F5(PP) Practice for the raid! (Blood in the sands)

Spoiler
Requirement: 
<<Sand Shark>> must be defeated, Maximum Party Size of 3
At least two [2] Pages  (21 or more posts)

Rewards: 
  1. [sand Armor Potion] This incredibly potent alchemical salve can be applied to a piece of armor, increasing damage mitigation/resistance by one point for one battle. (MIT +27)
  2. [3 Skill Points]

<<Sand Shark>> is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 125
Damage per Attack: 50

• Parties or Groups of low level players are encouraged.
  • You are free to control Sand Shark yourself, however he must be Rp'd responsibly.

Note:

While you may repeat this Quest as many times as you like, the 3 Skill Point reward will only be obtained on the first completion of the Quest. Repeat completions will only yield <<The Sand Armor>>

Sky yawned, looking over the great deasert of the fifth floor, seeing a lot of sand. He looked around, and saw more sand, and as he looked around, he just saw more, and more sand........... This floor was boring. He sighed, before opening his quest list. He had picked up a quest for some hunt, killing something known as a Sand Shark!!! He had zero idea how strong it was, but it sounded fun, so why not? He had just picked up rank four martial arts, and was now confident in his abilities to survive a fight. But.... He felt like bringing someone else along.

@Eatos you free? If so meet me on the fifth floor on the wall at the gate. Gonna do some training for a guild raid, thought it would be good for you to join in and get some combat experience!

After sending the message to Eatos he started stretching, mainly for his own psycholigcal effect but he liked the feeling of it, just preparing for some fun!

Floor 5. Eatos wouldn't even be nice about it, she loathed the very existed of this floor. Sand and hot weather, it was like she was standing in a version of hell designed just to torment her. There was so much of her that wanted to tell Stryder she was busy and not go to that damnable floor, but, there was a guild raid coming up and she...well, she had no idea what she was doing in it. Her abilities made her a 'backliner', with self and team healing, and a weapon that created a long time damage, Gae Buide. 

The Blacksmith found Stryder, and even he could tell she hated this floor with a burning passion. So ensuring her equipment was on and she had all she needed, she walked up to him. "Heya Stryder..." She said as she noticed he STILL lacked the blade she made for him, a fact that did bother her more than she'd be honestly proud to admit "So what's this practise, a-and did you have to pick the floor of satan's backyard...?"

He couldn't help but hate this floor..... the sun was hot, even though he couldn't feel it, it was jut the phantom feeling... He missed the sun, he missed the real world.. But every day in this virtual place just made him miss it less, this was his home now, and he didn't mind it. He was actually growing to like it! His train of thought was broken when he heard Eatos coming around behind him, and, jumping down from the wall, he went up to her. He could tell just how much she HATED this floor, obviously liking the cold of floor four for a a reason, and he understood why also. 

"Well, were gonna go on a hunt. Were going to go kill something called a 'Sand Shark', we should get a protection potion for killing it which should help with a raid" He said, smiling as he looked towards her. He noticed she had yet another weapon he hadn't seen in awhile, which meant she had been crafting a lot He had no idea what her end game was though.

"So, you in?" He asked, sending her a party invite.

A...Sand Shark. He wanted her to help him kill a sand shark. If the monster was anything like what she was picturing in her head....She let out a sigh as she accepted his party invite. "Wonderful, it couldn't be something simple like a pack of wolves or something...No, it has to be a damnable Land-Shark" It was clear from her tone alone that, while she wanted to come and help, she wasn't excited as the prospect of being jumped at by a shark. 

After accepting it, she opened her inventory and ensured she had everything. Her armour, Guardian Angel, was equipped, she knew that much. Her hand went to her hip, where her weapon was holstered, a golden-yellow spear. The double-ended spear seemed to glow in her hand, and she grinned. This weapon, for now, was perfect for her needs. As a support style, when she couldn't heal, she could at least make the enemy bleed. And, on her left arm, her shield, silver that reflected the harsh sunlight. 

"Well, i guess we'd best get off huh? The saving grace is that i can practice being in the back lines of fights..j-jjust, keep that damn shark off me, got it?"

He couldn't help but find her reaction to it hilarious, she didn't seem happy to be finding a sand shark, though she called it a land shark for some reason. He had zero idea why, buuut it was gonna be fun either way! He watched as her HP appeared under his, a smaller bar, but taht was just for show, he had a feeling on her hud his was small to. 

"Have i ever let you nearly die? Your my best friend in this death game, i'm not gonna let you die!" He replies with a light punch on the shoulder, laughing. He realized it was the first time he had actually aknowledged her as his best friend, but he was the first person he had met here and she had been on more quests with him then anyone else. He could tell she was slowly getting more confident, now actually getting the strength to participate in fights!

"It won't get near ya, promise" He says, holding his fist up for a fist bump, starting to treat her like one of the few friends he had back in the real world.

She let out a deep breath. Sand and a land-shark trying to eat her face off. Wonderful! Still, Stryder DID have a point. She'd been on so many quests with him, and she was still here. The only exception was when they went to find a child, but then, she had wandered away without him. But she was stronger, had better armour and could fight back. She was caught off-guard by the shoulder punch, but thankfully didn't fall over and embarrass herself, but instead, she smiled softly at him. 

"Well, i guess you have a point. I mean, outside of that time you left me in that cave with bats" She was grinning now, hopefully she realized it was her trying to tease him. Ever since she realized she wouldn't die from silly things, she'd become a lot more confident in herself within the game. She kept grip of her weapon, and raised an eyebrow at Stryder "So where is that blade i made you eh? Given it up to use your hands everywhere?" She raised her golden Assault Spear as if to show off her weapon. 

He felt a smack of pain when she mentioned the bats, the one time she had been in real danger when he was their, though he had quickly realized, once he saw her health, that she had been in no danger, and she knew it. He grinned back, giving a light laugh towards her little jab. When she brought up the sword, he summoned it to his side, opening his menu and pulling it out. Guiding Light, a sword he hadn't touched in a long time.

"I may not use it, but i treasure this sword, it kept me alive for a long time until i chose to use martial arts, and who knows, maybe one day it will be useful to me, especially if ya reforge it one day" He says, grinning and making a joke towards her. He started walking towards the gate, and as he walked out he looked towards her weapon.

"Looks like you can't CHOOSE what weapon you want to stay with, first rapier, now spear?"

Eatos didn't think he still had it, she'd assumed he'd ditched it entirely, the fact he still had Guiding Light, for an odd reason, made her pleased. She soon realized the feeling was pride, but she shrugged it off. Nothing wrong with a little pride was there? Hopefully not. She followed him out the gate towards where some sand-shark was just waiting to take a bite out of her, but she had her armour, her weapon and Stryder. So she felt confident that she'd be ok. 

She pouted at Stryder as he made fun of her for her choice of weapon, and she kicked sand at him jokingly. "So what if i chop and change weapons?" She asked him "Unlike you, i never put any points into a certain weapon tree, so why shouldn't i change when the need requires? Besides, this spear will let me do more damage than my old Rapier had. It has a bleed effect meaning it does more damage over time" It was simply to mean, if she wasn't healing, she was able to deal some damage. She may not be the main damage when she was with others, but she was still capable of holding her own and contributing, in a small way. 

Sky raised his arm to protect his eyes from the sand, but laughed at her efforts. He couldn't say she wasn't a friend, no matter what happened, they were close and he was always gonna be her friend. He listened to her about weapons, and she was right, but she had chosen to go of more a supporting build. One day, she would need to settle into a weapon and use it to help others as well as heal, but until then, she could be innocent without the need for it. At this point they had left the gate, and were slowly leaving the city behind them, walking into the treacherous dessert.

"You better hope your lucky with that spear, or at least, luckier then with that Rapier" He jabbed, mainly at her being barely unable to kill the bat in the cave, and he had to come over and smash it into a wall. He looked over the desert, knowing that sand shark would be here somewhere........ Where, he had no idea.

Luckier with the spear than her former Rapier?! She glared at him, it wasn't hard to put together he was referencing their adventure to save an npc child in a cave. She had struggled against the bats there, she would fully admit that. But, with her new weapon, it was easier. "Well, this time, i'll be useful. If i hit the target with Gae Buide correctly, it'll cause my target to bleed, meaning i only need to hit them once to be useful in the fights now. My old Rapier only had damage buffed onto it, this little baby will give them a wound that they'll recover from...eventually" It did dampen her mood when she learn that the bleed only worked for 2 rounds and would need to be reapplied, after all, the weapon Gae Buide was famous, or infamous, depending on what angle of history you took, for causing wounds that wouldn't be healed. 

He did like the sound of that, however, he wasn't about to let her get that close. Sure, she could go and hit, but he wasn't about to let her be targetting by this..... Monster. He cared for the girl, and he didn't want her being killed by some stupid Sand Shark.

"Sounds good, but just remember to let me get in the first hit, i don't want it targeting ya" He replies, grinning happily. He was glad that so far this was going. They had left the town heind a while ago, and they were getting closer to the wild desert. He was about to ask Eatos something, before suddenly feelign somehting.... Coming from undernieth him....

Sky couldn't react in time, the shark grabbing him from undernieth and flying into the air, takign Sky with him, fangs scratching Sky's arm. Sky got thrown high in the air, and landed hard on his back, groaning as he rolled over, seeing the fin of the shark. He quickly rolled out of the way, the sand shark coming right past him as he grabbed the fin and pulled it up. It was insanely heavy, but sky managed to get enough of it out to actually use his Acuuncture art on it, smashingit hard in pressure points before it escaped his grasp. The lines on his shoulder faed, his HP having dropped.

Spoiler

Stryder

HP: 308/340 EP: 24/34 ACC: 3 MIT: 18 DMG: 10 EVA: 1

ID# 87263 results:

Battle: 4+3=Hit

Acupuncture(-10ENG) 10*3x3=90

Sand Shark

HP: 35
Damage per Attack: 50

ID# 87262 results:

MOB: 8-1=Hit - 50-18=32

It took the girl several moments to understand why he'd asked her to let him hit the shark first. Of course, it was about handling the monsters agression, or 'Aggro'. He was tougher, therefore, he'd take longer to kill and, in the meantime, they could kill it. She nodded her head, and would have spoken to confirm what he had said to her. Except that was the moment the shark struck! 

She felt herself freeze in place, despite the blistering heat, as the Sand-Shark got the jump on Stryder. She watched as there was a struggle, with the Shark taking a bite out of Stryder, while he managed to punch it. She ran forwards, before remembering that they were a party. She checked his HP gauge, still in the green by far. Good. Most players would attack, but, Eatos didn't. Keeping Gae Buide in her right hand, she thrusted her open-palmed hand in Stryders direction. As she did, it started to glow, as did Stryder. 

First Aid. It was her contribution to the fight. Healing 'Magic', or as close to magic as SAO was allowing at least. While it was weak, it did push Stryders HP up by 13 points. She smiled over at him as the white glow vanished. In the guild-Raids, that would be her job. She needed more healing, she needed to be better than that. 

Spoiler

Sand Shark HP: 35/125 DMG: 50

Stryder: HP: 321/340 EP: 24/34 ACC: 3 MIT: 18 DMG: 10 EVA: 1

Eatos: HP: 220/220 EP: 19/20 MIT:  27 DMG: 1 EVA: 3

Edited by Eatos
Spoiler

Sand Shark HP: 35/125 DMG: 50

ID# 87286 results:

MOB: 8-1=7 50-18=32

Stryder: HP: 289/340 EP: 21/34 ACC: 3 MIT: 18 DMG: 10 EVA: 1

ID# 87285 results:

Battle: 8+3=11=Hit 

Delayed Sword - 10*4x1-40

Eatos: HP: 220/220 EP: 19/20 MIT:  27 DMG: 1 EVA: 3

He couldn't believe it. He knew there was healers in this game, he knew it was a talent, but he hadn't actually met one or been out with one yet. That girl he had done the bandit quest was a tank healer, but she had just buffed his damage, doing nothing for his HP, which hadn't dropped. Now.... He was with somone, and mid combat he watched his health go back up!  During Sky's confusion, the sand shark ambushed him, grabbing him and dragging him into the sand, slamming him in. It came right back, and as it did, Sky grabbed its fang, his hand being cut as he dragged it into the air and used his Delayed Sword Sword art, kicking it, then chopping its neck, the whole thing exloding into fragments.

"Well, that was new. How come you never told me about it? How long have you had it? Is that the first time you have used it?" He asked, satarting to slowly bombard her with qeustions about her talent.

@Eatos

The girl watched as the Sand-Shark got its teeth into Stryder once again and this time pulled him under the sand! She charged forwards to try and help, but he managed to, not only escape, but kill the shark. She let out a breath of relief, it was the first time she'd used her healing abilities in combat. While it hadn't done much, given Stryder had killed it in two blows, it was good practice to know what she was doing. Of course, to her, it was just practice, but Stryder seemed to have no idea she had the ability. Sure she hadn't actively mentioned it was a skill she knew, but she'd never worked to say she didn't know it either.

"I've had it a few levels now, i picked it up and figured, since i'm not on the front lines of fights, i'd help out in other ways" The girl said casually as she looked around at the sand, as if expecting another shark to pop out at any moment. "Its a little weak right now, but once i put some more levels into it, i'm sure i'll be more helpful in fights than just an extra blade"

He was honestly impressed and glad, she had something that made her unique and helpful in combat, other then being there for others to help. She had taken it upon herself in finding a way to help people like Atzo, Gryas, Vargas, himself, most of the guild in combat. And although it hadn't been much.... Like she said once she got better skills in it, it would increase. He was going to help her get those points.

"Proud of you Eatos, your getting yourself more self sufficient, soon i won't even need to worry will i?" He said, giving a little laugh.

Spoiler

Stryder: HP: 249/340 EP: 12/34 ACC: 3 MIT: 18 DMG: 10 EVA: 1

ID# 87382 results:

Battle: 9(Nat) (1DMG)

Acupuncture 10+1*3x3=99

Massive Scorpion 81/180 HP 58 DMG (Target Stryder) 58-18- 40

ID# 87383 results: 

MOB: 7-1=6Hit

Mini Scorpion 50 Health 25 DMG (Target Eatos)

ID# 87384 results:

MOB: 6-3=3 Miss

Suddenly, a very loud sound came from behind Eatos, a scorpion had appeared, but hit a rock tunneling out of the sand, alerting her to its stinger coming towards her. A giant one however, had managed to sneakily come up behind Stryder, and before he could even react he felt the stinger go through into his arm. He was quick to grab it, pulling it out, the damage from the venom already smashing his HP downwards, though he quickly used his Acupunture, hitting many key joints along its stinger and back, managing to nearly kill it instantly. 

She smiled slightly as Stryder, complimented her skill choice. It was something every guild needed, a player dedicated to others. In the Emerald Harbingers, that was her. A blacksmith and healer. She could provide the guild with everything they'd need, almost, and ensure to keep them alive in battle too. To some, it might be seen a cowardice, to which they weren't entirely wrong. She was too scared to tank damage, too afraid she'd fail to be a reliable damage dealer for combat. But if she kept those who were brave enough alive, maybe, in her own way, it'll be enough for her to be remembered, should she die. Of course, for that to happen...

"HOLY CRAP!" The girl hadn't seen the Scorpion sneaking up behind her, and she leapt out the way into the sand to dodge it. Where the hell had it come from?! She glanced back and saw Stryder getting stabbed, but his HP didn't depleat that fast. She could heal him later. She grabbed her weapon, Gae Buide, and charged. She dived forwards, and sliced it across its face before leaping backwards. She could do this....She had to, Stryder had his own battle to face. For now, it was her and her cursed Lance....

Spoiler

ID: 87462

BD: 6 (+1) = 7 <Hit, 1 DMG> 

Eatos: HP: 220/220 EP: 20/20 MIT: 27 DMG: 1 EVA: 3

Mini Scorpion 49/50 Health 25 DMG (Target Eatos)

Edited by Eatos
Spoiler

Stryder: HP: 249/340 EP: 3/34 ACC: 3 MIT: 18 DMG: 10 EVA: 1

ID# 87470 results:

Battle: 8+3-Hit - Acupuncture - 10*3x3-90

Massive Scorpion 0/180 HP 58 DMG

ID# 87471 results:

MOB: 3-1-Miss

LOOT

ID# 87472 results:

Battle: 1

Craft: 2

-Rare Weapon-

Katana- Unidentified-T1-Rare

Loot: 12

Col-180*3-540

(Swapping control of mini scorpian to Eatos for flowing)

Sky, not fully noticing the scorpion having attacked Eatos. He didn't realize she was being attacked, even when she called out [censored], he was in the zone of fighting this HUMONGOUS scorpion that was trying to pierce him through again, using unbelievable speed to side step each of the stabs. This thign was dangerous and obviously an amazing hunter, Sky having to raise his fist to block the strikes occasionally, the thud dealing no damage due to Sky's prowess, but the impact still audiable. It took around a minute of straight up dogging before he saw an opening, which he took without question, dashing in and using his most powerful attack again, jumping onto it, with his foot kicking a joint, then along the tail, hitting all the vital points before delivering one around the top of the scorpions neck, and upon the connection, the scorpion explodes into a thousand pieces. He collapesed, a little exhausted from that small skirmish.

From his spot, he looked over, now seeing Eatos in a fight.

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

ID: 87791

BD: 7 (+1) = 8 Dmg: 1 <Bleed applied to Mini Scorpian> 

Eatos: HP: 220/220 EP: 20/20 MIT: 27 DMG: 1 EVA: 3 Hate: 2

Mini Scorpion 48/50 Health 25 DMG <Bleed Afflicted>

ID: 87792

MD: 8 (-3EVA) = 5 

Stryder had his battle, and much like him, Eatos was focused on only a single thing. The scorpian before her. Gae Buide in hand, the girl watched its stinger carefully. That was the biggest thing she was worried off, if that got into her...It would drop her HP bar, and she refused to let that happen. She was standing still juts waiting, just watching it watch her. She blinked, and her opponent launched forwards, stinger aiming right at her. 

At the very last possible moment, Eatos dived forwards, dodging the strike and charging at it. Using his attack as an opening, she swung her lance at the face of the beast and landed a blow. As she did, something, odd happened. Her Lance shifted colour, from golden-yellow to blood red, as she landed her blow cleanly. Once landed, she grinned and withdrew her weapon, scrambling backwards and looking at her work. While the attack had only dealt 1 damage, it had done so much more than that. Unknown to it, she'd landed just the right blow and soon, that beast would bleed. After all, Gae Buide had a history, once coated in blood should you know where to look. 

Edited by Eatos
Spoiler

ID# 87795 results:

Battle: 3+3-Hit - Embracer 10*1x1 - 10 - Stun

Stryder: HP: 249/340 EP: 0/34 ACC: 3 MIT: 18 DMG: 10 EVA: 1 H1

Eatos: HP: 220/220 EP: 20/20 MIT: 27 DMG: 1 EVA: 3 Hate: 2

Mini Scorpion 38/50 Health 25 DMG <Bleed Afflicted> -12Per turn 2/2 - Stunned

Sky spun around, seeing Eatos dive in, and stab the Scorpion. He had a lot more confidence in her combat ability then he used to, after all the fighting they had done together, she probably learnt a lot from him, at least that was how Sky was going to take it. He grinned, sprinting in and from behind, with a straight hand, drove his hand right through the Scorpions neck, it collapsing stunned, its neck pretty much twisted after the strike. He jumped past it, noticing her blood red weapon, meaning she must have gotten that bleed effect!

"Nice hit Eatos, lets kill this thing!" He says, grinning, a spark flaring in his eyes as he stared at the dead meat. It was going to die, whether it liked it or not, it was going to die. It would only take them around three or four more hits to kill it, and once it was dead, they were done, they could head back to their shops and relax, and do whatever it is they needed to do. They could do it!

Spoiler

ID: 87809

Battle: 5 (+1) = 6 (Hit) <DMG: 1>

Stryder: HP: 249/340 EP: 0/34 ACC: 3 MIT: 18 DMG: 10 EVA: 1 H1

Eatos: HP: 220/220 EP: 20/20 MIT: 27 DMG: 1 EVA: 3 Hate: 3

Mini Scorpion 25/50 Health 25 DMG <Bleed Afflicted> -12 Per turn 1/2 - Stunned

The girl honestly hadn't expected Stryder to leap in, assuming he was still busy fighting against his opponent. In her mind, she had to do this alone. But unlike that time before, she felt a lot more confident. Her weapon was better for her style of fighting, she had a shield to protect herself and armour to help avoid attacks. She was far from a combat player, but she could hold her own against lower level monsters. And that was what was key. 

She had been about to strike when Stryder leap in, and the scorpian just hit the ground. Was it dead already? If so, why hadn't it exploded like every other monster did? She looked over at Stryder with a frown, before taking a hesitant step forwards and swinging her Lance into its face, landing a hit , but her weapon didn't turn red. She hadn't landed a bleed effect. Shame. But she knew it was still alive, and still bleeding out. She could see that from the mark on its face where she'd first stabbed it. Her attacks would never do what Stryders did, but every bit of damage helped. 

Edited by Eatos