[PF02] Breaking the Unbreakable, Kyoto-Jomei

Kyoto stops and thinks. Trying to figure out if he wants to gather materials or do another quest beside the point he's on floor 2 on the lower part of a mountain. He doesn't think there's anything out here that going to offer a quest. Walking on this path he finds himself walking up to a small hut. Kind of surprised that there was something out this far he walked up to it and found an NPC that is giving out a quest. 'Huh that’s kind of ironic that this has a quest when I was thinking about doing one.' Kyoto talks to the NPC and see what the quest is all about. Finding out that the quest is basically saying that he needs to break a big rock. Kyoto Smirks and accepts the quest thinking this would be easy. Kyoto walks away from the hut and continue to proceed up the mountain not thinking about where he need to really go for this quest.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ginger sighed as he stepped out of the city gates and into the wilderness surrounding the bustling city or Urbus. He spoke to the owl that sat on his shoulder, "I think thats enough searching for the day."  The owl cooed and looked out into the distance. Jomei noticed that its eyes fixated on something rustling off in the bushes. Jomei was silent for a moment. "N-Now Adere.. we talked abou-" before Jomei could finish his sentence, the owl took off flying towards the bush. "Dammit!" Jomei cursed, chasing after the bird. From the rustling greenery, a small animal that looked like a strange combination of a squirrel and a fox popped its tiny head out and looked straight at the owl in fear. With a shriek, the animal ran up the mountain behind it, Adere swooping upwards to catch up to it. 

Jomei chased the two all the way up the mountain, where things started to seem familiar. Eventually, he found his owl, sitting at the base of a tree in front of a small hole where he assumed the animal was now hiding. Panting, Jomei grabbed the owl gently. "Come on girl, give it up. I'll buy you some food when we get back to the town." With a disappointing hoot, the bird hopped back onto his shoulder. Jomei then turned around and saw a player wandering just outside of the tree line, almost looking lost. Judging by his starting gear and where they were, he already knew what the kid was up to. Jomei stepped forward to where the player was wandering, "Hey there, you by any chance looking for the boulder for Breaking the Unbreakable?"

@XxSulSus

Stats: 

Spoiler

Level: 49

HP: 986

En: 79

DMG: 17
EVA: 4

ACC: 4
MIT: 52
Savvy: 2

Skills:

Grandmaster Rapier Skill (+5 DMG)

Grandmaster Light Armor Rank 5 (+25 mit)
Charge Rank 5 (+5 DMG)

Energist (+5*Tier EN)
---
---

Extra Skills:

Concentration (+1 BD when used)
Martial Arts Rank 1 (+1 DMG Unarmed)
Survival (+15*Tier HP Out of battle & Not effected by environment)
Meditation (5*Tier EN,reduces to 3*Tier if hit before next turn.)
Familiar Handling Accurate (Rk.3) (+3 ACC)

---

Equipment:

Weapon: Saint Andrew's Bane (+3 DMG x Tier 2)(6 Dmg)

Armor: Leather Vestment of Cunning (+2 EVA, +1 LM)

Accessory: Erin's Favor (+1 EVA, +2 ACC)

Familiar: Adere the Tawny Owl (+3 ACC)

Edited by Jomei

Kyoto jump as this tall red head man came up to him. "Holy crap you scared me." Looking at this man he notices he has good armor probably a high-level player maybe in the front lines. "Yeah I'm looking for that boulder why? You might know where it's at?" Kyoto smiles still thinking this is weird that a high-level player is down here in floor 2. Kyoto stared at his owl. "Cool owl seems like he's little down. Oh, by the way since you’re here figure I might introduce myself. I'm Kyoto and you are?" Kyoto knows that's a little too much but after all the mysterious male scared him figure he could at lease let he person know who he is. 

Kyoto looking at his gear knowing it's not good but remembering that its better than starter gear, and his sword a whole lot better than a starting sword. Matter of fact he still doesn't know why he's still using this thing not like he part of that guild anymore I guess he just like the feeling of the sword is all. Either way it’s a sword it will get him through battles. 

Just now, XxSulSus said:

Kyoto jump as this tall red head man came up to him. "Holy crap you scared me." Looking at this man he notices he has good armor probably a high-level player maybe in the front lines. "Yeah I'm looking for that boulder why? You might know where it's at?" Kyoto smiles still thinking this is weird that a high-level player is down here in floor 2. Kyoto stared at his owl. "Cool owl seems like he's little down. Oh, by the way since you’re here figure I might introduce myself. I'm Kyoto and you are?" Kyoto knows that's a little too much but after all the mysterious male scared him figure he could at lease let he person know who he is. 

Kyoto looking at his gear knowing it's not good but remembering that its better than starter gear, and his sword a whole lot better than a starting sword. Matter of fact he still doesn't know why he's still using this thing not like he part of that guild anymore I guess he just like the feeling of the sword is all. Either way it’s a sword it will get him through battles. 

@Jomei

Jomei frowned when the young man jumped and said that Jomei scared him "S-Sorry lad, didn't mean to. Guess a random guy coming out of the forest way out here isn't exactly welcoming" he ended with a nervous chuckle. Jomei stepped a little bit further out to meet the dark haired player to where he stood in front of him. As Jomei expected, he was looking for the boulder to complete the quest. "Yeah, unless they changed where it spawns. But last time I checked it was still there." The man brought his hand up and pointed slightly north from their position, a much treaded path just along the forest line. "If you follow this path over the hill, you'll find it in a clearing. You really can't miss it. If you want, I can show you." Jomei smirked, knowing damn well that if he showed this kid where the quest was, that he would feel obliged to help him. He chuckled to himself, damn him and his kind personality. 

The other player then commented about Jomei's owl, and how she looked a little sad. "Eh ignore her, just the ruse she's putting on to make you feel bad.. Even though she knows she was bad." Jomei said with a smirk, starting off talking to the other player, but ended his sentence looking Adere in the eyes. "Ah, I'm Jomei. Pleasure to meet you Kyoto."

Kyoto kind of smile as he sees him walk up to him. "That be great if you can help me always like help." Kyoto knows that this quest is little easier than others but a quest is a quest and that’s all what matters besides this guy seems to be a very helpful player towards newer players. Continue to walk towards the direction Jomei pointed he turns around and sees him standing there still. "You're welcome to join me like I said always like help." Kyoto smiles thinking about his last statement. "His owl that smart to make another player feel bad? That owl is very intelligent."  

Kyoto looks up in the sky seeing some amazing stars that this game made. Even though this is a video game Kyoto still wants to be up there. He wants to explore everything this world has created as well as what "He" made is the real world.

"Well, thats the beauty of the familiars that you can tame. I think Cardinal made it like that so they're more of a companion rather than just another accessory for us in the game." Jomei scratched the owl on the head with a soft smile as she climbed back onto his shoulder, "She's definitely been the friend I needed for the past few months." turning back to Kyoto, Jomei stretched his arm without the bird on it. "Anyway, lets get moving. The trip will be short, but the quest may take us quite awhile." Jomei took lead, walking along the forest on a path that seemed mostly clear. There were not any large tree stumps or rocks in the way, and most of the grass looked like it was beaten down from the treading of other players boots. Already, the sky was getting dark, which made Jomei heighten his pace a little bit. He was not worried for himself, but for Kyoto's sake, he wanted to get to the location of the quest.

After a short walk over a hill, they came to a circular clearing in the trees. In the center was a large boulder that was about 9 feet all the way around. Usually, objects like there were immovable, and would not display any sort of stats. However, this boulder had a health bar above it, just as a usual monster would. Jomei stopped his walking and gestured with his hand. "Well, here it is. Now comes the.. fun part." Lifting his hand up to open his menu, Jomei tapped a few buttons and his rapier on his waist disappeared. He would not be able to use his sword for this quest. The man then cracked his knuckled and walked up to the boulder. Planting his left boot in the dirt with a stomp, Jomei pivoted on his foot and let his fist fly forward. As his knuckle approached the boulder, it engulfed in a golden flame, similar to when he would use a sword art. With a loud boom, his fist connected with the face of the rock, making a small crack where he had punched it. 

ID 87853
BD 10 (3 dmg)

Jomei: 986/986 (97/98)
Kyoto: ***/*** (**/**)

Boulder: 47/50

Kyoto Smiles finally catching up with him as he was trailing behind him. Watching Jomei punch this bolder and started to see it crack is quite amazing. "You know your punch is so pragmatic but yet it's so strong." Kyoto looks down knowing this guy is a lot stronger than him but that didn't matter what matter is that he is going to destroy this bolder and continue to level up and be with the front lines. 

Kyoto hoist his sword crack his knuckles and takes a big swing at the bolder. Swinging a little to the right he missed the bolder. "Haha, I'm just warming up give me a min." Turning really red just because he just embarrasses himself in front of this guy. Kyoto Whispers to himself "Man I'm not strong what am I talking about I can't even hit a bolder that doesn't even attack me." Kyoto then squeezes his fist and starts to think of the objective. "I will not give up I'm stuck in this world and I'm going to get out!"

ID# 88028 results: BD 2 (Fail)

Jomei: 986/986 (97/98)
Kyoto: 60/60 (6/6)

Boulder: 47/50

Edited by XxSulSus
  • 2 weeks later...

Jomei pulled back his fist and shook it a few times, exhaling through tight lips. A punch that could usually shatter his knuckles, turned out to be a devastating hit thanks to the Cardinal system. Jomei watched as Kyoto went in for a strike, but missed with his sword. "Well, I can tell you why you missed." Jomei walked over to the man and held out his open palm towards Kyoto's sword hand. "The quest actually does not allow you to use any weapons for this. You have to take out the boulder just by using your bare hands." Jomei chuckled, "Trust me, this would take a lot less time if we could use our swords." Jomei wished he could use his own rapier, being able to take out the boulder with one simple sword art.

Jomei took a fighters stance before taking another step, throwing his first right into the crack. Where it was not as strong as his first, this Athletics modifier began to kick in so his punches were a bit stronger. 

ID# 88228 BD 4(+3) = 7
1 (+1 dmg Athletics) 

Jomei: 986/986 (95/98)
Kyoto: 60/60 (4/6)

Boulder: 44/50

@XxSulSus

Kyoto looks at the rock then hoist his sword back on his back. Looks at the rock he then tries to punch it as hard as he can. Not know how bad his accuracy is he completely miss the rock once more. Kyoto then gets back up to his feet after spinning around and falling to the ground. "Man, I just need to calm down and focus." Kyoto looks at the rock once more thinking about punching the rock I mean how hard is it to punch something as big as him. "So, umm my ability of hitting this rock is higher than I've been. Am doing any wrong this time?" Kyoto know that he's sounding stupid but he's not quite good with controlling the character quite yet I mean yes, it's easy to attack and move and stuff but this is completely different than just playing a regular computer MMO. 

ID# 88229 results:

Battle: 3 (Fail)

Jomei: 986/986 (95/98)
Kyoto: 60/60 (3/6)

Boulder: 44/50

Edited by XxSulSus

Jomei took a step back once he saw Kyoto sheathe his sword. He crossed his arms and watched for the young man to strike at the boulder with all of his might. The boy's punch just missed its mark, the force behind his punch spinning him in a circle before throwing him to the ground. The irishman rubbed the nape of his neck, This might take longer than I thought... but who can blame him. I was the same way at his level, he thought to himself. Jomei remembered back when he first took the quest, back when they didn't regulate if you could use a weapon or not. He still stood in front of the boulder all day trying to break it. "Just focus. You may think it's easy, which in the real world, it would be. But whenever we attack, the game controls our bodies. So you just need to make sure you are set up right first, and then let Cardinal take over to throw your punch. But you need to be confident."

Jomei cocked his fist back again and took another swing, connecting with the boulder. He exhaled as his fist hit the surface of the stone. 

ID# 88231  

Battle: 3 (+3) = 6 hit

1(+1 Ath.) = 2 dmg

Jomei: 986/986 (94/98)
Kyoto: 60/60 (2/6)

Boulder: 42/50

((Just remember, you gain 1 EP back with each turn)

Kyoto gets into his fighting stance. Starts to focus on the rock. Finally, he took another swing with all his strength as he barely nicks the rock. Falling on his face once again. "Hey I touched it." Kyoto got excited as he starts to sit up but is tired as he just sits there and watched Jomei take another "whack" at it no pun indented. "Okay let see the master take another swing maybe he can use the little pebble and kill a NPC animal." Kyoto laughs as he seems silly saying these stupid jokes but the whole point is that he's having fun and forgetting that he's in this death game. Smiling even more than usual Kyoto thinks about the real world. Wondering how his sister is doing how she's doing without her older brother being there watching her making sure she's doing alright. Kyoto starts to lose the smile on his face as he seems to be out of it now since he thought about his sister.

ID# 88233 results:

Battle: 7 

Jomei: 986/986 (94/98)

Boulder: 42/50

Edited by XxSulSus

Jomei smirked when he saw Kyoto finally make contact with the boulder, despite the boy still falling on his face somehow. However, he was happy for himself, rather than seeming discouraged. As Jomei squared himself up for another strike, his dark haired companion made some sort of joke, however Jomei did not fully understand the point he was trying to make. The ginger merely replied with an uneasy chuckle. Putting focus back on the boulder, Jomei pulled his right fist back before taking a step, and delivering a straight jab to the rock. I never like this quest.. Jomei thought to himself. 

ID# 88295

Battle: 4(+3)
2 dmg

Jomei: 986/986 (93/98)

Boulder: 40/50

• 4 weeks later...

Kyoto laughs when he hears him say that as he takes aim of the rock and throws another punch that misses the rock. “Eh i’ll hit it eventually.” he replies with a smile on his face more laughing about the point a higher level player hates this quest. It makes him feel better that someone thats done this quest before still hates it. Witch make him not want to do it ever again. Looking at this rock just seems strange why this is even a quest. I mean there’s nothing to it besides punching it. Seems kind of weird to just punch a rock I mean anyone can do that in a regular basis. “By the way. Why are you even down here in the first place? Shouldn’t you be up with the frontlines?” He asked as he’s standing there watching him prepare to attack once more

ID# 89047 results: Battle: 3 

@Jomei: 986/986 (93/98)
Kyoto: 60/60 (1/6)

Boulder: 40/50

Edited by XxSulSus
  • 2 weeks later...

Kyoto stepped up to attack the rock again; swing and a miss. Jomei chuckled himself, "You aren't going to make me do all the work, are you?" he joked with the man as he recovered from his missed attack. Jomei took another step forward, ready to strike the rock himself. He brought his fists upwards and squared up, finding a good target to punch. Just before attacking, he heard Kyoto ask why he was on Floor Two and not the front lines. Jomei's smirk turned into a frown, and his shoulders lowered from its offensive position. Jomei figured he'd rather not tell Kyoto about all of the reasons why he was not with his friends risking his life, the main one being his own kidnapping for half of a year. A bit of anger rising up in him, it drove his fist forward, crashing into the boulder with a loud bang. "Reasons." Jomei simply said, his voice not as cheery as it was moments before.

ID# 89321

Battle: 9(+3)
3 dmg

Boulder: 37/50

@XxSulSus

• 2 weeks later...

Kyoto laughs. “Man you say that now and you're probably going to. Not my fault i can't hit this big rock.” Kyoto Smiles as he tries to punch the boulder once more and again for once actually hits it. Kyoto gets really excited and started to cheer. “That stupid bolder is no match for me.” Kyoto smiled as he then looked at Jomei. “Did you see that finally hit the stupid thing.” Smiling for once in a long time it's almost like he was a little child again he never felt so happy to punch a rock. It's almost like something happened and he finally hit the stupid thing. Then he remember something back in the real world. Kind of the reason why he joined this death game… To prove he's not weak that he can defend himself. And today he felt like he will get there eventually and he will go back and protect his family.

ID# 89903 results: Battle: 6 (Hit) 

1 dmg

Boulder: 36/50

@Jomei

Edited by XxSulSus

Jomei took a deep breath to get rid of the memories that started to creep up on him after Kyoto asked. He was here to help him.. if he zoned out now and stopped doing any work, they would be here all night. Jomei turned his head to watch the young player rush in and land a pretty strong punch into the face of the boulder. Jomei smiled, "Hey look at that. Good hit." he chuckled. "Maybe not we can actually do some damage to this thing.. just don't go getting too tired one me" Jomei took another step towards the rock, opening and closing his right hand. With one last close, he tightened his fist and pulled it back next to his head. One last step forward and he pivoted on the ball of his back foot, driving his fist directly into the rocky surface. 

ID# 89967

Battle: 7(+3)
2 Dmg

Boulder: 34/50

@XxSulSus

Kyoto smiled after hearing him say that. As he then focus on the bolder. Looking at it he took a deep breath he closed his eyes and then commence the attack of the rock as he missed by a little. “Haha maybe I should open my eyes before I attack.” Kyoto smiled as he knows he’s just having fun now. It almost like he doesn’t even care if he hit it or not he’s just happy that he gets to do a quest with someone and get to meet new people. Kyoto sits down and watch Jomei. He figured he have better luck watching someone than just start thinking about other things. “Hey. what is your base? Like are you a Tank, Support, or DPS?” Kyoto know’s he’s probably already ask this but he doesn’t remember things after constantly fighting something that he can’t seem to hit. Kyoto laughs noticing he can't hit a big boulder.

ID# 89993 results: Battle: 3 (+1)= 4

@Jomei: 986/986 (93/98)

Bolder: 34/50

Edited by XxSulSus

Jomei stepped back once again when Kyoto was up to bat. Jomei knew the kid was capable..but he still had quite a few misses under his belt, and getting punched by a comrade was not something he had on his to-do list for the day. The boy took in a deep breath and closed his eyes before laughing forward with a punch. Of course, closing his eyes made the boy miss.. and he even knew that since he had commented on it. Jomei chuckled, "Yeah.. keeping your eye on the target will definitely help you out in the long run." Jomei rubbed his wrists, preparing for another attack, when Kyoto asked him what his build was for Sword Art Online. Jomei smirked, "I'm, what some call, a glass cannon.. I can't take a hit because of my light armor... but" Jomei took two running steps in, pulling his fist back as it began to glow gold. With a wide hook, his knuckled crashed into the boulder, causing chips and small rocks to fall off from the opposite side. ".. I can deal damage.. So I guess, DPS in those terms."

ID# 89995

Battle: 10(+3)
4 DMG

Boulder: 30/50

Kyoto looked amazed. That’s what he was wanting to be seeing him be able to do that kind of damage to a rock could be cool to see if he was fighting a monster or another player. “So you’re a DPS huh? That’s what I’m building myself to be.” Kyoto smiles as he then charges the rock and hit it watching chips of small pieces of rock flying off of it. “Man monkey see monkey do huh.” He laughs a little looking at the rock. Kyoto getting little tired at looking at this stupid thing. He can’t wait until it destroyed. Kyoto steps back and watches Jomei get ready to punch the rock. “Man can this stupid thing break already? It’s getting little annoying.” Kyoto looks around trying to figure out why it got real quiet all the sudden. It like something happening around there or maybe its that time of the day where you can actually hear peace and quiet. If that’s a thing.

ID# 90205 results: BD: 9 

Boulder: 28/50

After Jomei had landed his punch, he shook out his hand. The man took a few steps back from the rock to give Kyoto space to attack, opening and closing his right hand as he did so. His eyes followed Kyoto as the dark haired boy followed a similar pattern to Jomei, winding up his fist and charging at the rock. Lucky for him, his strike landed true, dealing a larger amount of damage than normal. Jomei smirked, "There you go." he said with a chuckle as he walked forward to prepare his own next attack. As Jomei stepped up to the rock, he clenched his fists and dug his feet into the ground, pulling his arm back and letting his knuckles fly into the boulder, doing a smaller amount of damage. "Yeah, I know right.. But at least you're not taking it yourself." Jomei said shaking his head. "A lot of people I know, as well as myself, had to take the quest without any help.. took a couple hours at least." 

ID# 90297

Battle: 6(+3)
 DMG 2

Boulder: 26/50