[PP - F06] Who's This Jomei Guy? << Deforestation >>

Another day... another quest it had seemed, there was a lot of things on Ruby's agenda recently especially when it comes to getting some SP. She opened her menu's and saw her skills, which were solid... however, Ruby has literally no equipment, just vanity stuff. She sighed, she really needed to get some Col too... but gaining col is really hard for her to do, but regardless she just needs to push forward and work hard to get towards that goal. However for now, she wanted to find or meet up with someone to get a quest done... the one she had in mind today was "Deforestation". She doesn't doubt that she couldn't do it alone, but without a single item all the hits from the boss would certainly hurt quite a bit. She had made her way to a bar and noticed a couple of players that were inside, and pretty much she had to play the game of who would look trustworthy and or is cute enough to party with. So needless to say she stood there for a moment.

@Jomei

A soft melody drifted in the air in the corner of where the ginger sat, a wooden lute strung across his chest as he plucked at the strings. From what it seemed, many of the players in the area simply thought it was the ambient music accompanying the bar, however there were one or two that took notice to Jomei's musical talents and sat there, drinking with friends, with a smile on their faces. It had been a long time since he gone back to his musical skills, but it was not long before he had gotten the hang of the strings once more. Perched on the back of Jomei's chair, eyeing his fingers as he pressed into the instruments neck to create chords was his small brown owl familiar. She had remained silent, and avoidable to those not paying attention. To Jomei's dismay, however, one person had taken notice, the one person who it mattered to this establishment. 

"Hey! We don't sere their kind here." the NPC bartender called out to the ginger. 

With a chuckle, he replied, "You're only noticing her now? She isn't causing any harm." 

"They still aren't allowed!" he called out again, this time, the drink on the table in front of Jomei vanishing into pixels.

With a sigh, the Irishman stood up, his lute disappearing in a similar manner back into his inventory. "Then I suppose I'll be leaving then. Sorry to make such a sceneHe said sarcastically as he walked past the bar, sliding past a blonde woman who stood there, seemingly deep in thought. The man smirked at the girl as he walked by, putting his hands into his pockets as he walked out the open door and stood there for a moment, enjoying the breeze. "First time that's ever happened, sorry Adere." Jomei said, scratching the owl on the chin. "Guess thats why we never really go to the pubs up here, huh."

Ruby thought and looked around, there was a good amount of players here and a player had snuck past her and took a seat with a owl familiar, then she had jumped a little bit in surprise to hear that the Bartender was being rude towards the player due to the owl being inside the bar, "Why is it against the rules to have a familiar here? It's causing literally no harm whatsoever..." she then saw that the same player later had gotten up after the bartender pretty much forced him to leave, Ruby looked down for just a moment, he did seem like quite the player if he had a familiar or at least he had gotten 18 SP in his time... she doesn't know what his level was... but at least she could try to make him feel a little better about the situation. "E-excuse me!" she had said out following the player outside the door, eventually she had seen him enjoy the breeze and scratch his owl on the chin "That bartender is quite the dick wasn't he? Your familiar was causing no harm. And.. well, I just wanted to ask if you could help me out or if you wanted to just talk for a bit." she said, she didn't really know how to approach the man, but she hopes that this was good enough.

@Jomei

Jomei turned around when he heard the voice of a woman talking to him. Brows slightly raised, he looked at the blonde he had seen inside of the bar. She made a remark on how the bartender had treated him because of his owl, and then asked if he would like to accompany her on a quest or conversation. Jomei smiled, "Eh, its fine. Maybe they have some sort of animal problem, being in a dense jungle and all." He shrugged, "Or maybe its just the games way of seeming a little bit more realistic in some places, who knows." he chuckled. "Not like there aren't plenty of other places where I know they will like Adere here in." His mind snapped from the bar conversation back to the girl's latter comment. "A quest huh? It's honestly been awhile since I've gone and done any questing. I'm sure I could definitely use it." he said, scratching the nape of his neck. Keeping to himself for the past few months, Jomei really had not seen much action at all, let alone even other people. Though he felt it was time to cut out his depression, and get back into the fray. He looked back to the blonde and smiled, "Sure, I'd be happy to accompany you Miss...." Jomei stopped his sentence short, hoping to get her name.

@Ruby

Edited by Jomei

Jomei had explained how majority of the pubs here don't allow familiars to enter with a familiar due to the jungle environment... which had made sense in a way, but he had gone on and mentioned that he could go on for a quest, which was a good thing... at least for Ruby. Ruby was almost kind of shocked, this man was nicer than his actual appearance had lead on to be... he first looked intimidating, now he seems really nice. She then snapped back to reality when he had said Miss... hoping for a name "Oh I am so sorry... my name is Ruby its a pleasure to meet youuu..." she then said hoping for a name. She giggled "Anyways, I am wanting to take on the Deforestation Boss, however I was wanting to find someone to help me fight the boss since... I have like... no equipment." she said ashamed of herself quietly. She was level 40 for crying out loud and the fact that right now she had no items and she doesn't know why is kind of ridiculous and dangerous for her to do.

@Jomei

Jomei smiled and gently bowed his head, "Ruby, pleasure to meet you. I'm Jomei." he placed his hand on his chest as he said his own name. Ruby went on to describe the quest that she wanted to partake in, and how she needed the assistance because she had no equipment. Jomei's eyes widened a bit in shock, "Y-you have no equipment at all?" He did not wish to mock her, he was merely worried for her safety. The ginger crossed his arms and smirked, "Don't worry, I'll make sure that boss doesn't lay a finger on you." 

Lifting his hand into the air, Jomei opened his HUD and tapped on a few buttons, inviting Ruby to a party. "Lead the way then, maybe once this quest is over, we could get you somethig other than the beginner items."

The man had introduced him to be Jomei, what a nice name... and eventually he too was shocked to the fact that had no equipment, Ruby had looked down depressed and embarrassed by this fact she had looked back up to Jomei to say before looking away again "Yeah... it's a rather long story I don't really want to go into detail..." but then he had offered to help her through the entire quest and even offered that he could get her something other than just a beginner item. She had looked at Jomei with a comforting smile as she was feeling a tad bit better about today and said "I would really appreciate it... I am just mostly looking for something to raise my Martial Art damage. Hand wraps or something, I dunno..." she then had walked a bit forward before looking back to Jomei "So you coming? The boss isn't waiting all day for us ya'know." she giggled with a wink before turning back to walk forward towards the quest area where the boss lies.

@Jomei

"No need to explain." Jomei said with a chuckle, "Im sure you have your reasons." Seemed as though there was an actual reason behind Ruby not having any higher leveled equipment yet. Jomei had assumed it was merely because she was still of a lower level and had not needed it yet. Though if she was taking on quests on the sixth floor, she must be much stronger than she looked. Jomei placed his hand on his chin and smirked, this was going to be an interesting day. "So, another martial artist." Jomei followed after Ruby, speeding his walk at first so he would walk aside her out of the town and in the direction of the boss. "I tried my hand at the Martial Arts skill, just to have it as a back up. Though I found that, after time, there was no point in it anymore. Especially since I had maxed out my skill level with the Rapier." Jomei crossed his arms at his chest, "Though, one blue haired friend of mine likes to rely on it a lot, despite the fact he could do much more damage with a sword. He also likes to switch up his class every so often. Then another friend of mine I believe has it Grand Mastered as well. He, on the other hand, puts all of his focus into it, much like you." 

• 3 weeks later...

"I mean, I don't put my whole focus into Martial Arts. I put my full focus on my Support Build though. I only got Martial Arts and its Skill Mod so I can be able to defend myself since most healers cant to be honest." she had said, then she had let out a chuckle when he had talked about his friends with the Rapier skill, she had placed a hand on her chest and one on her hip "My my... you must be super popular Jomei, are you quite the ladies man yourself too?" she had said just to mess around with him a little bit, she doesn't imagine that he might be, however he is on the attractive side. "Anyways, lets head on out Jomei. We have a boss to kill and SP to gain." she had said as she had walked towards the direction of the boss, it was going to be an interesting fight, at least in her own mind. As they had made it to the location, she had looked back to Jomei, she wanted to see what he was made of.

@Jomei

-----

Ruby - HP: 840/840 - EN: 84/84

Jomei - HP: ???/??? - EN: ??/??

Byakko - HP: 150/150 - MIT: 40

Jomei nodded in agreement, "Yeah. Thats smart. It'll be nice to have another healer out there who isn't afraid to get in the fight and kick some ass." he said with a tooth-bearing smirk. In regards to Jomei's comment about two of his friends with the Martial Arts skill, Ruby spoke to him in a mocking tone, calling him Mr Popular, even asking if he was good with the ladies. Jomei looked down at the ground in front of him, an uncertain look on his face as he rubbed the nape of his neck. "H-Hey now.. not really" his cheeks looked a little pink as he said so. There were some times when he had that luck, but recently, he did not. Changing the subject to hitting the road, Jomei cleared his throat and agreed. "Yeah, its been awhile since I've taken out a field boss. So I'm ready for this." 

As they approached the boss site, a large tiger like creature rose up from its slumber. Its inside seemed to ignite in a furious flame as it stared at the two players with fiery eyes, a burning halo emitting from the spikes on its back. Jomei looked at the beast, at then at Ruby, who was giving him a look, waiting for him to act. Seemed like Jomei was heading up to bat first. Reaching across his body, Jomei wrapped his fingers around the red handle of his rapier. He took in a deep breath through his nostrils before ripping the blade from its scabbard and holding it vertically in front of his face. As he exhaled, he span the blade and held it down at an angle, before raising it again, the tip pointing towards the hulking creature. Jomei dug his back boot into the dirt before activating his <Charge> skill, which he had recently upgraded. In a flash of light, Jomei took off, already moving at full speed towards Byakko. The creature let out a rumbling roar, fire pouring from the corners of its mouth as it did so. Approaching the beast, Jomei used a downed tree as a spring board, launching himself, shoulder first, into the chest of the beast. With the help of his charge skill, he knocked the beast back onto its hind legs. Before Jomei his the ground, he turned his hips to rotate himself, slicing the tiger and using his Over Radiation skill. The ginger unleashed a fury of swift cuts and stabs before landing on the ground once again. "Alright sw-"  Jomei began to call out to Ruby, before he saw Byakko fall into the ground and burst into fragment. "..O-Oh.."

ID:87755
BD: 5(+4) Over Radiation + Charge (Lv. 4) 13 (+4 charge) x 14 = 238 (-40) = 198 dmg
MD: 5 (-4) miss

Ruby - HP: 840/840 - EN: 84/84

Jomei - HP: 986/986 - EN: 98/98

Byakko - HP: 0/150 - MIT: 40

• 1 month later...

Ruby had watched as the massive boss had awoken from its slumber and roar out to the two as it was ready to strike against them, however Jomei had spent no time attacking the boss and with a single attack... he had killed it. She had looked back to Jomei with a smirk as she had placed her hands on her hip and moved her body towards Jomei and said out to him "So... Jomei, I thought you said that you weren't? With that kind of power its no doubt you could get some cute girls on your ass. However, no I am not interested in you. I just like to poke around is all." she had giggled. She had looked around and given a sigh "Even though... you more than likely would have done all the work, I don't have any form of items to my name at the given moment, so I appreciate your immediate kill on the boss." she bowed before him. Picking herself back up she had looked at Jomei once more and asked him "Is there anything you are wanting to do at the moment?"

@Jomei

Olive eyes blinked a few times. With the way the boss looked, he expected it to have the power of something much stronger.. Especially being discovered this late after the game's release. However, it seemed as though it was only about as strong as one of the old field bosses. Shrugging his shoulders, the man slid his rapier back into its scabbard on his hip, letting out a slight sigh. The man turned his head to look over at Ruby, who had a wide smirk on her face as he approached Jomei, hands on her hips.

"So... Jomei, I thought you said that you weren't? With that kind of power its no doubt you could get some cute girls on your ass. However, no I am not interested in you. I just like to poke around is all."

The man closed his eyes and smirked at Ruby's comment. She must expect that there were players much more powerful than him, one's that are still on the front lines and haven't taken a break. He chuckled lightly to himself when Ruby admitted that she was not intending on making a move on the ginger. Sigh.. of course not. He thought to himself. With the luck I've been having, why even hope a cute girl like her would be.

Jomei then stepped over to meet Ruby, "Well like I said.. I haven't been too lucky in the field. All the girl's I showed interest in either turned into a total bitch, hid away so they wouldn't die.. or died." With a low bow, thanked Jomei for taking out the boss as swiftly as he had, for she did not have any items on her to be able to defend herself. "Maybe you should work on getting some armor? Or Something to bolster your attack for Martial arts?" He crossed his arms, and looked at the woman with a cocked brow. "I do have to admit, I find it strange that someone like you.. who seems to be a much higher level.. does not have any armor or weapons to their name.."

She had noticed that he had closed his eyes just for a moment to let out a chuckle... she then thought that if she had offended him at all? She shrugged it off though, she didn't want to ponder on it too much. She had chuckled as he had spoke out about females and she had responded to him saying "I get what you are saying, heck all the girls I tried getting with seemed to be the same thing. That and I never really gave an attempt after the first few months of the death games, man... some people are just so focused on getting out as fast as they can. Little did they know how long it would actually take." she shrugged then gave his next comment some thought... she wasn't too sure on which to get... to be more defensive with some armor or to enhance her Martial Arts capabilities... she didn't really know which to do at the moment. After a moment she had said out "Mmmaybe I should increase my offense a little bit. I am a full time Healer then a damage dealer second, might as well be able to deal good damage once that comes around." She had then sighed and looked to Jomei "It's a bit of a story... could I just keep it to myself for now?" she asked with a little bit of sadness.

@Jomei

Jomei looked at Ruby as she spoke about her own experiences with girls, rubbing the nape of his neck and chuckling. "Guess that makes a lot more sense now." he said, his chuckle turning into more of a laugh. He had then changed the topic away from their unlucky love lives to a matter a bit more important; gear for Ruby. Even though she was a martial artist, she did not have any sort of modification to up her damage output. On top of that, she had no armor either. He looked at the girl for a minute as if he could see her stats floating above her, which he could not. "We all want to be heavy damage dealers.. that is true.." The man brought one of his hands up to his chin as he spoke. "However, what happens when the enemy finally does land a hit on you. You have no armor to minimize those large numbers." That was not the only thing that would keep Ruby from getting into any trouble if she were attacked, but in the case she did get hit, armor was always handy. Even Jomei with his high speed and evasion skills needed to depend on armor for whenever the mobs got lucky. "But, I guess if you are a healer, like you said, anyone else in your party will make sure that the monsters are not up your ass."

"Anyways, lets get out of this forest and head back to the town, before the field boss decides to respawn and surprise us"

@Ruby

She had stood there confused for a moment, she didn't really fully understand what he had meant about that makes a lot more sense. She had blinked a couple of times and said out to him "Makes what make more sense?" she then shrugged it off hoping for an answer. She had thought about his statements and then come up with a reply back to him, while it was true that she couldn't protect herself against those sort of numbers... however, majority of the time she shouldn't take any form of damage because of Tanks. "Well Jomei, I would assume that is true, however with Tanks existing I don't exactly have to worry about taking damage. Plus I am one of those kinds of gals to attack when its low so the battle can get the battle done and over with, so I don't think having mitigation is at the top of my worries." she said with a smirk before saying out to him "Lead the way." giving him a charming smile before following up behind him.

@Jomei

Jomei thought he had offended Ruby for a minute with mentioning things had made sense. Olive eyes went wide as he put his hands up in front of him sheepishly, and apologetic. "W-What I meant was, you were talking about girls you liked.. And I thought you were just continuing the joke. It made sense that you were serious and that you actually feel that way." he quickly tried to correct himself, going on sounding like a babbling idiot. The man then cleared his throat, and quickly moved on to the other topic of conversation

Ruby believed that armor would not come in handy if, as he said, the other players kept the monsters off of Ruby. Especially if her focus was her First Aid skills. Jomei nodded in understanding, "That does make sense." he chuckled, " I guess I'm just used to seeing the medic armored to the teeth with a huge weapon like my ex fiance." He scratched at his temple, "Then again.. she put first aid second, and was more of a tank I suppose.." Jomei quickly dropped the topic about Zandra and continued on, "Maybe if you put some skills into a little bit of Evasion then.. God forbid something does come after you." Jomei smirked, "Trust me. With enough speed and evasive skills, you wouldn't even need armor."

The Irish swordsman took the lead in making their return to the Safe Zone where they came from, he turned his head to look at Ruby. "So, once you get the stats you're aiming for.. are you looking to join the front lines?"

@Ruby

Ruby had chuckled after Jomei's statement "Nah, I probably should have been more clear on my sexuality. I am sorry, its my fault. I didn't mean for it to be a downgrade on you, you look absolutely stunning... however I am just homosexual is all." she bowed and lifted herself back up saying "I'm sorry!". She had then listened to Jomei speak out more about the armor and then spoke out saying that Evasion is probably extremely important to have just in case, she had chuckled and said "It's all part of the plan Jomei, I had it kind of planned out just a tad. I just need some stuff is all. Damn the situation I am in." she growled before following up behind Jomei. Then as they had gotten out of the bosses range and then after a moment of thinking Jomei had broke the silence asking if she was interested in joining the front lines, she smiled and nodded her head "Yeah! We all have the same goal, figured the front lines needs as many people it can get."

@Jomei

Ruby went on to apologize for not being clear about being attracted to women over men, and for thinking she possibly offended him. Jomei shook his head before crossing his arms, "Oh come on. Don't get all sappy and sorry on me now" taking his own playful jab at the girl, after her own teasing attitude. "Your sexuality is something that you should not be sorry for.. Not your fault that you are attractive. " he said with a grin. She went on to tell Jomei that she, of course, had a plan for her build. Being the situation that she was in, it was just a little tough to get there faster than expected. Jomei nodded in understanding. "Well, like I told you earlier. I'd be more than happy to help you out to get those things. And with the two of us hitting a few quests here and there, we could probably get you leveling up faster and taking on more of the skills you want." 

After asking if she would be interesting in moving to the front lines, she answered Jomei with determination. The ginger smiled, "Good. They could use more healers like you." As the walked, he took a moment to think to himself. "And I think I'll be heading back there soon too."

@Ruby

Ruby had chuckled, she knew that in the eyes of many that she would be attractive, sometimes more that she would feel comfortable with. "I'm not that attractive, I would say I am more flirty than anything really." she had said with a smile. As time had passes Jomei had continue to confirm to her that he was willing to help her get some equipment she had bowed once more and said "And I really appreciate it Jomei, I am sorry that I can't or don't really want to say how I don't have any equipment let alone Col or Materials to ge thte equipment. It's just... devastating is all." she had said with a bit of sadness in the tone of her voice. As they had walked out she had thought about Jomei's words once again... they need Healers like Ruby, typically she never would of thought she would have been THIS important but she had assumed anything could really happen in her lifetime, let alone actually being able to get here. She had looked at Jomei and said "So... are you not scared at all? Not even in the slightest?"

@Jomei

Jomei looked at Ruby once more, knowing that her remark on her looks was definitely false. Though he did not push any more on the subject. However, she did comment that she was 'flirty more than anything,' to which Jomei chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, you could say that." After offering to help Ruby with obtaining better gear to help suit her build, as well as skills to do the same, she apologized for yet not revealing to the man just why she did not have any sort of gear. Jomei shook his head. "It's alright." the ginger said to reassure Ruby, "We all have stories we don't want to share. Especially ones we've gone through these past few years." Jomei definitely had his own list of untold tales. A long list.

After speaking of the front lines to Ruby and if she would participate, there was a bit of a long silence before she spoke up. The blonde woman asked if he was scared of the front lines in any way. Jomei kept his eyes forward, with a stoic expression on his face. ".. I've already witnessed a lot of the horrors the front lines throw at a player. Death..betrayal.. hopelessness. The only thing I have not seen yet.. is my own death." He thought for a moment before finishing his though, "There was a time I was afraid. Afraid to leave the walls of the Town of Beginnings.. afraid to join the front lines. But.. Not anymore." His sad expression turned into a smirk, "I know I'm ready to go back.. And if the next boss doesn't think I'm ready.. well then.."