{PP - F1} RGQ: A Mutt-er of Utmost Importance

It was a breezy afternoon, and Pinball was wandering the First Floyd's wilderness. Now that he was Level 3 and had a decent weapon, he found he could travel most areas without unnecessary fear. On one of these walks, he came across a small farm. Strange, he thought. Farms were usually a lot closer to towns. Either way, Pinball decided to investigate. On the porch sat an old NPC man smoking a pipe. The NPC wore typical farmer's grab, and he stood up when Pinball approached. An icon floated over his head, signaling an available quest. Interested, Pinball talked to him. Upon hearing the details of the quest, Pinball was unsure whether or not he would be able to solo it. It was pretty risky, even if the wolves were only slightly stronger than the boars. But he really wanted to fight something. Pinball desperately surveyed the area, betting on the off chance he would find someone around to help.

@Xander Rush

Xander watched the warm breeze come in on the waves of grass that lined the outside of the city. He gave a nervous gulp but pushed forward, knowing he had to leave the city at some point if he wanted to survive past just living. Xander longed to thrive, not just live. The further out he went from the city the smaller it became behind him, a fresh memory at this point he felt renewed and excited for adventure, maybe he could even find his friends? Shaking his mind of the semi sweet thought he scanned the area, squinting at a small home in the distance. 

"what is that..? Who would live out here." On a mission to answer his own question he made his way to what now was obviously a farm. "Ah, NPCs of course." He tousled his hair and took a deep breath before approaching an older NPC rocking himself on a chair, smiling as if he was expecting Xander, and the other player that stood next to the already expecting man. Both seemed to be waiting for something, hopefully it wasn't him? Looking behind himself then back at the two. "What are we waiting for?" 

Pinball locked eyes with Xander, breaking out into a wide smile. This was just what he needed. Judging the man by his appearance, he was rather new as well. He quickly hid the smile as an idea crossed his mind. For Pinball, this idea was much easier than normally starting a conversation, even if it was a bit... peculiar. He lowered his head, and grinned with the most evil expression he could muster. Locking eyes with the newly arrived player, he raised his finger, and pointed at Xander. "You," he growled, his voice low and grave. He held the position for a solid 10 seconds, un-moving. The black haired teen couldn't hold it together, and produced a laugh that was half choking noise half snort. "I'm just messing with ya," he said. "I actually have a bit of a favor to ask. See, this farmer has been having some trouble with wolves." He pointed over his shoulder at the NPC, the quest icon hovering above his head.

As Xander drew close the other player seemed to grow an ominous air about him, bellowing "you" stating they had been both waiting for Xander to slink out of town and got lost and find them, he stiffened at the players words almost assuming he was in trouble and squeaked "me?!" Before clearing his throws and grumbling once the raven haired teen seemed to break out in hysterics. Smoothing his clothing and hair Xander grinned. "Yah got me, thats good! I'll give you that." He shook his head in near disbelief before following his lead to view the NPC elder with an icon over him. 

"Wolves?" Xander gulped, not sure how to respond. He could help the two. But this would be the first time he left the city AND took a quest. To top it off he would be hunting? Xander hoped this wouldn't be his demise but he couldn't fight the excitement that grew within him. The same excitement he felt before every show, big or small he always felt that fire within him flicker. "This will be a first for me, but let's do this!" He beemed confidently. As he accepted the elders request and the man before him. "My name is Xander." He said with a grin, hoping that maybe the two could get along. 

Pinball smiled. The man seemed to have taken his little joke well, and Pinball appreciated that. Based on the man's reaction, he was a good natured person. Easy to get along with? Pinball would soon find out. Pinball shrugged when Xander gulped Wolves? "Well, consider the wolves one step above a boar. Not extremely difficult," he said casually enough. A grim, serious tone crept into his usually carefree voice. "Still very much deadly." He shook it off, returning Xander's gaze. As the man accepted the elder's quest, he added, "Should be easy enough with the two of us." Pinball was a bit impressed by his enthusiasm. People didn't usually dive in as optimistically as he just had. Especially not with a stranger. Thin line between bravery and stupidity. It didn't matter though. The man's true motive will become evident as they fight the first mob, and he seemed easy enough to get along with. Pinball returned the smile. "My name's Pinball. Nice to meet ya." Twirling his dagger in his off hand, he sent Xander a party request. "Let's get this done quickly, then," Pinball grinned, twirling on the back of his foot, and started walking, humming a tune. "Should be awhile till we find a wolf, seeing as the spawning points are a little past this farm. Any conversation topics?

Xander turned to the teen, he couldn't have been any older than him but then again Xander being small and not extremely tall didn't really make him look 21, or like a man at all. Despite all that he grinned, the teens demeanor was a welcome change of pace, a jokester? Regardless of the type of person he is or was Xander welcomed the much needed company, even if it was just for slaying.."Wolves." He gave a head tilt and accepted the party request as he cleared his throat. "If wolves are a step up from boars, what's above wolves?"  shaking his head he gave a slight nod/ bow to Pinball, accepting his name and beginning his journey with the man, walking along side him and adjusting he heavy sword on his back, having it hilted at his side felt too awkward for someone who doesn't..sword..often. 

"Well I've got one, why Pinball? If you mind me asking." Xander smirked, small talk was one of his strong points. Both drunken and not. 

OOC: For this thread, let's say the Wolf has 12 HP and does 4 base damage. Seems fair, only a bit above a boar. 

After a bit of walking, they entered the wolf spawing territory. He didn't want to needlessly worry Xander, since they were only a bit into the area, so he just stayed a bit more alert, eyes darting to the trees that separated a lightly wooded area from the plains. "Well, I only say wolves are a step above boars since, by very nature, wolves are the more aggresive hunters," he replied, tossing his dagger up and down. "If you're unlucky enough, you could be killed by almost anything, so... there really aren't any clear "stages" the mobs follow." He shrugged. "Just gotta be careful." Further into the walk, he saw Xander adjusting the sword that hung across his back. "I know it might be uncomfortable now, but two handed weapons pack a wallop. At least, it's better than the butter knives I use," the lanky teen said, lazily stabbing the air. "Why Pinball? I don't mind at all, though It's not exactly a cool backstory," he shrugged, smiling. "When my mother and I moved to Japan, we had this cat," he replied. "Well, he would always dart around from room to room, and he had this black circle on the top of his head. The name 'Pinball' only seemed appropriate." He chuckled, happy and sad at the same time. "I miss that cat."

He kept walking, only to hear a rustle from a bush. Pinball quickly turned, swiping his dagger through the air, but he was too late. "Jesus!" he had time to exclaim. The wolf was on him with a snarl, hanging from his arm with jaws that tore his virtual skin. He threw the wolf off, but Pinball was the only one who sustained any damage. "Damn," Pinball muttered, glaring at the wolf. The wolf was crouched, snarling at them. "Found one," Pinball muttered to Xander with a nervous chuckle. 

*** #87505 ***

BD: 1 - Miss 

MD: 8- Hit 

Wolf: 12/12 HP 

Pinball: 56/60, 6/6 EN 

Xander: 20/20, 2/2 EN 

Edited by Pinball

(OOC: okay bare with me now this is the first time I've had to do the roll thing hopefully I read the rules right and didn't screw up too bad.)

"Well that's a lot cuter of a story than I expected. I'm sure he misses you too.." Xander trailed off, the idea of the world moving on and continuing even though they were trapped in SAO hadn't crossed his mind until now, he wondered if anyone he knew besides his band mates knew he was trapped here. If anyone had told his family. Did it really matter? 

As Xander and Pinball drew further away from the farm He couldn't help but get excited again, a chill ran down his spine, followed by his heart starting to race as he's ears began to ring and drum loudly with the sounds of his blood flowing. This was it, the moment he had spent an unhealthy amount of time avoiding,For good reason. Xander had never fought seriously in his life, let alone a wild pack of wolves. Though video games gave you power you didn't quite have before he wasn't sure if they were supposed to instill..confidence in what he was doing. But here he was, following someone he just met into a grassy opening where he could hear the patter of light paws, followed by an unmistakable growl and the feeling of sets of eyes watching his every movement. Before he could think the actions happened in such quick succession; Pinball threw a dagger into a nearby bush only to be greeted by a set of teeth to his arm, Xander's eyes grew wide as he quickly attempted to draw the two handed straight sword from his back, without thinking he quickly swung down with all the power in his body only to have the wolf detach from Pinball and rear it's head back, avoiding Xander's sword and snarling at him instead and snapping his teeth in attempt to grab hold of Xander. 

---ID: 87516---

BD: 1 (Critical Failure)

MB: 4 (Fail) 

Wolf: Hp:12/12

Pinball: Hp:56/60 En:6/6

Xander: Hp:20/20 En:1/2

Edited by Xander Rush

Pinball straightened himself, gripping his dagger tightly. The wolf was off him now, and was now aiming for Xander. "Damn it," he muttered nervously. If the wolf hadn't gotten the jump on them, they would have easily over-powered the enemy. He watched with a wary eye as Xander unstrapped the sword from his back, and clumsily swung it at the wolf. The sword missed, and the wolf jumped backwards, teeth bared. Pinball let out a bit of a growl himself, though more out of frustration than anything. He rushed forward, hoping to get the wolf's aggro off of Xander. Pinball took a quick, unpredictable swipe at the wolf, but only hit air. Luckily, the wolf had flinched, and was now recovering. The wolf jumped at Pinball, but the teen swiftly jumped to the side, barely avoiding the razor sharp teeth of the animal. "Alright," he shouted, hoping to get Xander's attention. "We got off to a bit of a bad start, but so did this... thing." He motioned to the wolf, who seemed to snarl at Pinball's rudeness. Despite himself, Pinball chuckled. They weren't finished yet, and the adrenaline pumping through his veins made him feel alive. "Let's kill the mutt!"

*** #87520 *** 

BD: 3 +1 = 4 - Miss

MD: 5 - Miss 

Pinball: 56/60 - 5/6 EN 

Xander Rush: 20/20 - 1/2 EN 

Edited by Pinball

Xander's breath caught and he felt weak, watching the wolf ready itself to attack him made him feel clammy, but he stood his ground, if he was could to get hurt he was going to take it with everything he's got and show no fear. Snarling back at the wolf he must have looked manic; a small crimson haired man squaring himself up with a wolf, both having teeth bared prepared for the downfall of one. Watching Pinball try to catch the wolf off gaurd again he striked but missed. He was quickly followed by the snapping jaws of the lone wolf who also missed. In the heat of battle it seemed dangerous but to others it probably looked silly, two players locked in battle with a beast, none actually landing blows but flailing at each other with the full intention of hurting one another. 

The wolf's eyes darted between the two, not trusting even the slightest of movements, but Xander wasn't about to give in the the bark of the beast. Taking another heavy swing the loud clatter of his sword into the teeth of the wolf wasn't what he quite expected, the wolves eyes met Xander's as if to smugly show off before releasing the sword and swiping a paw at the man in defense, which caused Xander to yank his sword from the jowls of the Wolf just quick enough to miss the painful embrace of talons. 

---87521---

BD: 3 (Fail)

MD: 3 (Fail) 

Pinball: Hp56/60 En:5/6

Xander: Hp20/20 En:1/2

Enemy

Wolf: Hp12/12

"This is ridiculous," Pinball muttered through clamped jaws. Neither the two of them nor the wolf in front of them had landed a blow. Instead of fighting a wolf, they seemed to be fighting the air. Thing is, foolishly swiping at the air would do them no good. He got into position to activate <<Round Accel>>, a sword art that allowed the user two strikes, creating small tempests of air around it. He growled, and brought his dagger down on the wolf, two, quick strikes. The wolf let out a yelp as his slashes connected; it obviously wasn't expecting either of the two players to actually hit it. The wolf shrank back, growling, but there was a new sense of carefullness in it's eyes, the dark red orbs darting between Pinball and Xander. Pinball himself jumped backwards, landing behind Xander Rush in a sudden display of unprecedented atheleticism. Filled with renewed vigor, Pinball nodded at Xander, an almost confident grin plastered on his face. "We can do this.

BD: 7 + 1 = 8 - Hit 

MD: 5- Fail

Dmg: 2 base, +1 dmg enhancement = 3*2*1= 6 DMG done to <<WOLF>>

Pinball: 56/60 - 4/6 EN 

Xander Rush: 20/20 - 1/2 EN 

<<WOLF>> 6/12 

Edited by Pinball

Xander quickly followed Pinball's attack; closing his eyes tight and thrusting his sword straight forward into the wolves flank, the sound of his sword meeting his side and the confused yelps and snarls rising from the wolf almost made Xander feel bad, he tensed and nearly froze when the eyes of the wolf met his own. Before he could pull his sword out of it's side the wolf was onto him, tackling Xander to th ground as it's gnashing teeth sunk into Xander's arm that he used to gaurd his face and neck, in shock of the wolf's bravery, but acting quickly he kicked the wolf off of him and tried his best to recover, it wasn't too painful but was still scary none the less. "We've almost got him Pinball!" He panted between baited breaths As his mind ran circles. It was fine. He was fine, everything would be okay. 

---87529---

BD: 10 (Critical!) +2    

SwordArt: Straight- (2 Energy)

1*2(2x1)= 4 Dmg to Wolf          

MD: 8 (Success) 4 Dmg to Xander Rush

•Pinball: Hp56/60 En5/6       

•Xander: Hp16/20 En0/2

Enemy

•Wolf: Hp2/6 

Edited by Xander Rush

Pinball felt exhilarated. The adrenaline coursing through his veins would have let him run for miles without tiring. He saw Xander's attack miss, and couldn't help but let out a loud Woo! Then the wolf bit him. He saw Xander's health bar drop a bit, and the boy again remembered the gravity of the situation. However, it didn't stop him from feeling excited. This fighting was life or death. If he failed, he died. If he won, he lived another day, as well as became stronger. The cost of losing was so severe, and yet, he felt so alive. He wasn't going to let this mob, this wolf whose being was determined by 1's and 0's end him. Not today, at least. He grinned, and activated <<Round Accel>> once more. "One more time, baby!" he yelled, his dagger glowing blue. Two quick slashes and tempests of air ended the Wolf's being. Blue, translucent polygonal shard scattered with the sound of a clear bell. Pinball straightened himself, standing in the spot the wolf had been in only moments ago. He turned and faced Xander, a smile on his face. "A bit overkill, but... One down, five to go." 

** ID#87710

BD: 9 - Critical Hit 

MD: 8 - Hit - DEAD before turn~

Dmg: 3 + 1 + 1 = 5*2 = 10 

WOLF: -8 / 12 - DEAD 

Pinball: 56/60 - 3/6 

Xander Rush: 16/20 - 1/2

Edited by Pinball

Xander panted as he watched Pinball ready to strike the wolf again, quicker than the beast he lunged foward and finished him in two quick slashes. Xander's eyes widened as the wolf burst into thin air, a bright flash of blue then suddenly gone. Looking up at Pinball, beaming with excitement. "That was great! I could do that again!" He chuckled, knowing he had taken more damage than he would have liked but it was over, at least for now, he was afraid their commotion probably alertered the others to their presence and it was only a matter of time before they were face to face with yet another wolf. Maybe this wasn't as bad as he had originally thought, maybe he could make it in this dangerous world. "Non sense I would rather have it dead due to overkill than it get the best of us." Xander began to scan the area carefully, a little on edge and as excited as he had been in this setting so far. 

Out of Combat Healing 

Xander: Hp16/20 En1/2 --> Hp20/20 En2/2

"Well, don't worry, there's plenty more wolves where that came from," Pinball chuckled, scratching the back of his head. "Well, that fight was fun, even if we missed a lot more than I would have wanted. Maybe interesting is the better word for it?" He dismissed the sentence with a wave of his hand. They had two choices, it seemed. He pointed with his dagger in the direction the wolf had come from. "I think if we go through that forest, we'll probably find more. Way more. Or, we can keep following the forest and go to the plains like we originally planned." He stopped pointing and let his hand fall with a thump against his side. "I'll leave the decision up to you," he said, returning his dagger to its sheathe. "I really don't mind either way. We'll probably find wolves regardless of which way we go. So, forest, or the plains?" 

Out of Combat Healing 

Pinball: 56/60 - 60/60 HP

3/6 EN - (Do you gain one EN every Out of Combat post or two? I forgot, and can't find the post. Will edit later )

((OOC I thought it was one per post, in combat and 10 for ever out of combat. 3 out of combat posts no matter the hp you regain total hp)) 

Xander rolled his shoulders and gripped his sword tighter, the adrenaline flowing through his body like blood; is warmth keeping him from the edge of fear, allowing him to tip toe into danger without fear. This was certainly a thrill Xander wasn't expecting but he was glad he didn't freeze up in fear. Nodding at Pinball with a smug grin he made his way toward the forest. "Let's pay them a house visit. I'm sure it will put us on their radar."

trudging toward Xander couldn't help but shiver with excitement. He wanted to fight again, he wasn't sure if this new side of him was bad or not, maybe slightly unhealthy at most. "Now I see why people enjoy doing this when it's not their lives at stake, actually even then maybe I can still see their reasoning." shaking his head Xander scoffed at himself. "And to think I wanted to spend the rest of my life in this game hauled up inside of a tiny tavern for safety."