[F4-PP] «Feeding the Enemy» Snow Fur Fun

Help Wanted!!
LF help with Feeding the Enemy! I'll be waiting at SnowFrost Town.
-Kaya

"Sent I hope someone does reply." Kaya thought as she sat on a bench. Right across, is a gypsy woman, who supposedly gives the Feeding the Enemy quest, standing, and waiting for someone. Kaya wanted to talk to her already, but this is the 4th floor. She's only a lowly level 1 noob, but she really wanted a familiar. A snow ferret to be exact. She had heard that they gave buffs to the player and they're really useful. Not only are they useful, they're super cute. So she had to have one.

As she sat there, she kept swinging her feet. She was getting impatient. It's only been just a few minutes, but she was getting antsy. "Come on... Someone's gonna show up." A few more moments later, she stands up from her bench and begins to walk back and forth in a pacing manner. As she paced, snow began to lightly fall from the sky. This was completely normal to this floor, but this wasn't something Kaya was used to. I mean England was cold, yeah, but here she didn't really have any warm clothing. That said, she wrapped her arms around herself. "Grah... why does it have to be so cold." Rhetorical question. This was to be expect. It is the snow 4th floor after all. This was common knowledge. "It's okay, once I get moving, I'll warm up."

@Shadowpixel @Stryder @Seul

Edited by Kaya

Pixel saw the notice for help on the Feeding the Enemy quest and thought, why not? She could get some experience like this. "Snowfrost Town, haven't been here before. It shouldn't take that long to find Kaya." Pixel thought to herself as she stepped out of the portal of the fourth floor.

Pixel noticed right away that it was super cold and the snow didn't help much. She tugged on her kimono and started to shiver. Her only clothes with mitigation covered very little of her, so it would be a tough task to get through this. "This better be worth it. It is way too cold, even for summer." Pixel murmered as she walked. 

Pixel spotted the quest NPC and looked around, and sure enough, she saw Kaya standing closeby walking back and forth. "Hey Kaya!" Pixel called out as she ran towards Kaya.

Pixel ran up to Kaya and did a small wave with her hand. "Is anyone else coming?" Pixel asked, looking up at her.

@Kaya

Edited by Shadowpixel

Not too long ago a message had been sent to every player in the area asking for help with one of the low level quests. Overall it was a simple task and having already completed himself Seul didn't really see the point in going. Still, it wasn't like he had anything better to do with this free time so…

Trekking through the snowy fields of the fourth floor was just another part of the game that became easier with practice. At one point he could barely move while much higher level players sifted through the environment with ease. That just seemed like ancient history now.

Clutching the ends of his coat closer to his body, Seul waited on the town’s perimeter. With his orange status still active stepping foot inside to meet this Kaya person was basically impossible, but they would probably have to come this way to leave anyway.

"Hey! Pixel! What's up? Oh you're here for the quest? Awesome!" Kaya isn't normally this outgoing with people, but she's met Pixel once before and well... she's more comfortable around girls than she is with guys. That said, she looked around the area, not seeing anyone else, she just decided to go along with this party, "Um... I guess there's no one else..." Kaya then begins to flick her fingers in the air and quickly sent Pixel a party invite. "Alright let's get going I guess."

"Ahhhh you! I can see a partner in your future... You'll find her in the forest of north town." The gypsy began talking as soon as Kaya got near. "P-p-partner?" Kaya's face turned red, flushed from that the she could finally find her one. The NPC was talking a familiar and Kaya knew that... until the gypsy said something about a partner. "Uh.. I don't think I'm ready for that yet.." Face still flushed, she looked down and away from the NPC. Her body closed off as she crossed her arm around her. "I-I... Uh..." "She'll be fierce with a fur white as snow." "Oh..." In that moment, Kaya falls to the ground on her knees all depressed. She quickly accepts the quest from the quest window that popped up. Then she slowly raises her head, trying to push a smile on her face. "R-right... let's go." There's been many moments Kaya isn't really proud off, that moment was... definitely up there.

Soon after, the duo finds themselves at the northern gate town. Just right outside they quickly spot an orange player.. "Crap... why's he waiting there. Is he here to kill us?!" Kaya panicked internally.

@Shadowpixel @Seul

Edited by Kaya

Pixel immediately accepted the friend request and followed behind Kaya. "What familiar were you hoping to get?" Pixel asked as she opened her menu and scrolled through it.

Pixel eventually found her leopard top and skirt, and equipped them in place of her kimono. "Sorry if my outfit is a bit revealing, it's the only thing I have with mitigation." Pixel explained as they continued to walk.

As they reached the exit of town, Kaya had started to panic that there was an orange player. Pixel didn't get why he was there, but it wouldn't hurt to say hello. "Um, hi. I'm Pixel, and this is Kaya. Is there something you needed?" Pixel asked, stepping in front of Kaya.

Internally, Pixel wanted to face palm herself for how she said it. Pixel thought it sounded to formal, and even a little condescending. Pixel took a few steps back just to be safe.

@Kaya @Seul

It didn't take long for Kaya to show up alongside another player named Pixel who introduced the pair. Seul wanted to brush off their the comments and defensive behavior, but for some reason he couldn't. Maybe everything had been building up to this point. Believe it or not it wasn't easy being labeled as a killer in this world. Regardless of where he went the reactions would always be the same. Panic. Fear. Disgust. Hostility. His fellow players had become too predictable now. Most saw just what was on the surface and believed only what they wanted to.

After shrugging at Pixel’s question he raised a hand to remove the two handed sword on his back from its scabbard, resting it on his shoulder. Of course he didn’t come with any ill intent in mind, but there was no way either of them would know that. In that case why not play around for a bit?

“Well, simply put, I’m here for you.” He stated while pointing the blade toward the women with a grin painted across his face.

Pixel was startled by what Seul had said next. "Here for us? W-what do you mean?" Pixel asked, backing away more. Was he an assassin? Pixel didn't want to take her chances. 

It was still freezing cold, but Pixel didn't feel it as much. She was now more worried about what Seul was going to do. "Did Sey send you? Please don't kill me! I'll do anything!" Pixel begged, hiding behind Kaya in fear.

Pixel tried to hide that she was scared, but she ultimately just couldn't help herself. Her whole body was shaking. She didn't know what to do. She was thinking of running, but she couldn't leave Kaya behind like that. "Kaya? Do you know him or why he's here?" Pixel asked nervously, hugging Kaya and looking up at her. Pixel was trying to think of a way to settle this peacefully, but she just couldn't focus at all.

@Kaya @Seul

"Oooohhh!!! You're here to help with the quest?!?!?!?! Awesome!" Kaya's face lit up as she smashed her fist into the palm of her hand. She was sure for a moment that he had ill intent and wanted to kill her, until he mentioned that he's here for her. That said, she begins slapping him on the shoulders acting cheerfully and so carefree. "You had me going there for a sec, ahahahaha." Her were eyes closed from the overwhelming laughter. A few moments go by and she finally calms down. "Perfect so that's 3 people. I think that's enough, don't you think so, Pixel?" She looked to Pixel since she was the closest friend she's had here - even though they're just newly friends. "Right... So we're looking for a snow ferret in the forest north of here... uh... what's your name again?" She says looking at the orange statused stranger dumbfounded. 

@Seul @Shadowpixel

This wasn’t getting him anywhere. There wasn’t much of a point in using intimidation if it only worked halfway. Seul simply slid the blade back into its scabbard while examining the pair. How either of them managed to get this far without dying was beyond him, but after seeing what this world really had to offer he wasn’t one to question why things happened the way they did anymore.

“Chill, I wasn’t sent by anyone.” He said addressing Pixel’s earlier concerns. “I have better things to do than pick off wimps... Anyway, my name is Seul. If we’re going to look for this weasel together than we should get going soon. Unless either of you are monster whisperers I expect this is going to take a while."

With that he turned to face the snowy fields of the fourth floor. What exactly did volunteering for this mission get him into? He wasn’t sure, but there was only one way to find out.

Pixel took a big sigh of relief. So he wasn't there to kill them. "Okay, sorry. Just the way you drew the sword, then you were here for us, I just panicked." Pixel apologized. She felt like an idiot, assuming right away that Seul was there to kill them.

He was there for the quest, so was herself. She looked at the snowy fields as well and continued shivering. It was still super cold, and the skimpy armor didn't help with that. "S-so Kaya, do you know where your pet is going to be?" Pixel asked, stuttering a little bit from the cold.

While she waited for a response, Pixel gazed out at the landscape, it looked pretty and all, but it was just too cold to truly enjoy. Pixel then turned to Seul and looked up at him. "What do you mean that we're wimps!? At least we don't just sit in the safe zone and wait for others to beat the game." Pixel argued.

@Kaya @Seul

"See! Told you so!" Kaya gleefully smile while looking back to Pixel. She quickly lifts up two fingers giving her a victory sign. Kaya had high hopes for this question. She really doesn't want to do this multiple times. Just once is hopefully enough to tame the creature she wants. "Right. Let's go!" She says as she points towards the forest. Before they took off, they Seul gave a slight comment, somewhat irked, she looks back to the orange statused player. "Ferret." Blunt, but to the point. Her eyes somewhat glared at the high leveled player, not scared at all of what he could do to her. There was a difference between ferret and weasels. Ferrets were cuter. After that little stare down, Kaya walked forward, leading the way for the group. She has a large smile on her face. She was excited to get her ferret, so much so that she took no mind to what the other two were talking about anymore. All she heard were muffled sounds.

Marching to the forest, the unlikely trio began their quest for the snow ferret.

@Seul @Shadowpixel

Edited by Kaya
  • 2 weeks later...

“Yeah, yeah.”

Like the slow falling flakes of snow Seul's attention was also drifting away as if it was being carried along by the breeze and he stayed tuned out for most of their walk. The weasel (or whatever the hell it was) shouldn’t be that hard to find, but thankfully he had enough foresight to obtain the survival skill back when he first started adventuring outside of the Town of Beginnings. Without it he was almost certain he'd freeze to death out here.

Eventually the trio arrived at a forest of some sort. Kaya had taken the lead without much hesitation, but it wasn't like he really cared who was in front anyway. This was her quest after all, his job was just to act as another set of eyes.

“Maybe we all would have been better off if we never left the safe zones…” He mumbled in reference to what Pixel said earlier. Aside from most of his problems stemming from things that happened outside the borders, it was also much warmer in an inn room than it was in the woods hunting gerbils.