and healing for Dazia)

It was done. Raze nearly falls forward, just barely catching himself using the great-sword as a crutch. "At least, that's over with.." he whispers quietly, having fully regained composure. All my energy, exhausted. What a taxing fight. The longest and most weary I've had so far. Perhaps, I will improve from this. Raze glances sidelong at his allies, wondering. I can see it now... I'm incomparable to these heroes... It is doubtless that I will be surpassed in skill in a very short quantity of time by Dazia and most certainly Vigilon.

"Despite all my exhaustion, I didn't really do much of the work, did I?"

After seeing everyone fatigue and hearing their relief at victory at last, Raze rose painfully to his feet and stood among his comrades. Time to head back. Raze would fall in-step behind Dazia assuming that she would continue back to the quest-giving blacksmith. 

I'm getting better. At controlling myself... In a sense at least. I may have subdued my frenzy, but only at the expense of letting my rage leak into my speech. Raze swore silently, and shook his head violently. Next time, I'll be fully in control. I'll show you, Lupa..

Aster's eyes darted to the edge of her vision, watching Dazia's health drain just past the halfway mark. She let out the breath she had been holding when the meter stabilized, but strangely felt a tinge of excitement at the damage the raven-haired girl sustained. Perhaps she was wrong to feel grateful for the opportunity to contribute in her area of strength. Or maybe that was just the conflict between choosing a supportive build: it was something that could be highly valued, but nobody wanted there to be a need for it.

As their long-winded combat ended and their quest statuses would all update with the defeat of the Dark Elf, Aster picked up her pace to follow after Dazia and the others. She approached behind the dark-haired player, making her presence known before she would activate her First Aid skill. "At least I can finally be of some real use." She said just louder than a mumble. Her arms raised as she walked in-step with Dazia, and Aster placed her hand gently on her shoulder to trigger the healing effect with a soft glow. It only raised her HP by a few points, but it pulled the girl back into the green, and the energy cost was so minimal that Aster would be able to use the skill on her several times in a row if need be.

-Used First Aid on @Dazia-
Restored 3 HP (1 Energy Spent)

Dazia: HP 12/20EP 0/2

Turns out Dazia wasn't the only one who was exhausted and relieved at the victory. The other three players began to follow close by. Raze seemed to believe that he didn't do much of the work. Dazia believed that those words weren't exactly true. He did manage to deal some damage, which eventually lead to the Dark Elf's demise. She looked at Raze thoughtfully. "Well, you at least did some damage. What is important is that you wanted to, and could- help." Aster placed her hand on Dazia's shoulder, and Dazia's health returned to green. The rest of the HP regenerated normally. "Might as well search for materials as I go..." She spotted a gemstone concealed by overgrowth, and placed it in her inventory. "Do any of you have something to say before we return to town and finish the quest?" Someone might have something to say, and Dazia was almost finished with the task that is this quest.

ID# 89550 LD: 18(+1 T1 Mat)

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

Dazia: HP 20/20EP 1/2

Edited by Dazia

(OOC: Welp, no chest. Might as well prepare to wrap up...)

Vigilon noticed that the others had followed Dazia as well. The player was definitely safe, and, hopefully, they wouldn't encounter any more Dark Elves. Raze seemed to bring himself down a little for some reason. Vigilon actually thought he fought bravely, and to the best he could do against such an agile foe. "Nah, don't say that, you did great. We all pitched in, and eventually the fight was over." Aster healed Dazia, and she was probably safe now. Dazia began searching for materials, and Vigilon decided to look in the vicinity for anything at all. There was nothing. Figures. He continued to follow Dazia closely, and then she asked the group if they had any questions before they returned to town and finished up the quest. "Not really. Personally, I think I'm done with quests for the day. Do we all agree on that?" Clearly, he didn't want anything to do with Dark Elves for a long while...

@Raze @Aster @Dazia

ID# 89644 LD: 10+1=11(Failed)

Edited by Vigilon

It wasn't long before the party of four managed to return to Griswold's armor smithy with the materials retrieved from the agile enemy, the Dark Elf. "We've brought back the materials you need." Griswold turned to Dazia, saying, "Ah, good, you're back! Heh, I assume you killed a dark elf, did you not? If you did, I'm sure the vile one didn't stand a chance against the four of you." "Oh, funny you would say that..." After a short amount of time, Griswold returned with some newly finished Light Armor. It was about time she got this, and Griswold probably had no clue as to how hard it really was. "Here you go, one set of custom light armor just for you." "Thanks. If you have any more problems with Dark Elves in the future, just let us know. I think we just might be capable of taking them on again by then." Once the four had left the shop, Dazia turned to her fellow party members. "Well, this has been a crazy day so far, but otherwise, I kind of liked working together with you guys. I hope to see you again soon." With that, she left the party, and began looking for a place to stay for the night.

10 Light points have been added to Dazia's Journal

Dazia's alignment has been affected!

Summary:

Dazia: 4 SP(Thread complete, quest bonus), 400 Col, Shadow's embrace(T1 Light armor[Mitigation]), 1 T1 material, and Rapier of Wrath(2 DMG, 1 ACC)

@Vigilon : 4 SP(Thread complete, quest bonus) and 400 Col

@Raze: 3 SP(Thread complete) and 400 Col

@Aster: 3 SP(Thread complete) and 400 Col