[SP-F1] Lone Wolf {Complete}

Dazia was in need of more training, and she needed to deal with being alone this time. She decided that gathering would be the first thing to do, and she would avoid combat if possible, due to her low level. "So, I need to find the best way to survive, but to do that, I'll need to find which fits me better. There are two major things that have the potential to keep me alive: The Light, and The Darkness. I could go with either one, so I think I'd be better off with whichever one's better. However, that remains to be seen. Guess I have to go out there and get involved in this forsaken game if I'm ever going to live, let alone find my identity in this game..." One day, she might be able to figure it out, but she had to grow stronger first, if she was to do just that... Thinking out loud for a bit, she eventually said to herself, "It's settled, then. The only way for me to find my identity in SAO is to move forward and do something for once."

Edited by Dazia

"If I'm ever going to find who I must be, I need to start somewhere...but exactly where?" Dazia's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of advancing footsteps. She turned around to see a boar charging for her. "Why now?" Dazia jumped out of the way, and when the boar missed her, she thrust her blade in it's side, at which it squealed in pain. "I don't have time for this, so I'll make it quick." She was hoping to avoid combat, but it came for her anyway. As if this wasn't more than she could handle. "I guess there's just an aggressive mob here and there, but I can't keep going like this. I need to stay away from aggressive mobs if I'm going to live through this day." The boar's HP wasn't down to the yellow just yet, but it would only take two more hits to kill it.

ID# 87672 Mob: 3(Miss)

ID# 87673 BD: 8+1=9(Hit)

[1] Dazia: HP 20/20, EP 1/2

Enemies:

Boar: HP 6/10, 3 DMG

Edited by Dazia

Dazia needed to strike the boar at the right moment, but first, she decided to avoid it's next attack. The Boar charged in what was now a predictable charge. Dazia jumped out of the way just like before, and swung her blade at it's side, the force of the impact knocking it over and causing it to roll down the hill. The boar was really pissed now, but it didn't change the fact that it was either unlucky, reckless, arrogant or pathetic. Could have been all the above. "You're so weak, I could laugh about it right now." She didn't mean to get all cocky, but perhaps taunting it into a reckless rage might ensure her victory. "Come at me, if you can!" "I just need to avoid it once more, and soon I'll kill it with ease. Won't even know what hit it, if not regret it's rash, stupid decision."

ID# 87674 Mob: 2(Critical miss)

ID# 87675 BD: 6+1=7(Hit)

[2] Dazia: HP 20/20, EP 1/2

Enemies:

Boar: HP 2/10

Edited by Dazia

Now Dazia waited for the opportunity, as the boar got back up, and started up the hill. Dazia waited, and the hill was steep. The boar disappeared from view due to starting up the hill from the bottom, and Dazia listened for advancing footsteps. What she didn't know was that it was turning to go up the side of the hill, eventually reaching and charging at her from behind. "Agh! Hmph, you'll pay for that!" She kicked it on the side to reveal it's underside, and then she stabbed it in the heart, killing it. As the boar shattered, Dazia saw the loot menu appear, showing that she received 30 Col and two materials for killing the boar. "That'll teach you." And she continued on her way to a place where she could gather materials without a problem, hopefully not encountering anything else on the way. "Hopefully there shouldn't be anything else..."

ID# 87676 Mob: 10(Hyper Critical, +2 DMG)

ID# 87677 BD: 10(Hyper Critical, +2 DMG)

[4] Dazia: HP 15/20, EP 1/2

Enemies:

Boar: HP 0/10

ID# 87678 LD: 12, CD: 9(Looted 2 T1 Mats and 30 Col)

Edited by Dazia
  • 2 weeks later...

Dazia stopped for a minute or two, looked around, and then she thought she saw someone in the trees. She continued walking, but with her blade drawn this time, and then a figure dropped down, startling Dazia, and causing her to point her blade at the figure. The figure spoke as she took off the hood. "Relax, I'm not going to hurt you. Just getting down to head over to a good place to gather." Whoever this was, she had black hair and brown eyes, she wore grey light armor and a violet hood, and she had a dagger at her belt. Dazia lowered her blade. "I was actually heading over there myself." The other young woman looked at Dazia for a few seconds, then said, "I've heard that most players that survive go in groups. I'm more of a loner, but if I'm going to stay alive easily while I'm at this level...I guess I could go with someone, and actually get to know someone for a change."

Dazia thought for a minute. "Well...Oh, why not? I'm in a low level as well." "Right then, in that case, I think we should get going. By the way, I'm Lupix, the Lone Wolf." Dazia felt like she was being dragged through, as if this young woman here had little patience. "Normally, loners don't join others very often at all, but the whole low level situation does make sense." "I'm Dazia. My only goal is to survive by any means necessary." "Well, isn't that what everyone else usually wants? Anyway, in case you forget, I remember there being a good spot deep in the trees." Geez, this person. Did she literally believe that Dazia knew less than her? There should at least be some assumption of equal knowledge here, rather than...this. "Just why would I forget? I was headed to the forest for that reason." "Well, just anyone could respond that way..." "A little persistent to keep your point, eh?"

Edited by Dazia
  • 3 weeks later...

Dazia first tried so hard to feel as if the other person wasn't even there...but that didn't happen at all. This so-called "Lone Wolf" was nearby during the time she walked towards the original destination. To distract herself, Dazia scanned the current area as she walked. Nothing. At least she took the time to look. Lupix ran ahead to scout the current area, and encountered something. Figures that it would be a boar. "Careful, I hear they are usually lucky or something!" Dazia called out before she smirked. While the other person was distracted with combat, Dazia could search without feeling watched and slightly uncomfortable at the most... Until she heard advancing footsteps again. There was another boar headed over to the other, but Dazia was in it's way. Dazia glared at the monster, clearly trying to intimidate it into moving a different direction, or at least around her. "Move."

ID# 88294 LD: 8(Failed)

Edited by Dazia

Clearly, that didn't seem to work. Instead of moving, the boar was aggravated by Dazia's glare, and it charged for her. "Great." The boar successfully rammed her in the chest, but she was able to retaliate. "I don't have time for this ridiculous fight! Obviously you idiots don't know reason or common sense!" She turned to watch the other fight while the boar was busy getting back up. Lupix was having an easier time so far. She struck the boar on it's back, and held on tight. The boar she was facing couldn't reach her, so it bucked and squealed in both pain and frustration. "This ought to teach the likes of you!" Dazia turned back to her own problem, and the boar squealed in aggravation as it glared at Dazia. "Ugh, I don't have time for this. Neither of us have to die here! Is your A.I. solely focused on fighting anyone and everyone? It makes me sick!"

ID# 88296 Mob: 8(Hit)

ID# 88297 BD: 5+1=6(Hit)

[1] Dazia: HP 17/20, EP 1/2

Enemies:

Boar: HP 6/10, 3 DMG

Edited by Dazia

Dealing with a single boar was bad enough for Dazia, since she had no mitigation at all. But she would either have to kill it or run. The boar managed to hit her again, but Dazia still managed to strike the monster. "It's HP is in the red now, I just have to hit it once more, hopefully without getting hit myself..." As the boar squealed in frustration and pain while trying to get up, Dazia turned to see the other encounter. Lupix twisted her blade after stabbing it again, still on it's back. That boar threw Lupix off it's back, then ran her over. She got up, clearly upset. "Argh, You'll pay for that one!!!" Dazia turned back towards her foe. "You don't seem to have any hope to win this fight. I'd run if I were you." Dazia was hoping it would either miss in it's next attack, or run off. It wouldn't, but Dazia only needed to hit it once more.

ID# 88298 Mob: 7(Hit)

ID# 88299 BD: 5+1=6(Hit)

[2] Dazia: HP 14/20, EP 1/2

Enemies:

Boar: HP 2/10

Edited by Dazia

Dazia prepared herself for the boar's next attack, hoping to avoid it. The boar charged for her, but Dazia sidestepped and kicked it over, and then she stabbed it in it's belly, finishing off the monster. When it shattered, Dazia saw the loot menu appear to reveal that she only received Col. "Well, it's far better than nothing..." She turned to look at the other fight. Lupix charged for the boar, and struck her foe, killing the beast. The boar shattered, and Lupix said, "Mess with a wolf, you get the fangs." Dazia shook her head. "Wolves don't technically have fangs." "It's only a phrase. All I got from this thing was a small sum of Col. How about you?" "30 Col, but why does that matter? What does is that we're still alive." Dazia began walking towards the destination again, and Lupix slowly followed. "Hopefully this day won't get worse..."

ID# 88300 Mob: 2(Critical miss)

ID# 88301 BD: 10(Hyper Critical, +2 DMG)

ID# 88302 CD: 1, LD: 1(30 Col, nothing extra)

Dazia: HP 14/20, EP 1/2

Enemies:

Edited by Dazia

As Dazia was getting closer to the destination, she decided to look around for anything at all. She found nothing at all so far, and it seemed like Lupix was starting to get slightly restless. "Great, now I'm currently traveling towards a place on this floor said to have few if no monsters and more materials, and I can hardly find anything right now, probably because I'm looking out in the open, and there's another player that I wasn't exactly in the mood to encounter traveling along with me. I don't exactly see how this day could get better or worse. However, for now I should focus on what I need to do. find some materials, return to the safe zone, survive. That's pretty much it..." Her thoughts were interrupted by Lupix. "You seem to be a bit judgemental and you don't talk as much as any other player, so I'll ask, What's your opinion?"

ID# 88333 LD: 3(Failed)

Edited by Dazia

Now this player was asking Dazia about her opinion. "Well, that's a bit of a step up...maybe..." The two were drawing near to the destination, and Dazia decided to search while she spoke. She found a gemstone under a bush. "Well, if you're really asking what my opinion is, I honestly don't know what it will lead to. My current opinion is that this is a forsaken game that's been loaded with countless risks and gambles involving your life, and that there has to be a way to survive, although I don't know which path would help me more: the light or the darkness. I will be honest, I don't exactly trust you enough. You say you're a "Lone Wolf", but you seemed quick to come and tag along with me. How do I know you aren't someone trying to discreetly assassinate me or something?" Dazia waited patiently for an answer.

ID# 88346 LD: 19(+1 T1 Mat)

Edited by Dazia

Lupix chuckled and said, "Good sense of caution, but wrong. I've seen how other players survived and grew strong easily by sticking to others the first few days, so I wanted to see how that would work. A survival tactic to help me get by the first level or two." The two reached their destination, and Dazia began thinking of what else to say while she took this chance to search. She found nothing she could use so far, but that was only scratching the surface, so to speak. "...Alright, I kind of see what you mean. Then again, most players seem to be following the "Strength in numbers" tactic, and it has worked for most players so far, one of the occasional mistakes being when someone decides to bite off more than they can chew. Of course, we may have the same goal in the end and all, but I'm aware of your presence, so don't even think about trying anything funny!"

ID# 88349 LD: 8(Failed)

Edited by Dazia

Lupix chuckled in a way that it was almost, and could be confused with a scoff. "No need to worry, I prefer not to harm anyone at this level. Besides, I'd rather have half-loss duels to challenge myself as well as the other player. However, if the situation is that it's either someone else or me, I'd resolve the matter in a total loss duel, although it's the most regrettable, yet possibly the only action there if survival really is top priority." "Interesting...She's harmless at the moment, but she also knows to defend herself, preferably when her life is on the line...I see..." Dazia began thinking of a possible response as she searched. She found yet another gemstone, half buried in the ground under a branch. "I'm starting to see how this is, as well as what you just said meant. Everything here is pretty much hit or miss in such a way that it really isn't different from Dungeons and Dragons."

ID# 88350 LD: 18(+1 T1 Mat)

Edited by Dazia

Dazia continued what she was saying. "Sure, survival is my top priority, but I guess we both have our different ways. So far, I kind of used a new ally of mine to get this weapon for me." She drew her rapier halfway. "It is perfect quality, with damage and accuracy." Lupix responded to that with, "Well then, seeing that we are equals in a way, perhaps we could spar sometime when we get stronger. Everyone is different, but some of us allow ourselves to be influenced or affected by what's happening around us. See what I'm trying to say here? By the way, I like your reference to Dungeons and Dragons there, it's painful, but accurate. Painful in the way that the chances are like rolling those dice. But those darn things are never forgiving, nor are they merciful..." Dazia scanned the area while she thought of how to respond to that. Not exactly anything at the moment, so Dazia guessed they must have been under things and such.

ID# 88351 LD: 2(Failed)

Edited by Dazia

Dazia thought for a bit longer, but her thought finished and she knew what to say as soon as she heard advancing footsteps. "Unforgiving...Merciless...Like the fact that we have incoming..." As if on cue, the only two mobs in this area were almost on top of them. Dazia readied herself, and prepared to be the one to strike first. "I don't have time for you, but I doubt you would have listened to me..." Dazia was ready this time. She jumped on the boar's back as it charged, then forcefully leaned while holding the fur on it's back, causing it to fall over on it's side while Dazia herself moved her feet towards the ground. Dazia stabbed the boar in it's belly while it was knocked over, causing it to squeal in frustration and pain. There was another boar, but it wasn't necessarily after Dazia. It charged for Lupix, and the tusk and dagger ended up in lock.

ID# 88352 BD: 10(Hyper Critical, +2 DMG)

ID# 88353 Mob: 1(Critical miss)

[1] Dazia: HP 20/20, EP 1/2

Enemies:

Boar: HP 4/10, 3 DMG

Edited by Dazia

This was going better than expected at the moment. Nevertheless, Dazia had a boar to finish off, and that's what she intended to do. She thrust her weapon at the boar once it had gotten up, killing the monster. The loot menu appeared to show that Dazia had received eighty col from her victory. "Well, that's better than thirty." She turned to see the fight Lupix was embroiled in. The two broke the lock they were in, then the boar charged and rammed Lupix in the gut, whereas she retaliated by stabbing it. "You won't get the best of me, pig! Keep trying if you want, but you're dead meat!" Dazia shrugged knowing that her own fight was already over. At least it was over. Right now, she could encourage the other player. "Just two more hits and it's done for!" Dazia wasn't wrong there. That boar was definitely dead meat.

ID# 88354 BD: 6+1=7(Hit)

ID# 88355 CD: 3, LD: 18(Received a total of 80 Col)

Dazia: HP 20/20, EP 1/2

Enemies:

Edited by Dazia

While Lupix continued to fend off the boar, Dazia returned to searching. She found a gemstone under a rock, and then she looked back to the fight that was going on. Lupix was doing well, despite the fact that she had been hit. The boar had rammed her yet again, but the boar also got stabbed in retaliation. "Oh, I'm not through with you yet, just you wait, you're gonna bleed like a stuck pig!" Obviously Lupix was reveling in what seemed like an imminent victory. Either way, the boar was toast. "Don't get cocky now. Finish that thing off, and we'll get back to our conversation." Dazia checked what she had. So far, she had five materials, three gathered, two looted, and she had looted 140 Col from the boars she had killed. Hopefully there wouldn't be any further fighting for Dazia at the moment. "Guess I might have to stop soon."

ID# 88358 LD: 20(+1 T1 Mat)

Edited by Dazia

Dazia continued searching for now. However, although she looked under rocks, bushes, and underbrush in general, nothing was found. She turned to the fight going on. Lupix kicked the boar on the side, knocking it over before she finished it off. "That'll teach you." Dazia began wondering what kinds of enhancements she could go for when it came to gear or consumables. Right now, mitigation was a must. "You know, if we both had mitigation with our armor, we could take on a few mobs rather than just one, and also have nothing to worry about." Lupix looked over to Dazia. "I can't say that you're wrong. Although decent mitigation does well with weak mobs like these, we won't be getting this lucky with that when the enemies get stronger. Of course, it's not like that matters to me, since I don't intend on reaching for the frontlines. I'd rather just survive on the sidelines and leave the major bosses to those who are brave, strong, or just plain stupid enough to do so."

ID# 88361 LD: 1(Failed)

Edited by Dazia

Dazia looked around once more before she called it a day. Nothing at all. She couldn't say that she didn't try, though. "I can see why you don't want anything to do with the front lines, I currently want nothing to do with it either. I only want to survive by any means necessary, so I will most likely be doing whatever helps me survive. Whether or not it means strength in numbers or sit on the sidelines, be mostly alone or go all out, follow the light or tread the darkness... as long as I survive, the course of action doesn't matter that much, but if there is one thing that helps me to survive the most, I'll go with that." Lupix listened carefully before responding. "There are actually plenty of ways to survive, really. But some find specific ways better or easier for them for each their own reasons. So, in my opinion, you just need to find the method that suits you the most in order to survive."

ID# 88362 LD: 6(Failed)

Edited by Dazia