[PP-F3] <<Search for the Hoya>> A Fallen Star

Telrenya's arms stretched towards the ceiling of her humble Artisan shop. The woman let out a yawn, her mind feeling hazy from the lingering sleepy feeling. Now that she had a shop, she always had a roof over her head, but she was quickly considering going to the inn a few blocks down to sleep at night. Despite having her own space, it wasn't designed to be a house, and as such there was no real way to get a comfortable night's sleep in the little boutique.

Stepping out of her shop and into the streets of Delilah, Telrenya place her hands on her hips and gave a quick look around. 'What to do, what to do...' She really needed to pick up some more gear--her rare-quality rapier alone wasn't going to do much for her once she started increasing her level, and the only thing she could make for herself was accessories. Not to mention how low her Artisan level still was, it would be a miracle if she could successfully craft even the lowest level of enhanced items.

@Hei

(OOC: Sorry, I wasn't very inspired for this intro, lol. Feel free to do whatever you like and we can have them run into each other.)

Within the last few days Hei had done quite the work for his guild, he had sewn some Uniforms for some members and even the cloths for their King, so his stock of materials was getting low again. When Hei woke up this morning and saw that he was nearly out of mats, he knew this would be one of these days, he would be running around looking for anything he could use. So he stretched his arms and legs, took his weapon from where he had left it and went out of his store to go and find what he was in need of.

As his store was in the town of beginning, he wouldn't be able to find anything close by, but that wouldn't be a problem, as he would just teleport to some other floor. When Hei walked to the platform, he overheard two players talking about some kind of maze on the third floor, and that some kind of field boss should be guarding a treasure there. - this sounds kinda interesting, while I'm out to search for mats, I could have a look at it, maybe it's the truth and I can find some treasure - the thought, while entering the platform and teleporting up to the third floor.

@Telrenya

Delilah was just about as lively as ever; as one of the more peaceful and 'pretty' lower floors, a lot of players seemed to set up their shops in the main settlement. While deciding her plan of action for the day, Telrenya felt a small knot forming in her stomach. Of course she wanted to do something that would get her experience--she'd spend the whole day just training if that's what it took. But she was still apprehensive about trying to go out into the wilderness alone. As much as she aimed to progress, she was less than confident in her ability to protect herself if things should go poorly.

And so, as much as she didn't want to face the rejection should would surely be met with until some kind soul might agree, Telrenya set out to look for other players who might be willing to help her. "Excuse me, do you know of any quests on this floor?" She would ask a pink-haired girl with a polite smile. As expected, the girl simply gave a shake of her head with a curt apology. Moving on to another, and another after that, Telrenya would find a new face in hopes that she might find someone to party with.

When Hei arrived at the third floors main settlement, he was surprised how nice everything looked, he had never been here before, as he had skipped this floor when he had entered the Emerald Harbingers and had quested on floor four with Stryder. So he wasn't sure how to find the right way, but it wasn't that important at the moment, as he was just admiring the town. So he walked through the town, looking at the beautiful houses and the many shops players had opened around here, when he saw a Blonde, walking around and asking other players if they know of any quests. - I know of a quest, but I don't know where it is, maybe she can tell me when I tell her about it. And even if she can't, there is nothing bad at knowing pore people, especial if it's a good looking girl like her -  Hei thought, while he moved towards her.

After she asked another player, Hei went over to her, and smilingly said: "Excuse me, I heard of a quest on this floor, but I have never been around here, might you be able to tell me where the <<Forest of Wavering Mists>> would be found?"

@Telrenya

Telrenya brought a hand up to the back of her neck. Out of the handful of people she had approached so far, each of them had their own way of saying no. She was just about to let out a sigh and commit herself to continue when a nearby voice reached her ears. The blonde woman looked to her side to spot a man approaching her with a friendly smile. Her expression instantly brightened when she realized Hei's proposal. "Oh, wonderful!" She responded initially, then paused a moment to consider his question. She had spent some time since opening her shop here in Delilah to learn the city's layout and familiarize herself with anything important. Outside of the safe zone, however, she was less knowledgeable. Still, the location that the brunette mentioned rang a bell. "Hmm, I think I know that place..." She mused with a thoughtful tap of her chin. "I've never been there, but if I remember right it's to the north. It sounded rather creepy when I heard about it, though..." She thought aloud. Still, this was the first time in a while someone had agreed to accompany her on a quest. She could only hope that this person's intentions were as kind as his expression. The woman brought her right hand over her heart and offered the man a small bow in greeting. "My name is Telrenya. I'd be grateful to join you!"

It seemed, that the girl really was searching for someone to go on a quest with, as she quickly said that this was a wonderful opportunity. Just then she paused for a moment, before telling Hei, that she had never been there, but still knew where it was. She also mentioned that it was said to be kind of spooky around there. - A spooky forest sounds interesting, and right like one could find some nice treasure around there - he thought, before he asked "So you know something about this forest. can you tell me all you know? Like why is it spooky?"

When Telrenya bowed to him, telling him her name, Hei bowed back, saying " Nice to meet you Telrenya, my name is Hei. You can join me if you'd like, but it looks like you don't have the right equipment for searching a field boss. Maybe we should stop at my store first." after introducing himself, Hei had a look around and noticed, that he had forgotten to tell her about his guild, and besides that, that he wouldn't be able to remember her name, as it was quite long, so he added. "Uhm.. Telren... ya, do you have a problem if I just call you Tel? Your name is kind of difficult to remember and it's better to have a short name in case I haveto warn you about anything."

@Telrenya

Telrenya gave a small chuckle when Hei asked about shortening her name. It wasn't the first time someone had called her 'Tel' for short, and she was started to think she should have realized something like that when she first decided her username. "Of course, I don't mind." She answered with a smile. He had mentioned her equipment--or lack thereof--and the woman felt a tinge of embarrassment. "Oh, um..." She mumbled, trying to recall how much col she had from the last time she checked. If she remembered correctly, she had just a bit less from when she purchased her rare-quality rapier. That should be enough for one more item then, right? The blonde gave a small, almost shy nod. "Sure, I guess I'm overdue for looking for upgrades." She admitted.

Prepared to follow the player should he lead the way to whatever destination he had in mind, Telrenya referred back to his earlier question about the Forest of Wavering Mists. "Hmm... I've only heard pieces from NPCs and players here in town, but it got its name from the fog in that part of the forest. It sounds like its always there, so there's not much sunlight. But the creepiest part is that people said they've heard screaming... I don't know if it's real or just made up by the game, but you can almost always hear screams coming from there." Telrenya felt a little uncomfortable describing and summarizing the pieces of information she'd heard before. She had always hated horror games and movies, and it sounded like that place had been designed with those concepts in mind.

- Ok, so now that I have the problem with the long name eliminated, we can have a look at the next problem, her lack of good equipment. I hope there are items in my shop she could use. - Hei thought, when Tel allowed him to shorten her name, and accepted his invite to his shop. While the two of them were heading to the teleport gate, Tel told him what she knew about the forest, and it indeed sounded like some place one could find some treasure. "Well, it really sounds creepy, but it shouldn't be to bad, we will go there at noon, as it will be the time light has the best chances to get down to us. Also, if we're together, we can make use of both our eyes, which should reduce the risk of getting surprised by monsters. The part with the screams seems a little weird, but I hope it's just some kind of mob, trying to lure us in. " this was when they arrived at the platform, and they quickly ported down to the first floor, where Hei showed Tel to his shop.

OOC:

There you'll find what wares I have. just choose what you'd like and include it into your next post
And here is some old stuff, I also offer at my store (for free)
http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/14535-f1-tailor-shop-the-hanger/?do=findComment&comment=519569
@Telrenya

Edited by Hei

Travelling down to the first floor before they would begin their expedition into the Forest of Wavering Mists, Telrenya's nerves were slightly quelled by Hei's words. His explanation and planning did well to reassure her that they wouldn't be blindly charging into something they wouldn't be able to handle. Even if they did find themselves up against something dangerous, it sounded like he had a knack for strategizing. The woman nodded along with his words, and before she knew it they had arrived at his shop.

Besides the NPC shops in another part of town, Telrenya hadn't found herself in a Tailor's shop before. It was much more impressive than the automatically-generated gear that Cardinal offered--she could tell that players had more creativity in their crafts, and she found a smile on her face as she carefully stepped inside. The man allowed her to look around, and so she curiously eyed the various items he had on display. It took her a few moments to familiarize herself with the different stats and buffs they provided, and she tapped a finger on her chin while she thought about what would be good for the type of build she was considering.

Finally, she spotted an item that was a bit different than the other gear on display. A shield, not an outfit, that displayed something like a monster's face. The item's creepy appearance alone almost had her make a face, but she found herself turning back to the brunette with a question. "Did... You didn't make this, did you?" She wasn't sure how to word it at first.

When they arrived at the first floor, Hei took the lead and showed Tel to his Shop. As his shop wasn't at the centre of the town as many others he had seen, it took them some time to get there, but when they finally arrived, Hei could see, that Tel was amazed by his work. She smiled when she entered the store and had a a look at all the different items he had crafted so far. "It's a nice choice of items, isn't it?" Hei asked her, while she was still looking around, but soon saw, that she was interested the most in one of the few pieces of equipment he hadn't crafted himself. The heavy shield he had used in his early stage within the game was what drew her attention.

She then asked him, if he had created this too, but as much as he wanted to tell her yes, he had to deny. "Uhm, no. I didn't make this. It has been created by an old friend of mine. He gave it to me when I had near to no equipment, so it would protect me. And as I don't need it's protection any more, I would be happy to give it to you, to do the same for you." While Hei let Tel have a moment to think about the offer, he walked through the store, and looked for all the equipment he had used together with the shield, just to have some fun and show her, how his whole style had been centred around the creepy design of the shield. So when Hei came back, he looked like on of those creepy Halloween figured, walking around town and scaring the kids, with his hands being black claws, his face in the shadow of a deep black hood with a big red eye on the forehead. his green coat was changed out for a black cloak and he was holding a scary looking spear with a jagged bone tip. Looking like this, Hei came around the corner and screamed "Booh" just to see her reaction to it.

@Telrenya

"Oh...really? I could pay you for it," Telrenya was surprised when Hei offered to hand the shield over to her possession. She would greatly prefer something smaller, like a simple round buckler, but a shield was an item she had been longing for, and the one displayed in front of her had solid stats and an...interesting design.

The man walked away while she continued to study the item, perhaps leaving her to her thoughts for a moment. She wasn't sure if he was simply passing time, or if he had something to do while they were in his shop, so she decided to wait a moment before looking at any other pieces of equipment. Taking her eyes away from the shield, Telrenya turned to see if she could spot the brunette among the displays. As soon as she had moved, however, the woman was met with a hooded figure that caused her to jump. Telrenya let out a small scream in reaction, taking a step back before it dawned on her. "H-...Hei, is that you?" When she quickly realized that it was in fact the brunette playing a prank on her, the woman's brow immediately furrowed. "You scared me! You look so creepy in that outfit." She nearly pouted at him.

When Hei realized, how much he must have scarred Telrenya, he quickly put back the hood, so that she could see, that it was just him. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to scare, you, I just thought you'd like to see, how much my equipment style had been influenced by this creepy shield when I was low level. I really thought it was cool, but nowadays, I prefer a look, that fits better to how I am, and what I do."  and so he quickly re equipped his normal gear, including the Harbingers cloak in it's shiny emerald green and the grey green newly made armour, that just covered his left arm. After hoping to not have gone to far with Tel, Hei remembered, that she had offered to pay for the shield, so he added "Oh, and you really don't have to pay for the shield, it's a present to you. But you can still have a look at all the other stuff I have in here, and buy something of it, if you'd like." And so he stood behind Tel, waiting for her to decide what and if any other equipment she would like to have.

@Telrenya

Edited by Hei

After the initial fright, Telrenya couldn't help but laugh as Hei pulled back his hood and apologized. "No no, it's okay! I just scare easily, I guess." She chuckled while giving a small wave of her hand. "It really is cool, this game has so much detail for clothes and equipment." It hadn't taken her more than a few moments to return to her normal friendly demeanor.

"Hmm, yeah I'm still using a lot of basic stuff..." She mumbled, looking down at her own clothing. The only enhanced piece of equipment on her was Radiant Dawn, so her armor wasn't doing much for her in terms of actual protection. Not only that, but she really wanted to create an item that boosted her accuracy. After some of her previous encounters, she wasn't looking forward to repeating the experience of repeatedly missing her target.

She looked around at the items on display--not paying as much attention to the gear on the male mannequins, she brought a hand up to her chin as she studied the available items that she could potentially combine with the shield. 'Hmm... A loot item might not be a bad idea, but should I should focus on combat stats, right? Evasion, Light Momentum, Recovery...' She mulled over what she thought the most useful enhancements would be. With a slightly troubled expression, the woman turned back to Hei with a slight tilt of her head. "Erm... I'm honestly not sure about this stuff. Is there anything you recommend?" She asked shyly.

Hei was happy, that Tel wasn't mad at him for scarring her, even though he still felt a little bad for doing it. When she added, that she found it cool, that the game had so much details for cloths and equipment he had to agree to her "Yes, this game really has many options, and what's the best, as a really skilled Tailor one can craft cloths that are totally unique, as there is an option to craft without the standard blueprint mode. This is super cool, but on the other hand, it also deactivates the item's ability to change it's size, so one really needs to measure up the future owner of it, so I haven't done anything like it by now." After telling her about this, He let her browse through the items some more, before she asked him, what he could recommend. - Well, I don't know what she wants to hear, so I'll just go with the same I use for my gear - he thought, before telling her "Well, it always depends on what one wants to do with it. For the first few levels armour with mitigation is the best, as it reduces taken damage. After a few levels, the enemies damage per attack gets so high, that the increased probability to dodge attacks from the evasion stat is stronger. If you don't have any acc boosts you could take something with light momentum, as it increases your chance to hit the enemy. And with all of this I have to advice you to take an item with +LD, as one never can have enough materials."

@Telrenya

Telrenya nodded as she did her best to take in all the information Hei gave to her. Though not all aspects, some of what he said could surely apply to her own Artisan profession, so she wanted to make sure she understood before she crafted an item all wrong, like a bracelet that didn't fit right. She had to admit, she was a bit discouraged when glancing over at the items in Hei's shop that were clearly designed for a male figure, but she understood the reasoning behind it. Some of the items that he had for a female user were more cute, and would probably feel better for her to wear. She supposed that was a trade-off she was willing to accept.

As he moved on to the topic of enhancements, two options in particular stuck out at her.  'Light Momentum... Or Loot...' She thought, giving another look over the items she had narrowed down to. Finally she moved to a display that had a long cloak draped over it. She eyed the small window that appeared next to the crafted item that told her what it was. "Cloak of Sunlight..." She repeated the written name in a hushed voice. Turning back to Hei with a small smile, she lifted a finger to point at the item. "Can I buy this one from you?"

Hei watched Tel as she tried to memorize or understand all that he had just told her. He knew it wasn't that easy as he had needed many hours of revising and learning while crafting before he knew how to deal with all this stuff. When she finally restarted looking through the items he had in his shop, it didn't take long before she asked him about the Cloak of sunlight. "Of course you can buy it, it's for sale as anything else around. And I believe it would suit you very well. About the payment, would you rather pay with col or materials?"

While giving Tel some time to decide about the payment and if she would like to have more equipment, he walked through his shop, moving some of the items to better positions, browsing through his inventory and arranging it, so he would be able to quickly get to what ever he needed the most. Then he thought about the quest they would be going on and about what he had heard - When she is equipped, we can start our treasure hunt. I don't really know what we will be fighting, but I believe it's some kind of field boss, so I hope it won't be to hard to defeat.-

"I should have enough col, if that's okay. I'd like to try using the materials I have for my own profession." She maintained her smile while she pulled up the trade interface from her menus. "Just name the price." The corners of her mouth stretched a bit wider as her finger hovered over a small keypad.

Once their transaction was complete and Telrenya was officially sporting two new pieces of gear, her spirits had risen much higher, allowing her to forget all about the unease she had felt when describing the location of the quest they were to tackle. She had equipped both the cloak and the shield, twisting to look over her shoulder and admiring the equipment. While she was practically grinning, the fabric draped over her shoulders let off a soft glow. "Thank you!" She turned her attention back to Hei, realizing that she hadn't thanked the man for his business. "Shall we be off?" She asked eagerly.

Trade Confirmation:

• -400 col
  • +Fear Eater
  • +Cloak of Sunlight
Edited by Telrenya

"That's always a good choice, I too would rather crafting something myself instead of using the materials to buy something else. So it'll be 400 col and the cloak is yours" Hei cheerfully said, as he actually had sold something. It wasn't that common that people bought his items. When Tel had transferred the money, Hei handed the cloak over to her, so she could equip it, or tuck it in her inventory, what ever she would prefer.
When Hei had given her the equipment, she nearly instantly equipped it and admired the softly glowing cloak, grinning and thanking him "You're welcome" Hei said, before Tel asked him if they should leave. "Yeah, sounds like a good Idea, we have to find some mysterious treasure deep in a forest full of mist and creepy stuff."  And so Hei left his store, leading the way back to the teleportation platform and humming a little tune, as he was really happy that he had met Tel this morning.

@Telrenya +Fear Eater; + Cloak of Sunlight

Spoiler

Name: Fear Eater

Your Profession: Blacksmith

Your Rank: Rank 2

ID: 53120

Roll: 12

Item Type: shield
Tier: Tier 1

Quality: perfect

Enhancements: mitigation 1, thorns 2

Description: A Shield made to look like an evil monster. If the thorns ans spikes hurt an enemy the Shield absorbs their blood and the red eye opens.

Shield Design for Guild Wars by dee-london

Name: Cloak of Sunlight

Your Profession: Tailor

Your Rank: 4

ID: 86527

Roll: 8+1

Item Type: cloak (clothing)
Tier: 1

Quality: uncommon

Enhancements: Loot Die (1)

Description: A long and shimmering yellow orange cloak, with a banded collar. The colour brightens up, the happier the person wearing it is.

Post Link: (Self-Explanatory)

Hei: + 400 col; -Fear Eater; - Cloak of Sunlight

Adding the new equipment to her list of 'Good Things to Happen Today', Telrenya was very pleased with the turn of events. She nodded and followed after Hei as the two traveled down to the teleport gate so they could return to Delilah and embark on the quest. She was glad that the man was so patient with her--she often felt that she could be a handful or a burden on people since she was so poorly-equipped both physically and mentally for many different aspects of the game.

They reached the third floor without any issue, and made their way to the edge of the safe zone. "If what I heard about it before was right," she started, taking a moment to survey the land in front of them before continuing on, "It should be north of town," she held a hand up in front of her, giving a small pointing motion straight ahead, "and then we'll see the edge of the fog a little more to the west." Her finger moved slightly to the side as she spoke. "Shall we?" She gave a small smile in Hei's direction as she continued walking forward again.

With Tel telling him where they had to go, Hei was sure they would find there way without any problems and so he walked forwards with Tel at his side. "Yeah, let's go. there is no reason to wait, and we should better hurry when we don't want to have a chance to still be in there when it gets dark" he said, following Tel through the town. When they exited the town and walked through the land, it didn't take long before the outskirts of the heavy fog could be seen. - Wow,this really is creepy. why is it just hanging there, high as a house and not flooding around, getting thinner and disappearing - Hei wondered, then he told her "Ok, so this is it. we need to have some rules in there, like never get to far away, always stay so close you can see the other one. If there are strange sounds, try to ignore them and maybe the most important one: don't follow anything you see in there."

Prepared like this Hei stepped into the fog and immediately he couldn't see further than a few feet. Also his cloth began sticking to him, as the air was so moist, that everything was damp after just a few minutes. He grabbed his spear and tried to see something in the fog, but the only thing he could see was white fog and Tel at his side.

@Telrenya