[PF02] Breaking the Unbreakable, Kyoto-Jomei

Kyoto stood there. Can’t imagine doing this by himself. Watching him damaging the bolder he steps up and clenches his fist he then swings his left first into the bolder seeing it’s HP drop a little. “So when did you exactly did this quest for yourself?” he looks over at Jomei stepping out of his way so he can punch the bolder. “I just can’t imagine seeing someone do this by their selves. Besides I’m sure there’s more annoying quest than this out there is there?” He glances over at the overhead seeing he’s got a message. He doesn’t know who it’s from since he hasn’t talked to anyone from his old guild in ages. It might be Itzal or Morgan responding back to his message about joining their guild. Either way he’s going to wait to respond just so he can focus on what he’s doing right now.

ID# 92842 results:

BD: 6 

DMG: 1

Jomei: 986/986 (93/98)
Kyoto: 60/60 (2/6)

Boulder: 25/50

Edited by XxSulSus
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jomei let out a huff of air as he threw another punch against the face of the boulder again. Kyoto had been wondering just how long ago it was that Jomei had taken this quest himself. The man took a couple of steps back, his olive gaze turning to the sky above them, thinking himself just how long ago it truly was. So much had happened since he had started his journey in Aincrad, both good and bad.. How long had it really been since he left that pub in the Town of Beginnings. Jomei shook his head, "I don't even remember..months.. a year.. maybe more. I've really lost track of how much time we have been in here." The ginger let out a heavy sigh. as he rubbed the palm of his hand against his face, trying to wipe away the mass amounts of stress he had piled upon himself from everything.. yet nothing would wash that away that easily. "A long time ago.. I know thats for sure."

ID 92843

BD: 2(+4)

DMG: 2

Boulder: 23/50

• 1 month later...

Kyoto looks at Jomei as he gives him a happy smirk. “So… A long time ago?” Kyoto thinks to himself knowing he’s new to the game but been in here for that long. It’s not like he was scared to get going but something happened at the beginning of the game where he doesn’t remember what happened the first few months. Kyoto looks at the rock not really trying this time he charges at it missing it by a little. He smiles as he watches Jomei get ready for his next attack. Stepping back so he’s out of his way he sits down and just enjoy the sight of this floor as he also feels the breeze. Closing his eyes for a moment that feels like his life been sucked away from him. Thinking about home. Thinking about all his love ones wondering about him. He opens his eyes as he keeps smiling.

ID# 95310 results:

BD: 4

Kyoto: 60/60 (1/6)

@Jomei

Edited by XxSulSus
  • 2 months later...

The Irishman took a step back, letting out a huff of air. "Yeah, a long time ago. Pretty much when the game first started about two years ago." Jomei could feel a tingling sensation in his fists as he stood there, opening and closing his fingers slowly to stretch them out and prepare for another punch. "It was one of the first quests I did.. back when the game first opened." he chuckled , "It was the one quest I could have gone out and done on my own without having to worry about being killed by a monster or get into any actual combat." The man shook his head, looking at the damaged boulder in front of them. "Took me just about as long to shatter this thing.. It's always been a huge pain in the ass." Taking in another deep breath through his nostrils, the man stepped to the side, allowing Kyoto to get a few more hits in before he decided to jump back in for another attack. 

ID 100219| BD 1

Jomei: 986/986 (92/98)

Kyoto smiles as he chuckles a little with him. He steps in front of the boulder. Looking at it he closes his eyes for a brief second. Takes a deep breath and then punches the boulder dealing some damage to it. “Now I’m getting use to this.” He chuckles some more as he steps to the side look at Jomei stretch some more. “Man this thing doesn’t want to break…” he says as he remembers this is a huge boulder that even in the real world was physically impossible to break by using your fist, but since they are in a game its different. You can basically do anything in a game. “Man we’ve been doing this for a long time have we?” he still chuckles thinking that this was time consuming but at the same time will be well worth is at the end when he gets that xp.

ID# 100220 results: BD: 8 (Hit) 1 DMG

Boulder: 22/50

@Jomei

Edited by Kyot0
  • 4 weeks later...

"Well.." Jomei said with a chuckle, "We are trying to break a boulder with our bare hands.. That's not usually something an everyday person can do." The ginger took a few steps towards the boulder, opening and closing his right hand. "Though thanks to the power of this digital world-" Jomei's front boot planted into the dirt with one last heavy step, and his upper body continued forward.  His back foot pivoted, the torque of Jomei's turning body causing his fist to fly forward, crashing into the face of the boulder causing a few more chips to fall to the ground. "- here it is possible.. but just as tough to accomplish." he said as he exhaled the breath he had been holding in. "Hm.. I knew I should have put some training into this Martial Arts skill when I had the chance.. would have made helping out with this quest a lot easier." 

ID 101246 BD 3(+4)

Dmg 2

Boulder: 20/50

• 4 months later...

Kyoto smiled as he then takes a stab at punching the boulder. Planting his feet and then tries to take a nice swing at the giant rock but insteads punches himself in the leg. Lucky for him this game takes out the pain that he would be feeling but he still reacts to it as a normal instinct of someone hurting themselves. As he on the ground holding his leg he starts to laugh knowing that Jomei is probably laughing as well. “Boy I’m bad at this punching thing huh.” As he smiles sitting there waiting on him to take his turn at this rock. “Hopefully when it’s my turn to help someone with this it will go by fast, so I don’t have to sit here for hours punching a rock that doesn’t like me.” He starts to laugh again thinking he’s so funny. As he then whips the tear’s off his eyes he then lay his back down and look up into the sky for a few minutes while waiting to hear Jomei get into position.

ID# 107015 results: BD: 1 (Epic Fail)

@Jomei: 986/986 (92/98)

Boulder: 20/50

Edited by Kyot0

Finally, it was looking as though the two players had put a large dent in the boulder. It seemed as if they had gotten past the half way mark, and a few more good hits would shatter the large rock. The ginger chuckled at Kyoto's remark about being bad at this task, "Don't stress about it. We all had that point where we just couldn't hurt this thing.. I mean, how many rocks do you really go around punching in your life." he turned to the boy with a friendly smirk before stepping back up to the boulder himself. Pulling back his fist, the man let a punch fly forward, taking the boulder down by another small notch. If only I could land another critical hit.. he thought to himself.  "Skills and damage potions.." he looked back to Kyoto once he had finished his attack, "Or putting some time into training your Martial Arts skill.. once you get it of course. That's the only way you'll make this quest go by quickly." 

ID# 107016 : BD: 5(+4)
Dmg 2

@Kyot0: 60/60 (2/6)

Boulder: 18/50

Kyoto smiles as he then gets up after watching Jomei punch more chucks out of the rock. “Yeah. Hopefully after this I’m not needing to punch this thing anymore.” As he then set his feet and then tries to punch the boulder but misses at it. “You know as fun as it is watching me punch this thing I think it’s fun for the fact I’m meeting new people. I really haven’t met many people since I left the Town of Beginnings.” He looks over at Jomei as he stretches his arms and his back waiting for his turn to be able to punch the boulder. Looking around he figured he see Jomei’s familiar. He’s not quite sure if he really ever saw Jomei with a familiar even if it was following him from when they started this. Eventually he want’s to get one but he just doesn’t think right now the right time. He’s heard a lot of player got it when they were his level.

ID# 107017 results: BD: 2 (Fail)

Boulder: 18/50

Edited by Kyot0

The ginger's lips curved into a soft smile at Kyoto's mention of being happy to meet new people. "Yeah, you'll meet a lot of people as time goes on. Mostly good, some not so great. But as long as you are cautious, you should be fine. There's a fair amount of bad people out there ... in it for their own, unknown reasons." Jomei pointed at the small green crystal that rotated above his head, that showed his fair standing player status. "I'm sure you already know that criminals and player killers' crystals are orange, rather than green." Jomei pulled a fist back, letting it fly into the rock yet again, knocking out a bit more of its health. "Not every single person with an orange crystal is out to get you.. but you should always be careful. They can't get into the main settlements, so you won't have to worry about that." 

Jomei noticed the boy looking back at the trees, at the familiar small tawny owl that perched upon one of the lower branches, watching the two players attempt their quest. "Thats Adere, my familiar. We've been together for such a long time.. almost since the beginning of the game. She's been there for everything.. heh.. I'm surprised she's stuck around this long." he said in a playful tone, taunting his feathered friend who responded with a flap of her wings. 

ID# 107159  BD: 4(+4)

Boulder: 16/50

He looks over at her as he smiles. “I’m not sure if I want a familiar yet. I just don’t what I really want to do yet and I don’t want to get my familiar something that wont help much.” He smiles once again as he turns around and punches the rock as a good chunk of the rock shoots out. “Ha that felt good. I can hit it again.” He looks around as he can see Jomei wondering what he’s thinks of from his last attempt. It doesn’t matter for him he’s happy he’s actually helping out now. “Hey, do you know anything about Hikoru? Everyone mention I should contact him lately and I’m not sure why.” He smiles thinking that @Hikoru is probably somehow listening to this conversation but what does he know. “Oh by the way what are you exactly? Are you a tank or someone that deals a lot of damage?”

ID# 107161 results: BD: 9 (Crit +1) 

Kyoto: 60/60 (3/6)

Boulder: 14/50

Edited by Kyot0

Jomei chuckled, "Well, you don't have to get a familiar if you don't want to. In terms of stats, they are pretty helpful. But for the most part, its just nice to have a companion that you know will always be there for you, even when no one else is.." With a sharp whistle, the owl spread her wings and soared from the tree to the Irishman's shoulder, where the man would scratch at the feathers on her stomach, "I usually forget that Adere helps out my with accuracy stats, and just see her as a partner in battle." Lifting herself from Jomei's shoulder, the tawny owl moved to the top of the boulder the two were punching. "Probably not the best place to sit lass." he said as he pushed a fist into his open palm, cracking the knuckles. With a step forward, the man punched the boulder again, to which the stationary owl only let out a small hoot. "W-What? That wasn't a weak punch.. of course I did damage to it!" 

Jomei's focus was brought back to Kyoto, who mentioned about Hikoru. "Huh? Hikoru? Yeah I know him.. Good friends with him actually. Why are others telling you to contact him?"

ID#: 107165 BD: 2(+4)

@Kyot0 60/60 (3/6)

Boulder: 12/50

Kyoto looks a Jomei. “I’m in the middle of joining his guild. Itzal got it though but everyone told me he’ll be my mentor and I was wondering how he is.” Kyoto seems to be a little happy to know that Jomei is a friend if him. “Well looks like we beat this thing up a lot huh?” Kyoto looks back at the boulder as he gets into a steady stance as he then tries to punch the boulder but had no luck. “I guess this is what it’s like to be a low level huh.” He chuckles a little following a smile as he then start to watch Jomei do his thing. He just amazed to see how someone like him can punch that stupid thing and hit it every time. His skills must be high to be able to do it over and over again. Looking at him and his familiar it looks like the both have a great bond together. He hopes one day he will have a familiar and they will have a great bond just like him and Itzal.

ID# 107167 results: BD: 3 (fail)

Kyoto 60/60 (3/6)

Boulder: 12/50

Edited by Kyot0
  • 4 weeks later...

A small smirk crept on Jomei's face after Kyoto asked how Hikoru was. "Hikoru huh.." The man wrapped his fingers around his wrist on the opposite hand, gently moving his hand up and down to stretch it out. Punching a boulder for this long really stiffened up his muscles. "Hikoru is actually a good friend of mine.." his eyes went wide as he went in for another punch, stopping suddenly when memories flooded back to him. "I... actually first met Hikoru here.. He was looking for this quest and he found me first, so I helped him with it." Jomei took another step back before letting his fist fly, crashing into the boulder and taking its health down another chunk. "That was a long time ago.. It makes me happy to think that.. someone who I helped get on their feet is now taking someone under their wing." The man bashfully laughed, rubbing the nape of his neck, "Wow, saying that really made me seem a lot older, didn't it?" 

ID# 108420 BD: 5(+4)

@Kyot0 60/60 (3/6)

Boulder: 10/50

• 2 weeks later...

Kyoto looks up at him. “You did this same quest with Hikoru? Geez man how many times you did this quest?” Kyoto look at him with a blank face. “I cant believe he’s done this quest another time besides when he did it himself. This guy has a lot of time on his hand just to sit here and punch a rock.” Kyoto gets up and looks at the rock. He smirks as he knows this time he will hit it. Walking up to the boulder he stands right next it but right before he goes in and punches the rock the rock moved on him as Kyoto smacks his fist into the ground leaving a dent into the ground and even a bright red mark on his fist. “You know I think I’m done. Even though this is a game I felt that.” He laughs a little as he looks over at the Irishman and moves out of his way so he can take a punch at it.

Spoiler

ID# 108688 results:

BD: 1

CD: 1

LD:1

MD:1 

(Yeah it really happen dude)

Kyoto 60/60 (4/6)

Boulder: 10/50

Edited by Kyot0

Jomei chuckled as he set himself up for another attack on the boulder "Too many times." With a step forward, the ginger's fist followed, crashing into the side of the rock. They were almost finished, and hopefully this would be the last time he would have to do this Godforsaken quest. "But, that's my own fault for being kind and willing to help out. Usually I end up agreeing before I'm told with what.. and before I know it, I'm walking to this same boulder." Jomei winced as the young man went to strike at their target yet again, but completely missed the target. His browns turned upward with a small smile, "H-hey, at least we are almost done." 

ID 108836 | BD 5(+4)

@Kyot0 60/60 (4/6)

Boulder: 8/50

• 1 year later...

Kyoto listen to Jomei, the fact he doesn't question people's offer of help is quite shocking. Although he was the one that offered to help with this. "You do realize you're the one that offered to help me on this right?" He chuckled a little before getting into position to punch the boulder. That being said, He would go up and punch it directly in the center dealing another damage to it. "Well at least I'm contributing for once." he laughs again stepping back to let Jomei take a shot at it oncce again.

"Hey what are you planning on doing after this? I'm kind of looking for friends and didn't know if you wanted to hang out again sometime." It was an odd thing to ask while they're in the middle of the quest but he wasn't sure what to really say at the moment besides just keep punching the rock. 

ID# 174042 results: | BD: 7 

Boulder: 7/50

Edited by Kyot0

Jomei chuckled once Kyoto reminded him that it was he he offered to help destroy this boulder. He responded with a pat on his shoulder, "I know. I'm just joking. But I don't think either of us expected this to take this long." As Kyoto went in for another, successful punch, the cracks that covered the face of the giant rock splintered out even more so. The ginger nodded his head at the sight before turning to face his companion, "But it looks like we're almost done here." 

Setting himself up a couple of feet away from where Kyoto squared up with the boulder, Jomei planted himself. He rubbed his knuckles a few times with his opposite hand before clenching his fingers and making a fist. Following suit from the same attacks as before, Jomei pivoted his foot and struck the rock with a powerful punch. "Remind me when this is all over to put some more training into my martial arts skill." he said with a soft chuckle, "If I ever help someone with this quest again.. I'd rather be a bigger help." 

@Kyot0

ID 174046 | BD8(+4)  

Boulder: 5/50

Edited by Jomei

Kyoto gave a chuckle. The fact it’s taking them this long to finish this godforsaken quest is a nightmare in itself. “Do you think this would be a record of the longest lasting quest a duo ever gone through?” With another chuckle he would walk up to the boulder and focus the punch into the rock. But unfortunately he missed it. With that he signs. “I swear after I’m done with this I’m going to be leveling up this skill so I don’t have to sit here and miss over and over again.” It was only the matter of time until they finally finish this quest and both of them already have a plan to make sure they never have to do it again.

He would listen to Jomei ask him to remind to put more training into the skill. With no doubt he nods with him. “I swear if someone ask me to help with this quest I’m turning it down. I’m not doing this again.”

ID# 174070 results: BD:1 (Failed)

Boulder: 5/50

Edited by Kyot0

"Hm.. you'd be surprised." Jomei said in response to Kyoto believing the two of them may hold the record for the most amount of time taken to complete this quest, "I've heard some horror stories about how long this quest has taken before." With another miss from Kyoto, the two men sighed silently to themselves. "Well, leveling up the skill won't necessarily make you hit more often. Putting experience into martial arts will just mean that when you hit, you'll hit harder. And unlock Sword Arts to use as well, of course." Jomei prepared himself to attack the boulder again, "What you really want, to make sure you don't miss, is pile heavy on the Accuracy bonuses. That, paired with some skill points in martial arts.. or any weapon skill of your choice-" Jomei threw a punch forward as he spoke, his fist meeting dead on with the boulder, "-and you'll really make some progress." Looking at the boulder again, Jomei's eyes moved to the boulder's health bar.. which was hanging on by a single red thread. "Looks like one or two more hits and we will be done here."

ID 174071 | BD 2(+4) 6

Boulder: 3/50

Edited by Jomei