[PP-F13] Angel Slayer [FoT w/ Morgenstern]

Floor thirteen. Location: North of the safe zone of the main settlement. Today, Aereth would be tackling the hardest quest in the whole game. Of course he wouldn't do it alone, no, he had asked the best tank he knew, and most probably one of the best tanks in whole Aincrad to help him with this one. The brunette had been doing intense research on a special item he wanted to grab ever since he first saw it from Zandra and Ariel.

A special damage boosting banner. The sh*tton of experience and the Col rewards were just a bonus to him. And additionally he would finally be able to catch up with his old friend Jonathan. Aereth hadn't seen the blonde tank for some months now, and ever since he had parted ways with the Celestials a bunch of stuff happened to the killer of killers... His increase in strength and special equipment were just the tip of the iceberg...

@Morgenstern

The blond sat up from the couch of the guild hall. He had been rather lazy lately as he waited for another player to want to participate in his quests. He so far had achieved a best of one player. Aereth wished to go another adventure with him. This did not surprise him one bit as he and the DPS that was supposed to be a scout had traveled many times together. He had trained Aereth at his earlier stages and knew he was a good man, whose intentions sometimes got in front of what he needed to be doing. He opened his menu and grabbed out his equipment, preparing himself for an adventure. He knew this was suposed to be one of the harder quests. He gave a look to the training oom, a place where he trained occasionally before moving out the door and heading towards the town for the teleportation gate.

He now stood upon the 13th floor, a place he quite liked, but rarely visited anymore. He seen the brunette and walked up. "Well if it isn't Aereth, Pker of Pkers. Yeah, I have heard a lot about you, but this is the first in a while that I have heard from you" He chuckled. Jonathan noted he looked stronger, and he would probably soon surpass the lazy blond. Jonathan had been trying to grind lately, but couldn't find a good person to do it with.

"The Falling of Tagas won't be an easy quest. In fact, it is one of the harder quests out there at the moment. Shoudn't be too much of a struggle, but I am prepared if need be"

Being an Alchemist, Jonathan usually found many potions while making peoples orders.

@Aereth

Aereth chuckled as he heard the familiar voice of a certain blonde tank. "Seems like it really doesn't go unnoticed how I'm filling, or better how I'm crossing out names on the Monument of Life recently." With that he got up and extended a hand to Jonathan. "Somebody has to put some spokes in the wheels of the PKing guilds. It's good to see you again, Jonathan. I hope you are doing fine?" he asked as they would shake hands.

"And yes, I know that the Tagas quest isn't going to be a childs play, but like you I am prepared as well. I've changed quite a bit on my build since the last time you saw me." Aereth said with a smile. Grandmastering Material Arts and getting a few ranks of Charge weren't the only things he did in the last couple of months. "So you ready to head out?" He asked one last time while sending Jonathan a party invitation.

@Morgenstern mobile post, so sorry for crappy formatting and typos. 

The man stood up and extended his hand, which Jonathan firmly shook, and Aereth kindly explained that someone had to make it harder for the Pker guilds. "Perhaps, but it is a dangerous game you play, I can only hope to prepare you for when you would start meeting the leaders. They used to show up to raid meetings, and were equally strong as a frontliner named Opal, who was one of the most feared and untrusted Pker" Jonathan swiped his hand down, grabbing <<Maiden's Kiss>> out of his inventory. "This was her weapon, but I believe it was a fallen enhancement when she used it" Jonathan put away the weapon and they got back onto the topic of Tagas.

"I think I have noticed you ahve changed your build. No hardcore scout would be able to take down so many Pkers, without a decent amount of combat abilities" Th man sent him aparty invitation and asked him if he was ready to set out. The blond nodded and equipped his new items and began to move forward. Stepping forward, heading towards the holy chapel. Prepare yourself for the undead. They don't like to attack unless there are groups of them. They don't go near the holy chapel if we can get there in time."

@Aereth

"I know that I'm playing with fire, but I'm taking care. So don't worry. I'm not going for the big PK guilds at the moment. I'm just thinning out their ranks as good as I can. And I also know that the big fishes are way out of my league currently. My recent encounter with the head of the Laughing Coffin showed me that... But exactly that fact brings me here. I want to get stronger, and that quest will help both of us with that. I heard that the experience rewards are crazy good." Aereth answered. He needed to get quite some levels going. He was currently at level 44, which was not bad, but he needed to finally hit tier three if he wanted to pose any threat to the stronger players. And he for sure would sooner or later. 

"Like I said, I'm ready to go. My health points and my energy are full and ready to go." Aereth said, cracking his knuckles. "I think the quest description said that we should head this way until we find said chapel." He was wondering how Jonathan got that much information about the mobs here, but decided not to think too hard about it. He was already a frontliner, so maybe he had already met somebody who already had taken this quest...

@Morgenstern

Jonathan was glad to know that @Aereth knew the power of the higher individuals in the Pker guilds, and that each of them thereselves were a powerhouse. Completed builds of intense precision and calculation. Jonathan wasn't even sure if he could best them, and he was one of the highest individuals when it came to strength and power. Finally they became on topic, and were ready to go. "Let's keep an eye out"  Jonathan moved forward, keeping a heavy search on the surroundings. "I used to hang here a lot, and I like the Architecture of Angel's Point. I might build a house like those ones" The mobs had kept away so far, but the Chapel had so far not found its way into his vision. He wished it would just be easy to find instead of searching upon hours for it. Aereth probably had a scout skill or two, so perhaps he would find it and make himself the most useful. For now, he would just have to search for it until Aereth found it. 

87798 LD:13+3. Holy Chapel not found. 

Objectives List

• Find Chapel on LD:20+
  • Defeat (2) Mage Knights
  • Defeat or Save Tagas

It was a quiet but somehow depressing floor, and Aereth was wondering why the tank would consider moving to this floor. Maybe it was the silence and the peace because not many players were up here on this floor. The material gathering was harder than on any other floor, and the monsters were quite decent levelled at least for the majority of players. "Really? Is there any particular reason for that choice?" Aereth asked curiously, as they walked side by side while looking for that chapel of the quest. "You know, I live on the fourth floor in my shop and I really enjoy living there, but I also consider to build a home on a different floor. With that orange cursor, it is a pain in the butt to get up to higher floors where the stronger mobs spawn without teleport crystals."

ID# 87881 results:
Loot: 13+5 = 18 Nothing found

@Morgenstern

Jonathan walked forward, keeping a good eye around to their surroundings due to the mobs and looking for the chapel. IT would be a challenge for him, but Aereth would have a much easier time as long as he had been also investing into his scouting skills, which was supposed to be his main build, but instead moved to becoming a hard fighter. He shuffled forward before Aereth asked him what made him want to have a house on a floor like this. Jonathan shook his head and replied kindly, "No, I want one of the houses with the colored glass panes and white marble floors and walls. I'll higher a artisan to make drawings of my choosing etched into the walls" It will not be cheap, the man thought. He brushed off of his Angel's Jacket, the particles of rock and dust being swept off the bright white and gold sleeves. "Perhaps I am a little in over my head, but I guess I am just used to a fancy house. This is the most humble I hve lived recently then I have ever had" The blond chuckled, his eyes moving over to peer off into the distance. Aereth then mentioned how he lived in his shop on the fourth floor, but it was a pain to get all the way down there being unable to teleport. "Have you ever tried teleporting? Perhaps to see if there was an out of safe zone teleport crystal. It might work, I don't know..." 

87952 LD:5+3

Objectives List

• Defeat or Save Tagas

Aereth chuckled at his friend as he explained how he wanted to build something like a fancy mansion on this floor. "Seems like you'll have to dig deep into your pockets then. I can't imagine something like this being on the cheap end of price spectrum." Already normal houses were expensive as hell, and if Jonathan didn't want to live in a small hat, he would need to spend a good amount of Col for that.

As the two walked side by side, looking for the chapel the topic shifted towards the annoyance that was changing the floors. "I really haven't heard about anything like an out-of-the-safe-zone-teleport-gate. I usually just use some cheap crystals to change floors." Just as he finished his sentence, Aereth noticed a building that was oddly looking like something of a church. "Maybe that church over there is the one we're looking for?" Aereth asked and as if the system heard his question two <Corrupted Mage Knights> spawned. "Ready?"

ID# 88048 results:
Loot: 15+5 Found Chapel, Mage Knights spawn:

2 x <Corrupted Mage-Knight>: HP: 115 | Mitigation: 15 | Energy: 20 | DMG: 80

• Sword Arts: Flaming Strike (1x4) 4 Energy (Will use with one target)
  • Flaming Cleave (1x2 AOE) 4 Energy (If more than one target)

Special Effects: Wield Flaming swords that inflict Burn on an unmodified 8-10 upon an enemy (Regardless of missing). 20 Damage for 2 turns.

Objectives List

• Defeat or Save Tagas

OOC: I wanna let him go fully corrupt so that I can snag that extra SP as well as the Banner of Command.

@Morgenstern

• 5 weeks later...

Jonathan kept searching, but nothing was coming into view. A dark misty fog clouded his distant vision, only revealing shadows of the crazed deformed human mobs that remained in the outskirts. He kept his hand on the handle of his sword, just to remain safe in case of any surprise ambushes that may occur. "Hmm, have you ever tried sneaking past the guards and get into the safe zone? It might be risky as I am not sure if you can take damage when you are orange in the safe zone" They walked a bit further and Aereth pointed out a cathedral looking building. Jonathan frowned and stepped forward, as he got closer he noticed the faint gleam off of the building. He nodded and they walked forward. "Let's move forward with caution" Jonathan stepped forward, taking step onto the grand marble floors. Two bursts of light flared up and then two angel looking knights stepped forward. The boy grinned and unsheathed his sword before stepping forward to take charge of the battle. 

Aereth asked if he was ready and he nodded back to the man. The two enemies pulled out a flaming sword, making way towards him. The tank snickered before moving in, his weapon at a downward angle, ready for defense, or hard offense. They charged together and he blocked an opponent with his shield, and dodged the other with a quick sideways step. Sparks flew off of the ground as the Knight's sword struck the ground, the flames upon the blade trickling off if excited to make contact with something. Jonathan locked eyes with the opponent he had his shield against. He charged forward, ramming his shield into the opponent. His bash threw the target off of its balance and he brought forth his weapon, the white shining blade cutting through the chest of the knight. The blade cleanly cleaved through the chest of the Knight, cutting it in two. It burst into fragments of data that shimmered as the floated softly into the sky. He looked to the other Mage Knight who stood, its gaze wholly to him. "Forgetting about somebody?"

Roll: 88732
BD: 10
MD: 3

DMG (Morgenstern)  : 15+2=17*11=187-15=172 DMG. 
DMG (Mage Knights): Miss (0)

@Aereth 1261/1261 <> 95/106
Aereth ???/??? <> ??/??

Mage Knight A 0/115
Mage Knight B 

• 4 weeks later...

"Only a few times, but the guards on the higher floors are really annoying to deal with..." Aereth answered with a small sigh. "So I usually work with my cheap crystals." 

"Always. But lets end this quickly." Aereth said and followed the tank swiftly. If he wanted he could overtake the tank and start the first attack, but that would mean that he would have to let the opportunity of getting a free opening pass. And Aereth wasn't that stupid. He waited until the first mob got killed by Jonathan and activated his charge skill swiftly in the last second before he would be too close.

A glowing fist connected with the skull of the second guard and the monster immediately scattered into tiny polygons. "Great teamwork." he said to Jonathan.

"As always." The brunette added with a sly grin. They were working together like a well oiled machine when it came to combat. 

ID# 89466 results:
Battle: 10
Damage: 19*9-15= More than enough DMG

@Morgenstern 1261/1261 <> 95/106
Aereth 900/900 <> 80/90

Mage Knight A 0/115
Mage Knight B  0/115

We still going prepatch (Your Stats are the same)

Jonathan watched as Aereth charged forward, attacking with supreme speed and strength. Jonathan nodded his head and stepped forward. "Let's keep moving lively, we don't wish for any unsuspecting visits" Jonathan moved forward, moving to the base of the cathedral. Their welcome was short, and now they had come for the main event. As he stepped into the room a light shined from above and a light rocketed form the sky and into the ground. The boss, Tagas, welcomed them with a sword in hand. Jonathan raised his and he decided he would play it more tank this time around. He had heard from the quest giver that Tagas was still corrupting, but given long and he would be at his most powerful form. He wanted to see that a bit. He moved forward watching as the enemy became closer, its broadsword it carried malevolent in the light. He smirked and the angel swung the blade, its power grazing his shield and sending sparks flying across the battlefield. "I like him, he shows a little bit of promise" Jonathan shared to Aereth. Aereth fought with Martial Arts now, he wondered if hitting the heavily armored angel would feel pain from hitting the hard metal. The angel began to glow a soft warm light, and any sign of the fray they had just had was completely gone, even its sword to a nice coat of shine. "Hmm, heals himself, nice trick" 

Jon's Action: Focused Howl - 8 EN Cost 
Tagas Action: 89535 BD:5 CD:10

Morgenstern 1261/1261 <> 88/106
@Aereth 900/900 <> 80/90

<<Tagas- The Corrupted>>   350/350

• Corruption 1/2

HP350
Damage per Attack: 300

Mitigation: 25
Special Effects: Will mend 30 HP on a CD of a 10+.

Full Corruption (If he goes full corruption, his health returns to full and his stats become the following)
HP
: 650
Damage per Attack: 300

Mitigation: 65
Special Effects: Will blast all enemies for 150 damage that cannot be mitigated with a BD of a 10.

Aereth agreed with the blonde tank and nodded. "Yeah, let's continue moving. I wanna get this quest done." The two mobs guarding the chapel were pathetic to say the least. Both of them didn't even last two attacks before they scattered into little polygons. 

Then they encountered the boss mob they were looking for. Tagas emerged and challenged them for a battle. They didn't know exactly how strong the boss was, but he would undoubltely put up more of a fight than the two mobs that were guarding the entrance of the chapel. Jonathan howled and Tagas prepared for battle. 

"I'll wait and safe some energy, until he's fully corrupted. I want to see how strong he can get. And it is said that he yields higher rewards if we let him go fully corrupt." Aereth told his blonde comrade, while staying put for now. In case Jonathan needed some help he would immediately jump in and start fighting....

Forgoing Action.

@Morgenstern

• 2 weeks later...

The angel stood before him, wielding its great broad sword. He smiled as the creature flew at him valiantly, using its mighty wings to move at him with skill and speed. Jonathan manged to block the blow and gave a good sweeping blow towards the opponent. He was blocked and quickly countered. The blond rolled to the side, but the angel warrior managed to stay upon him, making many sweeping blows. Jonathan grimaced and thought to himself, ''Enough Playing around' He flicked his shield, its arc began gleaming in the lighting. He stood and charged, ramming into the angel with his shield and following with a quick slash that damaged its chest. The creature managed to get a hit onto him, but he didn't care The angel backed up, obviously noting that he would need to call upon an additional reserve to continue the fight with such formidable opponents. 

A harsh gray light took the color of the room, the once magnificent shade now becoming an ugly dark color. "What the" Lightning crackled about the Angel's body, shadows danced upon its armor. Black Feathers were now splotched into its wings. "I sense a new manner of the wa it moved now" The angel seemed more graceful, its body seeming light, stronger, faster than before. Quick as a blink of an idea it charged, barely giving time for Jonathan to block with his shield. He was thrown several feet back from the mere force of the blow. 

Not Rolling (Auto-Hit for Enemy)

Roll: XXXXX

BD:0
MD:6 (300-161-75=64 DMG)

Morgenstern 1197/1261 <> 89/106
@Aereth 900/900 <> 80/90

<<Tagas- The Corrupted>>   650/650

• Corruption 2/2
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally. The boss changed its form and Landed a solid hit on Jon. Well... It would have if it wasn't for Jonathans iron defense. "Man, you sure picked some mitigation since we last fought together." Aereth said as he prepared to charge at the field boss. 

Then he sped forward with the help of the <<Charge>> skill and buried his fist into the armor of Tagas. The angel grunted and got thrown back a couple of meters, and took some good damage from the attack.  

"He has some decent mitigation as well, but after a couple of hits we should be able to take him down rather easily. Let's just pray we are able to hit him often enough." He said, remembering some past grinding sessions, as he darted back behind the safety that Jonathan provided. Man it felt good to work with one of the best f*cking tanks in the whole game. 

ID# 90532 results:

Battle: 5+3 Hit
Damage: (14+3)*15 = 255 - 65 = 190

@Morgenstern 1197/1261 <> 89/106
Aereth 900/900 <> 80/90

<<Tagas- The Corrupted>>   460/650

Jonathan stood his ground as the angel brought forth many waves of attacks, many dodged or blocked by Jonathan. "I wasn't trained by a previous tank of Aincrad, to be slow and fall to heavy blows" He blocked another of the blows, a heavy clang falling before the room. Making another quick attack, the angel bound at him with full speed, just for Jonathan to duck out of the way and ram into him with his shield. The angel grunted and raised his blade high, preparing to smite the tank, but unexpectedly, a blur of a figure charged forward. All Jonathan was able to catch was a blur and the sight of a bright and powerful aura coming from the man's body and fist. The fist crashed into the angel, sending it flying into the wall ten meters back. Cracks appeared alongside the cathedral upon the impact. Aereth ducked behind Jonathan as he stepped forward slowly. "No worries. We will hit him. Both of us have been through intense situations and training, far beyond this" Smirking, Jon charged forward as soon as the Angel made it a few feet away from the wall. Instead of hitting it there, he moved past, bounding off the wall. He covered the distance at high speeds, his now sword now taking on a blue aura that burned brightly. He brought it from below the waist, striking upward. 

He struck with a fierce blow, but his blade, despite its supreme speed, had been intercepted by Tagas's Two-Handed Broadsword. A loud clang filled the room along with dust and a bright flash. Jonathan immediately moved in with his shield, slamming it into his opponent's chest, pushing it straight towards Aereth. 'I might not have gotten a hit in, but alas I am not the DPS'

BD:3
MD:3+1

Morgenstern 1261/1261 <> 88/106
@Aereth 900/900 <> 80/90

<<Tagas- The Corrupted>>   460/650

• 2 months later...

Aereth chuckled at the remarks of his battle hardened partner. Oh how true that was. "You're right. Remember that clusterf*ck quest on the 18th floor? I remember almost dying back then." he said with another chuckle at the thought. It all seemed so far away now.

The high pitched sound of blade meeting blade, snapped him back to reality. Tagas had parried the attack of Jonathan, so now was the best time for Aereth to get a hit in. The brunette pushed towards Jonathan and with a sharp "Fall back." signaled him that he was ready to attack. Thanks to their long experience in fighting together, Jon managed to fall back exactly at the right time for Aereth to jump at the confused Tagas and hit him directly into the face with his powerful All Might. 

ID# 93843 results:
Battle: 4+3, HIT
Damage: Damage: 14*15 = 210 - 65 = 145

@Morgenstern 1261/1261 <> 88/106
Aereth 900/900 <> 80/90

<<Tagas- The Corrupted>>   315/650

Replying to intense training situations, Aereth mentioned something about the eighteenth floor. "Nope. I have never touched the eighteenth floor!" He shouted back as he blocked another incoming attack. He ducked under the next blow, rolling back with his momentum. "Also, never have my party members almost died before! Except me... one time" That was when he was actually training with Aereth. "I am talking about the eleventh floor, with the ants and the RGQ!" They had gotten much experience that day, but Jonathan couldn't hit to save his life. He fell back on Aereth's command. They worked well together, but not as well as Jonathan and Itzal. He always knew what Itzal wanted without him even saying. Itzal read his movements for when to attack, and Jonathan knew Itzal's movements for when to fall back. The man dealt a good amount of damage as he brought his fist into the enemy. "Good one, but here I come!" 

Jonathan charged forward as Aereth came back, his sword gleaming a bright blue. The angel quickly turned its attention toward, him, cleaving its sword down at Jonathan. The blond tank rose his shield to intercept the blow. A loud clang was heard as the blade hit his shield. With a struggle and a smug smile, Jonathan stood back up, the sword still pressing down on his shield. "You're not on my level to be making attacks like that!" He swung his sword, the blade ripping through his opponents chest. 

94846 BD:7 MD:1 15*11=165-65=100 DMG!

@Morgenstern 1261/1261 <> 78/106
@Aereth 900/900 <> 80/90

<<Tagas- The Corrupted>>   215/650