[PP-F2] <<Long Live the Queen>> Aspirations

The wasp had left a glowing red mark on Telrenya's back to indicate where it had struck. The woman's health bar had dropped as a result of the attack, but she tried her best not to get worked up when she was still well in the green. Taking in a deep breath, Jomei's voice then called out to her. She looked over to the man who had just demolished one of the monsters he had been engaged with. Despite the nerves that came with inexperienced combat, Telrenya put on a determined smile and nodded to Jomei. "Right!" She called back to him. Getting to her feet, the woman turned back to her opponent and raised her blade once more. "I'm still getting the hang of it." Her volume lowered, partially speaking to herself with her last comment.

Rushing towards her opponent once more, Telrenya's blade glowed an identical soft white. Her rapier danced through the air as she landed four solid strikes against the wasp, dealing slightly more damage than when she had attacked the Queen. A surge of satisfaction filled Telrenya's chest as the wasp's health bar dropped, but the smile on her face was quickly wiped away when the creature collided with her. Its thin wings faltered, as if the creature was falling. The weight of the massive insect threw Telrenya off balance as it crashed into her, and she let out a small grunt of discomfort when she fell back to the forest floor. "Get...off!" She grumbled under her breath, bringing her hands up to shove the the creature away from her. It fell to the ground again before its wings seemed to come back to life, batting rapidly to pick itself up from the forest floor again. Quickly getting back to her feet once again, Telrenya picked up her weapon and ran her free hand through her hair, feeling exasperated by what she initially thought would be a quick and straight-forward fight. 'Can I please stay on my feet now?' She thought.

@Jomei

• ID#: 87858
    • BD: 10 - Critical Hit! Quadruple Pain Activated:
      • (1 Base) + (2 Critical) + (2 Skill) + (2 Equipment) = (7 Damage) x (4 Sword Art) = 28 DMG
    • MD: 8 - Hit!

Telrenya - HP: 76/140 | EN: 4/14 | 5 DMG

<Lesser Wasp> - HP: 42/70 | 21 DMG

Edited by Telrenya
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After attacking the first wasp, immediately Jomei turned back around and charged towards the last two insects. Both wasps simultaneously flew at Jomei, as if to confuse him. Jomei watched carefully as the mobs flew in opposite directions, before raising their sharp ends and flying straight at Jomei. One took a bit of a higher approach towards the man's head, the other went for his legs. Thanks to the support from his <Athletics> and <Acrobatics> skills, Jomei swung his arms and lifted his body, performing a butterfly kick so his body flew horizontally, the two wasps flying right over and under his body. As Jomei performed his kick, his boot knocked the one above him higher up into the air. The second, which at first remained unscathed from the kick, was Jomei's next target. In a flash of light, Jomei shot like a bullet with his rapier first into the wasp. The single stab sent the insect soaring into a nearby tree, exploding into pixels. @Telrenya

ID(1) 87859
BD: 8 (+4) hit
MD: 8 (-4) miss

ID(2)87860
MD: 8(-4) miss

Jomei: 986/986 (77/98)

Shooting Star: 1x7x13 = 91 dmg

Lesser Wasp: 0/70 Atk 21
Lesser Wasp: 44/70 Atk 21

Telrenya let out a steady breath. 'Alright, you got this...' She tried to reassure herself. The woman was sitting at just over half her HP bar remaining, while the wasp was a bit healthier. Had she misjudged the strength of the monsters around here? Or perhaps her bad luck was simply flaring up again. She was starting to wonder what might have happened if she had followed through with taking the field boss on solo. Would she have just gotten herself killed if Jomei hadn't run into her and offered his help?

Now wasn't the time to ponder the hypothetical and feel discouraged by the paths she hadn't taken. She had to take down this creature. She wanted to survive, which meant she had to be able to kill these monsters on her own. The wasp flew freely again as if its wing was back in commission. It lunged at the woman, who quickly reacted with another dodge. Slicing her weapon through the air, her counterattack was just as unsuccessful, watching as the wasp had moved just out of reach of her blade as it cut through the air it had left behind.

@Jomei

• ID#: 87865
    • BD: 4 - Miss!
    • MD: 3 - Miss!

Telrenya - HP76/140 | EN: 3/14 | 5 DMG

<Lesser Wasp> - HP42/70 | 21 DMG

Edited by Telrenya

Just one left to go. The man thought to himself as he sent the last wasp flying. The last the remain was the one that was regaining its composure in the air above his head. Jomei's eyes went to Telrenya, who had missed another blow. He frowned, for he worried if the woman kept missing attacks as she was, she would run herself dry of energy, making it nearly impossible to take out the wasp on her own. Jomei watched the girl as the wasp above him shook its small head and located its target right below him, not paying attention. The wasp aimed its stinger down and dropped all of its weight towards the Irishman's ginger top. Jomei, looked up to see the insect quickly descending towards his cranium. Reaching his hand upwards, Jomei forcefully grabbed the sharp end of the wasp and threw it into the ground at his feet. Then, flipping the rapier so he held the blade in a reverse grip, held it high above his head and used a killer close range Neutron attack, pinning the mob to the ground and destroying it.

The man let out a sigh of relief, those wasps always were a pain in his ass. He turned his attention to his blonde friend again, whom he quickly rushed over to. "Are you okay?" he asked, worried for her safety. 

@Telrenya

ID 87866
BD: 5 (+4) 
MD: 1 Miss

Neutron: 5x13= 65 dmg

Jomei: 986/986 (73/98)

Telrenya's heated battle with the wasp was drawn out and getting nowhere. She was managing to dodge and deflect every attack the creature would throw at her, but the few strikes she tried to get in herself were just as quickly denied. The woman slashed her blade through the air as frustration festered inside of her. Pointing the tip of the rapier back at her target, she stared the wasp down as if trying to find some kind of hidden weak spot that might allow her attacks to land. Pushing forward, Telrenya simply initiated another round of clashing and disengaging, causing the blonde to growl lightly under her breath.

Jomei's voice pulled her back to reality, and the woman looked over to see him approaching. She blinked and looked back at him for a moment before her cheeks went pink and she averted her gaze. "Y-yeah, I'm fine." She replied, embarrassment setting in. Something in the corner of her eye caught her attention, and it was then that Telrenya realized her energy bar was completely empty. "Ehh?!" She groaned slightly as the discovery quickly had her feeling discouraged. "Mmn, we'll be here all day at this rate." The woman mumbled with a defeated sigh. "I guess I couldn't take it on my own." She admitted in a voice that was almost as quiet.

@Jomei

• ID#: 87867
    • BD: 5 - Miss!
    • MD: 4 - Miss!

Telrenya - HP76/140 | EN: 0/14 | 5 DMG

<Lesser Wasp> - HP42/70 | 21 DMG

Edited by Telrenya

Jomei watched as Telrenya took another frustrated slash at the wasp, missing its mark yet again. At least the wasp seemed to be off of its game as well, or she would be done for. It was at this time she finally realized her energy bar had been depleted, meaning she would not be able to perform any more sword arts. Jomei smiled softly before simply walking forward to the wasp, who was still fixated on its blonde rival. "You fought well Telrenya." Jomei said before taking one last step forward and stabbing the wasp multiple times in its chest to finish it off. 

Jomei felt bad that he gave the girl a bit of false confidence in taking on that wasp, especially right after a boss fight. He imagined she wasn't too happy about voiding the loot as well. Jomei looked over his shoulder for a moment before sneakily opening up his menu, and setting up a trade to the girl. "Looks like I got a little bit of a loot drop from that wasp." he said in a quite convincing lie, "Here, you since it was your fight, it would be more right for you to have it." He hoped that the girl did not notice that he did not win any loot, and was taking the prize out of his own wallet.

100 col + 1 T1 Material Sent to Telrenya

Jomei turned around after sending the winnings over to the girl and placed a hand on her shoulder, first with a smile, and then a frown. "Look, Telrenya.. I'm sorry. I feel as though we should have gotten out of there right after finishing off the Queen.. I didn't think that we would have been surrounded by so many wasps. I promised to protect you and I almost could have ruined that and put you in real danger..."

@Telrenya

ID 87868
BD 8 (+4) Hit
Penetrate: 4x2x13 = 104 dmg

Jomei: 986/986 (74/74)

Telrenya - HP76/140 | EN: 0/14 | 5 DMG

<Lesser Wasp> - HP: 0/70 | 21 DMG

- 100 col
- 1 T1 Mat

(OOC: Would you like to keep going, or end it here? I'm fine either way, this is a fun thread :3)

The blonde let out a heavy sigh, one of both relief and exhaustion, when the wasp finally shattered into thosands of pixels. 'Thank goodness that's over...' She thought, placing her rapier back in its sheathe at her hip. Just that one scuffle felt like it had worn her out, but Jomei grabbed her attention again when he turned to her and offered her some col and a single material. "Huh? Oh, I couldn't! I mean," The blonde tried to decline, but her shoulders soon dropped slightly as she hadn't the energy to even argue. She let out a tiny sigh and gave the man a small smile as she pressed the confirmation on the small window that had appeared before her. "Well... Thank you." She settled on saying instead.

She then felt a hand resting on her shoulder again, a bit surprised at the gesture before she absorbed Jomei's words. "N-no, you don't have anything to apologize for!" She urged, bringing her hands up to give a small wave of denial in front of her chest. "If it wasn't for you..." She averted her gaze as a tinge of embarrassment touched her cheeks again. "I wouldn't have been able to do this after all." She admitted in a shy voice. Trying to lighten the mood, Telrenya grew a smile as she looked back up at the Irishman. "Besides, if I keep trying I can take on stuff like this on my own in no time, right?" Despite the nervousness lingering in the back of her mind, the woman's smile widened with her words of confidence.

((Im fine with continuing for a bit, though I don't plan on this being my last thread with you :) ))

Jomei shook his head when the girl first denied her 'winnings' ."Really, I insist. You fought much harder than I did, so you deserve it more than I do." Jomei did was not of a level to buy any better gear, nor did he use potions, or craft very often. So col and materials were not something he truly felt he needed much of. He felt much better knowing those earnings would be put to good use, hoping Telrenya would use it to buy herself new armor, or even some equipment that added to her accuracy so she would not miss as often.

The man took his hand back and looked down at the girl, who waved her hands and told him he had nothing to apologize for. She admitted she would not have been able to even get this far, were it for the Irishman. Her shy confession brought a pink blush to her cheeks, to which Jomei could not help but give a small smile, finding the girl's actions quite adorable. The soft smile grew into a smirk when she even went as far to say that if she kept trying, she would get stronger and would be able to take these things on her own. "Yeah, you're right there. You'll be heading out on quests by yourself in no time at all... I-I mean, not that I wouldn't mind going with you. I did enjoy going out here with you and all anyway.." he caught himself babbling, so with pink cheeks, the man looked away and cleared his throat to regain himself. "Though before you go out on your own, you may need a little help getting used to that rapier of yours a little better. And I know just the teacher to help with that." the man said with a sly smirk, tapping his own rapier that sat on his hip.

@Telrenya

(OOC: For sure! Let's do more after this :3)

Telrenya blinked at the man's reactions, watching him grow flustered before he made the effort to compose himself. The blonde gave a small giggle, lacing her fingers behind her and rocking once from her toes back to her heels. "I'm glad it wasn't any trouble, then! If you want to, there's a lot of quests I still need to do..." Her voice became a bit smaller with her confessions. "It makes me really nervous going by myself, so I'd appreciate the company. Just in case." She wasn't able to maintain eye contact with the man while she spoke, but looked back to the ginger's face when he alluded to teaching her how to properly use her weapon. She was silent for a moment, but her eyes practically began to sparkle as she realized his offer. "Really?!" She asked hopefully. Telrenya seemed to catch herself, embarrassed with how childishly she had responded. She cleared her throat, averting her gaze as she went on to explain herself. "I mean, moving normally and stuff is fine, but when you're fighting it feels so weird. Like when you want to attack or dodge, the game will put you in the right place and it's so disorienting..." She looked to the side and towards the ground as her voice carried a slight pout. She gave a small shake of her head. Why was she being so awkward about everything? "S-sorry. I'd love it if you'd be able to help teach me." She tried to salvage her half of the conversation with a small smile.

Jomei's face slightly lit up when Telrenya admitted that she would still need help for a bit, and that she would be more than happy if Jomei tagged along. It had been quite awhile from the old days when Jomei's whole outlook on this game was just to help others level up so they could protect themselves. Once he had gone to the front lines, and then was kept away for months, he had lost that about himself. The man had not even ventured back out to go on any quests or train with fighting mobs until today. He was definitely happy that he had ran into Telrenya today, for multiple reasons of course. The girl herself seemed to still shy away when admitting to Jomei that she was nervous about going out here, and probably still will be until she knows she could handle herself. 

After offering up his knowledge of the rapier to the girl, he saw the girl's happiness and excitement peak at a high. Jomei nodded his head, "Well of course. The rapier, I think, is a little bit more difficult to get used to.. Of course, you won't learn any new sword arts just by working with me. But I could at least help you out a little." he rubbed the nape of his neck, hoping that he did not shy the girl away from wanting to take on Jomei as a teacher. "Yeah, whenever performing sword arts, Cardinal pretty much takes over and guides your body through the attack. So if you are not ready for it, or if your body is off balance, you probably will not land the attack and it will feel strange." The ginger scratched at his chin, and slowly paced in front of the girl, "But I've found that, if you actually know how to fight with the blade without Cardinal, and you're able to position yourself correctly, it will feel much more natural, and you'll find your target." 

Jomei let out a breath of air, "Eventually, I'm sure we can take on some more monsters, even more bosses. Maybe I could even let you spar with me to get used to it.. But for now, I think we've had enough. You need to let your health and energy regenerate before anything. So why don't we head back to the town?"

"Hmm..." Telrenya hummed thoughtfully as Jomei's explanation matched her earlier feelings in the battle against the wasp. She looked down, giving an occasional nod of acknowledgement as the man spoke while she reflected on the fight. She made a mental note to check out some more shops once she had the free time--hopefully this quest and the col that Jomei had passed to her would give her enough to pick up another piece of enhanced equipment that she was sorely lacking.

She looked back up and smiled again when Jomei suggested heading back to Urbus. "Mm, yeah." She agreed, glancing over her shoulder to check if the way back to forest was clear. "You've still got to find a good place for your shop, right?" The woman grinned when she remember Jomei's original explanation for being on the floor in the first place.

Their exchanges had been comfortable and refreshing, something that Telrenya was grateful for. It wasn't often that she found someone so willing to help her gain experience, and even more rare that she wasn't the one approaching strangers. While she'd received help with quests and such from players here and there in the past, she was looking forward to seeing Jomei again. "Oh! That reminds me," She perked up, taking a hand from behind her and drawing it through the air to navigate her menus. She tapped on a selection with a smile, sending a friend request to the man.

Once Telrenya agreed that the pair should return to the safe zone, Jomei nodded and began to walk back in the direction they had came from. Jomei was thankful for all the times he had taken this quest, and any others past the walls of Urbus. He remembered the safest routes to and from town, and he wanted to make sure that they avoided all other mobs on the way back. He made a side glance at his blonde companion, he did not to want to run in to any more trouble and put her in any danger. As she turned to look at him and speak, he quickly shifted his eyes to look forward again. She asked if he would be resuming his hunt for a place to set up shop again. Jomei placed his finger and thumb on his chin in thought. "I suppose I could, though it could also wait." Jomei said with a smile. Suddenly, the girl stopped when she remembered something. Jomei looked at her curiously as she brought her hand up and began to touch at the small display that had appeared in front of her person. Moments later, a small rectangular box swung around to Jomei, a friend request from the blonde. Olive green eyes looked up at Telrenya to see her smiling. Jomei returned the gusture and accepted the request. 

The two continued their journey back to the town. Jomei walked with his hands in his pockets, his green cloak gently swaying in the air behind hum as he moved forward. "So what other quests have you gotten out of the way so far? Have you picked out a profession? Or looked into taming a familiar?"

Continuing along the path back to town beside Jomei, Telrenya simply enjoyed the scenery that passed by them. She was used to living in suburban areas all her life, so the nature and different environments that Aincrad provided was a change of pace that she hadn't realized she had longed for before joining the game. The Irishman's voice spoke up again to get her attention, and Telrenya looked over to him as he asked a small string of questions.

Her head tilted to the side slightly as she looked forward. "Hmm, other quests..." She mused. "I've done one of the beginner quests on the first floor. I'm...trying to do the rest, but I might have to do those alone. Some higher level players have told me that they're level restricted." She explained with a defeated tone. After completing the first of the quest chain with Invious, she hadn't been able to find the masked woman again. "I've done another one on this floor with finding a little girl in a bat cave. Oh, and I do have a profession as an Artisan. I just set up my shop in Delilah last week." She replied with a proud smile.

"Familiar..." She echoed, trying to understand what he meant by the term. The woman suddenly remembered her encounter with Domarus in the quest that she had mentioned, and the fiery dragonling that rested on his shoulder that had mesmerized her when they met. "Oh! No, I've seen one of those once, but I hadn't even thought about trying to get one. Is it hard? Are there different kinds?" She shot back a few questions of her own as her curiosity swelled.

Jomei listened as Telrenya went down the list of the few quests she had taken care of. Lucky for her, she was able to participate in the lower leveled 'Beginner Quests' that had just been released. There were no such thing when Jomei was that level, and now that he was higher up, they were restricted for him to complete. The blonde also told Jomei that she had completed the quest to find the young girl in the cave surrounded by bats. Jomei felt a chill down his spine, remembering the terrible time he had trying to fight off those bats. Lastly, she had completed one of the more important quests, Earning a Living, and taken the profession of an Artisan. Jomei nodded in understanding, "Oh good, so you do have a profession. Artisan is a good field to have chosen." Much better than his own, he thought to himself. 

Telrenya seemed to think on the term 'familiar' thinking what he meant. Jomei figured he should have used another term, "Uh, an animal companion is a better thing to say." he rubbed the nape of his neck. It seemed to click in her mind, and she told him that she had seen one before, but had not considered taking the quest. The man smirked when she asked if there were different kinds, just like he was hoping she would. Giving the woman a sly side glance, he drew his hand up to his lips and pinched his bottom lip, letting out a sharp whistle. He then looked up to the sky as a brown winged bird flew over them and then descended onto their position. The creature hovered down to Jomei's shoulder, where the owl would make its perch. "Yes, there are different kinds. There are a few rules to what you can tame though." Jomei scratched the small owl on the head, "This here is Adere, my companion. Shes been with me here for awhile." 

The owl turned its head to look at Jomei, and then at Telrenya. A second later, her wings spread out and she lifted into the air. Flapping them gently, she moved over to where Telrenya was standing and she landed on her shoulder to say hello. Jomei laughed, "Looks like she likes you already." 

The woman gave a small start at the sound of a loud whistle. Telrenya watched in confused curiosity as Jomei looked expectantly towards the sky. Her expression quickly changed to that of surprise and wonder at the sight of the bird overhead, and she stared wide-eyed at the creature that perched itself on the ginger's shoulder. "Whoa..." She breathed out while looking into the owl's large golden eyes. When the familiar spread her wings and moved the distance from Jomei's shoulder to her own, Telrenya stiffened up like a child with stagefright. Unsure of how to react or what to do, she simply stood rooted in place, looking flustered with a slow sideways glance to the creature that had landed on her.

"O-oh, she's really cute!" The blonde stammered out. Although she was being sincere, her nerves got the best of her. The tawny owl did look quiet adorable, but perhaps she just wasn't the best with animals--even virtual ones. She suddenly started to have second thoughts about trying to get a familiar of her own. She wondered if she would even be capable of taming an animal of her own.

Jomei's eyes shifted back and forth from Telrenya to Adere a few times before he noticed the blonde's body was stiffening up and she seemed almost uncomfortable. Jomei's excited smile disappeared, and he stepped forward to the two. Reaching out his hands, he gently took the own in his hands and placed her back on his own shoulder. "Sorry about that. Got a little overly excited myself." he said, scratching his opposite arm. He felt bad putting the girl in an uncomfortable position like that. "Anyways, we should continue on. We should be back at the town in no time." Taking the lead, with the owl on his shoulder, Jomei led Telrenya back down the path towards Urbus.

As they continued forward, the trees began to lighten up and eventually the two emerged from the forest, the tall walls surrounding Urbus in their sights now. Jomei let out a sigh of relief, for he had made it out and back without putting Telrenya in any real danger. The pair walked around the walls until they came upon a gate to the town. "Well, here we are. Back in the safe zone." Jomei said with a smile, "I hope you enjoyed fighting your first field boss." 

"Oh, sorry!" Telrenya felt the need to give an apology after Jomei's. He seemed to regret letting the small bird near her, and the blonde gave a nervous chuckle. "I'm an open book, huh?" She felt a bit embarrassed to admit it, though she knew very well that she couldn't conceal her emotions no matter how hard she tried. No convincingly, at least. "I really do think she's cute! I'm just kind of shy with animals." She tried to explain, her eyes drifting to the forest floor with a light blush and a tiny smile on her face.

Once the pair had reached the safe zone, Telrenya gave another smile. "Of course!" It widened in response to the man's question. She laced her fingers behind her once again and rocked back and forth on her heels a couple of times once they had stopped. "You said not to, but I'm gonna say thanks again." Although she had something else to add, she wasn't quite sure how to put it into words. In order to get it out before a silence crept over them, she added on, "I'm usually not busy, so just uhm... I guess message me anytime you're free...like, to practice, I mean. O-or if you just want to meet up, that's fine, too. I mean, whatever is okay with me, really..." In her haste to address the topic of her mentoring, Telrenya tripped over her words. She felt the heat in her cheeks as she stumbled around the topic, finally silencing herself after some more poorly thought-out words.

Jomei closed his eyes and smiled when Telrenya insisted that she thank Jomei for all of his help anyway. The meaning of his comment was to keep the blonde from feeling as thought she would need to repay him for his actions, however the man always accepted, and appreciated, verbal thanks whenever it came to him. Kind words as such made him feel proud in helping others, and made him feel as though he actually made a difference and helped. Jomei placed his hands into his pockets and looked off to the side before he heard the woman speak up again, stumbling over her words to get out what she needed to say. Almost as if embarrassed, or too shy, to admit it. She told Jomei that he could message her anytime to practice or hang out. Jomei responded with a smile, "Well, lucky for you, I am usually not busy either. So whenever you need practice, or just want to hang out, you could message me as well. And I'll do the same when I want to meet up." he ended with a smirk and wink. Jomei rubbed the nape of his neck, "Well, I guess I'll leave you to it then. I'm going to take another look around to see if I can find a place to set up shop." Putting his hands back into his pockets, Jomei continued to walk past Telrenya before stopping right next to her, "It was a pleasure to meet you, and I really hope I get to see you again soon." he gave her another soft smile before continuing walking. After gaining a decent amount of distance from her, he took a look over his shoulder one more time to look at the woman. He truly did hope he would see her again soon. 

((OOC: You could end it next post if you want, unless you want to cover anything else in this thread. I'll be gone for a week, so I won't be back until next Saturday. If you want to start up another thread between us in the meantime, you can.))

(OOC: Since we're so close to 40, I wouldn't mind snagging the one extra SP :P It would just be forcing you to make one more post, if you're okay with it. Sounds good though, have fun with whatever you're doing! :3)

Telrenya's face soon returned to its normal color while Jomei's words of agreement and reassurance reached her ears. She wasn't sure why she had been so flustered throughout the afternoon, but she was grateful for the man's kind nature. Her normal smile returned to her face and paired with a wave when Jomei bid her farewell. She turned slightly as he walked past her to be on his way, watching the ginger and the owl on his shoulder for a moment. Filling her lungs with air, she faced forward again while trying to give thought as to what she would do at this point. Perhaps getting back to her shop and grinding some Artisan levels, to which she thought, 'I'm really overdue for it... And I've really got to get some new equipment, so maybe I can make something useful.'

Remembering the material that Jomei had passed onto her earlier, Telrenya came to a quick decision. Taking a moment to get her bearings and recall the location of the teleport gate, she set off for Delilah.

• 2 weeks later...

As the ginger continued to walk, he slowed his pace. His olive eyes looked up at the blue sky above him, white clouds slowly floating by. His lips curved into a soft smile as he closed his eyes and took in a deep breath through his nostrils. He finally felt content after these past few months with everything that had happened to him. The man was not entirely sure what the day with Telrenya had done to lift his spirits, but he was thankful for it. Turning to look at the owl on his shoulder once again, he smirked and scratched at the feathered coat on her neck. The owl cooed in appreciation. "Looks like things are going to start looking up again, and maybe things will start getting back to normal." Placing his hands back into his pockets, Jomei turned down one of the busy streets of Urbus to finish his search for a place to set his shop up once again.