{F-5 PP} Commencement and Inducement <<The Traveler>> -Domarus, Floofy, Aereth-

She followed the 'bird', believing it to be leading her to the city. It was too high up in the desert sky for her to be able to tell that it was actually Rhozarth, nor was she able to tell that he was leading her to her actual goal. At least her winged guide was able to distract her thoughts away from her unbridled anger. She had even began to suspect that Keres was somehow involved in this whole mess, although she had no actual proof or reasoning to believe it. She more or less was blaming everyone except herself at this point. Even without any sound logic behind her suspicions, she continued to include Keres in her frustrations, not realizing she was more frequently complimenting her, thinking things like, "I can't believe she would agree to do something like this to me! She's too cute for something so mean!"

Edited by Floofy

She continued to follow the 'bird' as it let her towards her true goal. With the beast flying so high in the desert air, it was impossible for her to tell that it was Rhozarth guiding her. The more she watched and followed the flying creature, the more her focus stayed on it, distracting her from her anger and rage towards Domarus. Having been following for so long, Sakoda did not want to lose sight of it and end up even more lost than when she started. At this point, she hadn't even been keeping track of what direction she headed in, even though it hardly mattered. Trying to figure out what direction she was headed in after already being lost wouldn't be very useful. It did occur to her that the Sun rises in the West and sets in the East.... er, wait, no.. did it rise in the East and set in the West? Did SAO's sun even follow the same logic as the real worlds sun? Did each floor have it own kind of 'sun' that followed its own logic? In all of her pondering, Sakoda had stopped watching where she was going and tripped over a rock in the sand, causing her to face-plant. Cursing at herself and how often she found that she was tripping over rocks and other things, she dusted herself off and looked around for her winged guide.

Ever thought that someone could be the essence of patience, while also the essence of impatience at the exact same time?  While it seems like an impossible concept, Domarus would prove you wrong in this particular moment.  He was patiently waiting for Sakoda to complete the quest and return to the town, thinking carefully about how he should be handling this.  Whether he should remain silent, whether they should talk here, and whether he should be gentle or emotionless...  On the other hand, Domarus was impatiently waiting for her as well.  Even though she wasn't as competent as others, it shouldn't take her this d**n long to complete the quest.  She did after all have a map built into her hud if she'd only use it.  He knew that if he started going overboard, Keres would help him if he became too rough on her.  Meanwhile, Rhozarth noticed that the girl was stumbling a bit and slowed down.  When she tripped and fell Rhozarth slowed down more, but made sure she didn't realize he was.  Rhozarth was annoyed with the girl.  The only reason he was helping her was not only because Domarus ordered it, but because if she let him, he would make her far stronger and powerful than she'd ever been before.

@Floofy

• 3 weeks later...

she looked up, seeing the bird still flying and sighed with relief, running to catch up with it. "Thank Kayaba it didn't fly too far off.. but where the hell is it going?!" Sakoda thought for sure they would've made it to town, or at least an oasis. Wiping the sweat from her forehead, she opened up the menu to check what the in game time was. Upon doing so, she also opened up the floor map. She was beyond grateful that she was alone in the desert now, because she became filled with embarassment. If Domarus found out that she completely forgot about the map literally built into her inventory.... Yea she was going to keep this detail to herself. Sighing, and calming herself down from her embarrassment, she examined the map in further detail, no longer focused on the bird that she had been following.

Rhozarth lead Sakoda to the quest's destination:  The caravan which had the items she was supposed to take and return.  Once she had the items Rhozarth would circle around and begin leading her directly back to town.  He would slow down if she tripped but overall would indirectly urge her to keep up.  Soon enough she would be in sight of Domarus and he stood still and waited.  Soon enough Sakoda would be in front of him.  When she was he would be silent until she got whatever anger, frustrations, and shouts she had out in the open.  If she tried to go past him he would block her with an arm.  He would wait until she finished and fell silent.  When she did he would hand her a container of water to drink from, and a wet towel.

"Come inside, we need to have a talk."  Domarus led her to one of the town's walls and opened up a trapdoor that lead underground.  He'd wait until she went in before following.  Inside was a simple table, four chairs, and candles lighting the four cavern like walls.  the room itself wasn't massive, just something meant for secret meetings and the like.  Keres took a seat upon Domarus' orders and he took a seat opposite to Sakoda.  Rhozarth rested near the entrance to guard it from anyone coming in...  Or out.

@Floofy

Sakoda blushed deeply when she remembered her quest. Her blush only continued as she returned to the town with the items from the caravan. Looking up to Domarus, she quickly bowed her head and followed him, accepting the water and towel. She walked down the trap door, her embarrassment dominating the rest of her emotions. She knew, somehow, that Domarus had watched her entire mess of a journey. Rather than taking a seat in a chair, she knelt down on the ground next to the table. She wanted to say something, anything to try and defend herself, but she couldn't find the words. She knew she had, for all intense and purposes, failed her task. As such, she knew that she couldn't say anything. Her fate was up to Domarus to decide for her, and she had accepted it. Sakoda simply kept her head bowed, and awaited judgement. She wanted to start crying, but figured that would only make things worse for her.

Edited by Floofy

"......I need to apologize to you Sakoda.  I haven't been treating you as an apprentice should be.  I never thought that I'd have an apprentice and never did I prepare for such a thing.  My goal was to get you to respect me, enough so that you would work with me as intended, rather than trying to usurp me and seize what I have.  Which if that was your plan it's rather counter productive since I'm literally giving all that I have to you one day.  You aren't just my apprentice Sakoda, you're my successor.  I can't leave my plans and work in the hands of someone who will just let it all fall apart.  To someone who's too greedy or too kind.  That's why I need to train you Sakoda.  And why we need to work together.  I've only forged two relationships in my lifetime, one of which is with Keres.  I'm not the kind hearted type of person, but if you work, with, me.  I can develop a relationship with you as a teacher and mentor.  Not as a task master."  He placed some food on the table for her to eat, as well as water and a large canister of water.

"So the question is.  Do you understand.  Are you willing to try this again.  And do you accept the responsibility of what you'll have?"

@Floofy

• 3 weeks later...

Sakoda was in pure stunned silence. The reaction she had received was nowhere near what she had expected. She had no idea how much time passed before she finally spoke. "Y-You aren't...mad?" She asked, finally breaking out of her stun. She thought for sure that she was going to be yelled at, and berated for her poor performance in the quest. Thoughts flooded her mind, as Domarus' reply went against everything she thought she knew about him. She found her eyes fluttering back and forth, between Keres and Domarus, wondering if this was all some kind of trick to further humiliate her. The more time that passed, the more she realized this was no trick. "D-Do I.. accept?" Her gaze went down to the ground as she repeated the question over and over in her mind. Finally, she looked up, tears in her eyes as she gazed at Domarus, and she nodded. "Yes, I do accept."

Domarus said nothing more until she gave him an answer.  When she did answer him and accepted his terms he sighed and leaned back, massaging the back of his neck.  This was quite the position he found himself in, but it may be for the better.

"Alright then.  Let's start by eating and drinking, you won't be able to focus on an empty stomach.  Afterwards let me take you back to my place so we can talk about how we plan to do this.  Like I said previously this is not my forte.  But if I'm to make you my successor I'll need to learn."  He'd wait until she had finished eating and drinking and when she did he'd stand up and help her up if need be.  He'd lead her back out of the cave and towards the town.

"Why don't you go ahead and give the npc her item, finish up the quest.  We'll head back after that."  He wondered how she'd feel about this sudden change once she had a clear head.  Would she be rebellious again or would he have finally broken that obnoxious pattern, and have an apprentice worth training?

@Floofy

She nodded, and started eating. She hadn't realized just how hungry she was until Domarus brought up the suggestion of food. Once she had her fill, and recovered from her desert trek, she went to the NPC whom she needed to turn the quest into, and completed it. She truly did feel like she had learned from her experience, and was more willing than ever to learn from Domarus and follow his lead. As she walked behind him, Sakoda spoke up, "Domarus, what do you have planned for me? I mean, like, for training me and stuff... Do you think I'm going to die?" The last question seemed to come out of nowhere, but she needed to know what Domarus envisioned for her in the future, and if he believed he could help her survive. If he expected her to die, she wanted to know for sure. Not everyone would survive this place, and if she were to be one of the fallen.. She had to know what he thought.

Edited by Floofy
  • 2 weeks later...

"Do I think you'll die?  No.  As long as you're my apprentice and successor you will not die.  Until you are strong enough to destroy your enemies on your own I will be there to demolish them for you.  The dark side of Aincrad will know my sigil and know to avoid those who wear it, and monsters will stand no chance against us.  Caution is important, as well as a decent dose of fear, but never be terrified of anything Sakoda.  In fact, as you'll soon learn you should stand strong, tall, and proud.  I do after all, plan to give you the entire world when I pass on."  He refrained his voice from being too commanding, demanding, or any other negative output.  It was difficult this time because he wasn't putting up a facade to fool her with, he was trying to speak as honestly yet as calmly as he could.  This was still a very new experience for Domarus, one that he hoped to master before long.  "As for your training, we'll have it in two parts:  The first will be in public which is mainly quest, event and grinding.  Things to increase your levels.  We'll also have you exercise and go over combat techniques as well.  Help you figure out your build.  The second part will be in secret, teaching you how society works at a glance, and how it really works.  Mastering manipulation and deception.  Observance and deduction.  Things that no one will notice yet will let you change the game."

@Floofy

She nodded, listening intently as Domarus explained to her the plans that he had. She knew that she would need to stay focused and keep herself under control, and she could only hope that she would be able to master her own internal demons while learning from Domarus. He could only teach her so much, and many of her improvements would have to come from within her mind and body. All of this sounded stressful and nerve-wracking, and yet she felt oddly calm. Confident, even. If someone were to ask her how she was suddenly so collected, Sakoda wouldn't be able to explain it. She just... was. It was as if she had come to peace with her place in SAO, accepting whatever would come her way. To think that she had only been active for a short while, and already she had changed this much. Sakoda chuckled to herself, imagining if she hadn't taken that initial quest and left the safety of towns. She would probably be sleeping in barns and eating bread and scraps. "OK Domarus, I'm ready."