[PP - F01] Healer... Healer... SCOUT << Earning a Living >>

Ruby had spent a little time relaxing on the first floor, she figured while she was here that she would get herself a profession, and without a doubt in her mind does she know the profession that she has in mind... she REALLY wants to be a tailor, she loves clothing and she can't really urge herself to be anything else other than it. However, to even become this profession... she's gonna need materials, and... well, she doesn't really have the skills for that sort of thing. She stood up from the bench she was sitting on and fixed her clothing that she had on to be straight, so no one would get any ideas... not like players don't already have such a thing. And she began to walk forward, she doesn't expect to find anyone quick like she had done yesterday with Kooh, but you never know, this world is full of mysteries and things you just cannot explain. Other than that, she was extremely excited to become a tailor and would do anything to get to that point.

@Itzal @Kasier

Itzal backflipped, his feet landing on the trunk of a tree before launching himself forward, releasing Meteor Strike with extreme speeds on a rather huge boar, reducing the last of it's health down to zero.  He panted a bit and, just as he guessed, it's level was just below loot requirement, reaping him no rewards at all.  Still, the experience was something.  Velnia's electricity died down to nothing and she landed on Itzal's shoulder as he sheathed his sword.  He opened his menu and switched from Niger Natio to his Twilight cloak.  After switching his outfits he stretched and looked at the time before sighing.  "Once I max out the martial arts skill, I'll be able to train on the higher floors.  Until then there's nothing but experience grinding..."  Velnia nodded.  It was boring but she knew how important it was, especially to Itzal.  He looked at Velnia again, this time with a lighter expression, hiding the desire to do nothing but level grind, driven by the fear of Fearx, his old enemy from outside SAO"How about we go get something to eat?  Besides leftovers I mean."  Velnia perked up and got excited swiftly, her tail snapping back and forth.  He chuckled and nodded.  "That's a yes if I ever saw one.  Come on let's get something to eat."

@Ruby @Kasier

(Wait. Where is everyone....)

It was a new day. Early, bright... Basically, the words that could be used to describe the perfect sunrise in every fantasy RPG game. And sometimes, when Kasier feels like it, she tends to find herself instinctively wake up before the sun fully positions itself in the sky. She would take a blanket in her inventory and sleepily climb to the top of a building slowly and make herself comfortable as she enjoyed the scenery that paints itself in the sky behind the steep mountains in the background... a place that she had yet to explore and should probably do so in the nearby future. Itzal was not in his room when she woke up as she had opened his door to check on him only to see an empty bed. (Moving thread has yet to finish) Itzal was either material gathering or grinding early in the morning. He was way too hard working sometimes, but that's his ambition. Kasier smiled, dangling her knees from the top of the building once she has had enough of the scenery before jumping off and stretching her arms and back. "Breakfast time," Kasier said to herself, walking back to the shop to see that Itzal has yet to return.

Soon enough, she found herself alone in a tea shop, taking a sip from a small glass cup of traditional green tea, wondering what sort of adventure will bring itself to her on a grand day such as this one.

@Ruby @Itzal

Edited by Kasier

Ruby had made it to the location where she could meet the NPC to help her out to become a Tailor, she was extremely eager and had twinkles in her eyes as the man had explained to her what she needed to do, it actually was quite simple: find some materials, successfully create something and he'll give her a tool to create future items with. Simple enough, Ruby fully heartily accepted the quest and stepped outside, she knew that she didn't want to do another quest on her own, after the Long Live the Queen and how short that took to complete she had a lot of time in her hands, so she began to look around for someone friendly enough to help her out on the quest, however this is floor 1 so the activity of this floor have been slowly and slowly becoming more and more sparce as of the late so finding another player to help her out seems... a little more challenging this time around.

@Itzal @Kasier

Itzal and Velnia began to discuss what foods they could have, and what they could bring home for Kasier.  Or rather, to the shop as they still had yet to move to the house.  Itzal was in the mood for something from his home country, while Velnia was in the mood for pancakes.  The two went back and forth for a while but then Itzal stopped talking once he noticed that Velnia was no longer with him.  He was beside the town gate and scanned the area before he saw her.  And what he saw annoyed him greatly.  Velnia had flown away from Itzal upon catching sight of a player's long and seemingly soft and silky hair.  She flew up behind the player and flew into her hair from behind, making her way through until she reached the top, her head popping out with a cute little smile on top.  "Velnia!"  She turned her head around to look at Itzal and saw his hand on his forehead, shaking his head in the progress.  He gestured for her to get off and after rolling her eyes she leaped out of the hair, licked the player's cheek, and flew over to Itzal, who grabbed her with both hands and held her in front of her.  She gave a childish grin before he sighed, shook his head, and put her down.  "Sorry about that miss, Velnia is the definition of unpredictable."

@Ruby

"Alright, that was nice. Thanks for the tea." Kasier smiled, signaling that the waitress to come and clean up so she can pay off what she ordered and head off on her way. The waitress came to her immediately and the transaction screen popped up soon after. After paying, she smiled once more for the kind waitress and stood up from her comfortable seat. 

"Thanks for choosing us!"  were the words that she heard as she exited the shop and into the sunlight of the first floor. Like usual, the first floor was already extremely populated with all sorts of people ranging from players getting ready for a long day of grinding or shopkeepers opening up their shops for players to come and negotiate for deals. It was as lively as ever like it has been since the beginning of the game. The first floor was the most populated floor in Aincrad after all, filled with players too used to the feeling of safety to leave the first floor and venture out on different floors.

She had been one of those players before, but she is different now. She has managed to go on lots of different floors of various difficulties and managed to survive to today. Kasier looked at her friend's list to see that Itzal was on this floor as well. "Might as well go say hi." Kasier shrugged, walking over slowly.

@Ruby

Life had been going as usual as she had been looking around trying to find someone to go one the quest along with her or at least try to help her out in completing the task that was at hand. Then out of no where a dragon familiar had gotten onto her hair, now typically a person would be angered upon this however she had looked up and saw that it meant practically no harm towards her... and the poor little guy or girl looks kinda cute. Ruby had moved her hands to the dragon as she had held it off her head and in front of her was a player being followed by a female player. Ruby had shook her head as she had exclaimed out with a smile "No no, its okay. This little girl or guy is actually pretty cute. Here's your dragon back." she moved the dragon forward towards the player and said to him "My name's Ruby. I am just looking for someone to help me out with the Earning a Living Quest, i'm looking to be a tailor. And I assume the girl following you is your friend?" she said giving the female character a smile recognizing that she is there.

@Itzal @Kasier

Relieved that the player was not upset about Velnia at all, he relaxed a little bit and took Velnia, the purple dragon seeming to cry 'nuuuuu' with her eyes.  He placed the dragon on his shoulder and she adjusted fairly quickly, becoming cheerful again.  He grinned himself.  "Her name is Velnia."  She closed her eyes and growled in a cute manner, tilting her head slightly for full cuteness effect.  Itzal chuckled and listened to the player.  He nodded and offered his hand.  "Nice to meet you Ruby!  My name's Itzal, and I'd love to help you out."  Then she had asked about the girl behind him...  Girl behind him.  "Eh?"  He turned around and saw Kasier walking up to him and his face lit up.  "Hey!  Good morning Kasier!"  Even though they saw each other fairly often, Itzal was always waiting for the next time they would meet again.  It's not that he was planning to spend every waking moment with her.  Sin made that impossible if they wanted a stable marriage.  Each would need space and time to themselves on occasion, and this game made that possible.  Regardless of this however, he would treasure every moment as a memory he would never forget.  "Uh, Ruby this is Kasier, Kasier this is Ruby.  Ruby is planning to clear out the earning a living quest and she wanted to know if we could help her out."  He turned his attention back to Ruby.  "The first thing I did in this game was max out my scouting abilities so I can help you get as many materials you need."

@Kasier

As Kasier walked up behind Itzal, she was immediately spotted by the blonde player who was talking to him. Her features were awfully similar to hers - the same blaring red eyes and the same blonde hair made the two players almost identical. However, at least from what Kasier could tell, the woman was definitely older than she is due to the face of experience that she beholds. It is just like Kasier to formulate a first impression on every new person that she sees, and usually, her impressions are awfully incorrect. It does not matter, though, as first impressions are not something that can be controlled because it just comes as natural. It's automatic... Kind of like breathing. 

"Yeah, I guess you can say we are quite close friends," Kasier smiled, looking at Itzal in amusement at the understatement of that sentence. It is humorous, in her opinion to twerk the truth a little bit to which it's not entirely the truth and not entirely a lie. The most amusing part comes when the players find out the truth entirely for themselves. She thinks it is fun, and there is no harm in doing so as it is not a lie, either. 

"Hey! Good morning Kasier!" Itzal greeted, the same voice that she has heard for a couple of days now. Lately, she has been spending a lot of time with Itzal, not that she minds it or anything. She just hopes that he won't get tired of hanging out with her all the time. Eventually, though, Kasier is going to have to head out into the world and make some new friends so she doesn't have to bother Itzal all the time. He has his things to do, and as a much lower-leveled player, Kaseir knows that sometimes, she just gets in the way. 

"Morning, Itzal,"  Kasier responded quickly. Next, Itzal personally introduced Kasier to Ruby and the other way around. Still, she feels the obligation to introduce herself by herself, so she held out her right hand for a handshake. Well, time to end the socially awkward past that I've lived for the past few months. She thought. "Kasier. Nice to meet you. And I don't mind helping as long as I'm welcomed to do so."

@Ruby

Edited by Kasier

"Velnia huh? Interesting name, then again its not everyday you find someone with a dragon familiar." she thought to herself as she offered Itzal a smile, then Itzal had introduced this female character to be Kasier and then she had introduced herself as if her name wasn't already said. She gave Kasier a smile and said "Ruby. And of course you are allowed to come with, the more the merrier." she chuckled. She then looked back at Itzal and said to him "My my, then you must have a quite impressive build. It's not everyday a master scout comes before my presence." she giggled "Well thank you Itzal. However, I am interested into being a tailor, however... that more so because outside this game I love clothing... however with my current build and plans I want to lean more towards a Alchemist. I have already spoken to a Tailor... but now I am feeling more towards Alchemy, however I cannot come up with a solution. Got any ideas?" she had asked him, she was in a mental dilemma between the two.

@Itzal

Itzal worked hard to keep a blush from forming upon Kasier's comment but he kept it down.  He was not ashamed to be engaged to Kasier, far from it.  The way she said it however, in front of a complete stranger, and the way she looked at him, erm.  He wondered if Ruby would catch the hint or not.  And turns out she didn't.  Kasier asked if she could join the two and he smiled.  Kasier tended to make things far more comfortable for Itzal, and made conversations easier on his part as well.  What the effect was on others he didn't know.  He hadn't heard what others thought of Kasier lately.  If that was a good or bad thing he wasn't sure.  Ruby joked about his build and he chuckled nervously and shook his head sincerely.  "No not really.  I haven't been able to help in most areas in the sense of getting us out of the game, or most useful areas.  For the most part I try to gather materials for players and do what I can in the front lines.  Unfortunately my serious lack of damage has kept me from helping them much."  Then she told him how she wanted to be either a tailor or an alchemist, how she wanted to be a tailor due to her love of clothes and fashion, but how she was now feeling towards alchemy.  He shrugged.  "I guess it would depend on whether you want.  Alchemists would be the more useful since consumables tend to run out rather....  Fast.  Not only that but you'd be able to make your own potions rather than running to the nearest alchemist for such items.  However no one's stopping or making fun of you for chasing after what you enjoy.  I'm a performer even though it doesn't grant the best of items.  Mainly because I enjoy music so much."

@Ruby @Kasier

Edited by Itzal

"Alchemist, the stereotypical profession of the support. Always making potions in case first aid fails to work. Zandra, the best support in the game at the moment, is currently an alchemist and she isn't the only one. Unless you are going for a support role, it's going to be hard to make use of the alchemist profession. Tailor, on the other hand, I do not have enough knowledge about to provide any useful advice." Kasier looked away from Itzal once he had finished with what he had to say. "Honestly, just do what you think you'll enjoy the most. This game is going to last quite a while and there's no point of doing something that you do not enjoy for that long of a time. I used to run my own restaurant but then I got tired of it and now I just cook privately or on an odd occasion." Kasier smiled. This is basically living... Not a video game anymore. This is... Life, at the complete meaning of that word. There is no denying the situation that the players are in - the positions that they have been placed in since the beginning of the game, itself. The thing is... They were only twenty some levels in. The chances that any one of the three players can die during that time must be considered even though she does not wish to imagine seeing anyone die. It happens, though. Kasier looked at the blonde woman, wondering how high-leveled she was. This quest was usually completed by low-leveled players seeking to complete a quest that did not require a lot of fighting so they can get materials and skill points early on. Because of that, a lot of them don't really consider what they want to do. And I was one of them.

@Ruby @Itzal

Ruby had looked back and forth to both Itzal and Kasier talking to her pretty much giving her the run-down of what she needs to do, she looked to Kasier who had pretty much explained it to be a support profession and how there isn't many to have the profession and she could just go for what she enjoys the most, but she had told her "Well, its a good thing that I am a support character wouldn't you think? However I enjoy creating clothing in the real world... matter of fact, I was hired by a clothing company in Japan. But... it doesn't look like I am gonna have that job by the end of this game." she had rubbed the back of her head chuckling, she had looked back to Itzal and said to him "I am more than likely just gonna go for Alchemy. Even though I had already talked to a Tailor, ill just stick to my support role. I would appreciate it if you could help me get some materials." she said as she had began to offer for them to follow up behind, once she had arrived to a spot she had tried to find some form of materials however... there was no such luck.

@Itzal

-----

ID: 86984 - LD: 14

Itzal smiled as Kasier corrected him in the area of the alchemist profession, and how it was really overstocked than Itzal made it out to be.  He tried to contain knowledge on everything, but he really couldn't keep up with every area.  The fact that Kasier had covered that base made him happy.  Most people would be pissed at something like this, but Itzal knew that everyone had a weakness.  He acknowledged his, and was very welcome to others pointing out his mistakes as well as covering his back.  He nodded when she concluded.  "She's right.  She usually is actually.  So we'll be getting another fellow alchemist then eh?  Sweet.  Yeah I don't mind helping you get materials."  Itzal scanned the area for anything that might be used for alchemy, which usually was nearly anything.  Itzal spotted a few unique flowers and walked over to them.  They looked like the dragon tongue flowers from Skyrim to be honest.  He smiled.  He always loved those flowers, for potions and otherwise.  He picked them and sent three of them to Ruby.

ID#  87325  LD:  14+8  +4 MAT  Itzal:  1  Ruby:  3

@Kasier

Edited by Itzal

(That +8 LD OP... Me on the other hand...)

ID: 87340
LD: 5

Kasier looked around for any materials that she can pick up and send to Ruby. Unlike Itzal though, Kasier's material searching abilities were no where near the point in which she can simply look on the ground and claim a material as soon as she laid her eyes on something. She doesn't know how Itzal does it and how the stats let him but he simply bends down, pick up a few materials in a second and bam... Materials for days. Kasier sighed, as a healer, she could barely search for materials or deal damage. The only time that she can be of worth is as a tank that protects people and heals as well when the targets behind her gets hit with an AoE and most of the time, that doesn't even happen if she's truly honest with herself. This time, just like she expected, she had failed to see any materials on the ground that she can pick up and claim.

Itzal: 1 | Ruby: 3 | Kasier: 0

Edited by Kasier
  • 2 weeks later...

Ruby had nodded her head "Yeah, I truly think being a Alchemist would match my role in the game, even if I love designing clothing, I think the market for them are pretty low at the moment. So yeah, potions it is." then they had gotten out to try to find some materials, while Kasier didn't really find anything, Itzal had found some and tossed quite a bit toward's Ruby's direction "Why than you Itzal, I appreciate it." she had said out to him with a smile. Then it was her turn to try to find some of these damn materials, originally she hated trying to find these things... they always seemed to be impossible to find in all honesty. However this time around, she had managed to find a material that she could use... sure it was Tier 1, however she wont be able to make anything above Tier 1 to begin with.

-----

ID: 87743 - LD: 14+5=19

Itzal: 1 | Ruby: 4 | Kasier: 0

@Itzal

Itzal watched as Kasier was failing to find materials, and heard Ruby agree with Kasier, how it matched what she had planned for herself and thus she would take it.  After that she thanked him for the materials and continued to look.  Itzal could feel the silence coming on, and while he was used to silence and could easily work in it, he wasn't sure about the others.  He scanned the area for any more materials he could find, his skill increasing the sight of his eyes, as well as his other senses and awareness.  He had become used to it, but he knew that most everyone else didn't have senses like this.  He didn't spot anything at all.  Of course, even with enhanced senses, he knew he couldn't find materials every time.  Without a demonic that aided him in that area at least.  He noticed that demonics typically ended up in the hands of players who were either untrustworthy, or players who would never use them again but held onto them for collection purposes.

ID#  87959  LD:  5+8  @Kasier

Edited by Itzal

ID: 88026
LD: 19

Kasier noticed the silence as well. There doesn't appear to be much to talk about so she simply decided that it would be wise for her to just stay quiet and search for a material. Hence, she simply walked around the first floor wilderness, absorbing the fresh air and enjoying the chill of the wind that occasionally passed by her. Soon, she noticed two birds flying across the sky that seemed awfully relaxed in such a death game. If only the players could be as free as those birds, happiness might actually be a common emotion in this game. However, since this was a community filled with toxic gamers, it was just not possible for such a peaceful possibility to exist. It is truly a shame, but so much toxicity and competition exist in this game to the point that the players are not putting beating this game as the highest priority. Instead, they want fame and riches as their only inspiration. Soon, Kasier found a material randomly and looked for Ruby before giving the material to the blonde woman.

1 Material given to Ruby

@Ruby

Edited by Kasier
  • 4 weeks later...

[Due to issues with Itzal with IRL stuff, I will finish this solo, thanks for the help! You'll get 1 SP for posting for me. Thanks a lot.]

With 5 materials, she had figured that this much was going to be enough to push herself to become the Alchemist. With a smile, Ruby had bowed before Itzal and Kasier and said to the both of them "It was quite the pleasure Itzal and Kasier, but I think I have enough materials to finish up the job. Thank you so much." then she had lifted herself up back from the bow and waved and did a turn "I'll catch you all around~" she said in a cute voice before heading off into the direction of the town of beginnings. Now began the process of finding the damned building again, it was already quite a pain to find to begin with, however... with some time she knows that she can find it... eeeeventually. She had let out a sigh and began to look around, and ask many people for the location this place could be.

Eventually she had found herself at the alchemist store, and a old man had approached her, she had looked at him and bowed before him showing a bag in the palms of her two hands and said out to him "I have brought a couple of materials, good sir may you please teach me how to be an alchemist?" then the old man had given a loud chuckle and said to Ruby "Why yes! But you don't have to beg for it basically. Follow me missy." he said as he walked out and opened a door signalling her to follow. Ruby nodded her head, and done so, now in a typical situation she would never follow a man into a place she doesn't know... however this was an NPC it was more than likely possible that they wouldn't do anything bad to Ruby... at least she hoped so.