[PP-F3] Killing a shadowed Elf for armor <<Worn out Welcome>>[Complete]

Vigilon managed to strike the Dark Elf at last, but she seemed to recover just before Raze's attack. "Alright then, swordsman." The Dark Elf said with a scowl, looking at Vigilon. "My turn." The Dark Elf rushed for the attack, but missed by an inch. "She's evasive, but she seems to have a 50-50 hit chance herself..." Dazia readied herself, since now there was definitely more attention on two other players, and rushed forward to attack. She thrust her blade in the Dark Elf's side. "The time to strike is now, I suppose." She muttered under her breath. The Dark Elf was definitely angered at the fact that the fight was going from no result from either side, slowly over to victory for the players. Dazia considered herself ready to continue in this fight, as long as other players continued to successfully strike her. "She'll be dead before she knows it, at this rate."

ID# 87965 Mob: 4-1=3(miss)

ID# 87966 BD: 8(Hit)

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

[1] Vigilon: HP 180/180, EP 15/20
Raze: HP 180/180, EP 10/18
[1] Aster: HP 340/340, EP 34/34
[1] Dazia: HP 20/20, EP 0/2

Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 70/90

Edited by Dazia
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vigilon noticed that Raze's attack missed, probably due to end of paralysis, maybe, he couldn't be certain. Aster took no action, and the Dark Elf rushed for him. This time, he just sidestepped. "If you keep using the same tactic for attack, your actions will be predictable..." Dazia went for the attack...again. Once again, he needed to get a successful strike to prevent another attack on Dazia. Vigilon had already lost count of the low level players he kept safe by taking the hate. Was it a few? probably three, but he wasn't sure.  Either way... "It's my turn now." He advanced to attack with Snake Bite, but, for the third freaking time, the Dark Elf dodged each swing. Now this was starting to be just plain annoying. "Oh, come off it! We'll barely deal any damage at this rate if we just keep attacking in the same way, not including the sword arts, but the approach itself! Wait, where did she go!?" The Dark Elf was behind Vigilon, and knocked him over, causing him to fall flat on his face.

@Raze @Aster @Dazia

ID# 87969 BD: 1(Crit. Miss!!)

Snake Bite-Failed!

[1] Vigilon: HP 180/180, EP 13/20
Raze: HP 180/180, EP 10/18

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon

Unbalanced by the casual parry of his great sword, Raze stumbled to one side, watching as his allies chip the elf's health down, bit by bit. Raze bleeds from the corner of his mouth as he clenches his teeth into his tongue. Turning on heel and shifting his calloused hands on the rough grip of the sword, Raze lunged forward, to interdict the strike of the Dark Elf's dagger on the prone Vigilon. Raze drives his blade against her dagger block, forcing her back a few feet, before shoving her away. Raze hastily turns about and offers his hand to Vigilon, "Let's take care of this; together" Raze mutters coarsely, yanking Vigilon to his feet. The Dark Elf has recovered at this moment and readies her dagger.

Raze drives forward, pushing the dark elf back with a thrust aimed <<Straight>> for center mass, but once again, she proves too agile, if just barely. The point of Raze's sword almost grazing her ear as she leaps over the blade, and over Raze himself. Alright Vigilon, Dazia, Aster, here she comes. Sorry I couldn't help.

ID# 88022 results:

Battle: 5(miss) - 0 damage

<<Straight>> - Failed!

Raze: HP 180/180, EP 8/18

Enemies:

Edited by Raze
roll

'Alright, new future plan: invest heavily in accuracy buffs for party members.' While the Dark Elf hadn't even been brought to 75% of her initial health, Aster's bottom lip pouted into a tiny frown. One quick glance to her user interface showed that she was still very close to drawing the monster's attention--if she landed a successful attack it would almost certainly go for her before Vigilon or Raze had the opportunity to regain control. She let out a tiny sigh out of frustration more than anything--she was a bit stuck in her options. What kind of dedicated healer would she be if she continued putting herself in harm's way? If her damage was high it might be worth considering, but she would only be gambling on a chance to trigger bleed or another paralyze effect. Resigning herself, Aster took a couple of small steps back. Reginald peered over at the scene from behind his master's feet, as if he was equally as unwilling to join the fray. It wasn't unusual at all for the familiar to stay on the sidelines while Aster was in a fight--in fact, she couldn't recall ever seeing the fox make an attack on a monster. Perhaps she had picked up an animal that was just as much a pacifist as herself.

-No Action Taken-

Enemies:

Well, this time Vigilon and Raze had missed yet again, and now it was the Dark Elf's turn. "Did any of you truly have ANY readiness for me? I'm just too fast for you all! None of you can keep up most of the time!" Dazia attempted to thrust at the Dark Elf, but the Dark Elf rushed to stab Vigilon in the chest right before Dazia's attack. "I'm sick of missing, but I'm also sick of my allies missing too. This is ridiculous! We should have anticipated a slick opponent and brought something to boost accuracy!" Well, in this case, Dazia was right. The group should have thought about bringing some accuracy items with them, but of course they didn't because they never saw this coming at all. Now Dazia had to basically wait for Vigilon and Raze to actually start hitting the stupid Dark Elf before anything else at this point! Dazia would only be putting herself in danger if she kept going when her allies couldn't make a scratch on the enemy!

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

ID# 88056 Mob: 9(Critical, +1 DMG)

ID# 88057 BD: 4+1=5(Miss)

[1] Vigilon: HP 179/180, EP 13/20

Enemies:

Edited by Dazia

Vigilon accepted Raze's hand, and when he got up, Raze rushed to attack the Dark Elf...and missed again. The Dark Elf began boasting over how the party of four had no readiness. "Well, she's right on one thing. Had we known about how agile she was, I would have brought some accuracy consumables!" The Dark Elf stabbed him while he was still in his thoughts, but the damage was still mitigated to barely anything. Thus, as long as a player that had mitigation had the Dark Elf's attention, the party of four was sure to win sooner or later. He smirked and said, "That hardly hurt at all. My turn." Specifically, he was speaking based on the damage done to him. He knew of the system that prevented the players from feeling pain(Not emotional or imaginary pain, but still), but he wanted to let the Dark Elf know that it would take far too many hits to actually kill him. He rushed over to attack with Snake Bite. Simply put, he had to stop talking before he attacked, for the Dark Elf was always ready for him...

ID# 88115 BD: 4+1=5(Miss)

@Raze @Aster @Dazia

Snake Bite-Failed!

[1] Vigilon: HP 179/180, EP 11/20

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon

(OOC: sorry, this week was pretty busy for me)

This is taking much longer than I care to admit. How many times have we attacked collectively now? It feels like dozens. Despite recently gaining the basic sword arts of the Two Handed Straight Sword: it seems as if my skill with it has not improved. In fact, my skill may have even decreased. A surge of anger swells from within, the light in his eyes flickering, but it is defiantly quelled. Losing myself won't help here, and if that is the least I can do; I shall do so. Raze narrows his purple eyes as the Dark Elf strikes at Vigilon, and miraculously hitting him. Raze tenses up as the dagger makes an insignificant cut in the chinks of Vigilon's armor, eyes going wide as the most minute drop of blood hits the ground. Is this even winnable? Will we be here together forever?  The callouses on Raze's hands begin to chafe as he grips the sword tighter and shifts his grip once more, successfully managing to mask his surging anger. Raze took a step forward, and then another, and another, thundering towards the Dark Elf. Strategy, right? A good tactic is to overwhelm the opponent with a flurry of blows, so: if I attack at the same time as Vigilon, this should work!

And work it did. The Dark Elf, nimbly dodged Vigilon's strikes once more, but something was different this time. As she turned to look over her shoulder, she caught the point of a sword <<Straight>> to her brow, missing vitals, but causing a spurt of blood and a small piece of HP loss. Quickly she disengages from within Raze's attacking range, seething with rage. Her hate filled eyes casting glares over her opponents.

<<Straight>> - Success!

ID# 88147 results:

Battle: 7(hit!) - 4 damage*2(<<Straight>> sword art) 8 damage

[1]Raze: HP 180/180, EP 6/18

Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 62/90

Edited by Raze
roll

((OOC: Raze, just a reminder that SAO doesn't actually display blood. Avatars just have those red glowing gashes and stuff on them when they get hit :P))

Aster went so far as to consider removing herself from the fight. Sure, with three damage-dealers, at least one of which who was capable of withstanding the Dark Elf's attacks, one would think that a healer is the perfect role to round out their adventuring party. Aster's skills, however, were simply not needed. The Dark Elf's attacks were about as consistent as their own, and on the occasions when she did strike Vigilon, his armor left him practically untouched.

The girl frowned. If she attacked, she was still at risk of drawing the Elf's attention. Despite the mitigation present on her own equipment, it felt as though the action would hardly be worth it for what she could achieve. Aster's spine straightened. She dropped her hands and just like that her combative stance vanished. Reginald looked up to his master curiously, bushy tail twitching behind him. She would wait, and watch, and hope the fight would not drag on all day.

-No Action Taken-

[1]Raze: HP 180/180, EP 6/18

Enemies:

So once again, Vigilon tried to attack, but failed miserably. Raze actually hit it, and at good timing too, which was when the Dark Elf least expected it. "That was actually a bit impressive, but I'm not sure you can move fast enough to avoid my blade with that heavy armor..." She wasn't wrong there, for she happened to score a critical hit, although the damage was mitigated to much lower than it would have been. "Gah! That armor may be more durable that it looks, but even if it takes all day to kill you, I will enjoy and savor your deaths!" The Dark Elf, in Dazia's opinion, seemed to be more talk than steel, so to speak. "So what if it takes all day? The odds are completely against you! Just because we are missing the target often does not mean we will be chipped away at so easily!"

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

ID# 88197 Mob: 10(Critical, +2 DMG)

-Dazia Takes no action

[1]Raze: HP 178/180, EP 6/18

Enemies:

Edited by Dazia

Vigilon was happy to see that Raze managed to successfully strike the Dark Elf. Aster and Dazia did nothing, but that was alright. The Dark Elf got Raze pretty good, not counting the minor damage done. But Vigilon needed to strike while he had the chance. Of course the Dark Elf somehow, miraculously noticed Vigilon coming without even turning her head to the side to see him coming. She sidestepped and tripped him. "Agh! Nyrrgh, Dagnabit! I don't know how you saw me coming, but now you've got me all riled up!" The iron necklace glowed a bluish-violet more intensely, and a few small violet embers began to form around Vigilon, once again, an effect of the necklace, which he'd forgotten to mention, although he was clearly focused on the Dark Elf right now. Vigilon meant business now, and from Vigilon's perspective, she was in for it, and she was doomed.

@Raze @Aster @Dazia

ID# 88198 BD: 2(Crit. Miss!)

Snake Bite-Failed!

[1] Vigilon: HP 179/180, EP 10/20
[1] Dazia: HP 20/20, EP 1/2

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon

(OOC: skip me, dealing with crisis, keep Raze in the selection of targets by combatants to keep it fair, I will try to put placeholders like this where I can)

Raze, exhausted, pants heavily and wipes the edge of his sword seemingly cleaning it with his thumb despite it not being stained. He blinks and his violet eyes refocus on reality. A vibrant glowing gash visible on the Dark Elf's brow, clearly digital in nature. Raze looks in confusion before wiping his eyes. But the Dark Elf had vanished. Raze lurches to the side as a dagger delivered with surprising force connects with his abdomen, unbalancing him. Taking advantage of this, the foe kicks him to the ground in his bewilderment, and turns to face the other party members. Raze uses his sword as a crutch and pulls himself to his feet unsteadily. Something had shaken him, perhaps because his perception of violence was so ingrained into his mind, that he couldn't imagine it as any way else. Raze shakes his head and steadies his legs, before staggering over to the fight, surprisingly unhurt by the stab on account of his armor.

[No action taken]

Enemies:

Edited by Raze
placeholder replacement

The Dark Elf was the most careful around the men, focusing her efforts on dancing around their blades. Aster's and Dazia's inaction hadn't drawn any attention to themselves, but the ginger was starting to think that she wouldn't get the luxury of staying in the backline. The few hits the Dark Elf got on their party were pitiful--perhaps the trade-off for her high evasion. If Aster didn't bother to participate in the fight as a damage-dealer, she couldn't expect to have much use as a healer with the damage output they'd seen from their opponent so far.

The Elf had side-stepped out of the path of Vigilon's attack, sneering at the swordsman as he fell to the ground. Aster took in a sharp breath, looking over the woman's cloaked form before she moved a quick couple of paces to close the gap between them. Aster reached for the Elf's wrist, taking hold of it before she could pull away from the girl. The orange-tinted electricity sparked to life around the healer's handwraps and surged through her target. She jerked the arm back and slid her right foot through the Dark Elf's ankle to sweep her off her feet, leaving their target prone.

@Dazia @Vigilon

ID#: 88338 | BD: 8 - Hit!
3 DMG - Paralyze Activated

[2] Aster: HP 340/340, EP 33/34

Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 59/90 - Paralyzed!

Edited by Aster

Dazia watched as Vigilon's attack was avoided, and then The Dark Elf tripped him. For some reason, Violet Embers formed around Vigilon? Dazia shook her head over this. It was one strange amulet. She then saw Aster grab and strike The Dark Elf, and now the enemy was paralyzed again. This was a chance for the party to strike! Dazia stabbed the Dark Elf, and on the outside, Dazia said, "Kind of hard to miss you if you're paralyzed, aren't you?" On the inside, however, she hoped that the others would be able to hit it, instead of miss due to any kind of recklessness, which would be pitiful and sad. Dazia didn't exactly wish to be hit whatsoever, and maybe the others could hit more often, eventually taking the Dark Elf down. However, Dazia hoped this fight would finish more quickly, since attempting to chip away at the Dark Elf wasn't going as well as planned.

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

ID# 88347 BD: 8+1=9(Hit)

Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 55/90

Edited by Dazia

(OOC: So did we "Skip" Raze on just that turn, or do we just try and continue? Also, Doesn't Aster deal only 1 DMG?)

Vigilon saw Aster strike and paralyze the enemy, and Dazia followed to strike the Dark Elf as well. Now it was his turn. However, the result was...disappointing. He missed by a freaking inch. Had he gotten closer, at least one strike from his attempted Snake Bite attack might have landed. "Next time I should just get closer before letting loose, I can't just waste my energy like this..." He was starting to tire out a little, and seeing his energy drop below half was a bad sign to him, not exactly a red flag, but it would mean that if this enemy, the Dark Elf, kept avoiding the attacks, this fight would be drawn out to the point being lost and the fighters being exhausted, being stuck to only deal base damage, which won't get this party of four very far here. They had to beat this thing soon before it went on forever!

@Raze ? @Aster @Dazia

ID# 88348 BD: 4+1=5(Miss)

Snake Bite-Failed!

[2] Dazia: HP 20/20, EP 1/2

Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 55/90

(OOC: BTW Dazia, I added the hate for you.)

Edited by Vigilon

(OOC: @Asterin reference to the blood, i won't mention it in this thread anymore, but consider it Raze's delusion)

+5 HP (battle healing)

Raze, still disoriented, suddenly feels refreshed, and looks down at his side to notice the lack of an injury, his battle healing having regenerated it. He chuckles softly.

"No matter how determined you claim to be, or how conceited your anticipation of victory may be... Know this: You cannot kill me. Even if there were a dozen of you, you couldn't kill me. It's only a matter of time now. Now come and accept death, it has become your reality." Raze utters forth coldly in a commanding voice, eyes searing with a unrecognizable anger. Raze approaches the Dark Elf slowly, "Even if by some virtue of chance I don't hit you with this next attack, we will kill you eventually. Yet I can't even feel your strongest.." He brings his sword up in front of him pointed at the common enemy of the party. Scared yet? There is no way out. This is inevitable. I'll say my goodbyes in advance. Raze looks through the Dark Elf, seeing a target, not a threat as the blade slides <<Straight>> across the paralyzed Elf's shoulder.

(OOC: A re-roll was determined to be the best course of action by Shark the Administrator, luckily the outcome was still a success)

<<Straight>> - Success!

ID# 88432 results:

Battle: 6 (hit!) - 4 damage*2(<<Straight>> sword art) 8 damage

[2]Raze: HP 178/180, EP 4/18

Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 47/90

Edited by Raze
(RE-ROLL)

(OOC: Yeah, I guess I was confused about where the +2 damage for two-handers comes from. I've added 2 HP back to the Dark Elf and I'll be at 1 base damage now)

The intensity of her teammates seemed to only increase, whether the length of the battle was causing the tension in the air to rise, or the Dark Elf's prodding and taunting was wearing on their patience. Aster tried to dismiss Raze's newfound charisma, his words coated is seething anger. Emotions weren't going to help her in this fight. Unfortunately, neither would tactics or cleverness--two things she normally had to fall back on. Her party simply had to rely on hit chance and continue chipping away at the Elf's health bar until they would eventually be victorious.

The ginger let out a steady breath through her nose. The paralyze effect was fading, and so Aster moved in to try her hand at another attack. The Dark Elf got to her feet, patting against the front of her clothing to dust herself off, as if taunting them again with her nonchalant attitude. Aster approached, extending her left fist towards the monster's chest. The Elf reacted quickly enough to block the swing and direct the player's arm across her body. Following-up on the motion, Aster spun herself around, bringing the back of her right fist against the side of the Elf's head. Although she dealt such miniscule damage, a hit was a hit. 'I just have to wait for a lucky status effect.'

@Vigilon

ID# 88456 | BD: 6 - Hit!

[2] Raze: HP 178/180, EP 4/18
[2] Aster: HP 340/340, EP 34/34

Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 48/90

Dazia watched as Vigilon missed yet again, and the others followed to successfully strike the Dark Elf. There were three who had the Dark Elf's attention, and she was going to make her move. The Dark Elf rushed for Raze, but Dazia dashed and struck her in the side, hard enough to knock her over to the side. When the Dark Elf got back up, she glared at Dazia. "Oh, no." "You'll pay dearly for that one." Well, Dazia had done it this time. She'd just put herself in harm's way for a player who could withstand the damage. Although, it felt good doing decent damage to a foe for a good cause. But where would that get her? She only hoped that the others would divert the Dark Elf's attention away, although it might take more time than just a single attack. Might. "Alright, a little help would be nice right now, considering the mess I've just gotten myself into..."

10 Light Points have been added to Dazia's journal

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

(OOC: HELP, I've unintentionally gotten 2 Hate...)

ID# 88465 Mob: 2(Miss)

ID# 88466 BD: 9(Critical, +1 DMG)

[2] Aster: HP 340/340, EP 34/34
[4] Dazia: HP 20/20, EP 1/2

Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 43/90

Edited by Dazia

Vigilon watched as he saw Raze and Aster successfully hit the Dark Elf, and then Dazia stopped the Dark elf's attack, although the attack pulled all current attention on her, despite that the effort was brave. "This can't be good. We've got to help before the attack happens!" He prepared to strike. If there was one thing that couldn't possibly be denied, it was the fact that Vigilon's attack could have been waaaaay better than what did happen. He rushed for the Dark Elf, but with just one step slipping, he wound up doing a backflip before landing on his back, frustrated with this humiliating moment. "Why, just why?" He was doing what he could, but it seemed that life was being hard on him, as it usually seemed to be. Guess his "Not so lucky beginner days" were still around. Heck, he still needed to help Dazia and his other allies, but in that case, why is all this happening??

@Raze @Aster @Dazia

ID# 88527 BD: 1(Crit. Miss!!)

Snake Bite-Failed!

[1] Vigilon: HP 179/180, EP 8/20
[4] Dazia: HP 20/20, EP 1/2

Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 43/90

Edited by Vigilon

Raze feels like the shore near a great ocean. Anger washes over him in waves, as he holds his personality in check. Losing myself would not be a good idea. Raze stifles his emotions and recovers his expression.  "I'm starting to think that this fight will last for much longer still.." he mutters to his comrades, before casting a glare into the Dark Elf. "Enjoy your time in this realm while it lasts." he growled, words dripping with an almost tangible malice. Why am I so... angry? Raze sets his jaw and shifts his footing, putting his weight behind him whilst bringing the old great-sword up to his opponent's height. Delving deep into Razes's subconscious, his mind was hard-at-work. Raze knew that whomever hit the target the most, the more hate they'd accumulate. And with the way things were looking, the elf would almost certainly target the most vulnerable person in the party. Raze is overwhelmed by a strong sense of protectiveness. But even with his target <<Straight>> in front of him, he cannot hit the Dark Elf. She easily ducks under the thrust and maneuvers directly past Raze.

<<Straight>> - Failed!

ID# 88576 results:

Battle: 4(miss)

[1] Vigilon: HP 179/180, EP 8/20
[2] Raze: HP 178/180, EP 2/18
[2] Aster: HP 340/340, EP 33/34
[4] Dazia: HP 20/20, EP 1/2

Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 43/90

Edited by Raze
roll

Aster attempted to follow the Elf's movements, tightly gripping the cloth wrapped around her wrists and hands. She delivered a short series of punches, but the creature easily danced around her strikes. Too far away to grab at her like before, Aster disengaged with a small hop backwards and took on a defensive stance just in case the Elf would follow her movements. The Dark Elf's gaze flickered to the left, and Aster's head turned to follow its direction. Her eyes landed on Dazia, the girl who was lucky enough to land a critical strike, but unlucky enough to draw their target's attention to herself. Aster felt the corner of her mouth turn upwards into a small smile. She masked any worry that lingered in the back of her mind and instead voiced her reassurance.

"Don't worry, I can heal any damage those weak knives of hers can deal." She called with a confident tone to the raven-haired swordswoman.

ID# 88628 | BD: 4 - Miss!

[1] Vigilon: HP 179/180, EP 8/20
[2] Raze: HP 178/180, EP 2/18
[2] Aster: HP 340/340, EP 32/34
[4] Dazia: HP 20/20, EP 1/2

Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 43/90

Edited by Aster