[F1-Tailor] Killia's Kraft Haus

Medieval town 3 by Hetman80.deviantart.com
Medieval town 3 by Hetman80.deviantart.com

Killia's Kraft Haus

Down the alley of the Town of Beginning's merchant district stands several small businesses. Off the beaten path and away from the hustle of the common road, these establishments remain quiet and peaceful. Here, players run shops absent from the clash of hammers, the bang of drums, and bartering of hagglers. Instead, these few practice tailoring, cooking, and jeweling. Of these shops, Killia's Kraft House sits oddly out of place at the far back. While still peaceful and quite, it is here that the young man works diligently on his leatherwork. The stench of ether and mineral spirits wafts from his windows and the soft scrape of steel against hide hisses rhythmically. To the others in their district, he is an outsider and lacks the refinement of true "art". His works offer fit, form, and function. They lack the elegance of a woman's touch and focus on the reality of their gritty predicament.

While quiet and peaceful in its own right, Killia's Kraft Haus stands to offer players a solution for their day to day struggles, without the weight, clang, and discomfort from plate or chain.

The Owner
Beginner Tailor (Rank 1) 15/20EXP

Killia is a man of little words. Deep blue hair and harrowing orange eyes, his resting expression is sometimes mistaken for anger or frustration. His past is riddled with strife and he wears his guilt like shackles around his limbs and neck. Despite his social ineptitude, Killia understands and respects his craft and the needs of his clientele. He works not just for acceptance, but to exceed the standards set by his peers and customers. While his work lacks the luster of fashion, it bolsters the durability and reliability of high quality equipment. His techniques are crude, but effective, leaving a hardy final product. 

The Prices

Item Type Col Materials
Tier 1 Good 50 1
Tier 1 Uncommon 100 1
Tier 1 Rare 250 2
Tier 1 Perfect 750 4
Tier 2 Good 50 1
Tier 2 Uncommon 200 2
Tier 2 Rare 750 3
Tier 2 Perfect 1,500 5

Edited by Killia

Material Log:

Spoiler

[SP-F1] <<Earning a Living>> [+21 T1 MATS] [+1 Hand Wraps] [+8 EXP]
7/14/17 <<-2 T1 MATS>> [+2 EXP]
7/20/17 <<-2 T1 MATS>> [+2 EXP]
{F1 Artisan Rank 6 -><- The Painter's Stones -><- Open-Pk accessable-NK <<-7 T1 MATS>> [+1 Refusal]
7/21/17 <<-2 T1 MATS>> [+3 EXP] [+1 Vanity Clothes]
7/24/17 <<-2 T1 MATS>> [+3 EXP] [+1 Vanity Clothes]

Current Totals: <<6>> T1 Materials

EXP Total: 18 EXP

Edited by Killia

Per Teion (GM) & Ariel (GM), this crafting scene is permitted to be recycled on this shop thread due to clarity issues in the <Earning a Living> Quest. Per the record, crafts used to be permitted in that thread. It was verbally decided against at one point, but never clarified or made official in the quest details. It should be correct by the date of this post.

ID# 86575: 5-12-2-5 <+1 Perfect T1 Hand Wraps> <-1 MAT>

I followed his lead toward the merchant district of the city. Aside from the central plaza, this was by far the busiest part. We passed several NPC & player ran businesses before we stopped in front of what looked like a guild hall.

"We're here," Clevis announced.

"It's huge."

"Yup, its where all the players have to go to register their professions and start their own shops. We haven't found the second floor yet, but it looks like you can buy a relocation permit as well." He turned to me and grabbed me by the shoulder. With a shove, I found myself stumbling into grand architecture of the interior. Pillars supported a grandiose ceiling detailed with fine paintings. One depicted the floating castle itself, careening across a field of green, rolling hills.

"Come on, Tailor NPC is over here." Clevis walked past me and through the other players to the far wall. When I caught up, he gestured to the young woman behind the counter. She was gorgeous. Almost too much so.

"Hello! Welcome! What can I do for you today?" she piped.

"Uhh..." was my tactile and professional response. 

"I'm sorry, are you hear about the open position?" Yes, yes I am.

"Uhh..." Damn it...

"Yes, he's looking to become a Tailor. Can you help him out?" Clevis chimed in with a chuckle. "You really are bad with words, aren't you?"

I sighed.

"Excellent!" the girl chimed. "We do have a small requirement though. Think of it like a working interview! I was wondering if you could, by chance, bring us a few pieces of best hide?"

A window appeared in front of me with some details of a quest. At the bottom, the requirement for completion stated three pieces of beast hide. I hit accept.

"Oh, wow! It looks like you already have some!" She announced as though possessing a sixth sense. Another window popped up asking if I wanted to give her the hide. I said yes.

"Awesome! Now that we have the materials, let's see how good you are at crafting!" Oh god...

The girl opened a side door to the counter and ushered me back in. I was hesitant, just as my general nature, but what the heck? I followed her into this small room where several tools and machines laid upon a counter. She approached it and stood to the side.

"Go on~ Let's see what you can do!"

"What am I supposed to--"

"Just walk up to it, the rest should be pretty intuitive," Clevis added. So, I did.

Several windows and options opened up, but my inventory was quite lacking. On the list of materials, all I had were a few monster parts that were greyed out and the three pieces of hide that we got today. I selected those and they appeared on the table, fur still on it.

"Grim..." I commented before another window popped up with preparation options. The rest of the process was similar. After one step finished, another one began. I selected what I thought was the best options and aimed for something I could use. In the list, I noticed something for unarmed combat. So, I tried for those. At last, I came to a window that asked to try and craft the selected item. I hit yes and crossed my fingers.

"Oh my! A perfect item on your first try! What a natural!" The girl chimed out with a bounce and a clap.

Perfect huh?

"What does that mean?" I asked, looking at the completed item window in front of me.

"It means you're not a Tailor," Clevis replied with a smirk.

Name: Martial Discipline

Your Profession: Tailor

Your Rank: Rank 1

ID: 86575

Roll: Natural 12

Item Type: Hand Wraps

Tier: T1

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: (+1 DMG), (+1 DMG), (+1 DMG) = +3 Damage

Description: These are no mere hand wraps. These are rumored to once be the taloned remains of a young monk who trained 30 days and 30 nights without rest to master a blow which would stop the heart in one strike. After succeeding, he fell to the ground, dead from exhaustion. With it, the secret to his technique which people still believe are held within these gloves themselves. 

Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/14992-sp-f1/?do=findComment&comment=520593

Edited by Killia

ID# 86685: 1 - 3 - 13 - 6 <<-1 MAT, FAILURE>> [+1 EXP]
ID# 86684: 6 - 6 - 14 - 1 <<-1 MAT, FAILURE>> [+1 EXP]

Another day passed in the silence of my shop. The jeweler's soft hum of his polishing wheel hardly made it through the thick stone and mortar walls. Despite this game's usage of Inns and housing system, I found it much more practical and comfortable to live here. Granted, the lack of an actual bed and cookware made it a challenge, but I was born for challenges. Today began like any day prior, with a fake sun rising across the ceiling of the first floor. I remember stretching from my pile of animal hides after the warm light washed over my face. Fortunately (or not), my new shop lacked the business of the more veteran establishments. This meant more time to myself but alternately, less Col for food or gear. 

With a heavy exhale, I decided to do something with the day I was given. I sloughed out of "bed" and pulled one of my "blankets" from the pile of hides still warm from my body. Then, I began the slow, lengthy process. Skin, cure, tan, seal, press, cut, stretch, stitch and finish. I stood back to look at my two accomplishments.

"Good lord, what a piece of junk..." and they were. Dilapidated attempts at leather crafting stood dangling off the mannequin by sinew cording and ill cut template.

I pressed my sweat dampened face into the palm of my hand. The memory of my first, perfect craft soaked in my perspiration as my hands slid slack to my side.

"Whatever..."

I left the abominations where they stood and fell back into the bin of animal hide. It was a problem I was quite content to leave for another day.

Edited by Killia