[PP-F7] <<Case of Wurms>> (Stryder)

Nimbus, the main settlement of the seventh floor was empty of people. There did not seem to be anyone around and she couldn't blame anyone for that either. This place was as unattractive as it could get and the only reason that she was even here was due to the fact that she had heard a rumor that someone had spotted a figure on this floor that appeared to be quite dangerous. It was a quest - more opportunity for more skill points to use on her build. Indeed, out of all the builds in this game, Kasier had one of the most difficult ones to level up. As a mixture of tank and healing, she was completely useless in dealing damage. Therefore, she does not have the ability to complete quests on her own. As a result, she simply does not have the firepower to level up as high as other players. That was the path that she had chosen and it must be the path that she stays on. She had no choice but to proceed with the build that she had chosen.

It only means she must work harder than the other players, so here she is. On the top of the tallest building looking down upon the floor comprised of buildings made entirely out of stone. Like stated before, she could not do this quest on her own, but she had no idea who to contact for assistance with the quest. Kasier smiled and decided that she would simply put out a notice to see if anyone wants to complete this quest with her... And that was exactly what she did after walking down to floor level from the tallest point of the floor. It was refreshing up there but now it's time to get down to business.

@Stryder

Sky took a deep breath, looking at the teleporter. He didn't feel like heading off to any too high floors today..... But maybe the seventh floor? He knew how empty it was, and right now he could do with that emptyness. It would help him train, and make him feel more confident in fighting if he gained some experience... He sighed, speaking the name of the settlement, Nimbus.He watched as his world around him vanished, and within a second it was back, his body appearing through a flash of bright light onto the platform. The place was devoid of anything except for NPC's.... 

He sighed, cracking his back before walking down, just to get a notice about someone wanting to do a quest? He had wanted to go out alone, but.....A quest would be better practice then going and fighting some trash mobs.... He shrugged, starting to try and find where the notice had came from, not really seeing any players around the teleporter.

@Kasier

Kasier kept alert for anyone that seemed interested in completing the quest with her as she leaned her back against a stone building with her arms crossed, keeping herself safe and hidden. After a while, she noticed a black-haired man approach the notice and observe it for a while before looking around. It was then that Kasier saw a small portion of his face and saw that it was someone that she had seen before - Stryder. She recalled. It hadn't been that long since she last saw the man and she remembered that she did not give him her name last time. It was about time that she did so, to be honest as last time, she was still in her cautious phase in which she literally did not talk to anyone in fear of giving up too much information and hence harming her safety. She had decided by now that it wasn't worth it and she would much rather just live out a serious, yet communicative life.

"Stryder," Kasier said in a medium volume voice, not wanting to disturb the players around at that moment. "Quest. You up for it or not?"  She asked, walking up to the notice and pointing at it with her right hand. "By the way, I don't think I gave you my name last time. The name is Kasier." She exclaimed randomly, finally freeing up a bit from her anti-social shell. 

@Stryder

Edited by Kasier

He heard his name coming from no where, he spun, wondering where. It was really creepy, it was just his name, but the voice was familiar.... Then  he heard her asking if he was up for a quest? He looked, noticing someone he hadn't seen in a little, but someone he had been out with once. He never caught her name, she never told him, then she did. Kasier. He took a mental note, this one seemed really.... Introverted. She didn't seem to like talking much, but now that he knew who it was he calmed down, not on guard anymore. He walked over to the notice with her, smiling.

"Nice to finally know your name Kasier, and i'm up for it, as long as your tanking again" He answer, grinning as he looked at the notice. It looked simple enough, they just had to kill some flying snake thing, and most likely his teammate here would be able to keep him safe, meaning their was no real issue with him following.

"Cool, I just need the damage dealing,"  Kasier exclaimed. According to her measurements, now that she had the purify mod, she should be able to heal herself and get rid of any status conditions that might trouble her when tanking. With the purify mod, she is not only able to boost her ranks as a healer but also as a tank that can heal herself when times get troubled while tanking. "I'm ready when you are to go take this quest,"  Kasier said, looking at the man for a second and then turning away to go accept the quest from a nearby NPC.

The quest description given was quite simple. The exact words of the NPC were: "A two-headed serpent with wings have been terrorizing people outside the town of Rig. Your job is to head out and kill this monster to ensure the safety of nearby players and NPC travelers to make sure they will never have a fear for such a strong, terrible monster ever again." 

Kasier nodded and without a word, clicked on the accept button and walked away. She was here to complete the quest and there were no words needed. The quest would be done without question... It's just how much time it requires for her to approach the monster and finish her off. Last time she went on a quest with Stryder, it had taken a while to finish off the quest and she hoped it will not be the same this time.

"Let's go then."

@Stryder

• 3 weeks later...

(Sorry!!! Kept meaning to do it but kept not being home or doing stuff/slipping my mind, i'l try and be more consistent)

Smiling, he nodded, glad to be going out again. He followed her, listening to the quest lore and objective, which honestly scared him a little. He had hit a higher level, so he knew that he would be able to do a bit better then the last time they had fought together, but he knew that there was a good chanceh e still wouldn't be strong enough to finish this thing quickly..... It was the sad part about fighting with them, he felt like a let down most of the time..... But that would be over soon. Soon, he would be strong enough to finish enemies quickly.... Soon he might be strong enough to join the frontlines.... Soon.... 

"Well, i have all my potions, my armor, theres nothing else i really need.... So i'm ready!" He said to Kasier, grinning and pumping a fist into the air. He was very excited, and he wanted to prove himself worthy for the frontliner, the group he strived to be like... The ones protecting others.

@Kasier

ID: 87711
MD: 9
<<Howl>> Activated

Kasier looked at the once more before proceeding without talking. The man had said he was ready and she will take his word for it. Finally, after reaching the quest location, she warned him, "Alright, look. Apparently, the sand will make evasion and accuracy decrease as well as the boss's movements. It will be hard to hit it, so be prepared for anything. This might take a while. In addition, its poison will be dangerous to me." Finally, Kasier saw the serpent in the distance. The next thing she knew was the serpent charging forwards at her. She was able to activate howl really quick so the attention would be on her and Stryder would not be injured in the process of the battle. The mob, catching her by surprise with its speed, was able to strike her right in the chest. Luckily, she had enough mitigation to negate a lot of the damage, but what was bad was that she was already poisoned from a critical. Kasier sighed, the poison had come way faster than she expected it to. "Attack." Kasier gasped, standing up from the fallen position. Not only that, it appeared Stryder had picked up the poison as well. Luckily, Kasier had that healing mod that negates status effects.

HP List
[3] Kasier: 718/740 | EN: 74/74 || [Poison 4/5] [Regen: 3/3]
[0] Stryder: ?/? | EN: ?/? || [Poison 5/5]

Amphis Serpens: 175/175 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 45 || [Paralyze 1/1]

@Stryder

Edited by Kasier
Spoiler

ID# 87713 results:

Battle: 4+3-1-6-Hit

[3] Kasier: 718/740 | EN: 74/74 || [Poison 4/5]
[1] Stryder: 270/360 | EN: 26/36 || [Poison 4/5]

Amphis Serpens: 130/175 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 45 || [Paralyze 1/1]

Acupuncture - 10*3x9 - 90-45 - 45

Sky noticed how unevenful the walk was. He didn't know why, but neither of them really talked, well until they got close and she warned him about the risks. He shuddered, not liking the sound of being slowed down and having the issue of not being able to hit easily. But he didn't have to worry about that to much, upon seeing htis MASSIVE two headed serpent!!! He watched it, with insane speed slam into Kasier, knocking her down and he watched as her HP depleted, not much though, but still going down more then he had seen it before. Before he could react, a second head went flying into his chest, a fang cutting him deeply, and he saw himself get poisoned AND take some serious damage, though thankfully his armor soaked up a little of it... But not nearly enough. 

"Attack."

Grinning, he leapt up, bolting full speed at the Serpent, making sure to try and sandglide as he kept his feet light, and leapt as hard as he could while doing this, using his Acupuncture to deliver hits to all its vital joints, his hands flying like lighting as the beasts life bar went down a bit, leaping off it he landed, rolling back, the poison taking his health down even more.

@Kasier

• 2 weeks later...

<<Purify>> Used on Stryder

Kasier observed the man's actions as he leaped up and attacked the desert mob. It was obvious that he had gotten better at what damaging opponents and she hoped that the two would be able to defeat the mob and complete this quest faster than the quest that the two completed last time out with the bandits. That quest had taken a long time and she was not very happy that it had taken such a long time afterwards. Kasier sighed, shaking her head so she can snap back to attention. As a tank/healer hybrid, it was extremely easy for her to get sidetracked during combat as most of the time, she is not even needed. However, she cannot afford to do that for this battle. Instead, she needed to concentrate fully to keep the man safe from AoE attacks and status conditions. As a healer, she had no desire for anyone to die under her protection. Kasier looked at her inventory and clicked a few buttons, activating a light in her right hand as she tried out her new mod, <<Purify>>, a mod that removes status conditions from players.

"Alright, your status is done and I healed a bit as well. Luckily, I paralyzed it last turn, so we can have a turn of break."

HP List
[3] Kasier: 718/740 | EN: 64/74 || [Poison 3/5] [Purify CD: 2/2] [Regen: 2/3]
[1] Stryder: 313/360 (Purify 36 + Life Mending 7 = 43)  | EN: 26/36 || [Poison 0/5]

Amphis Serpens: 130/175 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 45 || [Paralyze 0/1]

@Stryder

Spoiler

ID# 88033 results:

Battle: 4+3-(-1)=6-Hit - Acupuncture 10*3x3-90

[3] Kasier: 718/740 | EN: 64/74 || [Poison 3/5] [Purify CD: 2/2] [Regen: 2/3]
[2] Stryder: 313/360 (Purify 36 + Life Mending 7 = 43)  | EN: 17/36 || 

Amphis Serpens: 85/175 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 45 || 

Sky had been worried, he had a poison affecting him!!! It was slowly taking away his HP, before he saw it vanish and his HP repleneishing, slowly recovering most of the damage that had been done to him!

"Alright, your status is done and I healed a bit as well. Luckily, I paralyzed it last turn, so we can have a turn of break."

Sky grinned, glad that he had a healer, and glad that this thing was paralyzed!!! He could hit it as hard as he wanted right now, and the break they had gotten was enough for her to heal him. He dashed in, leaping into the air and landing right on it, running along its neck, hitting all the pressure points with lighting fast hits before leaping off,the fox eyes on his necklace glowing as he landed, hitting one last point before leaping back to the safety of the tank. 

Its Health had gone down dramatically, he wa sure it was almost dead, one more good hit from him and it was all over!

@Kasier

ID: 88061
CD: 11
MD: 8
<<Field Medic>> Used

Kasier watched as the man managed to land a strike on the mob, surprisingly taking its health way down lower than she expected he would be able to. Kasier shrugged - it was obvious that the black-haired man was making plenty of progress in this game, but he wasn't the only person making progress. Kasier, herself, has recently managed to complete what she thought was the perfect healing build with maxed out first aid and all the mods except for the one that boosts party mitigation as she was a hybrid tank that will probably tank most of the time. When she does heal, however, she would heal when her party members are hit by an AoE. Supposedly, if everything goes well, she will be the perfect wall - able to protect her party from any sort of damage through her mitigation as well as her healing. It was perfect, but she was far from that dream land at the moment and she had plenty to grind out if she wanted to reach that point any time soon. Kasier sighed, 

"Alright, let me try out another new mod that I have yet to use." She said, putting her hand out as she watched the health bars of both players fill up completely to 100%. "Huh. Seems useful enough." Kasier said. It was a shame that the mod required a five turn cool down.

HP List

[3] Kasier: 740/740 (-1)(FM 148 + LM 29 = 177)
   EN: 55/74 (Natural 1 + Recovery 4 = 5) (LM 14) || [Poison 2/5] [Purify CD: 1/2] [Field Medic CD: 5/5] [Regen: 3/3]
[2] Stryder: 360/360 (FM 72 + LM 14 = 86)
   EN: 17/36 ||

Amphis Serpens: 40/175 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 45 ||

@Stryder

Edited by Kasier

Spoiler

ID# 88097 results:

Battle: 3+3+1(concentration)-1 - Hit - Acupuncture 10*3x3-90 90-45-45 DMG done

3] Kasier: 740/740 (-1)(FM 148 + LM 29 = 177)
   EN: 55/74 (Natural 1 + Recovery 4 = 5) (LM 14) || [Poison 2/5] [Purify CD: 1/2] [Field Medic CD: 5/5] [Regen: 3/3]
[3] Stryder: 360/360 (FM 72 + LM 14 = 86)
   EN: 8/36 ||

Amphis Serpens: 30/175 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 45 ||

Sky smiled as his health fully regenerated, turnign around to deal his finishing blow only to see he had misjudged its health, BIG TIME, it had almost half the damage he had just dealt still there in that stupid bar!! This brief moment of lapse almost cost him his initiative, though he quickly saw the flashing eyes of his fox, and dashed in, using the same sword art he had used this entrie fight, smashing its pressure poitns, before collapsing afterwards, jumping back away from the beast, its HP going VERY low now. He was worried, he didn't have much energy left!

"I haven't got enough energy left to finish it! Anyway you can rejuvinate it?" He calls out, insanely hoping she had this energy sharing skill he had heard rumors about. If he didn;t have it, he was going to need to sit out of the fight for a fewm inutes to regain enough to kill this bastard in one single hit, otherwise it might take him over thirty more hits!

@Kasier

OOC, i forgot about its mit, adjusted health in the previous post, my bad

ID: 88108
CD: 9
MD: 10
<<Howl>> Used

Kasier unleashed a massive howl once more as she noticed the monster shifting its eyes in the direction of the fragile damage dealer. It appeared that she wasn't the only one who managed to notice the detail and respond to it. Stryder pointed out that he was worried about the fact that he might get attacked soon and asked her to "rejuvenate" it. She assumed he meant for her to regain the attention of the mob boss so she went along with it despite the fact that the word was used completely out of context - it was not something worth pointing out in the middle of battle. Kasier frowned, however, at an earlier statement that the player was running out of energy severely. If Kasier had obtained that energy transfer skill which she thought of as a skill of unimportance, she would definitely help out. However, since she ignored that skill completely, she is unable to do so.

"Take a break from combat if needed. I can stand here all day no matter how I would like not to do that." Kasier said, taking a super critical from the mob - an AoE attack that poisoned both her and Stryder. "Well, this thing is a pest." Kasier said. Luckily, her purify mod cool down is complete so she can use it next turn.

HP List

[6] Kasier: 739/740 (DMG 70 + Crit 2 - MIT 89 = 1)
   EN: 60/74 (Nat 1 + Rec 4 = 5) || [Poison 5/5] [Field Medic CD: 4/5] [Regen: 3/3]
[3] Stryder: 290/360 (DMG 70)
   EN: 8/36 || [Poison 5/5]

Amphis Serpens: 30/175 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 45 || [Paralyze: 1/1]

@Stryder

Edited by Kasier
Spoiler

[6] Kasier: 739/740 (DMG 70 + Crit 2 - MIT 89 = 1)
   EN: 60/74 (Nat 1 + Rec 4 = 5) || [Poison 5/5] [Field Medic CD: 4/5] [Regen: 3/3]
[3] Stryder: 270/360 (DMG 20 From Poison)
   EN: 9/36 || [Poison 4/5]

Amphis Serpens: 30/175 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 45 || [Paralyze: 1/1]

Sky saw her ability activating, and while he expected his energy to just pop back up, it didn't, making him think she either didn't get what he had said, or didn't have the skill. He guessed it was her howl, though once she got hit, he saw a tail coming his way, smacking him backwards, hurling him a fair way away and taking down his health, and then it went down even more!!! He had been poisoned again. This thign was shaping to be a pain in the damn ass. He smiled when she said he could take a break. He just need a minute to rest, then he could come kill this thing!

"Don't worry, just buy me half a minute, a full minute tops" He said to her, staying a fair way back, letting his energy regenerate. He needed a tiny bit more, then he could hopefully take this thing out in a single hit! 

@Kasier

(Lmao I completely misread your last post mb)

ID: 88133
CD: 7
<<Purify>> Used

Kasier sighed, she noticed that Stryder had indeed taken a much needed break and she didn't blame him for it. Actually, she had kind of wished that she possessed that energy transferring skill at this point. However, it didn't seem that important or useful for her to spend the amount of skill points needed to complete that skill. Kasier looked at him, then back at the desert worm which was starting to be an extreme pest to her. She looked back once more having activated her new skill for the second time in the same combat and she was pleased with the effects that it provided. Although the mod heals far less than her actual first aid skill, she was able to remove the poison from Stryder and that was the most important aspect of the mod - the other healing effect was just there as a beneficial side effect. Without speaking, Kasier gave the man a thumbs up without looking at him, signaling that everything was well and perfect.

@Stryder

HP List

[6] Kasier: 739/740 (-20 Poison) (+20 Regen)
   EN: 55/74 (Nat 1 + Rec 4 = +5) (-10 Pur) || [Poison 4/5] [Field Medic CD: 3/5] [Purify CD: 2/2] [Regen: 2/3]
[3] Stryder: 313/360 (36 Pur + 7 Lm = +43)
   EN: 9/36 || [Poison: 0/5]

Amphis Serpens: 30/175 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 45 || [Paralyze: 0/1]

Edited by Kasier
Spoiler

ID# 88137 results:

Battle: 9-Crit Acupuncture - 10+1*3x3 = 99 - 45 = 54

[6] Kasier: 739/740 (-20 Poison) (+20 Regen)
   EN: 55/74 (Nat 1 + Rec 4 = +5) (-10 Pur) || [Poison 4/5] [Field Medic CD: 3/5] [Purify CD: 2/2] [Regen: 2/3]
[3] Stryder: 313/360 (36 Pur + 7 Lm = +43)
   EN: 9/36 || [Poison: 0/5]

Amphis Serpens: 0/175 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 45 || [Paralyze: 0/1]

Sky didn't sit down, he stayed on edge, the serpent didn't move, not an inch. He guessed that the tank paralyzed it again, which was a nice boon. He waited, and once his energy regenerated enough, he was about to dash back in, seeing his body light up and be regenerated. He grinned, noticing the poison effect leaving and his health regenerating. He quickly started his dash, with renewed strength. As he got close, he leaped at it, going WAY higher then he would normally have, flipping before landing on it, and smashing its vital points so hard that by the time he got his last one, the beast exploded into thousands of crystal shards, vanishing. He got an item too from the kill, Snake Venom. He looked at it, seeing it, without much suprising, giving a poison effect if he got a good hit in with his weapon. Kasier would have got the same message to.

"That was easier then last time!" He says with a cheer.

@Kasier

Stryder had been standing still and finally, Kasier watched some sort of movement from the black-haired man. He was ready to strike, and she knew it as well. The boss was low on health and they were finally done with the it. Despite the fact that it took longer than her average battles, she found it awfully fun to delay the battling process and enjoyed every part of it. In battles such as this, she feels that her build can actually be put to use. At the moment, she was still quite low in terms of mitigation as a tank/healer hybrid, however, if she continued to work hard, she will eventually reach her goal - immunity. At some point, she will have so much health and mitigation that she can no longer be dealt damage and that is what her goal is... to reach that state and become a wall on the front lines that heals the players behind her. She knew that it would be a difficult process becoming something like that, but in the end, it will be worth it for her and the front lines.

Kasier anticipated that a "quest complete" screen would pop up in front of her and indeed it had. Unfortunately, only one player would get the venom for the quest and as the game decided, it would go to Stryder. Not that she minded, of course. She was a healer and having such an item would only be a waste in her inventory as it would only be gathering dust. "That was easier than last time, and this time we faced a more powerful mob. I can tell you have been working hard." Kasier complimented, something that she has been trying harder to do more often.

@Stryder

(We both get the venom)

Sky was so proud of himself! They had done it! He had done it! He had managed to kill this strong mosnster! He felt like he had redeemed himself for his failure last time when they fought. He had done everything wrong, every attack, but had done it... Eventually. This time, he had only needed to take a single break, then he had finished the job! He smiled, looking towards her, and he heard her complement, which made him even more filled with joy! As he shouted, so happy, he realized how different he was then his normal self. He had changed a lot in this game, he had come in a shy and scared guy, but now here he was, so happy!

"Thanks, i'm trying to be strong enough to make a difference here.... Though i know i'm no where near strong enough.... This is easily one of the most challenging quests iv done in a long time" He happily exclaims.

@Kasier

Kasier looked at her inventory once more, and that was when she realized a new item in her inventory. She had made a mistake in that she had accidentally overlooked the fact that she had received the quest item as well despite the fact that she had not landed the last hit. Kasier shrugged, she'll take it and save it for later in case any DPS is in need of damage with her as a healer. Of course, Kasier would never have any use for the item unless she maxed out her tanking skills and go on to her DPS build - which would not be for a long time. She sighed, closing her inventory and looking at the black-haired man as he claims that he's trying to make a difference. It sounded like the basic ambition of every single low-leveled player that she has ever met, but she knows as well as anyone that ambitions change,

"Making a change... That's a good goal. But remember, right now, you are low-leveled and as you grow in level, you grow in power. There have been multiple people in the past that started with the same goal as you only to end up as a sorry mop of a player who strives only for power and selfish gains. I guess a famous quote is, with great power comes great responsibility, and that responsibility to is to keep it in check and prevent corruption no matter how powerful you become. Remember that and continue to be who you are, right now." Kasier exclaimed, turning around and walking back towards the safe zone,

"Well, I'm heading back, then." Kasier said, beginning to walk, picking up her feet heavily, weighed down by the sand.

@Stryder

Sky actually shuddered a slight part.... She was right, he had to keep himself careful. Those words hit hard from her, because while he didn't particularly know her well, she had a good point and she was up there.... If he wasn't careful he could become a selfish player who would just do everything for self gain... He wanted to make a difference, he wanted to help the ones who weren't happy here. He was happy, but some others wanted to go home... And the only way to do that is to go to the top floor and escape this helish world.

"I'l keep that in mind Kasier... Thanks" He replied, his fear turning into a bright smile. He was glad he knew her, she was someone he could tell would be helpful to him. He would eventually get to the frontlines, and when he got there he had a good feeling he would see her there. Before then they might meet, but...... Well, he had something to work towards. He watched as she walked off, smiling.

"Don't you worry, i'l stay who i am" He called out, promising her that before heading into the floor a bit to try and gain some more experience.

-----

QUEST FINISHED

Rewards

Kasier - 4 SP (3 Quest, 1 Page) 200 Col (Page) - Snake Venom

Stryder - 4 SP (3 Quest, 1 Page) 200 Col (Page) - Snake Venom

Snake Venom 

Spoiler

<<Snake Venom>> A coating which grants a weapon a poison effect which activates on a critical hit, dealing 4 damage for 10 turns to an enemy. Lasts for one thread. Takes a post action to apply.

@Kasier