F2 PP) Turning The Foe (Feeding the Enemy)

Spoiler

Requirements:

Thread Length: 1 Page/20 Posts

The monster tamed must be smaller than a large dog and within reason. The tamed monster must also be logically tamed, and as such most humanoid monsters will not be tamable. Staff reserves the right to deny certain types of familiars. If you're worried that your familiar may not be approved before searching for it, please PM a member of Staff.

Rewards:

1. The title <<(Insert beast's type name) Tamer>>
  2. A familiar (Possibly, view chart below.)
  3. 1 Skill Point

Familiar Results:
When feeding a familiar, you have one chance to tame a familiar every 15 posts. That means you may only roll the loot die for the familiar on the fifteenth post. If you don't want a familiar that you tamed without buffs, you may kill it and continue searching. Use the loot die(LD) to see if you do. Familiars may only be attempted to be found in intervals of 15 posts of the attempting player.

LD 1 - 10 Failure No monster is found or the taming attempt is unsuccessful.
LD 11-18 Success Monster is found and may be successfully tamed. 
LD 19+ Success Monster is found and successfully tamed. Player may choose an extra skill from the Familiar Enhancements, submitted for approval via the Evaluations forum.

The stars were out, the night being young. Waking up, he stretched out his arms, walking outside his tailor into the beautiful night sky. He loved this.... It was what he had named his shop for. The Starview Tailor. If you came at night..... THe view was amazing. All the stars lit the sky up, breaking all limits of what was thought possible. They showed all the opportunites that existed, every star being something to happen. He loved stargazing.... He didn't know why, but he loved it.

I can't believe i'v made it this far.... Iv got a shop, i live on a beautiful floor. This place.... theres nothing else i could really need.... I'm alive.... I'v managed to live this long in Sword Art Online.... Iv made friends that will last the rest of my life......

While he was thinking this he climbed a tree near his house, still in his safezone so he couldn't get hurt, tieing the rope around his stomach as he climbed up to the top, looking out over the night sky, watching all the bats and nocturnal birds.

I love it here.... I love Sword art Online.... Its given me more then i ever had....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone were to ask Embers if she was stalking him, she'd deny it and say she was out hunting monsters. Of course, that statement was nothing short of a lie. She was stalking Stryder, had been all day. Ever since he had brought her up to where she learnt Martial Arts. He, interested her. She wouldn't deny it to herself, but no one else needed to know the truth of the matter. Mostly she sat on the roof of his store, waiting and watching. She spotted him move onto the tree, and grinned. She doubted he knew she was there, how could he? Normal people don't expect someone they just met to stalk them. More entertainment for her. 

She looked at the tree, then the roof. That was totally in jumping range. She drew her Battle Axe and gave it a spin. She grinned wide, surpressing her laughter. Oh how this would be glorious! She leap forwards, and let out a mighty battle cry as her axe slammed into the tree. She wondered how he would react as she swung a leg, getting a 'seat' in the tree. And that's when the laughter rolled out.

Sky was literally about to pass out, about to fall asleep in the tree when he heard a battle cry! He quickly leapt up, before hearing the impact on the tree, in which he heard some metal, meaning it was a metal weapon. He was in a safe zone, and he knew it, so he wasn't worried at all, however still shocked, he leapt off the tree, swinging back in and landing half way, looking around until he heard the laughter.... Laughter he recognised. 

"Very funny..." He answered, shaking his head before climbing back up, glaring at Ember. He was semi annoyed at her, both for that stupid stunt and because he had been about to fall asleep. Though he was impressed she had managed to actually get up here without any help, not expecting her to really be used to climbing in SAO yet.

"Where did ya come from Ember?"

The girls laughter only got harder as Stryder recognised her, but she managed to claw it back to a snicker by the time Stryder clambered up the tree to 'meet' her. She let out a sigh, a smirk eating at her face "You looked so peaceful, i had no other choice than to kick open the door" She said, as if that explained and justified her 'assault' on him. In her mind, it did perfectly. Something that innocent had to be disrupted, like leaping into a pool just because the water was still. To prove she was a force of nature itself. 

When asked where she came from, the girl snorted. As if she was gunna tell him she'd spent a good few hours hanging out on the roof of his store. "Was around hunting monsters, didn't find nothing, then got lost. I spotted you and figured, why the hell not, ya know?" She said, once again, acting as if her attack was entirely justified. The girl placed her battle-axe back onto her back, before looking at Stryder. "You're plotting something, ain't ya Fly-Boy? I can tell before you deny it, so come on, spill the beans..."

Sky sighed as he got himself back on top of the tree, offering Fire a hand to get up, lifting her to the top of the tree if she wanted him to. After that, he looked out at the hills, illumincent in the night as towering shadows that just dotted the entire horizon. Her reasoning was a little sad, he didn't put it past her but... Her reasoning still just didn't make him the most comfotable person, but that might just be because he had only woken up about ten minutes ago.

"You, hunting monsters, here, at your level? Sure" He answered in a sarcastic way, not really believing it but deciding he just didn't care as much as he probably should have. As he looked out on the horizon, he saw the glint of something, flying away.... Or maybe something in the tree's? He had no idea, though he did remember a quest he had picked up from a Gypsy, which he had never actually completed.

"Well since you have nothing better to do then to try and kill me, how about coming with me on a quest?"

She grimced slightly as he obviously didn't believe her excuse, but hadn't questioned her on it neither. In a way, it was a blessing? She kept where she was, she wasn't a huge fan of nighttime scenary, too much to hide in her opinion. The day was where she thrived, under the burning heat of the sun! "Yeah, I can hunt. Ain't found nothing i can kill safely of course" She said grudgily, sorta admitting her excuse was bad, but didn't wanna admit the truth. Wouldn't admit it. 

She would have closed her eyes, when Stryder asked her for help on a quest? She snorted slightly, but there was the spark within her eyes that awaited to be lit "A quest eh? What sorta quest we talking about here Kid? Because if its some combat one against high level monsters, don't even think about it. I might be good, but this game limits my skill with the stupid levelling system...I gotta wait a little before i can kill things worthy of my weapon..."

She glanced back at her weapon, she needed an upgrade at some point....It was all good to have it, but there would be a time when her battle axe would be gone, replaced by the weapon of death itself. She grinned darkly, ohh what a glorious weapon she'd wield. 

He didn't bother reacting to her saying about hunting, he full well she had yet to figure out how fights worked in this world. He had, after many fights he had learnt exactly how to deal with it. It wasn't to hard, and once you got used to it, you learnt to take away the pain factor.... From most things. This had become their reality now, and now anything that happens mentally will affect them here too. 

When she asked what kind of quest it was, he looked towards her, knowing it was kinda boring, and might not be here feisty style, but there was times when fighting wasn't all there was to this place, a lot of the time it was building up the friendships you needed to live through it without going insane! He didn't question anything in what she had asked, except for that thing about worthy of a weapon, making him wonder just what kind of person she really was, though if she agreed to go along he would find out.

"This floors easy, your in no danger around me. Anyway, the quest shouldn't involve much fighting, im just going to try and find a familiar, hopefully something that will be able to protect me" He said, looking down at his gear. He wanted it so bad..... He wanted to wear the jacket he had specifically made FOR survival. He didn't want to keep this stupid suit on any longer. Soon, he would be stronger.

He wanted to find a...Familiar?! The girl frowned down at him as she spoke. What the hell was a Familiar? The only thing that came to mind was a spirit or ghost, which made very little sense to her. Why would you want a Spirit, and how would it 'protect him'? After many moments of trying to figure it out, she gave up and shrugged. It was, after giving up, did she remember that pets were also called familiars, and that's when it made a lot more sense what he'd said. 

"So you wanna find a pet eh?" She asked, as if to confirm what he'd said to her. "And this, pet, will help you in combat or something?" She asked. Sword Art Onlines combat systems weren't simple by any means, and then there were buffs and stacks and exceptions. At the end of the day, at a low level, Ember knew she'd never fully comprehend them. Her only hope was to get high enough that, it didn't matter. She'd destroy anything in her path, and burn it all to the ground. A dark grin entered her face as her brain escalated. When she was a high enough level, oh the wonderful things she could do..

"More like keep me company, be a pain in the ass, protect me in combat, and be a companion until i leave this game" He responds with confidence, smiling as he walked into his shop, holding the door open for Fire. He had a few items to grab beforehand, and didn't want to forget them behind when he went out on this long search. He full well knew it was not going to be easy, the familiar could be a demon to try and get, but he was determined this time around, and he was GOING to find one.

"So, you in?" He asked her before vanishing out of sight. WIthin a minute he came out, wearing a shirt instead of his normal gentlemen suit. He had basic jeans on instead of the black fancy cloth. He was so used to that armor, but now that it was off he felt weird, but relieved. He also had in his hand a recording crystal, which he was throwing in the air and catching it as he walked out of his shop, ready to go searching for something to call his. A cute little critter that was going to be able to keep him alive during all his adventures. Somethign that was going to actually help him survive in this world, something to keep him company when no one else could.... He was going to find it, that little glimmer he had seen.

- Equipped Summer Stars In place of Gentemen's suit

The girl followed Stryder inside his shop, of course, she knew its interior rather well, she'd spent most of today staring in from the roof. Mostly out of borderm, because if you could do something, why wouldn't you? She crashed on one of the couches as she waited, looking around. The shop seemed different on the inside, homely was the word that came to mind. A word she spat out. She had a distaste that, the calmly familiar. She needed fire in her veins, adventure. It was how she was born, how she'd lived. Hell, the only way she knew HOW to live. 

"Yeah, count me in" She muttered closing her eyes, not noticing the change in Fly-Boys wardrobe as she contined sitting on the couch for a while, before kicking her feet up and standing tall. She let out a deep breath and looked at Stryder, raising an eyebrow as she finally noticed the shift in his clothes, but said nothing "So what kinda pet are you huntin' down eh? Some Drake?" She asked, ignorant to the games Familiar systems. It was one of the many things the girl opted to worry about later 

Sky was glad she was in, it made his life a lot easier. The last time he had done this he had nearly gone insane, even with someone with him. He had nearly died.... That guy, Hikoru... He was scary, and he was dangerous. A frontliner that was on the first floor.... He didn't even know how he had gotten out of that one. He snapped out of it. Once out of his shop, a cold gust blew up, a shine flashing in the distance as his coat, hair, everything was blown by a powerful gust of air that made the tree's sing. 

"I don't know yet, whatever i happen to have been seeing all night" He smiles, before taking a few steps forwards into the gustling wind.

"Hope you gonna be able to keep up" He calls back, his voice being carried by the wind right into Ember. He then took off, knowing she would want some excitement. She had stalked him, she needed exitement. He ran down the hill, stopping about half way down and seeing a flash out of the corner of his eye, before hearing the sound of something... He didn't know what it was. 

Its here.... I just gotta find it.

Whatever he happened to see? Embers didn't fully understand him if she was honest with herself, that sentence was weird. But who was she to question it? It wasn't like she was that smart either way. She let out a lazy breath, she couldn't find it any other way. This was going to suck, boring. She knew that going in, yet she'd still signed herself up and the reason was childish. She had spent the day stalking Stryder, mostly out of bordem. What was this, other than stalking some more? She wasn't entirely why she was stalking him however, he was just some kid. Yet he interested her, and apparently that was reason enough. 

Of course, when Stryder RAN, it was a spark. One deadly spark, because Embers was true to her name. She was a small fire, just waiting, yearning, for fuel. Stryder had just lit up a forest fire! Grinning madly, the girl shot off after him. While she did move quickly, she was limited by the games mechanics, but even Stryder would see the fact that, should be be free, the control she had over her body was immense. If he hadn't suspected it before, he would know now. Outside of SAO, she was as stronger as her avatar suggested. 

Sky had expected her to keep up, but not as well as she did. Sure, she hadn't learnt how to use the system to her advantage yet, but she did well, managing to keep up with him. He wondered if she was a track runner in the real world.... He had a good feeling she was a lot more then a track runner, but he didn't have anyway of proving it, yet. He grinned, stepping into the forest, vanishing from sight. he quickly dashed into bushes, and due to not having the skill he made a bit of noise, though he hid himself from view, making his breathing as silent as he could as he entered stealth.

- Stryder entered stealth, rating of 10 (LD 10+ to find)

While hidden in the bush, he stared into the stars, seeing hundreds of flashes as the world around him just lit up from the strs. He loved the night.... it was just... so beautiful, so nice to see. Such a beautiful sight to look at. He didn't know why he enjoyed them so much, hell he named his entire store and his best items about the stars.... They just... gave him hope. He pulled out the crystal, using it. The song not audiable yet however to Ember, as he was keeping it quiet and hidden.

- Used Ambient Music - Familiar call - +1 to LD when searching for familiar for 1 thread.

Spoiler

ID: 87793

LD: 1 

Result: Stryder not found 

The girl was keeping up a good pace, she was used to running in dense tree-areas, having done it often with her dad as fitness training when she was younger. So when faced with the prosspect again, she found it natural. However, her roaming mind did offer Stryder the time he needed to conceal himself and vanish from sight. 

Embers took a deep breath and looked around. He had to be here, she knew it. So where the hell was he? Had he gone up into a tree again? Expecting that, she crouched down and leap up with impressive strength, grabbing onto a tree branch and looking up. Nope, no kid. She let out a growl, what was he playing at? 

"Oi Kid! The hell you at? You can't just up and vanish, its called being rude ya know!" She yelled loudly as she paced back and forth looking for him. 

Edited by Embers
Spoiler

ID# 87794 results:

Loot: 15+2(Gloves)+1(Familiar Call) - 18 - Familiar found!!! - Not tamed, i need an enchanted one

Sky couldn't help but laugh a little, the song now playing loudly, the ambient music sounding a lot like it would if this was a normal ideo game. With the music though, he felt something.... coming towardsh im. He saw a flash, a small light flasing above him, and before long he felt something JET into his stomach at high speed, winding him badly. 

Fam found 

Spoiler

Image result for Fantasy small Pet dragon

Can fly 

Sky opened his eyes, looking at the creature that was now laying asleep on his gut. He couldn't help but feel a bond with it.... And he could tell by looking at it that this thing was special.... it was what he had been looking for!!! Though as he tried to feed it, moving to pull some meat from his inventory, it snapped at him, making him stay on the ground with it laying on him...

Oh, your going to be like this... Alright, i'l show you a good time then i;l try again

Ember continued to hunt around, where had Stryder gone?! She knew for certain he was in this general area, her eyes were keen and knew she hadn't missed him. She couldn't hear him, but her ears were far from perfect. Was he crawling on the ground, or maybe up clambering in the trees? She let out a hiss of anger, this was a game of hide-and-seek. That kid somehow knew how to make her steam up. Oh when her level caught up, she'd make him regret ever meeting her. 

"Oi! Kid! The 'Ell you go!?" She called out again as she reached onto her back and drew her weapon, the standard Two-Handed Battleaxe, not a showy weapon, but something in her hands to bring her a small level of comfort. She was mostly looking out for monsters, from what she could guess, monsters were more than likely to come out at night, meaning she might have to protect herself. She hoped not, she was a little under levelled for this sorta stuff...

Sky heard the girl calling out, wondering where he had gone. He laughed a little, the weird dog licking his face a little. He hadn't managed to tame it, but it was sure friendly!!! Sky smiled, managing to barely sit up, the thing sitting on his shoulder comfortably, and falling asleep. He didn't know what it was..... but he could already feel a bond with this thing, even though it wasn't tamed. 

He stood up, smiling then saw her massive axe pulled off her back, making sky raise a hand in defense, knowing she wasn't the most stable person.

"Hey, put that thing away Fire, your safe here. No monster on this floor will mess with me" He said to her, laughing a little. The creature on his shoulder, reacting othe laugh, scratched Sky in the face, the red lines appearing, his HP not going down however. He was shocked that he didn't actually get hurt by it, but he could feel the phantom pain in his cheek. 

"I think i found my familiar, though i haven't tamed it ye-" It scratched him along the face, once again. "Yet, she, or he, has kinda made itself comfortable on my shoulder, whats say you we go out and do somethin, like hunt down some weak monsters?" He says, laughing a little as the scratches closed up.

Finally! So that is where he was hiding...Although, she did frown when she saw that little miscreant he was carrying on his shoulder. What, was it?! It looked weird and it was clawing him, but given his level, she doubted his cared for it much. He had found it, yet hadn't tamed it? The girl let out a sigh, and contemplated leaving until he mentioned they hunt something down. A grin sprung up on her face, finally. A hunt, and a killing. She tightened the grip on her weapon.

"Kid, you're asking me, ME, if i wanna go hunt something. You may as well as the Emperor of China to kneel" She smirked at her own reference, that being of the movie 'Mulan', a movie she'd rather enjoyed when she was little "Count me in. As long as you keep their attention on you of course" Ever since Stryder hadkicked it into her that she had to play by the games rules, she had become safer in terms of combat, while a lower level, she knew she would have to take precautions in order to stay alive. After all, even death could snuff out her flame. 

Sky shrugged, as in if to say 'of course'. He had gone out fighting with many young fighters, and he had learnt how to keep their agro on him well. It wasn't hard to do, just get the first hit in, and after that just beg that the other person doesn't crit. Though he had stun arts, which he would use in the start of a fight to keep others alive. He remembered that she hadn't actually seen him in action yet..... When he had fought the wolf he had been down the moutain, and she had been at the top fighting the rock. He wondered if she even suspected how strong he could be.... And he wasn't even that powerful yet. As he was thinking the little critter started rubbing up against his face, licking him, and bitting at his cheek. Sky responded by scratching the bottom of its chin, the hting starting to happily breath,

Spoiler

Stryder H1

Spoiler

HP: 360

Energy: 26/36

Level: 18

DMG: 10 base 

3 Base + 4 Sword art + 3 Gloves

EVA: 1

Mit: 18

ACC: 3

Concentration - Usable

Survival

ID# 87824 results:

Battle: 7+3-Hit

Leaping Crane 10*7x1-70- Stun

Wolf - 110/180 HP 52 DMG - 70 dmg done - Stunned

ID# 87825 results:

MOB: 2

"Don't wor... Goddamn it" He said, hearing the snarl, and noticing his little friend on his shoulder starting to go off a little towards the bushes. He quickly dashed towards a tree, running up the side of it before pushing off, using his momenum to do a new sword art!!! Leaping Crane, and as he dashed intowards the Dire wolf that jump from the bushes, which tried to bite him only to get kicked in the head so hard it flew into the air, and landed stunned.

Spoiler

Stryder 360/360 HP, 32/36 ENG, 3 ACC, 1 EVA, 18MIT. Hate: 1

Embers 20/20 HP 0/2 ENG Hate: 0 

ID: 87844

BD: 3 <Miss>

Wolf - 110/180 HP 52 DMG -  Stunned

The girl put her eyes back on that weird creature that Stryder had found. It looked, well, almost sicky in her eyes. Was that really the familiar he wanted? Maybe it would be her, but she wanted something fierce. Like, a hound or something. She'd never had a pet, always on the move made it too hard. But in the game, maybe she could get a familiar. But, that was for another time. For now, she looked around for something to fight. But, it found Stryder first. She watched the kid tussle with it, and spun her weapon around in her hands waiting for an opening.

She'd never fought with the battle axe before, hell, in this game properly. Her weapon glowed as she activated a Sword Art. Whirlwind, and she threw herself forwards. But, combat with an axe was very different to combat with her bare hands in the real world, and the girl swung her axe into a tree instead of the disabled wolf. "T-the hell was that?" She asked, looking at her weapon. She was still very unfamiliar with many game mechanics it seemed. 

Edited by Embers