[PP-F2] Bees, Glorious Bees <<Return of the Queen>>

Birdie smiled as she half-failed to suppress a snicker, though just as the girl opened her mouth to reply, a heavy buzzing caught her ears from behind. "Huh- gah!" As if the system took temporary control of her muscles, she instinctively fell backwards to avoid the stinger of the Queen. "Damn, too close!" Catching herself before she fell, Birdie dashed backwards and watched as the Wasp Queen swung herself around mid-air, initiating another charge without delay. "I'll lure the Queen away, deal with the drones!" She kicked against the dirt and sprinted, moving as far from the other mobs as she could to ensure Aereth's AoE wouldn't catch the boss. Once far enough, she glanced across her shoulder and ground to a halt, rearing her blade to prepare a fresh Sword Art as her target drew closer.

"Scccrrreeee!"

The Queen cried as fourteen stabs burst into her abdomen, knocking her health down by 20% as the bluenette emerged just metres away.

ID# 87903
Battle: 8+3
Damage: 12*14=168-75=93 damage

ID# 87909
CD: 2
MD: 2

[The Queen : 1] Birdie - HP: 720/720 - EN: 58/72
[Bee Minions: 1] Aereth - HP: 624/880 - EN: 54/88

The Queen - HP407/500 - MIT: 75 DMG: 200
Bee Minion #6 - HP: 57/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125
Bee Minion #7 - HP: 57/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125
Bee Minion #8 - HP: 57/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Birdie lured the filed boss away, which only left Aereth and the three almost dead Bee Minions. He was sure that one more hit would definitely end them and thus he would soon be able to catch up to the bluenette and help her take down the wasp queen. 

Somehow this whole quest was quite an uphill battle for both of them. They missed far too often and there was still no end in sight. And as if the wasps were able to read his mind, they easily dodged his next attempt to end their pathetic virtual lives. "Damn, if I can't start the combo the whole area of effect sword art will fail." Aereth cursed as he now had to dodge the fury of attacks from the half dead mobs. At this point, he was just hoping that Birdie would have an easier time hitting the queen...

ID: 87905

Battle: 1+3 Miss

Mob: 6-3 Miss

[The Queen : 1] Birdie - HP: 720/720 - EN: 58/72
[Bee Minions: 1] Aereth - HP: 624/880 - EN: 53/88

@Birdie

The post-motion delay seized control of her muscles, leading her to stand completely still whilst overlooking Aereth's fight. Things didn't seem to be going well - the Bee's hive mind allowed them to strike in near-perfect co-ordination and left the brunette little time to get in an attack of his own. If only she help him out with an AoE...

A loud buzz brought her attention back to the Queen and Birdie quickly regained control of her actions, twisting around just in time to notice the boss charging. The bluenette's high evasion stat allowed her to dodge the incoming assault and prepare a fresh attack of her own, using her most favoured Sword Art as her rapier glowed a brilliant blue. She darted at her foe and swung her blade forwards and back, repeating the same motion with a flashy display of swirls and spins to decimate the Queen's health bar by another 20%. The Queen's eyes flashed a bloodthirsty red as she spun faster than Birdie dodge, slashing her stringer into the bluenette's abdomen. The girl fell to the dirt with a thud, frozen with a hand pressed against her wound and the other propping her body up from the ground.

ID# 87906
Battle: 9+3
Damage: 13*14=182-75=107 damage

ID# 87910
CD: 8 (Matriarch's Stinger activated, stunned and bleeding for 24 damage for the next two turns) 
MD: 1

[The Queen: 3] Birdie - HP: 720/720 - EN: 46/72 - Stunned/Bleeding (24 damage) for the next 2 turns
[Bee Minions: 1] Aereth - HP: 624/880 - EN: 53/88

The Queen - HP: 300/500 - MIT: 75 DMG: 200

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

"Enough." he mentally screamed, as he jumped back to avoid another hit from his foes. Fortunately, there was a tree nearby which he used as some kind of springboard to finally start retaliating. 

At this point, he was done with playing around. He just wanted to get this quest over with, get all the rewards and grab something to eat and drink afterwards. He twisted his body mid-air and started to charge up his material arts area of effect sword art. Fortunately, the <<Tornado Kick>> connected and he was able to execute the manoeuvre without problems this time around. The remaining mobs burst into tiny little polygons and immediately after he landed on the ground again, he started to head towards the direction where Birdie left with the field boss. 

While running Aereth sheathed his blade and prepared to take on the last remaining opponent of today...

ID# 87907 results:

Battle: 7+3 Hit
Damage: More than enough. <<Tornado Kick>>

[H:3] Birdie - HP: 720/720 - EN: 58/72
[H:0] Aereth - HP: 624/880 - EN: 42/88

Bee Minion #6 - HP: 0/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125
Bee Minion #7 - HP: 0/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125
Bee Minion #8 - HP: 0/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125

@Birdie

Seconds felt like minutes as she lie on the ground, motionless with her paralysed wits about her. A single streak of the Queen's abdominal needle had inflicted a crippling status effect - Matriarch's Stinger, a combination of paralyse and bleed. The poison stung in a non-literal sense, slowly and easily draining her HP every second until the timer would run out. Fifteen seconds later and barely half of its duration had been expelled. She couldn't turn her body or move her eyes far enough to see but as the boss' buzzing grew closer, the bluenette sealed her eyes and hoped for a miss.

Slice

When she opened her eyes, a numb pain rang through her entire body. Just over 15% of health bar dropped in an instant and continued to drop - if Aereth didn't intervene quickly, she feared entering an inescapable cycle of paralysis and damage, and there was only one possible outcome at that point...

ID# -
Battle: -

ID# 87912
CD: 4
MD: 9-3 (Crit!)
Damage: 126-39=87

[The Queen: 3] Birdie - HP: 609/720 - EN: 46/72 - Stunned/Bleeding (24 damage), 1 turn left
[Bee Minions: 1] Aereth - HP: 624/880 - EN: 42/88

The Queen - HP: 300/500 - MIT: 75 DMG: 200

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

Hearing the sounds of battle slowly drawing closer, Aereth ran as fast as his virtual feet could carry him. Thankfully he was able to dispatch all of the remaining minions and now finally he would be able to aid Birdie in her quest of taking down the field boss. 

When Aereth entered the scene, he saw how his blue haired companion was down on the floor with red damage markers all over her. Her health was slowly falling and she didn't move as the queen started to close in for yet another attack. There was no time to think much about the situation. Instinctively drawing his blade, the brunette activated his <<Charge>> skill and sped towards the wasp queen in order to intercept the mob before it could reach the blue haired scout. For the first time now the brunette was using his full speed and full strength. Just in time Aereth dashed past the bluenette and began to charge up his strongest single target sword art. The Phase enhancement coated the brunette in a dark aura as he jumped up to bury his fist into the body of the mob. It seemed the mob did either not notice or completely ignore him. It was only focused on Birdie. Big mistake. Aereth unleashed the punch and immediately two forces fought for dominance. The wasp put all her power into resisting of being pushed back, and Aereth put all his power into breaking through the defence of her.

And he did break through. The body armor of the queen slowly began to make cracking noises and the Aereth started to overpower her. His hood got pulled back by the winds that picked up and the queen got thrown back a couple of meters before he also jumped back to see if Birdie was ok. "Hey there. You ok?" he asked as he helped her up again to her feet.

ID# 87916 results:
Battle: 9 Critical Hit
Damage: (14+3+1)*15-37 = 233 DMG (Charge + 9er Crit. with Phase)

[H: 3] Birdie - HP: 609/720 - EN: 46/72 - Stunned/Bleeding (24 damage), 1 turn left
[H: 2] Aereth - HP: 624/880 - EN: 42/88

The Queen - HP: 67/500 - MIT: 75 DMG: 200

@Birdie

Somewhere in the chaos, Birdie succumbed to another sting although only the bleeding effect had been reapplied. As she watched Aereth approach and offer a hand, the girl eagerly accepted his help and rose to her feet, resting a hand on his shoulder to support herself for a moment. "Am I okay? You want an honest answer?" A smile arched across her lips, and she looked back to the elite boss. "As far as fights go, like this has been like... the worst I've ever taken part in." Although the stun had already expired, she couldn't help but experience a placebo stiffness in her limbs. Rather than dwell on it for too long, Birdie moved aside and sent the man a nod, managing to keep herself upright. "For the love of God, finish this dumb quest so we can get the hell out of here." A thought suddenly occurred to her and she tried to smile casually, "Looks like you'll be the one buying dinner tonight."

ID# -
Battle: -

ID# 87935
CD: 10 <<Matriarch's Stinger inflicted, bleeding for 2 more turns
MD: 4-3

[H:3] Birdie - HP: 585/720 - EN: 46/72 - Stunned/Bleeding - 1 turn left, Bleeding for the next 2 turns
[H:2] Aereth - HP: 624/880 - EN: 42/88

The Queen - HP: 67/500 - MIT: 75 DMG: 200

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

First chuckling that quickly turned into mild laughing was the reaction Aereth gave the blue haired scout as she told him how this had been one of the worst fights she ever fought in her time here. "For me, it was not the worst, but also most definitely one of the more unpleasant ones. Hehe.

At the sound of an angry wasp queen approaching them, Aereth quickly turned around and switched from his phase weapon to his accuracy ring. "I got this." was all he said as he started to rush towards the wasp once more. 

A couple of moments and another <<All Might>> later, the queen was finished and Aereth made his way back to Birdie. "You are right. I'm going to pay." he said and examined the last hit reward for the queen, before sending a request to give the item to her. "You want that? It says that it is a unique item that raises the power of bleed effects and I don't use these enhancements."

@Birdie

ID# 87943 results:
Battle: 5+3
Damage: <All f*cking Might> so more than enough

[H:3] Birdie - HP: 585/720 - EN: 46/72 - Stunned/Bleeding - 1 turn left, Bleeding for the next 2 turns
[H:2] Aereth - HP: 624/880 - EN: 25/88

The Queen - HP: 0/500 - MIT: 75 DMG: 200

Unfathomable relief swept through Birdie as the Queen finally fell, exploding in a charade of floating digital fragments. One last punch from Aereth put an end to the tyranny and, more importantly, allowed them to turn in the quest and reap a few extra experience points for their troubles. Before that however, a trade window popped up in front of the bluenette, leading her to curiously inspect the item's properties. "Hmm... I suppose it could come in handy sometime," she commented, lifting a finger to press accept. Before she did, however, a sense of guilt overwhelmed her and she hovered over the 'Cancel Trade' button instead. "Buuut, I wouldn't get much use out of it either. And seeing as you're paying for dinner, you might be able to pay back the difference with that LH bonus." She sent a smile his way, "Besides, I'm not ordering light, gotta abuse this while I can." Quiet laughter escaped her lips, and she turned towards the dirt path that led them there.

"Hey, uh... thanks for today. I was kinda nervous about meeting up but all things considered.. it's been a productive day." An embarrassed smile overwhelmed her, and she started towards the road. "Sooo, not to be a downer or anything, but you wouldn't happen to know some nice restaurants outside of the cities would you? I don't usually eat away from a safe zone - n-never have, actually."

Birdie - HP: 561/720 Bleeding, 2 turns left

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

It seemed like Aereth was about to keep the item for himself, as Birdie also had no use for it. "Don't worry. I've got enough money to keep both of us from starving," he said with a chuckle and returned the smile as she told him how she was nervous about their meeting. 

"No need to thank me for anything. I'm just glad to know that you are alright and back with the living again. After the whole trouble of the last couple of weeks, it's good to have back an old rival, partner and friend. I finally got to tell you my real story. Something that I wanted to do for quite some time now. And don't worry. I actually know somebody. He has a restaurant near that mountain where one can get the material arts skill. From the outside, it looks kinda like a ruin, but the guy is one of the best cooks in this game, I swear." Aereth said, thinking back to that old 'friend' of him as he led the way.

@Birdie

Though her health was slowly ticking away, she shrugged it off and focused on the conversation right as Aereth began to speak. He even personally recommended a restaurant, to which she commented: "Sounds... shady." Birdie raised a smile, "As long as I don't have to worry about getting a knife through my back, I like it. He got some kind of specialty?"

As Aereth brought up his real story's unveiling, she reminisced on the things they spoke about earlier on the third floor. So much had changed since way back - Aereth exceeded her in level, they both grew as people & players and perhaps most importantly, they were already able to learn more about each other. "A-about that, again, I'm really sorry for everything you've been through. I can't begin to fathom what that would be like... I'm happy you're comfortable enough discussing it with me. To an extent, talking about him is... also quite unpleasant." She lowered her eyes. Although the bluenette talked about Tobias like his very name was taboo, her true feelings weren't quite as extreme. "At least we have each other again, right?"

The Sun grew heavy over the horizon. Checking the time in her menu, a startled look came over Birdie as she realised how long they'd been out for - no wonder their stomachs were getting antsy.

@Aereth

Birdie - HP: 537/720 Bleeding, 1 turns left

Edited by Birdie

"Sounds shady, looks shady, is shady." Aereth replied with a smirk. "Just kidding. I trust that man. We did some 'business' together in the past. He's a pretty decent war-hammer user, and one of my main sources of information." He then added, thinking back to the big clusterf*ck mission that caused the two of them to meet. "Another story for another day." Aereth thought as they marched side by side.

"It's ok. You're one of my oldest friends in here and I trust you. You know... I've tried so hard to cope with that matter through different means, but as soon as I think I can move on all this hatred, darkness and rage come back to me and I feel like sometimes talking helps... Keeps me from doing stupid things from time to time..." Aereth added with a bitter chuckle, but didn't press the matter of her talking about her missing lover. If she wanted to talk she always could. Even though he played like he was just another more or less normal person, deep inside he was broken beyond repair and was just trying to fool everybody around him (himself included) into thinking that everything was alright. That he just wanted to make this place better, safer more comfortable... 

The last comment made him chuckle a little bit. "While it is true that we at least have each other again, you can't deny that this sounded oddly romantic for two rivals, right?"

@Birdie

The decision to meet up with Aereth seemed like a bigger blessing as time went on. It pained her to learn how much he was suffering; the bluenette understood how he felt in a way, though to nowhere near the degree of his pain. Deep inside, Birdie became uncomfortable at the prospect of discussing emotions, though she masked her unease by giving the softest smile one could muster, speaking in a kind tone. "We're only human. I know I'm not much of a counsellor but if you're ever feeling down and get a chance to talk, I'm only one message away." Now that she was back from hiatus, nothing stood between helping her friends.

Her face flushed ever-so-slightly, "D-don't put evil notions in my head!" Aereth had a point, and she sighed softly before facing the road ahead. "It's only romantic if you think of it like that. Besides, you wouldn't think it was romantic if you and a guy friend were getting food... or would you?"  Her lips contorted into a lighthearted smirk and she turned sidelong, looking at the man with curious eyes. "What makes you say that, anyway?"

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

Aereth gave back the smile and replied. "Thanks, maybe I'll come back to that offer at some day..." He wasn't sure though. As much as he liked the thought of having someone to tell about all the stuff that was bothering him, Birdie seemed to have enough problems on her own and he wouldn't want to make her worry too much about him.

Thankfully they managed to change to a more lighthearted subject. Lately, Aereth found out that he was quite proficient in messing around with the females around him. He also noticed that it was a kinda amusing thing to do, which resulted in him trying to fluster his female companions if the opportunity would arise. "No, you are right. But that is because I'm not into guys. And I see you don't read many books which involve romance, huh?" Aereth said in a warm and honest tone, before fetching a small book out of his inventory.  "I would not wish any companion in the world but you..."  Aereth quoted while handing the book over to her. On the cover stood "The Tempest from William Shakespeare". "Maybe, if you're interested, you can read that. It's one of my favorite works."

@Birdie

"W-well... not since coming to this world, no." In truth, Birdie was never a stickler for romance. She could decimate an entire library of written literacy yet love novels would remain untouched; They were always a painful reminder of how much the girl's Mother starved her of affection growing up. Catching sight of Aereth's menu, the girl watched his hand drift across the greyed-out display, and she tried her best not to seem surprised or confused from his seemingly random quote. IT became somewhat clearer when he presented her with an item- a book- and she promptly accepted it from his extended hand.

Birdie's eyes danced around the surface of the cover, a soft smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "I haven't read any of Shakespeare's works since school," she commented, flipping the assortment of pages to its back cover to scan the synopsis. "God, writing essays on these made them hard to appreciate..." It almost felt wrong to accept such a gift - after all, there was no telling how rare the item was. "D-definitely, I'd love to read it. I wouldn't have pinned you as the kind to read- no offence." The girl dragged her eyes away from the cover and looked up to Aereth, "It feels a little wrong take one of your favourites though... Are there more like it?"

@Aereth

Aereth nodded in agreement. "Yes. Back in the days we were forced to read them. Forced to understand the meaning behind every word. It was a horror." He said, in a voice filled with some discomfort as he thought back to that times. His expression lightened up again however, as he heard Birdie say how he didn't look like somebody who read much. With a small chuckle he replied. "None taken. What makes you think that way?" he casually asked.

Just then they reached the inn/restaurant they were searching for, and Aereth caught a glimpse of his appearance. He still wore his complete battle gear. Some clicks in his menu later and Aereth's armor vanished back into his inventory, now he only wore some casual black pants and boots in combination with a grey sleeveless hoodie. "Take it. I've read it like 100 times already. And yes, I managed to find Hamlet and Romeo & Juliet as well some time back when I didn't have that orange cursor. Nowadays I can't buy them anymore since I can't enter the safe zones. And it seems like we're here.

With that he opened the door for Birdie and they entered the restaurant. From the outside it really looked a little bit like a ruin, but as they entered it didn't look half bad. Behind the counter stood a blonde man with an orange cursor smoking a cigarette. "Hey Ren. You finally got that money you still owe me?" Aereth called out as the two of them walked over to the counter. "As soon as you get me that unique war hammer you promised me some time back." Ren said in a somehow annoyed tone as they reached the counter. "Come on, back then I was drunk as hell, you know that." Ren's stare hardened. "We can't get drunk in here..." What then followed were some tense moments of silence, before both of them started to chuckle. "It's good to see you again, Max. It's been too long." Ren said with a smile and turned to face Birdie. "And it seems like you aren't alone today?

Aereth also smiled at the blonde as he replied. "Yes this a friend of mine. Birdie, Ren. Ren, Birdie."

@Birdie

Just as the girl went to answer Aereth's question, the appearance of a restaurant derailed her train of thought as she absentmindedly gazed upon its exterior. Unsurprisingly, what he said about it was true; It looked exactly like a rundown ruin from the outside. Praying that things would be prettier inside, Birdie turned to see Aereth changing outfits and wondered if she should do the same - a light half-breastplate and combat-oriented gear wasn't the most comfortable outfit after all. Deciding it was better to enter an unknown established prepared, she dispelled any thoughts of changing her clothes and fine-tuned her focus to Aereth's voice. "In that case, I'll make sure to savour the experience. S-sorry to hear you can't buy them anymore... but I could always keep an eye out for more books for you."

After a quick shift of scene, her eyes jumped around the room's decor in awe. The transformation from horrible ruin to wonderful café was like night and day, though Birdie's innocent inspection of the room stopped abruptly the moment she laid eyes on another orange player. Tensions appeared to arise all of sudden, though all was revealed to be a spout of banter as both men laughed it off and exchanged pleasantries. After Ren uttered a real name- 'Max', which she assumed must be Aereth's real name- the waiter inquired about the bluenette and she perked up a little bit, speaking up once more. "It's a pleasure to finally meet, I've only heard good things about you from Aereth." After careful consideration, she decided to omit the part about Aereth calling him shady. "Would you happen to know where two hungry stomachs can get some food around here?" A lighthearted smile adorned her lips as she spoke, quite obviously being facetious.

@Aereth

"Really?" Aereth asked with a smile on his face. "That would be really awesome. I'll, of course, pay you for every book you manage to get me. If you find anything interesting just pick it up and shoot me a message." He said still smiling. "Thank you."

Ren chuckled at Birdie's introduction. "Oh really? Somehow I can't believe that. I'm knowing him too good. He most probably said something like 'he looks like a criminal, but makes the best food on the whole second floor'." Now Ren started to laugh, while he finished cleaning the glass in his hand.

"Yeah, of course, I said that cause it's freaking true, my friend" Aereth replied with a smile on his own. 

"You're the one talking, Mr. IWontLeaveTheHouseWithoutMyHood." Ren countered before turning back towards Birdie. "So what do you two beauties want to eat? It's on the house today."

@Birdie

"O-oh, on the house?" It was a pointless question, she realised, but Ren's generosity had caught her off-guard. Seeing as she wasn't familiar with the menu, Birdie made an uncertain look at Aereth as if seeking help from the man, although a sudden stroke of genius provided the answer instead. "Th-thank you, I think I'll have whatever he's having and a glass of sparkling rosé, please." A kind smile accompanied her response as she briefly glanced at her ex-rival, imparting the slightest hint of a smirk as if to say 'choose wisely'.

Chairs seemed abundantly empty - not as a sign of bad or low quality food but rather a testament to its sequestered status. If she happened upon the building during a random excursion, the idea of it being a business wouldn't have crossed her mind; If anything, she'd think it was a back alley-type meeting place for PK'ers and unsavoury folk.

Birdie laid eyes on a quiet table by the front and, after thanking Ren for his quality service, made towards it. After a hard day's questing and a poorly fought boss battle, she fought the urge to curl up in her seat and doze off to sleep, instead slumping down with a tired yawn. Staving off exhaustion, she propped her head up against the wall and laid eyes on Aereth, a smile tugging at her cheeks. "Thanks for today. All things considered, it was kinda fun!... the bee quest notwithstanding." Truly, it was an infuriating fight.

All that remained to be done was eating their food and then parting ways for the day, having earned some well-deserved rest for their efforts. That left only one question out in the open, "You wanna do this again sometime?" Realising Aereth could have taken that the wrong way, Birdie's eyes popped open as she reiterated, "N-not like, eating together- I meant questing. O-or gathering, or something else- I mean, when should we meet up again?" 

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

Aereth gulped as he caught the glance of his blue haired companion. "Well.... I don't know if you are an Asian food lover, but he makes one of the best miso ramen in the whole. game. So I'll go with that, and pint of beer." Aereth said to Ren before Birdie led them to an empty table.

"No need to thank me. I'm just glad you're back. Just like old times. With the many things that changed in the last couple of months, it's good to have some constants in one's life. It really was fun, and yeah... F*ck these bees." Aereth answered as shortly afterwards also a yawn escaped him.

"Oi! No cursing around pretty girls. I mean, seriously Max... What the f*ck?" Ren shouted out of the kitchen which resulted in the few other people in the room starting to chuckle, to which Aereth simply shrugged with a toothy grin.

After that Birdie asked if they should meet up for some questing, gathering or something else in the near future. Aereth laughed, as she began to stutter again, in fear that he would understand something wrong. "Sure, anytime. Just shoot me a message on the evening before you want to do something and I'll be there. Oh, and you don't have to be so embarrassed around me. I'm just good in messing around with others." Aereth said and his laughter turned into simple chuckling. He would never try to hit on girls that were unsure about their own feelings for another person. But messing around? Always...

@Birdie