(F2-PP) On the warpath <Breaking the Unbreakable>

Spoiler

Stryder 360/360 HP, 32/36 ENG, 3 ACC, 1 EVA, 18MIT

Ember, 10/20 HP, 1/2 ENG - Stunned 

Ember was lost, the girl Stryder had been chatting to was no where to be seen. In her place, an emotional animal of rage and hatred. Of course, this rage meant she was unable to react to his attack and was pummeled hard! She found herself on the ground clutching her stomach, although, the pain didn't feel real, she had flinched all-the-same. She let out an angry yell, but found she...couldn't move?! Had she been winded? It was the only explanation, or....A stun. Yet another game mechanic screwing with her. And yet, despite that, her rage seemed to quell, if only slightly. The stun meant she couldn't move her body. "T-the hell? Why can't i move!" She yelled up at Stryder, not caring he had gone orange. She didn't feel a fear of death, she had seen that kids eyes. He wouldn't kill her, didn't have the balls for it. 

She hated how powerless she felt, loathed it. She had promised herself she'd never be weak again, now to be shown up by some kid. It pissed her off, even more when she realized he was right! In this world, she wasn't herself. She glared up at him with rage and anger, but within that burning emotions, in her eyes, some sanity returned. "...Ok fine....Stupid game has rules i have to obey...Doesn't make them not stupid..." She grumbled, clearly still angry but aware she was 'in the wrong'. Her emotions had started to come down, but that didn't mean she had to like it

Spoiler

ID# 87796 results:

Battle: 1- Crit fail

Rock: 17/50

Sky turned towards the rock punching it, though as he did he faltered, feeling a small amount worn out from that strike he had done against Ember. He had meant to be brutal, it felt like the only way to get through to her! He sighed, turning back and looking at her stunned figure.

"Your stunned, it will wear off in a minute. As for the rules, yes, they may be stupid, but your stuck learning them and playing by them. The whole world works by these rules, and if you learn them, if you learn how to use them, they will work for you, not against you" He said, noticing her stun wearing off. He walked over to her, offering a hand up, if she would accept it. His voice was still serious as he said this, not sugercoating it.

"If you want, im happy to teach ya, im happy to help you get to the point where you won't be put on your ass so easily by 'some kid'" He said to her with a smile, his carefree attitude returning, and his smile shining brightly. 

Stryder was right, dammit! It pissed her off more than anything, more than being knocked on her ass. He was right, this game was a new world and one she had to adapt to. Regardless of her outside of the game, that was the reality of her situation. She had refused to shift, going her own way, and now she had to pay the price. Much like a mountain trial, you pick a certain route and pay the price for it. Sometimes it was good, other times bad. This was one of those bad times. She grabbed his hand and pulled herself up, anger still flurished over her features, but also that understanding that...well, she needed him...for now. 

"You got a deal kid, but just a heads up..." She leans in, and slips her leg behind Stryders knee. "Next time you lay a hand on me, i'm going to kick your ass" She shoved him, tripping him over her leg and into the ground. She smirked down at him, it seems that despite game mechanics, some things she knew how to do remained the same. She offered him her hand, much like he had done moments ago "Now, how's this for a bargain, let me borrow those gloves of yours and lets put this, crap, behind us eh?"

Edited by Embers

Sky heaved her up, only to get knocked onto his ass! Though unlike her, who had spazed out and gotten furious he simply laughed, grabbed her hand and being hauled up by the strong girl. He grinned, and delivered a powerful kick the the rock, once again halfing it in size. He loved his gloves... they have him so much extra strength!

Spoiler

ID# 87804 results:

Battle: 6

Rock: 7/50

"Long as you hit the rock this time, and give'm back sure thing" He said, grinning back towards her. "You better get strong enough if ya wanna kick my ass next time" He laughs, smiling as he opened his inventory to take off his gloves, waiting to see if she was going to do better. He was glad that they had managed to shatter that little ice wall that they had just entered, and now that they cleared it.... Hopefully it meant that they would be closer, and maybe even become friends.

Spoiler

Id: 87811

Bd: 10 (Crit +2). Damage: 3

Rock: 4/50

Embers had to wonder how much experience Stryder had put into his Martial Arts ability, and how much the gloves helped with that. She watched as he, once again, hit the rock hard. She knew that had had done a lot more than she had in terms of damage ont he rock, but he had offered to help so she wouldn't say no to it. She dreaded to think how long this would have taken alone.

"I'll give 'em back, don't worry Kid. I ain't no thief by deceit. If i want something, i take it" She said bluntly, and with all the threats it implied. Given her firey and violent attitude, it woudln't be too hard to imagine she used her fists to do the talking in the real world. She charged forwards and hit the rock, making a nice crack in the middle of it, and a grin on her face. There we go, finally! While she may be controlled by the game, some things didn't change, and this was one. Her skills that she'd learn through bar-fights and brawls, some things never leave you behind. 

Edited by Embers

Sky smiled, he could tell she was being sincere, and besides, if she wasn't, he would just stun her again and stop her from doing anything until she gave them back, they wre currently his prized posession, he wasn't about to let them get taken.... That and Starshield, though that wasn't equipped right now... Though he should give it a try. He smiled, unequipping his gloves and handing them to her.

- Starlit Waves unequipped, given to Embers

"They will enhance your strength, not as much as they do me, but it should be enough to help ya" He said, smiling before turning around, deciding to let her deal the last few hits. There was no point for him to do much else, he just needed to head over towards the cliff, and look out to see something coming... Something he didn't exactly, want to see.... A direwolf, followed by one of its friends.... He grinned, cracking his neck and starting to head down the cliff, not worried. He waited at the top, they were running up, so he should have tim to get his gloves back before they got here, which would be nice.

The girl looked at the Gaunlets that were given to her, and equipped them. They did fit, which at first surprised her, before she realized the likelyhood that all Armour adapted to the wielder. She would need to get some, and a better Axe. She had seen a player with a Scythe, and knew that was the style of weapon she'd use. Of course, to get either, she needed money. And levels. 

The girl cracked her knuckles as she eye'd the rock up. Finally she'd break it in half. She took a step towards it "They'll do for now. Although, at some point i probably should find myself a pair, as well as a weapon to replace the axe on my back" She said, taking in a deep breath before spotting Stryder had become distracted. She joined him on the side and snickered at the sight. Was that some sorta wolf or something? What was it doing all the up here on a mountain? 

"The wolf is yours" she said care-freely, heading back towards the rock "Oh, and if you die, i call shotgun on looting you" She had a smirk, a dark joke, but a joke non-the-less.

Edited by Embers
Spoiler

ID# 87829 results:

Battle: 9 - Crit. Leaping Crane 7+1*7x1- 56

Stryder - 360/360 HP 26/36 ENG 3 ACC 1 EVA 18 MIT 7 DMG

Dire Wolf - 124/180 60 DMG - Stunned

ID# 87831 results:

MOB: 5-1 - Miss

Sky couldn't help but let out a large laugh as she said that. Him, die? And if he died she was looting his body? He couldn't help but just laugh about it, they both knew if he died she would be next. He shrugged, watching the smaller wolf slip and fall to its death. He was a little upset by it, it was a horrible way to go, but the Dire wolf didn't do that. Cracking his neck, Sky leapt into the air, and as he jetted down the mountain he kicked the wolf with his Leaping Crane, delivering reduced damage then he was used to. Due to his gloves not being on.... Messed with his strength a litle, still the impact was enough to send the wolf into a tree on a clearing, and onto a flat bit of ground which Sky went to.

"Puppies like you should stay home..." He says, grinning with a devilish grin.

Spoiler

ID: 87833

BD: 7 <Hit> DMG: 1 (+3) = 4

Rock: 0/50

Rock defeated

Embers watched Stryder charge down the hill, but walked back. He had his battle, and she had her own. That rock, the only obstacle between her and being able to use her hands in this game. She closed and opened her hand, testing out the new gloves. They seemed to be fine. She charged forwards, once again pulling a feint out of nothing more than instinct, diving in and landing a good blow against the rock. It split in half and exploded. Embers grinned widely, there we go! She rolled her shoulders, victory. 

The girl walked into the shed, and checked her skills.. There is was, Martial Arts. She'd nailed it. She let out a breath, before remember the Kid wanted his gloves back, and slowly made his way towards him.  

Edited by Embers
Spoiler

ID# 87834 results:

Battle: 2+3+1(Concentration)-Hit Acupuncture 7*3x3- 63

Stryder - 360/360 HP 16/36 ENG 3 ACC 1 EVA 18 MIT 7 DMG

Dire Wolf - 61/180 60 DMG - Stunned

The quest cleared image appeared in front of him, the rock having finally been shattered. He smiled, walking towards the puppy dog that was wimpering at his feet. He grinned, dashing in and going to attack. The sun shone brightly into his face, blinding him, but he quickly activated his concentration skill, managing to hone in, and he used his Acupuncture sword art, delivering many hits along the vital points along the dire wolf, of which he had defeated DOZENS of. He found this a litttle.... to easy. He jumped back, ready for the stun he had inflicted to wear off.

"Your turn boy" He taunted, getting a VERY angry growl from the dire wolf, which was now standing on its feet, flashing its teeth at him. He didn't mind fighting so much.... It was an easy way to make some quick col or some nice items he could try and get turned into some cool stuff. Normally, this wolf would be dead by now, but he had given his gloves to Fire for now, and until he got them back this was gonna be harder.

She'd done it, she'd successfully managed to crack it. She wondered where the hell the Kid had gone off too, he had ran down the mountain or something? On the bright side, if he did die, she had the gloves already to go. Would be a shame, but far from the end of the world for her. It took her several moments to find him, fighting that wolf thing. She began making her way down, but opting to take a pathway down. She didn't feel too comfortable leaping yet , although she would soon. After all, adventure was part of her soul and she'd get there one way or another, but choice or not. 

'When born within fire, you have to allow the flame to erupt. For if you smother it, there is no return'. It was something some councilor had told her once during a visit when her dad was triyng to find ways to connect with her. While too poetic for the girls personal taste, it had been the start to the real relationship between her and her father. They shared blood, that being of adventure. She smiled as the memory as she made her way to Stryder, but didn't get involved in the fight "You know, something tells me this is basically bullying at this point" she snickered at him

Spoiler

ID# 87870 results:

Battle: 2+3-Miss

Stryder - 317/360 HP 16/36 ENG 3 ACC 1 EVA 18 MIT 7 DMG

Dire Wolf - 61/180 60 DMG 

ID# 87871 results:

MOB: 9CRIT

Sky grinned, walking up towards the wolf, his eyes completely focused.... At least were. He heard Fire's voice, making him turn, and the wolf used this opportunity to strike!!! Before he could react, Sky felt a claw tear right through him, and the impact sent him flying backfirst into a rock, a loud 'thud' audiable from where Fire was, though he shook it off, standing up and looking at the wolf. If Fire looked closely enough, she might see his spark. He wasn't pissed off, he wasn't angry, but if she looked she might see him.... Enjoying the fight. 

This is a game... Hell if im not gonna have fun!
He cracked his neck, walking towards the Direwolf, which growled viciously at him, smiling as he walked towards it, eyes death staring it. The wolf dind't back down, having just dealt a big blow to him, and thinking it was strong enough to actually kill him. It was't, no where near. He knew he could win, that was the first hit he had taken, he was fine.

That look on the kids face. She knew that look, it was one she had seen many a times in photos or mirrors. It mirrored her own face in a fight. Maybe this kid was worth some effort. He couldn't burn like her, no one could burn like her. But, he wasn't a lost cause either. Maybe he could be an ally, a battle-partner even. She had someone like that back home, who butted heads with her every day. They fought often, both verbally and physically, and they loved every moment of it. Stryder wasn't nearly on his level, but he was the best option she had. 

The girl simply watched the fight, analysis the fight. Stryder had a lot of skill in game, but lacked certain movements. He fought in game, but outside, she knew she'd win. But, like the kid had said, this wasn't the real world anymore. This was a game, with its own rules and systems. Ones she had no choice but to obey, but that didn't mean she was unable to do her own style. She unequipped the gloves that Stryder had let her borrow and made a fist with her hand. If he took too long to kill this wolf, she'd just have to step in and do it for him.  

Spoiler

ID# 87887 results:

Battle: 9 Crit - 7+1*3x3 -72

Stryder - 317/360 HP 16/36 ENG 3 ACC 1 EVA 18 MIT 7 DMG

Dire Wolf - 0/180 60 DMG 

ID# 87889 results:

MOB: 5-1 - Miss

STAFF NOTE - Net lagged and it rolled twice, taking first roll out of fairness.

LOOT ROLL

Spoiler

ID# 87891 results:

Loot: 1 - No additional Loot

180*3 - 540 Col

Sky wasn;t about to amke the same mistake twice. This time when the cocky wolf tried to bite him, Sky quickly grabbed its muzzle, shutting it and slamming it into the ground. The next three seconds went quick, Sky's hands glowing blue as he wacked into all the wolves joints, and before the end of the three seconds it exploded, a message appearing in front of Sky saying he got some col. He was a little upset that he didn't get anything else, but eh, he got what he got, nothing more, nothing less. He looked over at Fire, noticing her watching him fight. He wondered what she thought of him.... He would find out eventually, and once he helped her get to his stage, she might be able to be a good sparring partner.... Eventually.

"Good job shattering that rock" He called out to her, smiling as he happily collapsed, deciding to lay down on the clearing for a little while.

Stryder successfully dispatched the wolf and then, crashed on the ground? The girl raised an eyebrow, but oped not to say nothing. She was, of course, passing judgement on him however. His fighting style, in her eyes, was pathetic. He took too many hits, opened himself up to easy counters far too easily. Had this been the real world, she'd be able to beat him half drunk. But, like the kid said, this wasn't her world. This was a world governed by a bunch of numbers, and right now, his style could be as sloopy as he wanted. She couldn't punish him for it. 

The girl unequipped his gloves and threw them onto his chest "Cheers for these" She said as she took a deep breath and made a fist with her hand "Well, something tells me that was pretty damn good. Outside of the fact i'm going to kick your ass for decking me that one time" She wasn't going to let that go. Someone like her, who burned like a star, would never forget what Stryder had done, nor her desire for vengence. 

She? Kick his ass? He couldn't help but laugh at her, he had completely dropped her onto the ground with no remorse, and he doesn't deny it, but it was the only way he thought of to get through to her, she was different then most of the people he met who would listen to a kind word. She needed to be put into her place, and that was the only way he could think of to do it 

"You? Kick my ass? Not here, not anytime soon Fire. If you can ever get to the point where you can survive my strongest attacks head on, i'l give you that chance in a duel where neither of us can die, but until then, time for you to come relax" He called out to her before yawning loudly, closing his eyes and slowly drifting off into a slumber, before he quickly woke himself up, sitting up and looking out over the mountain ranges. 

Wonder what she will become.... Friend? Foe? Something more? Or will she be in the middle, as a rival?

Was he right? Yes, and she had to stop herself from yelling at him for it. She couldn't stand up to him in this world yet, but soon. Soon she'd catch up to his level, and when she did. Oh the sweet suffering she'd inflict upon him would be wonderful. She'd return vengence upon him, 4 times over what he did to her this day. But for now, he should remain ignorant of her vengeance. She watched as he started to doze off?! How could he be tired, this was barely an adventure! Merely a minor trip, nothing of excitement! Oh she'd whip him into shape soon enough, if he wanted to keep up with her. Her had one hella-challenge ahead of him. One he couldn't comprehend. 

"I'm surprised you haven't called me up on being insane" She said, an odd calmness to her voice "I'm not actually the most normal gal around..." She said, as if she Wasn't stating an obvious fact. She threw a glare at him "You're not gunna say nothing about it? That i'm reckless and compulsive?" 

He laughed when she brought up being insane, and reckless, and compulsive. He couldn't judge her for it at all. HIs reasons were his own, but he was going to help her ease up a little. He didn't care that much about her being not normal, he if everyone was normal it would be crap.

"Why would i call you on being insane? I don't know you well enough yet. Sure, you tried to attack me, a experienced player and got knocked on ya ass, and sure you might seem eager to run into a fight, but your not stupid" He said, laughing lightly. "If you haven't noticed i'm not the judging type, hell i like to sit around and relax like this for no reason, people might call me lazy, i call it living" He said, again laughing lightly. He looked over towards her, yawning before sitting up, the breeze blowing his coat all over the place and his hair flailing in the wind.

Well, if he had something going for him, he was easy to get alone with. This kid, Stryder, Fly-boy, was pretty chilled out. She didn't smile when he said he didn't judge, partly because if he did, she didn't care enough for that judgement to change her. She had asked because she wanted to know if he was one of those that stuck around, or fled from her inferno. From the looks of it, he may indeed be staying around. Time would tell, after all, maybe he could stand near the flames for only so long before he got wiped out. Only time would tell. 

The wind that blew Stryders hair also caught Embers hair, and it got in front  of her face. She just sighed as she pushed it out the way behind her shoulders. She loved her hair, but her hair and wind never seemed to get along together. Still, she had her Martial Arts unlocked. It was something she could work with, now she just needed some more levels and this world would bow, or burn. 

Sky yawned, finally fulling drifting off into a rest. He wasn't worried, no PKER's hung around this floor, and he was ina secluded part of the mountain. He had someone who, if stuck around, would wake him up... He hoped, if something happened. He wasn't worried at all. He was a little upset that Vargas didn't show up.... He had wanted to finally actually talk to the guilds tank, but neitherless he was going to do his best to help Fire out. Something about her.... He liked it, he liked the fact that she didn't seem to shy away, she seemed even more insane then he thought he was himself, but not in a bad way. He felt like she could become a great friend!

Well, time will show what she becomes, friend or foe, rival or more. Only time will tell, and i'l be waitin for it, waiting for the moment she becomes whatever she is destined to be

--------------------

Ember

3 SP - 2 Page - 1 Quest

400 Col

Martial arts skill

Stryder

2 SP - 2 Page

940 Col - 400 Page, 540 Mob kill