[PP-F3] <<Worn Out Welcome>>

Ever since meeting Clevis, things have changed. I was more than content staying on the first floor, waiting for this all to be over. This was a prison sentence after all - a rightful term for my indiscretions on the topside. However, because of him, I finally got off my *ss and started getting out in the field. First, it was getting a job, then splitting a rock, now...

"So, how's about it, kid? Think you can do that for me?" This was Griswold, some burly blacksmith NPC that apparently provided you with armor if you whooped some poor monster's arse. Clung to his arm was the ever lovely Hanna. Again, she too was an NPC and the wife of Griswold. If I had to compare the two, it was like the orc and the princess. I know I shouldn't think of things like this, but do NPCs get it on? If so, that poor, poor--

"Kid?"

"Yeah! Yeah, yeah. Sure. Totally. I'll be back with your... what was it again?" I stammered, rosy in the cheeks as Hanna softly giggled. Stupid. They're computer programs. Get your head out of the gutter.

"Ever Ether," Griswold replied. His brow hung low over his beady eyes as frustration settled into his features. One punch from those tree trunk sized arms and I had no doubt my health bar would whistle on down to zero. 

"Yup, that. I'll go get that. Been a pleasure, but I'll be on my way." Pretty certain that I'd worn out my welcome, I pivoted on my heel from the giggling of one blonde to the far more stern look of another. This one also looked like she could take one pop shot at my dangly bits and I'd be setting my Nerve Gear for popcorn mode. Extra butter.

"Uh, hello there? Sorry, I'll uh... Just be on my way..." Easier said than done. Her frame filled the door and my trying to go left turned into a trying to go right. While unintentional, I was now dancing a very awkward exit dance with a stranger who I could definitely tell, wasn't your typical damsel in distress.

@Ruby

Edited by Killia

Another day another quest, it had seemed. She had slid her way out of bed and changed from her nightgown to her typical outfit for the day, and stepped out from the Inn and stretched her arms upward, there was a quest that she had at mind... and of course that was Worn Out Welcome, now of course that quest is mostly for beginners, however it isn't level restricted so to all that Ruby would know is easy SP that she can acquire. She had originally thought that this quest was going to be simple enough to do by herself, so she didn't really spend any time at all trying to find anyone to take the quest on her own, for all she knows today she was going to take on a quest by herself and call it a day from there after searching for some materials while she was at it. So she decided to head out and move towards the gate of the main city towards the path she would need to take towards the place where she needed to take Worn Out Welcome.

@Killia

I finally made my way past the blonde after no thanks to the awkward dance we did at the doorway. My face flushed red just from the mere embarassment of social ineptitude I just displayed. My hand couldn't help but stick to my face as both an action of comfort and humiliation. Despite the ridiculousness of it all, I pulled up my HUD and flipped to the map. If I was here, the forest should be here... and... There. A marker blipped slowly on screen to indicate the general AO for the quest.

I went for the city gates and began to make way toward the forest's edge where some poor elf was about to get his teeth knocked out. A few paces in, and I couldn't help but notice another player in front of me by several paces. Again, this one was a woman, blonde.

"Some kind of curse?" I muttered under my breath. Apparently, my luck was bringing about a harem of blond women. Regardless, I kept my distance from her as I continued in the direction of the quest. So far, she showed no signs of deviating from the path. Perhaps she was doing the same quest?

• 3 weeks later...

Ruby had looked around as she had entered a city of Elves, "This is surely the place of the quest, there isn't much else of a direction I could really go to either. So its better to assume that this is the place I assume." she had thought to herself as she had looked around, then out of the corner of her eyes she had seen a player looking towards her, she had pretty much shrugged it off, it wasn't anything to really be worried about, its just a guy liking what they see she had presumed. She had shrugged, and looked back forward. She needed to find this NPC to begin the quest, and it took just a moment before she eventually found the NPC at a armor store. The man had looked towards Ruby and said "Hello Explorer! Looking to get some Armor?" she shook her head and said "Well, yes. But I have no real use for it.". The NPC had squinted his eyes before shrugging it off "Well, I'll be able to craft it for you, but you gotta fight someone in the forest. Only the dark elf has the materials capable for making such wonderful armor.". She had looked to the man and gave him a smile as she had placed one hand on her hip and moved it to the side "Consider it done."

@Killia