[PP-F15] Monkey Business <<WotW:TLC>>

As the lone player approached a three-way junction - one path going Southeast, one leading further up the Northern trail and another stretching back to <<Kachirho>>  - she came to a slow and gradual stop, knowing better than to press on and risk triggering the Quest. The gloomy forest proved safer to travel than expected, though she'd trouble to decide whether luck was on her side or if mob spawns were more generous on the dimly-lit trails.

As her glowing eyes came across a wide tree stump, lit up by rays of light beaming through the forest canopy, she trekked across twigs and dried leaves, taking brief respite upon the forest's holy furniture. A wispy astral wolf-dog traced a circle in the grass and plopped onto its stomach beside her, tongue hanging loosely from its snout.

A jolly smile tugged at her cheeks, and she switched focus to the messaging window. Not long before, the party of one painstakingly pinned a parchment to all 21 announcement boards, each reading the same message:

Looking for a party to take on Witch of the West: The Lion's CourageNo stat requirements, Rank 5 weapon/support skill recommended.

Message Birdie if you're interested. I'll be waiting up the path from Kachihro (15th floor), look for the blue-clad fencer and a ghost wolf.

Birdie

This message will disappear in 29:59 minutes

The level-35 fencer hadn't much confidence that many would take her up on the offer. If there were willing participants, however, she greatly doubted their interests to be anything short of cooperative. PK'ers had no way of reading the announcements, save for a green middle man, but she had travelled alone enough times to know they seldom bother with small fry. Should the situation call for such extremes, she'd an escape plan of fleeing through the gloomy woods and losing them with her trained agility, but it wasn't a possibility she'd willingly entertain. Rather than dwelling on the unsettling, she went ahead and poked the Inbox folder, checking to see whose interest she might have garnered - if any.

@Macradon @Kasier @Hidden

Edited by Birdie

OOC: Atm, Hidden has the appearance of my profile pic, not the signature below. The Sig includes Hidden without her cloak.

Hidden sat on the eleventh floor at her house. She sat on the couch listening to some of the soothing tunes that Sey had planted around the house with several recorders that moved through a long playlist of music. She, bored, opened her hud and looked through the world messages. Cardinal did a good job cutting down spam, and the first one she looked upon was one from the player named Birdie. The item appeared to have just been sent. She read through the details and noted that she met the requirements and was quite fine with pairing up with a stranger. It would get her some SP and she would provide to be a dangerous enemy for any person that turned on her. Sey was out, and wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't here when he returned. She moved to their bedroom and found her cloak sitting on her side of the bed. She draped it over herself and equipped her dagger and Shadow ring. With that, she was prepared for a good quest and a level up. She moved out the door, moving to the nearest town for a teleport pad.

She arrived at the town destination and looked around for the path. She found it not that hard to find. Clutching the dagger hidden inside her sleeve, she began to move up. After a good five minutes of traveling through the path, unintruded by monsters, she found the target player.It was a woman with blue hair, a rapier, and a glowing ethereal dog. She moved over to the player, Umbra, her fox familair accompanying her side. Umbra was a fox, but it was made of nothing but shadow. On very sunny floors, Umbra usually hid itself in Hidden's shadow, but on shadowy floors, the fox roamed freely, a trail of shadow in tow behind.

"H-Hello" Hidden said nervously to the player. She shook her head. She had to be strong, and show no weakness to a stranger. Showing fear gave them an advantage as they knew what you were feeling on the inside. "You may refer to me as Hidden. Pleasure to be of assistance. I am a great damage dealer, but I am afraid I can't take much damage at the moment"

@Macradon@Kasier

Edited by Hidden

Sighing heavily, Macradon had not much to do today, so he would try to see if anything was fancy at the announcement boards. Getting up, wearing his <Knight’s Clothes> in a nonchalant manner, Macradon would begin to exit his shop on the first floor in the Town of Beginnings. “C’mon Bal, that’s see if there’s anything fancy for us today” he said with a smile to his small companion, a small owlbear cub. Owlbears were weird creatures, the body and build of a bear, but feathered like an owl with the avian head and beak. Small Balthazar was good at looking for openings in monsters and bosses attack patterns, which aided Macradon on getting heavy hits into the monsters so he could clear them as fast as he possibly could, which was a great feat.

As the two would head to the announcement board with many different pieces of parchment would be hung, Macradon spotted a particular one, one with a quest in mind. “Oh yeah, I began that quest line, I should probably finish it sooner or later” he muttered for himself as he saw who had placed the announcement “Oh, Birdie … Haven’t seen her in a while, let’s do this” he thought and would open up his HUD to take care of the message so he could give her a heads up that he was going.

Hey, Birdie.
It’s Macradon here, I’m just giving you a heads up that I’m heading to floor 15 to join you on the quest.
See you soon.

He sent the message away and would look through his inventory if he had everything he needed for this, which it did seem like he had. He would begin to walk towards the warp plaza of the first floor and silently instruct the teleporter “Teleport: Floor 13”. Light turquoise light engulfed both him and Balthazar as the two would be transported to the 13th floor. As he got to the 13th floor, Macradon would begin to walk towards the forked path where the quest would begin at, either meeting her there or on the way there. For the moment, not many people were in his vicinity, so he took the chance to conceal himself as he would don his full plate armor. Now fully clad in steel plate from top to toe and his big great-sword on his back in harness, Macradon would approach the forked road where Birdie, and someone else, stood. "Hey Birdie, I'm here now" he said and proceeded to doff his helmet so his alabast hair and red eyes would be visible, still matching the color scheme of his armor. "Hello, I'm Macradon of the KoB, and who might you be?" he asked the hooded stranger.

Taking deep breaths, Kasier took out a cup of water from her inventory as she took a rest from running from an extremely oversized insect. She had not imagined that her decision to explore this floor for the first time would end up with her being lost in the darkness of the forest. The moment that she thought that she had lost the preying mantis, she dove into a nearby bush and found herself sitting on the wet, dank floor regretting her decision of coming out here. At this point, her hair was dirtied with mud and her eyes were filled with nervousness. Her red eyes would stand out in the darkness and it was inevitable that she would be found by the hunters of the forest eventually. Suddenly, she heard a notification that she had received a message. "Darn. Forgot to turn that off." She thought, immediately beginning to move. She wasn't the only one who had heard that dreadful beep. Switching her armor for her starting clothes which were easier to run in, she took off, bursting forward as fast as she could without looking back as the snapping sounds of the insects behind her was a clear indication that they were close behind.

Turning corner after corner and trying her hardest to lose the hunters, she discovered a few ropes that hung from somewhere. Without hesitation, she grabbed on for dear life and began to climb. It was instincts, really - her legs had begun to hurt from the overwhelming usage of energy. Luckily, her arms were still unused. After calming down, she quickly realized that the rope was actually moving on its own. "Main settlement. Ain't I glad to see you again." She whispered under her breath in relief. She hurriedly cleaned herself up and checked the message that might have been the cause of her downfall. "Quest... Birdie." She said to herself as she scanned the message. Birdie was one of those members that Kasier never really interacted with. Why not. She shrugged, walking towards the path that Birdie had indicated she would be at. Before leaving though, she politely wrote a message back.

Birdie,
I'll be right there. Might take a while to find you, though.

-Kasier

And just like what she wrote in her message, by the time that she found the blue-haired rapier-wielder, she was already engaged in conversation with two other people. One was wearing a black cloak - player killer... Kasier would suggest if she didn't know better. The other was a white-haired man who was familiar to Kasier but she couldn't recall exactly where she had seen him. She nodded towards the group in greetings,  "Kasier here. Hope you don't mind having me."

@Birdie

A message buzzed in her inbox - Macradon, she was surprised to see, who said he'd be making his way over. See you soon, she wrote back, only for her attention to be stolen upon closing the menu. "Hm?" Not long after Birdie sat down, another player arrived on the scene. Having spotted the cloaked figure approach from afar, her <<Search>> skill actively scanning the environment, Birdie inspected the newcomer as best she could; However, there wasn't much else to see than the crimson lining of their cloak and strands of dark, hidden hair. Smiling, her eyes moved down to the little black fox leaving a trail of darkness in its wake, whom Sirius stopped panting for and gazed towards warily. "Hidden? It's a pleasure to meet you." The blue-haired fencer hopped off the fallen tree stump and leisurely sauntered towards the woman, her actions reserved so as to not provoke the newcomer. "Thank you for making it here, I was losing hope that anyone would come. How was the road?"

'Another message?' She did the motions to call up her inbox and scanned the words, her eyes rising in greater surprise than before. Take your time, we'll wait for you. "It seems we'll be a party of four, two more friends are on their way." Soon after, a second figure would approach from the same road Hidden travelled from, and the armour on their back was a lot more familiar this time around. 'Macradon,' she thought before he'd spoken a word, greeting him with a tender wave. "Hey Mac, glad you could make it." As the Knight engaged in conversation with Hidden, Birdie diverted her gaze towards the road from <<Kachirho>> and through squinting, just about made out Kasier's silhouette in the distance.

The fencer greeted her ex-guildmate with a wave, blue bangs jiggling over her eyes. "It's great to see you again, Kasier; You're no trouble at all. Actually, that makes us a full party- right on time, too." Any second from that point on, the parchments hung up in each town would fizzle into thin air, removing the possibility of a surprise fifth player. "The NPC spawns just a little further up North- oh, wait." Sparing time for introductions, she would navigate to the party menu and type out each name individually, sending invites to everybody present. "Okay, I've sent out invites. Did you all get one?"

@Hidden

Edited by Birdie

The blue haired girl hopped off the fence and slowly walked over to her, calm and unthreatening. She spoke in a polite voice and informed her that she was afraid that no one would come. Hidden grinned and thought to herself, 'That is the way I perfer it' She returned a solid answer to the woman, "The road was pretty decent, but a little quiet for my liking. I was waiting for something to jump out, but it never did" A minute passed before the woman spoke again, explaining that two more would be joining them, A full party they would inquire. Her eyes widened and her face paled. "A-A f-full p-party?" She was fine with one stranger that she could escape or fight, but three? Perhaps she should escape while she still-. Another player arrived. His face was covered with a helmet, but he soon took that off and introduced himself as Macradon. He then turned to her and asked who she might be. She turned to face him, and then calmly, but quietly answered, "My name is Hidden, Pleasure to be of assistance" She supposed she could fake an emotion, as she did at social gatherings. Where she seemed excited to be with a full party, but she originally planned only one other player. If the other players weren't already arriving, she would have told the blue girl that had something that had come up and walked out. Now, with three players, one of them was bound to get suspicious. The last player arrived, introducing herself as Kasier. She could have sworn she heard that name before, probaly someone her and Sey spoke briefly about. He occasionally told her of people he knew of. This woman was also from the Ascendants. The only reason she beared with them was in fact Sey. The idea of helping lower leveled players was dumb. If they couldn't survive gaining on their own, then they won't be able to survive. She had kept her mouth shut, but she was not going to blow anything by getting into an argument. Birdie began to speak, noting that their NPC was just North, but then she cut herself short. She opened her menu and a Party invite appeared in front of her. The hooded girl reluctantly clicked it and sure enough, Birdie's name popped under her's and soon Kasier's and Macradon's would appear soon. Good thing she did not tell them her name was Elucia.

@Macradon

Edited by Hidden

With a broad smile, Macradon would reply “A pleasure to make your acquaintance”. It did not take long after this short and small conversation, or perhaps just an exchange of a few words, that someone else would arrive, someone he had met before, but not one he was too familiar with. “Oh hello, I wouldn’t mind at all!” he would reply to her small question. The more the merrier … if everything would go as planned, which it nearly never did. Macradon wouldn’t like being the tank here, at least not if any of these people were of the squishy kind. Suddenly, only after a short warning, Macradon would receive a Party Invite.

59806f120fefa_birdiepartyinvitesmol.png.6a6ccd56382795445e225e4530cde779.png

Pressing accept, he would look over at his party, and then up at their individual health bars, looking at special effects or levels. He wasn’t surprised to find some odd levels compared to his, as he hadn’t seen many of these people on the front lines before. “Hmmm …” he pondered as he would think about this encounter, how well it would go. If it would be the same monsters as before, Macradon would probably be able to take them out in a single powerful blow, which would just be boring, but probably what would be happening.

Kasier nodded to Birdie and the other blonde man as she was given approval to join in the quest. She had an odd feeling though and that feeling was coming from the existence of a hooded figure. From hearing distance, Kasier could hear that the voice that radiated from within the dark cloak was one of a female tone, but that was the only thing that Kasier could tell about the cloaked player, and it was most likely that that was the only thing that the cloaked figure wanted to show to other players. As far as Kasier knew, people who dressed in such a dark, secluded manner was always hiding something, and often times, the things they hide were not good things. Kasier sighed, figuring that these instinctive emotions would only get in the way of the completion of this quest, she shook her head slightly and forgot about it as best as she could. It was something that she had learned from being around Itzal and the other members of her guild. Although the family has been slacking off lately, its history has taught Kasier the importance of accepting people of different variety and different levels as the front lines could use anyone they can get at this point. The weak can become strong - For she learned that through not only guild experience but through her own personal change from an innocent useless school girl into a serious, capable support that would soon join the front lines.

Kasier blinked out and was soon brought back into the world by a pop-up inviting her to Birdie's party. Without hesitation, she clicked on the accept button and looked around at everyone's names: Birdie, Hidden, and Macradon. It wasn't very hard to decipher who Hidden was and who Macradon was. Even her name seems odd. Kasier thought, I'll keep a close eye just in case. Looking at Macradon's health points, she was surprised at exactly how much higher it was compared to the rest of the party. Frontliner. She recognized. Birdie's level and health points were very similar to Kasier's. This should be interesting.

@Birdie

Once all three players had accepted their invites, Birdie nodded with silent content and faced North. "All I know is that we're looking for an NPC dog, <<Toto>>. If any of you have seen or read 'The Wizard of Oz' then you'll know the premise of the story, this quest seems to draw pretty heavy inspiration from it." Looking over her shoulder, she asked: "Everyone set?" Should no objections arise from anybody then she'd set one foot forwards and begin trekking North, where the shadowy stretches of forest gradually became twisted and otherworldly, befitting of the magical land of Oz. 

Before long, they came face-to-snout with the quest giver; or rather, it came snout-to-face with them. A gentle breeze had struck the party causing spirals of dead leaves and grass to encase the area - a dwarf tornado barely taller than an apple tree whisked towards them, drawing closer and closer until a black Cairn Terrier pup plopped out from the bottom. In an instant, the winds that surrounded them ceased to be as the tornado fled into the murky depths, and the scruffy little dog would gaze innocently toward the quartet of humans with a small '[!]' hovering above its head. "If anybody wants to read more about this quest, now would be a good time." Birdie would offer the quest window to those who wished to read it, accepting it once everyone was satisfied.

<<Toto>> followed alongside them as they pushed further North. Though no such aerial primates made an appearance, the roaming cries of distant enemies suggested they wouldn't be so far off. Hoping to ensure they were all on the same page in combat, the fencer looked towards the group and asked: "What roles would you guys like to take?" Though she was acting as party leader, there wasn't an ounce of authority in the girl's blood and she wasn't in the spirit of dishing out roles without a care for each player's wishes. "I can take a small hit if need be but I'm best suited as a DPS."

Quest Objectives:
Kill 4 Super Flying Monkeys - [0/4]
Find Lion's Mane - [  ]

@Hidden @Macradon @Kasier

Edited by Birdie

Muttering under his own thoughts, Macradon opened up his HUD to write down what to go after, as well as using his <Tracking> skill to find them as fast as possible, that would at least be the best idea. With a demi-tank as Macradon in this Party, he was sure that they would be able to clear the monster part of this quest, and then finding the Lion’s Mane was probably not that difficult either "I can try to tank, I'll do my best, but I don't have howl, so stay ready on your feet" he said, designating himself.. Looking at the small Toto, Macradon would get a flash through his memory, had he already finished this quest? Oh well, a bit of experience will be received from slaying those monkeys, so he was fine with that, he was only missing out on a bit of experience, so it wasn’t really that bad. Letting out a deep breath, Macradon’s eyes would get a bright yellow tint with green accents as he scanned the area for the monkeys. A cursor pointed towards the North of the floor, the Monkeys were probably around the tower, protecting it perhaps. “The northern tower is this direction” he said and point through the forest and would continue “It seems like the monkeys are that way as well”.

< Super Flying Monkeys Tracked >

Edited by Macradon

She examined the players around her, gathering info as things went along. The blond was not much of a talker, but instead an observer, such as she. She found many glances were thrown her way. The blue haired girl, wasn't much of a leader for bringing this together. She though, did not mind that as she didn't take orders. She made her own. She considered suggestions, but did not take orders. The armored man, Macradon as he introduced himself, seemed quite bold and confident, but modest as well, considering his strength and the aura that he radiated. 'Kasier, Birdie, and Macradon. Macradon has some mitigation or either is confident with his really high health. He also must have high damage, considering his weapon choice. Birdie is a DPS, and with the Rapier of her's, she probably could provide adequete damage. Kasier, I have no information on to make anything. She has kept herself quiet. That makes her as much of a threat in battle as the others' She shook her head, leaving her thoughts. She spoke, giving away her role, but not her skills in anything. She had to remain ominous. "I will also participate in the DPS role. The more damage dealt, the faster we get through this" She turned silently, glancing at the distant tower. That was apparently where the quest objective hid. She wondered if she could sneak through with her sneak and hide skill.

@Kasier

When offered to have more information on the quest, Kasier willingly took the opportunity in case any of the information might strike as something of importance to her during the quest. As a healer, she would have to keep track of any attacks and make sure that she is capable of keeping up with the damage dealt with her healing powers. As Kasier skimmed the text so she wouldn't take that long, she realized that the players had to head in different directions to find a tin's heart and a scarecrow's brain. Just like Birdie stated, the quest was strangely familiar to the original story, "Wizards of Oz". In fact, the quest was probably based off it as well. Also, along the way, they would probably be confronted by some mobs that will try to stop their progress. Although, it appeared that the mobs were not strong enough to deal that much damage. Actually, despite Kasier's relatively low mitigation, she is probably able to tank for the party despite the fact that Macradon stated that he can tank. It is certain that he has more mitigation but Kasier's <<Howl>> skill could possibly make her a more reliable tank.

"I have <<Howl>>. I can tank." Kasier said plainly, offering the possibility as tank is indeed her second class, or subclass, as some RPGs called it. "However, if healing is needed, I can do that as well." She finished, looking at Macradon to see if he really wanted to tank. Kasier was flexible in this. In this particular quest with a high leveled player, she doubts that her healing powers will be put to use as the player will probably not even take damage if he tanks. "Of course, if you want to tank, I can heal, instead, Macradon." She offered. So we have at least a tank, 2 DPS, and possibly a healer. Full party. Every role taken. "Or that choice can come down to our party leader depending on what she wants to do."

@Birdie

"Alright then," she chimed, "Hidden and I are on DPS, Macradon will tank up as best he can and Kasier will keep the party topped up." Even exerting authority to say those words made her feel ill inside, but she tried not concentrate on the feeling. "Our target mobs aren't very strong- they're about level-25 actually, so it shouldn't take long to clear them out. We'll be more than fine if we stick to the plan." Birdie stood awkwardly as if wondering what else to say, but a shrug would soon roll off her shoulders as she continued behind the Knight.

Thanks to Mac's Tracking mod, they would be well on their way to the North Tower and the Flying Monkeys that protected it. Trees would grow thin and scarce as they drew towards the edge of the forest and grey clouds appeared through the deteriorating canopy of leaves, giving them a view of the gloomy skies above. A great stone structure emerged up ahead; four round towers of differing heights that each spanned fifty feet across. Small windows dotted the height of each with gentle fires illuminating within, and four <<Super Flying Monkeys>> were posted by the entranceway, denying entry to all those who tried. The mobs hadn't yet noticed the approaching players, meaning they could use it to their advantage. "Perfect, all four. Is everybody still clear on the plan?" she asked, taking a step towards the flying beasts.

@Hidden @Macradon @Kasier

Edited by Birdie

That sounded like a good plan, the roles were evenly distributed and it seemed like they would easily be able to clear this quest, probably way too easy. Macradon was not against a quick quest, a single SP was probably enough for him, as he had stagnated in leveling, but it didn’t seem like he needed the levels anyways, he was already in the top 5 players in the game of what he knew. With this setup, there was no way they wouldn’t come unscathed out of the situation, it was really great to have a full party like this, but if Macradon hadn’t had mistaken which quest it was, maybe they would’ve been at a bigger hazard of doing the quest, but as Macradon stood here with them all, he was sure that they wouldn’t be in any danger at all. “I’m all fine with this setup, if we set out now, we will probably be ending this in a few hours if not less” he said to the rest.

• 3 weeks later...

Spoiler

Stats:

• 700 HP
  • 70 Energy
  • 39 Mitigation (36+3)
  • +3 Accuracy
  • +3 Evasion
  • 12 Base Damage (1[base] +5[weapon skill] +6[familiar])
  • +3 LD

Items:

• <<Tempest Fleuret>> [T2:Rapier]: +1 Paralyze/+2 Accuracy
  • <<Seasilk Vest>> [T2:Light Armour]: +36 Mitigation, +1 Evasion
  • <<Vanguard Signet>> [T2:Lucky Charm]: +1 Accuracy/+2 Evasion

Buffs:

Battle Ready:

Skills:

• Rank 5 | Rapier: +5 Damage w/ Rapier
  • Rank 3 | Search and Detect: +3 LD
  • Rank 1 | Light Armour: +3 Mitigation
  • Rank 1 | T.H.S.S: +1 Damage w/ T.H.S.S

Extra Skills:

• Rank 3 | FM: Fighter: +6 Damage
  • No ranks | Gatherer: +3 Materials per successful gather
  • No ranks | Concentration: +1 BD upon activation, 5 post cooldown
  • No ranks | Survival: 20 HP regen out-of-combat, resistance to environmental hazards

"It could take hours. Things is, all we have to do is kill these four Monkeys then search for the <<Lion's Mane>>." Birdie half-turned her body towards Mac and the rest of the party, "That's an hour tops - thirty minutes if we're quick enough." Of course, that claim was built upon multiple assumptions; firstly, that the monkeys were as weak as normal mobs would be and secondly, that they would find the quest item relatively quickly.

Birdie shook her head.  For now, all that mattered was that they killed the four Super Flying Monkeys blocking the way. "Okay, I'll grab the attention of the straggler," she said, motioning towards one such mob that had wandered away from the rest. "Mac, whenever you're ready to hit them with an AoE, warn us so we can wrangle 'em up. They'll probably fly up as soon as we engage them so be prepared to deal with swooping & diving attacks."

The Monkeys themselves were menacing, with feathered wings stretching three metres across and thick shaggy hair covering their bodies. They knuckled along the ground like gorillas and flew through the air with deadly tact and precision, their strength wasn't to be taken lightly. Half-turning towards the group, Birdie inclined her head into a solemn nod, "Let's do this!"

Her blue hair bounced with each step as she bounded across the battlefield, sprinting with determination towards the straggling Monkey. As soon as her target came within range, the girl's pace slowed as she lifted the rapier close to her chest with its tip facing the sky - the necessary motion to trigger Over RadiationBlue light swallowed her weapon whole as she unleashed a devastating cycle of piercing attacks, sweeping arcs of light trailing through the air as she swirled and stabbed with unrelenting vigour. A penultimate series of three lightning-fast thrusts initiated the final explosion of light, Birdie's vision enveloped by nothing but blinding blue until the iridescent dust began to settle. The Super Flying Monkey writhed in pain just feet away, a quarter of its hit points remaining.

- Attack Roll -
ID: 88138
BD: 10
Sword art used: Over Radiation (12+2)*14=196-50=146 DMG

- Health List -
[2:#1]<Birdie> 
            700/700 HP ||  39 MIT ||  12 DMG ||  58/70  NRG
[?]<???>                   ???/??? HP || ??? MIT ||  ?? DMG || ???/??? NRG
[?]<???>                   ???/??? HP || ??? MIT ||  ?? DMG || ???/??? NRG
[?]<???>                   ???/??? HP || ??? MIT ||  ?? DMG || ???/??? NRG

Super Flying Monkey  (-146) 54/200 HP ||  50 MIT || 250 DMG || 3 EVA 
Super Flying Monkey        200/200 HP ||  50 MIT || 250 DMG || 3 EVA 

(Turn order: Birdie > Player 2 > Player 3 > Player 4 > Super Flying Monkeys)

@Macradon @Hidden @Kasier

Edited by Birdie
Spoiler

Macradon
1395 HP
138 Energy
3 Accuracy
0 Evasion
13 Base Damage
 (18 w/ Charge) (14 w/ Ferocity) (19 w/ Ferocity+Charge) 
- (1 Base + 2 Two-Handed + 5 Skill + 1 Athletics + 4 Weapon)
111 Mitigation 
- (30 Skill + 81 Armor)

Items
Sword of the Ancients .............. // +4 Damage, +1 Phase, +1 Paralyze
Armor of the Scarlet Templar ....... // +81 Mitigation
Templar's Necklace ................. // +6 Recovery, +1 Accuracy
Balthazar - Familiar ............... // +1 Accuracy

Battle Ready Inventory
Banner of Command .................. // Grants +1 DMG for up to four people
Safeguard .......................... // Blocks the next oncoming attack

Buffs

Skills
Two Handed Straight Sword  | Rank 5: +5 Damage
Heavy Armor                | Rank 5: +30 Damage Mitigation
Search and Detect          | Rank 5: +5 LD
Charge                     | Rank 5: +5 Damage on first hit
Battle Healing             | Rank 5: Heal 75 HP each post In-Battle
Fighting Spirit            | +1 Hate generation
Disguise                   | +1 to your BD and +1 to your opponent’s BD
Survival                   | Heal 20 HP when out of battle

Skill Mods
Finesse                    | Rank 1
Precision                  | +1 Accuracy
Reveal                     
Tracking                   | Enables the user to track down a monster or a player if the user knows the monster's or player's name
Athletics                  | +1 Damage, +5 Health
Ferocity                   | Rank 5: +1 Damage when using 5th rank Sword Arts

Being impatient, Macradon would charge in “I’m going in now!” he roared as he had his large sword drawn. A swift kick would sweep the lone monkey back to it group and his sword would glow a deep crimson color as 6 fast and deadly sweeps would cover the four monkeys in deep red scars. Their health already down in the red zone, and the first monkey already slain. Macradon would quickly get into stance to deflect, block or anything else like that. “They’re low, we can take them out now” he said and awaited the attacks of the rest of the team. As he had drawn some of the attention from the monsters, he was sure that he would be able to tank for a short while as their damage was tremendous. If he could just keep them at bay, the team would probably be able to pick one more monkey out before Macradon would have to do a single last sweep to take them out.

- Attack Roll -
ID: 88139
BD: 5+3-3=5, Hit regardless because of Tracking.
CD: 3, No Proc.
Sword art used: Calamity Disaster 6x2x19-50=178 AOE DMG

- Health List -
[2:#1]<Birdie> 
            700/700  HP ||  39 MIT ||  12 DMG ||  58/70  NRG
[2]<Macradon>             1395/1395 HP || 111 MIT ||  13 DMG || 114/138 NRG
[?]<???>                   ???/???  HP || ??? MIT ||  ?? DMG || ???/??? NRG
[?]<???>                   ???/???  HP || ??? MIT ||  ?? DMG || ???/??? NRG

Super Flying Monkey       -120/200 HP ||  50 MIT || 250 DMG || 3 EVA 
Super Flying Monkey         22/200 HP ||  50 MIT || 250 DMG || 3 EVA 

(Turn order: Birdie > Macradon > Player 3 > Player 4 > Super Flying Monkeys)

@Hidden @Kasier

Edited by Macradon
Spoiler

Stats:

• 580 HP
  • 58 Energy
  •  36 Mitigation 
  • +3 Accuracy
  • +2 Evasion
  • 12 Base Damage (1[base] +5[weapon skill] +6[familiar])
  • +1 LD
  • Phase
  • Paralyctic Venom
  • 1 T2 Bleed

Items:

• <<Shadow's Infection>> // +1 Phase, +1 Paralyctic Venom, +1 Bleed
  • <<Shadow of Dusk>> // +36 Mit, +1 EVA
  • <<Shadow's Light>> // +3 ACC

Buffs:

•  

Battle Ready:

• <<Shadow's Eye>> // +3 LD
  • 5 T1 Uncommon HP Potions - +40 HP
  • 1 T1 Rare HP Potions - +80 HP

Skills:

• Rank 5 | Dagger: +5 Damage w/ Dagger
  • Rank 1 | Search and Detect: +1 LD
  • Rank 1 | Sneak and Hide: +2 Stealth Rating

Extra Skills:

• Rank 3 | FM: Fighter: +6 Damage
  • No ranks | Gatherer: +3 Materials per successful gather
  • No ranks | Survival: 20 HP regen out-of-combat, resistance to environmental hazards

OOC: So sorry guys been pretty busy lately for posting...

Hidden remained silent as the few people in front of her began to converse, talking mostly of the quest and where they needed to head. She kept to herself though. She could probably just vanish and high-tail it away, but they already knew her name, which she had been quick to give up. Although, nobody could pin a face to her name. The only name they could pin, was Elucia to her real face. They began to move forward and her hand slid down the hilt to her dagger for reasurrance. They had walked a ways before three large monkeys with wings swooped down, sharp talons replacing nails. It looked like a monkey had an affair with a very large bird. She flicked her right wrist, sending down her blade fro its sheath. She was planning to make the second move after Birdie hit first, but Macradon seemed to find them first, and deal a massive amount of damage to each of the creatures, instantly bringing them down to red and killed one Birdie had hit. That sent a shiver down her spine. Macradon was powerful, powerful enough to take them all on, and still make it home in time for dinner. Dinner that was to be ready in ten. She shook the thoughts away and turned to one of the creatures. She had no AoE, but she could still hit. With the state of the creature's HP, she could easily knock them down with a low sword art. She chose Shadow Stitch and made the motions with her dagger as she moved at her target. 

Her blade started with a bright orange glow as she moved toward it, but shortly after, her weapon into a smooth glass dagger, with a dark aura, clearly able to be seen by the other player. She came out from the side of the creature, striking it quickly, her weapon moving through the creature's body as if it where vapor. An electrical current shot into the creature and she pulled back, opening a rip in the creature's body in which red shards billowed out afterwards. She stepped back just before the creature shattered into pixels. 

- Attack Roll -
ID: 88155
BD: 10+3-2. Hyper Crit. Phase, Paralytic Venom, and Bleed Activated!
Sword art used: Shadow Stitch - 6x(12+2)=84-(50/2)=59 DMG

- Health List -
[0]<Birdie> 
[0]<Hidden>                   580/580  HP || 36 MIT ||  12 DMG || 53/58 NRG
[?]<???>                   ???/???  HP || ??? MIT ||  ?? DMG || ???/??? NRG

Super Flying Monkey       -120/200 HP ||  50 MIT || 250 DMG || 3 EVA 
Super Flying Monkey         22/200 HP ||  50 MIT || 250 DMG || 3 EVA  <<Paralyzed 1/1, Bleed (-24) 2/2>>

(Turn order: Birdie > Macradon > Hidden > @Kasier > Super Flying Monkeys)

Edited by Hidden
Spoiler

Stats:
Health: 740/740
Energy: 74/74
Damage: 1
Mitigation: 89
Paralyze: 1 (Armor)
T2 Recovery: 2 (+4 Energy)
T2 Regen: 2 (+20 HP)
Life Mending: 2 (+20% Healing)
Equipment:
Vanity Starter Weapon
Oblivion T2: 2x Recovery, 1x Mitigation
Regeneration Plate T2: 2x Regen, 1x Paralyze
Springs Rebirth T2: 2x Life Mending, 2x Mitigation
Battle Ready:
Banner of Leadership: (1*Tier) damage for you and five players; 2/3 charge; Refill: 5,000
Banner of Superior Support: (+120 HP for 6 players; 3/3 charge; Refill: 5,000)
Teleportation Crystal
5x Mass HP Recovery Song T2 (+90 HP entire party)
5x Safeguard potion
Skills:
Rank 5 First Aid
Rank 4 Block
Howl
Survival
Mod:
Purify
Sharpness
Field Medic

With Kasier's single point of damage, there was no point of Kasier attacking despite the fact that the monkeys were low on health, and because of the fact that she goes last out of all of the players, there was a huge possibility that she won't get the chance to heal before the battle ends. Kasier shrugged, it was good that she won't have to heal because that meant the battle had been a piece of cake and all the players were safe. Since she doesn't have anyone to heal, her second choice was to use her damage boosting mod but she soon decided against it as it was unnecessary at this point of the battle. She didn't recall precisely what the quest description said but she wasn't sure whether there will be a stronger boss after this wave of enemies. If there was, that would be when this mod becomes most effective and beneficial to the party.

"No one to heal. Passing. Be prepared for the monkeys," Kasier warned, wondering who the monkeys will attack out of the three players with hate. Before she said that, she was awfully tempted at using her howl skill to generate some hate so the monkeys would attack her instead of the two DPS players that is more vulnerable to damage, but she soon decided against it as they had already declared Macradon as the tank, meaning Kasier needed to stay and do her own job as the healer in case anything bad happens, and that's exactly what she will do - wait and watch carefully.

- Health List -
[2]<Birdie> 
[2]<Hidden>                   580/580  HP || 36 MIT ||  12 DMG || 53/58 NRG
[0]<Kasier>                   
740/740  HP || 89 MIT ||  1 DMG || 74/74 NRG

Super Flying Monkey         22/200 HP ||  50 MIT || 250 DMG || 3 EVA  <<Paralyzed 1/1, Bleed (-24) 2/2>>

(Turn order: @Birdie > Macradon > Hidden > Kasier > Super Flying Monkeys)

Edited by Kasier

The fight was almost over before it began - one monkey fell to a sweeping arc of Mac's greatsword and another by Hidden's expertly precise SA, leaving the last two avian primates to fend for themselves. With both health bars sitting at a little over one tenth, even a middle-of-the-pack Sword Art would take them out for good- not before they could exact minor vengeance, however. The first took off high into the air Westwards as the other flew East, both rising to a height which dwarfed the peak of the tower they guarded. At the apex of flight, they each spun around with their stomachs facing the ground and flared out their wings, using the force of an immensely powerful flap to propel their bodies down faster than a speeding bullet. Wings tucked in and monstrous arms outstretched, the mobs unleashed fearsome screams and cries as they burst through the air on a collision course with the Scarlet Templar.

- Monster roll -
ID: 88180
MD: 9+3 (Crit, +1 damage)
Target: Macradon - 251 dmg dealt

- Attack roll -
ID: 88155
BD: 2+3-3
Sword art used: n/a - miss

[2]<Birdie>               700/700  HP ||  39 MIT ||  12 DMG ||  57/70  NRG
[2]<Macradon>            1395/1395 HP || 111 MIT ||  13 DMG || 114/138 NRG
[2]<Hidden>               580/580  HP ||  36 MIT ||  12 DMG ||  53/58  NRG
[0]<Kasier>               
740/740  HP ||  89 MIT ||   1 DMG ||  74/74  NRG

(Turn order: Birdie > @Macradon > Hidden > Kasier > Super Flying Monkeys)

Edited by Birdie

It was all going smoothly, slowly taking down monkeys like flies one at a time. It was working, but Macradon just thought that it was tedious, too slow. He was used to fast AOE sweep teams that took out mobs of monsters in no time, so having single target DPS players with him was … different to say the least. Only 2 monkeys were left after Macradon’s devastating follow through as well as Hidden’s quick snipe on a monkey. The two left quickly maneuvered around all the players and ascended up into the skies in quick movements. Flaps with their wings sent them diving right down towards Macradon. Taking 2 heavy blows, Macradon would’ve timed his attack accordingly. As the attacks hit upon him, without staggering a single inch, he would unleash a Calamity Disaster Sword Art after taking a backstep, making sure he caught the monkeys as they would have to slow down after the attack if they wanted not to crash into the ground. Six deadly swings would cleave right through them, decimating the last single bit of health they had left. Sheathing his sword once again, Macradon would look at the party as the monkeys had been eradicated. “Let’s go look for that Mane, it’s probably not the exact same place as last time I did the quest, but it might be close” he said and began to walk towards the tower.

- Attack roll -
ID: 88193
BD: 7+3-3=7, Hit!
CD: 2, No proc.
Sword art used: Calamity Disaster - 6x2x13-50=106 
 AOE DMG

[2]<Birdie>               700/700  HP ||  39 MIT ||  12 DMG ||  57/70  NRG
[4]<Macradon>            1214/1395 HP || 111 MIT ||  13 DMG ||  91/138 NRG
[2]<Hidden>               580/580  HP ||  36 MIT ||  12 DMG ||  53/58  NRG
[0]<Kasier>               
740/740  HP ||  89 MIT ||   1 DMG ||  74/74  NRG