[F2-PP] Embers Encounter the Inferno -Embers and myself- -Long Live the Queen-

Domarus was on the second floor for his usual training exorcise.  However at this point the monsters on this floor were so weak that he needn't bother with them.  Not to mention that leveled mobs were growing more difficult to encounter.  In annoyance he determined he would be better off training on higher floors, then visiting the lower floors to check on the players there.  The reason for checking on them was because he needed to keep his reputation going.  At the moment he sat in a bar drinking some whiskey.  He never drank to get drunk, as he had gained a very strong resistance to alcohol.  He drank for the burning sensation down his throat, and the flavor of the drink.  Keres sat in a seat beside him with a cup of coffee, their familiars in hiding and keeping an eye out for any new players.  Domarus was close to starting his guild, however he needed more players to start it.  Aereth was with him, and while Hidden was also a part of his organization, she didn't wish to be part of a guild.  He understood and respected her reasons, however that meant he would need to find two more individuals before he could start it.  All the details were established.  Foundations set in place.  All that was left were the missing candidates.  He took another drink before setting it down, his eyes, burning with a fierce, cruel and selfish passion, staring into the glass, practically setting the liquid ablaze.  Even if he didn't gain full control of Aincrad, he would use his influence to gain more followers, and once he returned to the real world, his true plan would be stronger than before.  He was going to take full advantage of this 'death game'.  Just as he took advantage of others.

Of course while all of this was good for him, there was one thing he needed to kick up:  He would need to increase his level dramatically.  Level thirty five currently but that was far, far less than what he would require.  He needed to surpass Aereth first and foremost, then he would need to grind until he reached the frontlines.  Once there he would need to continue to grind to the best of his abilities until he managed to surpass the frontliners themselves, one by one.  And step by step, he would grow in power, reputation, and authority.  It was also a goal of his to obtain one of the rumored unique skills.  If he was able to do that, he would gain a serious edge in the future against the other frontliners.  Particularly Calrex.  Without a unique skill he wouldn't stand a chance against him.  He needed to match the man in authority, wit and power, and then exceed him in that area.  Once he did that, then nothing would stand in his way.

@Embers

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it wouldn't be the smartest decision she'd ever had. Embers had spent her eyes roaming between the first and second floors, mostly getting used to the game. And accepted every quest she could find, even if she had no intention of doing them any time soon for the most obvious of reasons. She was still within single digit levels and lacked any form of good equipment. Once she had all that sorted out, maybe she could start to hunt down the higher level floors and monsters, but for now, she had to be safe and do what she could. But, that didn't always prevent her. When you're born with fire in your veins, some impulses are simply too hard to resist. 

She opened up her quest journal and flipped through the ones she had accepted. The most recent one had something to do with bees, hence the name 'Queen' within it. She snorted, of course it would basically be a pun for a quest name. Still, that was one of the many quests that, at least for now, was simply too risky for her to attempt. Yet alone attempt alone. So instead, the girl drew the weapon off her back. It was just a basic battleaxe, but it was hers. Although, she would need an upgrade soon. She was aware she had ordered one, yet the blacksmith had yet to deliever on it as of yet, meaning she was stuck waiting. 

"God-Damn it, why are all the combat quests too hard for someone with a low level!" She complained as she some sorta bar place, but instead of going inside, took a seat by the door. While in the real world, she may have gone in and gotten drunk, she wasn't in the mood for it. Maybe once she had a few levels under her belt she could give it a shot. 

Domarus' sharp ears hear the rather loud and frustrated comment that echoed from outside the bar.  For him it was only faint, so he could only catch the curse, something about quests, and levels.  He put the pieces together and came with three possibilities.  Either there was a player who was too low level for a quest.  The player had just finished a quest and didn't believe it was worth the effort.  Or they were frustrated with the rate their level was rising.  At any rate it was none of his concern in the least.  He began to take another drink when he heard the door open, and seeing as how the curse had come not too long beforehand, he made the assumption that the same player had walked into the bar just now.  Domarus allowed a glance behind and saw the player:  Long red hair with brown eyes, and extremely low grade clothes.  It was definitely the first possibility.  He was ninety eight percent certain.  She was too low a level to handle quests that would give her decent experience and was impatient with that fact.  He saw her take a seat beside the doorway and before she could notice him he'd turn back to his glass and analyze the situation.  Besides the newcomer, Keres and himself, there were no other players besides the bartender.  Either she'd sit there or seek assistance.  Along with Domarus' presence, Rhozarth sat on a pole protruding from the wall.  The dragon's scales were consistently ablaze as it's eyes watched the newcomer.  Keres didn't notice as she continued to sit with Domarus, dressed in a maid's outfit as usual.  Her choice, not his.  He had chosen to analyze the situation and make a deduction.  Now it was her move.

@Embers

The girl kicked her feet up at the bar, brooding in her bad mood for many moments. She had to think of something, a way to level up without getting involved in combat. Once she had a few good levels, then she could power through them. But lacking them, made it near impossible to do any quests like that. Maybe there were searching quests? Like the ones before, but they bored her for an overwhelming amount. She craved battle, and her low level made any battle deadly against her. She had to take things slowly, or rely on others. She loathed that idea, yet, right now it seemed like her only reliable option. That kid had helped her before, who knows, maybe everyone trapped in this game is like this? 

She looked around, and it wasn't hard to spot them. A girl in a...Maid outfit?! Of all things, she found herself surprised. Although, maybe she should have seen that coming. Death games did encourage insanity after all. The other, well, in part had her hair. She couldn't see him properly, he did have his back to her. She sighed as she leaned back on her chair. Her options were rather simple, the more she thought about it. She could either give up, head back to the 1st floor and find some other quest. Or she could speak to them. What did she have to lose at this point? Worst comes, they say no and she is right back where she started. They say yes and, who knows, maybe she could get some levels under her belt. 

She dragged her feet off the table and made her way over, grabbing the chair and sitting down next to the pair, closest to the male. She looked over at him, eyebrows raised. She wasn't some timid flower to aplogise for interrupting, oh no. She was a firestorm, better prepare or get burnt. 

"Random question" she said as she took a deep breath and leaned back on her seat "Either of you two a highish level? I've been trying to get some quests done, but can't do them because they're all for higher levels or some crap. If so, could use a hand" 

Embers didn't do subtle or wordy. She said what she wanted and that was that. She'd been called rude and demanded, and didn't care enough to change her attitude before that. If they didn't care for her honest attitude, she didn't care enough for them. It was a rather simple way to live. 

• 2 weeks later...

Domarus heard the sound of dragging feet and a grin of satisfaction appeared on Domarus' face.  He knew that she would approach.  One way or another.  When she was close he switched his face back to one of deep thought, concealing his satisfaction utterly.  When she sat down he acted as if he hadn't noticed her before and turned to look with mild surprise.  When she asked her question, the surprise left and he smiled, nodding.  He was beginning to get an understanding of what this woman's personality was like.

"Well, I wouldn't say we were a high level, but we are higher than the lower ones yes."  Keres leaned forward to see her clearly, showing her green eyes.  She smirked slightly as she spoke.

"He is a high level.  I don't care for level grinding as he does as much."  Domarus was pleased that she spoke up and said that.  It would not have looked good on him if it was he who said it.  He gave a slight chuckle.

"My name is Domarus.  This is Keres.  We wouldn't mind getting you through a quest or two.  I should probably be taking down a few more mobs right now anyways.  What sort of quest did you have in mind?"  Domarus was waiting for the familiars to make a move but neither did.  Excellent he thought.  They would remain hidden until they left the building.  Domarus needed to know more about this woman.  He needed to see how she would be useful to him.  If she would be sane and calm enough to be a possible member of his guild.  If she had the potential to be a follower of his.  Or if she had the capability to be a weapon.  At any rate this was not going to be easy, of that he could be certain.  Keres and Rhozarth both knew the routine.  Stay out of the way and observe.  If push came to shove, Keres could hold her own despite not having any damage output at all.  Rhozarth amplified Domarus' attack and served as an additional fighter.  However he doubted it would come to that, and even if it did, Domarus could easily handle her from the looks of things.  Unless of course she was lying to him and this was a setup.  If that were the case he had Porvós, Keres' familiar, to watch in the shadows for any ambushers.

@Embers

Part of her honestly expected the pair to shy away from her. The girl was dressed in some silly maid outfit, and the guy, well, honestly he looked like the sorta jock that used to hit on her in pubs, right before she broke their noses. But, maybe within this game, people weren’t as they always seemed. That and the concept of a level system meant that, even if she wanted to, she couldn’t injure him like that and, in all honesty, he was more likely to injure her.

They obviously knew each other well, the way they spoke together screamed it to her. The girl wasn’t too much, as the guy took lead. Domarus was offering to the quest huh? She grinned, widely, as the fire within her eyes ignited. Maybe he would be worth the effort, maybe he was just some gamer who had been playing a long time. There was, really, only one way to find out, and that was through one of those stupid quests.

The girl kicked her feet up on the table, knocking over a glass as she flipped through her quests. There was one, for this very floor, that would work. Assuming he could fight that was. Her low level meant that if those bugs targeted her….Well.

“What about this one?” She showed him her quest journal, highlighting the ‘Long Live the Queen’ quest. “Gotta crush some wasps, now, my level means if they turn on me, I won’t last long. Can you handle ‘em with me?” She knew it was asking a lot, pretty much asking Him to do the quest since, if she got aggro, she died. But, if he was a good level, she’d be fine. And having someone in debt to her, well, she had the Kid already. Why not have two?

Domarus didn't miss the wide grin as obvious as it was, and neither did he miss the fire in her eyes.  However he made an educated and experienced guess that this look was about gaining power through levels, and nothing more.  Domarus was a man who sought power in all it's forms:  Physical prowess.  Control.  Influence.  Even an army.  Domarus would be a man you didn't trifle with.  In fact, he was just that right now, despite his level being lower than a typical front liner.  He watched her kick her feet up and, for the sake of things, cocked an eyebrow before she began to talk.  So she wasn't looking for aid per cay, but someone to carry her through it.  Or perhaps she just wanted to practice manipulating and controlling.  If she was, she was far out of her league when it came to Domarus.

"This quest is possibly the easiest combat related quest the system has available.  I could one shot this creature without even trying.   I don't mind aiding you, but if you think I'll let you do absolutely nothing, you've got it wrong."  He said with a grin before leaned back in his chair.  He wasn't about to let her use him in that manner, but neither was he willing to tarnish his reputation either.  He needed to come up with a reasonable exchange in return for his aid.  Something that was nowhere near too much, and yet wasn't too little as well.  There was no chance in hell she had any col or materials she could give him in return for this.  And favors was far too cliché for Domarus to even think of using.  He could attempt convincing her to call on him whenever she needed aid for a quest, but that would need to be after they had finished the quest.  So what could he use at this very moment?  Then he came up with an idea.  Instead of getting something material from her, perhaps he could get something else.  Something that lasted much longer.

"Of course, I believe I'm accurate in guessing that you don't really have anything to offer in return at the current moment.  And while it is a bit frustrating, I understand the position your in as I was there myself once.  Training's a b**** when you can't exactly go out and train with your life on the line like it is, isn't it?"  He acted as if he was thinking for a moment.

"I'll help you get on your feet.  After you get better equipment however, I won't be carrying your weight anymore.  Do we have a deal?"

@Embers

Embers like to consider herself a very good reader of people, but she had no idea the depth of Domarus' mind. She saw herself, through him, as just a reckless girl who he felt a somewhat desire to help. It somewhat frustrated her, but with the level system being the way that it is, there is nothing she can do but just work on levelling up and making herself a force to be reckoned with. Unlike Domarus however, Embers was rather simple. What you saw was what you get, a loud-mouthed girl who would burn everything that tried to stop her. Which is both a treasure, and its own curse. 

"You could 1 shot it eh? Damn" She leaned back on the chair, taking a breath "I'm mostly just asking for help cause, if those little buggers turn on me, even i won't last long agains' em" She admitted. It was less the damage dealt, and more just tanking the damage. If they're not hitting her, she had time. Issue is, without any proper armour, they would easily kill her. While the option of going back to the first floor and doing the boring quests was there, she did like the idea of burning through some of the harder quests just to get an early lead in terms of levels. 

The deal, as he worded it, was...Interesting. Although why he was striking it with her did perplex her. She was low levelled, so what could she offer him outside of a body when she could handle monsters? She looked at him with a small amount of suspicion, before shrugging. "I'm working on better gear, got some blacksmith working on a weapon and armour. Just gotta grab the col to purchase it honestly" she admitted, although it wasn't entirely done. She also could use some trinket to improve her stats, but a problem for another time. She gave Domarus a sly smirk "But, as for teaming up, i'd say we've struck ourselves a bargain" She said casually as she closed her eyes. 

In her mind, she was in control. Domarus would owe her favours, ones she'd call on for raids and quests when she needed the help, If she needed the help. If she'd known just who she was dealing with, maybe she'd of backed away. But the bargain has been struck, and Embers had, once again, charged into a lions den. 

Embers appeared to see the feat of slaying that weak creature as something to be impressed by.  It really wasn't.  The boss was pathetically weak, even when Domarus first took the quest.  His damage output was powerful, and only grew with the increase of skill points.  And he needed them more than ever.  It was his intention to catch up to the front liners, and surpass them in every way.  One of those ways was to obtain a unique skill, however his chances of that were low.  He would need to prepare for worst case scenario, and attempt to create an ally out of existing holders of the unique skills to balance the scales.  And of course he needed to find out which players had a unique skill to begin with.  Embers continued, saying that her main issue was that they could one shot her.  So she was a beginner then.  He had already confirmed it at this point, her words were pretty much icing on the cake.  
     "
Understandable.  There isn't much beginner players can do on their own, what with death hovering over our shoulders continuously."  He watched her think and process through his proposal, and even saw a small amount of suspicion.  Well, at least she wasn't a hopeless cause.  In fact he was rather impressed with her thus far.  She attempted to take charge right off the bat, was attempting to manipulate him, (Failing, but making a good attempt nonetheless) and was even suspecting him, albeit only a little bit.  He listened to her words as she explained that she was working on her armor and such.  Finally she got to the actual proposal and, with a sly smirk he noticed, agreed to the proposal as she closed her eyes.  Domarus gave a casual smile while he was smirking himself underneath.

"I'm glad to hear it!  Now then, I'm assuming you'll want to head out now and get that quest cleared and reap the rewards, am I correct?"  He smiled before he finished off the last glass and placed it down, pushing it towards the bartender and standing up, Keres following suit.  Domarus turned to her.

"Oh, I believe you have yet to inform me of your name?"  

@Embers

He was right, and it annoyed her. Her level limited her in so many ways...Once she had all the levels she needed under her belt, oh that would be a glorious day indeed. Everyone would bow or burn, either of she didn't care which. But that was some time in the future, as for now her challenge was to simple grab every level, every quest, every bit of armour. Once she had all of that, she'd cleave her way through Sword Art Online. 

She opened her eyes as Domarus suggested they get going, and the girl nodded. About time she got moving, that quest was only gunna get done with action. And as much as sitting at a bar was a familiar pasttime, she had spent enough time in bars already. She grinned cockily at the male, unaware that she was somewhat, dancing to his tune, not the other way around "Damn right i wanna get going, the sooner i do this quest, the sooner i can grab me my armour" She said, as she stood up and stretched her arms out. She had been about to start walking, when he mentioned she Hadn't said her name. 

"Oh yeah, i forgot. Its Embers" She spoke lazily, admittantly she had forgotten to introduce herself, but things got escalated she she just sorta forgot. Names were imperfect things anyway, sometimes you don't need a name. Just a reason. 

Domarus saw the cockiness in her face and was pleased to see that she had no clue she'd been fooled.  He would prefer to keep it that way as well.  He wasn't about to ask her to join his guild however.  He'd have her owing him favors, stacking them one after another, and slowly win over not only her trust, but her passion and desire as well, one day convincing her to join his guild.  However he would need to be slow and steady, especially since he was unsure of what her plans, goals, desires, and pleasures were.  He needed to do some research on her before he could do anything.  A lot of research.  He wasn't going to rush with her as he did with others.  He would do as he had with Aereth, one small step at a time.  The fact that he had recently bought new armor that wasn't dark and intimidating also helped him greatly.  She then told him her username:  Embers.  How ironic he thought.  Domarus loved fire.  It was the only thing that was pure in this world, and it allowed nothing to stand in it's way.  If hot enough, even water was useless against it.

"Alright then Embers, let's get this quest over with."  When she told him her username she seemed absent minded, as if she didn't really care who knew her name or didn't.  This of course, was a rather foolish decision.  Domarus wasn't afraid of giving out his name because the only players who would use it to track him down would be player killers, and he would be ready for them.  However if she managed to piss someone off, then a player could hire an assassin with the tracking ability to find her and end her.  When they walked outside, Domarus equipped his new armor Sovereignty, which was essentially silver armor with the shape and design somewhere between a knight's armor, and a king's armor.  However without the extra decorations, such as the cape, the red designing, and the emblem, the kingly part was much harder to discover.  His armor changed as he walked, not being slowed down by the armor at all.  As they walked toward the gates, Keres followed behind the pair.  Porvós, the flaming snake, kept it's flames down and slithered in the shadows, while Rhozarth flew in from behind and landed on Domarus' shoulder.

@Embers

The girl was, in comparason to Domarus, rather ignorant. She had no fear of assassins, nor was she aware of how dangerous her companion was. She assumed he saw himself a some hero, a view from her that was only supported by the armour he put on which looked like something those knights used to wear years back. She had to put effort not to snort at the sight of it. Values such as chivalry, in her minds eye, were pointless. What ultimately mattered, at the end of the day, was how strong you were and why you fight. There were days where nothing else mattered.

"Doesn't suit ya" She comments lazily as she walked alongside him, glancing at his armour. "You look like the kinda guy who doesn't need some shiny armour to prove a point" Was she complimenting him, insulting him? Honestly she wasn't too sure. She said what came to mind as she watched him put on that armour, nothing more. Maybe she was too cynical, maybe her fire had turned dark too recently? Who was to know. She pointed at his Familiar that perched itself on his shoulder "Huh, you got one of those things...What's it do?" She mostly understood familiars, they were tamed monsters that...helped. Somehow. She had nothing more than that. The kid she'd helped before mentioned it, but she hadn't been entirely listening to him if she was honest with herself. 

Domarus heard her comment about his armor, how it didn't suit him and how he wasn't the sort of person who needed armor to prove a point.  Her annoyance wasn't missed either, even though she managed to keep from snorting.  Domarus grinned under the helmet, amused that she didn't, and probably couldn't, grasp the concept and reason for this armor.  Domarus needed a good reputation.  So long as he held such a thing, the players in Aincrad had no reason to target him for anything other than seeking help.  Even if he held all of Aincrad in his control, there would be no reason to attack him.  Every shred of his actions and deception lead to this inevitable result.  This armor was no different.

"I have two sets of armor.  This one is designed towards persuading players to approach me rather than be nervous.  My second armor however is designed to intimidate the foe, and add additional respect from others.  I believe you can understand at least to some level as to why I choose to wear this armor."  Domarus continued to walk, passing the gate of the town alongside Embers.  This armor was named Sovereignty, specifically for when he and his guild rose and ascended beyond the knights of the blood oath.  His original armor, and his more preferred one, was hopebreaker.  A set of armor that was dark with a cruel shape, and a red visor that gave off a dark red glow.  His armor changed every time he reached a new tier as he liked to improve on it when he could.  Other players had a tendency to choose only what they believed was cool looking.  He understood of course that the Hopebreaker's intimidation factor wouldn't work on experienced players, but it definitely added to the theme he wanted while wearing it.  Then she mentioned his familiar and he nodded.  Rhozarth didn't flinch in response to these words.

"Familiar.  Rhozarth here gives an additional three enhancement slots.  The ones Rhozarth gives is damage, freeing up my weapon slots for me to but other enchantments on.  If you want to get strong, you'll want a familiar.  However, a familiar with an enhancement is far more difficult to obtain than nearly anything.  I can help you find one sometime if you need it."

@Embers

So he KNEW how his armour impacted other people huh? Interesting, althought why he was so concern with how others say him, frustrated her a lot. It was something she had learnt, Long ago, not to bother caring about. The opinions of others, while they could be useful, often times serves to cripple you. If Domarus was so concerned about how others say him, if that was how he pulled value out of himself....She snorted at the idea. The only person Embers lived for was herself, and everyone else could burn for all she cared. Still, it was up to him what value he put on others. She knew she didn't care what others thought of her, but others, well, no one was perfect. She knew she shouldn't have expected him to burn like her, no one she'd ever meet did. 

The girl took a closer look at the dragon on Domarus' shoulder. This was the second time she had Familiars explained to her, and she was still somewhat confused at the specifics. But the general wasn't that hard to work out, even for her. If you got a familiar based around combat, it would make her even harder to beat. She would worry about what kind later. "If you're willin'" She replied to his offer of help. She did find it, somewhat odd, how helpful he was being. She had a feeling he wanted something from her, but what? Eh, she'd worry about it later. "So if i get a familiar that does somethin' like Damage increase, or such, then i can ensure the rest of my equipment is suited to helping me" The girl went silent as she tried to think about it, what 'buff' would benefit her style best? She had....No idea. "So you think that a damage Familiar is best? Or just what you prefer?" So far, she'd met a variety of Familiars. Namely one that helped with protection, and another that did energy regeneration. How many familiar types exsisted?!

This time the woman snorted and Domarus found amusement in her ignorance.  That didn't normally happen.  Most of the time he was annoyed or disgusted with the world's ignorance and innocence, but at least this woman had some fire in her.  A fire that was not ready to go out any time soon.  No doubt she would try to bury anyone who tried to get in her way.  However she wouldn't stand a chance against Domarus.  Even if she did get to a high enough level where she was his equal, he would soon enough have an army.  The only way she would last was if she joined him.  He wondered just how far he could go with her.  The woman seemed intelligent enough, perhaps all she needed was to learn the truth.  The truth about how foolish people were, and how easily manipulated they were.  All it took was a shield of good reputation and a few strings, and Domarus could be ruling Aincrad.  He just had to be careful about how he did it, as well as take his time.  He noted that Embers began to look closer at Rhozarth, who analyzed her in return.  The proud familiar believed himself above most others, save for Domarus that is.  Domarus heard her reply and nodded.  Good.  He needed to forge some kind of bond between them as well as learn her personality.  If he was lucky he'd learn some of her real world information, such as history, family, etc.
     "
There are six different familiar enhancements:  Treasure Hunter.  Fighter.  Protecter.  Healer.  Accurate.  Assistant.  The last two are worthless, and the third nearly worthless.  Treasure Hunter increases your searching stats by three points.  Fighter familiar's increase your damage stats by three points.  Protecter increases your mitigation, or defense, by three points.  Familiar enhancements do not stack with gear enhancements however.  For example:  If I was using a weapon with three damage, it wouldn't stack with Rhozarth's three damage.  Therefore I can never get to six additional damage that way, only three.  Of course having a familiar means you have room to add an additional three enhancements to your collection.  If you want to deal damage above all else I'd get a fighter familiar.  Or if you want defense above all, I'd get Protecter.  Of course, I think I can make an educated guess as to what you'll choose."

@Embers

Heavens above, why was there so much onto just a damn pet! 6 seperate styles, each with their own advantages and consequences. It was far more advanced than she had thought, and the look of frustration was some-what obvious. This all required planning, something she loathed. A frustrated huff escaped her mouth as she went over the information that had been dumped on her. Out of the 6 different classes of Familiar, only four really stood out to her. Damage, Protection, Accuracy and Healer. However, the issue with that is she had no idea what numbers they had to help her. What other abilities she'd get, what armour style she'd settle on. In this video game, planning was needed, and she loathed it. 

"I'm not even sure what i'll pick" She replied to his statement about what she'd pick. She knew what he'd select for her. Fighter, to increase damage. It was a choice that did scream to her, after all, the more damage you dealt, the quicker you kill it. And had this been her first days in SAO, she'd of done it. But, there was more to this damn game. She'd been having a lotta issues Hitting her target, meaning maybe getting something to ensure she was hitting her target was important also? The healing and protection, while nice, might not be needed. Her armour was going to have mitigation, and she knew of the ability Battle Healing, that would heal her once she had more points to put into it. 

"I'll have to see, a Fighter sounds great to hit 'em harder...But on the other hand, the last few times i've fought, i've been struggling to Hit the damn things...Urgh I hate this planning crap!" The girl's outburst was rather colourful, including a lovely promise to create a tree out of the limbs of those who made the game "All this crap sounds like it needs a ton of bloody planning. I presume all the numbers and crap are on my menu right?" She opened her menu to check the skill sets. She knew that she was supposed to use these numbers to ensure her best chance of survival. However, she, like always, just wanted to wing it and see what happens. Hadn't gotten her killed yet....then again, she wasn't in life-threatening situations too often in the real world. Minus those mountain hikes...

One thing that was made certain, she had no control over her emotions, or her appearance.  Unlike Domarus who could accurately imitate any emotion or reaction on the outside, and even conceal what his eyes revealed, she screamed her mind to the world around with her expressions and sounds such as scoffing or huffs.  That, might be a problem if Domarus didn't work out a solution.  And make no mistake he would find the best action to take in regards to her.  She told him she had no idea what to pick, which of course would be a fine reply at this current moment.  It took time to filter through the options and decide on what would be best for her.  However she soon enough exploded, essentially cursing the need for planning.  It was a good thing that she ran into Domarus, or she probably wouldn't last long in this world.  She was what others would call the muscle of the group.  It seemed to Domarus that she wanted to rely only on brute strength, choosing to ignore the possible consequences and just destroy.  Which would mean that Domarus would need to control her or she could potentially destroy herself and Domarus.  However...  If he could create a situation where her actions would bring her close to death, Domarus could jump in at the last second and prevent her death from happening.  After that he'd show her just how important it would be to plan ahead.  At that point she would most likely listen to him.

"Planning ahead can be tedious at times, but if you do it right then you could be more powerful than anyone else.  Even those with unique skills and demonic equipment.  I would recommend you didn't dismiss the idea of taking the time to make a plan so soon.  At any rate, our destination isn't too far from here.  I'll land a strike on the boss without using a sword art which will draw it's anger on me.  You'll come in next and land a hit on it and I'll finish it off.  Unless you want me to just kill it quickly.  If you choose the latter we can find a monster that wouldn't be a threat to you.  I'd feel bad if you weren't able to take part in combat somehow.  Especially to release that pent up frustrations.  Oh, and in regards to your missing, there is an enhancement called accuracy that increases your chances of hitting your target."

@Embers

Was he right about having to plan ahead to survive? Yes. Did that mean she HAD to listen to him? No. Despite how smart it would be, she would go her own way as she always had. If he happened to be along with it, then congrats. But she wasn't bothered if she was honest with herself. Other people  come and go, the only constant was herself. She did commit what he said to mind however, as it may be useful when it came to picking up a familiar. Maybe, when it came to that, she could get his help? Given he had a familiar on his shoulder, it would make sense to consult first. Just incase. 

"Honestly, the 'safer' option is to kill it instantly" She said in reply to his appoach to the boss. While he was right and she Did want to let out some pent-up agression, there was a simple reason behind her decision. The boss possed some-what of a threat, while a monster would pose a lot less. But there may be one other reason. "I wanna see you fight" She said, feeling no need to keep this information to herself alone "I've only seen a few players fight, call it learnin' on the job" There was no other reason behind it. She wanted to be safe, and wanted to see the fighting style of another player. 

She told him that she would rather play it safe than anything else.  Which is a rather interesting choice as she seemed to be the sort who reveled in conflict.  Even further still, he could see the fire in her eyes.  Her words didn't align with what he currently knew about this, as well as what he was seeing.  He knew there was something up and was about to take the risk of asking a question when she confirmed it for him.  In truth she really wanted to observe him in combat, and see how he fought.  Now that he heard her say this it made sense.  He was surprised that she would be the type to give up a good fight just to see how someone else fought.  Domarus was that type of person.  He was the one who always analyzed someone else's style and techniques.  To say the least he was a little impressed.  He looked at her.

"If that's what you want, then the next time you're able to fight something I'll get to watch you fight.  Deal?"  He opened his menu and changed the settings so that bosses he fought would be leveled and not just set to a level that was far to easy for him to defeat.  After he did he they arrived at the area.  Domarus selected his weapon, the black two handed ax appearing in front of him and grabbed it with one hand, picking up a stone and throwing it at one of the infants, causing some damage which summoned the boss.  The massive creature appeared, it's stinger razor sharp as expected.  Domarus readied his weapon.  The wasp had far more health than originally, and even had more health than Domarus.  However that was what he was counting on.  He activated charge, launching at the boss that tried to attack him but it's attack only slid against the outer side of his armor while he released the screw dimension sword art on the monster, dealing a total of two hundred and thirty four damage on this attack.  The creature lost one of it's legs in the attack.  It was evasive and fast and thus Domarus wasn't able to land a critical hit, but he still dealt a lot of damage.  When he landed he swung his ax into the ground to stop sliding back, pulling his ax out with no effort once stopped.

@Embers

Spoiler

Domarus:  720/720 || 60/72 || 15-18 dmg || 54 MIT || 3 Evasion || 3 Accuracy
Wasp Queen:  666/900 || 108 dmg || 1 Accuracy

ID#  88271  BD:  4+3=7  MD:  7-3+1=5  Sword art used:  Screw Dimension-  x13 dmg -12 en
15+3x13=234 dmg

Edited by Domarus

A...two handed Battle-axe? Embers was somewhat surprised to see he had the same weapon style as her, before remembering that there was a limited number of styles and a clash was going to happen one way or the other. The wasp itself was...well, a LOT tougher than what had been stated in the quest and, in that moment, she was relieved she'd brought Domarus with her, unaware he'd allowed the boss to be this strong. 

Sitting back to avoid any aggro, she watched as he moved forwards, using a Sword Art to kick off the fight. And one that seemingly dealt a significant amount of damage, given the leg that feel off the wasp. But, as she watched, she did indeed learn. 

'Starting fights off with Sword Arts...Hell, it seemed all players rely on Sword Art attacks to get anything done, with any weapon style. Seems like its the more effective form of damage, if you can land it' That was the first piece she now knew about combat. Sword Arts were an absolute must, which meant more than she liked. She'd been to put SP into the skills, make them stronger, but also have the energy to use them. Sword Art Online had so much to learn, and she only liked to learn on the job.

The girl grabbed her Battle Axe, and looked at the Giant Wasp, and had an idea. Agression, she understood. She had another player explain, in detail, it to her before. So, she waited. She would wait until Domarus had secured at least 2 hits, then she'd leap in. Because, despite wanting to watch, Domarus had indeed hit the nail on the head. Despite knowing the dangers, Embers was NOT someone to pass up a fight.