[F6-pp] Saving the Forest <<Deforestation>> with Stryder and Eatos

Hei was the duke of the pen and as such he was responsible for guild events and the such. As he was pretty serious about his job, he was running around the town of beginnings and other main settlements gathering information about quests and bosses that might be a job for his guild and today was the day he was lucky with finding an interesting task. On the sixth floor there was an ambassadress of the Amazons, who were living somewhere  deeper in the jungle, who was looking for a group of fighters which could help them with defending the forest. "Dear ambassadress Samara, what exactly is it you want us to do?"  he asked the tall woman, to get more information about the quest she had. "Oh, so you are an interested adventurer" she said, adding "We have trouble with a tiger of flames, wandering around our forest and burning down everything on it's way. It would be great if you could hunt it down and save our forest from the flames."

Hei was sure, that hunting down a burning tiger would be a good first try for a guild event lead by him, and so he sent messages to the guildmembers.

Dear Guildmembers, I have gotten a quest of great difficulty, so I hope a few of you could help me with tackling it. It's all about hunting down a giant flaming tiger.
Hei.

@Stryder @Eatos

The sound of a message had woken the blacksmith up from her nap. She had been inside her store on the 4th floor, taking a nap like usual, next to her warm forge. Not even getting up, she opened her messages to see it was from Hei. It took her waking up brain many moments to realize Hei was one of her guild, now asking for help against a mini-boss? Yawning, she dragged herself up. She was the guilds 'healer', and so, it was on her to ensure their safety. She quickly opened up the system and launched a reply. 

"I'll be there, might be a while since i just woke up. Which floor?' She sent it off to Hei as she sighed. She just wanted to sleep, yet her guild needed her. She had First Aid, she had to keep them alive. So she grabbed her weapon, Gae Buide, her armour and shield, and cuddled with her Familiar for many moments before she yawned. She opted to wait for Hei's reply before going anywhere, besides, she could play with Angel just a few more minutes this way. 

The blue sky was beautiful on the second floor, which was all mountains. It was a clear day, and it was just.... Amazing to look at. He didn't care it wasn't real, it was for him. He laid on the top branch of a tree, smiling as he looked out at the vast distance. He was right inside his safezone near his shop, just being inside, so even if he fell he couldn't take any damage, though he wouldn't, he had made a way up safely with a rope which was secured around him. Just before he was about to dose off, he got a notification .... He opened up his messages, seeing it was from Hei. He opened it up, seeing the message.

Dear Guildmembers, I have gotten a quest of great difficulty, so I hope a few of you could help me with tackling it. It's all about hunting down a giant flaming tiger.
Hei.

A FLAMING TIGER??? He couldn't help but be dumbfounded by this, but..... He had to go, if anything to keep Hei and his guild safe.... He was the Crown Prince now after all, he didn't have much of a choice.

Hey Hei, what floor? I'm heading to the floor two teleporter right now

After he sent that, he dropped from the tree, the rope catching him around six feet from the ground, which he then let go off, landing safely and starting to run towards the teleporter.

Hei was walking around town, getting a cold drink, as the jungles warm and moist air was making him sweat. - I might look for a shadowy place, maybe inside a pub to wait for them. It might take them some time to get ready for something like that. he thought and went to the next pub. Just when he sat down, a first message arrived. Hei opened it to see, that it was Eatos, telling him that she would need some time, and also asking for the floor she had to come to. He quickly answered
Hey @Eatos, nice to hear that you'll join in. Take all the time you need and then come up to the sixth floor. Don't forget cloths for warm and moist weather. he answered her.

After that he ordered a cold coconut drink and while he was sipping it, a second message appeared, this time it was Stryder, who was already on his way to the teleporter. Hei was happy to hear that, and so he answered
hey @Stryder, I'm at floor six. When you arrive, come to the palm tree inn. I'll order a cold drink for you, so we can wait for Eatos together.

The girl was still in bed, cuddling her husky puppy and groaning that she didn't want to get up! The reply from Hei made the girl loathe being awake, and briefly contemplate sleeping forever, until she remembered what that was called. Death. She grabbed herself out of her bed, put on her uniform, grabbed her primary weapon and shield, before sighing. Hell upon Earth sometimes. But, she had to do it. She re-read his message, warm clothes? Check. Moist weather? Urgh, this would suck. But, she would arrive. 

As she went for the door, she heard a bark. Her Familiar, Angel, looked at her. She knew if she hesitated, she wouldn't end up leaving. She hesitated, before going back and cuddling the puppy, and did this for many minutes before she forced herself away. She locked her store up tight before slowly trudging towards the portal. She loved this weather, and was leaving it once again for something else. The only consoluation prize was it wasn't that damnable 5th floor, that floor would piss right off. She'd die a happy girl if she never went back there. 

It didn't take long before he got the message, having just arived at the portal. He smiled, opening it and seeing floor six. He rarely ventured past floor five, biding to slowly get himself strong enough to fight on the higher floors before actually moving on.... But he was stronger then he used to be, and there was no danger with him going one floor past his comfort zone. He smiled, saying the floor six settlement, then warping there.

Within a flash, he emmerged, cracking his backa s he headed towards the Palm in. He had no idea what they were doing..... Other then fighting a flaming tiger.... He wondered who else was gonna show up, then he re read the message, and his heart almost stopped.

Eatos. 

Why bring her to this fight.... She isn't a damage dealer, she is barely used to fighting weak monsters! Dammit, guess this isn't going to be as easy as i wanted it to be...

As Hei sat there, waiting for the other two to arrive, he had a cold drink, but before he even finished a first one, he saw Stryder appearing at the teleportation platform and so he turned to the barkeeper and ordered another drink. When it was finished, Hei took it and went over to Stryder, greeting him and handing him the cold drink. "Hey Stryder, nice that you arrived so quick, so we just have to wait for Eatos, but she shouldn't take long to come here. Should we sit down over there, or wait right where we are at the moment? " he asked, and looked over Stryders shoulder, to see if Eatos already arrived. - I don't know much about Eatos, but I think Stryder knows her better. I met them together and it seemed that they knew each other already. I'll ask him about her eventually, If she won't appear right now. - he thought, and as Eatos didn't appear right that moment, he asked "Stryder, I assume, you know Eatos better than I do. Could you tell me about her, especially strength wise?"

Sky was looking vaguely everywhere until he saw Hei walking over, giving him a drink. Sky smiled, accepting it and trying a bit. It was nice, for a game. He leaned against the building, listenign to Hei ask questions about Eatos.... He was really uncomfortable with this, he didn't want her dying...

"I know her quite well. She's the kind of person who is determined to succeed. She decides to do something she is gunna do it, however she is scared of death, she is worried about being killed in every fight. She has gotten better with dealing with that now but...." He pauses, finishing the drink, his mental state racing wildly. 
"She's not much of a fighter Hei... Iv been in the field with her many times, and as much as its on me not letting her be in the front, she can't be there. She didn't choose any weapon skills, or armor skills. She can't fight Hei, and this seems like something that is going to be a hell of a fight.... Its not something i want to drag her into, she's not strong enough yet" He answered. He felt insanely bad for sort of bad mouthing her, she was his best friend in this place.... But he didn't want her to die, and if this was going to help keep her safe.... She could hate him for all he cared.... The tinge of pain was visable, slightly fearing what might happen.

The girl had dragged herself to the 6th floor, the sudden change in temperature displeased her, But there was little she could actually do about it. She looked around, but its what she heard first that really caught her. Stryder, speaking about her. She waited, 'hiding' behind him as she listened to Stryder talk about all the reasons why she shouldn't be helping them. And, to a degree, he wasn't wrong. She didn't have any weapon, nor armour,  skills. But, that didn't mean she was useless when it came to combat. She had a weapon designed to help compensate, and even unlocked skills that suited her lack of damage style. 

"I've grown a lot these past months ya know" She said as she walked over, standing about a step away with her arms crossed. "And i may not have the same combat abilities as you Stryder, but i have my own uses. I don't want you choosing what is too dangerous for me. I'm coming. Like you said, once i've made up my mind, that's it" 

It did hurt her, more than she was showing and more than her pride would ever allow her to confess. The fact that Stryder was trying to baby her, she wasn't that useless. While true her skill-set DID require her to be protected in fights, she was still more than able. She looked over at Hei, and more specifically, his weapon. She smiled. It was nice to see at least one 'cursed' weapon survived. In this mission, two cursed weapons will take upon the battlefield. "Good to see at least one of my weapons is being put to good use, even if its a 'cursed' weapon." 

Hei was standing there, taking a sip of his drink and watching Stryder. When he asked him about Eatos, for a short time Hei could see, that it was upsetting Stryder, but when he began talking, he wasn't able to tell any more. Hei was listening to everything Stryder said, how Eatos was the type of person, who would do anything once she had decided to do it, and that she was afraid of dying, but how wasn't in this game of death? - Sounds like she is like many others, even though I don't think there are so many people who are determined to do whatever they once said, when they realise that it could be dangerous. - he thought, while Stryder emptied his drink. When he began talking about how Eatos wasn't a fighter and that she wasn't strong enough, Hei saw her "sneaking" up on him, eavesdropping and crossing her arms in front of him. He wanted to sign Stryder to stop, but Eatos stepped forward, telling him that she had grown stronger, and that she would be able to help without fighting skills.
When Eatos said, that it was good to see, that at least one of her (cursed) weapons was used, he was happy, that it seemed, she was not to angry about him and Stryder talking about her. "It's a great weapon. I really like the handling, and even though it's style doesn't fit my new look, I'll keep it till I can use a weapon of higher tier. Would you like to have a drink before we leave for a tiger hunt?" he told/ asked her, having a look at Stryder too, as he asked about the drink.

He knew he was in trouble the moment he heard her voice, and he didn't blame her for being upset about him. He turned to look at her, listening to her talking. He hadn't been out with her in awhile, so while it was true she might have some useful skills now, he didn't know about any of them. He sighed, knowing therew as nothing he could do to make sure she didn't come. When Hei asked about the drink, he shook his head, declinign the offer for a second drink.

"Just stay in the back row and don't put yourself in danger Eatos, this isn't going to be like the other times we have been hunting, this is going to be seriously dangerous, and i refuse for you to be the first person to die on me" He replies sternly, with a genuine sense of care about him. He hadn't lost anyone, he had nearly lost Kyoto, and nearly lost Atzo, but other then those two, he had not even gotten close to losing anyone yet, and he refused for the first person he had made a friend with to be the first person he was going to lose. He sighed, before going into his inventory, and equipping a cloak. He just liked it, and it covered up his stupid gentlemen's suit.

It was slightly dissapointing to hear that Gae Buige would be replaced, but that was the nature of Tier 1 weaponary. She looked at her own weapon, Gae Buide. Both weapons were from Irish Mythology, yet had very distinct looks. "Well, as long as the cursed spear serves its purpose..." She said with a sly smile. She got great satisfaction with the knowledge that a weapon she'd created had been useful, even more than it was a parallel to a real world legend. After all, he wasn't the only one weilding a Cursed weapon. She herself had one. Gae Buige was the infamous spear of a murderer, long story short. Her weapon was said to inflict wounds that were impossible to cure. Of course, it meant its weilder had to always be careful, or risk injuring themselves. Thankfully, SAO made the weapon safe for her. At the offer of a drink, the girl just shook her head. She wasn't too interested in it, she wasn't in the mood for a drink. 

She glared at Stryder as he 'validated' what he'd said. "If you keep the monsters attention away from me, then i'll be fine" She said to him. She was getting a far better grasp of the game, and its mechanics. The concept of 'Agro' was getting through to her, and it made sense. So as long as someone else had dealt more damage than her, the monster shouldn't target her. 

"Ok, when none of you wants a drink, we can begin our big hunt. Our goal is to track down a newly spawned fieldboss of this floor. It's a giant burning tiger and it began walking around on this floor, burning down everything that is in his way. The Amazons are a big fan of the forest and so they want us to protect it by killing the monster. That's all I know fro sure, but rumour says, that the tiger might be able to breath fire and ignite it's opponents, so we should be careful about that. " Hei said, telling them what information he had gathered by now. "Do you have any ideas how we should fight this boss? And how strong are your attacks?:" Asking that he opened the menu and went through his swordskills too, to see how much damage he could output. - When I use my highest damage skill, I could deal around 60 Damage and stun, but I can only use it three times in a row, then my energy is very low. maybe I should take the damage potion I own and the fish for more energy regeneration. Then I might be able to land the attack 4 times in a row. But let's first hear what the others can do. -

Sky listened intently, preparing the best idea he could to handle this creature. He had no idea how strong its attacks were, but Hei did say that it could ignite its opponents... Fire would burn through armor, his knowledge from other games, meaning that there was a chance it could negate armor, though he wasn't betting on it. He wanted to find a way they could do this and survive.... He knew that he and Hei would be taking all the Agro, and Eatos would be perfectly safe in the back row.... But he didn't know how long it was going to take him to kill it. He knew his sword arts off by heart, looking at Hei as he answered both questions.

"I can deal Ninty Nine damage raw, but only usable three times before my energy is out. I have a damage potion, some healing potions.... As for how to fight it, well i say that we just wing it. Me and you will take the agro so that Eatos will be able to survive, she gets lucky that spear of hers will deal some deep cuts, if not we back out, heal, come back in.... Without a tank in our party, thats really all we can do" 

A fire-breathing cat was tormenting the Amazonesses? Eatos had a sly smirk on her face, before she removed it. It wasn't that there was a giant cat on the rampage, but more the references to Amazonesses. The pair, that being Hei and Stryder, discusses strategy. Both of them were capable of dealing damage, but as Stryder did point out. None of them were going to be able to tank it for long. She was still grasping group fights, the very concept of them did leave her slightly baffled, but that was because her 'job' was just sit back and heal whoever got low. In those games, however, she had access to a dozen different spells and her roommates telling her who needed a heal. Here, it was going to be far more chaotic. 

"I can use my First Aid ability" she chimed in "I can heal...4% of your max HP in battle, it won't be much but it'll be something at least. Plus if i stab it with this..." She raised her golden lance in her right hand "I might get an..what's it called...Bleed? The one that deals like, damage over time" She knew that, when it came to combat, she was far from helpful. However, that wouldn't stop her. She needed more SP, she needed to upgrade her abilities in healing. Once she did that, then she'd be helpful in these raids....She needed to be better dammit! 

• 2 weeks later...

"Ok, so I think we should be able to deal enough damage to the thing to kill it, or at least weaken it so quickly, so can kill it with a little help of Eatos healing. We still don't know what the beast actually can do, but we'll find out soon enough. Are there any questions left before we go?" Hei asked, and looked at the two who were with him.

After they had answered all possible questions and made a kind of plan, Hei and his companions made their way to the part of the jungle where the giant tiger should be found. the way was difficult, as they had cross straight trough the jungle and vines were growing everywhere. After a while, they had to cross a river, that was full of small fish, that looked like piranha, and that hadn't any bridge across. After wondering how to do it, Hei looked for a vine that was strong enough to hold him and climbed over the river, hanging from the vine. On the other side they had to fight their way through the dense scrub, but after this troublesome walk, they finally arrived at the Amazone's village.

• 2 weeks later...

Sky didn't day anything, knowing he had lied to the group. He had recently gotten his skill to rank five, but he was still learning it! He hadn't grandmastered it yet, only gotten the rank. He needed to earn that before he would openly admit it.... Until then, he would use it, but keep it to himself that he has it.... Just say he critted or something. At the river, Sky helped both get across before helping himself, swinging over and landing on the other side, entering the amozonian village. He looked around, having heard about amozonians but never seen any. They walked around and carried themselves like real fighters, something which genuinely scared him.

"I'l leave the talking to you Hei, this is your quest, not mine" He said, smiling and giving him a thumbs up. He may be 'higher' in the guild, but Hei was a friend, and a companion. He didn't care abotu something as stupid as rank.

The girl had no questions about the attack itself. They didn't have a dedicated tank between the three, so balancing who was tanking the damage and being the recipient of her First Aid was going to be important. She could handle her half of the job easily enough, that much was simple. As long as she managed her energy costs properly, in theory she was fine. She'd never run out of energy for healing, but then again, she'd never had to heal many times quickly. Perhaps, if that ever happened, she' get some energy regeneration?

During the walk itself, the girl spent majority of her time worrying about her equipment situation. She hoped everything she had would be enough to help, but now, she wasn't sure. Was it? There was only one way to know, but that put a life on the line. While it wasn't the first time she held someones life in her hands, it didn't calm her as much as she wanted it too and her heart sped up slightly.

Arriving in the city of Amazoness warriors, well, had an affect on the blacksmith. Of course, there was a single story in her mind that stuck out. Maybe part of this villiage was based on that story? Myth technically, but who was counting? She seemed to perk up, a slight smile on her face. Was she enjoying a place where women ruled? 

Hei wasn't sure how to handle a whole village of strong fighter women, so he had hoped for Stryder or Eatos to take the lead from here on, but it seemed that they were just as unsure as he was, so when Stryder told him to do the talking, he went ahead. The women all looked so strong and it wasn't easy to tell who might be some kind of leader, so Hei just walked to the Amazon who was closest to them, bowing in front of her and introducing them "Hi, my name is Hei and these two are Stryder and Eatos. We come from the guild of the Emerald Harbingers and have heard about your problem. Ambassadress Samara has told me, that there is a tiger of flame destroying your forest and we are here to hunt it down. Might you be able to tell me where we can find the beast" As he said so, the face of the NPC changed from light amusement to some kind of knowing anger and in the end to a slightly sad smile. "I do know, where you have to go, but my heart cries with the thought of such a majestic creature being killed. But non the less, I know that there is no way to protect the forest of our ancestors without the evil of killing the tiger. So follow me, while I show you to the path, that leads into the part of the forest the tiger lives." And she lead them towards a path, leaving the village.

Sky was glad that someone knew where to go, and watched as Hei interacted with her, and before long he saw the quest come up. He smiled, glad that they were ready to actually do this. He had gotten more then enough skill, and level to solo this.... But he didn't want to tell the group this.... Not yet. He wasn't proud of his level and skill.... He wanted to be stronger, he wanted to protect everyone.... And while he knew it wouldn;t be bad if they knew.... He still felt like keeping this to himself. At least until someone else he knew reached his level.

He snapped out of it, looking at the two, wondering there plans. He wanted to know there plans on how they wanted to do this mission. They had to kill a flaming tiger ,and he knew they could do it, but did they have plans? They had discussed it, that he and Hei would take turns tanking, and Eatos would heal.... Wel, only one way to find out how this would go.