{PP-F2} Bringing in a little muscle <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

Pinball was still quite upset with the recent turn of events. He had spent a good amount of time climbing a mountain to find a Extra Skill, only to quit the quest not even halfway into it. He was back at Floor 2's main city, looking for somebody, anybody to help him. Well, anyone who seemed strong enough to help him. He didn't feel like finding a fellow newbie, only to spend a surplus amount of time sucking together. It probably wouldn't be the best idea, seeing as they would both only do 1 base damage with their fists. Plus, the thing was practically an immortal object, which couldn't help their luck. PLUS plus, what with the crappy accuracy of newbies, they'd probably miss just as often as they hit it, which would also end up making them stay longer than they needed to. Still, two people were better than one, and he wasn't going to be terribly picky with who he chose. The thought amused him, two noobs in starting gear flailing about, trying to break a boulder with their fists. Despite himself, he chuckled. He stared at the sky a bit, with a rather weak smile on his face. Back to business, he thought. He unfolded his arms and stuck them in his pocket, and started wandering the city, his head on a swivel. He was on the lookout for somebody, and did little to hide the fact. He wouldn't rest until he finally broke that boulder, felt the rock splitting underneath his fist. And for the first time in a good while, Pinball grinned.

@Stryder

Edited by Pinball

Sky smiled as he appeared on the second floor, the warp gate havign just taken him from the fifth floor back to here. He looked at the sky, seeing a beautiful sight, the sky, clear and crystal. He loved this place.... He always had, it was just... so special. He loved it!!! He couldn't help it, it was just.... There was something about this place, but his view was broken when he saw a tag, soneone from his guild?? He couldn't help it but to walk around, seeing if he could find who it was. He hadn't met everyone yet, and he was the crown prince, which was kinda pathetic. 

It wasn't long before he saw who the tag belonged to, Pinball. He found it strange, but he walked over to him, his gentlemen's suit being cloaked by a black jacket. He had no weapons on him, and a necklace of a a fox aorund his neck if you looked close enough. 

"Hey, i don't think iv met you before. The Name's Stryder!" He said, extending a hand to him for a shake. He smiled, glad that he could finally meet other people after it having been so long, he wanted to meet others.

Pinball whirled around at the sound of the man's voice. His hand was outstretched, introducing himself as Stryder. Well, that was certainly fast, the boy thought. He hadn't expected to actually find anyone nearly that fast, plus, He hadn't expected anyone to initiate conversation with him. He hadn't met him before, but the way he openly introduced himself told Pinball that he should have. He took a guess and assumed that Stryder was apart of the guild he had recently been invited to, the Emerald Harbingers. Without accepting his handshake, he leaned in close, poking Stryder in the chest. "I need your help, man. Really, really bad." Pinball normally wouldn't have been so rude in greeting, but he was impatient. He had to get something done, or he wouldn't ever succeed as a player. It was something that needed to get done, or Pinball would never rest easy.  "I'm sure you've heard of it... I need some help with breaking a certain boulder."

Edited by Pinball

The sudden rudeness took Sky back a little, his hand had been ignored and the bugger had poked him hin the chest, begging him to help with something? He blinked, wondering what, then he heard the boulder. He couldn't help but laugh out loud, he was having issues with the same thing he did when he got his fighting style, it was a brutal quest.

"Slow down chap, First, ya gotta introduce yourself. Your in the Emerald Harbingers, gotta show that we are a good guild. The names Stryder. Whats yours?" He asked, giving Pin a light punch on the shoulder, it was soft, morel ike a tap, as in a greeting. He didn't know what level, or position this guy held in the guild, but he wasn't about to say his. He didn't like saying he was the Crown Prince.... Sure, he was proud of it, but.... He felt it was wrong to go around saying that was what he was....  He didn't want to be viewed as the higher up, he wanted to be viewed as a an equal, as a friend, if he went around saying his rank he wouldn't get that....

Pinball wasn't at all surprised by his reaction. He himself would have reacted in a similar manner, if Pinball hadn't ignored the person all together. He was a bit embarrassed when the guy laughed, though.  He decided he was better off ignoring it along with what he believed to be a friendly punch. It wouldn't do to come off as any more aggressive than he already had; he didn't want anyone in the guild to dislike him that quickly. He took a deep breath, swallowed his pride, and spoke, though his face took on a red shade as he introduced himself. "I'm Pinball. I still don't really know how the guild thing works, though," he said, straightening himself. Pinball took a breath, then continued. "Anyways, about that boulder thing..." He trailed off, assuming Stryder would get his meaning. He needed the help, and his desperation showed quite clearly on his face. He didn't bother trying to mask his intentions, as he usually would.  At the moment, nothing mattered more to Pinball than getting this Martial Arts skill. 

Well, it was better.... At least he got a name this time. He sighed, deciding he would need to teach this guy some manners eventually. Maybe while he helped he could drill it into him. He didn't want to be cruel, but he wanted the Harbingers to have a good reputation! They already had low members considered to other guilds, and he didn't want someone seeing him acting like this.... Anyway, he sighed, patting his head before nodding.

"I'l help ya, but stop being rude please. I can explain the guild if you need me to, i'm guessing you know where to go to find the martial arts area?" He asked, not wanting to take him the path he had taken.... He had made the mistake of CLIMBING the mountain instead of walking the path, and while it was harder, it was also a lot more rewarding then simply taking the asy way. He wondered if he was planning to main it like he had, if so he might have a little apprentice in the guild, he had no idea. He smiled, wondering how it was going to go. 

"Who introduced you in if i may ask?" He asked, guessing that if it was Atzo it was a question out of the blue.

OOC: @Pinball said I could join.

Somehow, Kaya found herself on the 2nd floor. She's only just begun this death game that was SAO and she's already on the 2nd floor.... and she's still level 1. As she wandered the streets of Urbus, she happened to notice two players conversing. Most the most part, they weren't really talking about anything interesting except for one particular thing. "Chap." An English word not commonly used elsewhere. Intrigue by the possibility that this person could be an Englishman just like her.

She slowly trudged towards the two. He head looking down and away from them. She was shy. she's never met these people before, but if she wanted to survive, she has to expand her network. "H-hi... if you don't mind me asking... Are you English?" Her English accent spewed out of her mouth heavily. There was no hiding that she's a foreigner in Japan, so better to accept it.

Edited by Kaya

Pinball turned to face the new voice, a bit shocked to hear English in a Japanese game. It was painfully obvious that the girl wasn't Japanese, with her heavy accent. He decided to respond in English. "I'm actually from Florida," he said, forgetting Stryder for the most part, offering his hand and then just as quickly stuffing it back in his pocket. "My name's Pinball. Nice to meet you.." He looked to Stryder, wondering how he would react to the new person. He had only just met Stryder himself, so Pinball wasn't quite able to predict what he would say. Pinball mulled over the arrival of the new player. He quickly came to the conclusion that it was indeed the more the merrier, and that this quest would be a hell of a lot easier with three people. He leaned back, lost in thought, waiting for Stryder to introduce himself.

"H-hi... if you don't mind me asking... Are you English?"

Sky was more then suprised upon hearing that! It was rare that anyone asked anything personal in this game, as in games in general, it was just.... No, not going to happen. Poeple don't ask personal questions in a game, but, this isn't a game. Its SAO, its a death game, and everyone they meet here is real. He smiled, watching Pinball being polite, making him a little happier. 

He turned towards her, smiling.

"Well sort of. I was born in Australia, but my parents have taken me to England once or twice" He said, smiling. That was one thing he had enjoyed about his parents, they often took him on trips during holidays, even though for only a week, it got him away from a lot and he picked up a lot of neat stuff! Once of those pick ups happened to be SAO, but that had been a longer stay.

"The name's Stryder, nice to meet you" He said, his aussieness coming out this time around. He smiled, making sure he didn't seem threatening to the new level players.

"F-florida and Australia huh? I-I've been there before. I'm... Kaya." Her voice trailed off as she closed herself up more. This was too much attention. Even just two people. "If only there was another girl here, it'd make things easier." she thought as she tries letting out a welcoming smile. It seemed completely fake, but that's mostly because she's freaking out inside. She's VERY shy and she really needed more friends and allies in this game. "I'm from England." she says as she facepalms herself internally. She clenches her fist as she grew a little angry at herself.  "They knew that already. Why she said that still was just plain stupid. Ugh.. maybe these guys can be good allies," she thought as tries to keep eye contact with the two. "So... what are you guys talking about? I heard something about a boulder quest? I need more experience in this game... mind if I join?" Her voice still felt frail, but there was some more confidence in it before.

Pinball resisted the urge to smile. She was shy, and not many would understand that as well as he, though its not too obvious when he puts on a front. Her nervousness far surpassed his own, he noted. He tried mimicking Stryder's friendly smile, though Pinball was certain it came out as more of a toothy grin. "W-well, I was just roping this guy-" he pointed at Stryder, "- into helping me out with aforementioned boulder quest. I need help getting the Extra Skill from it... Though from what I hear only the ones who initiate the quest would get the skill." He sighed. "In this case it would be me, but you're more than welcome to tag along if you want to. I'm sure it'll be... interesting." Pinball looked to Stryder. "Do you happen to know any easier way to get to the quest point? It was a really tiring climb last time I went. Would hate to have to climb that mountain the same way again."

"Nope, guess that means we're walking. I'm Kaya, by the way." She let out a slight grin. She was still shy, but maybe one day she could be more herself around these people.

As they walked up the path going up to the quest, kaya kept her head on a swivel. Her large scythe in hand, she was ready for anything that jumped out. Ready to react and maybe run away. Fight... mmm not so much. She's still only a lowly level 1 player so there is a large chance for her to dying. As they got closer to the place, the road became steeper and steeper. Eventually, it became a real struggle just to get up one step. "Who's idea was it to put the start of this quest on top a of a mountain?!?!?!" Kaya thought to herself as she trudged along the path. It was as tough as what pinball had said. "This better be worth the hike." She muttered to herself.

(Sorry bout not posting XD School is keeping me busy)

Sky didn;t have a quick way up the hill. He had walked up it every now and then, but he never really had any mind of looking for shortcuts. He stayed quiet, thinking about the two in front of him. One in his guild, the other not. He didn't know the girl.... He hadn't seen her before, but she looked like hse was freshly out of the town of beginnings, and especially nervous, seeing her walking aorund holding a massive Scythe in her hand. 

"Kaya was it? You don't need to be so scared, this floor isn't difficult" He said, giving her a reassuring smile. He wasn't worried, he was confident in being able to protect them if osmething happened. He wasn't having much issue with the walk, livign on this floor gave him quite the experience in walking these hills daily for both pleasure and training. It was good.

@Kaya @Pinball

Since Pinball had managed to struggle up the mountain once before, the climb wasn't as bad as the first time. Hard, yes, but not quite as difficult as his first hiking attempt. This time, he knew where to go, where to turn or go straight. They managed to find the Boulder relatively easily, though the hike took its toll on Pinball. Walking up to the Boulder, Pinball couldn't help himself to a frown and a glare, though that quickly changed to a wicked smile. With both Stryder and Kaya, the giant rock wasn't going to last nearly as long as it had when it was just him. This boulder was going to be broken in half by the end of the day, that's for sure. He was finally going to prove to himself that the lump of rock was in fact completely breakable. He had brung in a little muscle.

Soon enough, the unlikely trio finally makes their way to the top. While the two boy seemed to perfectly fine, or at least close to it, Kaya on the other hand, laid flat on the ground, huffing and puffy as if she just ran a marathon. "We better break this rock, I swear." She said softly under a whisper as she stared up to the sky. The sky seemed closer than it was when they first left. "Right so let's get started?" She said as she flicked her fingers in the air and quickly unequipped her basic of basic two handed scythe. As soon as she finishes, she jumps up to her two feet. As she waited for the other two, she starts moving around like a boxer, swinging her fist left and right. You'd think she knows what she's doing - she doesn't. A gleeful grin broke from her mouth, she was excited since she's never done this quest before in her entire career of this game - which really doesn't amount to much.

@Stryder @Pinball

Edited by Kaya

Sky didn't complain at all for the journy, and once at the top simply smiled, looking at the hermits hut and the rock, which as of right now was an immortal object. He needed to accept the quest before he could really break it. He didn't change any of his gear, just taking off his jacket and cloak and putting them on the ground, stretching in his suit. He really wanted to get rid of this thing, it made him feel WAY to formal.

"Pin, go accept the quest so we can get started" He said to him, smiling as he started punching the air. He was practicing his own martial arts, his fighting style being heavily focused on using the martial arts skills.... Well, COMPLETELY focused on using the Martial Arts skills. He lauched a series of quick rights, then a left, before going back to his stance, and ducking, throwing a brutal jab, before he practiced the motions for his Acupunture sword art, striking the various general pressure points of an imaginary person. 

"Little tip, don't hit so hard you get launched back, its a nasty way back up" He says to the two, grinning a little.

Pinball watched Stryder for a moment, oopen mouthed. Just from the way he swung at the air, Pinball knew he had chosen the right person for the job. He nodded at Stryder, and stepping up to where the NPC gave his quest, accepted. The old man quickly painted his face with the paint. It seemed there was a twinkle in the old NPC's eyes, something that said he knew about his previous failure. That's ridiculous, Pinball thought. He's just an NPC, after all. Not capable of truly remembering anything... right? Out of habit, he rubbed his cheeks, where the whiskers were supposedly painted. It was already dry. Pinball silently stepped up to the boulder, and took a wild punch... and he stumbled, missing the boulder completely. As quick as that, he decided he should let someone else take a swing. Pinball stepped back, his face red from the failure. "Kaya, you're up," he said, refusing to make eye contact with anybody.

*** ID# 87295 *** 

BD: 5 - MISS

No dmg to <BOULDER> done. 

BOULDER: 50/50

Edited by Pinball

Kaya, gave Stryder a confused look as she slightly tilted her head and rested her index finger on her chin. Stryder had said something about punching, but the rest of it went pass her head. Giving it a little bit more thought, she eventually just entirely gave up on trying to figure out what he said. Especially since the quest finally started.

Looking to Pinball, the lead on this quest. The starting player for hitting this boulder, he completely misses. How do you miss a rock? A boulder, might I add? Well, it didn't really bother Kaya too much. She was just mostly focused on hitting the rock. As she stood there, she looked down to her fist, clenched tightly as if it was another rock. She's never punch anyone or anything before, but there's always a first. Looking at the boulder, she began to charge at it. She raised her fist while yelling "AAAHHH" As she hits the rock, she just suddenly stops. It was painful. How can anyone do this? she puts her back to the boulder and turns to the two. Her eyes teary as she looked at her hand. She said nothing, however. She said she was going to help them with the quest, and she's seeing it through.

ID# 87367 results: Battle: 8

Boulder 49/50

@Stryder @Pinball

Edited by Kaya
Spoiler

ID# 87368 results:

Battle: 5+3-Hit

Boulder 39/50

Sky couldn't help but laugh as he watched Pinball miss the rock, keeping it as muffled as he could. It wasn't an insulting laugh, but more of a 'i know your pain' laugh. When he had done this, he had gotten up here at sunrise, and had left at sunset. It hadn't been an easy journey, but he had managed, and now he had his martial arts skill which kept him alive with ease. He looked at the rock, which he had once smashed into a million little pieces. He walked up to it, throwing a light punch before delivering a powerful hook kick to the rock, the thud echoing, though he felt no pain. The rock however, cracked under the force, a fierce split appearing on the opposite side he had kicked, a shard of rock flying off the mountain.

"Gotta concentrate Pin" He said, smiling kindly. He wished he had more experienced people when he had done this quest, it had taken him forever... He was glad that he was going to help stop someone else from going through his pain.

Pinball heard the laugh. His face bright red, he focused on what Stryder told him. Concentrate, concentrate, he thought, fists clenched. It wasn't fitting that the one leading the quest misses a rock of this size, seeing as It's not even moving. Pinball took a deep breath, took a little jog past Stryder and Kaya, into a spot in front of the boulder. Concentrate, he thought again. "Please, please don't miss again," Pinball muttered. With a grunt, he swung his fist as hard as he could, his knuckles making contact with the lump of rock with an audible smack. He had successfully hit the rock, thank God. With Stryder and Kaya, this wasn't turning out as bad as his first solo attempt. Not nearly as bad. Especially with Stryder. Pinball wondered whether or not Stryder had had help or not. Either way, seeing how easily the guy tore chunks off the boulder, he knew that the Martial Arts skill was definitely going to be of use in the long run. Immensely relieved, he took a few steps back, wiping his forehead. He was lucky he didn't miss again, Pinball might not have been able to handle the embarrassment. "Alright," he said. "Next up."

ID# 87369 

BD: 9 - Critical Hit

2 dmg to boulder done

Boulder: 37/50

Edited by Pinball